Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

It is Time to Discuss! [Medic Branch Only Please]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Basic Knowledge:
Birth/Real Name: Kanemoto Akujin
Adopted Name: Byakko Kyūji
Alias: Mikisugi Kyūji
Physical Age: 24
Height: 5 feet 10 inches tall
Weight: ????
Day of Birth: October 5th
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Village: Sunagakure, Formerly Iwagakure
Alignment: ????
Religion: Agnostic
Skin tone: Well he was white but now he is darker like all of Kuro's clan apparently. He is not black, but has a tan I would say.
Eyes: Golden(They glow yellow in some situations) and they are feline-like eyes
Glasses: Not anymore, corrected visions through taking the Byakko Oath
Hair: Long, straight and white. I suppose if you would like a reference image look at Inuyasha.
Hands and feet: He has normal feet, but his hands are cat-like claws.
Markings/Tattoos: Silver-white markings formed around his left hand and forearm; also Byakko Tenshi seal is on his back.
Other features: Neko-ears
Relationship: Betrothed to the Head of the Byakko Clan
Looks Like: Dark Mousy from Dark Angel​

It was a cool, crisp Saturday evening in the Wind Country and the newest medical shinobi to the branch and descendant of Byakko had called a meeting to the branch to meet at 7 PM tonight in the conference of the Hospital to discuss the future of the branch and to discuss, suggest, and conjure up a structure for their branch since there was no medical sennin for the branch and Kyuji and only a few other people were actually leading the branch. He had come far since joining the Hidden Sand though from being accepted into the village to leading an exam for Kumoni and teaching class while working at the hospital and the Byakko Infirmary. Was he tired? Yes. Was he in pain? Aside from Riyota shoving a kunai into his shoulder to break it and then having surgery on it, he was quite peachy. But the importance of tonight was not to reflect on his life, but to push this branch forward. He had sent out a letter to all the medical shinobi, including the ones in training, telling them about the meeting and when to meet. He was just waiting in the room at the end of the conference table sitting with his hands to his face and a tablet for notes and ideas sitting on the desk. He had no idea who would show up tonight but he would wait and hope and pray that someone showed up.

His plan was to call the Kazekage after the branch had talked to get his approval and hopefully everyone and everything would work out.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kumomi received a request to meet with Kyuji-Sensei and the rest of the branch to help plan out how they want they branch to go into the future. She had many questions about this herself and she was excited to officially meet everyone. The young Kunoichi made her way into the hospital and smiled at the receptionist. Today she was in a rather unusual uniform for her. She was wearing a light purple dress and a bright pink hijab. Kumomi found her way to the conference room where she would see Kyuji. She smiled to him, waving with a single hand before entering, and taking her seat.

"Hello Senpai."<i></i>

She made it to the seat to Kyuji's right and sat down. She pulled out a scroll, a brush, and an inkwell from her side bag. As she unraveled the blank scroll a small caterpillar puppet crawled out from under her dress and made it's way to sit beside the inkwell. She was ready to take notes and learn more about the village's medical branch.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed some people were always destined to be in a rush. Clutched in one hand was the memo of summons while the other held her wrist up to her face to check the time. It was 6:30pm and they were just getting to the hospital. It had been a day off for Yume, one spent in study and attempting to organize her new research space. She had decided to put her practical work on hold and had taken to hypothesizing for her next experiment. Perched on her shoulders was her fennec fox that sleepily watched the world as it raced by. In contrast to the mednin, it was very rare for CuRua to be in a hurry to do anything.

Oi, neesan. We'll be there on time. Slow down. Besides, you were practically running the medical branch for awhile. They can cut you some slack.

There is no room in this world for mediocrity, CooRoo, and I never came close to running the branch. Miago did but even she focused more on shifting and left people to govern themselves. We've been in a sad shape for awhile.

The doors parted at their entrance and they hurried through the halls. It always felt weird to be in the hospital in her civilian clothes rather than her doctor's whites but people recognized her all the same, giving her a wave or a smile as she passed which was returned in kind. Reaching her office she steps in and closes the door behind her, pulling a shade over the glass pane in the middle of the portal. Walking to an alcove set behind her desk, she pulls out a spare uniform and changes with the ease of someone who had done this more times that she would care to admit. Combing her hair with her fingers, she plaits her tresses in an asymmetrical french braid that starts from the left side of her head and curls around to the right, leaving the resulting tail to drape over her shoulder. Her bangs would be neatly pinned back and by the time she emerged from her office, she looked like the epitome of offical. White sleveless vest with red piping hugged her form while her legs were clad in white capris. On her feet were soft soled white shoes that looked very much like what the nurses wore. She preferred to work in comfort rather than in style.

