Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

I just need the Bear Minimum [Contract Search]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Using the guaranteed Contract of your choice card which can be found purchased in my training Here Would like your finest Bear contract please!)

"I'm...starting...to...think...that...old woman...lied...to me..." Riyota panted as he continued lugging the huge bag of gods-know-what on his back. He had been asking around the previous day on advice for summoning a contract creature and a kindly old Lady swiftly invited him in for tea and gave him helpful tips on methods to "Strengthen his Spirit" and "Prove himself Worthy." At this point he began to think she just enjoyed seeing people carry heavy things through the desert. He had refused to utilise his curse seal for a burst of strength as he considered it to be cheating and perhaps the spirits would look unfavourably towards someone who utilised dark energies to further their pursuits. However with his shirt wrapped around his forehead to collect sweat and the black intricate pattern plainly on his chest he was seriously considering it as an option. For his own safety he had enhanced the strength of his bones and joints with his Kaguya DNA in order to avoid straining or damaging them, which he assumed was the only thing making this trek semi-bearable.

Bearing in mind that he was under the ever scornful gaze of the desert sun he decided now would be an acceptable time to take a break. Setting down the humongous heavy sack onto the floor he leant against it and took a long gulp of water. The still air of the desert appearing warped and shimmering in the scorching haze. Turning his gaze to the sun he sighed and raised a middle finger defiantly. "I try not to hate too many things...but man...I really hate you!" He shouted to no-one in particular, though if the sun could understand him, he was sure it would be very offended. The young shinobi stretched and focused his mind inwards as he felt the cells of his skin burn up and die from the wrath of the desert sun, luckily, it was quite impossible for him to burn as the cells were almost immediately repaired and regrown only to die again and repeat the process.

Leaning his head against the bag he sighed again, looking it up and down. "I absolutely just carried this across the desert for no reason didn't I..." He slowly let his body slide down sideways as he lay down face first into the hot sand. If anyone was nearby they would hear a muffled, frustrated cry into the ground. Quickly he would rise, scattering sand everywhere he would stride away from the sack and then whip around and with a few quick handseals force it to combust, scattering the contents in all different directions. "THAT WAS SO POINTLESS!" He would cry out in blatant frustration.

Pacing around the wreck site he would begin discussing with himself as his curse seal started to ever so slowly grow and snake over his skin. "So what is it then? Sacrifice?! There, boom, sack full of stuff, you can have it! Blood ritual? I don't bleed easy but I can try! Maybe if you guys left some sort of instructions on how to talk to you I would be making more progress!" He screamed into the empty space around him. After a few moments he noticed the growing mark and quickly he took a few deep breaths in and out, calming himself and feeling it slowly recede. He let himself collapse backwards onto the sand, his brown hair mixing with the particles. With another sigh, he softly spoke to no-one.

"My soul has no place in it for a god, they were never there when I needed them. All I'm asking is for one of you to hear me out..." He paused for a moment, just in case any response came. "I need some help to bring down Akkuma, and to remove the dark stain he's let the Miroku become...I can't do it alone, as much as I pretend and try to convince myself otherwise. As it stands he will annihilate me. I need your help and I need it now, because give me a couple of years and I'll bearly have the strength to stand..." And so he lay in the unforgiving wastes of the expanse, hoping for an answer to his call.

WC: 700

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Some could say that the combination of heat, dehydration, and the sun's rays in the desert could be enough probably cause for hallucination. But what about the times when the impossible is actually a thing? What happens when the thing you can't seem to trust your eyes with spots something your mind can't seem to process. As Riyota screamed in the distance, possible at some god forsaken being in the sky, a rare sight to behold indeed took place near him. In the distance, there was a large being slowly trekking forward, moving ever more closely to Riyota. It was a large figure that walked on all fours. From a distance one may speculate that it was a turtle or a dry scaled lizard or hard shelled rodent but the creature seemed far too large for that.

As it moved closer, more of it's appearance would become clear. It appeared to be covered in a thick layer of rock. It's fur was lit aflame, glowing brightly with yellow, orange, and red embers that escaped and flailed against the rocky conglomerate that made up it's body. The creature appeared to be a bear, encased in rock and fire. It moved slowly, taking it's time. With each step of it's powerful paws, the sand beneath it turned to glass instantly from the sheer heat the bear generated from it's flames. A trail of glass paw prints created a trail behind him, but were quickly blown away by the wind and covered with more sand. As the bear came upon Riyota, it tilted it's head in curiosity. It would still be a small distance away, facing his head as he lay in the sand, still out of eyesight. Was this human talking to the sand? The sky? The bear saw nobody else around. The bear listened to the speech for a little while, the human still unaware that the bear had even approached him from behind. The bear did not know what an Akkuma was or why the human needed help but the bear had time, and he did just stumble upon him. It did not know why it was called when certain signatures drew him to certain people, but there was always some special interaction with each one it was drawn to. The bear could not leave until it had explored what made this human special to it, and why it had drawn him here. The first step though, required the bear to make it's presence known.

