Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mend These Broken Bones [Medical Thread]

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Okibi stepped onto the platform of the fastest moving lift, Okibi tuned the radio built into her helmet to the mednin channel. She shifted Maji in her arms as she practically hollered into the microphone. "Hey! Mednin people! Okibi here, and Im incoming with an injured student! We'll be at the hospital shortly!" Then she switched the radio off and looked down at Maji. Suddenly, she grinned and held him out over the railing of the lift while they were still high above the ground. "How big of a splatter do you think he'd make Seven?"

Seven looked from Maji to the distant ground, then back again. "Big. Probably." he chirped, going along with the joke. Okibi laughed and pulled Maji back in before he could have a heart attack, or startle to struggle in her hold and actually ended up falling. "Just kiddin." She chimed. When the lift hit the hard packed earth a few moments later with a gentle thud, she stepped off and started making a beeline for the hospital, taking the quickest routes she knew.

Hopefully someone competent would be there to greet them for treatment.

-------- A few minutes later ---------

"Hey! I got a kid with a broken leg here!" Okibi shouted when they finally made their way onto the temporary hospital grounds. In the not too far off distance she could see the new medical tower being built, and she was pleased to see that it was coming along nicely. Hopefully people wouldnt have to be treated in tents for much longer.

"How's the leg Kid? Hurt?" She asked, jostling him with a devious grin. Yeah, she was probably hurting him, but the kid needed to man up a little. Seven sat down by Okibi's feet, shaking his metal encased head. "Keep that up and you'll probably give him brain damage too." He muttered. Okibi laughed, but did stop bouncing Maji in her arms.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okibi, Maji, and the gang made their way down the lift into Sunagakure. The boy was curled into Okibi's arms with two baby chicks in his arms. They were peacefuly fast asleep; the trip over here from their last location was long, so they decided to knock out. Maji didn't mind – he thought they were adorable.

After Okibi barked into the headset and requested medical ninja, she grinned deviously and started to motion her arms outward. Maji stared at her curiously and blinked in confusion. What was she-?!

“Holy s'mores!”</B><i></i> shouted the student as his body tensed up. The white-haired woman held him out over the railing and mentioned to Seven that she'd drop him. He didn't seem to mind. “No, Oki-chan, stop! I won't be a sissy anymore, I promise!” His expression filled with panic. Okibi laughed and pulled him back in. She was kidding.

“That's not funny, Oki-chan.”<i></i> he mumbled softly as if embarrassed. It actually was, but he was almost frightened out of his socks. Without much notice, they were off towards the hospital!

------ Time Lapse -------

Maji found himself in a place he knew all too well, a medical tent! Why did he always end up here? Okibi abruptly shouted out for assistance and then asked him if he was alright. That was fine and dandy and all, but she started to aggressively nudge and shake him a bit. The movements brought in some body aches and his leg pulsated. The chicks started to wake up, too.

“It's-” his eyes swirled as if disoriented, <B>“fine.”<i></i> He lied, but he couldn't stand being sissy-like any longer. He was a tough cookie!

Kind of.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been slow working in the tents. Yume didn't mind it so much but it was most definitely no where near to how the old hospital was. The noise travelled between units, despite the best efforts to keep it contained. She sat in a tent, rubbing her temples and groaning as an infant could be heard wailing it's first breaths until it was comforted by it's mother or a nurse. One never could assume that the mother survived; even with their advancements in technology, child birth could still be fatal. A call would be heard on her radio, disturbing her from the nap she so desperately wanted but it would be a good distraction from the theories that persisted to swarm her brain during the waking hours. While helping patients was paramount, researching ways to aid in their healing came as a close second as it directly affected the first.

Nudging CuRua awake, she would dislodge her jacket from beneath him and slide it on. Her hair was a little dishevelled but after a quick look into a hand held mirror she had adjusted some of the pins to bring her back to the level of kemptness she prefers. With a snort in her direction, the fox would leap to the ground and stretch with a yawn, keeping in perfect step with her as she exited the tent and briskly made her way to the admittance tent. The announcement had already prepared her for one of the visitors however the boy that Okibi carried in her arms was a stranger to her. The nurses jumped into action as the white-haired woman seemed to be shaking the boy relentlessly. Getting a stretcher, they would check his medical charts for any known allergies and give him a dose of painkiller for his leg that was now undoubtedly jostled to the point of shock.

