Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mellon (open)

Sutetchi Ro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
  • Ro was in a pleasant mood. He badly whistled a tune while crossing the street- actually waiting his turn instead of barreling through as normal- and took his time in the small connivence store. The ringer mumbled a 'come again' with cheer but his heart wasn't in it. Ro either didn't notice or didn't care. He swung the brown bag back and forth, the contents threatening to spill. It was a good day, he decided. The sun was setting and it was mild out. He didn't need much other than his shorts, connected to a wrinkled white dress shirt by bright suspenders. He hadn't felt so calm in a while. Perhaps it was his new acceptance in the academy. Perhaps it was the prospect of mellon pops. Whatever the reason, Ro wasn't rushed for once.

But then he just had to bump into someone. His bag, the one containing his precious pops, spilled on to the ground. He felt irrationally angry, even though they were in packaging and probably fine. He felt like throwing them right into the face of the person he'd bumped into and then possibly throwing himself onto the ground and banging his little fists against the stupid brown bag.

"Can't you watch it," he asked bitterly, not looking at the stranger, just bending over to pick up his less-than-perfect mellon pop.

Shouka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If it had been any other day, Shouka would be out buying groceries, or clothes, or books in this weather. Instead, she walked through the busy village carrying a backpack full of deadly kunai, knives and, of course, stationary. She tread down one of the busier streets in the village, going at an unusually slow pace as she tried not to drop all the sharp objects she'd just bought for her new 'school'- the Academy.

It felt odd for the 11 year old to be carrying dangerous weapons, when just a few months ago her mother wouldn't let her handle the kitchen knife alone. Of course, she'd gotten some experience since then in holding sharp objects- first small knives, then blunted kunai, then the more dangerous, sharper ones- but knowing that she was going to use them in battle made her mind race with thoughts. She could already imagine herself dropping it on the floor, or worse, on somebody. What if the bag wasn't secure and one of them fell on her feet? The idea alone was enough to make her check her pack for holes.

She quickly examined her beige backpack, and, after worrying about it for a good minute, figured that the and the kunai were all in there. They seemed almost menacing, sitting in her pack- but they enticed her, like they were cookies she wasn't supposed to eat. Curious, she took one out and examined it again.

As she rounded the corner, kunai in hand, she felt the impact of another body. The weapon slipped out of her hand as she stumbled, just managing to right herself at the last minute. “Sorry,” she muttered on instinct, before realising what had just happened. A short, white haired boy- the person she'd bumped into- was bent over some popsicles, and the kunai rested a few inches from him, glinting forebodingly.

"Can't you watch it," he asked, but Shouka barely heard his retort over her own internal panic. She could have just hurt- or worse- someone she'd just met.

I- sorry. I mean, are you okay?” Her eyes darted to the kunai. She hoped he didn't realise what had happened, but that didn't seem likely, given how close to him it had landed.

Sutetchi Ro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ro had several wild and childish words about to fly from his mouth when his attacker- as he would refer to them- started to speak. But then, luckily, two things happened. First Ro noticed a kunai sitting a couple inches from his hand. He eyes it warily. Perhaps this person really was an attacker of sorts. His eyes shot up and then the second thing happened: he noticed it was just a young girl like him. Instantly part of his anger diffused. He couldn't go getting insanely mad at a girl he supposed. Well he could, and he had, but he wouldn't. Instead he plucked the Kunai from the ground, twirled it carelessly around his finger, and seeming to forget about his popsicle he grinned at the girl. "That's a lot of dangerous stuff, Atacker-Chan!"

He wasn't trying to be rude really. He was still irritated but most of the anger had washed away when he saw a wide-eyed girl rather than some older boy-who would have sparked much anger. She didn't look threatening at all, rather meek. And her worried expression confused him a bit. Then he remembered the Kunai and it made more sense. He finished twirling the kunai and then tucked it inside of his denim. She wouldn't mind if he 'borrowed' that, would she? After all Orphans didn't get many shiny new toys.

"So," he bent over to pick up the rest of his belongings,"why do you even need all that stuff?" He fiddled with his suspenders, his thumbs pulling them forward and rocking on his heels while waiting for her to respond, his head lolling to the side in a motion of curiosity.

