Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Over [Reporting in/req Yomi]

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It wasn't a very fast mission at all. It took Akumi a good few weeks, and, she honestly had nothing on Umashi's disappearance, but she followed all the leads she could. The big shot Uchiha was out of town and was nowhere near Umashi when he disappeared, and the Uchiha's she did talk to had no idea what AKumi was talking about, so Akumi watched a few, and that really led nowhere. So Akumi's report was not that big at all, weeks of work with no leads to show.

Akumi wanted to deliver her report straight to Yomi, she knew Yomi was probably busy, so she would make it quick. She felt bad for Yomi, but she also looked up to her in a way. She was strong, and Akumi trusted her. Akumi hoped that Umashi would be found quickly so things could go back to normal.

Once Akumi was let into Yomi's Office, "Hello, Hokage-sama, I have the report on the mission you sent me on." Akumi said briefly, then she would set a file on the desk, and wait for Yomi to read it. It also included statements, and some technical paperwork 'proving' some Uchiha were out of the village during the occasion. It made the file look a little bigger at least.
[spoilername="Report"]
Report said:
"I went to Tamashii for the information I neede, and he allowed me access to his files. From the files, I was able to find Uchiha, and question them. I questioned a few Uchiha, they all said the same basic thing. The Uchiha clan is thriving, and this year is one of their best years by far. None of them seemed to have any new information on the disappearance.

I looked up a few other big names Uchiha, and most were out of the village on missions, reports say they are active in other villages, so they could no way be involved with this situation.
I observed the last few Uchiha and found nothing that could contribute to the investigation.

My conclusion is: The Uchiha clan members have nothing to do with Umashi's sudden disappearance. The Only Uchiha that would be cable of pulling off a high-risk task like this was out of the village, the rest of the Uchiha are Genin, and students who had no leads on who may be the culprit."
[/spoilername]

It was a very short report, but there was nothing to really say. Akumi felt like she was on a wild goose chase after all this, but she was at least sure that the Uchiha had nothing to do with this. She just hoped these documents would help Yomi see the same thing.

[Topic made]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka announced Akumi's arrival, ahead of the secretary. It was a wonder that the Secretary even showed up for work, given that Asuka minded Yomi most of the time. Perhaps they worked out some sort of arrangment that Yomi had no idea about. She wouldn't question it, as long as it was working for the two of them. Akumi came in and sat down, to give her the report she had been waiting for. Yomi listened as she pat her stomach, showing a small, but pronounced baby bump under her form fitting dress.

Yomi knew since the day she gave Akumi this mission, that the Uchiha had nothing to do with it, thanks to Mikasa's own reporting. Instead of calling off Akumi's mission, she needed to be certain that the girl was true to her word, and, did not falter even if the trail led nowhere. Pretending to read through the file in an interested manner she would wait an uncomfortably long time before she started.

"Well, I can put this to bed then and officially report to your brother that we no longer need to be looking into the Uchiha. Of course, that doesn't put us any closer to any other answers." She pat her stomach and looked at Akumi.

"Now, for the matter of your official reinstatement, after all, that's why you're here." The woman closed the file tossing it to the side.

"As you well know, I am running all of the branches, more or less, because I am the Medical Sennin, the ANBU Sennin is wherever he is currently, and there is no Main Branch Sennin. I have two ANBU Captains, and a Medical Chief, but no Head Jounin. I may be a bit presumptuous, but, I truly believe that you meant what you said when you came back and are willing to do what you say to protect the village. If your dedication to this mission is anything to go by, I'd say, that you are well suited for the task of Head Jounin."

Yomi sat up straighter in her chair "However, should you pull a stunt like you did before, you will not be shown leniency. Your brother will not be able to save you from me in such an instance. I, personally, cannot have another one of my Konoha-nin disappear on me again. I have chalked this up to fiery youth, but, you will not be afforded that luxury again." Yomi was not threatening the girl, more giving her notice of what was to come, should she make Yomi regret her decision. It was very clear that she had been spending a lot of time with Kenshin.

"So, what do you say?" Yomi followed up to add more relevant details. "You should know, before you say yes or no, you'll be sent on another mission immediately, should you accept the position." Of course The Hokage wouldn't say what the mission was, but, that was half of the fun.

[ooc: Congratulations! You can request your Leaf Head Jounin banner as of this post, if you accept the title.]

