Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Office [Pick-up/Drop-off Missions]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
230px-Mr_Briney_anime.png

It was nothing more than a tent made from old bed sheets hanging like an awning over an over-sized desk littered papers. The surface was marred with a maze of scratches and the edges were darkened from what looks like it may have been a fire. There was an old man sitting behind the desk. He had a happy enough expression and unlike most he still preferred traditional garb. He was one of the few to enjoy old age as a shinobi and had been retired a great many years, but like any good shinobi... once a shinobi always a shinobi. He wore his Hitai-ate proudly on his upper arm. He might not be able to be of physical service to Sunagakure on the field but he was more than capable of paper-pushing.

IC drop off/pick up requests here.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Nanami nodded respectfully to the old man and handed him an envelope with a friendly smile. "I was told to acquire my consultant fees here, I believe." Not mercenary fees. Consultant. She had lent her services as a doctor, not as a common thug or anything of that sort. "Please and thank you."

As she waited for the paperwork to be finished though, her eyes caught on another mission on the board. She remembered the Cabal and Kaito and mentions of a storm.

Her curiosity was seriously going to kill her one day. Hopefully, that day was not going to be today or anytime soon. "I'd like to ask if they still need any help with this mission as well," she hummed. "Anything to be of service, right?"
|</FONTFACE>[legend="[b]Out of Character Notes[/b]"][/legend]<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">[/col]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Part of his mission was to 'make friendly overtures toward Sand.'

Such a thing was not too difficult to do with a village in mid-crisis, or at least at the tail end of a rather large crisis. The thing Makoto was finding issues with was doing anything significant, and anything tailored to his own skills. He might have been reasonably adept with Taijutsu, but he was not particularly suited to heavy lifting. There was one thing, however, something that involved a quest of knowledge and probably skill, something that undoubtedly would need the clever usage of Ninjutsu to survive...

Well. It was up his proverbial alley, to the point of being a strike.

Not to mention that wretched storm had seriously been trying him the entire way into Sand. Being part of the team that figured out a step toward removing it, and possibly even doing the actual removal, would be incredibly satisfying.

"That storm...it would be the ghastly mess preventing you from living on the surface, yes? It would be my complete pelasure to assist in defeating it, since that seems to be an option."

An unnatural sandstorm, though! How on earth could that possibly have happened...? A mystery as well as a mission, that would act to help along his real mission to boot. That wasn't something he could turn down.

[Entered and Left 30 min/Signing up for Group Mission 2: the Storm One.]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Shaky hands signed the bottom of several forms. He could barely read the fine typeface anymore without his spectacles which he left at home, but thankfully he brought his trust magnifying glass. Sand-worms were a tertiary issue right now considering the health of the village as a whole, he shook his head and placed that form aside. "Maybe next week," he promised himself. A young, modestly dressed young woman made her way to his tent, perhaps the poorly hung sign was sufficient.

"I was told to acquire my consultant fees here, I believe."

"Yes-yes," the old man chuckled. "Just set-up this tent this morning," he admitted "...and you are the first customer. My word seems to get around quick these days." The old man's wrinkled face contorted into a near toothless smile. That was what he forgot, his dentures. Oh, to be young again with that smooth skin and upright posture. These kids do not know how good they have it! After seventy, the mind becomes addled and the memory not quite what it used to be. It has its benefits of course, you are always meeting new people... even in the middle of a conversation with them. He could hide his own Easter Eggs if he wanted. The old man eyed the woman suspiciously, she did not look like a consultant... she looked like some sort of person who did stuff. What was he thinking about? Oh yes...

"Please and thank you."

"Ah," the old man replied as he slid her a mission report upside down. He had no idea what it was, in fact he forgot what he was doing here. There sure was a lot of paperwork though. "One flat sheet scroll madam," he concluded, forgetting exactly what these forms were but still recalling the fact that she wanted one of them. "You're welcome madam. Please come to my store again!" Cute girls were always a good asset to have on a storefront.

"I'd like to ask if they still need any help with this mission as well"

"Mission?" He replied quizzically. He looked up, then to the side before finally looking down. In great big letters, still a bit hard to read without his spectacles read S-RANK MISSION on the top of his pile of forms. The typeface was so large the woman could easily discern it from where she was standing. "Oh yeah, I work here..." He replied ponderously as he pulled out his magnifying glass to have a look. "Mmmm... I see..."

"Anything to be of service, right?"