The meeting room was down the hall from the doctor's offices and it took her no time at all to arrive with her fox trotting along at her feet. She gave a courteous wave to the Medic at the head of the board table whom she could only assume was the facilitator before taking a seat a few seats down and opposite to the apprentice. A familiar scent reaches the Inuzuka and it brings a smile to her lips as she gives a polite nod to the MiT.

Kumomi. I don't think I've had the chance to welcome you to the Medical branch. How are you finding the field?

~~~***~~~
[Enter Miago Tsukiko]

D80ymT0.jpg

It was a talent of the senior mednin to be able to tune out everything around her and focus when it came to reading. The hectic chaos of the Emergency room blurred into white noise as she skimmed the memo again. A team meeting? Seriously? Rubbing her face, she crams the paper into her lab coat pocket with a grumble. As long as it wasn't something to boost morale or 'team building' exercises, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Leaving instructions with the head nurse as to her where abouts, she heads to the designated room with a sway of her hips, the click of her heels announcing her arrival. Before her death experience, she had been very cheerful and relatively casual in her appearance. After being revived, something had broke inside, likely where her soul should have been, and she had become a little more hedonistic. Her knit blue blouse had a ruffle that framed her throat along a plunged V neckline that drew the eye down to a tight charcoal pencil skirt that barely reached her knees. In fact, if she did her lab coat up, it would almost look like she was wearing nothing at all. Hands on her hips, she looks over every one, giving a nod to Yume to acknowledge her peer. Which reminded her; she should probably give Shinji a call sometime.

Unable to recognize either of the other Mednin, one of which was probably no more than an intern, she approaches the man at the head of the table and squares her shoulders, drawing herself up to her full 5'6” height. Extending her hand, she tilts her head, giving the impression that she might have been looking down on them. The air around her was one of pretense and gave the impression that she had better places to be. Her other arm crosses her body to rest on the crook of her elbow, allowing her to cross her arms when the shake was finished.

Miago Tsukiko. Senior ER medical attendant.

For all of her style, it was clear that she was lacking in the more refined skills of a lady, particularly the ones involving modesty and tact. Circling the table, she takes a place at the far end and sits down, her hem sliding up to her mid thigh and crossing her legs.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Kimi's father passed along the message that she was needed at a meeting, she was in the middle of feeding a kitten whose mother discarded him. Instead of leaving the kitten, after all he was too small to be on his own, she took him with her to the hospital. As she arrived, it was plain that she had been working with animals all day. Kimi had healing scratches on her arms from the kitten's mother, who did not want her taking the small kitten, even though she didn't want him. The nursing staff pointed her in the right direction and as she arrived at the door, she smelled five distinct scents. She recognized at least two.

She walked into the meeting room, a feeding kitten in her arms, and smiled brightly at Yume and CuRua. Katsu and Kora dashed in after her, panting softly. "Sorry I'm late guys. Things have been a little crazy this morning. Oh, and don't mind this little fella," she said, lifting up the kitten in her arms slightly as he finished his bottle. "I'll keep an eye on him if I decide to let him down on the table."

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Situating in his seat, he would crack his knuckles waiting for the room to begin to fill up as he had brought headsets along for this special occasion as he had a plan. This little plan would be revealed to the rest of the medical branch after the ones that would choose to come to the meeting had showed up. It wouldn't take too long as the bodies would begin to head into the room starting with his apprentice, Kumoni. He would nod to her with a smile as the next medic would follow bearing a unique combination of turquoise hair and green eyes that would catch his attention along with her fox. She would make some talk to Kumoni before Miago Tsukiko made her entrance into the room and then the last two bodies it appeared that would be coming came in the form of a darker skinned female with a little kitty cat and two adult sized tigers. He would smile to her and her pets as he did to everyone else before sliding headsets to each human in the room before placing his own headset onto his head adjusting it as he saw fit.

He would then rise to his feet and politely bow to the group before smiling at them and saying with an upbeat in his tone: "Welcome! Let's get started as we have a lot to cover today and we don't have a moment to waste! I have given each of you a headset so please adjust the headset to fit to your likening and then turn to channel xxx which is the medic branch's channel. Since not everyone can come to the meeting due to duties, operations, or what have they...this is the easiest way to communicate with the most amount of medics at once even if they are on duty as they all have their headsets with them." He would then sit down at the end of the table adjusting the headset once again due to his bow and turning to the proper channel before looking over at Kumoni's scroll and little puppet. This was good that someone was going to actually mark this meeting down and he would note that Kumoni would use her puppets to conceal the information for later use for the branch.