Shouka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

'Chan'? Surely she didn't look that young. Shouka was already 11! Close enough to an adult to count, right? And, more importantly, almost a ninja... well, she would be, after months or years of rigorous training and lessons on how not to drop sharp knives. Couldn't he sense the obvious killer instinct the small, shaky 11 year old exuded?
Unless... did he know her from somewhere? Was this boy a customer at her parents' shop? A chill ran down Shouka's spine. If she'd almost hurt one of her parents' customers, she would be in a lot of trouble. Shouka shivered at the thought of her Mother's piercing glare, not even raising a protest as she saw him tuck away her kunai. Her eyes darted around for some way to fix the situation, when they fell on the popsicles she'd made him drop.

Oh!
She crouched down and picked them up in one smooth swoop. If this boy, or someone in his family liked sweets, maybe she'd be able to sway him from telling her parents. The popsicles didn't seem smashed, so he could probably still eat them. Still, it didn't hurt her to try to curry favour in any way she could manage.

Um, sorry your popsicles fell.” She started, trying to steer away from mentioning that she was the entire reason they'd fallen, “But, you know, my parents' shop sells candy. And other boring stuff like rice and flour. But the candy's much better. We have melon popsicles, and chocolate pudding ones, and these really tasty mixed berry pops...” she trailed off, trying her best to sound as like her father did when a customer wasn't sure if they wanted to buy something- hopefully the promise of future sweets would convince him not to tell her parents what she'd done.

"So, why do you even need all that stuff?
Shouka's eyes brightened at the question, she liked talking to people about the Academy- though she didn't like trying to pronounce it's name.
They're for The Academy, to help me learn how to become a shinobi.” She steadied herself and tried not to sound too excited, just in case the boy, for some reason, didn't like ninja, or thought she'd forgotten about the kunai.

Sutetchi Ro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"EH!" Ro widened his eyes even further and leaned in towards the girl. "Your parents own a whole store? Like, all the stuff in it ya? Waa! Lucky!"

By this point his anger was completely dissipated. The thought of someone owning a store was completely magical. He'd love to be able to walk into a store and pick out anything he wanted and not get chased for it- as was the norm. Suzuya reached for her wrist in an attempt to drag her along in a direction. Of course he wasn't thinking whether or not it was the correct way. "Well what are we waiting for. Candy it is!"

He almost missed her reply to his question in the excitement for candy. "The academy? I'm about to start too! What's your name? I'm Sutetchi. Sutetchi Ro. I got my family name after the boy who taught me how to do these," he pointed to the two stitches in his lip, then the one close to his eye. "Pretty cool, ne?" He began to unwrap his mellon pop, breaking it in half and offering one of the sticks to her.

(OOC: sutetchi translates to stitch)

Shouka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shouka reeled back, shocked by the boy's rambunctious response.
So, you're not a customer...?” Her face turned bright red. She looked him over- stark white hair, short stature, bright clothes- she'd probably remember him if he was a customer. As she was wondering whether she could hide her entire face in her bangs, she felt her wrist being tugged. She drew her brows together, but still dragged her feet along to follow, the contents of her bag clinking as they walked.
It only took a second for her to realise that they were going the wrong way. In fact, the overall-clad boy was dragging her in the opposite direction of her parents' store.

"The academy? I'm about to start too! What's your name? I'm Sutetchi. Sutetchi Ro. I got my family name after the boy who taught me how to do these, pretty cool, ne?"

These...?” Shouka paused, halting their march to nowhere. She took another look at Ro and saw, for the first time, the stitches that dotted his face. They stood out like a sore thumb against his otherwise cute features. Shouka didn't think he looked very tough, but if he had stitches and was going to the Academy, he'd probably gotten them in a fight. She fidgeted. She was about to stammer something out when Ro offered her the popsicle.
She decided, suddenly, that he probably wasn't that bad after all.
The 11 year old took the half popsicle, stuck it in her mouth gratefully, and looked at him again, intrigued.
Thanks, Ro-san. Sutechi's a nice name.” Her shoulders relaxed, and she gave a smile, “My name is Sanohe Shouka...” She braved another look at his stitches, trying to gauge how bad the cut he got must have been, and failing, asked, “When are you getting those stitches off?

