Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Last Lesson For Now (Tutor/Manzo)

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Leaving Leaf was rather sudden. He had finished his last class with Takeshi not too long ago and he had hoped that he would get a few more pointers from the veteran ANBU. Not to mention that their fight in the survival class was cut short because of time constraint. Still, if he were able to continue, he was already down to his last ounce of energy back then and was threatening to lose control and perhaps even have to draw out energy from his demon. But recalling the encouraging words from Junko and Takeshi, constant training would help him reign in the power and he would be able to use it for protecting others rather than to destroy. That was the whole point of this trip for him, after all– to learn to control his beast and become a shinobi who was worth it to Kumogakure and help defend the country.

And so, even as they left through the gates, he had made a last bit of effort to ask for help from Takeshi to improve himself. Though he figured that the latter would be far too busy with work, and since he and Junko were now leaving, his so-called work to watch over the troublemaker (himself) was now over. But he was a bit glad when he at least got a reply stating that perhaps something could be done and that before they actually depart from the country, Kiri could have one last class from Takeshi.

“Wait, is he really coming?” wondered Kiri as he sat on a broken tree in the middle of the forest. He was looking over the clearing before him, a small pond not too far to the right, and the trees standing tall surrounding the area. This was one of those areas in the outer regions of the country he had been hunting at before he entered Konoha per se. If possible, he would able to use it to his advantage. In any case, Junko would be somewhere finishing off any needed preparation while Kiri was allowed to do some last effort training.

Sighing, Kiri looked down as he ran a finger along the hilt of his sword, admiring the steelwork of the tsuba (crossguard). He wondered when he would be able to visit Akira-san again to give Nakigitsune a good check-up. Perhaps after all is done, he thought. For now, he needed to focus and prepare himself for an important encounter.

WC: 412

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo could not believe he had been asked to go to the outside of the village to tutor some shinobi from another village. It seemed that this young shinobi had been taking many of the classes with the other academy students under Takashi, but there was still a question of was he ready to be let loose onto the world. It would seem someone above Manzo’s pay grade felt the responsibility to ensure that was the case. Manzo could not understand why anyone would care, after all this was a shinobi from another village so that would be their problem.

As he walked to the pound he saw the young boy he had just let out through the gate. He was not wearing his ANBU mask, he liked to keep his ANBU job separate from his day to day life and this job did not call for that.

”Good afternoon, My name is Manzo and I am here to give you a class it seems. A class in..“ he stopped talking to look down at his notebook. At least it was something he could speak to ”ahhh a sparring class. This should be fun.“ Manzo said with a smile on his face. Despite the fact he did not understand why he was being sent out here, he was still determined to enjoy the day. After all if he didn’t then it would not be the best class he could give.

He evaluated his pupil from first impressions. The sword that he was fingering certainly showed that he was likely to be doing at least some taijutsu. Manzo hoped that was the case. Taijutsu sparring was far more fun than when he faced someone that only did Ninjutsu. ”So why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourself, and since we are the only ones going to be out here feel free to attack me whenever you are ready. That will give me a chance to get a feel for you skill level then we see what we can do about improving it after that. “

Despite the fact that he had read, he thought about it for a second, yes it was Kiri was his name. Kiri’s passport, that might as well have been a different person. Besides the passport only said a name not who was behind the name after all.

WC 401

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And he knew it. The moment he felt the presence of another, and upon revealing himself, Kiri was a bit disappointed. It wasn’t Takeshi. He wasn’t exactly mad that another had come in the teacher’s place, he was simply just hoping to prove his progress to the other. That said, Kiri didn’t show any any disrespect or boredom, or any signs of hatred to this new face. He rose from where he sat and gave a slight nod towards the other’s direction with a smile.

“I’m Kiri,” he would say in response to Manzo’s greeting. He could tell from the way the brunette spoke that he was someone of authority, to say the least. “I apologise beforehand if this was a bit out of the way, and probably unreasonable. I talked to Takeshi before and… well, he helped me a lot during my stay here and so I was hoping one last lesson would do. Ah, but I will still do my best today. It would be an insult to do it half-heartedly after all that I told him before.”

