Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Into the Demon's Forge

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The Oak District is commonly known for its fantastic food and flowers shops. Of course, being a shinobi village there are much more practical stores for the average fighter. There are general stores that sell wears just for such a life still. If you keep walking down the road, you’ll come across the businesses that supply such shops. Here on the far end of the Oak District the sound of banging metal echoes as blacksmith are hard at work. One walking along the road could feel the heat emanating from the multiple forges.

Blacksmith her make their living selling weapons and armor to local stores, however they would likely accept commissions to repair broken or run-down pieces for the average individual. Most of these blacksmith craft the weapons and armor in bulk, but there are a few that will make unique items crafted towards a person’s needs. Bulk identical equipment is more common because it is quicker. A custom-made weapon can take month depending on the buyers' request; however, the quality of the item is usually better due to the extra care taken to craft it.

In the shop called ‘The Demon’s Forge’ is a woman that makes ethereal weapons and armor. Unfortunately, she does not get too many customers. She is not sure if it is because of the title of her shop or simply because she was a woman doing a so-called man’s job. Either way she continues to forge weapon if only for her own use. All assortment of weaponry adores the walls with each craft from her own hand. Today she was just starting to work on a katana.

She takes a piece of ethereal cloth, fold it it half and beats on it with a hammer until the chakra made into a more solid state. She would repeat this process multiple times just to make the blade. Her father taught her how to make ethereal weapons and armor. She remembers back when she was a novice, she would spend hours spinning chakra threads into spools. Afterwards she would knit the threads into the ethereal cloth like what she is using now.

Gotō Daiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One young man strolled nonchalantly down a street in the Oak District outpaced slightly by two rambunctious twin children throwing jabs at each other every few steps. They were all garbed in traditional clothing though the older of the trio looked slightly dressier due to a pale yellow-colored haori draped around his shoulders that swayed gently in the breeze as he moved. It bore the Gotō clan symbol on its back for all to see and a few onlookers gave wary stares upon recognizing it. Rounded sunglasses adorned his face though they had slid down on the bridge of his nose and weren't doing much at that moment to hide his exasperation. "Kira, Kazu." he said, the kids barely acknowledging him as they continued to bicker. "Save it for training." His words however seemed to fall on deaf ears as the twins took their 'battle' further along the street, narrowly avoiding pedestrians as they ducked and weaved around traffic trading blows the whole time. Their chaperone simply sighed as he walked. It seemed as if he had his hands full.

Stopping in front of a smithy that he was unfamiliar with the young man peered up at the sign. "The Demon's Forge?" he read in his head. "How gaudy." a smirk crossed his face. He liked it. And even if the weapons weren't up to snuff his father would surely get a kick out of it. Demon's weapons for a Demon's clan. He turned to the twins, the girl of the duo Kira currently had her brother in a headlock. "Don't wander too far... and don't hit any of the villagers." the boy Kazu stuck his tongue out at him in response. With a shake of his head he entered the establishment.

"Hello." he greeted the red-haired woman busy at work, nodding towards her as he made his way into the shop. Looking around it was the weaponry hanging from the walls that caught his eye which he carefully moved to inspect. Blades long and short, shinobi tools, blunted armaments, a fine assortment as far as he could tell. "Nice inventory." He thought aloud, placing a finger on his chin as his shaded eyes drifted towards the woman once more. She was in the middle of forging some kind of weapon but even at this distance he could see and feel the subtle cues of chakra being utilized in the smithing process. "Interesting technique you have there." the young man added before placing his hands within the sleeves of his yukata and approaching the counter. Like all of his actions there was an ease with which he spoke and moved, almost as if he was unbothered by all things. In truth he always observing. Always watching. He was no smith himself but he had to admit watching one firsthand was intriguing. "Do you sell generic arms as well?" Something not likely to get an artists' passions stirring but the reality of weapons sales. Plenty of people needed arming, and not every blade need be a personalized engraved chakra-infused one.

[Topic Entered]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Erza_Anime_S5.png
Hime would hear the familiar chime of the bell hanging at the door's entrance. She would take a moment to stop what she was doing and look at the individual. “Greetings, welcome to The Demon’s Forge.” She would then look at the clock before looking out the store window. Hime was expecting someone to pick up an order around this time. “Most of this stuff is crafted by me. Feel free to look around. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask.” She would then go back to the job at hand. The sound of the hammer as it hit the anvil made a loud bang, but such is the noises expected from a smithy.