Yamaryuu Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Wandering around bored to bits Yukiko had walked the good part of a rooftop on her hands, when she heard a familiar voice talking out loud, she decided to look further into the matter, in her usual way she eliminated the sound of her walking to the edge of the roof, below her she saw what looked like Miko flickering around a kunai in his hand, and talking with another girl, around he same age.
for some reason something was off.. the way of the Words was different but the voice was pretty much the same.
Ro?... wait what?... Ro.. that's not your name.. are you pulling something Miko? Yukiko thought to herself..
well might as well jump in she though, anything Miko is doing is bound to end up being fun.
assassins_creed_unity_e3_2014_5.jpg

"Hello you two, is it time for candy?"

She was sitting just above the 2, She was dressed in her usual steel toed combat boots, greyish Black pants with pockets all over, a pink tank-top, and an extremely worn leather jacket with no sleeves and a more than once repaired Hood covering her hair. on her hands she had some weird looking gloves Black and rubber like, but with steel reinforcement at the knuckles. she was dressed for diverse combat, but wore it like everyday clothes.
Her hair turning brighter red by the day looked like it had never been cut, the length was unbelievable braided in one long braid reinforced with small glittering chains twirled like a whip at her hip,
and with a heavy looking seal, picturing a Hayabusa [ooc : peregrine falcon] in mid flight
Around her waist a Deep Black piece of cloth was tied like a belt, but the buckle clearly was the cloud symbol of a graduated student
If it wasn't for the voice one could easely take her for a much older girl, but her voice clearly sounded like one barely 10 years of age.. but at a crouched position above the two her body stature was hard to define.

Yukiko stood up seeming taller than she was at her position, but making it possible for the two to see the genin symbol

"and Mi...... Ro-san why are you taking that Little girls hard earned weapons, you know the Academy provide Money for your Basic needs, and stealing is strictly forbidden as a Ninja!, If I'm not to report you.. you definitely owe me now!"

Yukiko elegantly skidded Down along the house wall, like she was skidding along a icy lake on a pair of skates.

"now wheres the candy"
Yukiko said with a bright smile and Deep blue eyes eyeing the 2 "minor" students out,

[Topic entered]

Sutetchi Ro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Shouka-Chan," Ro shook his head in disapproval. "Attacker-chan sounds better. More code-name like some rough tough go get em ninja!" Ro looked at her as if it was obvious she should agree with his wild conclusion. He then continued to try and lead her for a little bit. His energy was rising with every bite of the mellon pop. Yes, bites and not licks. In fact by the time she spoke next he'd finished almost all of his stick, which was then tossed carelessly to the side. This was good because it cleared up a hand for him to reach and pull at the stitched in his lip. He was about to correct her on his stitches when a new arrival stopped him.

It was another girl- he concluded after looking past the hood- and he didn't know them. Well- unless he'd offended them previously which was entirely possible given his three day track record. But what made him stop completely in his tracks was the way the girl called out to him, as if she knew him. His head tilted to the side and he ended up letting go of poor Shouka's abused wrist. His palms went up to his temples as he tried to place this persons face. He gave up after a while and decided to just grin like usual."Hi... uh... I... I don't see any weapon," Ro denied- despite the kunai handle sticking out of his shorts. By now he'd completely forgotten about the fact that he didn't even know this person. "I never steal! Why's everyone keep accusing me of that. I just borrow!"

Incriminating? Yes. But it was kind of true. Ro never took his stollen goods home. He usually got bored with them on his way to his next target. Thinking further on it he scooted up close to the new girl. "Ne assassin-chan," he bestowed the first nickname that came to mind. "Yer a good secret keeper, ne? Ya. Now about that candy... AH!"

"Attacker-chan you were wrong," He spun on his heels and looked back at Shouka. "These aren't stitches for wounds. It's like art. See..." He pulled a needle out of his suspenders and then patted himself down for thread. Coming up with none, he frowned and put the needle back. "Well, I can't show you. But it's like art! Like face paint and stuff. Do they have thread at this place we're going? I can teach ya! And you- Assasin-chan," he swiveled his head between the two while pointing at his stitches as if to say 'cool, huh?'
wc: 452

Shouka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shouka contemplated the new nickname for a second- just a second- before she shook her head and shot Ro a resolute frown. “Nobody would want to talk to me if I was called 'Attacker-chan'!