She added, bring the old man back to the matter at hand. "oh, yes... right... Tomorrow morning at dawn, gates of the Toraono Dojo, it says something about intelligence garnered from a Mister Kaito regarding an epicenter to our storm." He explained reading from the paper in front of him essentially word for word. "It would appear that they are looking for a medic, someone skilled in survivalist like an ANBU but not necessarily and... shinobis skilled in either sand or earth manipulation as well as magnetic or gravitational techniques." His brow furrowed as he read on. "Sounds neat, I will sign you up." The old man offered, not yet knowing her name but decidedly started drawing a stick-figure woman wearing large glasses and writing a #1 next to it.

"That storm...it would be the ghastly mess preventing you from living on the surface, yes? It would be my complete pelasure to assist in defeating it, since that seems to be an option."

Another young man announced. The old man still holding his magnifying glass up to his eye looked up at the young man. "Mother-Suna!" He gasped before he dropped his viewing lends onto the pile of papers in shock. "I would not get your hopes up for that," the old man admitted. "Back in my day I had to travel fifty miles for my training over storming dunes uphill both ways!" He started to rant before he continued on about the price of things when he was a kid. It did not seem like the young man was willing to listen to a word, whatever he told the woman with glasses seemed to be enough for him. He would continue talking to himself thinking he had an a audience for a full-minute before he would realize that he was alone. When he was done, he shrugged his shoulders and wrote #2 next to a sketch of a young man who went prematurely grey with a wicked case of bedhead.

Signed up:
  • Maelstrom Mission: will post at the gates today the start for this mission, simply waiting on 2 other participants before we get this underway.
    1. Mizushima Nanami (Merc)
    2. Shiruko Makoto (Merc)

EDIT:

THREAD

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The third member of the undertaking to investigate the eye of the storm was a seemingly mechanical entity. To the old man it would seem as if one of Judori's old mass produced puppets had cut the strings and simply attained its own sense of self. The puppet-entity approached the desk. Strangely a set of golden circles began glowing from the eye visor. Scanning the details, the head nodded slowly. Two names that could not be identified as Suna residences. One of the names were known to this entity. One wasn't. It was the fourth and final member of this party that seemed to concern this entity as it in took the data before it.

The puppet entity seemed taller as it approached the desk. It stood close to over six feet tall. Upon closer inspection it seemed that this puppet was maybe an upgraded model of the old Steward's. Clearly whomever made paid attention to detail. This old model seemed very capable of turning its head from side to side where as the old model did not have to do that. Secondly this model seemed to have several working joints. This puppet clearly wanted to be capable of moving and not being limited at all. The colouring of this puppet was usually green, but it had received a new paint job. The colouring of it was now a darker green.

To state its intentions the puppet entity simply reached forward and took a pen in its hand. It wrote a name. Takahashi Sousuke III. Well. Now a lot more would make sense. What was present was Sousuke in an armour. With his old designs destroyed, it was only natural he would work out something. In this case it was his father's works. That of course now left one member left now

(I wrote several posts, then deleted them as I was not fond of the outcome in my head. This one I am content with.)

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hey gramps, you in here?" Called Katsuo, peeking through the folds of the tent as he spoke and stepping through at the same time.

At his height his hair brushed against the top of the tent as he walked through it, going to the table where the old man sat knowing exactly why he'd come. There was a pending mission "on the books" so to speak to investigate the Diamond Maelstrom with the information that Kaito had given to them as a part of his joining service under Katsuo. Truth be told, it was probably unnecessary for him to even swing by the mission tent to begin with after all he was not only the man who legends said could pierce the storms but also the only man that he knew of in Sunagakure with the powers which might actually be able to do it. He could not control the diamond sands -- at least not like his father and ancestors did -- but the power he'd gained from the spark of Primus would be invaluable none the less.

"Has the mission to investigate the Maelstrom acquired enough members to get undergoing yet?"

The answer didn't matter terribly. He would be going even if no-one else was interested. Going alone into the Diamond Maelstrom would likely be a suicide mission but he had to know. This mission was as much a spiritual journey as it would be a business-related matter. Stories said that only a Sunahoshi could put an end to the storms and decades of Sunagakure's history had hinged on the fact that they had lacked that individual to fulfill that prophecy. As a rule, Katsuo did not believe in a thing called destiny pushing him along and determining his fate but things were certainly... aligning in a certain way. His arrival in Sand just before the Cabal attack... the Cabal agents having information about the Maelstrom... it fit together in a way that he didn't understand yet. Still.

Reaching down, Katsuo scribbled his name into the parchment and for a moment looked upon his signature. "Masashi Katsuo". Or was that... "Sunahoshi Katsuo" now? He felt no real attachment to that name... the name of his father. But did it dishonor the memory of that man he'd never met to willfully discard his name? Another question he'd yet decided the answer to yet.