As he approached the other, keeping a good distance between them for safe measures, Kiri let his hand fall to his sides, his happi swaying behind him against the breeze. He took a moment of silence to relish the kissing breeze upon his cheeks, wondering if this would be the last time he’d feel this familiar presence for a long time to come. He’d gotten used to Leaf’s climate, he supposed.

Returning his eyes to Manzo, he would answer the query. “Well, I’m hoping to improve on my combat instincts, but as for what really needs improvement, I guess you’ll be able to assess it during battle itself.” Taking off the happi and casting it aside, down to his normal dark coloured yukata, Kiri would prepare himself. “I prefer having to start when both sides have declared they are ready. So, if you will, please.”

Not a moment without a smile on his lips. It wasn’t that he relished the thought of fighting. It was simply because he had a feeling he would enjoy this particular one.

WC: 358

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo was already starting to take a liking to the kid. He was saying all the right things to put Manzo at ease. It seems that Takashi had taken a special interest in him which explains why Manzo was out here. With all of Takashi’s new duties he just did not have time to give a private class.

”It is nice to meet you Kiri, it is interesting that you want to work on your combat instincts?“ He pondered the statement for a moment. ”That would mean i would need to work on coming at you from lots of sneak attacks“ he said with a smile. ”But that also means you need to be prepared all the time“ The smile dropped off a bit and he seemed to drop into more of a teacher mode. ”When I said come at me when you are ready, that was me saying that I am ready. When I meet someone new I need to ensure that I go home at the end of the day. That means I need to be prepared for any attack that might come. It is a skill I recommend you honing.“ The boy while respectful had missed a prime opportunity.

”It is a bit different when you are within the confines of your village there you are surrounded by allies. Borders have been policed so it is rare that someone would do you harm there. But out here“ Manzo spread his arms indicating the wilderness ”Out here there be monsters. In fact, was I really sent by Takashi or am I am just some missing-nin that stumbled across you and needs to get rid of you because you saw me to close to the village border.“ The last part was said with a display of an evil grin.

He let what he said sink in for a moment before once again the smile returned to his face. ”But don’t worry I was sent here to give you a class and evaluate you. So, when you are ready, feel free to attack.“

[WC:364]
[B-Mod Called]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
n0xElVU.gif

I am the terror that flaps in the night...

I mean, hello, I shall be modding this fight. Couple of things needed and some reminders;

• 1. Please send me a PM with all of your fight/bio/dojo related information; Stats, custom class, abilities, jutsu, inventory (listing what is in your slots for this fight), if you are carrying weapons give me their information, if you are rocking a kinjutsu, CA and/or BL please provide me the information you have on those (listing what passives, moves, and jutsu you have for those)
    2. In a separate PM send me your actions for the round
    3. Please link all of the actions you are using to make the mod go smoother/more efficient
    4. Please list what rank your technique is that you are using otherwise they will be considered Rank 1
    5. Please mention all maintains in your PMs otherwise they will be considered dropped
    6. The deadline is 48 hours, unless all parties agree to something different and communicate it with me, to submit actions from the time the mod goes up (failure to do so places you in defensive stance for the round and drops maintains)
    7. If there are any issues in the mod, please contact me either through PM or Discord (Roku, The Unicorn Wizard) and corrections and/or clarifications will be made in a timely manner!

I think that just about wraps it up, so let's get dangerous!

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]
Manzo
"The Heavy Handed Fist of Leaf"

HP: 48,000 - 2.25 - 2510 + 771 + 2400 = 48,000 [Caps at Max HP]
CP: 30,000 - 2112 = 27,888
AP: 10 - 9.25 = .75
AP Next Round: 10.75
Status: Got the powah in his eyes, feeling a little heavy, hitting hard, a little tangled in wires
Maintaining:​
|
d79433860d81e2619891c8571359df2f6b5a4c3a_hq.gif

Round 1!

