Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

In the Silence of Trees [Open]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
S0dFCMl.jpg

He wasn’t deep into the forest, nor was he at the entrance. He was simply in a part where the path cleared up for a bit, though towering trees surrounded it. Here, a few rays from the sun would pass through the gaps of the canopy of leaves, giving a hint of ephemeral light that shone against the lichen on barks. Here, the overgrown roots of the trees made for a strange tunnel. Here, he found a short grassy patch where he could sit and closing his eyes, he would focus on all his senses.

It the past, perhaps he had better ways to train his senses in that isolated house where he was a prisoner, but here in Kumogakure, ever since he journeyed and started living in this bustling place, he found it rare to find solitude for his own. And so, he often went to the forest, sometimes to train, but mostly to be at peace. For it is only when it he is devoured by the silence about him that he could almost feel the world being one with him, that his senses would be at its peak.

And in his mind, he saw the vision of the cursed beast of ruin that lives within him, his soulmate to be exact. This was a beast of mist and plated armor, or six limbs, of lupine form, and deep eyes that were fixated at him. For a moment, he wondered if he had fallen into his own soulscape, a trance where he would manifest in a void and alone with his beast. But no. The beast growled, its voice hauntingly not its own as it slowly approached him. He opened his eyes and yet the image was still there with him in the forest.

The beast lunged forward, its mouth wide open to bite at his head, and his heart skipped a beat, but only for a moment. Eyes sharpened and he turned his head to the side, all at once the world was silent again. The beast was but an imagination, an illusion projected by his own memories and the ever lingering reminder of the demon that lives within him.

“You’re strangely on guard today,” the beast’s voice echoed in his head.

“The world did not sway with your movement. Even if I can feel your thirst, your bloodlust that seems almost like mine, you did not leave a mark in the real world,” answered Kiri as he raised a hand to his neck, carefully sliding towards his chest. “You’re the one strangely unsettled. I promised I would hunt today so you could have fun, but you need to give me a bit of time first, to meditate or else I will lose myself completely to your hunger.”

“I would never harm my younger brother.”

“Good to know, aniki.” Kiri smiled before sighing and frowning, “So give me five more minutes to meditate, will you. Stop being impatient.”

Just as he was about to close his eyes, Kiri quickly faced the opposite direction. Into the shadows of the lined trees, he could almost sense another presence nearby. Maybe he should have went further into forest to avoid interference, after all.

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
OOC:Theme Music for this thread

The Depth of the forest did not matter. The low brambles, the high brambles, the bark and the beasts that made their lairs here. This was all Komora’s territory. She could feel it the moment strangers entered. Usually she ignored the sensation, but there was a tickle on the back of her neck when it came to the chakra from this presence. There was something strange about it. It was difficult to explain. It was kind of like when you mixed water and dirt and made mud. You knew mud was wet, but it was still essentially dirt - it was both individual things and yet it was only one chakra. Komora paused a moment and let some witless rabbit escape her attention without it ever knowing its life had been in peril. This immediately came to Akio’s attention. The old dog raised an eyebrow at the girl. He had gotten to know her pretty well in the recent months, and he didn’t know her to give up on stalking her prey. ”What’s wrong?” He barked in a half bored half curious tone.

Komora didn’t know how to explain the concept of chakra to Akio. It was something she just felt. She described the sensation with her hands and whooshing sound effects. The effect was completely lost on the dog whom just stared at her blankly. ”Yeeeeah… Stop. Just show me.” Akio told her. Komora nodded eagerly. ”Komora knows! She will show you!” She began to speed through the wilderness like a dart heading for a bullseye. Her incredible nose paired up with her mastery of this terrain and her sensory prowess led her straight to the locale of meditating ninja. She stalked low in the shadows of the bushes. She inhaled the sweet scent of the leaves as she peered through them into the clearing at the stranger. This had to be the first kind of Chakra that she had sensed like this. She wasn’t sure what she wanted to do about it.

Akio was about as old as Komora, but in dog years he was absolutely ancient. His old bones just weren’t made for sneaking like he used to in his younger days. His experience told him that he wasn’t hiding his presence well. A shinobi would doubtless sense his presence, or at least sense that something was wrong. The Dog looked at Komora and then back to the meditating person. ”It looks like he is training. We should leave him alone.” Komora nodded but she didnt’ look away. ”Okay.” She whispered back to the doggo. The pair of them stalked back through the bushes the way they had come. Their stealth had not been dropped during their investigation, and now there efforts in that area were doubled as they began to sneak away.

[exit]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji was known to lurk within the wild areas surrounding Kumo when he wasn’t busy with a mission or otherwise. He had been crawling about the tree line and swinging between their branches giggling to himself like a child when he happened upon a clearing where a young cloud-nin seemed to be meditating.