The man would see quite a bit of Hime in her current attire. She wore a red pair of pants but had no shirt on. She simply had bandages wrapped around her breasts to keep her decent. Most of her skin was exposed and glistened with sweat. True her forge had no fire, but she was doing some hard work. Hime had a lean and slender figure, but one can easily see she was well toned. She may not have bulging biceps, but she was stronger than most women.

“It’s a technique passed on in my family from generation to generation.” Then once again there was that chime. The man asked her something, but Hime became distracted as her expected customer arrived. “Excuse me one moment sir.” She would get up from her work and walk to the counter. “Miss Hana. I have your order right over here.” From behind the counter Hime pulls out a folded kimono and hands it to a woman. “There is a dressing room just down there if you would like to try it on.” She would then look back at Daiji, “Now you were asking if I sold something specific?”

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Luna.(Shadowverse).600.2424141.jpg
From the side of the establishment was a young girl fresh in the academy. Her name was Hoichi and she was Hime’s adopted little sister. Sometimes she helps out around the forge, but mostly spends her days training in her own unique fighting style. Hoichi notices the twins sparring with one another. Hoichi is still rather new to the village and doesn’t really know much of anyone yet. She was too shy to simply walk up to them and instead attempts to get their attention. “Psst… over here.” She would call out to them. “If you two feel like sparring, there is a small training area over here.” The area in which she was referring to was a place created for people to test weapons before they buy. It had various dummies, target boards and a small ring for two to spar. There were a few weapons to be found; a kunai or a senbon still lodged in a training dummy. Though the weapon she treasured most was the doll she carried around constantly. There was also a door that led into the area which their father was in. “My name is Ryu Hoichi.” She would give a polite curtsy after her introduction. It was an old habit of hers.

[Topic Entered]

Gotō Daiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The shades-wearing young man would nod along as the weaponsmith spoke, his eyes flashing once again to the armaments hanging from the walls. Bukijutsu was not exactly his personal forte but from what he could tell it all seemed fairly high quality. The right job required the right tools. And if there was any place to procure them this was it.

While she talked his gaze did not wander. Her attire may have been sparse but he could tell she was young— too young. Sure he may have a certain philandering reputation around the village but even he had principals. He was here for a simple transaction and with all the excitement of recent months he hoped it would remain just that. No gate attacks, no student freakouts, no random killings, just some yen trading hands. The woman mentioned that her smithing technique was a family secret. "Hiden?" he asked referring to the shinobi practice of keeping certain techniques under lock-and-key within a clan. She had not revealed herself as a kunoichi but the way she used chakra... it was a safe bet. Seemed like there were all sorts of interesting families in the Leaf nowadays.

A customer walked in and she excused herself to tend to them. The young man took this opportunity to peruse the shop some more, getting a closer look at some of the weapons. He wished he knew more about the creation of these things but it just wasn't his area of expertise. The Gotō taught their children how to use these tools and in a way become tools themselves not how to make them. There was only one way to find out the quality and that could wait until later. She returned soon after and asked if he was looking for anything specific to which he replied, "The opposite, actually." a small smirk forming on his face. "Weaponry doesn't last very long in my clan." he said directing his eyes towards the younger girl. "I just need some basic arms. Three or four katana, a few sets of shuriken, a bō or two." his voice trailed off as he thought for a bit. "To replace the ones some of our youngsters broke." Their training regimen was a harsh one and broken steel was about the least of the younger members' concerns. The smith may have even heard about some of his clan's practices if she recognized the symbol emblazoned on the back of his haori. "Don't want to ruin any of these nice custom commissions." with that he would wait. Surely his request could be accommodated.

