Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Moths and Flames

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
You didn't need the sunlight or heat for a mirage to form in the desert, no, given the right conditions Moonlight and cold could achieve the same results. As the robed Kunoichi flew through the air (Gravity Ninjutsu) beside the colossal creature known as Urufuebi, her hawk like gaze lingered on the horizon, a shimmering city-scape floated above the edge of the world, a mirage of a world long past or one yet to come.

And then, far off in the distance a light broke the illusion. Not a physical light but a light Kiko had come to realise was a spiritual manifestation of the gods, it meant that a god, old or new, had chosen this one as their champion before the turning of the age... The Kunoichi came to a stop suspended in the air, her robed kimono rippling in the high altitude breeze, knowing full well that the silhouette of Urufuebi as well as her much smaller human sized silhouette would be clear against the large desert moon hanging in the clear star riddled sky behind them.

"Is this why you led me out here Uru or is this a suprise for you to?"

A deep rumble came from the throat of the massive creature flying gracefully despite is colossal size, the rumble followed by a strange bubbling as organs not meant for human speech vibrated and hummed together to mimic it, though it's monstrous mouth seemed to move slightly out of sync with the way the brain would imagine they should.

"...I... ...was... ...hunting... ...for... ...sharks..."

Kiko giggled slightly at the behemoth's response as she looked at the sea of sand spanning seemingly infinitely around them despite their great height.

"How is that going for you in the middle of a scorched desert at night?"

"...My... ...chances... ...are... ...not... ...zero..."

Kiko looked contemplative for a moment as she considered the ancient creatures words.

"True true. Well your shark hunt will have to wait, there is someone we have to meet...."

With a grumble from the larger creature the pair descended through the sky rapidly, Kiko's shoeless feet coming to a sudden stop only inches from the surface of the sand before she gently lowered herself down into a kneeling position, though close observation would reveal her body seemed to be floating just above the ground.

Urufuebi's landing was not so graceful, the colossal jellyfish/crab creature slamming into the sand with enough force to cause a wave of wind displaced sand to puff cartoonishly into the air with his impact. Coming to a sliding halt behind the kneeling Kunoichi like a living wall.

A small fire burst into life in front of the kneeling woman as a spiderweb of seals momentarily crisscrossed the sand beneath her. A finely woven prayer mat appeared under her, it's identical positioned opposite beside the unnaturally flickering flames of the fire. A small table had also appeared beside her, an already steaming teapot and three cups placed perfectly on its well polished hardwood surface.

Kiko let a smile cross her face as she looked into the distance towards the bright soul now approaching the strange pair, she knew her fire would shine out to the bright soul through the dark desert night and guide them to her like a moth to a beacon. What would happen then... Kiko would leave it in the hands of the gods...

A low grumble cam from Urufuebi as once more organs not intended for human speech attempted human speech.

"...Deja... ...vu..."

Last edited:

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka walked through the desert without really a destination in mind. Since it was turning sundown the temperature was nice enough for a walk. Maybe this would be the time she could have for thinking. About her next move. About how to solve her particular situation. It wouldn't be enough to simply figure out a plan. But also what she would want to do afterwards. She felt lost. As she blinked in an out of this plane she would simply look around. Just for any sign that would help her get out of this predicament.

She was about to give up. "It's not like I expected it but just a sign would be nice, as an act of faith on your pa-" Just as she was about to finish that when she saw it. A huge, behemoth of a creature flew above her. Basically passing her. Her kimono fluttering on the wind. Covering herself up from the sand the currents blew up she clinched her teeth. Well that was rude. Giving a pout she teleported, following the creature and what seemed like a humanoid silouhette across the sands. Up a dune. Upon the distance she saw them land. Clinching her teeth Asuka shook her head. Know they would have it. A piece of her mind.

What she wasn't expecting was a luxurious retreat. Tea pot already included. As she made herself forward she didn't speak a word. Simply looking at the creature and it's master. Feeling that they were strong. Knowing that it would be difficult if it came to it. But they were rude. "Kicking up sand is rude y'know." She spoke a pout on her face. "Sand is hard to clean y'know."

[Topic Entered]

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the bright soul came into focus through the settling sand both the creature and Kiko recognised her face! The Hokage! Inhaling deeply Kiko maintained her composure as she reached back to calm the subtly growling monster behind her. She spoke to the creature directly in a quiet voice, though her words would easily carry through the quiet desert night to Asuka.

"Peace Urufuebi... This is not a place of violence... Remember we are on holy ground"

The seated Kunoichi would return her attention back to Asuka, a smile spreading over her face as the heard her words. All warfare is deception...

"I am sorry for any discomfort we may have caused you Lady Asuka... Please forgive us, there was no ill intent."

The large creature grumbled from deep within his gelatinous and heavily armoured body, as if to indicate that he did not share Kiko's readiness to apologise. Kiko lifted her hand slightly, the smile leaving her face for a moment, silencing the creatures protests in an instant.

"Silence... Or leave..."

The smile half returned as her attention once more fell to her guest.

"Please Lady Asuka, take your place at the fire and know that here, now, at this holy place you are under my protection."

Kiko indicated to the position opposite her with her hand, a warm smile on her face. Lifting a teacup from the low table beside the fire Kiko slowly raised the cup to her lips and took a sip. Her eyes would remain focused on the bright soul infront of her as she either accepted the offered seat and tea, or declined, either way once the sip was taken she would lower the cup and continue to speak.

"Do you still have the token I gave you on the rooftops of Konoha? Do you know who I am?"