He would then return his gaze to the whole room, sighing heavily, before beginning to speak. "Alright, let's begin. So, it is apparent that we do not have a Sennin for our branch and this has caused our branch to be disorganized and quite honestly being pulled multiple ways. I feel like we should nominate someone as the Sennin even if temporary until our Kazekage can assign one or until we have a definite candidate. Do any of you want to throw your name into the mix for Sennin? I personally will put my name in, but I don't have as much experience in this hospital as others. I do have prior experience in the Hidden Stone if that place even exists anymore and I also co-run the Byakko Infirmary with Lady Yanshi."

He would then look back at Kumoni smiling at her and saying as nice as possible: "I see you have your scroll out. Please do write down everything and use your little puppets to keep the information as well since we will need to have this information stored for the future as the branch and as a village." He would then turn back to everyone with his eyes closing, arms crossing and a smile on his face. This meeting had a special vibe to it that he never felt before and he couldn't get the sensation off his body for some reason. He was feeling quite excited, but also a little worried for some odd reason. Nerves maybe? Who knew!

[OOC: Have fun! Also I don't care about posting order so if you want to wait or post whenever you can, that's fine with me :3]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
another kunoichi entered the room, and she seemed to have a... um... perhaps a pet fox? Nevertheless she had a fox with her, and this woman would address Kumomi directly. With a smile on her face she would stand up to show respect to the medical ninja. "Hello, I am rather enjoying it to be honest. Kyuji-Senpai has helped me quite a bit and I have found that my particular talents matches well with what has been asked of me so far. I am still looking forwards to a greater challenge though."<i></i> She halfway glanced at her sensei. "Afterall broken bones are an easy fix, isn't that right?"<i></i> She asked that rhetorically knowing she probably wasn't going to get an answer from her sensei. "So, excuse me miss, I don't believe I caught your name."<i></i>

As more people entered the room she recognized the woman with the tigers. She smiled to herself for it had been some time since speaking to Kimi, and so much has happened that she was essentially a different person now. Turning her attention back to her sensei she received her headset and was kinda odd about it. It was going to be hard to put it on and keep her hair hidden so she kinda just placed it on her hijab. She giggled slightly because of how ridiculous she had to look, but she was going to wait until she was in her own privacy to put on the headset correctly. Raising her hand to adjust the channel the other hand hovered over the puppet and the scroll. She surged some chakra into the puppet turning it on. She quickly grabbed her quill and dipped it into the ink and began taking notes of everything said by the group.
Medical Discussion Scroll -1 said:
"مرحبا! دعونا نبدأ كما لدينا الكثير لتغطية اليوم، ونحن لم يكن لديك لحظة لتضيع! لقد أعطيت كل واحد منكم سماعة لذا يرجى ضبط سماعة الرأس لتتناسب مع لتشبيه الخاصة بك ومن ثم تتحول إلى قناة الثلاثون التي هي قناة فرع مسعف و. وبما أنه لا يمكن لأي شخص أن يأتي إلى الاجتماع بسبب واجبات، والعمليات، أو ما هم ... وهذا هو أسهل وسيلة للتواصل مع اكبر قدر من الاطباء في وقت واحد حتى لو كانوا في الخدمة لأنها جميعا سماعات معهم ".

"حسنا، دعونا نبدأ. لذا، فمن الواضح أننا لم يكن لديك مجلس المستشارينلفرعنا وهذا تسبب في فرعنا إلى أن منظمة وتماما بصدق يتم سحبها بطرق متعددة. أشعر أننا يجب أن ترشيح شخص مثل مجلس المستشارينحتى لو مؤقتة حتى يمكن لنا مسافر خبير تعيين واحد أو حتى لدينا مرشح واضح. هل أي من تريد رمي اسمك في مزيج مجلس المستشارين؟ أنا شخصيا سوف يضع اسمي في، ولكن ليس لدي خبرة كبيرة كما هو الحال في هذا المستشفى كما الآخرين. لدي خبرة سابقة في الحجر المخفية إذا كان هذا المكان حتى وجود بعد الآن، وأنا أيضا شاركت في تشغيل مستوصف النمر الأبيضمع سيدة يانشى ".

"أرى أنك التمرير الخاص بها. من فضلك أكتب كل شيء، واستخدام الدمى الخاص بك قليلا للحفاظ على المعلومات وكذلك لأننا سوف تحتاج إلى هذه المعلومات المخزنة في المستقبل في الفرع وكقرية".

Her hand wrote quickly and in the language of the Runic Terran and as she wrote the caterpillar puppet would be using the Kugutsu Clan's Art of the Micro-Puppet: Caterpillar Copy Jutsu. It was coded so that these message could only be read by a select few within the village. She turned her attention to her Sensei before smiling at him and nodding as to second the notion of making him at least the impromptu Sennin.

((OoC: The Runic Terran will be recording everything said and quite possible actions of the group if Kumomi feels as if the action is note worthy. If you do not have access to Runic Terran please remember that there are steps to learning it and it is not common knowledge.))