Haji would normally have left the young man be, but the boy began reacting in his little grass grotto to unseen forces. He was a curious man by nature, he often joked that it would be his end, but he never denied his urges for they normally led him to adventure and adversity.

Haji lowered himself slowly down from his branch perch in complete silence. His body was lithe and well-muscled from his training which was nearly exclusively taijutsu based. Hachiashi Haji being his full name, he shared the physical characteristics of his namesake: two extra sets of arms beneath his first giving him the visage of a spider.

With his face aimed toward the ground Haji lowered himself down the trunk of the tree using his six-armed strength so that he might better observe the boy.
--I promised I would hunt today so you could have fun, but you need to give me a bit of time first, to meditate or else I will lose myself completely to your hunger.”
Haji caught the end of the boys sentence and froze himself in place.

how peculiar Haji’s eyes widened in the pleasure of listening in on another’s private moments. There was something intimate and exciting about listening to another person who was unaware of the others presence. It allowed them to be who they were in true form. Any normal person would feel guilt for eavesdropping, but Haji had spent so much time in the ANBU corps that he had lost that part of him to his covert missions of intelligence gathering.

Just as the boys hidden conversation began to gain prudence Haji felt the boys’ eyes turn just shy of directly toward him. Haji felt his blood run cold and his heart pick up. He grinned with the thrill of discovery, it was not often that someone would sense him listening in. Then again, it could be another who lie further within the branches of the trees. Haji wouldn’t put it past the Sennin to be keeping tabs.
Either way, his interest was held, he licked his lips in anticipation.

[[Topic Entered]]
[MFT]
[WC 406]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri stayed still for a while, eyes trained into the depths of the shadow of trees. He has yet to fully learn the ways to have full sight of the world about him but he was careful. Should it be a stray animal, then the hunt may have started earlier than expected. But he could almost two this was no ordinary hunt.

His hands found their way on his sword, a constant in his life if he may say so. Right hand just gently wounding itself along the hilt, sliding in place on the handle. Left hand marking its place by a finger on the tsuba and the rest encircling the scabbard. Many years he had known this feeling. Many years he was also forbidden. But the sensation remained and the lust of the beast within him was strangely enticing.

Uncertain of what was out there just yet, Kiri would find himself standing from where he sat, drawing the blade from the confines of the scabbard, revealing the cold steel. He waited for any response as if to let loose his aura, expecting any movement.

It really did seem there hunt was on its way.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji’s eyes narrowed as the boy stood and removed his sword from its scabbard. Let’s not be too hasty boy.

Haji slowly pulled himself back up into the tree’s branches to hide amongst the leaves. It was unlike Haji to be detected, especially because of his ANBU training.
Perhaps another force is at work here he mused. Guessing from the look of the young man, he was of equal rank to a Genin. Bold, but who among us is not?.

Haji considered for a moment wearing his ANBU mask to escape identification, but that was taboo if he is not currently on a mission and punishable. Instead Haji pulled his hood up and over his head to shadow his face from the boy on the chance he was found.

Webbing emerged from his hands and attached to the body of the tree nearby. Haji, concealed by the trees branches, nimbly pulled himself into the next tree, shifting himself from tree to tree until he had moved ninety degrees around the clearing. He lay lengthwise along a branch, peering down upon the boy in his clearing, standing stoically with his blade and his secrets.
Haji was invested now, curious to the boys guarded feelings towards being discovered.

What are you up to? Haji smirked. Perhaps the boy would go back to his conversation, or perhaps he would hunt Haji. He wasn't sure which one he hoped for more.

[MFT]
[WC 237]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He could hear his every heart beat as he didn't avert his eyes from the shadows. His hand remained still as he held the blade at a ready. But as moment passed, he felt uncertain. Was the beast playing with his mind again? No, it couldn't be. Unless the latter has developed a new strategy to keep him on his toes, of which he was hoping, this may well be one for the books. Kiri has been to grave scenarios before, but he wasn't hoping for one too soon.

“Aren’t you quite eager?” the beast's voice said. “I can tell the air is strange like something is stirring me but you like the skills and so it's hard for you to understand.”

Though it was the truth, somehow it struck a nerve. Kiri had been trying his best to train and be a better man reach day but truth be told he needs more than that to be truly powerful enough to stand on his own. The fact that he could easily be provoked by his own brother... Certainly speaks for itself. “Shut it!”, he almost barked at no one in particular, and glaring at his side as if expecting the image of the beast appear there. “You don’t have to remind me everyday. I will get there, eventually.”

