Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Jutsu Hustling[Priv][Tutor]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii would be an academy teacher soon. She would have students, classes, a schedule and maybe even a teaching plan. It hardly seemed real that the Main Branch Sennin would trust someone like her with the future studies of Kumogakure's youth. He could trust her, sure, but she wasn't exactly the scholarly type. Shouldn't there have been some sort of gruelling testing process? Did they know she would just be ad-libbing when there wasn't super-neat jutsu to teach? At least they should have checked to make sure the many years on the road hadn't jumbled her reasoning.

The Jounin's new profession wouldn't begin right away as the head mistress was still rearranging classes to fit Yuii's 'expertise' in. She probably could have asked for advanced pay, Ayumu was a pretty cool guy and would understand, but Yuii already felt like he was giving her hand-outs. Better, she decided, to get some practice in before she had to teach the untaught. She could tutor, she settled on, but not the young ones that were in her future. Genin or Chuunin would be better. At least they had been educated enough to know how to learn. Her particular unpractised teaching methods might go over well with them and then she could tweak it for the littler ones.

It was as easy as expressing an interest in teaching, Yuii found out. Surprisingly there seemed to be a shortage of instructors and it wouldn't be difficult to find an interested shinobi or two. The little Jounin had been lucky perhaps to have a mentor all to herself through her early years as a shinobi. She only had to dictate where and when she would be available so that the Main Branch coordinator could advertise on her behalf. The forest was the best place, it was where Yuii liked to train, and she could meet whoever showed up at the edge of the woods.

And that was where Yuii sat now, pondering the back of her hand between earnest glances towards the village. She looked more like a vagabond than a teacher with her un-kept appearance and relaxed posture. As a jounin she probably should have been making a greater effort to look her rank but she just couldn't care. One could be excused for thinking she had just returned from the forest and was taking a break; if not for the eager way she searched the horizon for incomers. At least she had been sure to arrive early to avoid missing anyone.

WC:418

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He stared at her with eyes wide open from the edge of the forest, silently, with his head partially leaning to the left like a dog trying to understand his master. It was still early, too early for a walk perhaps, but Kumori didn’t really have much to do during the day, and so he had gotten into the habit of walking around looking for funny or interesting things. It had all started with a grey yarn ball, and now it was the woman standing at the edge of the forest.

He decided not to step forward, not yet at least. For all he knew, the woman could be a kidnapper. He had heard many stories while eavesdropping on old men who were too drunk to care who was listening. There had been many accounts across the years of crazy medic shinobi who had a thing for kidnapping children in order to test the latest medical advancement, or weird forbidden jutsu. In fact, he had heard that his cousin, Otsuki Jun, had falling victim to one of these. Kumori was not a kid anymore… but he was equally scared. Ever since his parents died, he had been alone; and loneliness only taught him one thing… humans are unpredictable and capable of the worst things imaginable. He really hoped the happy-looking girl at the edge of the forest was not one of them.

“What are you?” – he slowly approached, staring deep into the woman’s eyes in an attempt to appreciate even her smallest reaction to his weird looks. Kumori was not your average teenaged shinobi. While most people tried their best to look strong and menacing at his age, he only cared for two things. He wanted to be comfortable, and he wanted everybody to notice him… though for some reason hardly anyone did.

“Those who only search for attention, never actually get it.” - his mother used to say when he was young… but whatever… someone also said that if you didn’t try, you would never succeed. Kumori tried alright… he tried from his silver and gold piercings, to his tattoos covering his arms, all the way to the cloth patches stitched to his face and the colored paper glued to random spots in his body. The only thing he did not ever change was his clothes. He really liked being comfortable, which is why he did not even carry ninja tools or have extra pockets.

Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The sun shined brightly as he stepped out of the house, his face bathed in light as he tied his shoelace and closed the door. He made his way towards the outskirts of the village, towards the forest where he was designated for his class. His older brother was away in a mission of some sort while Ronin and Kaori were still sleeping it seems, he didn't bother to check them. He was curious to his teacher, there was no introduction of sort, only the given time and place when he was informed. Besides, being in class will always beat being in a life-risking mission. Even if it pays well, he doesn't really want to risk his life unless completely necessary. They would always say to protect your village but then, who would protect them if you waste away in a silly mission.