0.00s Manzo Declares Duelist on Kiri
Manzo Quickdraws Fola
Manzo's Weights are On
Manzo used Unreal Celerity to open Gate 6 and use Chakra Extension
Kiri Declares Duelist on Manzo
Kiri uses Initiative to draw Nakigitsune and Ninja Wires

0.00s Manzo utilizes a Sneak Attack on Kiri
----Full Hit, Poisoned (Suppression chance failed)
-----Kiri's Proximity E-Note is detonated on impact: Damage split between Kiri and Manzo
0.00s Manzo utilizes another Sneak Attack on Kiri
----Full Hit, Poisoned (x2) (Suppression chance failed)
1.25s Kiri uses Shadow Possession with Ninja Wires on Manzo
----Success, Manzo is Bound
1.25s Kiri uses Shadow Neck Bind in conjunction with successful Shadow Possession
----Success, Full DMG Dealt
2.25s Manzo attempts to break free from bind
----Success, Manzo is free
4.00s Manzo uses Chakra Extension</COLOR><i></i>
<COLOR color="grey">4.38s Kiri uses Shadow Garb with Elemental Aura and Elementalist: Control
5.63s Kiri attempts to enter stealth (Success)
6.75s Manzo uses 16 Hit Combo with Bandage Wraps Special Action: Bandage Pull
----Blind shot attempt, Success
----16 hits succeed, Full DMG (x15), 75% DMG (x1), Poisoned (Poison applied two stacks through the 15 hits; x4 cap reached) (1 stack of suppression applied [.5ap removed]) (Kiri has been hit and removed from stealth)
6.75s Manzo's bandaged pulled Kiri right into a Fist of Virtue: Patience
----Success, Full DMG(Suppression chance succeed, x4) (Kiri has 2AP total removed)
6.76s-10.00s Due to AP usage to break bind, Manzo does not have the AP to complete actions this round; Due to suppression chances late in the round, Kiri does not have their .5 AP to carry over to next round
----------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: Again, apologies for the delay. Now that we are rolling this will be a much quicker process. All-in-all everything was pretty straightforward and a lot of both your conditionals either did not get met or could not be executed. I know this is a teaching moment, so my goal is to keep you both happy with the mod and I hope you get the appropriate character development from this! If you have any questions or issues let me know!

Edit #1: Incorrectly listed Manzo's gate as 7 when it was 6; this caused a minor issue with AP listed above. I will make a quick run through to ensure no other issues are lingering because of the gate mix up. Small issue with the timing being slightly different, but ultimately did not change the outcome of actions or AP expenditure for either combatant.

Edit #2: I had missed that Manzo's usage of Unreal Celerity would have not been able to cover opening a chakra gate and using chakra extension, as the AP total would have been 2.25 (.25 outside of the 2AP use). Timing has been edited to reflect this change, no actions were impacted.

Edit #3: There was a mistake with the use of suppression along with the timing, this has changed the overall timing and allowed Kiri to enter stealth. The late game suppression did, however, remove any remaining ap from Kiri to utilized as carry over.

|
Kiri
"The Shadow Beast of Cloud"

HP: 20.400 - 816 - 7716 + 408 = 12,276
CP: 21,200 - 3045 = 18,155
AP: 8 - 8
AP Next Round: 8
Status: Feeling like they got hit around 20 times, suppressed late in the game, poisoned
Maintaining:​
[/col3]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo did not want to go all out, at least right away. He needed to judge his student’s potential so he could gage how hard well he would be able to take a punishment. He had been told very little about Kiri beforehand, though given a single warning. Until that event happened he would happily keep up this spar.

Deciding to leave his weighted sleeves on, he began to attack. He did not start with his hardest hitting attack and only opened a single chakra gate. This was done mostly for the side benefit of it.

