Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Investigative Journalism [Shin/Deta]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Journalist_zps4ada9a64.png

Journalist Bunko Akiyama

Bunko sat within one of the conference rooms for Hayata Shin. She had scheduled an appointment two weeks ago and had been anticipating it ever sense. Her notebook was set before her with a pen laying on top of it. Her coat was wrinkle-less, as she had been obsessively rubbing it out the entire time she was waiting. The poor girl had gotten there early just in case someone wanted to dispute he appointment; thankfully no one had. So she set herself up in the room and slipped the recording device into her coat pocket. One could never be to sure about the information they had. After all, there were very specific questions that she had in mind for him, and whether this was a fruitful interview was up to his answers. Hopefully he would be helpful!

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Father, do you believe this to be wise." A voice said that only Shin could hear in the depths of the silent corridors. Shin was alone for the most part except the brief moments of greetings he would give as individuals walked by him. Shin walked passed the transparent windows and doors watching various people having their meetings.

"You make a valid point but I have made some precautions." Shin remarked as he spoke to his invisible guest. "If you believe that monitoring her is going to be sufficient you are quite mistaken. This is a foolish decision and you know this. Your trust is blinding you?"

"Perhaps...besides, I am certain you have made your own contingency plans." Shin chuckled silently. It was clear that the Shin's guest was over analyzing the situation or perhaps the person had reason to fear. The two were going to discuss about the identity of this person to the public. Who knows the repercussions there will be?

Eventually, Shin's stroll ended as he stopped at a dark door. There were no windows cascading the entrance like the other rooms specially designed to conceal from any observed. He began to open the door and entered. The room was rather small given how much the table took much room. A young woman with a sharp rimmed hat sat quietly at the back.

"Ah and you must be Aikyama." Shin said as he offered his hand. Shin was dressed in his normal attire concealed completely by his white cloak and elevated collar. In some ways he looked like a medical chief adorning the branch style of clothing.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Journalist Bunko Akiyama

As soon as the Raikage opened the door, Bunko was standing and bowing in the most honorable way she knew. "Good day sir, thank you for taking the time to speak with me." she replied and reached out to shake his hand. "If we could begin, I don't want to take up too much of your time. I know you are a busy man." she said in a very matter of fact tone.

"You sir Hayata Shin have been credited with a marvel among the scientific community for your work in matters of chakra manipulation and jutsu creation. More specifically, your creation known as Deta. Now details are scattered of course, and that is why I am here today. I would like to ask you questions about it." she began, looking up to see if he had anything to say before she would begin.

"I guess we should start from the beginning. What made you decide to make it? How even did you make it; was it a jutsu, or seal? And how does the it function; what kind of limitations does it have?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rather than taking Shin's hand she gave a formal bow and began to introduce herself. As records indicated her name was Bunk Akiyama one of the many journalists in Kumogakure. Ever since Shin had became the Raikage there was a proliferation of a writers taking the stand on freedom of speech. There became a greater desire to reveal the activities of the shinobi to the public considering the negative propaganda that seemed to fill the land. It was nice to get the opportunity to hear the truth. However, there was some things that needed to remain in the shadows. There was a reason why shinobi were soldiers in the shadow.

Shin and Akiyama sat across from each other. She started by addressing her purpose for summoning Shin which the man already knew. Underneath Shin's tinted glasses, his eyes shifted to the far right toward a ephemeral man shrouded in a dark gray cloak. The figure was shifting between the physical and chakra realm observing the conversation. Shin knew that Deta did not approve of this meeting concern about the abuse of knowledge that public could cause.

"I appreciate your accolade but I should not be the one who should be given all the credit." Shin said with a generous smile underneath his collar.

"I guess we should start from the beginning. What made you decide to make it? How even did you make it; was it a jutsu, or seal? And how does the it function; what kind of limitations does it have?"

"Deta was an idea based on my father's work. You may have read some of his historical theories and experiments about rendering the human mind to create an efficient shinobi. He believe that human will was a determent and removing it was the only way to become a proper shinobi. He produce his findings and practical prototype to Council during his tenor as chief medical, but he was mocked and branded as insane. There are a few people, to this day, that still believed in his theory, including myself. However, I made a few modification. Instead of modifying the human body I decided to modify chakra. When I was a young jounin I was an short time apprentice to Karubin, one of Kumogakure pronounce medical sennin. His made theories on chakra combustion and how to self-propitiate this process. I simply reverse the process. It took me several years to perfect the process with the help of Kogan-senpai and Karubin-sama. I can not delve into the actually implementation but through this process I was able to make my chakra and various others sustainable without a medium or condiute to control this chakra. Chakra is life-energy so when the process was complete the entity became sentient. I would not go as far as saying Deta is a new life form he is merely a personification of my chakra and my peers to name a few: Karubin, Akira Saito, and Kogan." Shin said. He paused for a moment as he began to gather his thoughts.