Hello you two, is it time for candy?
Her breath caught in her throat at the sound of a voice behind them. She clenched and unclenched her hands to calm herself down, hoping her reaction hadn't been noticeable.
The person who'd just arrived- a girl their age, judging from her voice- moved smoothly and silently, and when she stood up, Shouka saw why. The metal of her headband glinted dully in the setting sun, revealing the curved symbol that represented a Cloud shinobi.
'Oh, no.' The idea of carrying a possibly dangerous shinobi and an unpredictable boy to her parents' store to raid their wares didn't sound appealing to Shouka, but if the newcomer was a shinobi- maybe a chuunin, or even a jounin- she didn't think she could just say 'no'.
Perhaps, with any luck, she had some candy on her somewhere. The 11 year old rummaged around in her pants pocket, pushing around dust bunnies and pieces of yen until her hand closed around something solid.
She pulled out the piece of wrapped candy, a little chocolate biscuit shaped like a fish, and held it up to the cloaked girl in offering.

Ro's exclamation grabbed her attention. She turned away partially from the kunoichi. “Art?” she asked, curious. When Shouka thought of art, she thought about colourful paintings and expensive sculptures. A deep sense of dread settled in the pit of her stomach as the boy took out a needle. “You don't need to...!” Luckily, he put it away quickly enough. Shouka slumped. She'd had enough shocks for one day.
'Are all ninja like this?' she frowned. Maybe there was some jutsu that made ninja stop feeling pain- otherwise, why would Ro willingly stitch himself for no reason? 'Do all shinobi have stitches? What about her...?' Shouka turned to the girl on the roof, then back to Ro. “I... don't think I could. Don't your parents get mad at you for doing that?

Yamaryuu Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"OH Ro you know me, I can keep a secret.. if it pays out in the end"
Yukiko said with a cheeky smile .
The other girl offered her a chocolate biscuit Yukiko looked at it for a second but did not take it. "is that all.. ?" she said mainly as a thought spoken out loud not meant for other to hear. she listened to the smalltalk about stitches.. and wondered... ' what is this thing.. something is really off here was this really Jun or Miko, he did in no way act like it '
"Assassin ?.. thats kinda the job of a big deal of the Ninja World, you've gotta do it better than that!... what about doing some fun instead?... where you guys heading?"

Sutetchi Ro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You don't like it," asked Ro with offence. "Hmm...."

Pulling on his stitches he looked shouka over again. Maybe attacker was too heavy a nickname. But she needed something cool. What was she known for to- oh! "Candy! Red candy... um... uno... ah! Cina! I'll call you Cina-chan!" Somewhere along the line his process of thinking had gotten confused but it went something like candy>red>peppermint>cinnamon>cina. And that was the end of that. He thought it was quite clever. Granted he might change it again in the future for fun... for now it would stick.

Ro tilted his head in that growingly familiar way and regarded the assasin girl. "Ya. I guess I do." They had just met but didn't meeting in conciquence grant that he knew her? He carelessly went to drape his arms around the girls. If he had any consideration he would be feeling sorry for Cina who would be stuck with the hand still sticky from the popsicle- id his aim was correct. "Alright! We're going to get candy at yer store right Cina-chan! Lead the way!"

He then listened to Cina's next remark on his stitches and pondered for a second. He knew better than to start blurting out that he was an orphan. It wasn't too uncommon and if the stranger was surprised at all then he would be flooded with pity that he would then have to awkwardly brush aside and the whole matter really was annoying. In a way he did consider the parents at the Orphanage like his own. "Hmm they're always getting mad at me," he said truthefully. "But i can take these out at any time so I guess they figure it's better than anything permanant. Honesly I think they were relieved. Oh but don't worry Cina. I'll show you how to do it and how to take them out without too much pain, so your parents wont even notice!" He was looking forward to trying to stitch someone else up.

His mood turned more depressed a moment later as he heard the assasin speak. "Why doesn't anyone like my nincknames... Fine! You'll be... Hoods-chan. Yeah! I'm getting better at this. So Hoods-chan, what kind of candy are you planning on getting? Me? Ima take one of everything. Except those licorice thingies. Ew."

Shouka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shouka hastily stuffed the candy back in her pocket, pouting at the kunoichi's quick refusal. “That's the only candy I have with me, right now.” She murmured, frowning at the floor. The white haired boy's new nickname, however, made her turn her head. 'Cina?' She blinked, then, shrugged slightly. She didn't think she was going to get much better than that. At least Cina was a lot more endearing than 'Attacker-chan'.
She looked up to realise that both Ro and the kunoichi's eyes were on her, expectant. Shouka froze. Was she really about to lead Ro- who she'd just met and almost hurt, and this kunoichi- a stranger- to the store?