Hey there, Okibi. What have you brought me today? This boy doesn't look like he's quite up to your level of adventure... or did you find him like this? Nurse, prepare him for x-rays. The swelling makes me think he's got a broken bone but I want to see how everything looks in there before we proceed to set it. I will be in shortly.

The nurses would nod and wheel the boy out as she would then turn to Okibi and size her up. Her face would break into a grin and she would wrap her arms around the woman who just a few months ago had been broken beyond conceivable repair. Below them, CuRua was sniffing Seven with a little apprehension. He knew that Seven as he knew him was dead but this new dog held some clear similarities that played on his sense of reality. Shuffling back a few paces, he would plop himself down and sit up straight, not entirely sure what he thought of Okibi's new companion.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The approach of a familiar scent had Okibi looking up and away from Maji; a few unfamiliar nurses had approached too, shooting some sort of drug into the boy before taking him from her and putting him on a stretcher. She didnt bother with any sort of protests; she trusted the nurses to know what they were doing. As the boy was carted away, she turned to the familiar shock of turquoise hair and smiled, but the sudden hug had it slipping off her face in surprise.

With a soft laugh, Okibi returned the shorter females hug. When she pulled away, she was smiling again, but looking just the smallest bit guilty. "We were on a mission actually. I guess the Kid got a little more than he could handle." She looked away as her smile vanished completely, the guilt winning out. "Then again, I didnt protect him as well as I should have." She mumbled.

Then she noticed CuRua sniffing at Seven, was still in his protective suit. His sniffing made echoing noises from behind his metal face plates. She chuckled and bent down to pull the pups helmet off, giving him more room to breathe. "Dont be such a stranger Cooroo." She said as she stood back up, placing Sevens helmet under her arm, along with her own after pulling the thing off and fluffing out her hair. Looking back at Yume, she hooked her arm through the girls and starting walking towards the tent that the nurses had carted Maji into. "Unfortunately these suits Sogay made for us werent much good for protection against anything except the diamond sands. But then, we didnt even have to deal with that." She looked at Yume, her face exasperated. "They arent even insulated either! Believe me when I say Sogay is going to be hearing complaints from me later."

Seven walked along dutifully behind the girls, looking at CuRua out of the side of his eye. "It's been a while. You seem like youre unsure about me." He said, his words laced with familiarity. "You shouldnt be though. I know I smell a little different, but Im the same dog you knew before."

Okibi opened the flap of the tent and held it open for Yume and the canines, and when it flapped shut she strode over to a small table where she could set their helmets down. "By the way, Yoomay and Cooroo, the Kid. Kid, Yoomay and Cooroo." She said, introducing everybody as she swaggered over to Maji's cot. She removed his helmet and plucked the two drowsy Sandruner chicks from his hold so Yume and the nurses could work on him. "Theres a gash on his shoulder too, by the way. Say, I dont suppose you know anything about animal health, do you Yoomay?" She asked, holding the baby birds up for her to see.

[MFT]

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Not before long after Okibi started shaking him, nurses rushed in from no where as a turqoise-haired woman came in behind them. She seemed like the leader of the pack. Was she a medical ninja? Maji was placed on the stretcher and injected with a pain killer. It was just in time, too, because the numbness he once felt due to adrenaline was beginning to fade. His expression relaxed once hit with it.

The pink-eyed boy's eyebrow raised when the woman talked. Not up to Okibi's level of adventure? Did he really look as pathetic and feeble as he inwardly perceived himself to be? Dangit! He tried so hard to not appear as a sissy before anyone, especially Okibi, but it seems that he was failing. That means he'd have to try harder; he'd make the blue-haired kunoichi regret saying that someday!

Maji was taken away as both women embraced. He didn't see the full effect of their greeting, but it was apparent, from what he saw, that they were friendly with each other. The medical lady's dialogue was enough to confirm this, but the boy's mind wasn't able to process as quickly and well like he normally would. It was probably the medicine they gave him or something. The tan-skinned student didn't have much time to dwell on these thoughts too much; they wheeled him in for a reason. The nurses started going to work as they stuck an IV in his arm and started preparing him for whatever was to come next. It was kind of uncomfortable, but he recognized it as necessary. Maji put on a grateful grin for them.