The bear stood up on it's hind legs, towering tall and proud. It let out a loud roar aimed down at Riyota, small flames escaping it's giant maw. The bear glowed a bright happy orance, the rocks making small cracking noises as the bear sparked to life. Riyota wanted a sign that he was heard, this was definitely going to indicate he got somethings attention.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Riyota wiped away a few droplets of sweat from his brow and sat there in a state of frustration. His cursed seal threatening to snake its way up his chest a cacophonous roar echoed out behind him, causing him to jolt up and tumble backwards, too startled to even scream. Quite the visage lay in front of him. An ursine entity, similar in shape to beings he had seen Akkuma summon the past but this one was covered head to toe in rock and magma. Its paws seared the desert sand, transforming it under the immense heat this creature must produce. Riyota could hardly believe his eyes, he closed them for a few seconds and shook his head, only to open them back up and see the same thing again. It seemed this creature was as real as it was going to get. Realising his rather unflattering position currently, and the fact that he hadn't even considered preparing for an attack the young Shinobi scrambled to his feet. It didn't seem like the creature wanted to hurt him. In fact it gave off quite a bright, warm glow. If Riyota was reading it correctly.

Once he was on his feet his eyes began exploring the interesting texture of the creature in front of him. The artisan inside Riyota was endlessly fascinated by the genetic make-up of the being in front of him. He took a deep breath and decided to risk stepping closer, using his own affinity with fire to protect him from the worst of the heat, though he could definitely still feel it. "You are just...fantastic." He said with great admiration in his voice, although he probably didn't intend to say it out loud. He reached out to touch it but quickly pulled his hand back, not sure how the creature would react to such an intrusion.

He scampered around the side to look at it face to face once more. "U-uh...did you, hear me c-calling?" He asked nervously, looking into the bear's eyes for any signs of intelligence or understanding. "I-if so...could I ask your name?" Even if this thing hadn't appeared to help him. It still held endless fascination for him, so even if it wanted to just sit and chat he would do so happily.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Riyota scrambled to his feet, the bear lowered again to all fours. It calmly stared, small flames flickering around it's vibrant glowing yellow eyes. As Riyota reached out with his hand, even though he had not touched the bear, it hardened and flinched away, making a small noise at the boy. The bear would not be touched. Well, not by conventional means anyway. However, that did not exactly mean that the bear could not touch him. It's ember filled fur seemed to blaze to life as it was complimented on it's form. The bear thumped it's paws in the sand. It gave a low nod when asked if it had heard the boy calling. The bear raised one of it's giant paws, the pads of his foot started glowing the color of white hot iron. The bear moved it's paw closer to the boy, waiting to see what he would do. Should the boy allow him to touch him, the bear would place the paw right over Riyota's chest, a small glow spreading around the paw, though no pain would come. It would be a warm, welcoming feeling, a flame that Riyota would be able to feel course all through his body. As the bear pulled it's paw away, the pads would leave a residual glowing mark on Riyota's chest. The bear made another noise, but now it would be one that Riyota could understand. "It is not often I wish to converse with others. That mark will allow you to understand me. As I'm sure you can tell, I am not the average bear. But I can blend in well enough when I want to."<i></i> The bear displayed this by cooling his fur. The flames died down, exposing rich brown fur, eyes that were dark black, and the lava rocks hidden well beneath it all. From a distance, one would not suspect this was more than an average black bear of sorts."I do not know why I was called here, but I go where the world tells me to go. My name is Roki. Why do you suppose has fate entwined us together?"<i></i>

The wind picked up around them, scattering sand into the air around them. Suddenly the bear raised it's nose high, it's ears slightly twitching back and forth as if listening very closely to something. "I sense our conversation will not be long....something is coming. Do you feel it?"<i></i> There was a static that filled the air, one that could make your hair stand on edge. Roki's fur blazed back to it's full burning brilliance, his stance shifting to stand tall once more. In the horizon a small dust cloud could be seen. It appeared something was approaching rapidly. "Any suggestions?"<i></i> Impending doom seemed to be on them, and yet the bear just waited patiently.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota stood dead still as the bear reached its paw out towards him, not wanting to offend the magnificent creature. He was expecting to feel a sting as his flesh seared from the contact and he even winced as the paw made gentle contact, but instead he felt a soft warmth spread throughout him, and when the bear removed its paw a paw-print mark remained on the right side of Riyota's chest. He returned his gaze to the creature and as the bear made another sound Riyota could hear a voice echo within his mind. Riyota did not break his gaze as he listened to the words of the bear, though his eyes widened in awe as the bear transformed into a more ordinary version of itself, a clever and convincing disguise. "I-I'm honoured that you decided to speak with me...I'm...v-very grateful." Riyota stammered slightly, still nervous as he was with meeting every new person. He spoke aloud still as he was unsure whether the telepathic communication worked both ways.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Roki..." Riyota bowed in front of the bear. Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure you were called forth by me...although, I'm not entirely sure how I did it. I...well...I'm trying to form a pact with something like you..." He explained. He was about to continue talking but Roki went first, in response to his question Riyota closed his eyes and shivered reflexively, he wasn't exactly sure what Roki was referring to but he could feel...something. However as he opened his eyes and looked out to the distance he could see something swiftly approaching. His newfound acquaintance seemed to be looking to him for guidance, which was never a great decision.