"Deta is only limited to the chakra that was a given to him during the inception of the experiment. He is more powerful than any mere shinobi. If you could imagine the power of Karubin, Akira Saito, and myself as one that would be Deta. His is not human in a physical sense and lacks the emotion processes of a natural human being, although he is capable of understanding it. I made sure to add that property so he would be able to relate to people. In principle, Deta is not controlled by human will or mere emotions; the next stage of shinobi evolution. But more importantly how we can understand chakra in a new way." "Perhaps you would like to meet him?"

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Journalist Bunko Akiyama

An so begun the interview. Thankfully, it was in Shin's nature to be accurate historically and as detailed as possible, so it made Bunko's job much easier. Less filling in the blanks and more just listening to his intellectual vomit. Bunko's stare into his eyes were both understanding and surreal. The very thought of chakra gaining sentience was both amazing and daunting. But consequently, because chakra is given from a life form, that chakra takes on (from what it sounds like) that persons persona in a sense. Their knowledge? Many questions still remained...

But when given the option of meeting him, Bunko smiled and nodded her head profusely. "Yes of course that would be most wonderful. But I still have more questions of course, I'm not sure if it will be able to answer them." she said with a questioning tone.

"A question I thought of when you were speaking was this: When Deta gained sentience, how did it know how to talk? Walk? Did it have memories? Or were these things passed on through the... I guess, chakra link it had with those whose chakra was inside of him? Also, you mentioned it being more powerful than a shinobi simply because of the chakra of who is inside him. I'm not sure I understand that. Does this mean it takes on the skills of the shinobi's chakra inside of him?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Unknown_zpscf6ccedb.png

Deta - ???​

It. The pronoun subscribed to the chakra entity known as Deta was used more than a few times enough that any astute person would recognize. Of course, Deta was not a human therefore it would erroneous to describe Deta as a he or a she. Yet in some cases Deta was more than just a thing and Deta was more than efficient the woman's question.

It did not alarmed Shin too much short from a slight raise of his brow underneath the spiky black hair line that brushed his forehead. Shin decided not to retort and continued listen to the woman's questions.

"A question I thought of when you were speaking was this: When Deta gained sentience, how did it know how to talk? Walk? Did it have memories? Or were these things passed on through the... I guess, chakra link it had with those whose chakra was inside of him? Also, you mentioned it being more powerful than a shinobi simply because of the chakra of who is inside him. I'm not sure I understand that. Does this mean it takes on the skills of the shinobi's chakra inside of him?"

"At the inception, Deta would communicate through the veil of chakra sort of like a chakra language." Shin paused realizing the obscurity of his words. "It is rather difficult to explain but you could relate it to how a shinobi uses handseals to open up chakra coils. At the time he could only communicate to myself, Akira Saito, and Karubin through this ethereal state and in time Deta was able to communicate with others; however, he was limited to words only spoken like a child learning through example. Of course, now he is capable of through human speech mastering it with exceptional speed. He does not have same physical limitation of learning seen in humans. In regards to Deta's learning capabilities, you would be right to say that he is able to use the same skills of these shinobi. Once again his knowledge of those skills only consist of those prior to his physical existence. I say physical because Deta already existed in natural chakra just not sentient. Furthermore, as a chakra entity, Deta is not required to use handseals to perform jutsu."

In a few moments, the room was cascaded in a magnificent blaze of white light. A dark figured appeared as the light faded. It was large figure approximately six feet and a few inches completely covered in a dark gray rob that splattered with white cloud symbols. The figure's face was completed covered over by a large hood only partially showing his face.

"I am Deta. I will be able to answer your questions if they are deemed appropriate." The figure spoke sounding very much like the old sennin, Karubin.

Shin looked up. "Greetings, Deta. I would like for you to meet Bunko Akiyama. I am sure her questions will be modest at best" Shin said.

Deta venerated himself as he gave a slight bow.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Journalist Bunko Akiyama

"I see I see..." replied Akiyama. Her pen scribbled furiously as the Raikage went into superb detail about the entire thing. "So while an amateur at things we take for granted, it inherited the skill that the chakra had been used for. Very cool and I bet weird!" exclaimed the young journalist. But the best part was yet to come. Deta arrived in person and Bunko just had to get up from her seat to examine what it looked like. (If you would be so kind?) And the more questions would be on their way. "Yes... interesting. All right, I guess after boasting that he was the ultimate shinobi, I have to ask... Why not make more? If they are simply chakra, and we generate more of the stuff per day, why not make an army of individuals like Deta? Is the process complicated or a fluke?" she asked, trying to guess what kinds of questions her editor would ask. This was her first major interview as it was. "And Deta, is your chakra limited, or do you produce more like humans?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Indeed. It is complicated as I have said. The least you should know is that the process took several years. I would not desire the creation of sentient beings like Deta to be created. I did not create Deta as a weapon but as mean to help us better understand our chakra. There are some that would use them as weapons which we all would not want to see. In fact, Deta was rather reluctant about speaking to you with concern that the public would get some ideas." Shin continued as his gray eyes peered toward Deta.

Deta made no sudden movements keeping his head facing the young journalist. Shin knew that Deta held no ill will toward the woman even though he was incapable of such emotion. At least, Shin could agree with his concern. If anyone were to attempt to replicate the process there would be nothing but dire consequences. Humanity simply was not ready. He only hoped with the rise of biological and technology advancement this nightmare could possibly come true.