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she was walking forwards towards the girl. She stopped as soon as she heard her name. This girl knew her. Okay, this just got one hundred times more complicated. But... where did Asuka know her? The control she had upon this huge beast was inpecable. She was clearly quite skilled in many different areas. She could feel it. Her Chakra. She knew it. How could she forget it? It was basically the start of her downfall. "You would think that being under your protection doesn't really give me any guarantees. Considering well... the circumstance of our last meeting."

She weighed her options. No matter how much she wanted to take revenge, she knew she wouldn't be able to. At least not now. With her nodes being as they were she wouldn't last long in a fight, let alone with this particular lady. She slowly summoned her black scythed to her hand. Keeping it close. Worst case she could use it to gain distance and teleport away. Taking a deep breath she moved forward. Sitting in front of the girl. Clinching her teeth at her question. "Kinda hard to forget the face who basically started my downfall don't you think?" She said taking out the token from her sleeves and placing it on the table. Taking the cup and drinking a sip from it. "But what gave you away was your Chakra. I can teach you how to keep it hidden if you want. I still have the token. Started to think it's curse."

Last edited:

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Kunoichi gave a slight smile as Asuka spoke of their last encounter on the rooftops of Konoha, Soku's blood still fresh on her hands at the time both literally and metaphoracly. She has spilt Konohan blood on Konohan soil.

"You were never my target Lady Asuka... and my protection means more than you know."

The former Hokage offered to share with her a technique for hiding ones chakra signature, it would be a useful skill, perhaps later Kiko would bring it up again, if Asuka was still willing after all Kiko had to say to her that is. She also mentioned she still had the token, infact she had it with her currently, placing it on the small table as she voiced her suspicion that it may be cursed. Kiko smiled again, this time at the notion.

"I had no need to hide my light... and if you are cursed Lady Asuka, it is not of my doing."

Sipping her tea for a moment the Kunoichi let her gaze linger on the former Hokage, her chakra signature seemed messed up, she could sense the turmoil within Asuka's soul. Before Kiko would continue talking she would place her teacup down on the table. She would give a small nod as if something had just been agreed upon in her own head and then Kunoichi began to speak.

"Your downfall was planned long before I got involved... Akkuma... Takeshi... Nobu... You were being played from all sides.

Akkuma, the great sage of the sands, hired the services of the Myakashi to destabilize Konohagakure and Kumogakure, to draw them into a conflict of his design. It was so easy to throw doubt on alliances built on a foundation of enmity, to turn allies to enemies. After my attack on Konoha... After I took your sisters heart... After I gave you my Token... I went to Kumo with the same face... When their blood soaked into the soil of their Great Shinobi Village I told them that Konoha had advanced warning of the attack and did nothing.

That was how I started Akkuma's war... And now Suna bursts with panicked faces from distant lands trying to piece together what is left of the great alliances... Just as I designed... Just as the Shinigami desired..."

Pausing for a moment Kiko would allow Asuka to absorb the information provided as it was only the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

"Upon my request my father returned to Konoha on my behalf... But you had already been deposed... How quick the village you served turned its back... The Fourth met them at the gates, invited them in as honored guests... When my father told me the story I felt most sorry for you Lady Asuka for you seemed to be everyone's puppet at once... Akkuma from the shadows of a far land knew the chaos it would cause if an attack were to occur... Though I don't think even he could predict how quick the blades would turn to your back.

I think the gods brought us together for a reason...

I will be your oracle Lady Hokage... Ask plainly and I will hold no truth back from you if it is in my knowledge."

Kiko gestured subtly to the weapon laying beside Asuka.

"I know you have no reason to trust me... but know I also have no reason to lie... Konoha has turned its face from you Asuka but know your soul still shines bright... The Gods can see it just as I can see it... Do not let Konoha's betrayal snuff out your will of fire..."

Last edited:

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Never your target…” Asuka shook her head with a slight laugh. The audacity on this girl. She may not have been her target but the events she caused led directly to where she was now. ”Your actions that day made me lose everything.” She retorted, with a little venom in her voice. “Heck, it is a direct effect on your attack that day. Your protection… so far it’s done nothing but negative impact me. Sorry for being skeptical.” She tried being civil, but with her current situation and precisely who it was she couldn’t be bothered to keep up the naive, childish appearance.

Taking a sip from the tea she couldn’t deny that it was actually quite good. But her expression changed, Asuka gave a frown. What could she be planning? Was this meeting actually in her interest? Or was this a ploy to manipulate her. But then she started talking. Her head snapped at her direction as soon as the first sentence came out of her mouth. Flaring up. The name of all three men spoken in unison. “Excuse me?” She exclaimed as she listened to her speak.

No this couldn’t be right. Akkuma, she remembered him. In the meeting with Nobu in crater city. They were making some sort of alliance. She heard it before busting into the room. Did Akkuma hire her because of something in that meeting? To destabilize the region? Well… it worked. She had fallen for it. Blamed Sand. Cloud getting suspicious of Leaf based upon their knowledge. It made sense. But, something didn’t feel Right.

As Kiko stopped and let her absorb the bombshell that was what she just stated. It was all planned. Bit… now… that would mean Kairis death wasn’t an accident but it was planned by forces above her pay grade. No. Like before, something didn’t add up. Whether her eventual downfall was by design or not Kiko was right about something. Everyone turned their back on her. Everyone she knew stabbed her in the back. Didn’t care to listen. Turned Asuka into a ball of mush with very slim chances of actually returning. Of her own mind breaking apart. She lost everything.