Outside the twins were still busy quarreling when a young girl around the same age as them approached the duo. Kazu's cheeks immediately flushed when he saw her but that might have been due to the pressure Kira continued to apply with her headlock.
"Thanks but we're not really sparring." Kira responded. "Kazu said he could kill me in one blow and now he's about done." she tightened the hold as he struggled in vain but she did not smile or laugh. It seemed she was serious about her brother's attempt on her life. "Nice to meet you Ryu-san." she would say, nodding towards the girl. "I'm Gotō Kira and this is my idiot brother." a playful slap on the boy's head from her free hand punctuated her introduction. The duo were quite the sight indeed and a few villagers watched safely from a distance and whispered amongst each other. Kira simply held her position. She wasn't letting go anytime soon and would wait until Hoichi responded.

Last edited:

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“No, not hidden. I can tell you the process but trust me it is easier said than done.” It is a craft that takes years to learn and much longer to master. Even now Hime would be willing to admit she has not mastered it quite yet. “It’s hard work and I find that most people don’t have the patience for it.” That statement likely sounded funny coming from someone as young as her. HIme had to learn patience and discipline at a young age.

Daiji’s statement about weaponry not lasting worried her for a moment, but the other statement made her wonder. “Forgive me for being blunt, but it sounds like you’ve been buying some cheap merchandise.” The fact that he was trying to replace a broken weapon rather than having it repaired says a lot. Either the costs of the repairs exceeded what he would normally pay for a weapon, or this guy just had so much money that he’ll just buy new. It was too bad the man was not here to repair, because she would be able to see right off if the craftsmanship was indeed of poor quality.

“I make quality goods. If money is an issue I do accept one other form of payment.” She would then reach into her pants and pull out a spool of chakra thread. “While the chakra thread jutsu is often used to control puppets, it is also the key ingredient to my weapons.” Every weapon in this room was made out of pure chakra. If Daiji dared to activate his doujutsu here, he would surely be blinded. “For an order your size… 250 spools. 200 if you can make them out of natural energy”

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hoichii would not even be able to tell that the boy's face was changing shades. Hoichii was blind at birth and with the gift given to her, color was still beyond her understanding. She also does her best to ‘look a person in the eyes’ when she talks. However, despite her efforts, most still find her stare odd. It is natural for one’s eyes to wander even if it is just looking at different parts of a person’s face. However, Hoichi’s eyes were completely motionless. Being Kira was the only one talking, Hoichii’s glaze was directed specifically at her. Not once did her head tilt to Kazu. He likely thought she was ignoring him. In truth the idea of directing her eyes to Kazu just did not occur to her. She wasn’t trying to be rude.

However, Hoichii does make an indirect effort to save Kazu. “And this little one is Nezumi-san” She would then hold the plush mouse out for her to take. She would figure Kira would want to use both hands when handling the plush, which would mean letting go of Kazu. Whether she takes the stuffed animal or not she might notice a fragrance coming from it. It had a flowery scent as if it was sprayed with perfume.

Gotō Daiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiden techniques were closely guarded secrets amongst Shinobi Clans. The Yamanaka's Mind Body Disturbance or the Hyūga's Gentle Fist came to mind and even his own clan had its share of them. Not necessarily jutsu restricted by any kekkei genkai but so fiercely protected that outsiders rarely learned them let alone knew of their mechanics. A finger came up to scratch the side of his face as she explained that she could explain the process of her smithing. "The old man would have my head if I ever offered to do the same with our jutsu." he thought to himself, though admittedly his family was a bit more... covert than a lot of clans. Which is saying a lot for the Ninja World.

He shook his head softly as the smith spoke candidly. "Nothing to forgive, you're the expert." He was trained in the usage of weapons and basic maintenance but he'd leave those judgements for the pros. "They aren't top of the line but I wouldn't exactly call them cheap." Placing his hands within the sleeves of his haori he thought for a moment before continuing. "It's mostly from overuse... hard to fix a shattered blade you know?" A smirk. 'Overuse' was putting it lightly. The Gotō had a store of wooden practice weapons but those were in the best condition of any since they hardly got touched. As soon a child within their clan was old enough to walk upright they trained with live steel. Hence the broken swords and staves.

