Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Meet Your Maker (Doi-boi)

Omoi Tetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To say that Tetsu was still steamed about his failed boat trek up to the pass was an understatement. Being unreliable and incompetent was something he could more or less expect from other people, and so he’d just do it on his own, he’d tell himself, only to find himself blocked at every turn by bureaucracy, by people who had nothing better to do with their time than be more obstructive than useless. The boy, with this in mind, started shutting books every few seconds as loudly as he could, peeking through the bookshelves to see those studying slowly tense up their shoulders, which would eventually escalate to disgruntled head shaking, or muttering. ”NO, THIS ISN’T IT.” The boy would obnoxiously announce to himself after loudly slamming another book shut, or he’d suddenly snort with laughter, carefully timing it so as not to be so annoying that a librarian would be justified in coming over. If everyone in the village was destined to be little more than living obstacles, well, he’d have to learn to fit in sooner or later, wouldn’t he?

He would nonetheless, however, eventually make his way back over to his desk with another text on some of the folklore of ancient beasts in and around Water Country. When he arrived, however, he was confronted by a fat, old homeless man with a curly grey beard and shocks of white and grey hair, sleeping in his chair. Tetsu could have obviously found any one of the other empty tables to sit at. In the grand scheme of things, he’d probably regret very much choosing the path that was most in line with his nature in this moment, but he just couldn’t help himself. ”Hey old man,” he said, poking him with the corner of one of his books. When the man turned over, wiping the drool from his beard, Tetsu almost opted then and there to simply find another spot, but now he was goaded on by a deepening feeling of annoyance. ”Does this place look like the back alley of a bar to you? Go find somewhere else to sleep.”

”Tetsu, I’m glad I found you.” The man said, sleepily

”Oh. So you knew you were taking my chair then?”

”Is that really the kind of hospitality you’re going to greet your old man with?”

At this, Tetsu couldn’t help but grit his teeth silently. The truth was he took a certain amount of pride in being the one man in the room most capable of making others lose their patience. Was this his penance for trying to do something as responsible as studying? If he were in, say, a bar instead, he very probably could’ve gotten away with simply glassing the man. His own self-absorption in the throes of boiling rage ironically had the effect of making him momentarily lose track of the old man, and when he came back to the subject, noticed him mumbling something to himself. Great, one of these. Now, Tetsu wasn’t really above beating up a crazy, homeless old man, but a split second before he decided to lay hands on the man, he had turned around, knocking his chair over, and grabbed Tetsu by his shirt collar. He was surprisingly spry for his... general appearance. Also, he wasn’t wearing any pants or underwear. ”Don’t believe me, right?” He said in a raspy voice, before pushing the shocked boy away from him and climbing up on the table.

”I am the God of plausibility!” He announced to the rest of the library, and Tetsu had to at least relieve himself of a little stress, knowing that it was now being spread out among the whole room. ”If anyone were capable of seeing me in my true form, your eyes would start bleeding, do you understand me?!” It wasn’t long after this that a few librarians managed to wrestle the man off of his stage, but not before he could break away one final time and grab hold of Tetsu once more, struggling to lean in so that he could whisper something into the boy’s ear. ”Today, somebody is going to be punished for breaking the rules”

And that was the end of that. The man was hauled out as he yelled back into the room ”You understand me, don’t you boy? You understand, right Tetsu?!” Tetsu did indeed understand. He looked down at his chair, the one that was so recently being warmed by the homeless man’s bottom, and scooped up some of the books he had left in the spot. Frankly, he wondered if he still even wanted to touch any of those.

He sat and stared at one of the pages of the newest book he had taken, but none of the words were jumping out at him. For some reason, he seemed to be getting even more pissed off now that the man had left.

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Today was not the best day to read up on folktales from foreign countries it seemed. Doi looked up from his book in slight annoyance for what felt like the umpteenth time. There was quite the ruckus emanating from among the multitude of books and he just so happened to be seated near the source of it all. Or more so near the person who was intentionally causing the disturbance. The culprit seemed to find some enjoyment in the act as he went about slamming books closed. Admittedly, Doi himself would have found it funny had he not been in the library for his own personal reasons. He might have been inclined to join in too. Unfortunately, he was indeed there for the purpose of reading and as such found it to be a bit irritating. Despite all this, Doi’s naturally easy going demeanor prevented him from taking any actions to confront the troublemaker.

Tolerance was one of his most notable and troublesome traits after all.