” Interesting use of the shadows. Trying to keep me bound, prevents me from acting but it seems that it wasn’t strong enough to hold me long. Perhaps it might be better if you used it while hiding? I am far from an expert on binds though. “ He said as he broke from the shadow possession jutsu.

”I honestly thought you would be using clones to attack me. Giving me more targets to choose from. It is good that you did not do that, such a thing would not work on me. But if you still would like to you are more than welcome to.”

As Manzo’s attacks progressed and ramping up in intensity he could see that they were having their effect. This fight was not going to last much longer at this rate. Jumping back he put some distance between them ”Combat instincts huh. Well I suppose I should start throwing some things at you to test your combat instincts. The only way to truly improve them is to use them.” Manzo said with a smile on his face.

Would Kiri be ready for what Manzo had in store for him?

WC:290

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To be honest, Kiri was a bit confident in going into the fight. He needed a bit of it in order to be effective, but somewhere in his mind, he was still haunted by the repercussions of his past actions that he could not immediately just let his soul take over and do whatever it wanted. Perhaps he should have.

As he went to try and bind the latter, manipulating the shadows with his chakra, allowing them to surface and strike, he felt that the success would be brief. And even if he managed to successfully. It was then when he felt a stinging in his body, like the moving of the unwanted corrosive nature that flowed within him. Was he poisoned?– he wondered, but he would try to ignore it as the teacher would move to free himself from the bindings and begin his own strikes. And despite his precautions, Kiri would find himself in the receiving end of the strikes.

A series of blows caught him and Kiri came crashing down on the ground but not for long. He was quick on his feet to get back up. Though his breathing ragged and quickened its pace, he kept a long gaze on the opponent and began to envision his movements. It was a stunner. This moment made him remember of the days when he had nothing to show for his strength. And just when he thought he had gained some, it would seem as though it was still quite far.

He closed his eyes briefly, drowning out the taunts and commentaries from the ANBU, drowning out the pain that coursed in his body, simply allowing himself to connect with his instincts better. It felt long but it was quick, for the moment he opened his eyes again, his demeanour would have changed.

WC: 304
[MFT]
[Actions sent]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]
Manzo

HP: 48,000 -100 + 496 + 2400 = 48,000 [Caps at Max HP]
CP: 27,888 - 3270 = 24618
AP: 10.75 - 9 = 1.75
AP Next Round: 11
Status: Wearings Weights, Wiry Mess, Overall Feeling Good, Educating
Maintaining: Gate 6, Chakra Extension​
|

Round 2!

0.00s Kiri uses a sneak attack on Manzo
----Miss
0.00s Kiri uses a sneak attack on Manzo
----Miss
0.00s Kiri attempts to enter stealth
----Attempt Failed
2.25s Manzo uses Transpositional Flurry (Called Shot: Hands) on Kiri
----Hit (Called Shot Success: Hands Sprained), Hit (Suppression), Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit
3.50s Kiri attempts a hidden action
----Miss/Failed
4.50s Manzo uses Transpositional Flurry (Called Shot: Hands) on Kiri
----Hit, Hit (Suppression), Miss, Hit, Hit, Hit
6.63s Kiri uses Dark Displacement: Special Action
6.75s Manzo uses Transpositional Flurry (Called Shot: Hands) on Kiri

----Kiri Auto Dodges and attempts to enter stealth
--------Stealth Attempt Failed
9.00s Manzo uses Transpositional Flurry (Called Shot: Hands) on Kiri
----Hit, Miss, Miss, Miss, Partial Hit (50%), Hit (Suppression)
10.00s Kiri's suppression (3 stacks) prevented use of last action
--------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: Make sure you brush up on the UBR as there have been a couple of mistakes with appropriate usage of certain actions or up-to-date with certain rulings. If anything was missed or any questions please let me know! I've been treating this as an educational experience for all three of us =)

