Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Koizumi Haruna -> Uchiha Masami [inactivity rebirth]

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Old Character Name: Koizumi Haruna
Old Village/Missing: Cloud
OCR Type: From Inactivity
Last Known Where-abouts: Cloud
Old IC Rank: Genin

New Character Name: Uchiha Masami
Preferred Username: Uchiha Masami
New Village/Missing: Leaf
New BL/CA: Uchiha
Custom Class:

Code:
[u]Spitfire[/u]
[b]HP:[/b] (45+lvl) x stamina
[b]CP:[/b] (50+lvl) x chakra control
Class Bonus: Kinjutsu Option
[i]High:[/i] Ninjutsu Accuracy
[i]Average:[/i] Dodge, Genjutsu Save, Genjutsu DC, Ranged Accuracy
[i]Low:[/i] Melee Accuracy

Main Branch/ANBU/Med-Nin: Main Branch
IC Rank: Genin

Character Age: 18
Sex: Female
Character's Physical Description: Possessing an average stature, Masami stands at five foot five inches; on that note, she lacks an imposing physique. With a slender build and pale skin, she missed a great deal of exposure to the sun in her early upbringing, preferring to remain inside with her art. With a traditional colour scheme for her lineage, she has coal black eyes and similarly coloured, long hair. She does not have a large number of scars. Masami subdues much of her emotion these days, and her expression often comes off as aloof, stoic, and when a good mood strikes, laidback. There is a wine-coloured birth mark vaguely in the shape of a flower on her back, but it is covered most of the time. Her weight is within the range of one hundred fifteen to one hundred twenty pounds.

It would be hard to define her entire wardrobe, but she prefers clothing that allow ease of movement while also retaining a semblance of beauty, be it spats, leggings, shorts coats and jackets with flared collars and other ornamental motifs. The Uchiha symbol is always stamped and or interwoven into the fabric of her varying attires.
Character's Mental Description: In contrast to cheerier days for her, her optimism has evolved into a hybrid of cynicism and pessimism, although she identifies as a “realist.” Based in an art store for much of her upbringing, her beliefs and philosophies were morphed by her artistic surroundings. Art can be considered more than just paintings and sculptures; she believes it dwells all around, in even concepts, beliefs, and ways of life—however, witnessing these concepts rot has put a dent in her ability to remain positive. At the very least, she doesn’t come off as malignant or hostile. From an outside perspective, anyone may glean that her outward personality is distant, stoic, yet laidback—perhaps to the point where it could be identified as lazy—which especially explains her innate aversion to leadership roles. Comedy ensues when her penchant for dark humour and her strange taste of reading material make themselves known.

She believes that within every act, and every living or non-living thing, can be interpreted as artistic in some way. Masami is the type of person who could deem worms writhing in mud as a beauteous action because of the simplistic strive for survival, which is so integral in the cycle of the world around them. She is fairly flamboyant in mannerisms and eloquent in speech. If her interest is piqued, she may try to convince an individual of the art in all things, even if those things seem bad. Sometimes she manages to console others through these means, or they take horrific offense to it.

There is a sensation of being hollow that always gnaws at her heart. Not physically, but in purpose and role. For her, she is the lone person without any beauty of her own; as though she is merely going through the motions, drifting through an aimless void. Perhaps she once felt she was a medium to portray art, or make others see it, but she is the worst critic of her own actions and does often does not see the merit. She has a self-loathing for this numb emptiness.

Overall, the best way to describe the woman’s temperament would be melancholic. She is not as exuberant as she used to be, and everything she does seems subdued; as though she is trying to remain unnoticed, like a ghost passing by. Confrontation does not fill her with fear, as she finds interaction difficult to move her. Try as she may, it’s easy to spot the difficulty she has with making genuine expressions. Often she supposes blank canvases can have their charm—but that is in the eye of the beholder.
Multiple Personality Application: N/A
Character History/Bloodline Application:
There was nothing abnormal about Masami’s birth, born within a hospital in Konoha to a militant couple. Her mother owed her lineage to the Uchiha clan, albeit from a distant minor family, while her father owed no clan to his name. After being delivered, she spent the first few years of her life in the company of her mother, who temporarily reduced the amount of missions she participated in to take care of her daughter at home.