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi pet the little kitten as she listened to Kyuji speak. Her headset was put on easily and flipped to the correct channel after she set the kitten on the table. She would need to modify the headset to attach to her general radio somehow. Her usual headset was modified so that it stayed out of the way from being caught on little kitty claws. That reminded her, had she caught his name? Scouring through her memories, she realized that she hadn't heard it, but she saw it on an invitation sent from the Toraono clan. He asked them if any of them would put their name forward to possibly be the new Sennin.

"Just saying, being head of our branch is just not in my wheel house at the moment. Heading up our veterinary sector and learning to be a clan head is about what I can handle. Not to mention the whole moving to topside thing."

She pulled a small piece of string from her coat and absentmindedly dangled it in front of the little Norwegian Forest kitten.

"Oh! That reminds me, my father sends his apologies for not making it to this meeting, he has to oversee the building of a compound up-top."

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His eyes would remain closed as he listened to the females make small talk to one another. Kumoni was taking the most direct and positive route in response to Miago Tsukiko's questioning on how she felt about the branch with a little tease towards Kyuji. The descendant of Byakko would hear the comment and just smile to acknowledge that he heard her loud and clear, but he was not going to comment on it as it was honestly embarrassing that an academy student had been able to break his shoulder. Granted, it was Riyota who was using a curse seal, but still he was just a baby in the ninja department compared to the seasoned veteran Kyuji. His eyes would remain close as he could hear Kumoni writing on her scroll and her little creatures making their own noise emissions. Of course, the writing would be in Runic Terran that he could not read, but he had to admit it was wise writing in the old language as foreigners would not have easy access to their information and would waste precious time trying to decode the language into their modernized system that they spoke.

At this point, his eyes would open again to the darker toned figure holding that precious kitty that instantly made him feel warm and fuzzy inside. But, he needed to focus and he would nod at her declining the position of Sennin and apologizing to him which he simply nodded and said: "No problem!" The other two females in the room had decided to keep quiet possibly because they were shy or they didn't actually have any input on the Sennin matter. In either case, Byakko Kyuji just shrugged his shoulders as he shifted to a new topic for the group. "It appears I will be the temporary Sennin. I am fine with that! But moving right along, I think as a branch that we need to be generalized in education to our medics-in-training and we should all have the same basic training on being a medic. However, I also think we should each try to specialize in an unique path that would help the village and be our specialty that we focus on. I personally believe that you, Kumoni, should focus on your research and development as you have created some exceptional products that I believe we should be able to utilize when the time is right. As for you, Miss Tsukiko, I think you should continue to work in the ER and try to specialize in that area as you have a talent of working under stressful situations and your reports are phenomenal from what I have read so far. As for you, yes, the one with the tigers and the kitten. You seem to have a knack with animals so why don't you continue heading the veterinary sector. That leaves me to decide but for now I will just generalize in all areas to assist yous. As for our turquoise colored friend, you haven't truly said anything so I have no idea what you are thinking or planning to do. What do you think?" His eyes would close again as he awaited their responses. These were going to definitely be quite, surprising and interesting for them to all answer.

[OOC: We gotta keep this moving.]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Medical Discussion Scroll -2 said:
"فقط أقول، أن يكون رئيس فرعنا الجديد هو ليس فقط في المنزل عجلة بلدي في الوقت الراهن. ويرأس قطاع الطب البيطري لدينا والتعلم ليكون رئيس العشيرة هو حول ما يمكن التعامل معها. ناهيك كلها تتحرك لشيء ظهر المركب." - Kimi

"يبدو سأكون Sennin مؤقت. أنا بخير مع ذلك! ولكن تتحرك على طول الحق، وأعتقد أن كفرع أننا بحاجة إلى تعميمها في التعليم لدينا مسعفون في التدريب وكلنا يجب أن يكون نفس التدريب الأساسي على كونه طبيب. ومع ذلك، وأعتقد أيضا أننا ينبغي أن تحاول كل لتتخصص في مسار فريدة من نوعها من شأنها أن تساعد في القرية ويكون تخصصنا أن نركز عليها. وأنا شخصيا أعتقد أن لكم، Kumoni، ينبغي أن تركز على البحث والتنمية، كنت قد أنشأت بعض المنتجات الاستثنائية التي أعتقد أننا يجب أن تكون قادرة على الاستفادة عندما يحين الوقت المناسب. أما بالنسبة لكم، وملكة جمال Tsukiko، أعتقد أنك يجب أن نواصل العمل في غرفة الطوارئ ومحاولة متخصصون في هذا المجال لديك موهبة العمل في ظل ظروف ضاغطة والتقارير والهائل من ما قرأت حتى الآن. أما بالنسبة لكم، نعم، واحد مع النمور والقط. يبدو أنك لديك موهبة مع الحيوانات حتى لماذا لا تستمر رئاسة قطاع الطب البيطري، وهذا يترك لي أن تقرر لكنه الآن وسوف نعمم فقط في جميع المجالات لمساعدة يوس. أما بالنسبة لفيروز الملونة صديق، ليس لديك حقا وقال أي شيء لذلك ليس لدي أي فكرة عما كنت تفكر أو تخطط لذلك. ما رأيك؟" -Kyuji
