Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Kami'in'get'it [Teaching Contract Summon]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The sun was setting on what was another exhausting day in Yamigakure, the members of the Myakashi clan setting to work repairing structures, hunting, travelling to Suta, and generally keeping the place running. Several of them were undergoing training exercises in the large forecourt of the monastery, the sounds of wood clashing, fists hitting bodies, and teachers lectures giving life to this little village.

It was this scene that a young-looking Myakashi Migoya overlooked, a measure of pride at how adaptable his clan had been after being ousted from Konohagakure. This region was not an easy place to live, and was certainly not comfortable, yet at least the view was spectacular. His gaze looked around the horizon, taking in the jungle below when they rested on a figure making his way up the pathway, surrounded by a couple of children clamoring around the figure.

Grabbing hold of his staff, Migoya quickly leapt to the entrance of Yukigakure, underneath a large red Torri gate, his form casting a large shadow across the ground.

“Ah Doku-san. I am glad you are safe my brother.” Migoya walked forward, a rare and honest grin on his face as he took Doku into a warm embrace. “I must admit when I saw Maki take down Yong I was… concerned. I trust he is healing well under Hisao's care. Fate has brought us here to a new beginning”.

A small white-haired boy, very similar in appearance to Migoya, yelled out a rather offensive word before rushing between the pair, chasing after a young girl whose laughter peeled through the night sky. Migoya’s crimson gaze followed the pair along with a smirk - his grandchildren were a handful.

“I have much to thank you and Hisao for. You have sacrificed so much, too much. But know this - you are now Myakashi, and part of my family. There are no secrets from you.”

About time, I was getting bloody annoyed at staying quiet all the time around this geezer.

Mikki poked a wooden head from out of Migoya’s hood. The pair had met before, but Mikki had rarely conversed with anyone for any length of time and, unfortunately, Doku now was the target of his words.

So… Yong taught you? You are one of those bone head ones huh? Ripping out your spine and such. Sounds like a wonderful fighting style… oh, just stand there while I pull out my own spine and hit you with it. So is your skull like really thick? And when you get a boner...

“You will have to get used to ignoring Mikki. It’s the best way to deal with him.” Migoya interrupted. “He’s a Tsukumogami - one of a type of spirit that this world is full of and, well, I have only just learned about properly, amongst other things.”

We are the best though.

Migoya snorted with a mixture of derision and laughter. However, after looking up at Doku that expression changed. His eyes seemed to be searching for something in Doku’s face - enough to make the man feel somewhat uncomfortable, as if Migoya was reaching into his soul.

“Perhaps… perhaps there is a way I could repay you. Tell me Doku-san, what are your thoughts on the notion of good and evil?”

[OOC: Possibly teaching Doku the 'Kami' contract as per Contract Mastery]

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The feel of the cool crisp country air and the sound of gravel crunching under the feet of the children as they dashed about him and called out to him gave Doku a great sense of calm. It really felt like coming home after a long absence. He had tried to make a life in Konohagakure but ever since the occupation it had not been the same.

He made his way up the path and saw Migoya awaiting him where the path crossed beneath a large Torri gate. It was a little symbolic he supposed that he be met by his new family at the threshold of his new home. As he drew closer Migoya welcomed him warmly and the children took the hint and sped off chasing after one another.

It was about then that the small puppet hiding beneath his brother's hood spoke to him. He was not at all surprised to see it move but he was a little taken aback that it... he was actually talking to him. He had thought the puppet was just as it appeared and was moving by some artifice on Migoya's part. Though even that had never say right either, but it was clear now that this... creature that called itself Mikki was alive in some sense. The creature prattled on and Migoya instructed Doku to ignore him which was a lot harder done than said and the explanation that Mikki was a Tsukomogami didn't do much to alleviate his curiosity, he still had so many questions.

