Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

I need some help [Open]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I walked slowly through the aisles of books, running my finger along the spines of the books on the shelf level with my shoulder. I was humming a child's nursery rhyme as I searched for a book that could help me. I felt detached from the rest of the world, and it didn't help that I kept myself locked up in the Faita Mansion for past couple of weeks. Father tried to nudge me to go outside, and Uncle Jin translated his gestures to me, but I didn't feel like I belonged with the rest of the world anymore, I hoped that I would get over this funk but it never passed. Finally I managed to push myself here to be along with the books.
It was quiet and I liked it, the only sound was the faint echo of my humming. The key on my back didn't have anything to make unsatisfactory facial expressions about so his calm, completely serene face gave me goose bumps. I couldn't remember the last time it looked like that. I stopped at a book and was going to pull it out but when my finger touched at the tip of the spine I felt it burn my finger. I can still remember the feeling of my heart skipping a beat at the surprise. I momentarily paused my humming, but after that moment I returned to my humming and hesitantly pulled out the book to the right of that one. It was a book on how to socialize.
I may have a slight dissociative identity issue, and anti-social behavior, but I didn't want to be that way. I wanted to have more friends that weren't family, people that I could play with. I was afraid of the key in my head unlocking the darkness, but I couldn't waste my life away. I was already 9-year-olds but I still hadn't had much of a childhood. I was a Jounin because I spent the majority of my years training, and the fact that I had the body of someone twice my age. Anyone who wasn't family may believe I was simply an 18-year-old kunoichi with subpar skill for someone of that age. I liked to think I was an adult, but that wasn't only to make believe so I wouldn't go crazy.

I sat down at a table and opened the book. I placed the large key from my back underneath it on the table to angle the book. The key was still attached to my back but a thick chain ran from the top of the Key's neck to attach to me. It was questionable, even to me, whether I was actually trying to read the book or just staring at it. I kept humming as no one had come to stop me yet, and I stared blankly at the page as if I wouldn't let myself read it…
[WC:484|MFT]

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first men and the One King brought life into the empty and inhabitable desert. They battled the eleme....hmm, hmm, hmm. They battled the...hmm, hmm, hmm.

Glancing up from his book, he would immediately locate the source of the infernal humming that kept breaking his concentration and interrupting his train of thought. It appeared to be coming from the young woman with the reddish hair sitting at the table just in front of him; he would spy at her with an evil glare of annoyance, mentally yelling obscenities at her from his quiet spot in the back. Monitoring her behavior, with his eyes still barely peeking above the history textbook he had been going over, he observed the way she just sat there casually flipping through the pages. It was obvious she wasn't even paying attention to what she was supposedly reading. Frowning to himself, he couldn't believe how rude she was. Everyone knew you were supposed to be quiet in the library, everyone understood that rule, it was practically the only one the library had!

Standing up, he would move with graceful purpose, gliding past the other unoccupied tables and seats, until he reached hers. Sitting down uninvited, he would forcefully slide his book across the table in her direction; it spun around in circles across the slick table top, coming to a halt as it bumped into her own book, nudging it slightly to the side away from her.

"I'm sorry, but I have been having the hardest time concentrating for some reason. And seeing as you are only glancing at your book....I was wondering if I might trouble you for a favor? Could you read to me for awhile? He would shoot her an innocent, yet sarcastic smile; a very, very snarky look, indeed. Unaware that the woman before him was actually only a nine year old girl, he most likely would have handled this situation differently, had he been privy to this highly important tidbit of information - but alas, he was not, so he would just continue to be rude as if he was still in the right.

Waiting for the girl's response, his fingers would rap on the table impatiently, one after the other. It was obvious Asagao was in a bit of a foul mood. Might that change?

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I was so focused on my own thoughts, while staring at the book in front of me, that I didn't notice the man walking up to my table. I didn't notice it, but my key did. The approach of another person, let alone a stranger, made his face turn cold. Of course I was knocked out of my trance when his book slide across the table and hit my own, causing it to slide from its position on my key and onto the table. I was taken aback, especially by the sudden loud noise in such a quiet atmosphere (other than my humming of course). I stared at the book he slid to me for a second while he spoke. I looked up at him after that and remarked internally about his facial expressions before answering him.