He lowered his blade and looked at it, hand gripping hard before he quickly returned it to its scabbard. He then crossed the clearing in much haste that you would think he was throwing a tantrum. Perhaps he was. Deep inside, he was just hoping he’d find some game to hunt now and get his beast of a brother satisfied. And perhaps, along the way, he’d be able to figure out just what it was out there that he felt. Certainly, it was not simply his imagination. Something was among the trees, lurking.

Then, he stopped as an idea popped into his mind as he muttered underneath his breath, “You wanted a hunt, right? Let’s see just what kind of game we’ll attract.” At that thought, he let loose his aura as wildly as he could, igniting the demonic ancestry within his blood, letting flow a thick dark aura that engulfed him. In the past, his demonic aura always lured the strong ones, so he readied himself for another. Hands at a ready once more on his sword, as he heightened his senses for anything.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He is a brooding one isn’t he? Haji grinned to himself as the boys aura seeped into the air making it thick with and unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“What a deep darkness you have there!” Haji called out from his branch above the boy. “How very, very curious” Haji let himself drop from his vantage and tumble out into the clearing. Removing his hood from his head Haji stood to his full height of 6’2 and spread his six arms wide as he took a deep bow.

Lifting his head in the midst of his bow Haji smiled and stared at the boy with his sword drawn and his fierce aura flowing out into the otherwise peaceful clearing. “Do you mean to hunt me down boy?” Haji stood straight up again and gave the young man a grin, his teeth white in contrast to his dark and messy beard. “I think you might find me…. Troublesome at best?” Haji shrugged and then waved a hand at the young man.

“Do you go releasing this inky black aura every time you are disturbed? Not many are keen to the feeling of demons in these parts” Haji gave him a knowing smile “oh yes I am familiar with those plagued by demons” Haji took a step to his side and began walking in a circle around the boy. “Call me curious but how interesting it would be to meet yours!” Haji stopped his circle and squatted giving the boy another grin. “What’s your name demon boy?”

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A sudden voice called out and Kiri quickly turned to face the direction, hands stayed on the blade for any action necessary. However, he was surprised at what he saw. Never would he imagine to find someone like that. Sure, he may have gotten used to demons and beasts and whatever creatures there were, but before him was none like those. Despite the physical deviation, he was human in every way, or at least it felt to him as such. But then as the latter began to circle him, Kiri raised his guard up once more, somehow recognizing the pattern as how a predator would stalk its prey.

Of course, what struck him were the words that rang out from the latter’s mouth. Darkness? People tend to associate him with such because of his cursed beast. The absence of which that would have represented the yang of his yin. Cheesy as it may sound, that was the purpose of having two cursed beasts. And for that, he had long felt different. Still, that did not mean he was wrong.

“I hate it when people jump into conclusions,” said Kiri, straightening his stance, sheathing the blade into the scabbard. “Just because it is in my nature does not have to mean it is set in stone of what I am. And maybe. Who knows? I, for one would rather have to warn eavesdroppers in a different way, but my brother… well, he’s got a good hold of me in that area. For now.” He could almost hear the beast click its tongue at him in his head.

“That aside, however, I don’t appreciate you calling him a demon,” added Kiri, keeping a cool but unaverting gaze on the latter. It would be a lie to say that he was not threatened by the other’s presence. However, it would not do him any good to panic now. He can just be cautious as he could almost feel the surge of power that was welling inside. This man (six-armed or whatever) was certainly beyond the ordinary. “Nor do I need to answer you.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji scrunched his face up at the boy. “So capricious!” Haji kept his distance, no need to provoke the boy further. “But I guess I prefer your calmness to your sword in my gut eh?” Haji fiddled with the grass below him.

“But let us call things what they are no? Whether he is your brother makes no difference to what he IS, does it?” Haji shrugged “But I cannot hope to know so much about your relationship my boy, I don’t even know your name as you have not been gracious enough to provide one” his eyes turned up on the boy with a frown.

“But I guess that is my own fault eh? Curiosity got the better of me with my eavesdropping, old habits die hard and all that” Haji stood once more and began his circle. “Appearance may not mean much to you, but folks tend to be a superstitious bunch, and demons give cause for unease” Haji held up two hands “Not that it bothers me! But a young shinobi such as yourself may wish to shield himself from such scrutiny?” he put his hands down again. “But like you say, I presume too much. Besides, there are darker things in this world than a little demon blood.”

Haji paused his steps and looked at the young man sternly for a moment before smiling again. “I am called Haji, and I am not so unfriendly as I may seem. I am just a purveyor of secrets, so try not to take my curiosity to heart as something so sinister.”

He began to walk his circle again “I was serious before about meeting your… brother. It would be quite the experience I should think” he chuckled.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he listened to the man before him, he couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable. There was something just not right. And when the other did not seem to want to drop the subject about his cursed beast, Kiri felt like he was being tested, almost as if to see just how well he could handle his temper. And it wasn’t easy when the beast was in fact not interested in this man. Inside, he could feel his brother stir, his blood boiling for action and he had to clench his fist just to keep himself rooted with reality and the present. Concepts like bad blood and grudges did not exist with him, and Kiri was determined to have it stay that way. He will not be provoked.