Not before long, Okibi and the other kunoichi walked within the tent. Seven and another furry animal followed them in. Maji's nose grew a little itchy when they did, but he resisted the urge to sneeze. Hanging out with the white-haired girl and her pups had started making him a tad more resistant. Speaking of Okibi, she was quick to introduce him to the color-haired woman. Maji flashed a bright, friendly smile and attempted to extend his hand in a fist bump. “Nice to meet you, Yoo-chan and Coo-kun! I'm Maji.”<i></i> Usually he was a bit bashful when it came to introductions, but Okibi's presence always gave him confidence. “And this is Ippin. She's the best.”<i></i> Ippin growled in delight as she rested on Maji's healthy shoulder.

Okibi removed Maji's helmet and plucked the baby birds from him. At that moment, he breathed in the fresh air and let the wetness of his arms dry. They were all sweaty from the birds. “Yeah, will they be okay?”<i></i> he muttered as if he didn't have other things to worry about. Suddenly, his leg began to throb. The boy winced and clenched his teeth. This was probably going to be a long evening.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fox would bounce a few steps away from the pup in surprise as his response would trigger a memory of when he first met Seven in all his imposing form at the Market. Okibi was still a child then but Seven hadn’t changed much in all this time. He was still as well spoken as ever. Crouching down, he would swish his tail over his head and swat a couple of times at the puppy in hopes that maybe he would like to play. If he didn’t, the fox would understand; there was the more pressing issue of an injured friend to attend to.

Ducking into the tent, Yume would wave in greeting to Maji as she would take a seat on a stool next to his bed. Her fingers would slide run over the body armour with a wistful smile. It had a similar texture to Sousuke’s Mark II armour which led the mednin to believe that it must have been his addition to the mission in an attempt to keep them safe. Further examination allowed her to find a release mechanism on each piece of the protective covering, causing it to slide away with a hiss as the button was pressed. She would release the arms first, followed by the good leg; next would come the chest guard. A smattering of blood was caked onto the inside of the gear, causing the wound to split open anew as the tentatively knit clot broke free. Pressing gauze down firmly, she would staunch the flow, directing a nurse to keep pressure as she went to work getting his injured leg free. Her eyes would rest on the lizard as she was introduced to her. Tentatively she would reach out, almost expecting a playful snap or two as she would gently extract her from her perch.

Com’er girl. That’s it. We’re going to be X-raying his leg and I’d hate for you to get sick from it. I’ll put you on these blankets here so you’ll be safe. I promise you can go back as soon as we’re done helping him.

She didn’t know if Ippin would understand what she was saying but she hoped that her soothing tone would let her know that everything would be alright. Bunching up a warm blanket on rolling table, she would place the lizard-fly down and get back to work. Exposing the limb, Yume would twist her mouth in contemplation. If it hadn’t been for the amour his leg would have been the size of a watermelon but it didn’t change the fact that it was probably in hundreds of little pieces. The nurses wheeled a device over that cupped around the bed like a giant C. A flat board was slid underneath his leg and the arm of the machine hovered over top. Draping a lead apron over the rest of his body, a thick divider would also put in place for the healthy occupants of the room to hide behind as X-rays were taken. Taking a moment to look over the chicks, Yume would scratch one of them on the head with a giggle.

No, I’m not veterinarian but these little guys look like they could use a nest. They’ve been pretty quiet so I don’t think they are in any pain. Nurse, Please take them to maternity and see if there is an incubator that is not in use. They will need to be kept warm. Now… let’s see how his leg is doing.

It didn’t take long for the images to be developed and by the time the equipment had been put away, she had the photos in her hand. Scanning them with an experienced eye, she pins them up across from her against the white sheet of the tent so that she can get a better look. It would be tedious but with proper rest, she believed that she could get the bone back in order.

Maji-kun , I’m going to try and reconstruct the bone. That way we won’t have to go through the painful surgery of having to replace your tibia a fibula with steel rods. You will probably be down for 4 - 6 weeks, the first few requiring you to keep weight off of it completely and the last few requiring that Miss Okibi here doesn’t take you on any more adventures. How are you with pain? I can use a local anaesthetic to freeze the limb, general anaesthetic to put you out, or I can use acupuncture to pinch off the nerve. The anaesthetics will take awhile to wear off but the acupuncture is my own signature treatment. It’s not widely practised. It’s your choice as you are the patient.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okibi handed the chicks over to a nurse and watched as she took them out of the tent, and apparently to the maternity ward to be kept warm in an incubator. That would be helpful; she'd just have to remember to stop by there and retrieve them when Maji's treatment was done with. She wasnt sure what they were going to do with the baby birds yet, but she would figure something out.