"If I was just glancing at the book, what makes you think I even know how to read?" I returned his sarcasm with more sarcasm. Of course, being only nine meant I didn't have the same reading capabilities of someone the age I looked so it was more like half-sarcastic. "Why can't you read it yourself? Or maybe you actually can't read… Hmmm…" I knew that the way I was acting wasn't socially appropriate, but I couldn't help myself. I wanted to make new friends but I wasn't a very friendly person, what with being socially awkward growing up and then spending most of my free time as a Chuunin training to be the leader of the Tadashii down in the Chika Bonsatu.

"Besides, I have better things to do…" I picked up the book and placed it back in its original position up against my key. "…Like pretending to read this book." I let out a sigh and placed the side of my face opposite the stranger in my hand, drooping down to where my hair ran in-between my fingers. It was a look of frustration as I realized that I had just been sitting there staring at the book without so much as an attempt to get any information from it, information that I could have possibly used to make a new friend. I guess the question for me in that moment was a matter of whether I wanted that man as a friend (or if he would want me as a friend if he knew the truth about me).
[WC:399]

By the by, the large key on the table is attached to Neno's back and has a large face on it. I'll note when it makes a noteworthy expression change

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A sharp smile would twist the corner of his mouth. The girl had set him up perfectly for a quick reply, and he was ready to pounce, like a playful cat toying with a tiny mouse it had just caught. "Well, if you can't read then what are you doing here?" He would shoot back, all too proud of himself; though the feelings of superiority would be short lived. Now on the defense, he would deploy defensive tactics attempting to protect himself from her verbal shots and accusations. "Of...of course I know how to read! I was just distracted, that's all!" His eyes narrowed in on the girl, before she abruptly turned away from him effectively ending the dispute, cutting him off.

Slumping back in his seat, he stared at the sullen girl with curious, yet angry eyes. Had he just won...or lost? He questioned himself, unsure exactly what had just taken place. He hadn't expected this girl - who appeared so out of place in the library - to fight back. He had anticipated her cowering down in the face of a person so who was obviously so much older than she. But she had not. In fact she had made him feel like an utter fool. Redirecting his eyes, out of spite, he did not want to look at her any longer; though the guilt from his rude behavior was now starting to pain his heart a bit, he was beginning to feel bad. Turning back, he was about to apologize, when he would suddenly take notice of the most unusual item sitting next to her on the table.

"Wha...what is that?" He would mumble under his breath. Reaching across the table, he would attempt to pick it up. It looked like a key of some sorts - and was that a face? More curious than ever, he would lean out of his seat stretching his body as he sought to retrieve the peculiar item and get a better look at it.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I was planning on ignoring him after I turned away. That was what I always did with strangers; it was why I didn't have many friends. Well, besides family I didn't have any friends at the time. He started a battle that he wasn't properly prepared for and that made me not want to fight with him anymore. I'd rather stare at the book in front of me, trying to dodge getting over my problems with being socially inept (while being socially inept). However, he did something that he shouldn't have done. Being so antisocial, I didn't enjoy being touched, and the key had become a part of me when it was infused to my spine. He saw, out of the corner of my eye, his hand reaching for the key and I sprang from my seat.

The book when flying off the table as the large key was violently pulled from the table's surface. The chain connecting us clanked as I turned around and grabbed it to pull him closer to me. I held his face with one hand, my face pressed gently to his side, and my other hand clutched the shaft as I held him firmly against my body. His face was furious, the angriest anyone was likely to see from him. Perhaps it was the light, but his eyes even seemed to be turning red, like he had veins in his eyes. I knew that couldn't have been right, I knew he was just a key and couldn't have a vascular system. I ignored it and brought my attention back to the stranger, all of this happening in the span of only a second (maybe two).