"Let'em know I'm coming. Thanks."

[Signing in for Maelstrom mission]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

A large, lumbering mechanical oddity made its way into the ruins. The old man sat quietly behind the desk as the armored puppet signed the name of the steward onto the form. The old man raised his brow, it seemed like that mission in particular was a popular one. He nodded approvingly as the uncanny creation exited wordlessly. "G'luck Judori!" The old man called to his back.

In the wake of the unusual participant thje old man's eyes grew heavy and he prepared himself for his second afternoon nap. Two separate naps are far better than one when it comes to feeling restful. Unfortunately the peace was fleeting as a boisterous voice commanded his attention once again.

"Hey gramps, you in here?"

"Eragh!" The old man yelled as he fell over in his chair. Thankfully he did not break his noodle or his hip. As he pulled himself up, the young Sunahoshi inquired.

"Has the mission to investigate the Maelstrom acquired enough members to get undergoing yet?"

The old man looked at the paper quizzically. There was a blank spot on the list remaining. "No?" He replied questioningly. The energetic young man proceeded to write down his name, filling in the fourth line of the form. Masashi Katsuo.

"Let'em know I'm coming. Thanks."<i></i>

The old man really did not have any time to brief the man on where to go, with whom or where. Perhaps he was already privy to those details or perchance he was just going to 'wing it', regardless hopefully he met up with the team in time to start the mission.

Signed up:
  • Maelstrom Mission [FULL]:
    1. Mizushima Nanami (Merc)
    2. Shiruko Makoto (Merc)
    3. Takahashi Sousuke III
    4. Masashi Katsuo

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Y01RXxI.png

Ken

A silent giant in fashionable couture made his way through the ruins. His eyes shaded with a dark pair of glasses. He was heading for the mission tent, he needed to remove a form and to leave a form in its wake before he disappeared for a few weeks. Perhaps he would go to Sora for an impromptu vacation. It would so him some good to see the sun and the sea. His massive hand planted on the table, creasing the hardwood table with an imprint of his hand. His shaded gaze scanned the forms, only one was of interest. S-Rank: Aburabuta Hirotomi Recovery from Soons Haven. The form was blank, not a single name was scrawled onto the list. Wordlessly, Ken grabbed the form and crumbled it in his tan hand and stuffed it into his pocket. A sealed letter was slid onto the desk.

The bodyguard turned on his heel and departed without waiting for the antediluvian man to respond.
Topic Left

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
2wPGJBD.png

Shiori

Dressed in a short white bandage dress and a pair of brown knee-high heeled boots, Shiori did not seem dressed for the occasion. Her fiery red locks, piled on the top of her head like a nest. Her brilliant blue eyes shone through a fringe of hair. She was not recognizable in this form, but it was too troublesome to take on her old one. Shiori planted her hand on the desk where the previous man left an indentation. It looked small in comparison. She looked at it with wonder for a moment before she smiled pleasantly at the elderly old man and picked up the top mission listing. </FONTFACE><FONTFACE fontface="helvetica">"Hmm... Communications Center, thanks" There was no reason to dally, it was early but she did not have all day. There was a very small period of time between hangover and drunk, so she had to get whatever she needed to do quick.
Topic Left

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke from his task. It wasn't announced that he had taken the task, probably for the best it was done in secret. "The seat of the King is restored. Spread the word."<i></i> He announced to the old man. It took some thinking. It took some crafty use of jutsu. The throne was comprised of many materials of the earth. That was the point those. This was Sungakure. The earth endured. The earth was eternal. Suna would survive from this and would continue to endure.

Sousuke coughed. "Oh. For the record. Dad didn't take the mission into the storm. I did. Although I understand your confusion."<i></i> He had to bring this up for the sake of clarity. "Anyways do let people know that a throne has been made. Call it ... a miracle? Yes. A miracle of the earth and of the mind."<i></i> Science could not explain miracles. Well. It wasn't a miracle he had created the throne. The miracle of the mind was ... debatable. Sousuke was going to stick with it. The fact he was able to put together a new throne with little to no forethought about it. "Yes... so... have a nice day, and may you succeed in your undertakings."<i></i>

[Topic entered/left]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Pretty ladies and Kazekages, his little mission table was getting some interesting business as of late. It was a shame that the former Kazekage was not still taking missions, back in his day [insert something probably false and equally dramatic involving wrestling a sandworm on their chuunin exam blindfolded]. "Ha Ha! And good luck to you too Mister... who are you again?" The old man inquired unsure of who Sousuke was. "Well, that does not matter... here is your paycheck. THANKS for your help!"