Turning back to the task at hand, Okibi steppe behind the protective barrier that was brought in to keep the x-rays nasty radiation away from them. When the pictures were printed out and Yume stuck them up on a glowing board nearby, Okibi winced. His leg was literally in what looked like dozens of pieces. Jeez, what did that poacher do? Dance on the poor Kid? She should have done worse than smack him across the cheek. Shoulda taken his damn head off.

Maybe she would go back into the desert later and do just that, then she would alert the anbu and have them arrested.

Her thoughts for avenging Maji's honor were interrupted when Seven suddenly bumped into her leg. She looked down at smiled when she saw the pup bouncing around CuRua, obviously in one of his playful moods. She didnt see it often; because his soul was still in tact and he retained most his memories when he was reborn, Seven still had a tendency to act like he was older than he was physically, but sometimes his inner puppy took over, and the sight was just to die for.

"What'chu got huh? You aint got nothin. I'm like a snake, man! A snakey snake!" Seven yipped as he dashed around CuRua, snapping his jaws playfully before bouncing backward, splaying his forepaws out on the ground in front of him. His rear end wagging high in the air, he growled in a high pitch. Suddenly he perked up, and raced for the tent flap. "Catch me if you can!"

Okibi watched her companion dart off with a laugh and then sobered up as she wandered over to Maji's bedside, plucking up Ippin along the way since the danger of radiation sickness was out of the way. "Four to six weeks huh? Dont think that means youre off the hook Kid. Youre still going to school and training with me like usual. I'll just have to . . . tweak our regimen." She stroked Ippin under the chin and looked at Yume with a grin. "But dont worry, I promise he wont be back in here with anymore broken bones . . . maybe. Probably . . . most likely."

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Yume removed his armor, Maji felt instant relief. It was kind of like that feeling one gets when one removes his/her socks after a long day's work, but a thousand times better. Cool air hit his body; it felt good.

The turqoise-haired medic motioned towards Ippin in order to do X-rays on Maji. The lizard butterfly, being the light-hearted and kind reptile that she was, abided by Yume's suggestion and hopped onto her arm. Ippin was just a very agreeable animal, plus the fact that the medic's voice was soothing and trusting didn't hurt. Maji also noticed how much empathy her tone carried – it was like morning bells chiming. It wasn't really the pitch that reminded him of so, but the intention and vibe that encased it. The boy was partially quick to warm up to her due to this. He felt safe.

After Ippin found her new resting ground on a clothed table, the student's X-ray was taken. The result sent him chills all over. The bone in his leg was literally in pieces. It was no wonder why he didn't feel it too much – there wasn't much left anymore anyway. The thought of this actually kind of freaked him out a bit. His breathing became faster-paced and his pulse slightly elevated, but after taking a few deep breathes, he was able to stabilize himself. “No biggie.” he responded anxiously at his results as if to convince himself it wasn't a big deal. It didn't really work.

Maji was so preoccupied with his leg that he almost didn't notice the sandrunner chicks leave the room moments before his results showed. He made sure to give them a small wave, but he was too preoccupied with this. He shifted his attention to Yume as she explained to him the plan of action.

The boy's pink eyes lit up as the woman spoke. She was so... medical-y. He had no clue half the stuff she said, but he got the gist of the last part. “Whichever is easiest for you, Yoo-chan. I don't mind being awake. Though, acupuncture sounds kind of cool, so let's go with that.”<i></i> Maji also picked that method because Yume appeared as if she was really into it. Might as well make an experience out of this.

The student shifted his attention towards Okibi. His mouth fell agape and his eye twitched a little thinking of what Okibi had in store for him after this. “Yanno, Oki-chan, maybe we should just focus on shinobi theory for the next four weeks...”<i></i> he laughed nervously after making his suggestion. He was pretty sure he sounded like a wussy, but he couldn't help but fear what was to come. He had a feeling she was kidding, but with Okibi, you never really knew...

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Broken bones in general aren’t an issue, just preferably not this one. It will be difficult enough to fix once and I would like it fully mended before I have to fix it a second or third time.