Gods brought us together…. as if the gods would be that merciful. Asuka clenched her teeth as she finished. “The will of fire is no more than bullshit to keep everyone in line.” She clenched the cup in her hand as memories flooded in. Death, destruction, sadness, anxiety. Everything bobbling up at once. All because of the fucking will of fire. “Disregards individuality under the false pretense of the common good. Destroys families due to loyalty above all. Questioning decisions is borderline treason.” As she finished the cup cracked in her hand, liquid slowly spilling out of it. She didn’t apologize for it. With her there was never anything she had to apologize about. “Sympathy is for the weak.”

“I don’t need your pity.”
She crowned, shaking her head. “I know very well how my situation looks and you are indeed right. I certainly do not trust you. At all.” Waving a hand in dismissal she laughed. “You make it seem, or want to make it seem, as though this whole thing was done to bring me down which in reality, how you explain it, it‘s a side effect. Or rather, a sad conclusion to a story. I wasn’t deposed. I vanished and someone had to take over. Whether it would’ve been Takeshi, Soku or anyone else. Would’ve been the fucking same.” She giggled, pinching the bridge of her nose. “The whole revelation is nothing more than twisting the truth.” Of course, most of it was guess work with a tad bit of bluffing. She needed to know more. Needed to know if it was the truth. “Besides, it’s hard to trust you without any proof. So let me ask you this. What’s your proof that I was the target?”

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I did not realise you ran away... Perhaps I know nothing and have no revelations to give?"

Kiko chuckled slightly as she removed another small teacup from a chakra seal on the palm of her hand, to all appearances the cup would just appear in Kiko's pale fingers as if from empty air. She placed it on the table beside her own, indicating to Asuka that she may take the replacement if she so desired though this time she left the teacup empty as she poured her own to the brim once more before placing the teapot down, handle towards her conversation partner. She sipped slowly as her conversation partner spoke, listening intently to not only the words but the emotions behind them too. She would let her finish speaking uninterrupted, letting silence linger for a moment as Kiko thought on her response.

"You speak as if your were not Hokage? The will of fire can be used for control yes, but that is a bastardisation of what you know the will of fire to truly symbolise. With the right Hokage it can also mean to protect, to embolden, to teach... With the Hokage at the centre of the fires maelstrom... But I see now it is as I feared... the title of hokage no longer means anything, merely a puppet bound by the strings of Konoha's fall to decadence... It is a shame...

Sympathy is for the weak... You are right... But you are wrong on what it is you need... My pity for you... You need not trust me to know my words are true...

When I took your sisters heart... in that moment I knew Konoha was not ready for what is to come, I spared her in the hopes that I could rekindle a snuffed flame in the people of Konoha, a flame I hoped would burn bright enough to scorch away the decadence and commerce... Reborn as the god of war that Konohagakure so wishes to return to.

When I saw you on the rooftops lady Asuka... This great enemy that the Myakashi elders had spoken of since my childhood... Murderer... Monster... Irredeemable... An avatar of the power of this corrupted, decadent village hidden in leaves. I did not see those things at all... I took pity on you... you were a confused soldier just like the rest of them, waiting for their turn in the meat grinder of enevitability... Just a soldier...

Kiko took a sip of her tea, her eyes had been downcast and blankly staring in to the fire, her expression changing to a passive as she spoke the last words. The firelight dance brightly in the reflection of Kiko's moistening eyes, not-yet tears kept in check. The large monster behind her sensed the change, a small jellyfish like tendril reached out slowly and touched the middle of the Kunoichi's back gently. There was no exchange of chakra or mystical interaction, nevertheless the action seemed to snap Kiko out of her momentary reverie. Her eyes looked up from the fire and into Asuka's.

"I left you with my token that night... My favour... In the hopes that you would defeat pride and ask for my help... I will fulfill that token now. Seek out the Sage in the desert... Seek out Akkuma... He is not the monster you believe him to be... He does not desire your destruction... I think he will be honest with you as he was with me, he has said as much."

A slight smile returned to Kiko's pale face as she thought of her friend Akkuma, if he knew she was having this conversation right now and with who she was having it with he would laugh. Migoya on the other hand... Not so much...

"But a word of caution, just as we Myakashi have 'Kill on sight' in your BINGO books, my clan too will not hesitate to take your head... If you come across my family... I suggest you run..."

Kiko took a sip of her tea in an attempt to hide her widening grin as she imagined her uncle Migoya if he knew. He would kill a village to be where she was right now.

"You misunderstood my protection, fallen Hokage... We are both murderers... I'm protecting you from me..."

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Never said I ran away." Asuka chuckled, as she looked over at Kiko. Her mastery of seals and chakra mad her skills known even more. That was more evidence that she was indeed the one that had created a vacuum in her life. Or rather... Asuka's life. In reality she had no ill feelings towards her. In the end, she was able to get her out of the situation she was in. But it was funny for Kiko to speak of ignorance when she had more information that she led on. That also meant she was resourceful. "You don't know anything.... sure." Asuka laughed, shaking her head as if it was outrageous to think she would not know.

Although her next words tinkled something in her. She did agree that the title of Hokage no longer held any merit. It was just that. A title. A title made to make people believe in something more. Into believing the lie that the one who held the title was anything special. In reality, he or she wasn't any different. They both were people that made enough stubborn enough to never recognize them. She made it seem as if the Hokage's fall was because of the village's descent into obscurity. When in reality it was the opposite. Bad management could tumble century old empires in half a decade. But she wasn't going to say that.

