Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Medical thread: Requesting Kahako and Shashu

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was the day after her return to the village, and Hikari, though fatigued, knew that she should get to the hospital. She'd taken a beating back in Tenouza, and had no doubts that if she hadn't been healed by Kitsune's final efforts, she would likely have been seriously injured. Her presence there was mostly to assure herself that she was physically fit for duty.

This was, she realized, the first time she had ever visited the mednin of Kumo. It was odd to think that the healers here were represented to the rest of the village by their sennin who was as like to Frankenstein as the man himself. The red haired woman leaned against a white wall and waited for the mednin to notice her. "Hello, I'm here to see Higa Kahako," She'd say. Remembering that her academy friend was a mednin was one of the only thing that persuaded her to enter the supposed center of healing. "If she's busy, I'll wait."

[Requesting Kahako as the attending Mednin]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
d78a4896-28e1-4ea0-9217-71909ca495f3_zps26c09098.png

Recognizing Kumo’s official ambassador, the mednin gave Hikari an apologetic bow before responding. “Ah, Tanaka-dono. Good afternoon. Higa-san has recently transferred to a different division,” He rose with an apologetic smile, “so I am unsure if she still performs in general patient care. If you do not mind waiting, I can send a page to her to see if she is available.” When he got her response, he would move to the reception desk nearby and pick up a phone. Shortly thereafter, he led Hikari to a common patient room and gathered general information as to why she was there.

---

Kahako was currently spending her time on paperwork. Ayumu had been very busy since his return, so she decided to wait before promoting her project to him. As such, she was rather at a loss with what to do with herself while waited. This made Kahako twitchy as she had nothing to do and the ANBU currently didn’t need or couldn’t use her services.

She was technically no longer a part of the Youritsu, but that didn’t stop her from being at the hospital helping in any way she could. Mostly, she spent her time in the civilian clinic, but today was a slow day in the usually understaffed wing. She made another crease, finishing her most recent report.

Picking it up, she gave it a good long inspection before releasing it with a flick of the wrist and watching it glide across the room. Like the others before it, it landed with a soft *plop* before sliding a ways across the floor to meet with the rest of its siblings. Kahako grabbed her next ‘project’ from the stack on her desk before a knock came at her door. “Y-Yes!” Kahako said, slightly surprised before standing. The floor nurse popped her head in. “Higa-san, a Tanaka Hikari has requested you as her preferred doctor down in patient care. They didn’t know if you would be too busy to take her…” the nurse paused when she noticed she was surrounded by various paper airplanes. Looking back at Kahako, she then saw the very intricate paper swans, dogs, and lotus flowers littering Kahako’s desk. “I’ll let them know that you are on your way,” she said in an ‘I am not amused’ tone before sticking her head back out of the door.

“Thank you,” Kahako responded sheepishly before moving to grab her white coat and following the nurse out of her office.

----

When the curtain giving Hikari some privacy pulled away, Kahako’s head poked through the other side to give her childhood friend a happy smile. “Hikari-chan! It has been a long time!” she chirped calmly as she entered with Hikari’s clipboard in hand. Her white doctor's coat, as always, covered Kahako's usual attire of red and black while her hair swayed softly with her movements. She flipped one of the sheets up. “I see that you are here for a post-mission check-up. Hopefully it won’t take me too long and you can be out of here without much worry.” She already thumbed through the most important parts of the report, so really all that was needed was Hikari’s account on any particular wounds that bothered her. Still, Kahako set the clipboard aside and activated the healing chakra in her hands to see if there were any minor abnormalities she could feel and heal. “If you don’t mind, I am just going to check for anything major like broken bones and sprains. Could you tell me what injuries you sustained in particular and what treatments you’ve gone under recently?”

After Hikari would respond Kahako nodded while she maintained focus on analyzing her body making note of any bruises or cuts that were left unattended.

[Edited to fix broken image]

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed Shashu had barely managed to fall asleep before a sharp pain in her side jolted her back awake. She had spent the night in bed turning what she had seen at the gates over and over in her mind, trying to sort out her feelings. If she had known Ayumu already had someone, would she have fallen so hard for him? Were her feelings strong enough to keep chasing after him when he already loved someone else? And how was she going to deal with the girl herself? All in all the sun had been peeking through her window before her mind finally wore itself out, and it was close to midday when she awoke.