...Let's go.” She sighed, twisting her face into an even deeper pout. Yes, she was. The small girl swivelled on her heel and started trudging in the opposite direction, giving a quick glance to see whether they were following.

She paused, just for a second, to listen to Ro's remarks. “...My parents get mad a lot, too. Especially my Mom.” They'd definitely be mad at her, now. And they'd probably start breathing fire if she put stitches on her face. “Wait... if you can take them out without letting your parents see, then why don't you?” Shouka paused, tilting her head at him. She didn't understand why he'd want to get caught.
She paused once again at his next response, “Err, I don't think you can take one of everything,” before shooting a quick glance at the hooded girl. She wasn't sure she could stop her from taking one of everything, on the other hand. She briefly weighed her two options: face her parents' wrath, or risk being killed by an affronted ninja. Against her better judgement, she decided to go for the second option.

Y-You don't need to take that many sweets, right, Hoods-san?” She stuttered, then blinked when she realised what she'd just said. “I-I meant... what was your name?

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin thanked the man as he lifted the small ivory green jar from the counter and placed it in a small bag the size of coin purse before retreating out the door. He had just left a small shop where the smell of bread, cracked candy, all sorts of guilty delicacies were plentiful. Ironically, Shin did not leave the shop with bags of smiles and sunshine but rather a jar of nicely trimmed grass. As he walked across the pavement, he removed the lid and took a whiff of what turn out to be freshly grown peppermint. It was satisfactory. Shin was rather picky with the herbs that he bought. For a man who held the responsibility of the whole village, the use of herbs in tea was the only thing that could regularly solvent his stressful days. Although, he has always been fond of teas since he was a young boy perhaps spoiled by his mother who was raised in royalty. It was unfortunate that the candy shop were one of the few places in the village that he could obtain what he need. Of course, he could export better herbs, given his resources, elsewhere but he would rather support the economy in the village or perhaps he simply did not want to invest extraneous resources on such trivial things. Eitherway, he got what he came for and had to return back to the tower. There was still a matter of discussing the security within Torre Celeste with Hitomi and the rest of the staff.

As he continue to walk toward Torre Celeste, his view was obscured by three children or at least what appeared to be children -- two girls and one male and one of them clearly was older. Also, he could see the bright glimmer of metal across the girl's forehead.

"Greetings and congratulations on your recent promotion. I am a bit embarrassed that I don't know all of the students at the academy. Would you mind telling me your names? I am the raikage, Hayata Shin but you can just call me sensei." Shin replied with a nervous chuckle.

Shin was currently well dressing in his kage robes. The well-fitted robe wrapped around his body like a heavy shroud to conceal most of his body and protect him from the frequently harsh weather of lightening country. The robe was in a simple dark gray and white color and elegantly patched with the iconic cloud emblems across the brim of the cloak. His leggings were simple black like most of the shinobi in the village to improve their clandestine presence. Speak of hidden, his countenance was mostly hidden by the elevated collar and tinted smoke gray glasses perched against his nose.

Yamaryuu Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“That's the only candy I have with me, right now.” he girl now called Cina murmured to herself while putting it away, yukiko realised that she had sounded like it was not enough, when it was because in her mind she was just picturing Mountains of candy... and from where she was from. .candy was something the other kids had, not her, and in her time in kumo she had not had the time for it.. in fact she had been so caught up in becoming faster, better and stronger that she'd totally forgotten about it.. and hearing the "wrong" Miko calling himself Ro and the Cina girl talking about the candy somehow had empowered her thoughts about candy.. and seeing the small piece somehow brought all that to the ground.. being the youngest of the 3 and never actually seen or tasted candy.. made imaginations soar.
she quickly thought up a "counter" answer to Cina's hurt feelings " it not that is not enough.. but would it not be more fun to find more?" she said that while giving a pirate / treasure hunter pose pointing at the alleys.

Miko then replied
"Why doesn't anyone like my nicknames... Fine! You'll be... Hoods-chan. Yeah! I'm getting better at this. So Hoods-chan, what kind of candy are you planning on getting? Me? Ima take one of everything. Except those licorice thingies. Ew."