A few minutes of running and walking, the forest line within his sight. He took a deep breath before he started walking towards it. In mere seconds he found himself surrounded by trees that overshadowed him. Rays of life penetrating through the leaves guided him. The place was serene and quiet, quite the opposite when it comes to those brutal missions and despite the odd choice of venue, getting to learn something from someone always excited him, like a kid opening presents - you'll never know what you'll get. Perhaps today he'll get to play with some weapons and do some neat Taijutsu or maybe even learn cool handseal combinations and fancy some new Ninjutsu to show off in the future. Regardless, his excitement won't do any good if he couldn't find his instructor in the first place.

Another few minutes of aimless walking and he saw a fresh trail beneath him, it was fairly recent and perhaps he might be on the right track. May it be an animal or human, he has yet to see any signs of life since he entered the forest. Passing through the shrubs and a few wooden underpasses, he saw two figures in a distance. He couldn't make up of their faces but they're definitely human by the looks of it. Heading his way, he saw a man with unusual features all over his face and a woman with goggles on her head and a scarf. He stopped as soon as he was near them, enough for them to see him and enough for Mori to see them. "Sorry, was I late?" He chuckled scratching his head.

[MFT @ 417 WC]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii was getting weary of waiting. Maybe no one had been interested? Maybe she ought to have double or triple checked before she committed herself to loitering about. Would there have been a messenger bird to tell her if now one was coming? How much longer should she wait? Was it weird that she was just standing here?

The shinobi shifted her weight between her feet uncomfortably. Was teaching always going to be like this or were students forced to show up? How horrid if she was always left with empty seats. Ayumu would surely fire her if no one wanted to take her classes and then Yuii would die poor and destitute. Or she would have to live on the tiny pittance she made bringing the Sennin sweets.

There were people staring at her now. Was it was strange to just hang around the entrance to a place? Did they think she was up to no good? Did robbers sit around like this? Yuii wasn't a robber! She would swear on all the gods she wasn't but she didn't have a scrap of proof. She could just tell them she was a teacher, except then she would need to prove THAT. How mortifying would it be to have to call up Ayumu to prove her credentials! The Jounin was used to being stared at by children, the places she had travelled weren't used to the sight of strangers.

The trouble with seeing ghosts was that sometimes you mistook the dead for the living. Yuii had been caught chatting with the ethereal beings before. Difficult to explain that off. Less rarely she mistook a living person for dead. The strange boy though, she just couldn't tell. He had been one of the people staring but he was very open about it. By her experience, people didn't really like drawing attention to themselves like that.

It didn't surprise her when he actually approached, but he very solid looking body did perplex her. "Oh look at you," Yuii exclaimed cheerfully, not quite certain what to make of the odd boy. Being stared at made like this was making her a little uncomfortable; most people didn't try and make eye contact like this.

"I- what?" What was she? What kind of question was that? Yuii was Yuii, couldn't he tell. "I'm... people? What are you?" She answered, clearly confused. Was this one of today's students? Who else would approach her so blatantly. Oh Raiden, if this was the only kid she had to teach she was probably in for an interesting day.

Yuii was relieved when the other boy approached. Finally, an actual student. She hadn't been rejected; her life wasn't over! A quick check of her watch and the blue haired woman grinned sheepishly. All the worrying for nothing. She HAD been early after all; that was on her. "Right on time!" It struck her that the pair were very different creatures. One was dark and, well, strange while the other was blond and seemed cheerful enough.