Riyota couldn't deny the child inside him desperately wanted to ride the bear into combat, but perhaps it was too early in the relationship for things like that. So for a moment he pondered before deciding. "Make sure it doesn't hit you, we'll wait until it gets closer and see what it is." He informed Roki, wanting to make a logical decision on their next move. If whatever was causing the dust cloud looked like it was trying to barrel into him he would quickly form the necessary handseals to sink himself into the earth beneath himself until it passed.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Giving a strong nod of affirmation, the bear did as instructed and waited for the approaching dust cloud to reveal whatever the source was that was causing such a large kick up of sand and wind. Time seemed to edge by slower and slower, the fur on Roki's back stood straight on edge, the flames flickering as the wind picked up the close the dust storm got to them. Roki braced his large paws in the sand as the gust of wind started to push him back. Small glass skid marks started to make themselves present as his form slid further and further back over time. While vision became difficult to distinguish forms, at one point several bird like squawks would be heart in the distance, mixed with almost the sound of something akin to a screaming lizard. Suddenly 5 dark figures emerged from behind the vale of dust and grit that shifted around them. The loud thumping of their quick legs thundering against the desert sands as they rapidly approached the pair.

The monsters were unlike any that Riyota would probably have seen. They seemed to stand at about 7 feet tall each, with long necks, dark gray bodies, taloned like feet, no arms, no eyes, a long lizard like tail, and a massive chomping mouth full of sharp razor like teeth. Their jaws snapped open and closed with a vengeance as the screeches continued to fill the air. The 5 monsters drew closer and closer and more details began to reveal themselves. Dark blood dripped off their mouths, a detached arm hanging from one of the monster's mouths. They started to circle the two almost in a highly strategic manner. It was like they were operating as one. The came to a slow, staring them down, which is quiet impressive for something with no eyes. They came off intimidating, it was clear they were highly trained hunters that relied more on their senses rather than their site.

Roki made a low rumbling growl. "This don't look good, kid."<i></i> Upon the bears small communicative sound, one of the monsters went to snap at the bear's leg. Roki reared up and loudly stomped his front two paws on the groups, letting out a loud roar. Flames shot in every which direction, blasting the monsters back at least for a little bit. A strong ring of fire formed around Roki and Riyota. It would give them some time to come up with a plan. "That won't hold them forever. I haven't faced anything like these things before."<i></i> Roki slashed again with one of his powerful paws as the monster attempted to jump through the flames. It seemed they would need to come up with a plan and quick.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was not long before the pack was upon the pair, surrounding them like a hunter with prey. "What the hell are these things?" Riyota asked no-one in particular as he took in brief glances of their odd and menacing visage. He jumped back as one snapped at him, tearing off a shred of his trouser leg in the process. Readying himself in a defensive stance the hand of his prosthetic would split in half and roll up the side of the arm, allowing a long thin blade to move through. On his real arm bone would start to protrude through the flesh, the other blade of the twins surging forth with a layer of bone as its holster. Riyota know stood, covering himself with his two black blades, pulsating with a red sheen, bound to his arms. One cast in metal, the other in bone. He parried away the jaw of another surging lizard to prevent himself getting chomped a second time.

A roar from behind him would signal Roki's readiness for battle, as once the mighty beasts paws slammed into the ground the two would become protected by a fiery ring. Although the bear would warn him it would not hold. Roki informed the young shinobi that they needed to formulate a plan before the creatures became brave enough to burst through as they were already proving to be. Riyota pondered for a moment, his mismatched blue/green eyes glancing back and forth furiously as he attempted to formulate a strategy. He glanced at his hand as he made small boney spikes appear through the flesh. Grinding his teeth, he looked over to the awaiting Roki and sighed, sheathing the blades back into his arms. "I know its a bit early in the friendship, but I have a plan, and it'll either be the greatest thing the world has ever witnessed. Or it'll get us both killed, you have to let me on your back." He suggested bluntly.