"Don't touch me," I would shout as my eyes moved about trying to avoid contact with his. I was breathing heavily because my heart was beating a million miles a minute. I could feel the anger fueling me. Looking back on it I guess it was odd that a Shinobi would react in such a way to being touched, but I was no ordinary Shinobi. I may have over reacted as well, but the key didn't like to be touched either and I didn't like it when he was angry (which was often). I was trembling, and I had so much to say but I chocked on my words. I was sure he would find me freaky and leave me shortly. I just had to strange completely still. Suddenly I stopped choking and my words started to flow out in almost unintelligible babble.

"I don't like to be touched and my key is a part of me so I don't like others to touch him and if you touch him I'll get angry and he'll get angry and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry because I can't control myself when I'm angry so I'll do things I didn't mean to do and that's why I don't like to be around people……… Well mostly why I don't like to be around people, my real reason involves me growing up without any friends and my strange upbringing over the past nine years because you'd be surprised what can happen in nine years, especially in a world of shinobis and I… I… Um…" I let out a moan and sunk down, sliding down the shaft of my key until I was sulking on the floor.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Almost tipping out of his seat, the sudden outburst from the woman practically threw Asagao onto the floor. He hadn't been properly prepared for this type of reaction, so he just sat their slack-jawed and speechless. He couldn't believe his eyes, when the young girl jumped back and the chain whipped into motion, following her in tow. The two of them were connected to each other!

The sudden realization of this gave the ex-assassin pause. He had never seen anything remotely close to this, the chain had been attached to her somehow; who would do such a thing? Getting out of his seat, he would stand completely still, as the emotions poured from her, spilling all over the ground. He was at a total loss of words - he had absolutely no defense for his actions, other than that he had no clue the bizarre looking key had been apart of her; but was that really an excuse? He shouldn't have been reaching out to touch her property to begin with...what the hell had he been thinking?!?

His heart strings would tug violently, as he watched the young stranger crumple to the floor in sadness. He had upset her greatly, and by judging her appearance and reaction to him touching her, this girl had most likely lived a life full of tremendous heartache and pain. Walking over to her, he would reach out to her, before pausing his hand in mid-air and pulling it back. He could not console this girl with any kind of physical comfort, he would need to dial it down a bit and only speak with her. Sinking to his knees, he would lower himself to the floor, just as she had done before him. As usual his posture was perfect, his back was flat, his head raised with his chin up, and his knees were folded perfectly with his hands resting upon them. As he stared at her, all he could see was a small broken child. She no longer appeared to him as an adult, only as a lost little girl who had suffered a traumatic life of loneliness. Kicking himself, he had treated this person horribly from the beginning - this was all his fault. His behavior had been so out of character, that he wasn't even able to fully match wits with her, as she put him in his place almost immediately. Taking full responsibility for his poor display of manners and actions, there was only one thing left he could do. Clasping his hands together, forming one giant fist, he would bow his head to her, until his forehead gently kissed the ground below, and apologized.

"Please, forgive me." He would plead, his words unquestionably sincere. "I did not know what I was doing. My actions were foolish and inexcusable." The raw emotion was pouring out of him, just as it had done from her moments ago. He would lift his head and take a single moment to stare into the eyes of this battered girl, before clasping his hands together once more and bowing his head again. "I beg you to forgive me." He would repeat his pleading request, hoping his words would somehow reach her and that she would believe the genuine honesty for which he spoke them.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I stared at the floor in front of me, hoping he would just go away after my sudden outburst. Instead he did the opposite, he came closer. I was legitimately surprised. Still I dared not look at him, ashamed of my own reaction. I realized after the fact that he was just curious, and he didn't know the situation I was in. It wasn't his fault, but he also provoked the darkness by being rude to me. But he surprised me more when he kissed the floor and apologized. It was as if he had suddenly changed into another person, or maybe he was just bipolar. Perhaps though, he was just pitying me.
"I-I accept." I looked at him and then back at the ground. I used the key to help me stand back up, taking a quick note of his face. He wasn't angry anymore, but he was still a bit frustrated. If he had a heart his blood pressure would have been terrible, he got angry so easily. I was surprised he didn't unleash the darkness for his own gain, but then again he was attached to me to control the darkness (not unleash it). For all I knew it was possible that he couldn't even do it. Whatever the case, I let go of him and the chain shortened to tighten him to my back. His face peered over my shoulder like it always did when he was set against my back.
"My name is… Nenogami…" I rubbed the back of my head, unsure of what was going to happen. "As you can tell, I'm not exactly socially inclined. That's why I'm here, trying to read up on how to increase me social skills… Or rather, how to develop any in the first place." Perhaps he and I could become friends; we could have just gotten off to a bad start. The problem was that he was obviously much older than me, but as long as I didn't tell him I wasn't actually the age I looked he probably wouldn't find out.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Surprised she had accepted his apology so quickly, Asagao remained on the floor, speechless. He had been unprepared for such a favorable reaction; he had not anticipated this one bit. He had expected her yell at him, to tell him to leave her alone, to piss off. He WAS after all only a stranger to her, someone of no actual importance to her life at all; and worst of all he had made such a horrible first impression, he would not have blamed her one bit for any anger she directed towards him. Staring at her with despairing eyes, what this girl must have experienced in her past to be able to recover so quickly after such an extreme, emotional meltdown left the ex-assassin somewhat wary of what he might uncover if he continued to get to know her personally.