Slowly he came to the realisation that Migoya was staring at him, it made Doku a little discomforted as the Albino's eyes held peculiar qualities which made it hard to meet his gaze. “Perhaps… perhaps there is a way I could repay you. Tell me Doku-san, what are your thoughts on the notion of good and evil?” asked Migoya san.

"In my long life I have come to realise that there is no such thing, at least not in such absolute terms. There are evil people to be sure but they often believe themselves to be doing good from their own point of view. More and more I have come to see it instead in terms of those that create and those that destroy. Ultimately if some force tears down more than it builds up then it is something to be shunned or outright cut from the body like a cancer." There was more he could say but he did not wish to drone on forever.

[Word Count: 422]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Placing his hand on his brother’s shoulder, Migoya nodded in agreeance with Doku’s assessment. Funnily enough, it was the most he had heard out of the man who tended to speak only when needed, like doing so was a chore. Perhaps it was!

“I agree with you brother. Shadows can only exist when both light and dark are present… too much one way or the other simply blinds us. But forgive me! You have been travelling all day - Kyuin! Could you please get brother Doku-san some of Grandmother’s stew, our warmest blanket, and gather the clan for our evening meal. Let me take that brother,” Migoya added taking Doku’s backpack off personally. “Go and sit by the fire - the nights get very cold up here. We can chat later.”

With that, Mikki leapt from Migoya’s shoulder to sit on Doku’s as the albino walked to a nearby house to start preparations for dinner.

So… are you like Migoya, immortal and stuff? You don’t look it. But you dont look like that Hisao fella - he looks like a ballsack with all the wrinkles on his face. But can you rip out your spine for me - that would be really cool. Can you make me a bone helmet with horns? Or some shoulder pads? Or a really big codpiece? Yeah...

“Mikki. Bugger off,” Migoya yelled from the kitchen.

With an indignant snort, Mikki lept to the ground where a young girl scooped him up before he could run away. She held him to her chest, patting his head and proceeded to tell him that she loved him, and that he was a good puppet.

A small amount of time passed before the rest of the clan appeared, giving Doku a kind nod, bow or a quick kiss on the cheek as if he were a long-lost family member. Giving him the prime seat next to a large fire, Doku could see that most of the clan faced a whitewashed wall on the side of the temple. Polite chatter soon died away as Migoya appeared, standing next to the wall.

“A tale.”

Oooh a show! Mikki intoned before getting told to be quiet.

“At one time a certain man sought knowledge, knowledge to both protect his clan, but also guidance for the future. This man was not religious, nor sought the wisdom of mankind, for he knew the fallibility of both of those sources.”

“What does fallibility mean?”, a small child spoke out, ignoring the ‘sssshs’ from the other children.

“Weakness. He knew that people only tend to give information if it benefits them somehow, and religious institutions simply to wish to keep control and power unto themselves.”

“Oh.”

“So this certain man sought out a place where he commune with higher powers, and sensing a pull towards a certain location, he left his village for a time and travelled to the center of life on this planet. A place corrupted once by man, but still thriving despite the desecration.”

“The World Tree”.

“Years before a tyrant had tried to harness the power of the tree to control the world. They had failed, but damage had been done. Still, the tie to the realm of the spirits lingered, and a certain man believed that by speaking with those spirits, he may receive the knowledge he lacked.”

With a wave of his hand, shadows now begun to creep up the wall of the monastery, turning into the shadows of a great tree, and a small figure who now gingerly walked towards it.

“This certain man began to meditate, to feel the tug of the tree and feel its pain. It was at this time that he was no longer alone.”

Another shadow appeared, that of a small boy.

“A spirit, a guardian, appeared and made an offer. If this certain man could pass a trial, help the world tree, and live to tell the tale he would provide the guidance that he sought.”

“The bargain was struck and accepted. Many trials followed.”

Strange shadows would now appear, that of two boys huddled on a street, blending into a large explosion and a smaller boy running. The children would scream in shock as it turned to the visage of a very large and menacing wolf, which turned to laughter as many smaller shadows attached themselves to it and started to explode.