If the Bear accepted, however reluctantly, Riyota assured him he could withstand the heat of his flames. As quickly as he could he would hop atop the bear and attempt to enact the schematic he had concocted mere moments ago. "Dear family bloodline, if you're ever going to do anything to help me...let it be now!" He swiftly prayed, gently laying a hand on the back of Roki's neck he would send bone pouring out of his hand almost like a molten metal. It would spread over the bear's form covering the important parts of him with an armour stronger than most man-made creations. The bulk of the armour would cover enough and have hinges in the right spots so that movement was not restricted and Roki could still make full use of his claws, whilst the helmet would be formed almost like the top-half of a skull, leaving Roki's eyes uncovered and his powerful maw free to use. Once the armour was formed, Riyota would separate the bone, leaving a handle for him to hold on to.

Once completed he would stay atop the bear's back and use his bloodline once again, growing more bone out of his arms and spine he would assemble a large lance like weapon. "I saw a picture of this in a book once, except the guy was on a horse...and the horse wasn't on fire...and it was just another guy not weird lizard things." He rambled slightly. "Anyway, I'll use this to break the formation when you charge, after that they'll be scattered and we can pick them off together." He explained the rest of the rather haphazard plan to Roki. "We'll both just need to trust each other a little bit." He thought for a quick second. "There was another picture where the guy's horse got on its hind legs for a second and...made a cool noise before he shouted charge! So, if you want to do that...for morale or something, then, I won't judge." Riyota explained, acting rather unconvincingly like it wasn't the thing he wanted most in the world currently.

MFT

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The flaming bear watched in awe as Riyota seemed to split his skin and prepare himself defensively against the oncoming monsters. He had never seen a human that could manipulate its own skeletal structure in such a way. It took him a bit by surprise when Riyota explained to him that he was about to do something that was a bit uncertain as to whether it would success epically or fail miserably. The bear felt Riyota leap upon his fiery back, the scorching flames flickered around him as he did so, making room for the additional presence. It appeared that Roki's fire only harmed those whom he did not allow to come into contact. In this regard, Riyota was safe. Roki would feel the hand of this human touch his fur ever so slightly before the sensation of something plate like in nature started to cover his exterior. He felt as though he was being covered in an extra durable layer of skin, the fire spreading out from under the casing. The bear hummed in pleasure as the armor finished it's creation. "I'm impressed! Have to say I like this new style."<i></i> Listening once more to Riyota explain something that sounded a bit outlandish. People on horses seemed so far from what Roki had come across in his life that he had to admit that he was much cooler than horse. "Alright, I like your plan. Let's show these snap maws who is the boss around here!"<i></i> Roki, waiting for Riyota to have a grip on the hold that he had created for himself would rear up, flailing his claws in a menacing manner. He decided that yes, he would indulge the boy.

The bear took off in a quick bolt. As one could surmise, it was not with the grace of a white steed and Riyota would probably find that a galloping bear that runs with an almost flop like mannerisms was probably not smooth, but it looked badass and that was all that mattered. Roki roared with the ferocity of a thousand suns exploding at once, flame pouring from his great maw as he did so. Roki charged head first through the ring of fire, sending a shockwave of fire from the gap that had been blasted through. The pack of monsters hissed and spat at them as they did so, ungodly shrieks ripping from them. Roki's head crashed into one of them stunning it momentarily. Should Riyota, with his lance like spear take the opportunity to stab one of the creatures, they might get lucky and manage to do some serious damage.

Having charged through the pack, Roki moved a fair distance away from them. It seemed the fire and momentary attack had disorganized the group, even if only briefly. However, they quickly righted themselves, and it seemed there was more about them than just claws and sharp teeth. They started spitting a green substance from their mouths, it splashing down onto the sand with a sickening sizzle. A few splashes hit the armor that was atop of Roki. The green liquid started devouring the bone, leaving a small corroded hole within the armor. Roki stepped back a few more paces. "Acid."<i></i> The bear looked up at Roki. "I may just be a bear but I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. I can create a diversion if it gives you an opening. What do you think?"<i></i> Roki awaited Riyota's orders. Time would be sort through, as the creatures prepared to strike as a unit.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'If I die now, I will die the happiest man alive!' Riyota thought to himself, closing his eyes for a moment to just enjoy the situation he now found himself in. After he had enjoyed it and the bear's paws slammed the ground he would brace and ready the lance by his side as he bounced slightly in time with Roki's large bounds. 'Note to self, if this happens again, bring a saddle.' He made a mental note, readjusting his position to more of a squat upon Roki's back to avoid further damage to his...Male Physique...

The bear had done as promised, he had burst them a gap in the monster's formation allowing Riyota to thrust the lance forward in an attack towards the unfortunate victim of Roki's breakthrough, hopefully killing or at least incapacitating the creature in the process. As they spun back around they would see the creatures already regrouping this would swiftly be followed by the hacking up large globs of green fluid which, on contact with the armour, started searing throughout. Roki came to the same conclusion as Riyota and simultaneously they both confirmed "Acid..." Riyota reabsorbed the lance into his arm and placed his other hand on the armour, using more bone to repair the damaged areas.