'Hoods... not bad but that straight forward thinking somehow give the impression of not that much creativity' Yukiko thought to herself slowly realising.. this Guy was NOT Miko.. but who was he then? and why did he look almost identical to Miko an Jun?.. this definitely was something worth investigating a bit further.. but not now.. now it was time for candy!
"I don't know.. what is good?.. never tried candy.. but people say that its good!"

“Y-You don't need to take that many sweets, right, Hoods-san?” Cina said while turning back throwards them “I-I meant... what was your name?”*

Yukiko somehow was beginning to like Hoods, and the realisation from the girl just got Yukiko thinking.. oh right.. I'm actually higher ranked than these two now.. it was a really weird feeling being "more" than somebody older than her,
"Hoods is fine if I can call you Cina," Yukiko said with a big smile " I wont take sweets from you, but I'm curious to how they taste.. and I'll pay.. you don't steal in kumogakure when your from kumogakure. and definitely not as a Ninja, at least that's what Keiji says"

Because of some random event of jokes.. the person in charge of the entire village suddenly showed up.. the Raikage himself..
"Greetings and congratulations on your recent promotion. I am a bit embarrassed that I don't know all of the students at the academy. Would you mind telling me your names? I am the raikage, Hayata Shin but you can just call me sensei." He said with a offbeat chuckle... how could the Raikage be nervous.. he had the most power.. and the most responsibility in the entire city.
Yukiko turned subspecies.. not only did we have a Miko who wasn't Miko.. did we also have a raikage who wasn't the raikage, and even so the "raikage" was wearing clothes that hid most trademarks..
hmm.. Yukiko had to take this further..

"thank you ..... Sensei?... " the last Word was said with curiosity and a Little mistrust sprinkled on top.. Yukiko was in investigation mode from the idea of "treasure hunting for candies"
catching a whiff of fresh mint that actually overpowered her otherwise strong sweet and fresh smell from her Unique flowers (her trademark of sorts, as its a gift of the spirit of chance)
she walked around Shin inspecting him " how can we know that you actually are the Raikage.. ?" she said while smiling
Nothing fun comes out of not daring anything.. and this certainly had the potential to be an interesting day

[MFT 250+ counted out the quotes
an uhm sorry for the wait.. My wife decided to give birth to my child so i got a bit preoccupied :p ]

Sutetchi Ro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"RAIKAGE!"

Whereas perhaps Ro should have used a filter, it seemed to be beyond malfunctioning that day. It was more shredded, melted, and then left strewn across the far stars. He pointed at the Raikage upon his arrival and a big grin split on his face. "You're the strongest in the village right? That's why you're Raikage?"

Ro took a step closer to the Raikage as he was speaking and interacting with Hoods. "Hmm... hmm... well...," he analyzed the Raikage like a sandwich he'd found under his bed after a week-checking to see if it was any good. He straightened out with a suspicious look on his face. "I don't know... you don't look THAT strong. Are you sure you're really the Raikage?"

"Well sensei,- if that's even your real name-I think I'd rather call you Imposter-san," Ro crossed his arms. Respect was not something he'd been thoroughly taught, much to the shock of his foster mom and the adults at his previous school. What could you expect for someone who didnot live for attention? "I'd invite you to come get candy with us, but I don't think we can trust a grampa imposter..."

Shouka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shouka turned completely to the newly-introduced 'Hoods', blinking at her treasure-hunting comment. 'I wouldn't exactly call it 'finding' candy.' The idea of going on a pillage through her parents' supplies only served to make her even less eager to take the two there, if that was even possible. Still, the redhead could tell, on some level, that the cloaked girl was trying to reassure her. She probably didn't mean to hurt or rob her, Shouka decided, relieved.
"Ok. Cina's fine, Hoods." She nodded, feeling a small smile slip onto her face.

Out of the corner of her eye, Shouka saw a distinctive figure approaching. The patterned cloak of the Raikage stood out even among the usual throng of Susukino. She stood up on her toes, squinting to see whether it was really him. She had never seen the Raikage in the flesh, but many of her friends and family had, and even though they weren't shinobi, he had apparently been nothing but kind to them. Of the million stories she'd heard about the man, one thing remained consistent- he was someone to be trusted. And respected. Very much respected. But Shouka thought that that went without saying.

She listened, bright-eyed, to his introduction, and was about to reply with her name when Ro responded, grinning.