The mednin would glance and Maji’s face to see the sort of reaction she would get. Her statement would be delivered very matter-of-factly as if to suggest that she saw no issues with the methods that Okibi used to train her protégé. The small smirk that would grace her features would give away the intent of the joke. Underfoot a skirmish could be heard getting underway as CuRua would be chasing Seven around the furniture, pouncing on where he had been moments before only to find his paw empty. On the few occasions that they would come face to face, the fox would rear up on his hind legs and clap towards Seven, grabbing at his face and gently biting his nose when he would make contact.

Oh Yeah? Well this fox eat snakes. Imma catch you and Imma nom your tail. Grrrrr.

Out. Both of you.

Without having to be asked twice, CuRua would chase Seven out the door and down the pathways, darting between the tents in an exciting game of cat and mouse punctuated by loud yips and barks. Chuckling to herself, she would turn back to Maji and don a serious expression as she furrowed her brow in concentration. Turning the boy on his side with some assistance she was able to insert a few senbon between the L3 and L4 vertebrae, resulting in mild discomfort and a sharp prick as they slid into place, causing him to loose feeling from the knee down. That was the easy part.

Above his leg she would perform two sets of hand seals: one for each hand to act independently. From her fingertips would flow a gentle white light that would penetrate his leg almost like the threads of a marionette; sensory tendrils of chakra that would locate and rearrange the bone fragments by surrounding them to reduce further damage to the surrounding tissues. It would be a silent and tedious process as Yume sat with her eyes closes, fingers twitching slightly above his leg as if she were putting a puzzle together. After 45 minutes of intense focus, the mednin would open her eyes and slump forward gasping a little as her chakra supply had been slowly depleted over the duration of the procedure. Giving herself a moment of rest, she would then carefully remove the needles that had pinched off the sensations to his legs. Feeling would begin to spread through his lower extremities once more with a shadow of pins-and-needles as the nerves woke back up. It wouldn’t be as bad as if his they had fallen asleep from loss of blood flow but rather like slowly having lukewarm wax poured down his shins and calves. Rolling him onto his back as he had been before, she would lean heavily on the bed, relying on it to keep her upright until her strength returned.

How are you feeling, Maji-kun? Can you feel your toes? There may be some residual pain as the bone is not intact. You will need to be on crutches while the osseous tissue forms and solidifies. We’ll put you in a plaster cast for the first two weeks and then an air-cast for immobilization for the remaining time until you’re safe to walk on it again.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seven ducked around the side of a tempt and hurried up a stack of boxes. He waited at the top with bated breath for his foxy friend to come dashing around the corner to he could jump on him. But, just as CuRua was coming into view, Seven started to lose his balance on the stack and the boxes went toppling over. Seven yipped as he became covered in a mound of cardboard, some of them filled with medical supplies, and others empty. He ended up popping out of them with a nurses mask stuck on his face.

"Heh, do I look like I could save lives?" He asked, crossing his eyes, trying to look at the piece of material covering his nose.

Back in the tent, Okibi gave Ippin's head a stroke while she watched Yume do her thing. It was rather interesting watching the mednin; much more interesting than watching Sousuke work on his doohickeys and whatchamacallits. This was an actual human body she was working on! The white light that flowed from Yume's hands was interesting, and it reminded her of the light she'd seen Tama wield from time to time. She then eyed the needles that were sticking out of Maji's back, wondering how you could render a person's limb numb by stabbing him with pointy things. Didnt that typically . . . hurt them more?

After a long forty-five minutes, the procedure was over and Okibi handed Ippin back to Maji. She very nearly jumped forward to help Yume when it looked like the girl was about to faint, but the tough lil cookie caught herself before she could fall over or anything. Still, Okibi had to do something for the worn out mednin. Walking over to a nearby table with a water jug on it, Okibi poured a chilled glass of water, then walked over to Yume and offered it to her, as well as a seat.

"Hopefully you wont have to do anything like that for his shoulder too. You look like you can barely stay concious Yoomay." She sidled over to Maji and peeked at his gouged flesh. "It doesnt look too deep, and it isnt bleeding too much. Maybe just some stitches will do?"