"And Deta, is your chakra limited, or do you produce more like humans?"

"It would be incorrect to say that humans produce more chakra. Energy can not be created nor destroyed only displaced or manipulated. However, to answer your inquiry, yes my chakra is limited based on the chakra pool of several strong shinobi. Naturally, it would appear that I have infinite chakra but that is far from the truth. Now I have a question for you Akiyama-san, what do you plan on doing with this article."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Journalist Bunko Akiyama

"Amazing!" Bunko said with fervor, writing the word 'reluctant' down on her notepad. For someone who didn't have human emotion, fear was an emotion, and reluctance was a form of fear. She also wrote in short hand whatever else Shin happened to mention. Just those few sentences brought another question to mind, but that would have to wait until Deta answered.

Of course, the words of the chakra being sparked more inquiries within the journalist, but it was his own question that got her really going. "Holy... Raikage-sama, do you see what is happening?" she said with a peppy tone in her voice. She wrote the word 'curious' down on her notebook underneath reluctant. "Your creation is generating emotions. Curiosity and Reluctance are just the beginning. It means he is worried about something. He really is almost human isn't he..." she said while peering at him for a few moments. "Oh right, you wanted to know about the article. Well I work for mom and pop weekly magazine, and they have a 'Today In Science' article that I have the privilege of publishing in. You words will be translated into something fun to read for the ever day citizen. Shedding light on just how mysterious and amazing chakra is. I mean, since normal people don't really understand it, this should help them learn." she said with a confident smile.

Thinking back to questions that were raised in her head, she continued with the interview. Deta mentioned human's not being able to produce more chakra, which was rather interesting. "It is my understanding that an individual can exhaust their chakra, but then have it again in a couple days. Deta, how might we explain that to our readers? Also, children are seen with less chakra than a grown man, what about that?" she questioned and then looked to Shin. "Did you consider that Deta might turn into an even more complex being when you created him? I guess what I am asking, is, is it possible for Deta to conceive himself as a greater being and look down upon humanity?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin couldn't not stop but chuckle at the girl's remark. "My apologies, I must have escaped me to mentiond that Deta merely copies the personality of his creators. He does not exhibit emotions but simply mimics them so don't be overzealous with your analysis." Shin said as he waved his hand effacing her statements. "He is adapting my personality at the moment but he does entertains other personalities to better communicate with humans. I should not have said reluctant considering I did not frighten you but Deta has eight-five percent certainty that this article will propose a problem."

There was brief moment of silence before Akiyama spoke again.

"Oh right, you wanted to know about the article. Well I work for mom and pop weekly magazine, and they have a 'Today In Science' article that I have the privilege of publishing in. You words will be translated into something fun to read for the ever day citizen. Shedding light on just how mysterious and amazing chakra is. I mean, since normal people don't really understand it, this should help them learn." she said with a confident smile.

"Yes, that was my basic analysis after I initially scanned your profile. However, such small organization forward their information to clients that are associated with conglomerate organization. In fact, after the war there has been 10% increase in market diversity shifting from public to private. In the next couple of years this rate will increase given specific parameters are invariant. However, I have ascertained this probability so even if it does come to it we will be better prepared."

She remained curious as she moved onto her next questions.

"It is my understanding that an individual can exhaust their chakra, but then have it again in a couple days. Deta, how might we explain that to our readers? Also, children are seen with less chakra than a grown man, what about that?" she questioned and then looked to Shin. "Did you consider that Deta might turn into an even more complex being when you created him? I guess what I am asking, is, is it possible for Deta to conceive himself as a greater being and look down upon humanity?"

"It would be simply to compare chakra like the wind it can move turbines and it could calm rivers yet it never stays in one place, so is chakra. Given what has been said, it would be incorrect to assume that grown human adults have less chakra than children, merely adults have a better grasp at directing this energy. Despite, the advantage that adults posses above young children, children do not have the same physical degeneration that humans eventual suffer, therefore they have a better potential in harnessing that energy. This explains why children are more suitable to become shinobi than adults." Deta remarked remaining meticulous and succinct in every word.

"No, that is misconception that most people believe in fact this 'I am the greatest' philosophy is a behavior only inherited by humans. Fortunately, chakra is completely independent from humans." Shin responded. Shin peered at the wooden analog clock at the door noting the time that has elapsed since the beginning of the interview. "Perhaps, we should conclude this session and continue it another time if you feel you need to ask more questions. I am expected to speak with a few clients who will be forwarding some potential missions for the village."

[[Leaving Topic after Akiyama]]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Journalist Bunko Akiyama

With all that was said, Bunko made sure to write what she needed down. The whole chakra thing was still kind of confusing to her, but she was no shinobi. No doubt that if any of the ninja in the village were to read her article, that they would have better understanding of what he was talking about. However, just when things were getting good, Shin had to cute the interview short as he had previous appointments. Had it really been that long. Small Bunko Akiyama frowned at how her time had run out. "Ah shucks. Well all right, thank you for your time Raikage-sama. I hope you read my article!" she said with a smile before departing from the conference room.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back