Asuka glanced at her companion. God, how she hated the stoic cryptic types. Always making things difficult to understand as a sign of intelligence. It was more idiotic than anything else. "I do not trust you." She gladly repeated. "Why in the nine hells would I need your pity?"

Asuka gave a chuckle. Her sister. A stranger at most. Her "superior" at fucking worst. Maybe it would've been better if Kiko had actually killed her. Would've saved her a lot of drama. Spared her.... taking someone's heart isn't exactly sparing them more than giving them the chance of a miracle. Again, this prophet thinking his words or actions are divine when in reality all they are is a retired crazy monk. "You did." She said staring at her cup. "Just at the wrong person." Shaking her head she gave a sigh.

Her next words hit her like a brick. She remembered this. The fear she felt. How she knew she wasn't ready for it. The hesitation. Asuka couldn't deny this one thing. She was right. She was a confused soldier dropped in the middle of a position she wasn't ready for. To fight for those she cared little about. To due for those she didn't know. "I would've rather you saved that pity and chopped my head off." She chuckled "I've murdered, some actually call me a monster. An irredeemable walking nuclear disaster waiting to happen. You really aren't saying these very new pieces of information. It's like hearing a religious man preach about some extra meaning on life. Well, sorry to break it to you. It's not that complicated."

Then she heard it. Heard the name. The name that had been haunting her since the beginning. The name she had heard all the way back when she initially heard about this idea. The name that she couldn't stop hearing. Akkuma> The Sage Akkuma. Oh, but she wanted her to find him. Oh that was funny. Honesty between thieves was as gold is to rocks. Worthless. She learned not to trust others, especially those with a history of breaking bonds with people. Villages in this case. "Oh no no no." She said with a slight smile. She couldn't deny that she was interested on the proposition. She was lost and needed guidance. Or at least someone to point her in the right direction. But she wouldn't do it on her terms. "You left that token if I needed something. You just gave me information. So let me request your help. Take me to Akkuma then. Show me where this oh so mighty sage has his evil lair and I'll ask him myself." She said, her scythe slowly vanishing as a sign of good faith.

"In your case. I hope you have a sacred burial place for your family if it comes tot that. I didnt get to be my age by being weak."

She didn't want to answer her last words. Because she was right. Most of her talk was bluffing. But she couldn't show weakness. She simply gave a grin as if finding the idea that she needed protection funny.

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She would listen to Asuka's responses which were still driven by passion and fury, though both emotions kept in check for the most part by the former Hokage. Kiko could sense her frustration through it all, even when Asuka did not intend to show it. She had not responded as expected when Kiko had referred to her sister though, the bitterness evident as Asuka said it would have been better if Kiko had finished the job. The stubbornness of a Hokage was like a mountain, but not insurmountable so it would seem. She finally asked for help...

Taking a sip of her tea Kiko thought for a moment as she let the taste linger on her tongue before swallowing. An ironic smile as she thought about Asuka's choice of words, show her Akkuma's 'evil lair'.

"I will take you to Akkuma.... But first, if you would listen I would like to tell you a story.

When I was a little girl... Probably about twenty years ago now... The leader of my Clan was a Chief Medical Ninja of Konoha, his name was Myakashi Migoya. My grandfather and uncle were also Shinobi of the village, I later learned they were of the ANBU Corps... and my other grandfather a Special Jonin, all proudly flying the colours of the Village Hidden in leaves. Now Migoya could see the direction the village was taking with the escalating war against Snow. fearing for its future Migoya went to the Hokage Takeshi to warm him of the gaps and failings that he had identified in both Konoha's defences and training programs. Before he got to voice these concerns though, Migoya was rebuked by the Hokage Takeshi for daring to speak to him directly, telling him to learn his place and reenforcing that that place was certainly beneath speaking directly to the Hokage...

The interaction had not broken Migoya's will though, for he still believed in the overall righteousness of konoha and it's will of fire, he still believed that he could influence the direction of the village for the better even if he could not influence the Hokage directly. What followed was chaos, a group of young Shinobi not of the Myakashi Clan reached out to Migoya personally for protection, unbeknownst to him these young Shinobi and students had been engaging in anti Konoha rhetoric of some form, a pirate radio station from my understanding though I was too young to know the details so I may be wrong.

When Migoya told my father of the Hokage's disrespect may father allowed his emotions to overcome him, he took it upon himself to challenge one of the Sennin to individual combat in his own Dojo to show the Hokage that the clan was strong enough to at least be heard...

I was too you to know the details of why everyone was so upset at the time, all I remember was the fear. Fear in my mother's eyes as Migoya told her of the escalation at the dojo, my father unconcious after being attacked from the sidelines during his duel with the Sennin. Fear that there may be further reprisal from the Hokage and his subordinates... But even after all that, Myakashi Migoya... The leader of my Clan... He still had loyalty to Konohagakure, talking even still of his hope to mould that next generation of rebellious youths into Shinobi worthy of carrying the will of fire. After all, with a guiding hand of another he and my grandfather had been pulled from the underbelly of Konoha, why could he not do the same for another?

Turns out he had failed before his first hurdle though, for whilst he was dealing with the conflict caused by my father in one Sennin's Dojo, the children that had asked his protection were executed by another Sennin not to far away, a child's pirate radio station considered a crime punishable by an unceremonious inhumation with no trial... Your actions that day, in the name of Konoha, they were Migoya's metaphorical final straw, I remember his rage, he wanted to slit the throat of everyone around you, burn your village to the ground. I was too young to know if you deserved his wrath or not but what I do know is it took three generations to calm his raging spirit to some semblance of logic and reason. My father, grand father and uncle all cautioned that if Migoya moved against Konoha it would only bring bloodshed, and the partners and children would suffer for their wrath. Though he saw the wisdom in their words Migoya refused to have the Myakashi Clan bow to the banner hidden in Leaves any longer.