<i></i>

Kumomi would let out a sigh as she stretched her hand slightly. She looked over to Kyuji with a question in mind. "If the Omni Prime Medical Facility Staff are being split into these three sectors: Research & Development, Veterinary Studies, and Emergency Response, then should there be Captains for each sub-branch? I believe that all medical staff in the facility should be able to act as a general physicianist and even engage in routine surgical needs but if we are wanting to focus on these three divisions then someone should be the direct line to you as our Sennin..."<i></i> Her voice would trail off after talking, she was new to the branch but she had records of how it used to be run. This was something that was common but maybe she was speaking out of line in this manner.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Everything seemed so familiar and yet he had no idea where he was. The old looking man shrouded in a ratty long medical coat and a wide-brimmed hat shuffled down the street before all the broken and banged up buildings as he moved his way around trying to get his barrings. Whomever had discovered him in the basement of his old housed and helped him get back on his feet had mentioned that he was named Tama and had once been a mildly respected scientist and man of the military; which was something he couldn’t even fathom looking at his bony hands. The person pulled him up from the hole and brought him some soup after handing him what remained of his clothes; a pair of large slacks, a button-up long sleeve shirt, the coat and his hat. Everything engulfed his body and the scientist had to cut a new notch into a belt just to keep his pants on. After leaving the food the figure disappeared, almost magically it seemed, and the frail man decided he needed to know where he was. Now about a couple kilometers from his house the first thing he had eaten since he had been put into his coma wasn’t settling too well on a stomach that hadn’t had a need to be used. His skinny hand wrapped around a near-by pole that had worn out wooden signs with words carved into them to help get those lost to their destination. He clutched at his chest with the spare hand as his breath became a little short all of a sudden and his eye began to hurt again.
He had no idea why it was in such pain. All he knew was that he couldn’t open it for the pain of even trying couldn’t be described. His one good eye, blue and slightly glazed over as if he had just woke up, looked at the blurry boards above him to see exactly where he was. It was then that he noticed the words “Omni-Prime” and a jolt of memories attacked his conscious. He could see the white floors, oddly familiar faces with no names attached, and once again those strong hands; this time gloved and working on a surgery. His heart raced as pictures of Okibi flashed there briefly before everything went back to the present. Drawing a deep breath Tama released the pole and turned in the direction of the hospital and began to slowly shuffle his way forward. It seemed to hold a piece of this mystery.

After nearly an hour of walking, stopping to catch his breath, and more walking he arrived at the steps of the medical facility and craned his neck up to look at the, compared to everything else, mild damage on to the large building. He lifted his foot and placed it’s bare bottom against the concrete step and felt more memories flooding his brain. All the time he had spent studying by candle light...all the research he had poured his soul into to reverse something terrible done to him...and the entire time he kept seeing strong young hands that were obviously not his own. By the time he had reached the front door he could recall most of what and why he was learning but still had no clue as to who he really was or how he ended up in this current shape.

Minutes after walking in and looking around a nurse ran up to him with a beaming look of hope in her eyes. She was a brunette standing at five feet and eight inches, dwarfed nearly compared to him, with her hair pulled into a bun. She wore the traditional medical outfit with a lab coat over the scrub uniform. It was obvious she recognize him while he searched so hard to try and remember her as to not be, at the least, rude. However he never got the chance to embarrass himself as the nurse took his ratty lab coat that he had wrapped around his body and began to drag him into the building,
We’ve been wondering where you’ve been all this time Mr. Ryuu! Some of us were afraid you had ran off or been killed in the attacks, but thank the faithful you’re still breathing the same moldy air as the rest of us! I’m sure you’re here for the meeting that all the majors have been called for, right? Of course you are, duh,” she said followed by a soft giggle, “I have to say though you look like a mess...are you okay? Oh, nevermind that question, we’re here already!