Shashu rolled over onto her back and ran her hands over her body, wincing as her questing fingers found tender spots on her stomach and ribcage. Fayth-cursed bastard...who the hell uses a toilet as a weapon? She had taken quite a beating at the hands of Enishi and her injuries had never really been treated. A few blood pills to replace the blood loss and halt the internal bleeding had been all that was available at the time, and the intention had been that she receive more in-depth care after she returned to the village. It probably would have been a good idea to do that as soon as I entered the village, but...yeah...

Slowly and painfully she slipped out of bed and into her ANBU gear. She could have taken the time to put on normal clothes, but there was no point if she was just going to the hospital. If she expected to run into Ayumu it would have been a different story, but she wasn't about to dress up for some random doctor. A few minutes spent brushing her hair later she was out the door and on the way to the Aesculapium.

Shashu didn't waste any time waiting around after she arrived at the hospital and headed straight for the nearest med-nin she could see. Unfortunately the man she ran into was apparently descended from giants, as she practically had to jump and wave her hands in his face to catch his attention.

"Excuse me!" She growled in exasperation as he finally turned to face her. "Tsuirakuya Shashu, ANBU in training. I was supposed to show up yesterday for my post-mission checkup but something came up." The colossal med-nin opened his mouth to reply, but Shashu cut him off. "Yes, I am ANBU, and no, I'm not 'too young to be doing that sort of thing'. If you don't believe me check go fetch one of your superiors. I'm sure my injuries can wait."

Regardless of the med-nin's response she would plant her feet and not move until she got someone to treat her or someone in charge showed up, whichever came first. Normally she would have been more polite, but her injuries coupled with the emotional strain from yesterday to put her in a foul mood. The wannabe Colossus of Rhodes before her certainly wasn't helping her height complex either.
[MFT: WC-514]​

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Kahako chan! It has indeed, it's good to see you again." The ginger grinned. Her old friend's appearance was the picture of professionalism, with the white coat and everything... "I must tell you truly, the only doctor I've met until today was Isaki sama, and he... well, I would not seek his medical attention. Thank you for seeing me on such short notice." She bowed her head as she sat. The red haired woman pushed her bushy mane out of her face, and for the first time in years, found herself binding her hair in the way she had as a very young... person. It had to be something to do with Kahako's presence, reminding her of the old days. "Yes... the mission was... technically a success." She cleared her throat, knowing it was inappropriate to show as much emotion as she had, over the death of any shinobi, uncle or not. "But the fight was difficult. Many of us were injured before-" She stopped abruptly as she remembered Kitsune's death. She looked down, away from Kahako.

"Yes, hopefully there will not be much to worry about." She nodded. Phantom pains and aches had plagued Hikari since her return. At first she had ignored them, owing to the fact that she believed she needed nothing more than to rest. The healing from Kitsune... had closed her wounds for the most part.

“If you don’t mind, I am just going to check for anything major like broken bones and sprains. Could you tell me what injuries you sustained in particular and what treatments you’ve gone under recently?”

"Ah... Yes, feel free, you are the doctor, Kahako chan. I was... I'm not sure how badly I was injured. I fought, and was battered pretty badly. Masao-" She stopped again. "Not as bad as others. I did take a beating. I remember... Doing everything I could to keep them from hurting Hayata sama, as was my duty. Because of that, I was probably stabbed a lot... I recall being bound, and..." She shivered, "Something hit me in the ass and broke the bind." She grumbled, then muttered, "Still hurts. Anyway, I'm sorry, I don't know if I've got any sprains or breaks. Near the end of the battle, Shinrya Kitsune healed many of us, even at the expense of her life. I was not the most injured, nor the most important." She affirmed.

"Yes, I am ANBU, and no, I'm not 'too young to be doing that sort of thing'. If you don't believe me check go fetch one of your superiors. I'm sure my injuries can wait." Came a voice from the hallway. Some sort of disturbance, Hikari guessed. Maybe someone who needed help more than her.

Hikari raised a brow, "Do you need to check on that?" She paused, thinking she recognized the voice. It reminded her of a young AiT. Hikari, curiousity getting the better of her, stood up, and walked across the room, out of the private area, and toward the hall. She peeked out, and saw the back of a large and imposing mednin, whose face she was sure she wouldn't remember later, and when he moved, she saw a face she remembered from the very mission she was being examined because of.