“RAIKAGE!"
The boy's yell pierced the air, and was quickly followed by an accusation aimed toward the kage. Namely, that he was an imposter. Shouka gave him an incredulous look.

Of course he's the Raikage,” she whispered, leaning over to, hopefully, be out of earshot, “look at his...robes.
She realised all too late how weak her argument sounded out loud. “I mean...look at...” the redhead continued, desperately. She couldn't put it into words, but Shouka was sure he was the Raikage. 'The person wearing those robes and those glasses was the Raikage of Kumogakure'- she'd heard it a million times. She didn't want to disagree with Ro, and she definitely didn't want to disagree with Hoods, but she was more afraid of being on the receiving end of this man's wrath, and she felt like the three of them were definitely toeing the line.

At the second accusation, Shouka's face turned pallid. 'We're done for.' Even with his calm attitude, she couldn't envision anyone keeping their calm after being accused of pretending to be the Raikage, twice. She could just imagine the man looming over them, shades glinting malignantly as he threatened to pull their ears off or talk to their parents or something equally terrible. Shouka found herself leaning slightly to Hoods, as if the genin would offer some type of protection against the strongest shinobi in the village.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They were all shocked to know that the raikage was standing in front of them. It was not uncommon to see Shin walking in the public, except most of the time he would not be alone. Most of the time his presence was smothered by clients, noblemen, and political benefactors. He never truly had time to enjoy his people's company. Ironically, years ago, frivolous conversation was nothing but general ennui to Shin.

The young girl who Shin had congratulated vacillated from appreciation to curiosity. She wanted Shin to prove to them that he was indeed who he said he was. The androgynous boy had stepped up closer to him as if studying a historical statue examining him from head to toe. The boy crossed his arms not impressed with what he saw calling Shin, Imposter-san of all things.
The remaining girl was the only one who spoke up defaming the outlandish accusations. The flowing gray robes and those notorious tinted glasses, of course, he was the raikage.

Shin's right hand rushed toward the head of the white head boy as if about to strike him but instead him jocularly ruffled his hair. "What silly notions. What are they teaching you at the academy?" Shin asked with a wide grin. "Do you know that to be the kage you must be see yourself as the least in the village. I am nothing without you my son, and speaking of candy..." Shin said as he adjusted his glasses thinking pensively at the thought.

"I did just come out of a shop. The owner did mentioned his daughter was a student at the academy. I was unable to get her name, unfortunately. The shop is excellent when it comes to getting loose leaf tea. I usually export them out of the country but sometimes I like to buy locally. The economy has been suffering over the past year. It is still hard to find clients when country is still afraid of us." Shin paused for a moment as his eyes slightly lowered with austere somberness.

It was difficult to see the village struggle at these times especially with the insurmountable amount of refugees that flood the village. There was just not enough resources to go around that most were depending on private organization rather than the shinobi. At least things were getting better it just was not getting fast enough. He returned his gazed back to the children as he effaced his sadness with a cheerful countenance.

"Well, why don't you tell me your names?" Shin asked.

[Congratulations Yukiko :D]

Yamaryuu Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The not Miko followed up on her mistrust, wondering.. if this really were the Raikage..
For Yukiko her mistrust came from already meeting Ro, that looked exactly like Miko and Jun.. some variations.. tho.. like speech and behaviour... made her suspect that Ro.. The not Miko was not Miko.. and what was to hinder that the Raikage was not the Raikage too?..
Cina Moved in under Yukiko's 'protection' or at least behind her.. It probably was true that if any of Ro or Yukiko was able to muster some defence, at least if this person really was the Raikage, then it probably was Yukiko.. not that it would be much.. but a bit i might have made a bit of a difference...

with a fast strike.. that Yukiko could nothing more than observe.. he lashed out against Ro... only to ruffle his hair.. 'Wait what?... ' Yukiko thought..