It was then that Roki suggested a plan, in which he would cause a distraction so that Riyota could get in behind the creatures and disrupt them from within. "I've got perfect jutsu for the job." He affirmed to the bear as he flexed his fingers for a moment. "Whenever you're ready!" He said to him and as Roki began whatever method he would employ to distract the creatures Riyota would launch himself off his back hoping to land behind the group. Whilst the bear kept them occupied the man would set to work emplacing chakra mines, roughly 20 all in a close knit area. Explosive technique: Minefield. The next phase of his plan would then initiate. He would call to Roki to back up and once the bear had complied he would encircle them with a large fiery ring, jumping out himself just before it completed. As the creatures evaluated their new situation Riyota would begin closing the ring around them, corralling them towards the minefield. If any took their chances with the fire they would be brought down by either Riyota or Roki if they made it through.

MFT

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The shriek of one of the monster crumpling to the ground as Riyota thrust the lance forward was deepling unsettling. It flailed, writhing on the ground in pain, it's blood appearing to pour into the sand, boiling it like a smoldering black tar. It thrashed for a few more minutes before it became still, one final agonizing screech being pulled from it's teeth filled maw. It appeared to be dead. Roki roared with glee. "Would you look at that? Good job! Let's do it to the rest!"

As Riyota gave confirmation that the plan was ready to go, the Bear charged at the group, slamming his whole body into them as Riyota launched off his back to behind them. The bear rolled like a giant bolder, his hard armor smashing into them and scorching them as the flame burst from his body. The bear caused a chaotic scene roaring and standing tall on his hind legs. He kicked up send at the monsters causing more screeches to be drawn from the creatures. "You picked the wrong bear to mess with, ya ugly looking worms. I eat shrimp like you for breakfast." The creatures seemed to fixate on Roki as planned, giving Riyota time to plant the mines.

Roki waited for the signal, as soon as he knew he was in the clear, he gave one final wave of flame, forcing the monsters back from him and quickly ran backwards. The next second, Riyota came bursting towards him, the fire ring encasing the monsters within. They became confused and angry, continuing to spit acid. The mines started going off around them, black tar flying every which direction, coating the sand in the sticky substance. It burned the remainder of the monsters to a fizzling blob. Roki stood up on his hind legs, patting Riyota on the back. "You did it! We did amazing, kid!" However, their joy was to be short lived. As the fire from the ring died down, the goo started bubbling, making a sickening gurgling and popping noise. Roki's eyes widened. "No, that's not possible. Those haven't existed since the time of my ancestors." From the goo, 10 smaller copies of the monsters they had just killed sprouted. For every 1 monster that had just died, double stood in it's place. Small screeching heads popping out, clawing their way from the tar, regenerating. It was like a phoenix rising from the ashes, only less pretty and far more deadly. Roki looked at Riyota. "I think killing them is going to be a lot harder than we thought." They had little time to determine a game plan. For every second they spent thinking how to kill them, the very real threat of 10 tiny monsters were being born. Soon they would turn on them. Brute force and jutsu alone would not get them out of this, they need to think creatively, do something no one had ever thought of. Follow their carnal instinct, something so basic, that surely it would put an end to this threat.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would seem whatever cruel god was determining the outcome of this particular scenario did not want to see any sort of pact formed between these two, at least not so easily. This was painfully obvious as the once defeated monstrosities began to bubble and reform into smaller yet more numerous forms of themselves. Riyota barely had enough time to wipe away the sweat before the threat was very real again. "For the love of...Once, just...once, Can't something just go to plan the first time." He sighed quietly to himself, the reality of the fact being that killing these things was not going to yield any sort of helpful result. It would just mean they would progress from fighting horse sized ducks to duck sized horses. Whilst either one of those situations would be fine normally, it wasn't as fun when it just wound up producing more duck sized horses every time you won.

The young man wracked his brain for a solution, they couldn't just run, these things would catch up to them far too quickly. They need to make sure they could escape. They needed to...

"Roki! We need to immobilise them!" He informed the bear as the creatures began to regroup. "I need you to try and keep them occupied, but make sure they stay together!" He was barking orders without much authority but in this situation he was hoping the bear was willing to follow, he could apologise later. Following this Riyota would attempt to make his way behind the monsters again. Hoping the large armoured bear was enough of a target for the time being. It all relied on Roki's ability to occupy them.