"I miss him too." The young AiT said, pulling her into a hug. Hikari blushed, remembering the awkwardness of the hug, as someone who was unaccustomed to being touched by others.

"Shashu chan." Hikari smiled. "Are you well?" She glanced back into the room at Kahako, then she turned back to Shashu, "Is there some trouble?" She nodded at the mountainous mednin.

[mft-608]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She listened in silence to Hikari’s synopsis of the battle on her mission. Kahako was accustomed to Hikari’s hesitations. Many times, missions were on a strict need to know basis and Kahako wasn’t one that needed to know. But Hikari was able to tell her everything she could recall, and, as expected, Hikari took a beating. She could tell the difference between the old tissue and muscle and what had been quickly reknitted. As she passed over what was left of the wounds, she made a stronger chakra knit that would make sure Hikari wouldn’t tear any of the new muscle or tissue. It wasn’t healed completely, but the current state that Hikari was in was very far from life threatening.

What Kahako wasn’t expecting, however, was how Hikari was healed so quickly. For a second, the chakra in Kahako’s hand glimmered. Kitsune-sensei was dead? Kahako went into healing auto-pilot as she reeled from the shock. Silence filled the room where normally, Kahako would continue to keep conversation light. Kitsune was like family to her. No, Kitsune was family. Not only did she take Kahako as her student, but she opened her home to the young girl without a second thought. And now the woman was gone? When was the last time she had seen her teacher? Now, it seemed, it was too late.

She didn’t register the commotion in her mind until Hikari mentioned it. “Ah, yes… I should.” She said softly turning to the door. But she couldn’t step into the hall immediately. Hikari passed through the door first, which gave Kahako privacy. She paused, letting her professional mask slip; her eyes grew glossy as she tried to refrain from crying. ‘I didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye…’ she thought, leaning a hand on the doorframe and clenching it into a fist before letting it go. Kahako straightened herself. There would be time to mourn later, right now Kahako had a patient to attend to.

Just as Kahako passed through the door, Hikari turned her head to Kahako and then to Hii-san. The taller mednin, who seemed confused as to what he was being accused of since he hadn’t said anything at all, looked to Kahako for help. Kahako’s soft smile was back in place, but there was still significant sorrow in her eyes. “Don’t worry Hii-san, I can take care of her if you need me to.” She said while walking up to her childhood friend and the new girl. "Well, she's in ANBU anyway. Your department," he simply said before turning away. You couldn't really blame him for being a little disgruntled.

“Shashu-san is it? I am Higa Kahako. It is a pleasure to meet you.” Her voice was happier, however it wouldn’t seem as… full as it did before. “I assume the both of you know each other, Hikari-chan?” Kahako asked lightly. Once a response was given, Kahako nodded and gestured for them to follow her. “Let’s go back into the room, there is another bed set up on the other side of the curtain that you can sit at Shashu-san. I’ll finish up Hikari and start working on healing you.” As she was turning her back to the girls, Kahako began to form hand seals. In a quick puff of smoke, there we suddenly two Kahako’s walking down the hallway. One only slightly shorter than the other.

Once inside, both Kahakos moved towards the cleansing station, giving the girls time to get situated onto their respective beds. “Take a look at Shashu-san, if there is anything you can’t handle, please let me know,” said what only assumed to be the original Kahako. “Fine, whatever,” snipped the other one quite loudly while she dried her hands. A noticeable glare was exchanged between the both of them before the clone turned and walked towards Shashu. “It’s not my fault you suck at properly making clones. I can’t control my emotions like you can,” grumbled the shorter Kahako before reaching Shashu’s bed. “Here,” Clone Kahako said to Shashu as she grabbed the curtain that separated Hikari and Shashu’s bed, “This way we can all talk together.”

Pulling the rolling stool towards the bed, clone Kahako tried to give Shashu a smile. It was half-hearted, but it was the best she could do. “If you don’t mind, I am just going to check for anything major like broken bones and sprains. Could you tell me what injuries you sustained in particular and what treatments you’ve gone under recently?” the clone asked. It was the same question the original Kahako asked Hikari earlier. The clone wasn’t in the mood to deviate from the script at that particular moment. Performing the proper hand seals, clone Kahako’s hands started to glow in healing chakra starting her assessment while listening to Shashu.