Finally standing up, he would lightly dust himself off, before attending to the mild wrinkles that had somehow worked their way in to his outfit. Setting aside his annoyance for his crumbled clothing, he would bow his head in response to her friendly introduction. "It is very nice to meet you, Nenogami. I am called Asagao." He would smile politely, before walking back over to the table, all the while listening to her talk in silence.

Pulling out her chair, the one she had been previously occupying - with his right hand - he would gesture for her to return to her seat. "Socializing is not something you can learn from any book," He would chuckle at the notion. "It is something one must master through a great deal of experience." Again, he would motion with his hand for her to sit, so they could speak. Retaking his own seat, he would remain focused on her duel-colored eyes; they were different shades, but very reminiscent of his own. He was trying his hardest to ignore the large key on her back...but couldn't.

What was that thing?...Who put it there?...What was it for? So many questions occupied his mind, it was making it difficult for him to concentrate on anything else. it was by far one the oddest things he had ever encountered in his life.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself." He would relax his shoulders a bit, while maintaining his perfect posture. "What is something you enjoy?" The question came out of hope that the girl actually DID in fact enjoy something period. By her appearance and her mood, it wouldn't be that surprising if she had no hobbies at all. Hopefully this casual conversation would help break down that barrier which was currently guarding her heart, and help her open up some.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I watched as he adjusted himself. I examined his appearance, his height, and his eyes. As I noticed it I put a hand near my left eye and my mouth opened slightly. He was the first person I had ever met with eyes like mine. Though differently colored, it meant nothing. I suddenly felt like there was a connection even if very minute. I guess I was weird like that, finding connections to other people threw similarities in abnormalities. Or maybe that was normal. Maybe the key to being normal was finding similarities in others so it wasn’t as hard for me to talk to them and make friends. Maybe younger friends more my age, but this was a good start.

He introduced himself and I mentally repeated his name a few times in an attempt to memorize it. He explained that books wouldn't help me when it came to socializing, and I suppose he was right. It was my best option at the time, though. I was trying to help myself, without having to burden anyone such as Uncle Iori with my problems. Sure he wanted to help, and I didn't force him to make an attempt, but I was never one to get help from others. I was a loner, ever since my childhood. I guess calling myself a "loner" was in itself a cry for help.

"Tell you about myself?" I was curious as to why he was curious about me. I took a deep breath and positioned myself on the chair sideways giving the key on my back room so I would be comfortable without removing him. " I am Nenogami, born from the blood of the Faita clan and the Yamazaki clan. I am the current leader of the Tadashii, taking over for my uncle who took over for my father when he was turned into a wolf shortly after my birth. There's not much else to tell… I was born, I joined the academy, and now I'm a Jounin." I shrugged and looked away, putting my elbow on the table to support my head as I avoided eye contact.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening intently as Neno spoke, everything was beginning to make sense now, the puzzle pieces were coming together nicely. Her story did not lack for much when it came to unusual circumstances, the fact that she had turned out as normal as she did might actually be considered a blessing, considering everything she had just told him. Rubbing his chin, he had absolutely no words of advice to give her, nor would he be able to console her. Staring blankly at the child, Asagao was lost.