Doi was able to return to his focus back to his book once the noise died down. What followed would inadvertently distract him again, though. The youth’s attention was again stolen once library staff began to run past him to suppress another disturbance. This time the young Chuunin watched as group librarians carried off a disheveled, dare he say homeless, old man. Said man rambling nonsensically about some ‘Tetsu’ person all the while. After taking a look down the direction the old man got carried off from, it didn’t take too long for Doi to realize that the noisy book-slamming guy and ‘Tetsu’ were one and the same.

Doi breathed a small sigh as he slowly closed his book shut and stood. It looked as if the universe itself was trying to stop him from accomplishing his goal. It must’ve been payback for that one time he accidentally let off an explosive tag inside of an old friends house. It was years ago, but the guilt was still killing him.

Legend has it that kid is still grounded to this day.

Poor fellow...

No longer feeling the desire to read he once had, Doi decided he might as well go and talk to Tetsu at this point. It was against his better judgement but it didn’t help that he was generally curious about what just transpired.

The young shinobi strolled over to where the other youth sat and spoke up.

“Hey, what was that guys deal?”

Omoi Tetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tetsu’s fingers ran along a few of the Morse code style bumps on the page, and really neither his finger nor his eyes were needed for the task, but he tended, nonetheless, to try to look at what he was looking at. He even prided himself on the force of habits like these that he’d developed. At the moment, though, he found his eyes wandering toward the library’s entrance, as if subconsciously pointing to where his thoughts were, the last few words he had read being silently mulled over by some mechanism in the boy’s mind that seemed to have completely stopped working.

”Hey, what was that guy’s deal?” Tetsu had to stop himself from jumping at the sudden appearance of a voice beside him, but it had the effect, at least, of bringing the boy back down from orbit. ”Well, these are the kinds of people you get when you tell people they can lounge around in your building without buying anything.” The boy responded after collecting himself, ignoring the irony of the sentiment as he considered whether or not he could get away with ripping a few pages out of the books he’d check out to start building up the inner lining of his winter coat.

Just as he was considering this though, ready to shake off the distractions and return to the lore of ancient beasts, he heard a rather disgusting and loud throat clearing sound coming from somewhere behind him. He tried to ignore that too, only to be alerted by several loud bangs as a man who was blue in the face stumbled his way out from the bookshelves. Was he... Choking? Really, this library was turning more into a theatre than a study space. It wouldn’t be long before the man was surrounded by people who wanted to help him either, but unfortunately couldn’t.

”Step aside...” A voice finally called out from a young man pushing his way through the crowd. ”I don’t know much, but I’m an MIT” And with that, he promptly lifted the choking man up and started bear hugging him from behind, pulling the man’s chest in in regular jerky intervals. The MIT was small, but it was clear he was putting everything he had into saving the much bigger man. Some of the choking man’s voice was finally starting to wheeze through too as he clawed at his neck. Still though, nothing came out. It was an unbearable minute for the onlookers, and time was running out. In a panic, the boy quickly wrestled the writhing man down to the floor. ”I’m going to need to clear a path for his airway!” He yelled out in a panic, ”Does anyone have a knife?!” And three people quickly offered him their kunai. No time to sterilize it.

He put the kunai to the man’s windpipe, but anyone looking at the boy could see the trouble he was having. Even the choking man was staring with an intense look in his bulging out eyes. Finally the boy seemed to catch up with his own resolve, even though you could hear him quietly hyperventilating. The boy let out a soft and unintentional moan as he pressed hard into the man’s throat, and the bead of blood quickly turned into a small pool. Almost as soon as it formed, however, the choking man started squirming with all his strength, and the blad pressed into his throat quickly cut a jagged line across it. The blood poured out in a few heavy pulses, and the man lied there, cold.

In the background, behind the crowd of people now awkwardly standing there, Tetsu’s eyes were drawn to a small styrofoam container that had spilled it’s contents onto the floor. Rice and ox tail. The man must have swallowed a bone, maybe? As Tetsu was standing there, a bit dazed by the surreal events of the morning, he remembered the words whispered to him only a few minutes earlier. He froze in place. Had he just witnessed a murder?

Now, normally, in a situation like this (not the he had ever been in a situation like this), he would leave the job to some eagerly green Anbu that would immediately see investigation as their job, even without the pay that an official mission would have come with. This was different though. If that old man was a killer, he had a bit of an unnerving interest in Tetsu, and so a healthy dose of initiative might be in the boy’s best interest.

Running outside, he was worried that the old man had gotten too far away already. His only hope here was that the absence of pants might have left enough of an impression on passers by to give him enough of a trail to chase down.

No need, it turned out. The old man was lying on an ornate cement bench, shielding his face from the sun. This was getting to be beyond bizarre; it was almost more unsettling to come across a killer with no apparent self preservation instinct.