|
Kiri

HP: 12,276 - 5778 - 1300 + 408 = 5,606
CP: 18,155 - 1274 = 16,881
AP: 8 - 7.5
AP Next Round: 8.5
Status: Poisoned (last round), Sprained Hands, Battered by Punches, Suppressed
Maintaining:Shadow Garb​
[/col3]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo became a blur on the field, briefly appearing next to Kiri before delivering a series of precise strikes. Using his techniques it must have felt that he was everywhere at once to Kiri. Both of them seemed to be using what strengths they had which was good. The problem for Kiri was he was starting to fall into a repetitious pattern. Hiding was not going to do him any good in this fight. Yet he kept trying. It was good that Kiri was stubborn but perhaps he needed to try a different technique than trying to attack from stealth.

Manzo could tell that the sparing match was coming to a close. Kiri appeared to be primarily a ninjutsu user and his hands had to be hurting after taking the attacks directly to them. It would be hard for him to form hand signs. That had been Mano’s goal. He wanted to place Kiri at a disadvantage to see what he would do against it.

As Kiri dodged one of Mano’s fury of blows in a cloud of smoke, he decided to continue with his lecture. ”Good move. You are not going to able to keep up with my speed so you need to find other ways to avoid my blows, like that jutsu right there. But don’t just rely on trying to attack from stealth. It takes time to set up moves like that and so far it hasn’t been effective against me. Don’t use the same kind of attack if it doesn't work. Think of new angles to attack from. Attacking from stealth is an outstanding move, one that you seemed to be uniquely suited for but would you hammer fire jutsu’s against a water adept? Flexibility in battle will help ensure you get to go home at the end of the day.“

He could hear Kiri’s breathing getting heavier. He wasn’t sure how much more Kiri had left in him or if he would pull something dangerous out. Takeshi had warned him that Kiri could lose control and he was not to allow that to happen inside the village walls, but this was not inside the walls.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri was undoubtedly stubborn, and he had proven quite a few times that he was rather reckless. This time, however, it was getting on his nerves as well. He wasn’t landing any hits while he was catching everything. He crashed to the ground as he felt the pain on his hands right before he could avoid one of the strikes, leaving a faint trace of black mist in his wake. But still, even that attempt to hide his very presence would not work and soon enough, he found himself on the receiving end of a few more strikes.

Beaten, he spat out blood as he took in breaths to compose himself, eyes not faltering from where he was staring at the man before him. It was a fact that learning from various people was one good thing, but sometimes you can opt to avoid the hurt in the process if you have to. But for Kiri, it was a lot better to learn it with a few scars. And just like that, his mind got to work while the seeping energy from his beast inside him was surging out like a mad wave. Indeed, it would be vital at this point to finally let loose after being restricted for so long.

[actions sent]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]
Manzo

HP: 48,000 - 5258 - 100 + 1440 = 43,488
CP: 24,618 - 6780 - 210 = 17,628
AP: 11
AP Next Round: 11
Status: Wearings Weights, Wiry Mess, Feeling Some Pain, Educating
Maintaining: Gate 6, Chakra Extension​
|

Round 3!

0.00s Epic stare down occurs in the waning seconds of battle; Manzo drops Fola
1.00s Kiri's fierce resolution can be felt
1.00s Manzo remains steadfast in his education approach through 'tough love'

2.73s Manzo performs Chibaku Tensei with Focus against Kiri </B><i></i>
----Hit
2.93s Kiri activates Demon Cloak Omega<i></i>
5.00s Manzo uses Rasengan (Earth) with Debilitate against Kiri <i></i>
----Miss
6.44s Kiri uses Menacing Blast: Strafing to Target Manzo <i></i>
----Berserk Chance: Fail; Miss
--------Strafe Chance: Hit
7.73s Manzo uses Shinra Tensei <i></i>
----Hit
7.74s Kiri has been KO'd<i></i>
7.74s Seeing Kiri has been KO'd, Manzo stops all actions<i></i>​
8.00s-10s The area would once more return to a calm and quiet atmosphere. Upon the ground a fallen warrior, standing above him the victor who was attempting to teach a lesson to this young one. The ultimate result would be...
---------------------------------------------------------
Notes: Thank you both for this opportunity. If either of you have any questions (or if I missed something) please let me know. Once this mod has completely resolved, feel free to nudge me if you would like to discuss the mod/the fight and areas that would benefit you moving forward in future combat!