~Payment made to Sousuke for mission completion.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A box was delivered to the old man today. A simple red box, the contents of which ... had a symbolic significance to the Anbu more so than this old man. The box contained a broker cleaver with a message written in cursive. The writing seemed a bit stressed, but it was still very legible. Not that the old man would recognize it but this was the writing of the Steward reporting his success in tracking down and killing Maki Rikuto aka the Butcher.
Sungakure can now sleep a little safer now. The Butcher's murderous sprees have ended... with permanent results. Resting now in the hospital. Package probably being delivered by one of Dad's puppets, or maybe my dog. Not sure which.

-TS3.

P.S. Expect more bingo book entries to be dealt with over time. Just trying to make this village a better place. A hive of villainy will be dealt with in time.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Looking like she had a bad day, Nanami trudged up to the old man. "I was told by the authorities to report that I've caught the wanted slaver, Torihiki Urikire. He'll no longer plague your lands and steal your children," she grumbled, crossing her arms and taking a deep breath. "Sorry, sir, it's been a long day. If that's all, I'd like to leave. Get out of this heat and maybe get some rest."

Capturing a wanted man wasn't as bad as almost getting eaten by a sandworm or a storm god. But, considering it's just been one mission or incident after another with her, the doctor's just been tired for a while.

As soon as she was let go, she would give the old man a polite but stiff nod before turning around, seeking shelter in the nearest air conditioned establishment.
|</FONTFACE>[legend="[b]Out of Character Notes[/b]"][/legend]<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">[/col]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
3TLkbnf.png

The old, likely Alzheimer's ridden man gave the young woman a near toothless grin. These young people and their 'authorities' and 'slavers', heh kids these days. "Thank you kindly. Ha Ha, don't spend it all in one place." The pay was not much, whatever someone had kindly put aside and separated with elastic bands. Someone knew better than to let the old man count, he probably would have given her the entire store, forgetting how much he was supposed to compensate her. "Stay out of trouble young lady!" He called as she departed. It was hard work being a Sunan, even a temporary one.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
2wPGJBD.png

LINK

Shiori entered the humble tent, her yellow sundress covered in soot and a pile of bones in hand. Shiori wordlessly dumped the bones onto the table. The bones were human, the long femur and the skull being the most obvious. Many of the other bones were less... intact. Brittle and burnt away, the other bones cracked and splintered even during this brief journey. "Minikui Tsuyoi is dead, you can probably identify her through dental records," Shiori announced in a half-hearted attempt to explain herself. She did not seem sad, nor did she seem bothered. A small glowing jar on her hip she nodded to the old man and added, "thank you for your time. My name is Takahashi Shiori, please reimburse me when you have identified her body." She needed to get home, she had a mouth to feed. She did not care about the woman's life nor did she care about her unfortunate end. She did not take this life for pleasure, not did she take it to protect another. She took it because it would not be missed and she needed the soul. Her son needed that soul.<i></i>
Topic Left

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Strolling in and whistling while he did, spinning his sword loosely in one hand, he had a slip in his other hand signed by his new employer, this being his official last mission for Sunagakure, if it even was for them. He'd hand it into the office clerk and stand around waiting for his due pay, before collecting it all and heading toward the door to leave. He had been through hell and back these past few months, a fight here, a poisoning there, even a giant carnasaur! It was truly a marvel he hadn't eaten dirt in all of that mayhem. In all of that time all he wanted was a good bubble bath and a haircute, something mundane along those lines to keep him from going nuts, so it felt good to do something as mundane as turn in paperwork. A sigh of relief was heard as he exited the office, heading off on his next, no doubt daring, adventure. What would it be this time? Save super models from the evil fattening foods, or maybe wrestle a sandworm! The possibilities where endless. Knowing his luck however, it would most certainly be something stupid like stopping a world war or eating a gross bug. He'd stop to think about it, people behind him coughing politely to let him know they were trying to get by, but he was too busy playing out fantastical adventure in his head. Then someone tapped him on the shoulder and he jumped, spinning around as if he'd just been assault and was trying to dodge further harm.

"Oh sorry, I lost track of my thoughts." he said politely, bowing as if to show respect to the ones he had wrong and then walking out the door and on to the adventure, for real this time.

[MFT]
[WC: 302]
[Mission Links: http://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=216&t=43049 http://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=216&t=42823]
[A Rank Modded Solo Mission - 7,500 Yen, +25 stats points]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Monies Given.
Stats to be given with your training.