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maji blinked in slight confused at Yume after she released her statement so matter-of-factly. Wait, second or third time?! She was joking, right? Then he caught on to her smirk. The pink-eyed boy's expression shifted into a grin as a result. The medical ninja had a good sense of humor, he knew that much now. It was a relief, too, because it brought him more ease and comfort with the upcoming treatment. Yume was kind and humorous – there was no way someone with such great qualities would mess up in treating his leg! He knew he was in good hands.

After the CuRua and Seven ran out the tent, the turqouise-haired ninja went to work. She pricked and slid senbon into Maji's vertebrae in order to numb the lower half of his body. He winced and bit his lip. While it did get the job done, getting stabbed by senbon for the seconds he had to endure it was no fun. He quickly got over it. Maji did feel weird, though. The lack of any feeling of his legs threw him off a bit; was this what paralyzed people felt? He felt lighter, too, for some unexplainable reason.

The next forty-five minutes were intense. Maji wasn't sure if the procedure was working or not due to a numbed lower-body, but he had complete faith that Yume was getting the job done. He did hear bones pop into place, or that's what he assumed it was, which was kind of cool. In fact, he thought the whole process of healing was quite fascinating. It was interesting to him that shinobi didn't only have the ability to destroy stuff with their chakra, but they also had to ability to mend and restore with it. It was an incredible phenomena, and it made him excited. The medical branch looked fun – maybe he'd ask Yume if he could shadow her at one point? It was a possibility. The thought entertained him for a bit, but he didn't necessarily want to become a medical shinobi right then and there. He just had more of a profound appreciation and admiration for them now.

After she finished, Yume appeared exhausted and weakened. She almost fell forward, but she managed to catch herself utilizing the bed. Maji gasped and half-extended his hand. Hopefully she didn't make herself sick from all that expended chakra, especially for his sake. He didn't want to be a burden to her or be the cause of her feeling ill. It was her job, but he felt a tad guilty nonetheless.

“I'm fine!”<i></i> he announced with a little too much enthusiasm. He was trying to express gratitude through his tone, but it came out a little stressed. He was still concerned for her. “Sounds good, Yoo-chan. Thank you so much!”<i></i> He was about to ask her if she was doing fine herself, but he didn't want to embarrass her or shame her, especially after the good she did for him and the fact that he was the patient. He shook his head and dropped it from his mental scope.

Okibi came over and handed Ippin to Maji. The lizard hybrid hopped onto his shoulder and rubbed her face against his; he embraced her fully. She was such a cute tiny thing. The white-haired women then handed Yume water and addressed his shoulder wound. He had almost forgot about it. “Stitches sounds good.”<i></i> he responded as if to back Okibi's suggestion.

He was almost healed! Well, he had to be in a cast for a while, but he didn't mind. Hopefully Okibi would show mercy in their future trainings... but she was creative. He secretly loved it.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The water was graciously accepted and rapidly drained into the mednin’s eager mouth. While chakra healing had its place, she found it immensely exhausting and preferred to save it for situations where more harm than good would come from alternative methods. Mopping sweat from her brow with the sleeve of her lab coat, she would give a weary nod to Maji as he expressed his gratitude.

I’m always glad to help those who need it. Thank you for allowing me to use my method of immobilization. Was it too uncomfortable? I will be giving you a prescription for pain medication to take with you in the event that your leg causes you unbearable pain. I do warn you that they can be addictive for some people. Make sure you only use them when you need to and only enough to dull the pain to a mild discomfort.

Scooting her stool up to the boy’s shoulder she would remove the gauze and take another look. Okibi’s assessment was correct and she would agree with a nod. The bleeding appeared to have stopped and reformed the tentative closure that she had broken upon removing the armour. Careful not to make the same mistake twice, she donned a pair of polyurethane gloves with a snap and threaded a curved needle with dissolving thread from a tray that had been brought in while she was focusing on the jigsaw puzzle that was his leg.

You’re going to feel a little pinch. Just take deep calming breaths. I promise it will be no worse than the pins that were in your back.

Taking up a syringe, she would pierce the skin around the gash to freeze it with a local anaesthetic. Knotting the end of the thread, she set to work expertly suturing the wound so as to have minimal pulling on the flesh. There was no point in having a kick-ass scar if it caused chronic discomfort. The physical exertion required to perform the task was infinitely less than the energy it took to assemble the bone and by the time she was done, her demeanour had returned to being as chipper as when they first came in. Once the stitching was complete she placed a clean sterile pad over it and used a roll of gauze to keep it in place.