Before the frail scientist could protest he pushed into a room with a circle of people sitting around a table that was clearly in a meeting. His good eye scanned the room reflexively and took in his surroundings. Without even being able to explain why he knew he was in a room full of people who could kill him with the flick of a wrist; never mind the tigers sitting next to one of the women. He started to take a step back before the nurse pushed a hand against his back and shoved him in further,

Looking forward to your input!” she chimed and pointed to a headset she had cleverly hidden in her hair before stepping back and quietly closing the door. Tama stood before this new audience without really any idea as to why. All he could do was pull down the brim of his hat to shadow his face and take a seat at the table and hope no one would call him out.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miago Tsukiko:

Taking the apparatus from her coworker, Tsukiko slips it over her head and tunes to the requested channel. She listens with a bored expression until a natural lull comes to the meeting. Uncrossing her legs, she leans forward on the table, pushing out her chest slightly and interjects before Yume can speak.

Just because you're unopposed doesn't mean you get to be Sennin, temporary or otherwise. I'd put my name in but you're right, I'd rather be taking care of the ER and I'm certain my personality doesn't have the right “fit” for politics. Besides, no one in this room has the authority to give official titles. Sousuke isn't here an no other Sennin has jurisdiction in medical matters.

Manicured nails put heavy air quotes around the word as she stated her opinion with feigned indifference. Despite her frequent eye rolls and terse nature, Tsukiko cared more than she dared to admit about the hospital and all of its inner workings. Just because she had no soul didn't mean she forgot what it felt like when she did.

Sagasu Yume:

Sincerest apologies, Kumomi. We met briefly on the surface. I am Sagasu Yume and this is CuRua

Yume passed the headset on to Tsukiko before taking her own from her bag and hooking it over one ear. Pressing a button, she turns on her earpiece and dials into the channel. A buzz of muffled chatter greeted her as the others on the line were still in the middle of their work day. Some of them would be able to sneak away to a break room but the majority of them were required to do rounds while listening in. Most of the chatter in the room was drowned to the background as the notion of needing a Sennin to the branch was brought up. They had been so long without leadership, Yume had forgotten what it was like to have true order. Shuu had been the last closest figurehead but was not officially recognized as she was a refugee from Mizugakure. Closing her eyes, she enters a meditative state, keeping one ear open to the meeting while turning her mind inward.

You could step into that roll.

No. I couldn't. I'm not exactly the most stable of people.

And Tsukiko is?

She won't put her name forward and she has never locked herself in a research facility when her village needed her the most

All the more reason for you to put your name out there. This branch needs someone who is impassioned by the work and someone who has seen what this village has been through. Remember? Don't let the Cabal break you. You used to be optimistic. Please, Neesan.

He was right. What had happened to that bright eyed woman who believed that everything would turn out the way it was supposed to? The last year had taken its toll without her even noticing. Opening her eyes as she is addressed, she looks at Kyuji with sombre emeralds. She was about to speak when Tsukiko interjected with her remarks, leaving the Inuzuka to wait her turn with a pointed stare. The women had worked together long enough that social discourtesies held no weight but it was fun to act the part.

If you're done, Miago. I am thinking that I would like to put my name forward as well. I have been in this branch both in R&D and physician capacities and would like to see it thrive. If not as sole, at least in a joint endeavour. I agree with you regarding specialization, however it would be best to allow them to choose. I doubt your elections would be questioned as it suits their personalities however especially in the instance of Kumoni, students should be given options to try each section to determine what their calling is.

The students remarks brought a smile to her lips. It would appear that the kunochi required no aide when it came to speaking up. Even with her timid voice, she had well thought out suggestions. Just as Yume was beginning to feel comfortable in the meeting another presence entered the room. The odor was fetid and unkempt but the undertones were still recognizable as their owner. Fists balled and eyes closed, she takes a deep breath before loosing one hand and muting her mic so that only those in the room could hear except for the snippets that might be picked up on another's mic.

Ryuu Tama. I'd recognize your scent anywhere.

She didn't know where to begin. She wanted to chew him out for running off with Okibi when the village could have used them. She wanted to tear him apart for abandoning a child with Sousuke regardless of his nature of conception. She wanted to scream at him for daring to show up at the hospital when he hadn't been heard from in close to a years time. Anger shook her whole body but she held her tongue until she could form thoughts. Nudge from her companion drew her attention as he tried to comfort her, glancing over her shoulder to indicate that she should look before she said anything. Wordlessly she turns and her ire dissipates into maternal instinct.

By the blessed Mother Suna.

All professional and personal differences held for the man were forgotten at the sight of his piteous state. Pulling out a chair, she guides him to sit down before taking his temperature with the inside of her wrist. He was a little clammy but that could have been from the environment, an ailment, or his extensive shuffle to the facility. Without prompting, CuRua ran off and returned in short order with a baggie of soft root cookies, a box of juice, and a bottle of water. What ever issues she had with the man could wait. He needed attending.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The blonde tried to kept a strict view on everything being unable to open his left eye and tried to keep up with the reactions on everyone’s faces since he was just kind of shoved in. Was he really that well known? Some small doubts started to fill his heart but he tried to keep a straight face even if the walk had almost killed him.