"Yo..your father was turned into a wolf?" He questioned her, his mouth hanging open agape. Scratching the top of his head, he racked his brain for some wise piece of knowledge he would be able to offer her - but nothing came to him. He thought deeply about a past experience he may be able to draw from, that might give her comfort - but was left with nothing. His heart ached for this girl, he would need to think of something quickly. "Well..well, you still never told me what you like to do." The words fell from his mouth slowly, as if he was unsure of what he was saying. "You...must have a hobby, or something you enjoy, right?" His eyebrows arched in a curious fashion, bridging the gap between them, becoming one large brow. Looking at her emotionless face, it was doubtful the girl had ever experienced any sort of happiness at all. It seemed like a long shot, that she would have any interests outside of her work. She said she was a Jounin...so maybe she enjoyed training? But that wasn't really a hobby - more of a part of the job, as one always needed to stay sharp and hone their skills.

"There has to be....something??" He would ask, his head cocking to the side, while smiling, attempting to lighten the mood a bit.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
"Yes, he was turned into a wolf. It's a… long story." It wasn't something I felt like getting into with someone I just met. Though, I found it strange that he seemed to be so interested in me despite having just met me. It seemed like he was trying to make me interact with him, or rather with another person. It was as if he was trying to help me. I found it very strange. I couldn't understand why he was so interested in me, but I knew I was definitely interested in him. It was his eyes, they were just like mine. They were different but the same. They made me feel normal, even it was a very minute case.

"I do not have hobbies, per se. I only train and do work for the Tadashii…" It was a lie; I did have one hobby (if you could call it a hobby). I liked to play, but that was all I ever did besides my shinobi and Tadashii duties. I couldn't tell him that, though. He would think I was weird, and I'd have to tell him that I was only nine and then he wouldn't want to talk to me anymore and I'd be all alone again. I started breathing harder and harder just from thinking about it. I rubbed the back of my head really hard. I was becoming nervous again, not sure of what to do or say.

"Mmmmm, I also like to p-p… P…" I started to say it but then I stopped myself. "I go to the gates very often, almost every other day. Sometimes I'll go every day for weeks. I like to sit and wait for my mother. If she comes back I want to be there when she does. I don't know what she looks like, but I'll know it's her when I see her…" I looked at the ground and thought about my mom. I began to calm down slightly, thinking about the day that I would finally meet her. I knew I would, too. I could feel in my heart that she would come back one day.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Not wanting to drop the subject of her father being turned into a wolf, he would have to bite down on his tongue and force himself to let it go. It was an interesting topic of conversation, something he would have really enjoyed learning about and discussing. He had never heard of someone being changed into an animal before; how rare must that be? Very, right? But of course he could see how it might be a touchy issue...it being her dad and all, so he would reluctantly do the right thing and drop it altogether.

Perking up a bit, his attention was regathered and refocused the moment Neno announced she actually had some hobbies. He couldn't believe it, what a glorious surprise! He did have an awful hard time picturing her doing anything fun though, which made it somewhat hard to believe she was actually telling the truth; but one should never judge someone by their appearance alone...that was a serious rule to live by! So brushing aside his skepticism he would see what she had to say.

"Great!" He exclaimed, with an appropriate amount of enthusiasm - he hoped. "What is it??" He questioned, chomping at the bit, seriously dying inside to hear the answer. Mouthing along with her, as the P..P..P sound kept stumbling out of her mouth, Asagao was now leaning forward in his seat, his eyes wide and his mouth softly whispering P words. "P..p..partying? P..p..painting? P..p..puzzles?" He couldn't help but become completely fascinated by what it could be and what it was she enjoyed doing.

As if a dagger had been plunged into his heart, he sat back in his chair, now visibly upset for the girl. "I am so sorry, Nenogami." His words were once again sincere, just as they had been earlier during his apology. Asagao knew exactly what it felt like to lose parents; though he never hoped his would come back - but still - he could totally relate.