IC:
3TLkbnf.png

The elderly man gave the swordsman a toothless grin as Homura came seeking compensation for his efforts. It was only the other day that Ken liberated that same mission posting because nobody was willing to take it on. All was safe and well it would seem, the old man could barely even remember the intimidating mook that took that posting. "Thanks sonny," he replied stamping the mission as complete and sliding over a small purse to the polite shinobi.

Karitoriki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
74ba2e5b434272f5560e7cd6c3e9da63.jpg

Karito traveled into the mission office. He was still lugging the man around, unconscious on his shoulder. He traveled to the main office, and dropped the man, purposefully on his head to knock him out again (since he was coming awake again).

"Here you go. Got the A rank criminal The Justicar here. Ready to place him into the jail."

Karito smiled, his ghostly blue eyes glaring for some help. He wanted to be done with this boring mission- this man had no trouble with the Justicar. It was a pretty simple mission, and since this bingo book criminal was prideful, he was easy to track and find.
<i>
</i>

(link to self modded mission:Here you go)

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Here you go. Got the A rank criminal The Justicar here. Ready to place him into the jail."

The old man looked up at the young shinobi, his crows feet deepened as he eyed the scene. An unconscious man being lugged about by an albino. That was something you did not see every day. As The Judge was dropped off, the old man poked him with a pencil curiously. "Huh, neat," he stated out loud as he opened up the lockbox on the table and slid over a small stack of bills for the shinobi's troubles.
Monies Given.

The Cabal said:
[col]
bingo%20top.png

uCTDMhl.jpg

Name: Tenma
Village Affiliation: Ex-Chunnin
Current Status: Wanted and Missing

Threat Level: A
Known Aliases: The Justicar, The Judge

Description:
Tenma is a 30 year old man who had seen too much of the filth of the lower districts in his years as a Chunnin, always arriving there at the wrong times to be of any help. Under the pressure of watching so many innocent people die he snapped and became a vigilante, killing anything and anyone he believes is a breaker of the law.
He has long white hair and wears a red cloak. Despite how sore of a thumb he should be, Tenma is an expert at hiding and blending in through the use of minor genjutsu.

Type of Fighter:
Tenma fights in two forms of long range combat. The first is the use of a chain sword that has a twenty foot reach and is an expert in every style concerning the use of the weapon. Secondly he can use genjutsu to an advanced level, mastering in the lower levels of sensory techniques, usually ones that involve sight.

The Diamon District - Murdered a crooked Sunagakure politician in public view outside of a premium restaurant.
Charges:
Murder in 2 Degrees/Extreme Vigilantism

Description of Charges:
Tenma has killed outright in public and done so through the covert action of seeming like he was taking over a company before pulling out all of his stocks at the last second to sink it. He then went to each owner of the company and assured that they did the 'honorable' thing by committing suicide in their shame.
He has also publicly executed known criminals as well as first time thieves. Despite all of his public attacks he has been next to impossible to catch due to his prowess with visual genjutsu.

bingo%20bottom.png
|
This is Considered to be a Self-Modded Solo Mission

Important: Self-modded missions may be done twice in a week, however the second mission done yields half normal rewards. Players may also perform one mission with 2x the word count in order to gain the rewards of having done two missions. This still only yields half rewards for the second mission.

What Rank of Self-Modded Solo Missions can I perform?
  • A user may only perform a mission of their current OOC Rank or lower. This mission is considered to be A Rank, so if you are A Rank or above, you may do this mission.

What are the rewards for Solo Missions?
  • This is an A Rank Mission, for completing an A Rank Mission you will earn 3,500 Yen.

What is the required word count for this mission?
  • This is an A-Rank mission, the word-count requirement is 450 Words.

Someone else has already caught this BINGO Book entry, what now?
  • This entry is NOT considered to be a repetitive entry, meaning there is only ONE of him to catch. Once he is caught, there will not be another chance to catch him unless he is 'let' go. He is considered to be dangerous, you may use lethal force on him but if you do you must provide proof of his death to be provided mission rewards. If this entry has been killed or captured, notify a council person so that this entry may be removed and replaced with a new one.

I have completed my mission, what now?
  • Drop you mission off in character (IC) HERE.

I am not from Sunagakure but I am visiting and I would like to perform a solo mission listed, is that OK?
  • YES! While you are always welcome to join our community (and we do encourage it), leaving people out of the fun goes against the out of character spirit of this community. You can serve as a mercenary or a helpful foreigner and complete these missions as well, just keep it in character and drop your mission off at the office as listed above but re-linked HERE. Just be sure that you have gotten permission from your primary community.
[/col]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back