Honestly, he wanted to snap at that remark – no difference to what he is – but fortunately, he held back long enough for the other to continue talking and Kiri could feel himself relieved. And now talking about being cautious should be exercised, especially for someone like him… rather ironic coming from a person who was more visibly not ordinary. “Just because it’s dark doesn’t mean anything. Whoever invented that metaphor needs to get his ass kicked,” said Kiri before he let the other man finish off his sentence.

Despite still being apprehensive, Kiri at least nodded in acknowledgement when the latter introduced himself. “Well, I never liked it when people observe me from afar. It’s more suffocating than anything in the world,” he said in response, shifting his weight and let his sword arm to drop from where it was readily holding the sword, ready to draw from the scabbard earlier. Even if he was isolated in the past, he still once belonged to a strict and formal clan, and so certain principles were to be expected. “My name is Kiri.”

But really, just when he thought it was now fine, Haji just had to open his mouth again. And it was responded by a vile laugh within his head. “Isn’t that great, I’m being called,” said the beast and it was beginning to turn into a troublesome headache as the presence grew stronger, almost as if something was tugging at his heart. “It’s alright, isn’t it, Kiri. You did promise me a hunt. We never break promises, that’s part of our pact.”

He raised a hand to his head as he clicked his tongue just to show his annoyance before he turned and followed the circling man with his gaze. “Why? First you caution me about my presence, and now you want the opposite. That’s not exactly a great way to be an observer… unless your method is through provocation.” Although he said that, Kiri returned his hand on the sword’s hilt as he took a step back to put some distance between him and the other. “Is it really hard for someone with such blood to live peacefully? I don’t think so. I won’t know until I try, but both you and him… you both just want to have a go at it, huh?” he made a “tch” sound before he looked at the other with seriousness in his eyes, “Fine. I get it. I’m different but no matter how much you want to, you will never meet him. It just doesn’t work that way.”

Thus, drawing out the sword, the blade reflecting a bit of light as he held it before raising it next to him, as if to catch his own reflection. To his own eyes, what reflects are the eyes of the cursed beast, of misty form and eerie golden eyes. Such was the case for any of his clan members who found their beasts. But for the outsider, no such reflection could be seen. It would just be a blurry reflection of his blonde hair and perhaps his turquoise eyes.

“Tell me, what do I look like? I’ve been curious for a long time. Ah, but you were curious for something else, weren’t you. Never mind. Whatever it was your expecting…” he said before sheathing the sword once more. This, however, was done not so much for the six-armed shinbone as it was for his beast. For no matter how sweet the temptation was becoming, he had to decline. “That, I will not do… unless it’s on my terms.”

Crossing his arms, he steeled himself, stood firmly and glared at the other, while trying to ignore the growing wailing and protest inside him. “Shut up. You’re giving me a headache,” he muttered underneath his breath.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Most people don’t like being observed” Haji laughed “I expected you to be no different. I apologize, I normally don’t get caught, you are more observant than most however”.

The boy made a recognizable point. There was a flaw in Haji cautioning and then requesting the boy release his demon. But Haji was nearly a slave to his curiosity. He could advise caution and then throw it to the wind if it served to sate his thirst for all things abnormal.

“It sounds as though your brother and I have more in common than I thought” Haji gave a gentle smile now, one of understanding. “I can’t say I’m not disappointed I won’t get to meet him; it was my true aim as you have foreseen. Such a curious pair you must make, and I only wished to SEE it.”
Then Kiri did something curious, drawing his sword again and gazing into the blade with a fervor Haji had not expected. Being unsure of the boy’s intentions Haji was prepared to unleash his first gate, but it seemed the boy meant no harm before calling out to Haji once more.
“Tell me, what do I look like? I’ve been curious for a long time. Ah, but you were curious for something else, weren’t you. Never mind. Whatever it was your expecting…That, I will not do… unless it’s on my terms.”

Haji raised all six of his hands “Alright I surrender to your superior will” Haji laughed. “Interested as I may be, I know when something is a lost cause, and short of forcing you into a fight I don’t think there is much I can do to convince you”. Haji thought for a moment about a third option open to him and then frowned. He would not strain his body with the opening of the gates just so he could view the boys demon, nor did he want Kiri to gain knowledge of his own capabilities. His skill set was his greatest secret yet, still having not been reported to the village, Haji could be hunted down for his discretion.

not that this young man would recognize the eight gates in any way Haji mused. They have gone unseen in Kumo for generations.