”Coming to kill me now?” The man said without removing his arm from his eyes, ”Seems kind of harsh. I gave you your spot back, aren’t you gonna forgive me yet?”
”Not that I can’t appreciate the showmanship here, but do you want to just tell me why you killed that guy now, or are you really gonna make me wait until they torture it out of you?”

With this, the man sat up, looking at Tetsu with a blank sort of expression. ”Aren’t you gonna thank me for bringing you two together?”

”Who?”

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was hard to watch. Doi cringed after every hard squeeze the ‘MIT’ gave the choking man. Not only did the maneuver look painful, but it also wasn’t making any progress. He felt bad just standing there, yet he just couldn’t bring himself to jump in. It wasn’t like he knew how to handle a this situation like this, anyway. Nonetheless, he’d be mad at himself later if he didn’t try to at least do something to help the situation in some way.

Doi pushed through the crowd that had gathered before the spectacle as he made way for the exit. It was a hassle but after shoving a few people out of the way - some of which were shoved a little too hard - the teen ultimately made it to the exit.

Now outside the building, he ran up the street to try and find someone who could help. He was aware of the existence of a few clinics in area but wasn’t sure how long it would be before he stumbled upon one while searching randomly.

Luckily it wasn’t long before he’d found one not too far from the library. Doi rushed into the small medical practice and was greeted by the sight of an empty waiting room and an elderly woman sitting at the front desk. She must’ve been the practitioner if the doctor's coat that she wore was any indication.

“Excuse me! There’s an emergency at the library. Could you please come with me for a moment?”

“Aaaah?” It seemed the elderly woman hadn’t understood him.

“There’s an emergency at the library. Please come quick,” he once again tried to explain.

“Aaaaah?” Doi face palmed as he realized he was getting nowhere with the lady. She was clearly hard at hearing. He’d have to start yelling at this rate.

“EMERGENCY. LIBRARY . COME QUICK!”

“Well why didn’t you just say so, boy? Ehehehe.”

oOoOo

Doi ended up having to carry the old woman to the library himself to cut time. It likely would’ve taken her two years to arrive from the way she’d been walking if left alone. He didn’t mind having to do so, though. All it took was a few chakra powered leaps to arrive almost instantly. Doi wondered if there were any updates on the situation while he’d been gone. Maybe it’d all been resolved during the time he was away, though it wasn’t too long.

Once they were there, Doi directed the partially-deaf doctor inside. The teen himself was about to enter the building as well until he spotted ‘Tetsu’ standing nearby talking to the same disheveled man that caused the disturbance earlier.

He decided to step aside briefly and approach the pair to see what was going on now. Doi was still curious about the old guy’s outburst after all.

Omoi Tetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You haven't noticed him yet? Good Lord, it was a good thing I came down here to walk you through everything, it's amazing you get anything done."</B><i></i> The man was momentarily preoccupied with being a bit chatty, and Tetsu, resisting the urge to shrug him off with a cold shoulder in response to his inane and psychopathic ramblings, decided to try and keep him distracted while he discreetly slipped a hand into his pouch "Imagine my shock to find that my new God-like mentor couldn't even figure out how to put on his pants." The old man was, at least possibly, extraordinarily dangerous. Tetsu tended to let his instinct guide him, with his logic chiming in every now and then to give it a bit of polish, and everything about the man's relaxed demeanour and apparent lack of self-preservation was raising every flag and setting off every alarm bell inside of Tetsu. <B>"Did I say I was God-like?" The man put a finger to his mouth in apparent genuine contemplation, and the boy took his chance in the moment, bursting forward in a lunge to subdue the man. If he was as powerful as he seemed at first glance, there was no way a tactic like that would even make contact, but this was a kind of feint the boy was throwing. In reality, the bulk of his laser focus in the attack was directed toward preparation to respond with a hair trigger level of sensitivity to the old man's counter attack with at least four potential counter jutsu of his own to throw out onto the field if he saw the man start to move to retaliate.