The good news is that the lesion should heal on its own in about a week’s time and the stitches will fall out on their own so you won’t need to come back for that. The bad news is that you will have to be careful when you bathe yourself or you might prolong the healing if you scrub it too hard and rip it open again. That being said, your cast shouldn’t get wet either so unfortunately washing will be a chore for the next while.

As she mentioned the cast, a nurse would bring in a bowl of hot water and strips of plaster. Once more she would roll her stool down to line herself up with Maji’s leg. Gently she would slide a length of tubed fabric up and over his knee to protect his skin and create a base for the plaster, cutting it around the toes so that it extended the full length of his lower-leg. Wetting the strips in the bowl of water, she would begin a crisscross wrap of his leg that would immobilize his knee and his foot except for his toes, humming a simple tune as she did so.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okibi watched with fascination as Yume expertly handled the sutures and masterfully sewed up Maji's slightly gaping wound. Her mouth formed a little 'o' as her eyes lit up with wonder. The things mednin were capable of doing, even something as simple as sewing another person up, was pretty awesome. Okibi didnt think she'd ever have the patience necessary for such processes though. Especially that thing Yume did with the kids bone? Hell naw. No way could she sit in the same spot for forty five minutes putting something back together like a puzzle.

When she was done, Yume explained to Maji how he would have to handle himself in the coming weeks so his bones and shoulder healed properly. When she got to the part about bathing, Okibi grinned deviously at Maji, chuckling. "Don't worry Kid, you can bathe with me. I'll make sure you dont get your booboos wet." She gave his head a pat, and rubbed his hair down over his eyes playfully.

While Yume went about finishing Maji up with his cast, Okibi walked over to the flap of the tent and pulled it open, peering outside. "Now where did those two go . . . we probably wont be here much longer." Her brow furrowed. "He better not have gotten lost, that little mutt." She said, obviously using the derogative term in an affectionate way for Seven. She let the flap close again with a whisk and took a seat next to Yume so she could watch the mednin finish.

(Ick, short post.)

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Nah, everything was fine. Thanks again.”</B><i></i> he stated with an appreciative grin on his face. All the needles and stuff was pretty uncomfortable, but he thought it'd be best not to admit that. In the end, it worked out for his benefit, so he had no room to complain. Maji was thankful of Yume; he'd be in super bad shape if it wasn't for her. She was a life saver.

After removing furthers parts of his suit, the turqoise-haired medical ninja started to tend to the gash on his shoulder. She said it'd only need stitches, as Okibi suggested, so she got to it. She injected an anesthetic into his shoulder and began weaving threads into his skin. The pink-eyed student winced upon the injection, but the medication made him numb to pain around the region it was inflicted. The rest went pretty smoothly. As stressed, Yume was a master of her craft. She patched him up like if it wasn't too much effort. Before long, she was back to her previous demeanor and posture, too. Maji shot her a huge smile.

“Oh no, not showers! What ever will I do?”<i></i> he responded playfully. The joking expression that painted his face made it obvious that he was attempting humor. Though, like always, Okibi was quick with the comebacks. Showers with Okibi?! Maji thought back from the time he first met the girl and they both went to the Starlit Lake. It's not like he hadn't seen her naked before, but for some reason he shot her a slightly unpleasant look. He then shook his head and dismissed the idea. It wasn't like it was a big deal anyway. A naked Okibi was just a naked Okibi! He wasn't ashamed of his bare self, either. He chuckled and rubbed the back of his head with his uninjured arm.

After Okibi's playful gesture, Yume began to put his leg into a plastered cast. She was literally efficient in all forms of medical treatment. Maji's eyes sparked in admiration. He tried to be subtle about it, but he couldn't help but leak it out a bit. “You're so great, Yoo-chan! You're like...”<i></i> the boy glanced upward thoughtfully before continuing his outspoken thought, <B>“...a super doctor! But a cool ninja version of one instead.” he exhorted enthusiastically. Ippin cheered and backed him up with a shouted cry of her own. Thanks to Yume, they'd all be out of here safe and healthy in no time.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fox rolled on the floor with a yelping laughter as Seven came up from under the boxes with a mask over his face.