If all went to plan the shinobi would gently plant his hands on the sand and focus his energies into softening it, making it almost like a watery goop, a goopy whirlpool. Antlion Sinkhole The ground in front of him would begin to soften into quicksand and begin drawing everything nearby into its centre. Once it was thoroughly prepared Riyota would warn his companion to step back in time for him to not be caught.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The inky ooze creatures let loose a sharp screech before advancing towards their targets, the flaming bear got into an aggressive stance before when Riyota came up with the idea for him to get them all in one place. “Hope you know what you're doing kid.” Roki said before forming into a huge flaming lava rock to charge at the creatures, rolling some over in the process before reforming back into his normal form standing tall. He figured that the best way to get their attention focused on him, would be to act as a huge threat towards them since most creatures do tend to focus on the person doing the most damage. Its natural instinct, and Roki knew exactly what to do to get these things attention. It took in a deep then let out a loud roar which sent out a terrifying wave of chakra throughout the battlefield. A threatening roar that caused the creatures to feel a bit frightened by the flaming bear, thus all their attention was drawn to Roki and the 10 inky creatures went after the flaming bear. Their mouths hissed with green acidic liquid, preparing to melt the bear down. It was a perfect diversion for what the kid had in store….

While they seemingly all had their attention focused on the flaming bear, Riyota planted his hands on the ground to soften the ground…. manipulating it into a swirling quick sand like sinkhole to swallow up the inky creatures. Roki had to fling himself backwards before landing safely out of the way of the deadly sinkhole which made them easy targets once they reached the center. “Good work getting them all together! Now watch this!” He stomped twice, taking a huge mighty breath, his mouth began to glow a bright reddish orange color before blowing out a huge beam of flames! The flaming chakra then transformed into a huge oriental-style dragon created entirely of flames, who went into to swirling vortex to roast those sorry critters, fueled entirely on the breath of the flaming bear he kept on blasting the center of the sinkhole until he ran out of breath. The sinkhole going up in a huge ball of fire, clearly nothing would survive that blast! With a wonderful combo, Roki believed that they finally put those things down for good!

Fwoosh!!!!!!!

After the vortex. Was done, the area where the sinkhole was was now a bubbling crater filled with hot lavas since the clash of two affinities caused the nature of the justu to change. Now with the creatures reduced to nothing, Roki believed it was time to celebrate now! “Well looks like we did it! HA-HA-HA!!”

[Sorry about the lack of activity, would've gotten to it sooner but had to fix my build stuff >>'']
[And on the behalf of the C-Team sorry about the other mod disappearing on ya. Let's keep this going!]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota fell on to his backside and looked on with one hand on his knee as the creatures bubbled and melted away. Hopefully for the last time. The bear would begin celebrating and give out a hearty laugh which made Riyota smile as he looked once more at the flaming beast. "Yeah, looks like we did." Riyota agreed. "I have no idea what those things were, but I hope I never have to see them again." The shinobi chuckled. He looked to Roki once more. "Thank you for your help, I'm not quite sure what I would've done if you hadn't happened upon me when you did. Strange how life works out sometimes."

With those last words he would stand and do a final check of the sinkhole to ensure the creatures were still thoroughly cooked. One he was satisfied he would turn and begin walking away, hopefully before the smell began to set in. He walked past the bear and stopped for a moment, taking in the sight of the strange ursine once again. "You are definitely have the most interesting coat I have seen in my life. It is regrettable that we must part ways here." He remarked with a sad smile.

Out of instinct, or perhaps out of deep-seated want to do so, Riyota reached out and gently rubbed the snout of the bear. Unfazed by the likely searing heat of its form. His fire affinity would protect him from the worst of the heat. "Until we meet again Roki!" Riyota nodded in respect and began to walk away, unsure if he would even see his new friend ever again.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The flaming bear let a triumphant laugh bellow from his throat, then looked over at Riyota. “Yeah, I don't know what those things were neither, but looks to me that they are as good as dead!” Roki laughed however he did make a good point, what were those things? They would've been pretty hard for them to kill if they hadn't combined their strengths in order to ensure their victory. They would've especially would've been hard for him since they multiplied every time you killed them, one of them was hard to handle but handling a bunch of them at once and he knew he would've been melted down into nothing. “Nah, thank you. You were the one who made it so much easier for me to blasting those things to hell.”

With that he looked over at the sinkhole, Roki was getting worried that those things had came back but the bubbling lava pool didn't seem to have anything crawling out of it. “Ahh… they won't be coming back. If they do we will be more than ready for them.” He sounded pretty confident, and then the boy began to walk away saying that they had to part ways. Riyota petted his snout, shocked that he didn't recoil after touching him since his coat was hot… very hot. The boy nodded, then began to walked away again and Roki couldn't help himself but call out to him. “Now hold on.” He said, turning into a huge lava rock boulder to roll over to Riyota’s side before standing against, walking by the boy's side. “Leaving so soon? You know that we could hang out more if we could make a pact.”