"It is settled then!!" He would shout, from out of nowhere, while slamming his hand down on the table. Glares of anger and annoyance would be directed at him from behind books and rows of shelves, as the other library attendants became furious over the loud commotion. "If you will allow me, I will teach you to play the Shakuhachi. It is a musical instrument, a flute." He would nod, a smile on his face stretching from ear to ear. "We can practice everyday, at the gates, while you wait for your mother's safe return." Despite how confident he was behaving, he was incredibly nervous she was going to say no. But how could she, this was the perfect opportunity for both of them! She needed to learn how to socialize, and was in desperate need of a hobby, something that would occupy her troubled mind. And he would finally be able to see if he was even capable of teaching someone how to play the wind flute. It was a win-win situation, indeed. Right?

ooc: Feel free to say no. There is no actual pressure, k? =)

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I could tell that he was interested in my father's story, but that was a story that involved my place in the Tadashii and my apparent "destiny". I didn't feel the need to get into that with him just yet and I was sure he'd understand if he knew the reason. He didn't pester me about it so I let it go, and instead noticed his sympathy with me. It seemed that he understood, perhaps he had a similar situation or his parents were gone forever. It wasn't abnormal for a shinobi's parents to both be alive, in fact I'd say it was very rare. If anything that made me more abnormal, in my eyes at least. I wouldn't tell him that, though. Maybe I would tell Iori when I saw him next.

"Sha-ku… Hachi…" I mumbled, a confused expression coming to my face even after he explained what it was. I was surprised that he wanted to do that for me. It was a nice gesture, but it made me wonder why he was being so nice to me. Did he like me perhaps? In a more than friendly way? The very thought of it made me nervous. Part of my mind was opposed to it, being that of a nine-year-old child, but the other part was intrigued having never been able to get close to anyone before. I thought maybe...

"Yes." I blurted out, without any real thought on it. "I-I would like that…" I could feel it at the corners of my mouth. It was faint but his smile was making me smile. I hadn't smiled in front of someone who wasn't family in a long time. I wondered if this was what it was like to have friends, but then I remember I had just met him. I needed more time with him before I could think of him as a friend, for all I knew he could be using me. My very faint smile dropped from my face but the feeling remained. I would know if it was true or not if he actually came through.

"What do you like to do, Asagao? Besides play the flute, if there is something else."

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His heart sang out with triumphant success; it's rhythmic beat pounding with a mixture of pride and excitement, as Nenogami agreed to the music lessons. His overwhelming happiness could hardly be contained, he had never in a million years expected her to accept his offer, and with such little hesitation at that - this was a fantastic moment, indeed! Her soft, subtle smile would immediately capture his attention and draw in his gaze. The way her lips curved upward causing her cheeks to scrunch up around her eyes, made him see her in a completely new light. Even though her grin was faint, the delicate expression was a far cry from the sullen girl he had met only moments ago, and he was delighted to see this entirely new side of her, even if it was only for a brief moment of time.

"I enjoy a great many of things." He said, unable to wipe the not so subtle grin off of his own face, before eventually breaking eye contact with her, and fixing his gaze up towards the Library ceiling; a dreamy gloss glazing over his eyes, as he became utterly lost in thought. "Painting..." The word drifted out of his mouth, as if it were riding a soft summer wind; he obviously had a deep love and appreciation for the art. "It is one of my very favorite hobbies...perhaps even more so than music." His smile would fade, as he returned his attention to his new pupil. Looking at her, he would once again notice her eyes, and how they reflected his very own, yet remained completely different and unique to themselves. He could see in her, an individual trapped inside, bottled up with no outlet to free them from their current restraints. "Painting.." This time the word was a soft whisper under his breath, as he contemplated his decision.