Only if laughter is the best medicine

Leaping around the boxes, CuRua would playfully joust with the puppy as they proceeded to make a bigger mess and draw the attention of the nurses on shift. A clapping of hands meant to scare them away accompanied with a harsh ‘Shoo!’ was enough to tell the fox that they would soon get in trouble if they didn’t make themselves scarce. With a flick of his tail, he would run a circle around Seven once more and stick out his tongue before taking off down the corridor of tents.

Naaaaahhhh…. Catch me if you can!

~*~*~

Yume would smirk and shake her head as she finished up the wrappings on the boy’s leg. She didn’t think the ‘bad news’ would come as a hardship, though with Okibi taking care of him, he might change his mind about taking showers of his own free-will. Her tune would be cut short as Maji would deliver the compliment and cause her to look up at him with surprise only to have her face break into a grin

A super doctor? I don’t know about all that but I do take pride in my work. Healing is an art and I am simply the artist. Thank you for your assessment though. It makes me happy to know that my work is appreciated.

With the last of the repairs completed, she would busy herself with putting things away and loading up the tray with the items that needed to be taken away. Giving Ippin a scratch under her chin with one finger and a pat on Maji’s head, she would pick up the tray with both hands and make her way to the flap of the tent. Halfway out she would look left, right, and then back at Okibi, replying to her remark before leaving.

They probably haven’t gone far. CuRua knows everything about this place so I’m sure they’re not lost.

On her way to the nearest supply station she would see a streak of golden fur chasing a long earred blur. Letting out a short shrill whistle, she would call out to both of them in a bestial tongue.

Seven, your mom is looking for you. CooRoo, it’s almost time to go home.

The fox would turn and sniff at the puppy as their playtime would come to a close, rubbing up under his chin in good-bye before taking off after Yume.

[Topic Left]

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Yume was finished with the boy, Okibi picked him up once more, taking the time to be gentle this go around. It would have been silly if she reopened his freshly sewn wound because she jostled him too much. Then, for a moment, as Yume wasnt looking, she felt overcome by the guilt of having put the kid in such a threatening situation in the first place, and then failing to protect him. She nuzzled the side of his head - a silent apology - then turned around so they could exit the tent behind Yume.

The mednin's sharp whistle made Okibi jump slightly, as her hearing was just a little better than a normal humans. She rubbed the side of her head closest to Yume against her shoulder, as though to rub the ringing in her ear away. "Damn Yoomay." She said with a laugh.

Seven trotted over to them, after accepting CuRua's farewell, grinning like a fool. Okibi shouted a quick thanks and her own farewell after Yume and the fox before looking down at the pup. "Have fun did you?"

Seven nodded, his tongue lolling outside of his mouth as he tried to catch his breath. "CuRua is fast. We should visit more often; I want to catch him next time."

Okibi laughed and started making her way in the direction of the maternity ward, following the scent of the Sandrunner chicks. "Lets go get our baby birdies and head home huh? I think someone could use a bath." She looked down at Maji, grinning like a devil.

[Topic Left after Maji's post]
(I'll go make some money requests nao!)

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After Yume had finished wrapping his leg into a cast, she rubbed Ippin’s chin and patted Maji on the head. The boy grinned gratefully in response. He was very appreciative of the medical ninja and her heart for healing – he admired her. She was humble, too, and took his compliment well. Okibi had such cool friends.

The white-haired kunoichi then lifted him gently and nuzzled the side of her head against his. He blushed lightly. Even though Okibi was fearless, brash, and often mischievous, she definitely had a soft side. Maji decided not to bring this to her attention, though. She’d probably attempt to disprove it and make him pay for such sentimental words. She wasn’t a Grinch or anything; Okibi was just a tough cookie! That was part of what made her awesome.

Ippin hopped onto the student and rested, now content, on his shoulder. Today was a long and adventurous day – he was beat. He yawned aloud and sank further into Okibi’s hold. She felt warm. “Goodbye, Yuu-chan and Coo-kun! Thanks again.” He flashed a large smile and waved with his uninjured arm. As they headed out, he had forgotten completely about the Sandrunner chicks. Okibi remembered, though, and was apparently already headed their direction.

It was time to retrieve their new friends! Wait, shower…?

“Oki-chan…”<i></i> he responded sheepishly with a nervous chuckle after every syllable. She was kidding, right? Her devilish grin proved otherwise. He gulped. Oh Lord.

[Topic Left w/ Okibi]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back