Busy trying to keep up with the conversation he missed the flare of anger in Yume’s eyes and that was probably for the best. His natural paranoia was in full swing having been rushed into what seemed like something very important. If he had thought for even a second that she was an enemy he would have put up a full guard and she never would have been able to get near him; thankfully his eyes had missed her scorn.
The sudden reaction to his immediate health did startle him for a second before he realized that she was checking him over. Water, juice, and a snack was brought back by a fox when a sharp pain struck his head. A few picture still images filled his mind’s eye with a slightly younger version of the woman checking his stats; and in every one that fox was with her. She was someone he knew but no name, recognition of who she was, or what she meant to him came to mind.

With somewhat a shake in his head the scientist reached up and grabbed the water bottle and popped open the top. He gently pressed the opening to his dry lips and drank the contents slowly so as not to further hurt his already sore throat. The liquid casually lifted the dryness off his tongue and brought moisture back to the roof of his mouth. He only drank about half of it before setting it back on the table a little heavily and with a deep sigh before a slow deep intake of air. His nerves seemed somewhat more calm now that his thirst had more or less been met. He eyes the little ginger snacks but was wary of any food right now given the state of his stomach when he ate the broth earlier. He nodded in appreciation to Yume’s treatment and he tried to convey an apology with his eyes for not knowing who she was. To him it felt like he was insulting her but he also had no idea if she even realized he couldn’t remember her.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It appeared everything was finally coming into fruition as he was opposed by anyone for the position of Sennin and the group had began to discuss the future of the branch. Unfortunately, his positivity and spirit were crushed shortly after feeling a rush of joy and excitement by not just one other medical shinobi but two! Fortunately, the less experienced medic had thrown her name into the running for Sennin without coming off as a bitch. However, her counterpart and more experienced in her respective field had pretty much made a sense and barked at him about how things were ran in this village. He wanted to open his eyes and tell the doctor to shut her trap if she was going to be in a pissy mood the whole time. But, instead he simply nodded with his eyes still closed though as he heard shuffling coming from the hallway as another figure had made their presence into the room for the meeting. He would listen intently as the new figure would be known as Ryuu Tama coming from the words of Yume herself. "So...another body has joined the discussion. He seems to be staying quiet though like a good little boy should. It is one thing to give your input, but it is another to try to throw your seniority around like this woman is doing. Oh well, I can't change people's personalities...at least not yet..." he would think to himself as he took a deep breath before exhaling it slowly to calm himself down before he embarrassed himself and got himself either arrested or worse executed.

He would crack his neck and knuckles after his thought finished and lean back in his chair putting his hands behind his head for support as he began to talk once again. "I agree that each branch should have a captain of some sort, Kumoni. However, we should probably allow the Kazekage to pick or at least get his approval to select people. If we are to select these three branches and ultimately follow through, I agree that they can lead to the Sennin position. Speaking of the position, I never said that I would just be the Sennin, I meant only temporary until the Kazekage selected someone. We can call him here when we are with this meeting and have him give us the proper interview, Yume." His eyes would then open and look at the new guy in the room. A simple smile and wave would be shown by the descendant of Byakko to the new guy. He would then close his eyes again and said solemnly: "So what else do you all want to discuss today?"

[OOC: Yeah, let's just move along from this post.]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She wasn't looking for recognition as she tended to Tama. After the time that had passed and due to the condition he was in, it was likely that he was in some form of delirium. Upon instructions from Yume, CuRua ensured that water was never out of reach and that simple sugars were in plenty. If he would let them, she would prefer to get him on an IV drip but that would involve admitting him. She guessed if he had made it this far either the nursing staff were incompetent or he had declined care.

She couldn't help but feel that she had struck a chord when opposing Kyuji's nomination. It was exactly why she avoided the position the other times it had been offered to her. Politics were always needlessly messy and there was always someone else who wanted the position. She didn't like the rift that it could cause and she wasn't comfortable reporting to someone who was neither from the village nor familiar to her. Rubbing the side of her head, she urges her brain to think faster than Miago could start speaking. Hearing the woman's panyhose rub slightly, she knew that her coworker was getting restless and restless meant combative. It was getting to the point where she would be needing a cigarette to calm her nerves which also heightened the chances of her becoming aggressive. Despite being a decent doctor, Miago was much easier to deal with before her death-undeath experience.

The solution snapped into focus as the question of other topics was brought up. What was wrong with what they were doing? Why did they need a designated leader?