|
<B>Kiri

HP: 5,606 - 4840 - 612 - 5225 + 408 = -4,663
CP: 16,881 - 1800 - 2520 + 1060 = 13,621
AP: 8.5
AP Next Round: 0
Maintaining:Shadow Garb​
[/col3]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo looked down at his pupil as he lay unconscious on the ground. It seems that this fight ended just in time.

When he had been assigned to come out here and give an assessment on Kiri he had been told that there was a chance that Kiri could lose control and let some kind of power out. Manzo was not to allow this to happen within the walls of the village. While this was not inside the walls, he was not really up to having to explain widespread destruction outside the village.

As the fight was in its final seconds Manzo started to see a change come across Kiri. It was undeniable that it gave him more power. After all it was the first time he really started to hurt Manzo.

His hand started to glow a green color as he laid it upon Kiri. He was far from a Med-nin but he did know the basic first aid skill. It should be enough to get Kiri back on his feet.

After giving all the healing chakra he could he went and sat down under a nearby tree and waited for Kiri’s eyes to open. When they did he would tell him ”Come on over and have a seat so we can talk about what happened.“

Assuming that Kiri joined him he would prompt him the first question. ”Tell me how you think you did? I want to hear your assessment of the fight before I give you mine. “. Kiri might not realize it but this was part of the class. If you couldn’t self evaluate then you were doomed to stay stagnant forever.

[OOC: Thank you Roku]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Letting out a sudden burst of his demonic power, Kiri would then let his instincts take over. He shot out a sudden burst of chakra at Manzo, missing at first, but he would not be fazed as another followed and this time it was successful. But that may have left Kiri open for the final few strikes. Despite his best attempts to avoid the retaliation, he could barely keep up and a strong one would hit him dead and center. Flying across the ground and crashing, the trail of his chakra would disappear as he was beaten, left lying on the ground.

In his world of sudden darkness, there was nothing. It was empty. There was no pain, no sound, not even a glimpse of the darkside of his soulscape. Nothing. Then, slowly, there was a feeling. It was a sense of remorse, then of hurt, then of relief. It was a strange combination, a stange succession. And at the end of it, he felt a strange warmth.

Then a voice would resound, “Don’t take too long. But don’t be too fast either. It was a good run.”

The voice belonged to his brother, assuring him that his soulscape was slowly forming, which meant that his consciousness was returning. And along with it, he could feel the pain in his body, the swelling of muscles, the bruises, the cuts and gashes. And then, he would open his eyes, his vision adjusting at the light. From a torrent of light, green specks began to distinguish themselves until they became more clearer to be leaves of canopies of trees. The throbbing of his heart was more forceful and then the bruising of his limbs were getting more annoying. He let out a sigh, a gasp and a cough.

Turning his head sideways, he caught sight of Manzo underneath a tree, probably waiting for him. For how long he was gone, he didn’t know. But since it wasn’t nighttime yet, he was just glad.

Slowly, he would push himself to a sit before raising a hand towards his chest and let out a glow of his chakra. He winced at the act as he had to suddenly make use of his energy, but soon enough he would find comfort as the chakra that began to wash all around his body became a soothing touch. He would slowly heal, he thought as he then pushed himself to a stand, stretching his hands for a bit before glaring at Manzo. He always had a temper at losing, but he would also quickly let it go.

A smile would replace it, a sign of acceptance of his defeat, just as he began to approach the latter and take a sit in front of him. Let the assessment begin, he thought.