"Well! Let's go then." She declared, ushering the pair towards the trees,"Off into the forest. How about water Ninjutsu? I bet the trees would like a water in this weather. Or wind? We'll have to find a clearing for earth so maybe that will be the next instalment. Can't go tearing up trees, someone will make a fuss about having to fix them. I like a good fire jutsu as much as the next person but this isn't the time or place. Imagine? Woosh! The whole place would go up- well unless I put it out but who knows if that would work for certain. I bet the village would be just a bit annoyed at me either way. All, 'Yuii you should know better than to be training fire jutsu in the forest! What were you thinking!?' and I can't really say it was anyone else's idea because I'm the Jounin here. Uh, I mean, and the adult right? Neither of you are- sorry I didn't ask or anything. Oh, names I guess?" As she yammered, Yuii lead them down the main path for a moment then sharply cut into the trees.

WC:703
703+418=1121

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
People… – Kumori repeated the words in his head over and over, trying to make sense of it. Was his question weird? He didn’t usually talk to others, and whenever he daydreamed about conversations everything seemed normal to him. In his dreams, conversations would always end in friendship. It was time to put it to the test.

“I’m glad! I’m people too!” – he said with a wide smile, flashing his white teeth, which were probably the only thing normal about him. He walked closer to Yuii, but stopped in his tracks as another boy raced towards them. In his surprise, Kumori did the thing he was most used to, he curled into a ball and prepared to survive the incoming bully!

“Sorry I was late.” – he boy said, easing the atmosphere and giving Kumori enough breathing space to raise his head and see that he wad no intention of beating him to death. “I’m glad…” – he said again, quieter than before, as if he was talking to himself rather than them.

Is this a class? Like in the academy? The thought crossed his mind as he gallantly chased behind Yuii, who looked friendly and interesting enough to become his pastime for the day. She talked about Ninjutsu and training, and about a bunch of other stuff that made no sense to Kumori, like fixing trees or making plants happy.

“Oh, names I guess?”

“Otsuki Kumori!” - it was the first time in a very long while that somebody asked for his name, and was genuinely interested in knowing, and not just trying to punish him. Perhaps today would be the day he would make his first friend… even if it was some weird old lady. It made him happy. On the other hand, he didn’t really know what to think about the other guy… and so he kept his guard up and prepared himself to run for his life if he turned up to be a murderer.

MFT: 326

Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Mori gave a brief smile hearing he was just on time. It would have really sucked to be late in classes such as this and it usually leaves a bad impression to his teacher and classmates. Speaking of classmates, he could find anyone else. Just the two of them there alongside the woman. Now that he was close, his classmate did have a rather unique appearance, colorful stitches and the likes with some oddities in his clothing. Not like he's the one to judge, its just an unusual experience from one's usual everyday experience. He did fought with other shinobi and met strange people in terms of combat during his missions but meeting ones outside of the usual environment was like swimming on a different colored water.

Her teacher then guided them towards the trees where they'll somehow make a fool out of themselves. Well, maybe just himself. He knew he wasn't talented in anything other than Genjutsu so it'll be a problem. Not to mention that their teacher started to talk to them... or herself? He wasn't exactly sure since she continued on about the elements and the effects on trees. Quite a funny to hear her though but nonetheless, all of them were true in certain situations. She then asked for their names once she ended her imaginary situations. "Kaze Mori, call me Mori. Nice to meet you guys." He replied with a smile.

Now the dreadful thought of him performing a Ninjutsu and failing started to fill his head. Mori made his way towards some more trees, just continuously walking until he would hear his teacher to stop him. He didn't know any elements at all although his family came from the lineage of Santaru, the Storm Clan, his talents were either pathetic to nothing and he'd personally prefer nothing than looking pathetic. Even if it was a mere class, he didn't want to fail, it was quite different from missions were failure means death or even worse, failing a class would stain his record throughout his life. It was a painful thought and he was getting nervous with each second passed, his thumb was between his teeth, trying to ease the tension built through pain. Some sort of form of diverting attention to something else but even then, it wasn't always guaranteed to remove the feeling.

Then something hit him, removing his thought out of the future expectancy of failure. He had a teacher after all, although he wasn't so sure how skilled she was, but he was definitely sure she was going to teach them how. "So... Sensei, you haven't told us your name yet and... Mind giving me some tips on performing Ninjutsu?" He scratched his head with the look of shame in his face.