Meanwhile, the original Kahako returned to Hikari. “Well, fortunately, the healing that was done to you was extensive. Most of the wounds were closed, but the new muscle and tissue was and still is very weak. It is just what happens when our bodies are forced to heal unnaturally through chakra. I’ve in a sense reinforced everything, but I still advise not stressing your body if you can help it for a week or two.

The genjutsu that bound you most likely didn’t do anything severe and the pain you mentioned should go away with time. As expected of my sensei, you were healed properly, so there was nothing much left for me to worry about.”
Kahako picked up Hikari’s chart, writing down something as she continued. “And you’ll have to forgive my clone, Shashu-san. For some reason, I can’t get my entire personality to transfer to them when I make them. They are excellent healers, though they tend to be a bit snippy.” She said with a smile in the young ANBU’s direction. “I take offence to that!” piped the clone with a frown. It was focusing on Shashu’s side. More like it was frowning at Shashu’s side. “Does it hurt when I do this?” The clone asked, giving a firm push just under Shashu’s chest.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just you wait. One of these days I'm gonna get taller, and what are you gonna say then huh? Shashu thought angrily as she tapped her foot. Now that she was here she just wanted to get the examination over with. Not that she had anything important to do, as she had just returned from a mission, but still.

"Shashu-chan." Came a familiar voice to her left. "Are you well?"

"Hikari-chan!" Shashu exclaimed, her face visibly brightnening. It was strange really, before this mission the young AiT wouldn't have thought she would be willing to give the (former) Ambassador the time of day, much less be happy to see her, but here she was waving with a smile on her face.

Shashu winced in pain. Ouch. Ok, waving bad. Got it. Fortunately Hikari had been too busy looking behind her to see, though she did take notice of the Gigantor clone.

"Is there trouble?" Hikari said, arching her brow in a classic expression of disapproval.

She spared one final glare at the titan-esque med-nin before turning her attention back to Hikari. "No, no troubles. Well, no non-medical troubles at any rate, which is why I'm here. Fuji-san here was just being oppressively huge and slow." The AiT looked around for another med-nin to no avail. "I'm guessing you're probably here for your checkup too. Is there any chance..."

Shashu's words trailed off as just about the last person in the world she wanted to see stepped out from the same examination room that Hikari had emerged from. Same hair, same red cloak, same....chest....it's her alright. Kahako. Her sleepless night had done nothing to erase yesterday's scene from her mind. If anything, all the tossing and turning had only served to highlight all the worst parts. Even now she could see it: their smiles as they looked into each other's eyes, the concern on Ayumu's face as he held the crying Kahako in his arms, how happy they had looked after the moment they had shared....she just couldn't get it out of her head.

Uuugh, how could I be so stupid? She even said right there that she had joined the Sentou Henkan, I should have expected this! Shashu silently berated herself as the girl in question headed over in their direction, dismissing the giant 'Hii-san' whose words simply repeated what she already knew. "Well, she's in ANBU anyway. Your department." A small moan escaped her lips at his words. My department...the Sentou Henkan are attached to ANBU squads as combat healers...by the Fayth, with my luck she's probably going to be attatched to every squad I join from here on out.

While Shashu was busy bemoaning her fate Kahako bade the pair to fall back to the examination room and take a seat on the beds while she formed a clone and washed up. Shashu took a seat on the far bed while Hikari returned to her previous position on the bed nearest the door, after which the clone pushed the curtain aside and pulled up a stool to ask about her injuries.

"I didn't really participate much in the battle save for the end, though I did manage to get clobbered by a cast iron toilet. I took a few solid hits to my chest and stomach, I think I even coughed up blood before I passed out." She placed a hand on her her stomach as phantom pain shot through her at the memory. "I remember taking some blood pills when I came to and getting taped up, but that was it since um......" She bit her lip. "Since that was all we could manage at the time. I had some pain pills on the way back as well, but nothing else til I came here."

As she talked Shashu watched Kahako and the clone go about their work. Listening to her here, Shashu was reminded again why she couldn't muster the will to hate the med-nin. Although she tried to hide it Kahako was probably in just as much, if not more, pain as she was right now. They had both lost someone, albeit in different ways. And she was just so nice.

