Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Knock, Knock [Free RP]

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Knock, knock.

I tapped on the office door twice. Hearing no movement inside I knocked a third time. Knock.

I am the 37th Hereditary Countess Bakunin. You may know me as the inventor of the left-handed smear-free pen. I am here on a very important mission whose details I cannot release publicly. My enemies the Mangoes, as they'll be referred to for convenience, are constantly pursuing me and would love nothing more than knowing my plans so that they could foil them. Plus you never know when one of those half-bred demons are around. Aren't they just the worst with their mind reading? No decency!

All that I can state about my mission is that it involves the Mednin Sennin, a pen, and several rubber duck stickers.

At the current moment I am wearing my noble clothing: white cape, civic sword, and signet ring included. My hair and eyes are blue, but that goes without saying. I would describe my clothing in greater detail, but I fear this too could compromise me to the Mangoes. You never know what your enemies will do if they knew you were wearing blue socks.

Now where in the blazes is this Mednin Sennin? I knocked for a fourth time. Knock.

"Hello? Misses Mednin Sennin?" I said, "Are you inside there? I could get you another roll of toilet paper if that is the issue."

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking down the corridors he had a couple of medical shinobi in tow. He'd recently completed surgery on a young genin who had received sever trauma at the hands of a dog. The dog had been a mission, he was to restrain it and take it back to the owner. The boys squad had split up to locate the creature and then when he found it he confronted the beast single handedly. He was smart enough to let his team mates know where he'd been before the confrontation but like a beast cornered... well... there was a reason for the saying. The boy had received horrific scars to the face and his arms, with punctures which went as far as to puncture the boys lungs. He'd drained the blood, and attempted to rebuild the boys face somewhat. He'd live, but he'd live with a permanent reminder as to why he shouldn't act along in this shinobi world. There were things which couldn't be reasoned with, sometimes those things were powerful beasts, sometimes they were other shinobi. He hoped that the boy was old enough to learn this, and not simply feel sorry for himself and his self created "bad luck" as so many would put it down to.

As he rounded the corner which led towards his office the other two pealed off, he'd given his accounts of what to proceed with and they knew better than to follow him to his office. Work went so far as that corner, well, anything to do with surgery or that kind of thing. Once he rounded that corner he removed the shackles of the medical shinobi and strode back into the robes of a sennin. There was work there which had very little to do with being a medical shinobi, yet affected them greatly.

A woman stood outside his office looking reasonably impatient, he only caught the end of what she said as he walked closer. He made no attempt to hide his footsteps and simply said Excuse me. as he unlocked the door and then walked in, turning on the light. Turning around he held up a finger to silence whatever was about to be said and closed the door. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, clearing his mind of everything he breathed out and then opened the door once more Hello, how may I help you? he asked pleasently, he was completely unaware as to how long she'd been staying there or who she was, but hey, he figured he'd find out.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well that was curious.

I had been about to knock a fifth time when a man went around me, opened the door, entered it, and hushed me! I was insulted. I AM insulted. He had taken his finger and hushed me with me. There are many uses for fingers, some too unsavory to say in public, but hushing others was not one of them. I remind myself that this is a Sennin, so I had no recourse. All I can do is pretend not to be insulted.

I wiggled my hips when he reopened the door (when had he closed it?) and said,

"Salutations Sennin-chan! I am writing a biography on the Sennin of the village and was hoping you'd allow me to interview you for it."

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He frowned at the girl's strange behaviour at his opening the door. So she was writing biographies on the sennin of the village huh? He stood there for a moment looking at her face, his frown only growing deeper I am a very busy man. Sitting around and talking about myself sounds like a very selfish thing for me to do when I'm meant to be working and making sure that the villages health system is working as well as it can. You could end up costing shinobi their lives by doing so. He turned, though he left the door open as he walked around to his seat. He had reports to write up, if she decided that interrupting his time and peoples health was worth whatever it was she was doing then that was fine by him. He still needed to get work done though.