[MFT @ 461 WC]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The shinobi started and fixed Kumori with a concerned stare, Had Yuii just voluntarily kidnapped someone? "I- yes? You're all right to come along?" she asked, not willing to send the teen back the village now. That would be rude considering she had ushered him out there to begin with. Besides, he didn't see so bad. Kind of cute with all the smiling, maybe. At least he would be getting some free jutsu training out of it!

"As long as you're okay, your sort of people are welcome." But he wouldn't be paying, how pitiful. At least there would be teaching practice.

Mori and Kumori then. Yuii pondered their names a moment but she wasn't familiar with either. The Jounin Kunoichi wasn't the type to pay attention to that any way. "Kaze?" Yuii blinked slowly then grinned, she was tickled at the irony of her jutsu choice, "Kaze, Kaze, Kaze..." she hummed in a sing song voice, balancing along a tree trunk. Wind was one of her favorites.

"With a name like that, do you know anything about Wind jutsu, Mori?" she asked, making a number of quick handseals and sending off a whirlwind in a flourish towards the tree tops, "Like that? I could teach you that?" She watched the threes bend and sway to the gale of wind, a self satisfied grin on her face.

"Tips? Well, it's like they teach you in the academy. You do the handseals until the chakra forms right and then, just, release," this time she slowed her hands down for the pair to see, forming each expertly, "Tori, Tatsu, Ne, U then release - see? Easy enough. You can do it faster when you get good at it, will it to do what you like with fewer seals. Just think all windy. I think wind is the easiest to start with since it's partially just moving what's around us already. Why don't you both give it a try? Uh, not at each other. At the trees." The last thing she needed was casualties.

[WC=340]

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They made their way to the forest as she announced the beginning of the class. Kumori hadn’t taken that many classes in his life, in fact, he just barely managed to get through the academy since he always skipped. He didn’t skip classes because he didn’t like them though, he enjoyed them very much, the problem with classes was… Miko was there. He hated Miko, even though he was his cousin. He hated the fact that Miko would be the next clan head, even though he was so unstable. Because he hated talking to Miko, being around Miko, smelling Miko, or even seeing Miko from a distance, he avoided him every chance he got.

“Fuck Miko.” – he whispered, clearly daydreaming as he walked face-first into a tree.
Tori
Tatsu
Ne
U

The wind got stronger, and the treetops began to sweet like frail branches. What was that? Kumori’s eyes widened in excitement. She could do jutsu! He wanted to learn jutsu so bad!

</B>
“Why don't you both give it a try? Uh, not at each other. At the trees.”​
<i>
</i>
Game time!

He did the same hand-seals she did and tried calling the wind in the same way you would read in fantasy books. He failed. He tried again, and failed. He tried again, concentrating harder this time, and failed.

<B>“Sensei! Is this right?” – he said, pulling on her shirt to get her attention. Once he did, he would proceed to do the handseals, clearly doing them wrong since he missed them because he was daydreaming. Once she showed him again, he would go back to practicing.
Tori
Tatsu
Ne
U

The wind got stronger. Kumori got excited. This was the moment! This was the moment he would master the wind element! He smiled. The wind stopped. It had been just a random breeze… Kumori got angry. He tried again, only to fail again. Clearly the wind wasn’t his thing. He relaxed. He focused.

In the next second, he would try the handseals again, different ones, quickly, three times as quickly as before. Instead of wind, the jutsu would be accompanied by paper flying without a breeze, traveling as fast as the wind would go. All the paper would come out of his body, as if it was a part of him, and it would keep coming out, flying towards a nearby tree. The paper would crash against the tree and keep hitting it until it created a deep enough cut to bring it down.

Kumori was no tree expert, like Yuii was… and so he did not know that trees usually fall in the direction of the cut… which was right where they were standing.

“Oh oh…” Maybe that wasn't the brightest idea.

Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As they made their way towards the so-called "training spot", their young teacher seemed to have ignored his request to know her name. Not like it bothered him that much unless there was someone else who was waiting for him and Kumori in some other part of the forest and this was all just a plot or something. Nonetheless, he couldn't feel anything evil or bad intentions coming from their teacher. The woman mentioned his surname like she was trying to think of something before shortly humming his surname as she played on top of a tree. His eyes fixed on her, the mix of confusion and disdain, as if she might be mocking her. Maybe she knows Mori doesn't have a sliver of talent with Ninjutsu. Maybe she doesn't? A feminine voice echoed through his ears, asking if he knows anything about Wind Jutsu due to his surname. Kaze did mean wind and would usually give anyone the impression that he has at least known one or two about it. He watched her form of handseals before sending a blast of wind which twirled and danced across the treetops. Normally, you wouldn't see the wind but in terms of Wind Jutsu, it's rather visible in one's eye as the wind had been gathered and condensed so tightly that it would give out its presence.

"It would be nice to learn wind for my namesake." He replied to Yuii with a tone of embarrassment. Shifting his view from her to his classmate, Kumori, who seemed equally excited and spontaneous as their sensei. He wondered as he saw Kumori move his lips but could barely hear anything at all. Yuii proceeded to show them the handseals needed to perform the wind jutsu she just needed. The hand signs were rather basic but even for the likes of him who utilizes it differently and a bit more discreetly, will find it harder to use it for a different purpose. Shaking his hands to warm up, he closed his eyes as he tried to remember them. "T-tori, Ta-atsu, Ne, U... T-tori, T-tatsu, Ne, U... He could hear something moving; perhaps it was Kumori practicing as well. "T-tori, Tatsu, Ne, U... Tori, Tatsu, Ne, U..." He could feel the sun's lights fading away even with his eyes closed but even so, he got the seals memorized in his head and the only thing he needed to do was to put it into practice.

As he opened his eyes, he saw a tree getting larger - no. It wasn't, it was falling towards them. A grim smile came upon his face as he placed his hands in front of his face. His pathetic expression melted away, replaced by a serious or even darker one. "Come out." He whispered as a low bass-like neigh echoed through the forest followed by a large black horse with red eyes engulfed in purple flames manifesting from thin air. It gave another loud neigh before charging towards the falling tree trunk. Mori could even feel the leaves from the tree brushing his hair. The tree was quickly flung away from them, crashing unto the nearby trees. "Thank you... Cancel" He gave a sigh as he formed a set of handseals as the horse faded away from reality, like collected dust being blown away - it disappeared in mere seconds.

He was pretty sure the other two might have questions. The fact it wasn't even Ninjutsu that he has used but instead Genjutsu, he needed to find a medium immediately but knowing he would risk hurting his classmate and possibly his teacher, he used the Genjutsu on himself and manifested it into reality through his own power. "Shall we continue?" He smiled as the serious demeanor broke away. "Tori, Tatsu, Ne, U... those are the ones right?" He asked, scratching his head.

[MFT @ 640 WC]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Jounin had made the correct choice then! Neither had any skill with wind, and both seemed keen to learn them. "Those are correct," Yuii answered Kumori, smiling blithely. She lacked the skill of the Hyuuga to see the chakra they shaped, so she could only advise them on the seals and hope they thought windy thoughts. Once one figured out the first jutsu of an elemental series, it was child's play to remould one's chakra towards the next such jutsu. Then it was only a matter of personal strength.

Kumori dove into trying while Mori seemed focused on remembering the seals correctly. Both were effective ways of learning, she she did not move to correct them. She stood back casually, keeping both within view while patiently watching to see if they could figure out the trick. The afternoon sunlight was dazzling and warm, a lulling combination that made her wish she'd dare take a nap. No, she would not be one of those lazy teachers that did the bare minimum and felt it was acceptable to sleep when she could be teaching.

And yet, it was just so tempting...