That's it! Her eyes snapped open as an infectious smile crept over her lips. The expression was warm but spoke of an idea that could hardly be contained. Why do we need a Sennin? Why not have a counsel or a board? We've already discussed the concept of medical chiefs but why bother with hierarchy? As an example, Kimi would lead Veternary, Tsukiko would head ER, Kyuji would facilitate the Physicians and day-to-day hospital, and I could organize R&D. These positions are very much up for discussion as we could all fulfill the requirements but it was just to give an idea of what it could look like. Every board needs a chair which, if you don't mind, Kyuji could fill quite well. When there are meetings to attend we can select which of us will go on behalf of the team.

She braced for rejection, understanding quite well that what she was suggesting was something that had never been done in Suna before as far as she knew. Her teeth found the tip of her tongue, chewing lightly as she waited.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tama's entry would usually have Kimi hopping up to help, but the kitten took the opportunity to try and escape from the table top. Thankfully she was able to catch the silly thing, and- well- she tended to be a little more comfortable treating animals than humans, not that she couldn't treat humans or anything, just didn't really like to do so. After being caught, the kitten decided to climb up her arms and onto her head. Sometimes, even though she was basically part cat, kittens made no sense.

Working under someone was what Kimi was generally used to, but Yume's idea to have a board instead of a head and chiefs made a lot of sense. It was more like how her clan was run, at least somewhat. Yes, they had a head, but they also had a counsel who helped the head make the best decisions for the clan. The largest difference, that she could see, was that, beyond a chairperson, there would be no absolute head.

"I rather agree with Yume. Her idea seems like it would work the best for our current needs. Also, having more than one person able to attend meetings can be helpful if the usual one is busy or injured. It's hard on the entire system if there is no one to take over in the event it is needed."

Having said her piece, Kimi fell silent once more, pulling the Norwegian forest kitten off of her head.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"So they want to continue to talk about this position that I deserve according to Kuro...fine, I suppose I will agree with them, but I am going to the Kazekage right away and getting appointed Sennin." he mentally told himself as he listened to his co-workers' suggestions while showing a smile on his face. In actuality, they were being wise with their resources and in the current state of the branch, it made the most sense logically. But, humans were stubborn creatures and easily got jealous of one another much like the demigod in front of them in the room. He did however enjoy the idea of delegating the roles to the ones in the room and having himself appointed as the figurehead for the branch...at least something was going positive for him today. At least they all were still being civil about everything for now, but that could escalate at any moment.

But, this meeting was pretty much over for the most part and the decision for the branch had been decided. A council would be created and Kyuji would lead it so he won at least a minor moral victory. "You think I would be upset about your suggestion, but you are correct on our status. I think for now it would be wise to not have one person leading everyone but instead have a council of sorts that way anyone can represent our branch in meetings or what not. Good suggestion! Do we have any other ideas to address because if we don't, I think this meeting has come to its conclusion and we can go about doing our duties. We will all meet up in the future routinely to discuss matters and concerns that come up. But, I think we have made reasonable progress today and we will be doing great things from here on as brothers and sisters."

[OOC: It actually is a good idea, but I gotta roleplay the Kyuji way :p
Note: Will be making an exit post in a week if nobody posts anything]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He raised a ginger treat up to his mouth and gently bit down on it. The taste was revolting to his tongue but his mind knew that he needed the nutrients it would provide to help his blood flow. Some more water was followed up to choke down the cookie that seemed to absorb all the liquid in his mouth in an attempt to suffocate Tama.

A High Council sounds like a generally good idea. Should something happen to just the single Sennin during a time of war it would fall on the shoulders of who ever was next highest in command - which could be very detrimental. With a team of people leading the medical decisions, even should one of us fall to battle, we can still run without the chaos and disorder of losing a leader which would minimize the casualties of injury based death. I personally see no reason why we shouldn’t go forward with this idea, however, I do suppose we should also have something of a hierarchy amongst the council as so to keep votes flowing without getting us into too many deadlocks due to mixed opinion.

A noise of one of the chairs squeaking caught his attention and forced his eyes to turn towards the sound in almost a paranoid manner. It was obvious the old man was on edge after being introduced to a room of so many important people so soon after waking up.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, I think we are done here. We will have a council of sorts and I will head it. In my absence, someone else from this room will need to attend the meetings. We will meet up at a later date and discuss anything else that we can come up with. Good work today, Guys. Meeting over, back to work!" he would say with a smile on his face and a fake happy tone in his voice. His headset would get turned off and he would put it back into its proper spot on him before bowing to everyone and walking out of the room into his office and locking the door behind him. This was not going to fly with Kyuji, nope not at all. He would finish his rounds for the day and go find the Kazekage real soon.

[Topic Left Due to Inactivity.
Notes: We all agreed IC that we are doing a Council, we will have another thread later.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back