Pulling up a clipboard and his fountain pen he began writing. If she was going to continue she'd need to do so without being invited, in the end, it was over to her as to what her next step was.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Don't worry!" I said, "It isn't like any shinobi are on mission right now anyway. The gods have prohibited it!"

But the gods don't like us talking about them or their decisions, so I shan't talk further on that subject.

As the Sennin had not objected to the interview I took the liberty of taking a chair inside his office and sitting on it. I gave him my widest smile before opening my mouth again.

"We should start with the basics. Where were you born Sennin-chan? Who are your parents? Did either of your parents have a genetic gift such as Uchiha eyes?"

The door had not yet been closed.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The things being asked weren't anything he wasn't willing to give, without looking up from where he was writing notes he answered I was born in the Chigokai complex in Cloud to Chigokai Reidou and Daifu. My mother was of the Chigokai clan while my father a member of the Myoumi. You see it is Chigokai tradition to take on the name of the wife, because any children conceived can be guaranteed to be hers. He knew it wasn't a common practice everywhere which was why he explained it. Answering a question before it was asked. I take after my mothers side and have attained the Chigokai kekkei genkai. My father had the Myoumi bloodline attributes as well. (OOC: Myoumi were one of my earlier characters, they are of a bloodline which is effectively the Yamanaka, but with the flower thing written out... I've redesigned and rewritten all the fluff for the yamanaka bloodline to fit with the Myoumi as part of my Cloud Origin clan project.)

He signed at the bottom of the page and then placed the paper to the side, still face up to allow the ink time to dry.

What is your name, place of birth, did your parents have any bloodline abilities? he asked as he pulled another sheet across.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh..." I mumbled, "I'm the Countess Bakunin. Minor nobility. I was born here. I think. I probably wasn't born in this office, but one of these rooms nearby. Lets say I was born in room 125. Neither of my parents had demon blood."

I bit my lower lip. My parents had never mentioned any bloodline at least. I doubted we had any as my eyes were not red, my bones didn't grow out of me, and I wasn't extremely fat.

"Am I right in assuming you joined the shinobi academy when a kid? Do you remember who your first cell leader was or who was in it? Any interesting story from your pre adolescent years? You look young, so I'm assuming the Raikage during your childhood was Saruni-"

Oh, right. He shouldn't be mentioned should he?

"Aion? Was Aion the Raikage during your early life?"

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Demon blood? An interesting term for a bloodline. Demon tended to have negative connotations associated with it, especially when used to describe something much in this way. A nick name or turn of phrase. So this young lady felt that bloodlines were evil, or at least were unsavoury. Interesting. He took notes as she answered and then shifted the paper to the left, not to the right where the other page had gone. Pulling over another sheet he scanned it as she asked her new set of questions. His pen dipped in the ink and he signed it off. Shiranai had been busy, finishing up with his patients before he headed off on his journey.

Yes, I was seven when I was first enrolled in the academy. I never had a cell leader. I'm sure I officially had one, but I wasn't exactly what one would describe as popular and tended to be left out whenever possible by my peers. His jaw muscles flexed as memories of his childhood passed through his mind, they weren't fond memories. Had he been someone else chances were he'd have become meek, followed whoever would give him the time of day. Yet no-one had taken the time to foster him in that way.

I believe the Raikage at the time of my entrance into the Academy was Shinbatsu, or had Kiyo come back by then? A pause as he thought about it I think Kiyo had come back actually, now that I think about it. I remember wondering what all the fuss was about. Now I understand of course. The fuss was over how she seemed so timeless, as if time itself couldn't age her, didn't change her, yet at the same time she didn't look young either. A glint in his eye and the interested tone of his voice betrayed him. He was interested in the ex-Raikage, though purely from a scientific perspective.

Sarunishi, Aion, they were both Kage's from thirty five, fourty years ago. She said I look young, I am young, I'm barely in my twenties. Do I look that old? I've seen fourty year old shinobi, they look about sixty by the way the general population ages due to scars and years of battle. Life is not kind to our looks. His eyes were on the girls, the frown seemingly permanently attached as he assessed her.