Proud as he maybe, he was starting to see the boy as worthy of a bear pact. He shown that he had a strong heart and he indeed had a strong mind to think of using a sinkhole to trap those creatures in. There had been bears all around looking for shinobi’s to make pacts with to show that they had more potential than they realize and Roki saw that this boy had that kind of potential. “Besides, if any creatures decided to show up, you'll need someone to have your back. What do ya say?” He asked, genuinely curious if the boy wanted to continue his adventure with him or simply walk away.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A pact? This was exactly what Riyota had been searching for! Strange how it didn't click until now that Roki was in fact a contract animal. A little too quickly Riyota spun back around to face the bear. "You'd be willing to make a pact with me?" He asked, confirming to see if he had heard the creature right. When the bear confirmed the shinobi got into a flustered state. "O-oh of course! I'd be honoured to enter into a contract!" He stammered, excited at the possible prospects. "I-I'm not exactly sure how this works precisely, I've never done this before." He admitted, waiting for Roki to take the lead in putting the contract together.

Riyota would give his consent to the terms put forwards and accept the contract in full. Excited to have formed such a bond with such a magnificent beast.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

“Great!” Roki’s eyes lit up at the boys response to saying that he would be more than happy to make a pact with him, it's a good thing that he brought it up when he did otherwise the boy would've probably went on somewhere. “Well it isn't hard to make a pact. Here follow me, there is a place we have to go first.” The flaming bear said, then it began to walk on all fours heading down a trail of some kind knowing that the boy wouldn't be far behind with him.leading the way. As the they traveled, it seemed that where they were going was going to be pretty far. A pack of sand wolves seemingly ran off into the distance upon seeing the huge flaming bear before them. About a couple miles into their journey Roki stopped, standing back on his hind legs again the proud bear looked at his trusted friend to tell him. “Alright here we are.” He said, but where they were didn't seem like anywhere special at first. Honestly it was just the shore to one of the beaches in Suna which was indeed beautiful but not where he would expect his flaming bear companion to want to show him. However, there was a island on the other side of the water… a mysterious island that wasn't there before or at least wasn't noticed.

Roki stepped forward, taking in a deep breath before letting a mighty roar rip through the ocean, causing the water to split making a trail to the island which was known as the homeland for the bear. Located on an island spanning far from the mainland the Den of the Old Grizzled Sage lies not too far. The island is generally very obscure, only to be found by those with the most adventurous hearts which the boy had already shown to have. If a sailor or bandit or any seafaring race lands on the island. They quickly note that the only thing of interest is a giant bear's den. No one who goes in has ever come out (from what the legions say) for located inside of the den is an unusually large bear by the name of Sentetsu. One of the strongest, the biggest, and most brave bears to walk the land in eons. His body protected from hunters by an ever present healing chakra in the cave. However, this initial den is just a farce for what lies underneath. Where the true den rests.

The Grizzled Sage was said to be the first man to make a contract with the bears. A very wise man that chose to live his life in solitude with his friends and discover the heart of nature. The Sage was said to have lived for a few hundred years before passing and now in the middle of the den rests an elegant golden statue of the Sage to commemorate his wisdom and grace. The bears are a very proud and strong race. But they are also some of the wisest creatures to walk the land. Strong of heart and mind the bears dedicate their time to finding worthy shinobi with which to make pacts with. For the bears see that the race of man has much more potential than they realize, and with the bears help they will set forth a new precedent in this world…

The bear took a couple steps closer to the parted shore, gesturing his head to where the island was. “That's where we gotta go, hope you're ready to do some exploring kiddo.” he said, slapping the boy on the back before he snapped his head to look behind him… he scanned the area, it was almost like he sensed something. Animal's are known for having keen senses for murderous intent, and what he sensed didn't come from no creature that's for sure..
But he brushed it off the feeling. “Ahh its nothing common let's go, getting jumpy from them damn tar lizard things.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For a moment Riyota was confused as the bear had seemingly brought him to nowhere. Just another patch of sand next to a body of water. He cast his glance toward the still smouldering ursine, about to question what exactly was so special about the area they now found themselves in. Before he could though he looked in the same direction the bear was focusing on and his eyes came to a small landmass in the distance.

The shinobi's new companion proceeded to let out an earth shattering roar that ruptured the water in front of them, leaving a path on which they could travel to reach the bear's home. Roki for his part seemed to still be a small bit paranoid of the notion that more of the endlessly spawning lizards could be on their heels, "Don't worry, I know what you mean." He paused for a moment to give a quick scan of the area. "At least we know how to deal with them now." He reassured his friend as he confidently jumped down in between the two large masses of water.

Upon entering into the den there was nothing particularly grand about it. It appeared to be any old den that a normal bear could reside in. For a moment Riyota considered that maybe he had entered the wrong place but upon exiting realised that there was nothing else on the island. Scratching his chin he began examining the walls carefully. Peering into the darkness as much as he could with his inability to see in the dark.

It wouldn't be long before Roki would arrive as well and provide a light source for the man.