"Would you prefer that, Nenogami? Painting?" He questioned her, his head cocking to the side, as he tried to gauge where her true interests may lay. Her appearance and mood would suggest her to be a troubled soul...and some of the greatest artists ever born were exactly that. They would wield the mighty brush and release their dark demons upon the white canvas. Years of pain, past failures and loneliness - their blood, sweat and tears dripping in the form of colorful paints. Awaiting her decision, he would be happy to teach either one, or even both to the girl. She only need but ask.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
The way he was treating me made me a bit uncomfortable, not in a bad way, though. This was my first time being friendly with someone of the opposite sex that wasn't of my family. I didn't want to lose myself in my emotions just because he was my first. For all I knew it could have just been those things called hormones that I heard about in teenagers. The fact that he was the first male outside my family that I was able to interact with like this made it more likely. I didn't want to get lost in the moment, so I tried my best not to think of it. There was no way he wanted to be more than friends, and I would have to tell him the truth at some point. I figured I would have to wait until I was actually eighteen until I could start trying to find love.
I listened to him talk about painting. Art was something I was curious about but I had never experienced creating it. At the mansion we had many pieces of artwork hanging about, and I had a cousin or two that enjoyed the craft, but until that point I never made any kind of art myself. Then he made an offer to teach me how to paint. At least that's what it sounded like. I wasn't sure what to say after that, I was so surprised. He was being so nice to me and I couldn't figure out exactly what possessed him to be so kind to a stranger… Especially one like me, dressed like me. I looked down at my wraps and examined how it was so tightly wrapped, making an almost exact outline of my body. I rubbed the back of my head; still not sure what could possess a male to be so nice to someone dressed like me.
"I would enjoy that, too. That'd just mean more time with… I mean, I… Yes, that'd be nice…" I let out a soft, embarrassed laugh and looked away. "It would be nice to learn both is what I mean… Then when my mother comes home maybe I could give her a nice picture and she'll never want to leave again." I rubbed the back of my head more and cracked a half smile, looking away nervously. I didn't know what he'd think of me after that blunder I just made…

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her laugh was infectious, he couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of her bashful behavior. She was beginning to open up to him, which was the important part. He could tell that it was going to take a great deal of time and patience to completely break down the walls that were safe guarding her heart. Gaining her trust would be no simple task, but the potential for that happening was there, he could see it in her eyes when she looked at him. She longed for friendship, to build a bond with another person, someone who would care for her, someone she could rely on. Asagao knew the impact of betrayal first hand, and how important trust truly was. He had lost the person he held most dear to his heart, and he would not make the same mistakes they had. He had decided to take Nenogami on and teach her things, lovely things, things he had learned as a child, yet had nobody of his own to pass them down to. He would never be disloyal or abandon her - this pact was permanent. It would seem they would both be benefiting from this agreement, much more so than he initially realized.

"Wonderful!" He would exclaim, already itching to get started. Standing up, he would push his seat in and walk over to her side of the table. Reaching out his hand, he was going to help her out of her seat, but then remembered the way she had acted earlier, when he had attempted to touch her key. Quickly pulling his hand away, he would run it through his hair and try to play off the moment casually, as if he hadn't just been offering his hand in assistance. "Come, we must get you some supplies of your own if you are to learn. I will take you to a shop and we can pick you out the perfect set of brushes for you." He would smile, hoping that she would soon realize his kindness was genuine, and not just some ploy to get her to let her guard down.

[Topic Left]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
He was so excited. I couldn't remember the last time I was excited about anything, or if I ever was. It just seemed healthy for me to be around this man, like his enthusiasm for life would just rub off on me. I couldn't be certain what would become of our encounters, but there was one thing I was definitely certain off. I needed something. I needed something that could help me sort out my issues and become normal, and I believed in that moment that maybe this man with similar eyes was that thing I needed… That person, that is, that could usher me out of the light and into a new world. I would be in the double digits soon, I needed a strong role-model outside of my family, but it would be weird being attracted to someone more than two times my age.
"Yes, let's go!" I had a momentary spark of what seemed like enthusiasm but then it lapsed. "I mustn’t be out too late, though. Father and uncle will worry." I smiled again and noticed I was no longer rubbing the back of my head. It was weird, but I was feeling more comfortable. When he stuck his hand out I almost took it, but then he took it back and ran it through his hair and I felt almost embarrassed for thinking he was trying to take my hand. I would follow him wherever he planned to take me, but I looked back at my key to see what he thought about this, having been ignoring him since Asagao and I started talking. He was sleeping.
[WC:272|topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back