As Tetsu was charging and ready to lunge, something caught his eye, only for a split second. It was a boy looking at him, the one he met earlier, he thought. The glance was somehow enough though, and when he turned his attention back, it wasn't with enough speed to notice the girl that had somehow strolled in front of him. When he collided with her, it resulted in an explosion of coffee from a cup she was holding that he had never even seen between them. She was carrying books too, now completely stained brown on the face of the page stacks that were facing the boy. That amount of time was enough too, while Tetsu stood there just a small moment stunned, but for long enough that the man started talking again. "Alright, alright, I'm sorry. Do you believe me? I feel like I could do anything in the world right now and you wouldn't change that awful glare you're pointing at me." As Tetsu clenched his kunai, ignoring the girl in front of him who was now standing there awkwardly, wondering if she should even wait there expecting an apology. He started to move again, but this time he was interrupted with the slamming of the only semi-distant library doors. One person in particular spoke out from the chattering crowd, "Move out of the waaaaay." He said as he held one of his hands out, gesturing as if to push away a crowd of ghosts that accumulated between the sparse crowd of living people that were ambling about outside as a person was being rushed out behind him. It was the man he saw choke to death. He was being hustled out by two young men; one carrying his feet, the other his arms, with a small transparent tube poking out of a makeshift bandage around his neck. He was alive.

"Listen. I wasn't involved in this, I was just happy to get your attention because of it. Besides," He'd go on, now cupping his hands in front of his eyes to deflect some of the harsh sunlight that recently pierced through the ski to warm the earth below it, "Everything turned out fine in the end, right?" He asked through blackened eyes. The boy had never come across a situation quite like this; it didn't feel like a moral diemma or a tactical conundrum, this was a new category of problem altogether. On the one hand, there was nothing about this that wasn't suspicious, but he could not, for the life of him, construct a situation in his mind where the events that had just transpired fit into a logical sequence of events. In fact, the only logical conclusion he could come to was that the old man was telling the truth, that he really didn't have anything to do with the events that had just transpired, because... How, exactly, would he have been involved? Thinking this over, he was further troubled by the thought of the man's earlier sentiment. What was it he called himself, the God of plausability? It was almost like someone was playing a disturbing joke on the boy, but he couldn't even think of anyone he'd know with that kind of personality. He looked over at the boy who had recently joined their little dramatic scene, "Any ideas for how to deal with this?" This really was a first, and Tetsu felt very strange listening to a genuine question escape his lips. Well, everyone had to change sooner or later, he guessed.

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It didn’t seem like either party was acting strange from Doi’s point of view. A stark contrast from their individual behavior inside the building. Though, he wasn’t close enough to clearly hear their conversation yet. It could’ve been just as peculiar as it was earlier; he’d likely bet it was if he had to. Perhaps he should keep his distance for a moment and just observe from afar to be safe?

Momentarily looking off to the side, Doi noticed a young woman approaching. He recognized her as one of the many people he’d run passed while searching for a clinic. The woman was sipping from a styrofoam cup as she held a book open in her other hand, reading it. She had two other books under the arm that held on to the cup. It looked like an uncomfortable position but it must’ve been working for her. The only problem was she was paying very little attention to where she was going, if any at all. Not only that, but she was on course to walk in between Tetsu and the old man. Library books, coffee, and lack of attention in a public space was already recipe for disaster. Now stepping in between a trouble maker and a deranged old man? Yikes.

Doi opened his mouth in an attempt to issue a warning but was too late. The collision he’d been expecting happened almost instantly. Tetsu, oblivious to the woman’s existence, launched himself right into her. What resulted was a significant mess of coffee once their bodies made contact. The woman’s clothes were drenched as well as the books she was carrying. On the other hand only a little bit of it had gotten on Tetsu, but he hadn’t seemed to have noticed yet. He was just…standing there. Was he okay? Doi had already walked over to Tetsu at this point.

Everyone’s attention was temporarily stolen once the library doors slammed open. The old doctor Doi had brought to help trailed behind a small group carrying the man who was choking earlier. Her eyes landed upon him and she gave him a brief thumbs up, to which Doi replied by doing the same. She walked off in the direction the group carrying the choking man went. They must’ve been rushing him to her clinic for better treatment. What a relief.

Doi turned his attention back to the situation at hand and offered coffee drenched girl an apologetic look before tuning in on what the disheveled old man was saying.

”Any idea how to deal with this?”

‘I still don’t know what’s going on yet. There’s nothing to lose by listening to what he has to say though, right? Even if he’s just rambling.”

Omoi Tetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In part, Tetsu was considering what the newcomer was saying, but more than that, he was trying to figure out what, if anything, he could do as an alternative. Attempted murder was still a thing, right? If the old man caused that little choking episode, it didn't really matter if the victim lived or died, not as far as beating the hell out of the man and bringing him in went. So, why was he hesitating then? "So, what do you say, Tetsu? Yeah, you could try to bring me in on attempted murder, that's true." Try. For someone without pants, he certainly had a big enough ego, but I guess you wouldn't expect someone like that to be insecure, exactly. The boy would have to avoid telegraphing this time, at least to the best of his ability. It wasn't that he necessarily wanted to kill the man, but he felt like he needed to understand what was intentional and what was simply some bizarre coincidence. "I'll give you twenty seconds to explain, how about that?"