Were you enrolled in the academy at a young age? Couldn't have been that long ago if you were. Chuunin perhaps? I would guess that you can only remember life under Kiyo's rule, and of course now under Shin's? He asked, pulling the other paper back over his pen dipping in the ink, waiting for the responce.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hehe yeah I just remember Raikage Kagetsu and Hayata's reign," I lied.

I had actually been born under the 6th Raikage Santuro Ryuuto's reign and entered the academy under the 7th Raikage Shinbatsu. I wasn't one to correct someone who mistook me as a younger woman. I doubt there is anyone who would correct someone who thought them younger than they really were.

Plus it would be embarrassing to state that I had entered the academy in the early years of Raikage Shinbatsu. The Sennin would be able to quickly deduce then that I was older than him! He had entered during Raikage Kagetsu's reign after all. I must be three, four years older than him? To think he had become a Sennin in a quicker time than it had taken me to reach my current station. Granted that I rarely did a mission I could afford to escape doing.

I stared at the Sennin's scribbling for a moment before asking my next volley of questions.

"What type of Chuunin examination did you have? Did it involve the usual routine? Or were you lucky enough to participate in the fabled Chuunin tournament? Were you recommended to join the Mednin branch after passing it? Or were you a Mednin in training who got promoted through a Medical examination?"

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He noted down the lie, not realising it for what it was. She'd avoided the question about the age or her current rank, though he assumed that to mean that he'd been correct. Despite that assumption he placed a little dot beside those points and then once more placed the paper to the left, pulled another paper before him and began examining it while she asked more questions.

Chuuning exam, his was a medical, he remembered it well, it wasn't that long ago. Though he figured that for a biography he might as well give more information.

I was recruited as a trainee after I dropped out of the ANBU training programme. My family wanted me to practice medicine, so I did as I was told. My Chuunin exam was simply a Mednin examination, I more or less earned my mednin rank through hard work and missions. The rank a recognition as to what I'd acheived rather than a one off test.

The notes on the paper below irked him though so instead of signing them he turned them face down and sideways before shifting it across, so he could correct or re-read it later when he didn't have only half his attention on it.

Tell me about your ascention from Genin to your current rank.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I was not questioned further on my age. For this I was glad. It made me wonder if the Sennin had been telling me lies himself. I was not a demon and I had not been trained as a truthsayer by the ANBU or any other such organization, so I could have easily been deceived. Not that it would matter much in the grand scheme of things as I was writing a book on the whole of Kumogakure and not merely one person.

The Sennin answered by saying that he had entered the medical program after leaving the ANBU's. Not too much surprise there. There was hardly a Sennin, and certainly very rarely a Kage, that did not have some background as an ANBU. I was a bit sad to hear his Chuunin examination had simply been a medical examination. I had hoped that he had participated in the one of the grand intervillage exams that littered the history books.

The Sennin continued with his paper shuffling as he turned to ask how I had attained my own rank.

"Oh I am just a bureaucrat." I said, "I am not sure you can really say I was ever really promoted beyond Genin. Most of my work is in processing the loads of paperwork that the village needs to do everyday. I was technically promoted three years ago, but I think it was more of an automatic pay raise than an actual reward for anything I have done."

I gave a blink and a smile before going on,

"Have you ever had any romances of note? Are you married? Do you have any children, legitimate or otherwise? Are you friends with the Hokage or the Medical Sennin of any of the southern tribes? Or do you go home every Friday night, close the door, and cry yourself to sleep in a fetal position whilst wishing you had managed to save your best friend during that one mission?"

After taking a breathe of air I added, "Oh right excuse me for assuming you are heterosexual. Have you had a husband? Boyfriend? Or are you in fact a hetero?"

