Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Initiation [Requesting anyone?] [Open]

Kouyuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sound of slow, shuffling footsteps reverberated through the cold, dimly lit hallways of the ANBU headquarters. Accompanying the slower, dull thump of boots walking on a hard surface were a quicker series of clicks and scratches brushing against the floor. The noises drifted through the halls together in tandem, piercing through the otherwise total silence that the building and its employees were well known for. For a moment, the trail of noise came to an abrupt stop and the hallways again grew still. But soon enough, the thunderous, metallic groans of a vault door sliding open shattered the momentary respite of silence. Aside from whatever did or did not allegedly occurred inside the building's interrogation rooms, this may very well have been the noisiest day Headquarters had seen in quite some time.

In the hallway, standing at the entrance of the aforementioned vault door was the present noisemaker, Kouhantei Kouyuu, the owner of the aforementioned footsteps. He was dressed as usual, although "usual" for him may not have fit the standard dress code of the building. He lacked the standard cloak or armor that characterized the appearance of most ANBU, and in lieu of the branch's signature mask, he was wearing a brown paper bag with holes cut out for the eyes. Rounding out the whole outfit was his usual cap, placed atop his head over the bag. Standing loyally at his side, at roughly knee height, was Watson the Turkey, whose talons moving across the floor were responsible for the other noise. Watson, for his part, also made a dutiful attempt to follow the building dress code with his own, smaller paper bag mask. An additional hole was cut out in his mask for his beak to poke through.

Upon opening the vault door, Kouyuu and Watson leaned inside to have a better look. The door opened into a room that was pitch black, dark enough to utterly swallow the tiny morsel of light emanating from the hallway. They glanced left and right but couldn't make out anything in the darkness. This had been about the fifth or so door they had opened since they had entered the building. Every attempt revealed nothing but rooms filled with impenetrable darkness, and given how horribly it went last time, they didn't really care to enter the room and grope around inside blindly to look for a light switch. They moved away from the door and Kouyuu dragged it shut, the sound of scraping metal filling the hall again until the door slammed shut with a sonorous thud.

"It doesn't seem as though we'll be getting much of an orientation today," he noted with a sigh. "I don't suppose you picked up a complimentary map brochure on the way in, Watson?"

Watson chirped sadly in the negative.

"Well then. Next door."

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
They would continue through quite a few more doors before stumbling upon a most peculiar sight: five bodies, tied, seated, heads bagged, and not a word escaped from their quivering gullets even though their mouths hadn't been gagged. Their broken spirits, and a slight tinge of a special breed of toxin, made sure of that.

Fuu had been peacefully smoking his cigarette, feet up on the dingy metal table they had off to the side of the room, wondering when the final requisition order would finally come through — these five were all criminals, set for death, and then his to do what he willed once the heat had fully run from their veins. But not all the way. Gotta get them right before, otherwise the whole thing's ruined.

Suddenly, a paper bag headed man and a turkey strolled into his execution chamber.

He paused in an inhale, trying to process the absurdity. He couldn't cough, but the reflex remained in his neuro-circuitry which made him produce an odd sort of wheezing sound. His mask had been pulled just to above his mouth, resting on his nose, so as to keep his identity concealed. While on the job, even for something mundane, you had to remain masked. Slipping the owl's visage back over his face, he stood to address the intruder, his paper-masked kin.

"Oh finally. You must have the final execution slips!" He extended a hand and waited for the man to hand over the last piece of the puzzle. "Well come on, hurry up! Give 'em here."

Kouyuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kouyuu was slightly taken aback. After searching through so many doors, he had begun to think that the whole building was out for lunch or on holiday. And here he had finally found . . . one, two, three, four . . . five people, no less. Unfortunately, between the paper bag over his head, his poor eyesight, the dim lighting, but mostly his total inability to read the atmosphere, he didn't quite comprehend what he was looking at.

He squinted. They were seated, at least. And rather silent. They didn't seem to acknowledge that the door had been opened and two interlopers had stepped in. Something was certainly covering their faces though. ANBU, perhaps? A voice, however, sent his train of thought crashing and brought a sixth person to his attention. Another masked figure, a little more authoritative than the other five from the looks of it, was asking for paperwork Kouyuu didn't have. His body tensed and stood straight at being addressed, almost panicking. He seemed to have interrupted something important, and was now being confused for someone else.

"Oh, uh, apologies, sir," he stumbled. "I didn't mean to interrupt your . . ." He slowly ventured a guess. ". . . game of silent musical chairs? I'm afraid you might have confused me for someone else. Masks and all, you know?" He swallowed loudly, and began to stand on one foot before continuing. "I've actually only very, very recently been re-assigned here, and I was in fact, looking for the supply depot, or some kind of administrative office, whichever I could find first, I suppose. Perhaps, you could point me in the right direction, and I'll be off on my way."

(OoC: Big apologies for the delay.)

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Fuu's eyebrow raised behind his owl-shaped mask, scrutinizing the paper-masked courier's words and actions with an equally owl-like gaze, and instantly considered if perhaps this was a practical joke of some sort. He quickly shrugged off the thought. No one would want to play a practical joke on me.

He reconsidered everything; could this man be serious? A complete lack of situational awareness, having a nervous first day, and in need of help to find his way — yeah, he was just what Fuu needed right now.

"So you're telling me you don't have the necessary slips?" He took a last long drag of his cigarette, burning it down to a nub, before stamping it out on the metal table and letting spill a waterfall of smoke from his mouth and nose. "What kind of operation do you think we're running around here? You can't just show up somewhere, ask for directions, and not have something to reciprocate with. What kind of an operative do you think you are?!"

He didn't give him time to answer. Standing up from his chair, quick as a flash, Fuu appeared in front of Bag Mask with his finger up to his mask — the 'shush' was implied, as he didn't make a sound.

"Don't answer that. I'll tell you: you're the kind that needs someone to show you how things run around here. You can't just go around asking where things are; you might get mistaken for an enemy mole trying to gain information! You wouldn't want to be taken in for questioning, would you?" Things were escalating quickly. Good.

With eyes like moons, and ears like radars, Fuu waited in anticipation. If he had to wait, he might as well have fun doing it.

[OOC Notes]
My bad on the delay, but I guess we're even now. I'll try not to let you wait this long again.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back