It was the siren call of sleep that left her off guard when Kumori's wayward jutsu sliced through the trunk of a tree. She tensed, bringing her hands forward to start the first jutsu that came to mind, but was outmatched by Mori's speedy Genjutsu. The blond, it seemed, was today's hero.

The jounin whistled softly and raked her teeth across her bottom lip, clearly impressed, "Well that was exciting. Thank-you Mori" Yuii knew that jutsu, if not exactly that particular combination. Not a choice Yuii would have made, if only for a lack of imagination, but effective none-the-less. Her go to would have fire jutsu, but that would have come with a much higher risk. Thank Raiden for Mori's good sense.

"You all right there Kumori? Lets not take the forest down," she laughed, easing the tension on their near congregation with the hard size of a tree trunk, "Remember you're trying to shape your chakra, sort of surrender it to the will of the handseals and think light and airy?" Yuii wasn't sure if that made sense to them, she'd always had a talent for learning Ninjutsu so this would be an excellent gauge of her grasp on other's method of learning. She would just have to adjust as needed.

Her attention swung back to Mori, and briefly she wondered if it was worth interrogating the boy over the oddly familiar use of chakra. There was a chance, maybe, they were alike in some way? Later, if he didn't volunteer a clue himself. "Yes, that's right," she answered, drawing her eyebrows in, "That was Genjutsu before, wasn't it? Impressive use."

[wc:464]

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A black horse ran against the tree, shattering it and sending the pieces away from the three.

“Awesome!” – Kumori said with eyes wide open, raising his arms in the air and jumping up and down. “What was that?! I did POOF and you did POW and the tree went CRACK! And…”

"You all right there Kumori? Lets not take the forest down”

“Yuii sensei! How do I do jutsu like that?” –he began with his excitement all over again. Wind jutsu was completely out of his mind, it remained only as a memory stored in that cabinet you never open but refuse to empty. “You’re awesome!”

Genjutsu huh… “But isn’t Genjutsu supposed to be in your mind or something?” – as he said the words out-loud, he ran his hands through his hair, completely ruining his hairdo. There was a moment of silence, and just as he was about to speak again he realized… “Ih! Are you in my mind???” His eyes opened even more. He did not know if he should be scared or surprised, but at the moment he was both. "W- what am I thinking?" He began walking towards Mori, hands in front to make sure he didn't run into any invisible object. Yuii sensei is a little weird... Damn, think about something else... Uhhh horse! No... Pony! Baseball, baseball, baseball... I think trying to go missing was a bad idea.

Current Total WC: 1418
OOC: Sorry for short post. I didn't really know what to write aside from speech >.>

Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Mori gave a brief sigh of relief. The situation solved yet another problem is rearing its ugly head in the open. The wind jutsu they were tasked to do and he's hoping not to cut any trees along the way like what Kumori did, well hopefully, none of that situation would happen again. Using a Genjutsu on himself did a toll and he wasn't looking forward to repeating it multiple times for the day. He watched as Yuii as she tried to consult Kumori but the latter seems to be amazed with his tricks. He wasn't the first to be so and the fact he wasn't the type to teach other people, he himself is still in the process of learning more and its taking more time than it should. He listened to Yuii as she mentioned to shape the chakra and think light and airy. It was a definite weird description but he simply nodded. "Wind... light... airy..." He muttered to himself when Yuii asked about his technique.

"Yes, sensei, it was a Genjutsu. Thank you for the compliment." He replied to Yuii. For someone who is skilled as her, she would definitely know things about Genjutsu but the fact that he used some of his power to bring the illusions to the material plane was rather intriguing. One would usually say it was a Ninjutsu since it's capable of interacting with objects, yet her conclusion was that the technique was a Genjutsu. Perhaps she's well-versed in Genjutsu as well? Or maybe they have something in common. He wanted to ask but he simply wanted to perform the jutsu just so the day doesn't end in a failure.