At first an impasse was formed and then a compromise reached... If it could be arranged safely, Migoya was to orchestrate the Myakashi departure from Konoha without conflict, have their names removed from the Shinobi register and take their families elsewhere without protest. I think you may agree that Takeshi made a wise decision when he agreed to let them leave with no bloodshed... After all I am only a single Kunoichi of my clan and look what I have done to Konoha... imagine the ruin a coordinated operation would bring down on your village! But you know Takeshi is not the man to let another have the last word, for as we left the village he added each of our names to the BINGO book.

I was eight years old when I became a Missing Ninja of Konoha... Not yet graduated the academy... Too young to hold my father's sword off the ground... Old enough for a Kill on Sight order... A child of eight now a soldier in a war she did not understand..."

It felt like a long story due to the history behind it, but Kiko's tea had not even cooled in the time the tale took to tell. If Asuka believed one thing today, this story was the truth as an eight year old Kiko recalled it. The Kunoichi gave the former Hokage a grim smile as she sipped her lukewarm tea, the path that Konoha and the Myakashi had placed them both on could only lead to conflict. Fate may decide when they will meet the knife but Kiko still got to decide when she would stop for tea.

"My story is an answer your jab and comes now with no idol threat. The Country of Fire is my family's burial ground... When we die it is always Fire that claims us..."

The flames of the small fire turned black as Kiko's eyes formed a black Dojutsu, the pupils and iris black as phantom Tomoye familiar to the Uchiha clan swirling deep within the abyss behind the demon Kunoichi's eyes. If Asuka had seen the flames of the amatarasu before she would probably recognise those black flames again now.

"I suggested you run if you come across my family to avoid bloodshed... You tell me you will put them in the ground... Migoya... You... Stubbornness will put you both in the ground before the end of this... You fight the same war as blind fools of enemies with the same destination in mind. I think Migoya means to kill you. I think you mean to kill him too. I do not share this desire but I will warn you only once... Threaten again any member of my family other than Migoya and I will take your head and put it next to your sisters heart."

The words were said calmly, the Kunoichi placing the teacup gently down on the table as she brought her hands to her lap, an outward indication that their meeting would soon be over.

"I will help you one last time, for the sake of pity no longer given. You are already in the desert lady Asuka... this is the devils realm..."

Urufuebi, the large sea monster sensed the shift too, it's ponderous form lifting silently into the air, moving slowly away from the pair as Kiko rose to her feet, unconsciously brushing some stray sand off of her legs as an expressionless ANBU mask formed from a concealed seal near Kiko's hairline. As the mask covered her pale face the Kunoichi sent her holy chakra like a stone formed ripple across the calm pond of the desert. She was unsure how it worked but Kiko knew it would be enough. For better or worse, Akkuma would be there in a moment.

"When the Devil comes, please tell him he may use my tea set..."

Kiko would bow slightly, her mask not concealing the black Sharingan still swirling strangely deep within the void that was the now faceless demons eyes.

"Thankyou Fallen Hokage... You have listened to me... And if you understand... Then you have already done more than those before you."

Lifting gently off of the ground and soaring into the air after the rapidly retreating Kiko paused for a moment, turning mid air back to Asuka, a small chuckle accompanying her parting words.

"Or... You know... If you end up, you know, killing him now... Could you just pack up the pieces... I will collect them later."

With a final chuckle Kiko lifted away silently into the sky, following the invisible trail of her now distant monster. She knew Akkuma would not be far and no matter the outcome of this encounter between Devil and Hokage, she knew the gods were watching.

And as a wise man once said... All warfare is deception...

[Ooc: topic left, thankyou for your endless patience with me. Calling in Akkuma with a sneaky headset :)]

Last edited:

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
A divine pulse of chakra rippled out across the desert dunes that were cloaked in darkness. The vast expanse of shimmering sands illuminated by the soft glow of moonlight, seemed to stretch out endlessly towards the horizon. Departing into the blanket of darkness above them that was speckled with stars, Kiko & Urufuebi would see signs that foretold of his arrival. Out in the distance the sands shifted & writhed as if a great creature approached. Churning it's way through the sands to where the Former Hokage Lady Asuka now stood. All that lay between her & rapidly approaching mass of writhing sands was Kiko's Tea Set.

Accompanying this was an unseen sense of dread that seemed to emanate from the thing submerged within the sands. That familiar inhuman presence that seemed to herald his arrival, unnervingly caressing those engulfed by it. A powerful aura that sought to corrupt those who wished to harm the Sage. The mere act of deciding to harm him was enough to incur its wrath. In the same instant someone decided to act on aggression it sought to rip their very life force from them to sustain him. An instinctual self defense protocol that seemed to trigger on the quantum level. Impossible to deceive, when triggered it became a relentless tide of dismay against his foes.

The sands would ripple as this unseen force encircled the Lady Asuka. After a moment of churning the sands movement would simmer down until there was no sign of whatever was below her. After a brief moment the surface of the sand before Asuka & the Tea Pot would begin to swirl. Grains of sand began to converge upon one another, moulding into the beginnings of a form. Within moments the grains of sand had transformed into the form of Miroku Akkuma. That mischievious glint in his emerald eyes masked the conflict he felt within. Each passing moment carried with it the burden of choices made. For in his eyes each casualty was not simply another piece being removed from the board, but instead a life that had been extinguished for the greater good.