When both of her parents had to work, she was placed in the care of her uncle. Close enough to her father to be considered a brother but bearing no blood relation, he would visit and take care of her while her parents embarked on mandatory endeavours. Her exposure to her parents became infrequent as she aged; they always seemed to be out working. In turn, she eventually moved in with her uncle, whose humble house doubled as a small art shop where he sold supplies and artwork alike. He made a modest living from it, enough to support himself and the girl he thought of like a daughter.

He was like a mixture of her mother and father; less strict than her mother, but more structured than her father who often spoiled her. While she attended schooling, he often had her help him around the shop. Exposure to art developed a curiosity towards it, and after asking her uncle to teach her, eventually fostered a passion in it. As she grew, she explored more than just painting and art, but also gained an interest in other muses such as music. Enjoying everything that allowed artistic expression, she adopted her uncle’s world view that there was beauty in everything, one just needed to look. By creating art, she hoped to inspire people to appreciate it more. At first, she had no interest in the occupation her parents possessed. Her mother expressed her disappointment through letters, but Masami was not dispirited.

A specific incident, and the awakening of the special powers of her eyes, changed the course of her life, resulting in her enrollment into the academy.

The incident that altered the course of her life was predictably related to her burning passion for all that is beautiful. Her uncle was approached by a few fervid art collectors who had noticed his expertise with painting, and decided to ask him if he would like to participate in a local competition. There was prize money involved, which could be used to expand his shop and thus increase the amount of space available to display pieces. With that in mind, her middle-aged guardian started to slave away at his project for months on end.

While he worked, it limited his ability to maintain the shop. A lot of responsibilities were shifted to her, mostly simple tasks a child could digest like tidying up and showing customers around. The girl did not mind the extra workload, eager to see the fruits of her beloved guardian’s labour and hoping that he would be able to use the paintbrush to illustrate his feelings. It took a long time, but he managed to do it. He painted a masterful piece that left her awestricken. She only witnessed a few glimpses at it in his workshop in passing, but the final creation left her breathless. A woman—who she guessed may have been his first love—making her metamorphosis into a raven. At such a young age her understanding of love was minimal, but she swore she felt it when she drank in the nuances and technique of the portrait.

Certain that he would win the competition, she felt an unbridled sense of pride. Ren told the hosts of the competition about its completion, and he and Masami went off to a celebratory dinner. When they returned that night, they found a horrific sight in their wake.

Upon unlocking the door, they found the shop in shambles. Supplies, furniture, and artwork had indiscriminately been ruined or destroyed. One mutual thought moved through their mind after their initial shock, and they rushed towards the workshop. There inside of the working space they found the masterpiece marred by the workings of a large knife, cut straight through the middle. The uncle who took care of her in her parents’ stead was heartbroken, and for the first time, Masami felt intense hate and sadness in her heart at the same time. It was the first act she could not find any beauty in. Her vision blurred, and for a moment, her dark eyes became crimson with familiar, mismatched tomoe.

The following days were spent cleaning up, withdrawing from the competition due to unforeseen circumstances, and slowly rebuilding the shop. She made a vow over the following weeks—to make something of herself in the form of chasing her parents’ career and help her uncle rebuild his shop to its former state, and to gain the skills needed to find criminals like the one who committed the vandalism. If she could be someone who prevented the destruction of what she believed to be beautiful, then that was what she would be.

All seemed to go well from then on. Over the span of a relatively short amount of time, Masami improved, enrolled in the village’s academy, and underwent training through myriad mentors and their impressive training regimes. Through several encounters, she took interest in both the ANBU and Medical Branch, but never could come to a conclusion regarding which she wanted to pursue more. Eventually, she passed a Genin Exam she described in retrospect as scary, but in her aversion for leadership roles, seldom took the chance to display any prowess for higher ranks afterward.