Kumori on the other hand was surprised - still. He asked about his illusion, on how it should only be in the mind. He was about to reply when he suspiciously asked if he was under an illusion already and the thought of it made him chuckle a bit. "No, no. I'm not in your mind. I'm not in anyone's mind - well.. I am, but its my own..." He scratched his head trying to explain to Kumori. "It is true that Genjutsu target's one mind to attack their pysche but in such cases, like mine, can be used in various ways. The technique I just used follows the rules of self-hypnosis which can be easy or hard depending on how good your mental strength is... and of course there's more to it but that's something I can't say but you can relax." He ended with a wink.

He then went back to his thoughts, remembering what their teacher told them about thinking airy thoughts. When it comes to wind, he always thought of freedom, like birds flying in the skies. He started to gather chakra into his hands. "Tori, Tatsu, Ne, U." He uttered as he formed the required seal. He opened his right palm as the wind started to swirl around his palm. The thought of flying freely in the air surged in his mind and his hand acted like a vacuum that gathered the surrounding air, trapping them within the boundary of a chakra he exerted. Looking for the right target, he raised his hand towards the treetops as he released the technique, a blast of wind erupted from his palm and the recoil knocked him down to the ground. He couldn't care less of the scrapes and dirt; he watched the wind fly towards the treetops, shredding the leaves and branches as it disappeared into the skies.

"That was it right?!" He exclaimed with a smile upon his face.

[MFT @ 603 WC]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii laughed pleasantly at Kumori's antics but didn't argue the details of the sensory deception based Jutsu. Judging by his understanding of Genjutsu, he was a a novice in the art at best. Likely he'd eaten up some drivel in the Academy and taken it for truth, or worse, came from one of the clans that had a negative view on the art. That sort of propaganda never did well her types like Mori or herself.

"Forming Genjutsu like that isn't something I could teach." She added, not really willing to have that conversation. Better to have the upper hand on information, one never knew when it could come in handy."If you want to learn cool Genjutsu I bet Mori would make an excellent teacher. He probably knows some basic things. I like Ninjutsu better, more fun."

There were interest, almost Genjutsu like Ninjutsu to be had if one were willing to learn too."If you can master wind, and a little water then there is always mirror which is just as fun," she added, leisurely forming the hand seals to one of her more difficult and fledgling jutsus. The complicated jutsu demanded a great deal of her concentration just to form the chakra exactly as she wished.

From nothing a duplicate of Kumori appeared, staring back at it's twin as if confused at it's existence. Then, Cracks formed across the skin of the reflective clone, revealing an absence of light beneath. Disappointing, Yuii sighed and summoned a second jutsu, this time a mirror like sword. "Early stages." she said, casually slamming the blade into the clone's chest so that it splintered into tiny shards, "Shouldn't really know the difference once I work out what is going wrong."

Her attention was drawn to Mori, whom it seemed, had laboriously managed to correctly do the jutsu. Yuii responded by enthusiastically clapping her hands then clapping him hard on the shoulder.

"Oh Mori that's right! Amazing!" Yuii exclaimed, "it worked then? I'm so excited. Now do that, oh a hundred more times and you'll have it mastered. You'll be a proper Kaze, yet!"

The Jounin was about to launch into a tirade about her own training regime when she'd learned wind jutsu when from the sky a sleek little pigeon descended down and made itself comfortable on her shoulder. Stoicly it stuck it's twiggy little foot out, letting Yuii retrieve the message attached to it. She read the message with a disinterested sigh then shoved it in her back pocket. "Oh, duty calls. No fun." She said cheerfully, giving them a wave. "Good luck you two. Mori has the trick, maybe he can explain it to you Kumori." And besides, Kumori had tagged along on the lesson for free. She could hardly be expected to linger and teach him when called away.

"Just remember, airy thoughts!" With that, she was off.

[WC=483. Total is in the 2300 range I think. Tutoring done on your posts and we'll see if it's council acceptable ;P]

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Genjutsu.