That was the best thing ever… Mikki interrupted, before a look from Migoya caused the puppet to plonk himself into the lap of one of the children.

“Despite the pain and suffering, the man continued and soon overcame the trials, and brought life once more to the world tree.”

The shadow tree would now start to bloom.

“A reward was given - to be bound as comrades with the higher spirits. The Kami.”

Pfft. Higher spirits. I could knock a few of ‘em down a few pegs. Weirdos they are.

“Interesting analysis given who its coming from.” Migoya chuckled.

“But back to the tale. Now this clan is blessed and guided by the Gods, so much so that one led the man and his clan to a new home. Here. Yamigakure.”

The rest of the clan shifted in their seats. Migoya had never spoken of receiving spiritual guidance to get them here, but here it was, plainly speaking.

“Is that true, Migoya-sensei?” A worried voice spoke from the back of the crowd.

“Yes Getsu. It is. I know, I know - I was skeptical at first myself, but look at us now. We have been blessed, yet we still need to work at improving our lot in life.”

“But we do not follow any religion…”

“And we continue to do so. Religion is just a man-made way to control the belief of others. Our clan is about freedom - worship who, what, how you want to as long as it is not enforced on others.”

Yeah, worship me mortals and feeeeeaaar!

That brought a measure of laughter around the crowd. “But your point is true brother. I have made a promise to a higher power, and in return they grant us protection. I tell you this for one simple reason my family”.

“We are not alone. We may live on the side of a mountain in a country not our own who does not welcome us, but we are not alone. Let us seek out ways to help this world and in so doing help our clan”.

“That is the tale”.

The Myakashi looked at each other - they were used to Migoya’s weird stories and ways of explaining things, but now knowing how they arrived here was… disconcerting. To think that a god or a spirit or something had brought them here… it was like a fairy tale. Picking up the tired children, waving their goodnights to Migoya and Doku, and helping the elderly to stand, the clan slowly faded into their ramshackle homes for the evening, leaving Migoya, Mikki and Doku around the large fire.

Migoya waited for them to fade into the shadows before looking at the fire, his pale features somehow looking brighter than normal from the light of the flames.

“It is true Doku-san. I, I cannot explain the entirity of the experience but know that I have spoken with unearthly powers, and in return they have granted me the ability to speak with them. No - Im not a prophet, but I am slowly seeing things more clearly".

"The world is about balance, and it is our job to balance this world. Too much Yin or Yang tips the scales, for without destruction there is no room for creation, and too much destruction causes existence to fade away".

He chuckled.

“I sound like a crazy monk. It has been a… difficult time of late, but I am glad I have brothers such as yourself to aid with the burden. To that end, I have found my burden lifted and would like to aid you in finding the strength of others to help you.”

“Would you be interested in maintaining the balance? I can teach you how to summon the Kami… though the tests they choose to ensure your motivation and loyalty is pure can be… difficult. Would you care to try those tests brother?”

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There was... a lot of fuss being made for his arrival. It was natural he supposed to great family this way after a long absence but it felt odd to him. His parents had been gone for a long time now and apart from Hisao he had not been close to many others since. He had started to forget what it was like but knew it was best to just let it happen in this case and sat down by the fire.

The pestering from Mikki was not as unwelcome as Migoya made out. He was becoming fond of the little guy and decided he should throw him a bone... heh. With a little chakra and clear picture of what he was creating held in his mind a lump began to grow beneath the skin of his forearm. After a few moments he judged it ready and carefully cut into his flesh with a spur of bone from his fingertip freeing the object from his flesh. It wasn't until after that he realised that there might be kids watching and that such an act might disturb them. Looking around though he did not see the frightened faces that he expected, if anything they looked fascinated. Strange kids. He cleaned off the little creation with a wipe and held it up to the firelight to inspect his handiwork. It was a helmet, sized just right for the mischevious spirit, however he had made an adjustment that he thought fitting and added a horn on the front. Just the one. "For you Mikki, I think it appropriate for your request. In a way it is both a helmet and a codpiece." he chuckled with a grin that reached from ear to ear.