"Lady Asuka..." he intoned with a mixture of solemnity & a detached resolve. "How fitting the sands bring us together at this juncture. We're at a convergence of Fates where the threads of destiny unravel at my touch." With each word his gaze stayed locked upon her form, the illuminated silhouette against the tide of darkness behind her. Coupled with the whispering of the winds that carried with it the tale of her losses. Painting a fitting portrayal of the darkness that had befallen her life due to his machinations. "Your losses brought me no satisfaction...yet they were a necessary toll exacted by the tumultuous path I tread." The Sage acknowledged her presence, not with the arrogance of a conquerer reveling in victory. But as a noble demon that bore the scars & weight of his own choices.

His flesh was a canvas that told his story, the various scars that littered his body. Various runic seals, both those that had been fulfilled long ago & those that were still very much active covered his body. Lastly where the various signs of his own experimentation. Much of this however was covered by the black billowing robe that whipped around his form in the desert wind. He stood there an enigmatic figure, a reflection of the complexity felt from his half-demon existence. Longevity had granted him a perspective that often transcended the ephemeral nature of mortal lives. "Every life lost in the dance of shadows weighs heavily upon me, even those whose demise I've orchestrated directly." He admitted to her, the wind carrying his words like a solemn confession.

"Unfortunately the shinobi way demands sacrifices & I am but a Harbinger of the storm that seeks to preserve it." He stood before her with the aura of a monster, yet with some semblance of nobility. Akkuma hoped to convey a truth that he knew Lady Asuka might never fully grasp. The goals that guided his actions were veiled in the shadows of his experiences. In his relentless pursuit to ensure the survival of the shinobi way, even at the cost of his own humanity. This path was one he had always walked, the burden of which often weighed upon him. Yet even after all this time he remained committed to that goal, even with the weight of the choices he had been forced to make. There had been moments where he had wavered, but even in those times he had not strayed from what he believed to be his purpose.

In this desolate meeting ground that was the desert, the clash of divergent worlds had unfolded. Between them remained Kiko's tea set, a symbol of fragile civility. Awaiting the discourse that would shape the destiny of both shinobi. "Now that the sands of time have run their course, do you find yourself reflecting on the choices that led you to this desolate moment?" The wind carried the weight of his question, a quiet inquiry veiled in darkness. Regret haunted even the Sage, he wondered if Lady Asuka was burdened by such sentiments.

In the distance above them, sat the moon like a distant observer taking in the scene beneath it. While Akkuma the Immortal Trickster awaited her response with the dancing light of the small flame before them. How would the former Hokage react to the arrival of the individual who had created all the turmoil in her life? Then again perhaps she didn't truly know what he had done? After all he had given no details & all she had to go on was the word of Kiko.

OOC: Topic Entered, Summoned via Squadron
[Sorry on the delay ninja.]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka listened to Kiko. Unfortunately, Asuka knew full well of the story that she spoke about and she was pretty sure Kiko knew about her role in it as well. She was just giving her the added context of those in her family. Remembering that time was painful, not because of her actions. But of the actions of someone who was easily manipulated, to blindly follow orders without question. Asuka. The one who was now no less than a vegetable. She felt responsible. She was responsible.

She looked away in shame as Kiko continued. The Sennin that was attacked at the dojo. Kenshin. Her predecessor. “Head Jounin.” She corrected with a sigh. There was no point in lying. In excuses. In trying to change the past to what it actually was. “I was head Jounin at the time. Your uncle should’ve killed me back then.“ She admitted, no longer wanting to create any sort of front. She was right, although Migoyas actions would’ve brought hundreds of innocents to their deaths the basic ideology wasn’t wrong. Takeshi was wrong. Asuka was in the wrong. It was probably one of the few things she regretted. Or rather, one of the examples of the bad idea that was leaving Asuka by her lonesome.

She didn’t know Kiko had been punished for the actions of her uncle. A child branded a missing for doing nothing. That indeed was Going overboard. But now Kiko was also at fault. Her actions wouldn’t be forgiven. She would remain a missing until the end of her days based upon the actions of a child. Of her. Maybe she could’ve stopped it, changed It.

“It’s funny how you talk about ‘threatening others’ when you basically left my sister on deaths door. It’s even funnier how you preach about understanding one another when you haven’t listened to what I’ve been saying.” Just like Her. She could identify with Kiko. She was thrown in a situation and forced to grow up with people that had grudges and agendas. This has been the only life she has ever known. “You keep talking about me your uncle and Migoya as if we hate each other. As if the only thing I want is to rip him to pieces in this endless cycle of bloodshed. You fail to realize that I only commented on your families demise cause you commented on mine.”

The girl shook her head with a sigh and a slight smile. “I agree that the label placed on you was something no child should’ve experienced. A Complete lack of empathy and a dumb judgment call. But, you are not blameless. Migoya, your uncle, me… we’ve done things that are considered evil by others. You aren’t blameless either. Which means we’re all ending I realize you’re just a child.

“A child who doesn’t know anything more than violence and bloodshed. You call it a war of fools, blind fools of enemies yet you assume I think of Migoya as an enemy. I could care less about him. About your uncle. About your whole clan. I killed children over a radio tower.