Mori called it a genjutsu, but nothing like that had ever been done to Kumori’s knowledge. Genjutsu was illusion, that’s what the word meant. He’s lying. He has to be. Kumori was sure of it. It has to be ninjutsu. In the end, it did not matter what it was though. The jutsu was cool and deadly, and that is all that mattered. These days, a jutsu was only valuable depending on how many people it could kill, or how many it could save. Kumori had a few interesting jutsu hidden inside of him, but unfortunately, he was not able to show it… No one would appreciate someone taking his heart out and showing it like an art gallery. It was simply how the world worked. Internal organs were no longer as cool as they used to be. Kumori shrugged.

Wind Jutsu. That’s right. He was supposed to learn wind jutsu. How was it again?
Tori
Tatsu
Ne
U

This time!
It failed again. It was the obvious outcome. Kumori did not know wind jutsu… it was not in his blood to know wind jutsu, so it was a very long shot to learn any of the sort. He took in a deep breath, then blowing it out while making a funny face. “Wind jutsu!” – he smiled, laughing on his own like a madman. He didn’t like wind jutsu. It was too hard, and nothing hard was worth the pain unless it pushed you away form death by a mile. He knew what would push him away form death by a mile.

“Hey. Mori, right?” – he smiled. “So… do you -only- know genjutsu?” Mori had been successful in learning wind jutsu, which placed him one step in front of Kumori, but he had a hard time just like him, so perhaps Genjutsu was his own strength? It was always good to learn others weaknesses. You never knew when you might have to use them.

All the while, Kumori would continue trying to make wind jutsu work, after a while giving up and instead replacing it with a chidori that he would use to punch and bring down another tree. This time, he would make sure the tree wasn’t going to kill him after falling down. It was a small tree. A bush at best. If only he had known that the tree had a hornet nest attached to it….

“Oh dear.”

When everything was over. He would simply smile, red dots all over his face where the hornets stung him. "Thanks for the class Yuii-sensei!"

Total Word Count: 1844

Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Mori stood up from the ground, promptly dusting off the dirt from the recent recoil he had performing the wind ninjutsu. He still had the smile on his face seeing how he managed to pull the feat off. Although it'll take an extremely long time for him to master wind jutsu knowing he isn't exactly attuned with the element unlike genjutsu, all he can do is to hope and train each day if ever he wanted to learn more. Yuii on the other hand explained a more about Ninjutsu, an in-depth information regarding mixing elements. Adding water to wind would create mirror, not like it made sense but she actually did it. Another duplicate of Kumori was created from thin air. It was realistic yet he can see the chakra from it unlike Kumori who had a different one. The mirror double started to crack, showing a void from within. Their sensei proceeded to create a sword made out of mirror, glimmering brilliantly, before slamming it against the clone and shattering it into beautiful fragment. The mirror double lost its color, turning into sparkling dust alongside with the mirror sword.

Yuii then stated if he were to train a bit more, then he'll probably get it. He simply nodded with a smile. Not long after, she said her goodbye as she has finished her duty with teaching them. Kumori on the other hand managed really had the difficulty in pulling off. He gave a chuckle, probably going mad from the fact he couldn't do it. He couldn't blame him. Kumori then asked him if he only knew Genjutsu. "Well... I know a few Ninjutsus, although they're not exactly tied with any of the elements." He replied scratching his head. He watched as Kumori formed another set of handseal but instead of the usual wind jutsu they were thought, his hand started to spark before a steady stream of lightning flowed around his hand followed with a loud thud. He watched as the tree itself shook with force, the point of impact burnt. "Oh wow, that was a Lightning Ninjutsu, right?" He exclaimed. "My older and younger brother knows how to that too, sadly I can't" He laughed for a bit, hiding the fact he himself cannot perform such technique.

Soon, the sound of buzzing filled the forest. Kumori had done it again, causing trouble. Next thing he knew was a swarm of hornets flying towards them. He only managed to shoot out a burst of wind and that was possibly out of whim and luck. He wouldn't want to take a second chance on trying it again and failing. He had to do something else..

"I wish you best of luck!" He smiled at Kumori as he waved and disappeared.

[MFT @ 460 WC]
[Total Word Count for Topic: 2,581]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back