It wasn't long before the show began and he sat with rapt attention as he had the feeling this was more than just story that was being told to entertain the children. It was certainly an interesting tale for what it was worth though Doku did not yet know what to make of it. Once it was over and the other villagers had left, Migoya came and sat by him at the fire and gave an explanation and a question.

"The... Kami? Truth be told I don't know much about them, but if this will aid me in the defense of these people then yes I will try my hand at these tests."

[Word Count: 403]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Every now and then Mikki was happy. Blissfully happy.

This was not a good thing.

Poor Doku would feel a flurry of wooden hands petting his head affectionately as the bone helmet of POWER was placed onto a small wooden head.

You… I am so not going to kill you! This is the BEST. Thank you! Mikki pranced around with his new helmet, clearly ecstatic. With a WHOOP Mikki ran into the darkness.

Migoya tried his best to ignore the puppet, focusing more on Doku and the fire. “Well Doku-san, there are now your people - your family. And we will always walk beside you, brother. And its clear Mikki likes you… Im not sure that is a good thing though! But I digress - I hope I can provide some clear information.”

Migoya’s gaze would rest on the growing fire, as if pulling the information from it. Shadows cast around his pallid face, dancing amidst the flames.

“The Kami are… difficult to explain. From my understanding, there are three types of spirit creatures in this world. The Kami, the Tsukumogami, and the Youkai. Mikki here is a Tsukumogami - spirits that inhabit items, and are able to speak with and sometimes control other items. You probably will see few of them around here… don't, err, annoy them.”

“The Youkai… I honestly do not know much about them. From what I have studied they are spirits of emotion, usually base desires, revenge, jealousy and the like. Some of them are spirits of the restless dead, punished for living bad lives, or even victims of tragedy”.

In the background the sounds of a bleating goat could be heard, along with some whoops from Mikki. Migoya pointedly ignored the ruckus.

“And finally the Kami. The Kami make up the known Gods of this world and their servants. These can be noble spirits that have lived good lives. They seem to be spirits of places and more noble emotions, knowledge, honor, and seek to protect them. There are also dark Kami, though I have yet to meet one, fortunately. After my expedition to the World Tree I entered into a contract with a Kami who I have named ‘The Guardian’. His respective role was to protect the World Tree from further desecration, and he certainly was capable of doing that.”

Ashes from the flames crackled in the night sky as Migoya prodded the fire.

“He also introduced me to my current friend, who I am sure will turn up sometime. He has a rather interesting habit of disappearing at inopportune times”.

The bleating of the goat grew louder as Migoya poked the fire with his staff, which strangely didn’t seem to burn. With a whoop of joy, the Codpiece-helmeted Mikki whooshed past, riding on the back of a terrified mountain goat, followed by what appeared to be a floating broom that shouted obscenities at the mess that was being made.

Migoya seemed to roll his eyes, his amusement clear however.

“Unlike Mikki, who seems to do the opposite. So - the basic summoning contract jutsu is relatively easy, it's just catering to your various contract creature that is the tricky part. You need to have an agreement that they will come when you call, and vice versa.”

“Give that back you little terd!” Getsu, the man from before but now very wet and naked, would stream out of a nearby house chasing after Mikki, who now had a glorious towel flowing out from behind him like a great cloak as he continued to ride the mountain goat around the village.

Ignoring the commotion, Migoya would strangely bite his thumb, a small pool of blood forming on it. He would place his hand on the ground and soon strange golden writing would flow around him, imbued with chakra. It was a jutsu Doku would know well.

“I request your presen…”

Migoya stopped speaking, his words interrupted.