"What silly notions. What are they teaching you at the academy?" Shin asked with a wide grin. "Do you know that to be the kage you must be see yourself as the least in the village. I am nothing without you my son, and speaking of candy..." the Kage said.. followed by something about economics.. something that Yukiko knew nothing about.. and then he finally asked for their names...

realising noone but a kage would be good enough to show strength in kindness with letting them know that he was fast even though he only ruffled the hair.. and he had knowledge enough to bore them with economics at the same time...
Yukiko was more an more convinced... that he probably was the Rakage...
and then she decided.. that he probably would want some candy too..
she then said to Cina.. "that piece of candy you had.. would you hand me that Again?"
She would stick out her hand behind her to let Shouka put it in it, and having a dime in the hand to give to her at the same time as a trade..
[if Shouka/Cina would give her it] - Yukiko would then walk closer to the Kage.. pinching the piece of candy in a easy to read trajectory, throwards Shin and at the same time saying:
[this action anyway if Shouka/Cina would not give the candy]
"I just got the name Hoods, this is Cina (signalling behind her throwards Shouka), and this over here is "not"-Miko... calling himself Ro... would you mind go treasure hunting with us.. We will look for candy... ?, nothing fun for those who don't play a game or two?"

[MFT : 250+ Words]
[Tnx.. sorry for the wait.. will be more active from today an onwards.. getting settled in now.. :p ]

Sutetchi Ro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ro gave Cina a grin, exclaiming, "Don't believe enerything you see Cina, he could just be dressing up! I'm sure they sell Raikage robes at a gift shop somewhere." He found it funny that she had ducked behind Hoods. Hoods didn't seem THAT strong. She was a girl after all. Girls weren't as strong as boys. But- wait... he thought it over. Technically he had spent part of his life as a girl. Did that mean he was only half strong? What did that even mean? Ro was busy scratching his cheek and trying to solve the puzzle of stereotypes and how he fit into them, when the Raikage acted.

He hadn't even the time to close his eyes when the Kage's hand shot out toward his head. A split second of appropriate fear passed through him- not that Ro would admit that- before realizing that the man meant no harm. He drank in the mans words with a scowl. "I don't get it jii-san," he pouted. "Why would you be the least important if you're the strongest?" He tried to mull it over in his head but Ro wasn't very good at that.

Ro's head tilted in confusion. Economics? They were feared? Clients? He rubbed his cheek again. "Jii-san, what's an eco... eco... er, economi?" So maybe he would seem stupid by asking, but hey he wasn't good in school and if he was curious he might as well ask. His eyes floated to Hoods and what she was saying.

Towards the end of her candy-hunting suggestion Ro ruffled his own hair back up. "Wait what do you mean Hoods? I'm not a miko? What are you even saying? Is that some kinda insult?"

(NOTE: Miko is also a term for a shrine maiden, Ro is getting the two versions of miko confused.)

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The genin walked closer to Shin coercing the piece of candy as she introduced herself and her comrades. Shin nodded his head. "It is a pleasure to meet you all."

She did not provide her real name instead providing a nickname given to her by the students, perhaps she felt that Shin was not privy to know her full identity or she really liked the name. The other two were called Ro, not miko , the boy and Cina, the girl. Whether or not those were real names or more nicknames, it was Shin's authority to question at least for the time being, although it was funny with Shin showing a quiet a chuckle.

Ro continued to persuade Cina that her revelation was an error that anyone could portray himself as the kage with basic robes. The boy had brought up an interesting point. If not the clothes that defined a person then what? What is the strength of that person that defined him as the young boy inquired with a veil of confusion masking his face. There had been many raikage before Shin some with their own agenda whether for selfish or selfless reasons. Shin's predecessors held their own respective strength with Shinbatsu being revered and Kiyo being adored , but most died because of their strength or venture off to find more. Was the Raikage the strongest in the village or was the raikage always looking for more strength?

"Ro-san. I say the least because if you see your self as the most important you will become boastful about your own strength and you will never admit your own weaknesses and you will never become stronger. You know being the raikage is not as sweet as taffy. It can sometimes be bitter like licorice. I don't want to crust your hopes just understand that you take your positions lightly and mere strength isn't always the answer." Shin continued.

Hopefully, Shin words did not go over his head as it did for him so many years ago. He did envy the children's innocence even though as a child he was nothing more than a brat. He was still happier being a student than he is being the leader of the village.

Ro was still perplex about economy something he has yet to learn if he would consider politics as his future.

"I wouldn't worry about economics. Just know that once you are a shinobi you will be making money for the village."

Ro ruffled his hair back to its original position which was already a mess to begin with. His face darted back at "Hoods" questioning the woman name

"It sounds to me that you are either interested in joining the ANBU or you just enjoy making religious jokes. When do you plan on graduating?"

[OOC: Was waiting for Shouka but has informed me that she is busy with exams. ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back