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: really sorry for the delay]

The latest set of questions held him at a silence. Romance? No, not really. Married, yes, but how much information in regards to that did he want to give away. Admittedly he'd told some drunk ANBU trainee recently, but he didn't know if he wanted that perspective placed into any form of book. A finger tapped as he ran his answer through his mind, thinking before speaking, and deliberating on it. Something he hadn't been doing in the previous questions, and he knew that because of that it would likely raise more questions from the young lady before him. Yet he'd ignored the more rediculous questions, though heard them. He hoped she'd assume he was wondering whether they were serious or not rather than focusing too much on the initial couple of questions.

I am happily married and we are expecting a child within the next couple of months. he answered his eyes wandering the desk between his hands. After which he looked up at the woman and said plainly.

I have no friends.

He didn't follow up with his own questions. Sitting there and looking at her, unsmiling, quite serious. He didn't have any. At least no-one he concidered a friend. The drunk had said something about meeting next time as friends. Yet that was a simple mans interpretation of what a friend was. It was never that easy, and Kushin rarely let anyone that close.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I tapped my fingers on my legs waiting for the Sennin to continue. I had expected for him to parrot my questions, but to my surprise he didn't do so this time. Was it that he was unconcerned or that his mind was elsewhere? I waited for a moment to see if he was simply thinking things through before giving my reply.

"I am sure your wife is a very lucky women to have you as her significant other," I said, "Now do you have any plans for the Medical branch in the coming months? Are you organizing an international conference with the other medical branches of the world, for example? Or perhaps working on creating a new means of curing cancer with the usage of reptile DNA?"

"Unless you wish to add anything else that will be enough to help me on my job."

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He ignored the first statement that the woman said, and focused on the questions.

Currently the medical branch is organising training for some of its members in more ANBU style techniques. This is because both I and the ANBU Sennin have discussed that part of the issue we currently face as a whole organisation is a lack of cohesion. If highly trained ANBU get stuck behind enemy lines having sustained injuries severe enough to warrent mednin attention we have no way to deal with that other than if I myself go. We are trying to solve these worst case scenarios by working together. Of course for our end we'll be providing some medical training to the ANBU as well, this way more moderate wounds will be able to be covered without the need of a medical team.

Other than that I'm sure you heard of my recent law change where the medical branch is collecting kekkei genkai to aid those shinobi who require them to further this martial capabilities. The medical branch is now able to offer several variations of the more common kinjutsu to Cloud shinobi. He wondered what her opinion on that was. He knew it hadn't been met with huge praise, it was controversial to say the least, taking body parts without concent from the clans. The Clan heads had had a field day in the council chambers, lecturing him, telling him how what he was doing was immoral. It had been all he could do to stop himself from laughing at them. They knew as well as he did that they could do little to stop him, that it was legal meant that living clan members would have more chance to survive, having it illegal meant that only people who Kushin wanted to have some form of control over would have parts inplanted. He wouldn't reveal his secret which would kill them if they did what he said. That was how it had worked before the system had been put into place.

Selfless, yes, that was how he would describe that move. He had relinquished his own power over individuals to safeguard the village.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You are collecting demon specimens?" Those with Kekkei Genkai were just that to me, demons.

In their defense they usually only had trace amounts of demon lineage, so perhaps calling them demons was inappropriate. They certainly weren't human though. This is not to say that I felt any particular feeling of superiority to them for being a full blooded human. I had no doubt most of the shinobi in the corps were of demon descent. It would simply be improper to refer to them as human.

All the same collecting their body parts seemed morbid. I never could understand the strong stomachs that Doctors had. The thought of blood terrified me. I would surely faint if I were tasked with the job of collecting the body parts of demons. I supposed someone had to do it for the sake of science. It that was the case I much preferred it was the Doctors than me.

"Well that sounds interesting," I said as I stood up. "I think that will be enough for now to let me start my work. I thank you for your time and wish you good luck."

Unless the Sennin said anything further I would leave his office.

[Leaving Topic]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Curious expression. No matter she headed off and Kushin was able to get on with his work. Perhaps if the girl understood what truely having demon blood was then she'd realise that bloodlines weren't the same thing at all. Still, that didn't worry him, she had her information, he had his, and he had work to do.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back