“Migoya-san. I am glad you called. We have need of you. Come.”

“Of course Guardian-sensei, but I am…”

“Doku-san can come as well. If he chooses to. There are risks.”

The voice was… childlike, as if spoken by a small boy. More importantly was the feeling it created, as if the voice was not just in ones head, but through ones body. Migoya would look to Doku, concern clearly evident on his face.

“I’ve never been summoned myself before - there must be something wrong. I apologize my friend, but I do need to go.”

Migoya offered his blood-marked hand to Doku, as a now helmeted and cloaked Mikki leapt onto Migoya’s shoulder, the goat fleeing into the night in abject terror, chased by a floating broom.

“You are welcome to join me however.”

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The gratitude of a small wooden puppet was a sight to behold, it seemed Mikki really loved his little gift. "You are very welcome my friend." he replied.

His education in the matters of the spirtual continued with Migoya. Although much of what was being explained was new to him, as he had never dealth with the Kami or Youkai in the past, he already had an understanding of the basic principle of summoning. Once a long time ago he had been taught how it was done in preparation for forging a bond with a contract beast, but that part had never happened. It seems that is about to change, hopefully I can prove myself to these Kami and forge a bond.

Doku watched intently as Migoya bit his thumb and drew blood for the ritual, a distasteful but necessary part of such a summoning. For him it was almost negligible to injure himself in such a way as within moments he would heal and it would be as if it never happened, however not everyone was made like him.

Before Migoya could complete his call to the Kami he was interuppted.

“Migoya-san. I am glad you called. We have need of you. Come.” demanded the disembodied voice.

“Of course Guardian-sensei, but I am…”

“Doku-san can come as well. If he chooses to. There are risks.” once again the voice emanated from no discernable source.

“I’ve never been summoned myself before - there must be something wrong. I apologize my friend, but I do need to go.” Doku could clearly hear that his normally unshakeable friend was somewhat rattled.

“You are welcome to join me however.” Migoya extended his hand towards him, clearly inviting his aid. The man joined once more by Mikki who had given up his shennanigans in order to be serious which was concerning in and of itself.

"Of course, I would not leave you when it is clear this is something important. We are family now after all." Grasping Migoya's hand with his own he took a deep breath and prepared for the unknown.

[Word Count: 348]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya gave a small smile as his hand slipped into Doku's, holding on to it with strength that belied Migoya's small frame. Mikki ran up that arm to sit on Doku's shoulder, a strange act of affection from the puppet. I guess bone helmets were his thing.

Migoya looked somewhat concerned as he spoke. "Ive never been summoned before, so I am unsure what to expect. I doubt we will go to the Kami's home plane, mostly because..."

The world lurched, spun, turned inside and out. Despite this a strange sense of sereneness enveloped Doku, like a warm hug from a matronly woman. Soon, around the time of 4.5 AP, Doku would start to feel the world once again, and it started to behave like it was supposed to. The smell of ramen noodles, freshly cut grass and warm bread would stand in direct contrast to what he would see.

A large cavern, its height indeterminable as the lights faded into darkness, surrounded Doku. A quick glance around would show several crude tent-like structures, each surrounding a large bonfire - the only source of light in the cavern. Apart from the strange yet amazing smell, the vision was from a horror story, told to scare children. Bodies - corpses - of people were hung around the cavern, some having been opened up and their entrails removed. Various cookware nearby suggested their horrid fate.

A small voice would pull Doku out of this nightmare.

"Mig... Migoya-kun, is that you?" A small creature, akin to a fluffy white fox though its fur was stained with red, lay curled up in what appeared to be a fading summoning circle. A strange metal chain was around its neck, which was currently held by what appeared to be a sleeping, red horned giant. Small red eyes would look up as a smile would grace the face of this rather cute creature, as if it wasn't in any trouble at all.