She hit a mental hurdle over the years that followed. The more she improved her aptitude with her lineage, the more she familiarized herself with the blood of her mother swimming through her veins, the more she became acutely aware of the abilities her clan was known for. She did not disdain them, but she found herself daunted by it and what she may be capable of. With destructive feats at her fingertips, she was thrown into a mental loop; an existential crisis with her overall purpose because she was uncertain how to protect art with a reportoire of innate skills with such a penchant for annihilation of people and things.

Consequentially, Masami stagnated. Daunted by the prospect of progress, fearful of what she could become – especially with her past mentor’s cautionary tales regarding their lineage – she output less effort, and shunned opportunities to try and seize higher ranks; ones with more responsibility than she had. For now, Masami had become a metaphorical bird within a cage; but this cage was of her own creation.
Clan Request: Uchiha – Am I doing this right?

Death/Retirement Thread: N/A
Old Profile: I don’t have these links/don’t have access to them, but they’re in Cloud I believe. The closest thing I have is a link to the OCR here: https://ninpocho.com/threads/uchiha-masami-koizumi-haruna.61423/
Old Training: ^
Old Dojo: ^

Special Usergroups: N/A

Old Stats:
Agility: 300/300
Stamina: 184/300
Taijutsu: 300/300
Ninjutsu: 120/300
Genjutsu: 120/300
Chakra Control: 184%/300%

Old OOC Rank: B
Stat Cut: N/A
New Stats:
Agility: 200/300
Stamina: 200/300
Taijutsu: 200/300
Ninjutsu: 200/300
Genjutsu: 200/300
Chakra Control: 208%/300%

New OOC Rank: B

Jutsu Mastery Swaps:

I’m sorry in advance if I get any of this wrong, I haven’t been around in quite some time (was here before the inventory stuff). If I can have these refunded, I believe I just rebuy what I want from the shop afterward? Or do I have to do that here?
Based on this OCR: https://ninpocho.com/threads/uchiha-masami-koizumi-haruna.61423/
The jutsu are the following:

E-Rank
Transformation - Mastered, 6 asp
Body Switch - Mastered, 6 asp
Grip - Mastered, 6 asp & 450 yen
Charge - Mastered, 6 asp & 450 yen

D-Rank
Cancel - Mastered, 8 asp
Spirit Lantern - Mastered, 8 asp & 1200 yen

C-Rank
Shadow Dance - Mastered, 10 asp & 3250 yen
Dragon Assault - Mastered, 10 asp & 3250 yen
Shoryuken - Mastered, 10 asp & 3250 yen
Grapple - Mastered, 10 asp & 3250 yen

B-Rank
Unbound - Mastered, 12 asp & 7500 yen
Suplex - Mastered, 12 asp & 7500 yen
Primary Lotus - Mastered, 12 asp & 7500 yen
Shadow Step Strike - Mastered, 12 asp & 7500 yen
Seismic Toss - Mastered, 12 asp & 7500 yen
Submission - Mastered, 12 asp & 7500 yen
Spear Hand - Mastered, 12 asp & 7500 yen
16-Hit Combo - Mastered, 12 asp & 7500 yen

--

Based on the math in the linked thread, I think the refund total would be 77,200 Yen / 176 ASP? I seem to have 155,300 on hand currently from before inactivity.

Other Refunds: n/a

Name of any Contract you currently own: N/A
Name of any Cursed Seals you currently own: N/A
Name of Kinjutsu you own: N/A

Still actively roleplaying in any other threads?
None

--

Note: Just would like to return to my old old character. Also, I want to apologize for phasing out randomly a couple years back I got caught in a bad hurdle in real life unfortunately. Also really sorry if I messed up with anything above/if I'm not doing this quite right. x.x

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back