"Oh no, it's fine." She said in response to Kahako's apology for her clone, who protested to the crack before frowning and poking under her ribcage. Shashu sharply sucked in her breath and stifled a yelp at the touch. "Yeah, that hurts. It's been hurting there since this morning and I had a dull ache there on the trip back even through the pain suppressants. Is it broken?" She didn't even try to keep the worry out of her voice. Broken bones could keep her out of commission for weeks at a time, and she had work to do. She didn't have time to sit around at home.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari failed at first, to notice Kahako's grief until she looked back at her old friend. By then it seemed too late to hug her, or pat her, or whatever it was that people did to comfort one another when that were broken. The moment in which Hikari could have apologized without exposing to another person, her grief, was gone. Hikari, privately, vowed that she would apologize later. Presently, Kahako was walking toward the door, and Hikari went through to greet the littlest AiT. "Hikari-chan!" Shashu exclaimed, her face visibly brightening. She looked pretty banged up.

Of course, after the way Birdfucker had bashed her down, Hikari was surprised she hadn't been forcibly carried in as soon as she returned to the village. Shashu denied any troubles except medical troubles and said "Fuji-san here was just being oppressively huge and slow." Of the largeish man who looked about as done with the situation as a person could get."I'm guessing you're probably here for your checkup too. Is there any chance..."

Hikari nodded, "I am. Plus it was a good excuse to see an old friend." She said as Kahako came out. Shashu's disappointment was nearly palpable. Hikari looked between them curiously, tucking that bit of information into the 'probably not useful but certainly interesting' folder in her brain, as Kahako offered to treat Shashu and the two returned to the room. Kahako's made a mouthy clone so that she could treat both of them at the same time. The mouthy clone went to Shashu, and Kahako returned to work on Hikari.

“Well, fortunately, the healing that was done to you was extensive. Most of the wounds were closed, but the new muscle and tissue was and still is very weak. It is just what happens when our bodies are forced to heal unnaturally through chakra. I’ve in a sense reinforced everything, but I still advise not stressing your body if you can help it for a week or two."

"Kitsune san was... a very good healer." Hikari nodded sadly. "Ach, weak? Isn't there any way you could reinforce it? Not to be dismissive... but I have work that needs doing, with Masao's death and..." She took a deep breath, grimacing. "And all."

"The genjutsu that bound you most likely didn’t do anything severe and the pain you mentioned should go away with time. As expected of my sensei, you were healed properly, so there was nothing much left for me to worry about.”

Hikari winced as she heard the words 'my sensei' and nodded, "I... uh... I was insensitive. Telling you about Kitsune that way... I apologize. I... am not myself. Normally I'm much better..." She looked down, unsure of what else to say. "I'm sorry." After Kahako reacted, Hikari would continue, "Anyway... I um..." She cleared her throat, "You said I'm good? I can go?"

[mft 476-- Topic left unless stopped]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The original Kahako gave Hikari a small, exasperated smile. Shinobi. So quick to throw themselves into their work with little to no regard to what it does to their bodies. “I’m sorry Hikari-chan, I already reinforced the wounds as best I could. Sadly, no matter how many miracles we accomplish, even medical ninja are limited to what we can do. You can go as far as sparring and paperwork, but as your residing doctor, I’m ordering you to say out of direct battle for at least a week and a half.” Her smiled softened to one of humor, “Then you can beat people until your heart’s content.”

In the meantime, the clone Kahako frowned even further when Shashu explained what injuries she sustained. “I’m not sure,” she said softly in regards to a rib being broken. This time, she tried a stronger healing technique to see if that would heal the abnormality she felt. If it failed, then the next step would have to be taken, and it wasn’t pleasant.

Because she was so focused, the clone didn’t hear the soft apology that Hikari gave the original Kahako. The original was silent for a second as true sadness slipped into her eyes. She wouldn’t cry… not right now, but no amount of stubbornness could keep her from looking to the ground as she tried to find her words again. “It… it’s okay Hikari-chan,” she looked up at her friend, feinting a smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes, “we are all in this field of work knowing that we are going to lose each other one day. Especially in these halls, death is too common to be skirted around delicately.” She looked down again, unable to keep her friend’s gaze. “My condolences for the loss of your uncle,” She said quietly. They both lost family it seemed.