Haji emerged from his thoughts to Kiri’s unwavering stare. “I will bid you farewell for now Kiri, boy with the steel will” Haji gave him one last wolfish grin before launching his mucus into the tree line and pulling himself back into the forest.

[[Topic left unless stopped]]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would be a lie to say that the sudden way the other had backed down from this encounter had surprised Kiri. Partly because he had also suddenly become interested as to why this Haji person was very curious at his beast. And partly because the said beast was beginning to stir anew inside. Something about letting the prey go. Or maybe annoyed at Kiri’s own immaturity. And so, with a quick bit of push, mentally that is, Kiri found himself bolting forward with a raised hand as if to catch the other as he yelled, “Wait!”

He then dropped silent as he began to think about what he just did, all the while hearing a bit of sniggering in his head. He gritted his teeth upon realization that he had lost his control just for a moment there. And should the other, indeed, stop and look back, Kiri would only facepalm as he grew red in embarrassment.

Now what? What was he to do as his brother got the better of him.

“He says he wants to meet me, right? Then we can talk,” said the beast and Kiri peeked between his fingers that covered his face in embarrassment, squinting as if meticulously looking at the six-armed man. “Come on. It’s not everyday I get to hold a conversation with anyone else. Of course, you’ll have to be speaker. And if he pulls any trick, well, that’ll just be an extra treat for me.”

“He said wait.” said Kiri with a drag. Though when the beast reminded him that he wasn’t exactly talking loud enough, he had to repeat it with an exasperated expression. “HE SAID TO WAIT. HE SAID HE WANTS TO TALK. HE SAID HE’S BORED AND IF YOU SHOW HIM SOME TRICK OR TWO, HE’LL TAKE IT AS A TREAT!”

He paused after that, collecting himself before he warned the other, “By that last statement, he intends to clash. I’m not an idiot to go charging head-on, however. Then again, if there is good reason, why not?”

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young academy student was deep into the forest, standing, huffing and puffing from his current bloodline training. The Byakugan, the all-seeing eye! His chakra flooded his pours coursing violently through his veins as if blood spewing from his physical form. It almost made him want to laugh menacingly, he almost did with he slight grin and soft chuckle. In this moment, he calmed himself, the veins around his hues disappearing, pupils returning back to their normal state, and the gust of wind and fallen leaves would come to a halt and fall gently to the grass bed below his feet. Shouyu began to stretch his legs and arms, torso and neck after his training still wanting to continue until.....

This death-defying chill swept across the nape of his neck.. "What is that?", he thought to himself. The presence felt dark, strong at that too, enough to send a chill down his spine and spark his witty interest. "Something like this in the forest... Seems dangerous for the village, but who am I? A young student... With my new found power.. I wonder if I can purge this forest of this evil myself!"

Instantly the boy was in the air with a jump, an incredibly high jump at that to lend him perfectly perched on a tree branch. No hesitation, not a single second as he would leap from branch to branch, tree to tree, following the dark chakra like a hunting dog with a scent. Closing in on the distance fast, he began to pick up a second energy and that's when he came to a stop. "Byakugan!' The boy activated his bloodline again, within 700 meters seeing two, no three??? Three forms of energy in the distance. One had an extremely endless reserve of chakra, more than likely a higher level nin? The other seemed to be not too different in power level to him but with a strange addition... A hidden, no not hidden, surpressed? Something was dormant in this smaller nin... Something massive.. Shouyu shook his head a few times shaking any negative thoughts. The Byakugan cut off again as he dashed toward their positions, leaves of the tree branches he landed on would fall and float slowly to ground level as he passed by trees with lightning speed, the sound of him slicing through the wind at top speeds could be heard as rustling in the distance.

He was right on top of that, even without byakugan he could see child and a man, a spider - man with multiple arms that raised an eye brow on Shouyu. The other boy held a blade that made Shouyu lick his lips in anticipation of what to come. "Would they battle? Or should he drop in? The one with many arms seemed to have bid farewell to the boy as he yelled in response beckoning him to fight. Buuut, if he wanted to leave Shouyu would gladly take this chance as front flipped from his tree branch in between the two coming to a kneel after landing. Slowly he rose, eyes closed, standing upright the eyes of the boy shot open and looked toward the young man with his blade...

"You... You have the dark energy disturbing the peace of this land... Who are you?"

His eyes looked over to the spider figure, high energy could be felt laying dormant inside this man, concluding that Shouyu was maybe right, a higher rank nin with capabilities he was blissfully unaware of. At least in this scene, everyone has a surprise at the moment. He examined the spider figure again before looking over to the smaller ninja.

"Shouyu Hoshi here, if it's a fight you need, I'll gladly oblige your insatiable desires."