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Akumi was jovial that she was not displeased with the lack of information, it kinda made her a little nervous. But Other than that, while waiting here, Akumi couldn't help but notice Yomi was getting a bit of a belly, was she pregnant? She wouldn't ask or say anything unless she was 100% sure, of course, Akumi heard rumors while in town, but she was never one to dig into them unless she had too. It would probably not take long to figure it out anyways.

The long silence felt like an eternity, though it might have only been a few minutes, Akumi made sure not to allow her eyes to stray off too much. Yomi broke the silence and the room was no longer placid.

Akumi sat and listened to Yomi speak, it took a moment for Akumi to realize exactly what she was saying. Head Jounin? It was a surprise, Akumi almost couldn't believe it. She wasn't sure if she was fit for the job, but there was only one way to find out. Yomi, of course, warned Akumi that if she would to stray again, things won't be so pleasant. She was also told that she would be sent on another mission right away, Akumi figured as much, Missions never bothered Akumi.

"I would be honored to accept this title." Akumi stated, "Thank you very much for this chance, Lady-Yomi." Akumi stated, and bowed her head in a respectful manner, she then sat back right and waited for her next orders. Akumi was exited, and very happy, She couldn't display it now, but it was probably visible in her eyes. Head Jounin was a huge step up, it would be a learning experience for her, hopefully, Akumi will be able to fully achieve her full potential. Main Branch was not a popular branch since it didn't have any obvious traits like anbu or Mednin, it was pretty Neutral in a way, the Medic Branch and Anbu branch seemed so cool to a child's eye, She was tempted to join Anbu when she was younger. The main branch she really felt at home at, so to be granted such a title truly made her feel very grateful.

[Accepting the title Head Jounin]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi truthfully didn't know whether or not Akumi was going to accept the position or not. It was a thing she thought of as she sat there that instance, and had not given it any idea to it previously. Akumi came from good stock and she was running short on assistance as far as the Main Branch was concerned. She was happy to know that Akumi would accept the position.

"Good. I expect great things from you, Akumi. Now, for your mission." The Hokage didn't seek to keep Akumi longer than she had too. She was sure that she was excited to tell her brother and whomever else about the new developments. "Seek out my Guard, Yuu Kenshin. Tell him I sent you, and tell him you want to fight him. A condition of you keeping this position is that you can fight. Peace has made us all soft, and Umashi is missing because of it. Not to mention the lack of a real Main Branch, and, an ANBU that has been doing double duty because of it." None of this was Akumi's fault, but as the current Head Jounin, she was now responsible for getting it back into shape.

"If you last 3 rounds, I'll consider you past probation. If you beat him, I'll probably make you a Sennin." Of course, if she beat him, she'd probably make her Kage Guard since fighting Kenshin was like fighting a brick wall, that also hit back, an knew no pain. Beating him would be a testament to her strength and endurance.

"And, because Main Branch numbers are low, I expect you to do some recruiting at the Academy. Kenshin will report to me what he thinks of your battle prowess, and you will report to me, after a full assessment of the Branch, what you think it needs to get more folks interested."
Yomi stood speaking to her newly minted Head Jounin.

"Congratulations, Akumi. If you have no questions, you are dismissed." Yomi gave Akumi a small smile, since all the formal bits were done.

[TLUS]

[ooc: While it's not a formal mission, you do have to fight Kenshin as a condition of keeping your promotion and do the recruiting for the Branch.]

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Akumi listened, she was not expecting that kind of mission if it was even called that. A fight? Akumi felt her anxiety flare up, but she did her best not to show it. She had been avoiding fights for the past year, she'll have to train a bit beforehand so she'll be in shape. AKumi agreed that peace had made them all soft, she probably would be a lot more confident in her skills if she fought more often. She had plenty of reasons to fight while she was missing, but she was trying to not draw attention back then, fighting would have allowed the Anbu to pinpoint where she was.

All Akumi had to do was last three rounds, she probably could do it, at least if she really wanted to keep her new position she would need too. "Alright, I will do it." Akumi stated.

Akumi had to also recruit for the branch at the academy, probably at the tournament. She believed she could do that. Now that main branch had someone to coax students, Anbu and Medic branch couldn't pick them all. Even if she recruits four new genin, she'd feel like it would be a success. "I have no questions at the time. I will see you soon then, Lady-Yomi." Akumi stated, then she stood. Akumi bowed before she left.

Once Akumi was out of the office, and the door was shut, she let out a sigh. She felt like she had been holding her breath this entire time. Akumi knew she needed to step up now, and she needed to be more confident if she was going to win.

[topic left, unformal mission accepted]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back