“That was kind of you to wait and not sell me away instead,” he joked before he thought of the right words to say next, “I was worried about using my power, so I tried to take a different approach. But I guess instead of running away from, I should just hone it so that I can have better control over it. And maybe, if I had let it run its natural course from the beginning, maybe, I could have shown a bit of what prompted me to Konoha’s detainment unit.”

He scratched the back of his head, flinched when he hit a sore spot, and then sat properly again. “In truth, my way of fighting is more destructive but I aspire to be someone who can provide medical attention. It’s rather… odd, so to speak, but I’m not giving up. So, what do you think? Should I get better control? I think if I can experience more of the world, then maybe I can adapt into more ways of fighting… and maybe turn my best offense into defense. Though it is quite bothering and scary to think I might accidentally hurt those I’m supposed to protect, but I think that I can make it work. That I can rein in this power, one step at a time.”

WC: 682

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching as Kiri slowly came to sit next to him. He seemed to have calmed down from their fight. For some reason Kiri seemed to have been getting worked up in the process. Perhaps that was part of his fighting style. One fight was not enough for Manzo to dig that deep into Kiri’s subconscious and pick apart his fighting style.

” Interesting so you were holding back through most of that fight. That explains the explosion of power at the end, something in you decided to stop holding back. Did I look fragile enough to be hurt if you held back? Did this terrain really look like there was civilians and property that we needed to protect?”

It was obvious these were rhetorical questions. ”You have great potential in you and if you can’t control it you need to look at your surroundings and be warry of it is something you need to hold back around. But the best thing you could do is learn to control it. Full disclosure I was told about it before the fight but as told as long as we weren’t’ inside the village I didn’t have to stop it. Which is one reason we are way out here.” He wanted to hammer home the idea that Kiri needed to be mindful of his surroundings.

”It sounds like you know what you need to work on: Control. Stop fearing your power so much, and if control over it will help then that is what you need to work on. But there is something else you should work on. Your flexibility. There were to many times in that fight that you kept trying the same thing over and over again even when it didn’t seem to work. If one kind of attack fails move on to the next. There is no one attack to rule them all. Some people are built to absorb a lot of damage and others are designed to overcome people that absorb that damage. Work on those things and as you get stronger you will be that much better in my opinion.”

He waited a few moments for Kiri to take in everything he said before asking ”Any questions? Thoughts on what I said?”

[MFT]
[TWC]2064

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Despite his best efforts to explain, Kiri quickly had to expound further, saying, “No, no, no. It’s not like I was belittling you or anything, I was just… I just didn’t have enough confidence on my control…” He waved his hands and then dropped his head in defeat. He would continue to listen to the rest of what Manzo had to offer. He smiled, at the very least, glad that he knew of what he lacked or what he must improve on. The only thing to do about it is to train further and gain the proper control.

And when everything was said and done, Kiri would shake his head to make a point that things had been clear for him. He then stood up and gave a humble bow towards Manzo. “Thank you for this. I must admit that I was expecting Takeshi to come, but your presence was well worth it. I hope we could meet again someday and maybe you can see if I improved or not.” He straightened and smiled at the latter. He had a feeling that he would one day meet with Manzo again, but that was mostly true with most of whom he would meet. Perhaps there was something about the teacher that made him look forward to their next encounter– whether that would be another crash course of fighting or simply to waste some time talking about life.

With this crash course coming to a close, Kiri would give one more farewell and then excused himself as he would have to meet up with Junko before they departed for Kumo. No doubt that this encounter would definitely become a memory worth learning from.

[WC: 281]
[TWC: 2,248]
[Topic Left]
[MFT]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Have no fear, I don’t think you were belittling you.” He did not want Kiri to walk away thinking Manzo left with a bad opinion of him. It was far from the case. Kiri had some potential.

”Hopefully I will get some vacation time and perhaps we will be able to spar on your home grounds. Until then have a safe travels and get stronger. ” he didn’t know when that would be but it was always best to leave with some hope.

[Topic left]
[TWC:2138]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back