[WC 623]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji halted his ascent into the trees at the behest of Kiri. If he were honest, he was actually quite surprised by this, but he did not show it on his face. Instead he descended back into the clearing to hear the boy’s request.
Though it took a moment for Kiri to collect himself he finally made his request on behalf of his brother.

“A clash? Not entirely what I expected to be quite honest” Haji was in a pickle now, he couldn’t just show some regular jutsu to this boy and his compatriot, he had seen most of it before surely. His own bloodline abilities had already proved unsurprising to the boy enough to provoke the beast.

“Well… I guess I have no choice but to comply” Haji took a stance, each of his six hands going into a different position as was his customary fighting stance. But just as he was to enter the first gate a third joined them in the clearing.

Haji whipped around to face the third party only to find a child standing amongst them. He nearly laughed, a smile cracking across his face.
That was until the boy spoke.
"You... You have the dark energy disturbing the peace of this land... Who are you?"

The young shinobi student eyed Haji, seemingly trying to size him up. Haji was a tad annoyed by the lack of acknowledgment of an elder shinobi of Kumo. The boy returned his attention to Kiri.
"Shouyu Hoshi here, if it's a fight you need, I'll gladly oblige your insatiable desires."

Haji rolled his eyes. “So abruptly forward” he scolded the young shinobi. This was not Haji’s style at all, and the boy’s directness made Haji reel a bit. “No assessment of the situation, what if I had been an enemy shinobi? This young man here is from our village and you could have aided him by striking at me from an opportunistic position! What are they teaching in that damn academy anymore?” Haji shook his head with disdain.

He then looked over to Kiri. “I leave what to do with this child to you Kiri my boy. It was you he has insulted, not I”. Haji shook his head once more “Truly abhorrent”.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He really ought to pick his fights better. He really should try to rein in more on his brother who was always quite eager for anything that involved having to draw the blade and such. But as the six-armed man had seemingly consented, and in effect began to move into a stance for fighting, Kiri’s heart began to race. It was exhilarating as ever– the way the beast’s own anticipation and desire would build up inside him, waiting to explode – and so he draws out his blade at a ready. But he quickly turned his attention to a sudden interruption. Clearly he was too focused at Haji to have noticed this kid, but now things have changed.

“A willing prey!” the beast rejoiced but then seemingly sound confused, “Are preys supposed to be willing? Is this a trap? No. I get it. The brat’s belittling you. Ahahaha!” It can be hard to have a constant voice resounding in one’s head, especially at times like these. Nevertheless, Kiri took notice of the boy’s words and honestly almost popped a nerve at it.

“What is it with people thinking anything dark is evil? Haven’t you heard of the concept of hypocrisy?” grumbled Kiri as he raised the blade towards the boy, and though he was now addressing Haji, he need not to face the six-armed man. “You don’t need to tell me that. I need to rid this world of the contraction and hegemonic ideologies that plague it. Not as a warrior of justice, but simply because the world is seemingly too flawed.”

He let out a sigh as if he had rid himself of some built-up frustration and then all of his muscles relaxed as he held the blade with confidence. His way of the sword was much more of grace and dancing than of striking down with brute strength after all. And with the way the kid had suddenly asked for a battle, it was just right to accept. Stupidity, maybe, but it was rather interesting to say the least as he was the one targeted by this. “Just watch over there, Haji… He said. Maybe then you’ll want to have a go for a hunt… He also said,” Kiri informed, not wanting anyone else to join the battle that was about to commence.

Without further ado, Kiri would put all his focus on the target at hand. This would mean possibly ignoring Haji’s presence. Previous experiences, the thrill of a battle where one puts their life on the line, and his brother’s memories of the real battle field where he was thrown into and left to fend for himself in a vicious battle where he dealt the enemies one-on-one in the quickest way possible, taught him of the qualities it took to be efficient. Indeed, it would leave him open to possible outside interference. But that would also allow him to concentrate on taking down the object of his desire.

“Trust in me. Let go,” said the beast inside and Kiri let loose his demonic aura into the wind. And without another word, without another thought, Kiri moved.

[MFT: 524]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Definitely out of place with such higher rank ninja before him. The six arm man seemed to be a giant to him, well built, oppose to his opponent who still stood taller than him but less mass than the spider. He exhaled sharply, acknowledging the immediate danger he instill upon himself. The six limb ninja seemed to be agitated with his arrival, turning to him laughing, apparently in insult to his young motives. He noticed the Anbu mask from up above in the tree, but even without that... The feel of his chakra alone from a distance gave hints to a highly superior ninja. At his words Shouyu may have cringed on the inside, but outside his physical remained a hard glare in stillness. After Haji's words he retorted calmly.

"This is true, but a higher class member like yourself would see that coming from mile away wouldn't you?"