You assume I want them dead. Yet I don’t want to fight them. If Migoya wants me dead then he can line up against all the other fuckers that have said the same exact empty promise and never pulled through. Heck, at this point I would welcome an end to this whole thing.”

”You’re wrong about me Kiko. Wrong about a lot of stuff. I suggest you learn to hold judgment over others and to grow the fuck up.“

She shook her head. “No need for thanks. I hope next time you actually decide to listen to me.”

Then after a few moments, Kiko vanished into the sky. Saying that the demon of the desert would appear before her. She gave a sigh. It was always the same with everyone. Blaming one another for past events. Holding grudges, thinking they hold the morale high ground. It’s all bullshit. All just an excuse to make sense of a world that doesn’t make any sense.

It didn’t take long when she felt it. The energy itself around the sand changed. As if the dunes themselves were making way for the demon. Asuka clenched her teeth as she took another sip from her tea. She knew this was just a play on his game. Intimidation. She knew the type, unfortunately she can’t claim to be immune of it. Especially of the man who ordered the immediate change in her life.

The hair on the back of her neck stood up. Her eternal mangekyou sharingan flared to life instinctively. As if her body was screaming danger. Then he appeared. The masked individual. It apparently was true. The sand was indeed his domain. Asuka immediately summoned her weapon. The sharap scythe just waiting for the opportunity to reap another soul.

Even back then. Akkuma had a problem of self entitlement. Talking about human deaths as if they were a simple means to an end. Unfortunate casualties. “Thanks to you I’m no longer lady fifth. Just Asuka. Prefer it that way.“ She sighed as she took another sip from her tea. “Fates… you’re just as cryptic as always Akkuma.” And there it was. Patronizing her. The leaf citizens he had sent to kill. How many deaths was this man responsible for. How many families had this man ruined. “The path you tread…. It’s nothing more than bloodshed and misery that only creates hatred and destruction. Those Shinobi didn’t deserve to die. It meant nothing.”

He looked old. As if his own experimentations were nothing more than a selfish desire. But she knew he was dangerous. dangerous enough that she could not know if she would win if they fought. “You say it weighs heavenly on you yet you only see them as a means to an end. Individuality lost. Just names on a monument.“ Asuka was a bit enraged at his comments. Excusing genocide as a way for a better world. He was just like everyone else. “The Shinobi way requires understanding. Sacrifices is what those say to excuse massacres.”

Although His last words did made her look away.He was right on that. She didn’t lead a good life.She regretted more than she had accomplished. Her path followed by blood and blade. Her hands stained with the blood of some that deserved it and some that did not. “More like my choices have come to bite me in the ass. What exactly is your point? I’m way too old to beat around the bush.”

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Immediately upon his arrival Lady Asuka had stood defiant with scythe in hand & Eternal Mangekyou blazing in her gaze. Understandable given what he had inflicted up her, the disarray he had thrown her life into. This was but a morsel of the pain he could have inflicted, she had lost but a few of her kin & some comrades. Her station, the respect of her people & the land she had called home. For how could you truly feel like you belong where such memories haunt you? No, she would need to grow through the past. But to do that she would have to acknowledge her actions, yet he wondered if she could do that. Asuka had already suffered such pain & yet he knew how for many the comfort of ignorance was more reassuring than the pain of accepting the truth.

He wondered if she truly did prefer it. After all he knew others preferred the less burdensome position of rank. Often such decisions in these positions had the potential to way heavily on ones soul or affect countless lives. It was a fact he knew all too well. He resisted the urge to quip back when she blamed him for her removal from Hokage. Instead his only reaction was to flash that shark-like grin as he removed the mask covering his face. After all she had already seen his face & knew who he was. He'd prefer she be able to read him properly he decided as the mask crumbled into ash. She commented on the cryptic nature of his words & a devilish chuckle escaped his lips. Admittedly his recent time with his co-conspirators may have reignited his penchant for the theatrical.

Ah there it was again, that he had sent to die. Refusal yet again to acknowledge how her actions had forced his hand. She spoke of the cycle of hatred, yet she knew nothing. Without his intervention they had been on the verge of a greater loss of life. He'd witnessed Nations rise & fall throughout the years of man. Throughout the cycles of his life their short life times & even shorter memories ensured the continued perpetration of the same cycles. With each word he could feel Asuka not only judging him but weighing up whether or not she could take him. How you might? Because that Dark Sage aura, the instinctual defense that automatically activated when someone committed to hostile intent. He could feel it prickling, as if it were unsure of how the kunoichi before him would react.

Then again, that was easier to understand. She had so very little to lose now. Even if the odds weren't in her favor, what was stopping her from trying? Understanding? Those emerald eyes of his watched her as he continued to remain quiet listening to her, taking in what she had said in response to his words. How little she had seemed to have learned from the situation, from the situation she was in right now. "Pathetic." After a moments pause the singular word would no doubt be angering & jarring. "The shinobi way requires understanding. Empty words, that's all that is. Every aspect of life requires understanding or you run around like a fool. Shinobi are tools, we exist as weapons of warfare. Above all things a shinobi endures, they carry the burdens of their duty. Don't you dare dishonor those shinobi by acting as if their lives were sacrificed for nothing. I weigh the decisions that take the life of shinobi with more care then you demonstrated in your career as Hokage." with each word his disdain for her opinion & inability to see the greater picture was clearly starting to hit a nerve with the Sage. Or perhaps it was the insolence, it was so often exhibited by the village dwellers & he had grown tired of suffering it.