“Dammit,” came a call from across the room. Kahako’s clone immediately stood, pushing the stool away from her in the process. “Shashu-chan, I’m going to need you to slowly, and I do mean slowly, lay down.” She placed a hand each on Shashu’s head and opposite side of her torso to guide her onto the bed gently. “I’ve got two broken ribs on the upper quadrant. It’s really close to her lung. Not punctured, but it’s dangerously close.”

That snapped Kahako out of her depressed state and into action. Immediately leaving Hikari’s side, the original summoned a second clone, giving commands as if she were a completely different person. “I want one of you on anesthetics and the other on fortification.” Once she reached the curtain that separated them, she turned to Hikari, catch the question. Offering a final, somber smile Kahako dismissed her old friend. “Yeah, I’ll finish any paperwork needed to release you. I’m serious about taking it easy though.”

With that, she pulled the curtain back to its original position, giving her full attention to Shashu. By now, the new Kahako clone was gliding her hands along the girl’s injured side. Slowly, the pain would start to disappear, allowing the ANBU to breathe easier. “Shashu-chan,” began the currently working Kahako, “I know you will want to take a deep breath in relief, but I’m going to have to ask you to refrain from doing so. The place where your bones fractured is dangerously close to your lungs.” The original Kahako made it to Shashu’s head, performing complex hand signs before chakra started to flow through her own fingers.

“I’m going to put you under a sort of trance.” She started, placing both of her hands on either side of the girl, looking into her eyes while overhead with a smile on her face if only to keep her patient from panicking at the news and moving suddenly. Slowly, Shashu would feel like she was getting sleepy. “What is going to happen is that I will be resetting and mending the bone.” She said calmly and softly, as if in a mother would to a child she was putting to bed. “I’m putting you in this state, because you will feel the bones moving. It won’t hurt, I promise, but it will feel unnatural.” She moved her hand across Shashu’s forehead, gently pushing her bangs out of the way. It would seem like a petting gesture, but it was how just how the brain accepted chakra. “Just follow the feeling, Shashu-chan, try not to resist or move. If you do, my clones won’t be able to repair the bone properly.” She purposefully failed to mention the true reason why she was putting Shashu in this state for her own safety. “It will be over before you know it, and then you’ll be back on the field in no time.” She said, offering a final smile to the girl.

After a while, Shashu would feel herself finally reach a state of consciousness and awareness. It was as if she was trapped between the state of being awake and still dreaming. She would be able to feel her body, see the original Kahako above, and, if she tried hard enough, speak. However, beyond that, Kahako had forced the girl’s muscles to relax so much that she wouldn’t have even been able to twitch her pinky.

“Begin the procedure.” Kahako said above her. Quickly, the first clone made her hand seals before once again pressing lightly against Shashu’s side. Only a small pressure could be felt. Then, very slowly, a small shift would be felt under her skin… another shift… then a wiggle. Slowly, Shashu would feel the bones under her flesh moving to realign themselves, slowly reattaching and mending. The process was slow and would take quite a few minutes. While it was happening, Kahako would talk to Shashu: Mentioning her day, commenting on the weather… anything that kept Shashu’s mind off the weird feelings that were happening under her torso.

“You know… once I was eaten by a Nian cat when I was still an academy student.” Kahako said with a laugh. “Fascinatingly terrifying creatures, they are. Completely made of sugar, trust me; stomachs acids are nothing more than warm, liquid chocolate.” This was another random topic the original Kahako trailed upon. “Hikari-chan and some others helped me find a way out of it. Needless to say, I don’t really enjoy sweets anymore, but I gained the trust of the people there. Including Hikari-chan. I guess I should visit her more often than I have.”

Finally, the clone that was repairing Shashu’s bone gave a sigh. “It’s done.” She said before poofing in a puff of smoke. The clone had expended all of its chakra, no longer able to maintain its form. The second clone’s hands slowly lost their glow, also running out of chakra. “Get better, Shashu-chan,” it said tiredly before disappearing as well. This left only Kahako and Shashu in the room alone. “Okay, time to give you back your control over your body.”