The boy observed the man, taking note to his attire and build, concluding that he was indeed a top tier ninja. As far as the boy before him, seeming twice his age and more experienced, he didn't feel too much apart. Except this resonance that churned inside that boy, unveiling a powerful hidden energy. Again the taller ninja scoffed at him, Shouyu smacked his teeth in response feeling the sting. At the moment his right hand clenched into a tight fist by his side. Had his excitement overwhelmed him so much to make an embarrassment of himself. I guess this was his chance to display his skills before higher ranks and earn respect as a decent fighter. Hopefully they would see the fire in his spirit and take a liking to his fighter's pride. None the less he responded again.

"Please excuse me if I did intrude..."

His attention moved from Haji who seemed to excuse himself from the two, the other began to speak, addressing the elder ninja to spectate. This made Shouyu grit his teeth, beginning to slight jitters of nervousness as if he was to be brutally wiped away quickly enough for them to finish their conversation and move along. The chakra inside of him stirred slowly as the kid spoke his voice chilling to his ear, readying his fighting spirit.

"I've come to understand the thin light between light and dark.. And the battles within my own heart are against the good and the evil. Lately, I can't tell the difference honestly... I've been so strayed by vengeance. Is there justice in murder? Is there honor in blood, and eye for an eye? No matter, there is no need to bring any of that to light here.. On the contrary, I am only here to earn my respect of the elder ninja.."

He could see the shimmering lights of colors across his blade, the beautifully designed scabbard. It intrigued him, amazing the craftsmanship was. His opponents eyes were fixated on Shouyu and he could begin to feel, even see the demonic aura feel the air. This instantly made his eyes grow wider, as he himself took stance but sliding his right foot back. Immediately he reached for his blade across his right hip with his left unsheathing the Kodaci defensive blade first. He twirled it counter clockwise and clenched tightly, blade parallel to his left arm, that was out before him bent at a 90 degree angle. Slowly, Shouyu's right hand grabbed the hilt of his second, longer Katana blade which he held there in stance. It was now when he activated his Byakugan to see, the veins protruding from his eyes. In this view he could see two forms of chakra coursing around his opponent in a fiery blaze. He was moving now as Shouyu held stance, lowering into his hips he also dashed toward him closing the distance in between the two. The academy student was dashing for ward with his left defensive blade as if to prepare for a quick and strong counter attack.

[WC :654]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji waved off whatever the academy student said, something about him having noticed him coming? He shook his head, that was probably true, Haji's own interests in Kiri had made him rather blind to the rest of the forest around him, had it been an enemy nin, he very well might have been struck down. Then again a larger power is more noticeable than that of a young nin just beginning to amass his power.

"You younglings have such fire in your bellies" Haji said despite being only five or six years older than Kiri. "Whatever you wish, have at it and I will spectate" Haji moved to a boulder on the edge of the clearing. He hopped up and sat down cross-legged leaning back against his bottom set of hands propped against the boulder. He laced the fingers of his top set of hands behind his head and his middle arms crossed in front of his chest. "It has been some time since I've gotten to just WATCH some people fight without having to intervene" Haji mumbled to himself. "Guess this isn't the worst thing" he smiled.

The boys ran at one another and Haji felt his interest grow. A fair match was always far more interesting than an unbalanced one, he would enjoy watching this battle as much as the boys would enjoy testing their strengths.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seeing how Haji seemed to have understood his words, it was safe to say that this battle would not have interruptions. With Kiri quickly advancing, and the supposed target seemingly taking into battle stance as well, it was just apt to progress this. A little cheer from the beast within him as the demonic aura seeped out of him, Kiri made a sudden sidestep from his initial straightforward burst. And even with the sword in hand, he was quick to perform the handseal, while he kept his gaze at his prey. Then, without further ado, the forest around them began to converge with a thick red mist.

Here in this mist, there lives the will of malice. It causes those trapped within its midst to have hatred for life itself, often than not, temping them to take action and strike themselves. And while the other would be distracted by this, if not totally played by the said mist, Kiri lowered his stance, almost parallel to the ground, akin to a predator that sights its prey with its unwavering eyes. And in the truest sense of a duelist, he put forth his full attention to this prey.