As the man was readjusting, about to open his mouth, Tetsu took the opportunity to throw his kunai at the man. It wasn't aimed to actually hit him, he just wanted to graze his neck, see if any other pedestrians might be flying in with the breeze to knock his elbow. This time, it was nothing though. The kunai took flight, came close enough to draw just a drop of blood, and planted itself in the wooden fence behind the man. "Now that was a bit of a dirty trick, don't ya think?"

"Just a test, I'll let you go on now, don't worry." And, remarkably, the man would. Tetsu was already feeling a bit annoyed realizing that that test barely gave him any information since the man himself wasn't being targeted, but he supposed that alone might be useful to know. More than that though, this new kid wasn't wrong. Maybe Tetsu couldn't find out that much about what he was capable of right now, but finding out what he wanted could be useful in other ways.

"Didn't you notice that you two had a shared interest in lore?"
"I'm a bit slow to notice book titles." Tetsu responded, tapping one of his temples to vaguely indicate his eyes.
"In any event, you needn't leave the country to find what you're looking for. I know you think you do, but you're gonna need to have a little faith here. Take this young man with you too, it'll do you some good."

He could've taken the man down now, it wasn't as if he was getting anywhere with any of his questioning or actions; even what the old man was requesting didn't seem to serve any selfish function, at least not at face value. In other words, he was still one giant question mark. Tetsu looked over at the other boy present. Wasn't this guy hinting at him through the whole ordeal? Did they secretly know each other, or what was it that was so supposedly special about him? He tried to search his memories before the chaos unfolded. What was it he said? He just asked what the deal was with the old man, right? Nothing really stood out as suspicious, but he was making very... relevant appearances. Just what the hell was going on? "I don't want you to get the wrong idea," The man finally said, "That man in there just choked on his food. Nothing but what I said is gonna turn up suspicious, I just needed to get your attention."

In the end, Tetsu would revert to his old, selfish standards, out of pure exasperation. He could have brought the man in; actually, he wasn't even sure if that was true, but even if it was, he simply didn't want the headache any more. The man wasn't posing any immediate threat, at least not to Tetsu and at least not apparently, so he would sooner just leave him to be picked up as someone else's headache. As for the man's advice, well. The boy turned to his suspicious new friend, "So what about it? Want to go fishing?"

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Doi raised an eyebrow at Tetsu’s sudden act of aggression but continued to observe. From what he understood, the old man was now alluding to the idea that the two teens were meant to have crossed paths today. Like it was fate or something. Furthermore, it now seemed Doi was expected to accompany his fellow adolescent in some activity. But what exactly were they going to be doing? And what if he didn’t want to come along?

"So what about it? Want to go fishing?"

Doi weighed his options. Was he to tag along or decide against it? “Hmmm…” Doi slowly stroked his chin as if outwardly displaying his pensive state. “Sure. Let’s do it.” The events that led up this moment happened one after another in quite the bizarre sequence. The teen had been quite bored as of late due to all of his new Chuunin duties. He was fairly eager lack off for once and do something even moderately fun. This accompanied by his genuine curiosity are what led him to agreeing.

“When we doing this? Today? Or…” He trailed off as if expecting Tetsu to answer.

Omoi Tetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tetsu was a bit surprised to find the other boy so receptive to the suggestion, given how strange the whole day had turned out, but he couldn't help but feel a bit relieved by Doi's nonchalance. Maybe the lack of a real reaction was due to the fact that the other boy hadn't really seen everything that transpired, but Tetsu didn't care; the apathy was infectious, and he really only needed a very slight prod to convince him to do what he wanted to. Fishing was the ideal solution too; he could simply lean back above the water and let his worries drift away. Or so he was imagining anyway, judging by what he'd heard from people who didn't have a paralyzing fear of the water.

"Yeah, let's get to it then." He kept his eye on the old man, let it linger even as he was trying to turn away, almost against his own will. It was time to look to the future though, so he sized up this friendly chap that he'd be spending his fishing trip with. Could it be that the boy wouldn't need to leave the country to find what he was looking for? He wasn't really one to follow something as irrational as fate (even though he believed in and used magic), but he was inclined to simply throw caution to the wind here. This character was roughly in Tetsu's orbit the whole time this evil plot was transpiring, but it began out of desperation, out of not being able to leave the country to go on his great hunt, and ended with some mysterious advice that really played on the boy's frustration. So, what is a desperate person to do but throw one last shot out into the darkness and see what it hits?

OOC: Topic left with Doi?

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back