Slowly, as if rising off the ground, weightless, Shashu would be pulled from her trance, it would take another ten minutes before Kahako moved away from her head, allowing her charka infused hands to disappear as well. “Well, that should be all of it. I want to keep you here overnight, just in case.” She said tiredly. Before Shashu could argue, Kahako raised a finger. “One night, I promise. Then you will be free to go. I’ll even allow you to return to the field in a limited sense if everything checks out well in the morning. But just like I told Hikari, you’ll need to take it easy, doctor’s orders. I’ll even be the one who checks up on you in the morning.”

When all was finished and answered, Kahako left the room to make sure Shashu was transferred to a more accommodating room for the night and a list of the nurses that would be on the following shifts until her release. Eventually Hii-san would return with a wheelchair to escort her up to the next floor. “This is where we separate ways Shashu-chan,” Kahako said, following the tall mednin in. “I am glad that I got a chance to meet you.” With this, she bowed slowly. “and I look forward to working with you in the future. Please, take care of me,” lifting her head with a smile. Once Shashu said her own goodbye, Kahako would turn away and leave the room. Though she was able to keep herself together during Shashu’s treatment, she needed to be left alone. Now was her time to mourn.

[TL unless stopped; MFT: +1400; will request for council approval when Shashu finishes post (please remember to make sure you have reached the word count required for a medical thread of this rank.); will edit later for grammar.]

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shashu hadn't initially thought that the injury was that bad, but Kahako's reaction changed her mind. How could it be that serious? I did the whole trip back with no problems...

She laid down with no complaints as Hikari left, closing the door behind her. Kahako's words were soft and slow, though Shashu wasn't sure whether or not she find them reassuring considering the med-nin's reaction just a few seconds ago. A gentle caress across her brow pushed her bangs out of the way, a gesture that was more comforting than the words had been. At least she knew that even if the injury was a big deal she was in caring and capable hands.

As the chakra filtered through her body and relaxed her control over her muscles a strange feeling swept over her. She was completely immobile: not a single finger, foot, or limb would obey her commands. The feeling wasn't one of panic however. If anything it was....pleasure? It was strange...with her eyes closed and no control over her body her other senses went into overdrive. Her skin was hyper-sensitive, the silk of her outfit grating sensually against her skin every time one of the Kahakos brushed against her. She could hear every sound out to the conversations in the lobby. She could even make out individual scents in the room: the lingering smell of ammonia on the floor, the faint scent of formaldehyde and antiseptic from the cupboards, the sweet perfume of Kahako's hair...

Then, all of a sudden, an entirely new sensation. She could feel her very bones moving underneath her skin, the tendons and skin moving with them. It was a strangely intimate feeling, someone mucking around with her insides while she was helpless, and had she been able to she was sure she would have been breathing heavily.

After a period of time that seemed longer than it should have Kahako managed to maneuver her broken bones into their proper places without incident and lifted her out her trance. She could feel the blood rush to her face as she regained control of her body, her breathing a little too rapid, though hopefully Kahako would think that was just a reaction from the treatment. Well it was, but not in that way...ehe.... The young ANBU thought nervously. What am I, some kind of pervert? What was that?

Fortunately (for Shashu at least) Kahako was too preoccupied with her own problems to notice. She told Shashu she would be kept overnight just in case, promising to let her out in the morning if everything went well. Of course, there was the inevitable caveat that she take it easy for a while, but no one really listened to that order unless they had to anyways.

Shortly the titanic med-nin from earlier returned with a wheelchair and the two brought Shashu up to the next floor. Her blush had started to fade by the time Kahako said her good-byes. "I'm glad I got the chance to meet you too, and I look forward to you taking care of me." She said in response, her blush immediately returning. "In the field I mean. Not that I intend to get injured or anything. It's just a dangerous job...ehe..."

You idiot! Just shut up already, you're going to give her the wrong idea! Besides, what are you getting all flustered over Kahako-san for when you were just crying over her taking Ayumu-sama??

Once again it seemed that the med-nin in red was more absorbed in her own inner struggles to take notice, and the two med-nin left the room. Hii-san shot her an odd look as he shut the door, but Shashu didn't much care about his opinion anyways, so she shot him a dirty look right back. Now alone with nothing to do but sleep, she did exactly that, quickly slipping away into dreams of tight ropes and soft hands.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back