"Migoya? Well, I love what you have done to your hair. You look amazing - much more mature. I apologise for my lack of style, and dont get me started on my fur! I am glad my summoning worked - it must be our extra special bond of friendship that brought you here to rescue me. How gallant!"

The creature stirred in its slumber, but that didnt seem to stop the cute creature from speaking.

"I know how strong you are so can you convince these Oni to please let me go. I am sure there is a misunderstanding. I was trying to teach them about how non-violence is a more effective way of bringing them out of a primitive state when one of them must of accidentally fell and knocked me out. When I woke up I had this fabulous collar on, but it seems to have been caught on a chain of some sort. But needless to say challenges make us stronger! Would you be your ever wonderful self and help me?"

Doku would feel a small figure creeping up his arm. Mikki soon sat on it, looking down at the creature.

Juutsu you moron - this isn't Migoya. Where the hell did you put him?

It was then that Doku would realise that Migoya was simply not amongst them.

"Not Migoya? Oh! My apologies! Well - who is this handsome young saviour then? I am Juutsu Muutsu Buutsu - but please my friends call me JMB" The creature tried to rise, but it was clear that a measure of pain, mixed with the tight chain, was keeping him down. How he had managed the summoning jutsu was beyond understanding.

Its Doku. And you should get yourself out of this mess... stupid idiot. Let me ask again. Where. Is. Migoya? Mikki asked tersely.

The smile of the creature grew wide. "I don't know, but I'm sure he is safe! He is rather wonderful you know! Just like my new friend Doku-kun who will help me because of how great he is!"

So... poor Doku was now alone with Mikki and a... thing. In a cavern full of cannibal red giant people. And right now the 'captor' of the small fox was stirring. What would Doku do?

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well this was a bit of a shit sandwich and something told him he was going to have to eat the whole thing. I guess I signed up for this.

A sigh of regret escaped his lips has he swiftly drew a scroll from his belt and unfurled it on the ground. With a puff of smoke the lullaby powder he has sealed away in preparation for just such a moment appeared atop the scroll. Not a moment to lose he quickly scooped it up and filled the palm of his hand with the powder before take a few steps and blowing it gently into the face of the wakening giant. "That should buy us some time, now to get you out of those chains Juutsu..." As he was speaking he had been examining the task at hand and he had come to a terrible realisation, the chains could not be broken nor could it be removed from around his new friend's neck without injuring him further.

Doku cursed quietly under his breath and turned his gaze to the giant once more. The Oni appeared to be grasping the chain in one had tightly despite slumbering quite deeply. I guess there is only one way about this. We can't run while he holds onto that chain and if we stay here we are dead.

"Mikki, I am going to need you to start looking for an exit while I work on freeing our friend here or we are all going to be in a lot of trouble... please?" The last was more of an afterthought but he hoped Mikki would understand the urgency of what was happening as even as he finished speaking the red giant was begining to stir. Once more he sprung rapidly into action and began forming handseals, upon completion there was another puff of smoke and his regular form was replaced* by that of one of the other demons slumbering in the chamber. Hopefully this will give them a moment or two of pause. He then gathered up the chain from where it lay on the ground between Juutsu and the Oni and wrapped it once around his right hand, the links making small clinking noises as he secured his grip.

"Get ready to run." And with that he gave the chain a sharp pull and hoped for the best...

[Word Count: 394]

[* Transformation Jutsu]

[OOC: Sorry for the delay on the post]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Finding an exit? I say we slaughter these ugly things and steal their stuff, and run off into the distance with arms full of treasure! Yeah - that sounds like fun. But ok... Ill do the boring work, only because you said please.

Mikki, without a look of concern, ran away into the adjoining cavern with his towel cape and bone helmet there to protect him from the scary monsters.

The chief Oni slumbered deeply, aided by the effects of the lullaby powder, his snores resonating around the cavern. Doku pulled on the chain and realized that the chain was tightly bound in the creatures grasp. It was the typical and unoriginal bad guy having a pet Kami that smelt good story. The chain clearly was of a strange origin, and as Doku held it he could feel something... unnatural about it.