The matter of payment came up and the young man arched an eyebrow. "Chakra threads, huh?" he thought to himself as he glanced around the room. Unfortunately he had not inherited the Heavenly Eye that was the trademark of his clan. As far as he knew anyway. But his vision had always been sharp and his senses were honed to a razor's edge from years of training and family... 'business'. He knew there was something special about these armaments from the moment he saw them and now that she mentioned this fact he could clearly feel the subtle buzz of chakra throughout the room. Very interesting indeed. "Payment shouldn't be an issue." he spoke nonchalantly as he withdrew a decent-sized pouch full of yen and laid it on the counter. The Gotō were not a rich family but they got by. They held a very particular kind of monopoly on a certain industry so it was rare that they hurt for work. He had never tried his hand at creating Chakra Threads or else he might have opted for that option.

Maybe it was for the best... his talents were more suited to disrupting and destroying chakra than creating anyway.

The twins were warming up to their new acquaintance nearby. Well... at least one of them was the other was still struggling to breathe. Good thing the kind student held out her stuffed animal when she did because Kira reached for it which gave Kazu just enough leverage to wiggle free of the hold and slide away from his sister. "You coulda killed me!" was the first thing out of his mouth as he clutched as his now bruised throat. His sister simply shrugged "You tried to kill me first." as she took hold of the plushie and inspected it. After a little while she smiled softly and hugged the toy close to her cheek. "Nezumi-san's so cute!" spending some time cradling the plushie she would offer it back to the student once she was done, taking note of her distinct eyes as she did so. Was she blind? Acting on a hunch she would wait a few seconds to see if the girl reached for it without prompt. If she did not Kira would say "Here you go." wondering if that would be the right queue to accept the doll. "I wish I had one... where'd you get it?" she would ask, now more curious than ever about the girl who had approached them. If she was indeed without sight that was an amazing thing. With senses being so important to a shinobi and especially to her own clan she wondered how life like that would work. But before she asked any questions she would confirm.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
So, it was the latter option rather than the former, which was something Hime could work with. "Pick up your coin purse and follow me." She walks off towards the end of the shop area and comes to a door with a 'employees only' sign. When she opened the door the sound of clashing weapons could be heard. These were not the sounds that should be resounding, and annoyance was clearly painted on her face. She marches inside with a heavy sigh. As Daiji enters the room he would see two swords floating in the air on their own. The one sword swung around wildly but the other would effortlessly parry each attack. “Hey Grandpa, Taka talked you into giving him another training session I see.” It was like watching a sword fight between a novice and a master. The one on the attack chopped and hacked with strength but lacked any grace. The defender would barely move but with a quick calculated flick that redirected the other blade's attacks.

“Let's see, I believe we have the generic looking katana over here.” Hime would wander about the backroom pulling weapons stored in barrels or on racks. She did not even pay enough attention to notice if Daiji was still following her or watching the fight. She would not care if he watched the ghosts training, and neither would they. As long as he did not interrupt them everything would be fine. Eventually Hime would collect everything on Daiji’s list.

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hoichii would simply giggle as Kira praised her plushie's cuteness. While Kira was cradling the stuffed animal Hoichii would secretly attach chakra strings to it. When Kira goes to hand it back to Hoichii, she simply smiles. Suddenly the toy with Kira’s hands would begin singing. It did not sing any words, but a lovely melody. Hochii would begin to dance to the music as she circled the two of them. Kira would ask for Nezumi's origins and Hoichii could tell her, but she had a better idea. Why tell her, when she could show her. There are many different ways a shinobi can cast a justu. Handseals are but a single method. Hoichii likes to cast jutsu through song and she mixes a false surroundings jutsu along with an audial genjutsu into the Nezumi’s melody.

If Kira fell under Hoichii’s spell, she would find herself at a festival. Being that Hoichii was blind and did not really know what the place looked like, most of the details would be plucked from Kira’s own imagination. “Step right up, Step right up. Hit the bullseye and win a prize.” It was the voice of a man seemingly speaking within Kira’s head. She would begin to hear other voices as well. “I’ll give it a shot.” It was a woman’s voice soft and soothing. “Bullseye! Here’s your prize milady.” “Hey darling, I got you a friend.“I love it! Thanks mommy I’ll treasure it forever.” The last voice was clearly Hoichii’s. The song then ends and the illusion fades.

Unfortunately for Kazu, Kira was the only one targeted by the illusions. Hoichii was still learning genjutsu and has not figured out how to cast it on multiple targets yet. “It was a gift from my mother before she passed. She got really quiet during that last part as she does not really like to remember her mother’s death.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back