And in a single breath, he kicked off from the ground and aimed to slash at the target. It was a 2-slash combo that drew an X-shape pattern. This was done with equal anticipation and preparation for a retaliation that his feet would be well-balanced on the ground, easy to move for a sudden reactionary movement.
Performed Mist of Deceit , aided by Nimble Hands and Duelist, to set up a strike with Cross-rip.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Shouyu advanced to his target quickly, he picked up on a thick cloud of red mist, filling the area. At the first moment, it did nothing but entice him to activate his Byakugan. Although, in doing this still all he could see is the arrangement of chakra through his opponent's mist, with no definitive chakra network to consider his opponent. He still charged forward, in remembrance of his final position before the mist appearance. Haji has stepped away and began to spectate, it was exhilarating having this battle and his excitement ran through the roof. Then, a thought, a rather baneful and corrupt thought activated itself almost in attempt to sway him to hurt himself. The grip on both his blades tightened as he was seen shaking his head once to try and beat the thought.
"Why in the world am I thinking to harm myself?"
His opponent was able to wield a weapon and perform a hand seal and execute a jutsu, skilled he would say, his guards were most definitely up at this point. His eyes were darting left to right, in pursuit of the chakra network causing this illusion. The thought ran through his mind again, a menacing thought of hatred, as to why he was here, why was he alive, maybe he should be dead. He ceased his sprint abruptly, coming to a sliding stop, his head turning left to right. All the while, throughout this difficulty of seeing he remained calm, breathing slowly and rather deep, as his Father taught him too in battle. Even with 360 degree vision, all he could see was, "Blood... This looks like, my blood...." He was beginning to get confused as to why he felt the urge to strike himself. Caught in this thought, his view had picked up on an elephantine amount of energy closing in on him, and through the thick mist a cutting edge coming into the picture.
"An attack? Yes! This is him!"
He was caught sleeping, standing straight up in his stance confused before a slight, stinging burn fell across his chest, a slightly severe x-shaped gash across his torso, spilling a decent amount of scarlet liquid into the air. The contact caused Shouyu step back stifled before regaining composure and leaping back. He performed a back flip before readying his defensive blade. "I've got you now! He was still battling the thoughts to hurt himself, even now more seeing the ripped shirt drip his crimson life fluid. He was in a kneeling position after his flip before dashing to his previous location. The element of lightning began to emanate from both his blades. Closing the distance, Shouyu with his Katana wielded by his right hand, aimed to slash diagonally across his opponent, and then horizontally shortly after, a two - slash attack. To finish this, Shouyu lunged forward with his left foot, and hilt end of his Kodaci blade, enforced by chakra of his lightning affinity. He aimed this hilt to collide with the sternum of his attacker, to send a shocking impulse, that could cause convulsions through his physical.

Damaged and hurt from Cross-Rip, still heavily affected by Genjutsu. Shouyu performs Dynamic Slash(Activate Elemental Channeling at .5AP) followed by Electrocution with hilt strike. 'Adrenaline Rush' kicking in. (Blue = Thinking to Self/ Red= Out Loud)

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would seem as though his genjutsu was working well, and it allowed him to strike at the target with ease. As a result of his intense focus, Kiri kept on his toes, ready for any retaliation that was aimed at him, and surely it did come. A combination of swings was directed at him, but he was quick on his foot, and limber enough to twist, turn, and dodge the incoming strikes as if he was merely dancing. Well, in all honesty, that was how he fought with the sword. Unlike others who try to force it with strength or simply with speed, he has trained as a boy on how to direct the sword as if it were his own body, and his mental trainings with the beast had him on guard for various scenarios. This was no different. And with the aid of the mist, he could somehow play into the distance and shroud himself.

However, what came next was rather unexpected. A sharp tingling pain shot through the mist and clipped him. Even if he managed to avoid to most of the strikes, that one thrust with the hilt end of the sword had sent an unexpected electric shock. He staggered back slightly before finding his footing dashing into the mist. He was in no hurry to finish off the prey. He knew better than to attack without a plan. But this was probably why he leaned more towards the medical side as opposed to simply becoming one who favoured battles. Even if his beast hungered for such encounters, Kiri wasn’t completely enthralled.

“The boy has guts, but he knows nothing of demons,” said the beast in his mind, “And when you strike a demon, its best to make sure you kill it or else…”

Indeed, Kiri felt a surge inside him (CA: Fell Vengeance). The stirring of his demonic blood, the rage of his beast, the desire to spill blood. “For every bit of blood we bleed, we take thrice from it,” said the beast just as Kiri took a step forward. His grip on his uchigatana was firm and the blade beckoned to him. (Slashing – Physical Style: Offensive Feral Assault) Another step forward and he was charging towards his prey, eyes easily finding the point of contact which his blade would catch the other (Human Anatmoy). And in that instant, he released a quick succession of slashes, each of the three coming from an angle: first was from the top left aimed as diagonal slash towards the chin, the next was from the top right aimed diagonally towards the chest, and the last would be form the left side aimed to come across the chest. (Gasher - [M]) And should he succeed in this barrage, coming in with full momentum, he would make way forward for a fast upward diagonal slash from the right side and across the chest, containing the speed and power accumulated from his earlier strike. (Crimson Flash - [M])

And he would hold his ground in anticipation.

[WC:489 MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back