MFT

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Riyota’s words put the flaming bears mind at ease, so they went onto the path that he opened up for them. The water split down the middle made it a whole lot easier for Roki to simply walk without being damaged by the water. As they traveled, there were fishes that littered the path flopping around in puddles of water. Probably the one's that didn't make it to the other side when Roki moved the water to make a path to the island. Along the way their Roki saw this opportunity to catch one of the flopping fishes into his mouth, before swallowing it whole before continuing on his way to the den seeing that Riyota was getting way ahead of him. “Hey wait up!” He said before taking another fish into his mouth before running on all fours to catch up with the boy. Before long they were on the shore of the island, and once they were safety across the water, the part in the water went back down to prevent people from following them. There had been a great of many hunters that came here hence why this place is hidden. Times has changed from the old times where bears could usually come to guide in through a nearly impossible decision. Unfortunate how humans became so easily corrupted despite the bears having faith that man are truly special.

C6mnA20.jpg

At first, they saw nothing really. It seemed like a normal island for the most part they were pretty much traveling through a large jungle, Roki leading the way to take him to the place where he called home. They traveled for a pretty good while until they got to a clearing where his true home was…. A giant bears den stood before them. Over the den was what looked to be a giant bears head with horns, there were monuments and memorials on the outside of the den in honor of some of the bears that trusted humans only to be killed by hunters or even captured. There were also some of the names of the great bear sages, one in which was the great grizzled sage that was said to be the first person to make a pact with a bear. In honor of the bears trust that humanity can still be worthy. This den was named The Den of the Old Grizzled Sage. “Here we are. The Den of the Old Grizzled Sage. Nice place isn't it?” Roki said confidently. Beginning to move to the den to begin walking through a invisible barrier that began to give him back some of the chakra he lost during that battle with those tar lizards. Riyota probably haven't felt it yet but when he stepped closer to the den some of his chakra was given back to him too.

Now that they had finally arrived at the bears Den one thing that could be noted about it was that it was pitch black. You couldn't see anything in the den which made the atmosphere a bit eerie, but as Roki stepped into the bears den it he lighted at least some of the way there, scaring a lot of bats in the process of him entering the den. He looked back. “Oh right, can't see in the dark.” He said, the fire on the bear seemingly burned a bit brighter to light more the way. Bright enough to actually see the walls now. “Just stick with me and you'll be fine.” He said then journeyed deeper into the den hoping that the boy would follow him and not get lost. He was moving straight at first but then with the many twist and turns… the light behind them began to slowly fade away...

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota let out a small whistle of approval once he was finally able to appreciate the architecture of the den. "I'll say...this place is amazing!" He responded to Roki's comment about the place being nice. The Jonin would follow his flaming companion, for some reason feeling slightly more energised and alert once he walked through the entrance. Once he was in though he swiftly realised he couldn't see a thing. Something that Roki also realised shortly after. With his fur emitting a much brighter light Riyota was able to take in his nearby surroundings before the Bear began moving on. The shinobi was distracted with looking around until he noticed his light source growing dimmer and dimmer. With a start he quickly ran to catch up to Roki as he padded his way down the tunnels of the den.

Riyota did not know what awaited him further down as the bear led him through many twists and turns, all he knew was he was excited to find out.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Yeah it is nice isn't it? If you like this wait till you see where the rest of the place.” Roki said as they journeyed deeper into the den almost forgetting to mention something that was important to the summoner. “Oh, before it slips my mind be careful where you step, you know how humans got alarms to alert you when there is an intruder afoot? Same thing here, only we kinda set up a couple traps to keep hunters out.” He said, lifting his foot high to step over a obvious ninja wire trap that would've caught someone who was probably traveling around in the dark or simply wasn't paying attention. “You don't know how many lunatics who would waltz themselves in here to try to slay a giant bear. Probably trying to prove themselves, so we usually knock em out then send them back in one piece if they are the decent sort who were looking to make a name for themselves. But there are occasions where there are not so decent hunters come in here, hence the traps.” he explained.

While the bears are usually kind and believe in the human race there were some who were simply bad. There had been people to come who seemed worthy of a pact only to end up attacking their overlord which was a big no-no in a lot of worlds to not attack the leader, especially if you wanted a contract with them. Going deeper into the den, they came upon what looked to be a stone bridge with bear footprints and human footprints leading from one end of the bridge to the other. The footprints were at a good distance besides being side by side by each other. Roki stepping on one of the bear prints which began to sink down then glow a red color before looking at his human companion. “Alright step on the human shaped footprint and make sure you don't go off the human path otherwise this whole bridge would crumble down below.” If the summoner were to look down, it was a long way down and unless they grew wings they would probably meet a terrible end from the sharp rocks that was down below the bridge. “Make sure you don't get off the footprint until I get across, most of the explosive traps are on the human side~ soooooo watch your step.” taking another very slow step he placed his foot on another footprint... then waited on the summoner... Then began to take another step... Slowly making his way to the other side.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back