Summoning up his strength, Doku yanked the chain.

"Wha... wha... what the f... fairy are youse doin?" The Oni, which had been fast asleep, awoke sharply at looked at this other Oni who seemed to be taking his pet! "I founds it, its mine!" With that, he yanked back, strongly, causing Juutsu to whimper in pain. Quickly, the Kami apologized for such sad behaviour.

The creature would now start to stand. At over 7 foot tall and several feet wide, the Oni was an imposing ogre, clearly a leader amongst its kind. Its eyes started to blink rapidly, as if trying to stave off the effects of the powder. "You.. youse go away now. I wants to sleep, and fairy helps me sleep. Go aways or Ill eat your squiggly bits!".

Juustu, clearly in pain, gave a small smile. "I think he means your intestines." he added cheerfully, happy to help.

Just then a loud banging could be heard, as if someone was smashing a cymbal together with a hollow tube. The sounds of several Oni could be heard starting to stir, and yellling began. Strange insults were flung around, followed by grunting and groaning (of the bad kind). What the hell was Mikki up to?

The Chief Oni's gaze turned towards the rukkus.... what would Doku do?

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His muscles tensed and he yanked at the chain with all his might, unfortunately the chain did not slip from the grasp of the ogre as planned and instead Doku only managed to disturb their rest. That didn't go as planned. He thought to himself as the Oni yelled at him. Hopefully my disguise holds up.

Doku ignored the "helpful" correction from Juutsu and addressed the ogre directly, mimicking the drawl with which it spoke. "I have better'n fairy for help sleeping. I have magic dust!" he indicated the much diminished pile of lullaby powder still sitting on the scroll. "And I can gets more. Gimme fairy and youse can have all the magic dust you want."

That was the moment that the ruckus started up and he saw an opportunity. As the Oni began to turn towards the din behind him, Doku summoned his chakra and focused it on his foe. The Oni would feel the strength of this gaze quickly take hold of him and freeze him in place as well as cutting him off from any chakra abilities he might possess. This was the Body Bind of the ANBU and would only buy him a few moments but if he was right then the chain would not function without a connection to wielders chakra... he hoped.

Once more he gathered up the chain in his hands and gave it a tug, if this didn't work he might have to fight his way out although that was probably already a reality. I hope that little puppet knows where the exit is or this will be a real short chase.

[Word Count: 271]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
By chance of fate, but more because it was bloody obvious, severing the Oni's ability to create chakra and binding the creature made the chain loose in the creatures grasp. Doku's swift tug pulled the object from the creatures hand (not a sentence I ever want to write again), eliciting an excited squeal from Juutsu.

"Oooh you are so smart Doku-sama! Now... as much as I like this 'retro-trog' design, we really must be off. Thank you Oni-san for the... accomodations."
With a pained expression that he tried to hide behind a smile, the small and fluffy creature clambered up onto Doku's shoulder, obviously not used to using its legs.

Now firmly mounted, Juutsu watched as Doku made his way stealthy towards the only exit in the cavern. Peering around the corner he would notice that the sounds of the yelling and fighting had drifted off, and now were replaced with a 'shouting' fading off into the distance. 'Waaater... waater..." it cried.

Took you long enough.
Mikki imparted into Doku's head. I found the exit ages ago. Well - to be honest, that guy is leading us to it.

A casual glance would see a rather upset Oni, his backside on fire, running towards what could only be one of the other exits. The other Oni were in various stages of slumber or confusion.

Mikki looked up to Doku, shrugging his wooden shoulders.

Well... you didnt say how to do it.

"Very.. inventive Mikki-sama. Perhaps we should heed his advice and run... politely towards that poor Oni whose buttocks are enflamed?" Juutsu 'purred'.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back