Around them the vast sea of sand thrummed & crashed as he spoke. As if it were an ocean churning in a storm, it seemed the desert truly was his domain. "Too old...I've witnessed the rise & fall of Nations. Seen the end of more bloodlines then I can count. Don't speak to me of age child." there was an authority to his voice, one that came with a timeless experience of countless lifetimes. As if to ensure there was no doubt in her mind about his power he raised a singular hand & immediately the sands calmed. Flashing that shark-like grin once more he would run his fingers through that snow colored hair of his. "I shall be more direct if that is what you desire." There was a burning passion in his eyes, for on this subject he had thought long & hard.

"How many Konoha shinobi would have died if Sunagakure found out Nobu was intending to set up a branch of his network here? How many would have perished if he had done so in Kumogakure. Why would Konohagakurians have died? Because you sanctioned his actions my dear Asuka." he paused letting the question hang in the air, for he knew the answer. Countless more, Miro knew only of their failure to warn them of the impending attack & she wished to see their village laid to ash. If she were informed that the Hokage had sanctioned a Missing-Nin proxy who intended to establish information networks within all the nations to benefit himself & Konoha? Where that village stood would be nothing but a barren wasteland & salted earth as a message to any who would threaten the Sovereignty of the Golden Masked Uchiha. Akkuma himself knew he would no doubt feel that wrath, but that was neither here nor now.

"Your actions endangered the stability of the Nations Asuka." Yet even as he said it, he could not entirely blame her. After all he had committed atrocities in Seika's name when Sunagakure had been attacked. How could he fault her for being unable to deny her heart? She was after all, only human. "You can let this pain eat you from the inside out, break you or forge you into something greater." There was no judgement in his tone, no warmth. For it would need to be her choice to move through the pain she had suffered. "You speak of the cycle of hatred, yet from what I understand. You seem intent on repeating the same cycles that result in the death of your comrades? Can you see the signs of the cycles? Or can you only see it when the devastation lays before you & the blood stains your hands?" There was no animosity from the Sage as he spoke, in fact he had moved to take a seat opposite Asuka & poured himself a glass of Tea.

In his experience ones perception often shaped their reality. In his time on this earth he had met so few individuals that possessed the ability to alter their perspective. Mortals were so bound to their ways, stubborn to the end of their days. But he had been surprised, perhaps he would be surprised again today.

MFT
(Thanks for you patience ninja, truly appreciate it!)

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka listened to him speak. About his own view on the Shinobi. Telling her that she was wrong. Not to disrespect people's sacrifice. Calling her pathetic. Well, that was a good start to a totally delightful conversation. Especially because it was from someone who was supposed to be the sage of the desert. Yeah, she had heard about the stories even before meeting him. But then he started talking. Going on and on about his wisdom, Asuka's actions, sacrifice, the cycle of hatred. All things she's heard before. All things she's seen before. All thing's she's talked about before.

And it was annoying.

The same thing again. and again. Like listening to a broken record go on and on. It was tiring. But then he started about endangering the stability of nations. As if. If anything his actions endangered the stability of relations between Konohagakure and Sunagakure. His actions were what caused the demise of Asuka's reputation. His actions were what caused- she clinched her teeth as he continued. She couldn't deny that his control over the dunes was impressive and intimidating. She could almost see the chakra infused in every grain. She clinched her scythe harder. Making sure not to lose it if a fight ensued.

Repeating the same cycle.... there it was again. People assuming the worst. Soku did it, Takeshi did it, Kiko did it.... and now Akkuma did as well. She was tired of it all. Her face relaxed, as if someone else had taken over. Her hand went into her sleeve and took out a pack of smokes. Tapping it on the table. "You know what. Fuck this." She said as she placed a cigarette in her mouth. The scythe disappearing in a flash of light. She snapped her fingers and a small flame appeared on her finger. Lighting it. She took a long puff. Giving a long exhale as she shook her head. "I am really sick and tired of you people. All of you are exactly the same." She took another puff. Exhaling and giving a sip of her tea. "Let me break it out to you. In your... untimely wisdom of watching nations rise and fall." She mocked giggling. "Do you know the names of those you sent to kill? You say it weighs in your mind yet I haven't heard you saying sorry to their graves. Going over their and apologizing to there families, their children, their husband and wives. You said that "everything weighs upon you" but it sounds to me like it's more of an excuse to help you sleep at night." Asuka shook her head in disappointment. "Their sacrifice was meaningless. They died for nothing. Nothing changed and nothing will change." She laughed, taking in another puff of smoke. "You could say that it was you who caused instability. Because of your actions the emotional idiot broke a pact with Sand that I'M here to fix and you're here telling me not to disrespect them? You? Mr. I'd rather send people to their death than have a conversation. Fucking hypocrite."

"Yeah, the deal with Nobu might've been dumb. But hey, at least Asuka tried to give someone another chance. See Shinobi as more than just tools of war. As people. People that make mistakes. People that change. Give those that have been shunned and treated unfairly an extended hand with a second chance

You know. She had a real change of perspective after the incident in the radio tower. Got tired of all the big shots throwing people to the gutter. Sending kill on sight orders for decade long grudges. Creating people like Kiko.... those who only know misery and death. Who thinks there's some sort of impending battle to the death cause Migoya has a grudge.

Asuka tried changing that. She was willing to marry a missing simply to avoid more fighting. Show that people deserve a chance. Yeah, maybe Sumo wouldn't have liked that. But a conversation could've been had. Deals stricken and if Nobu continued with his shenanigans then you have two villages working together. Optimistic? Yes. Better than the alternative.

Yet if you were so worried why didn't you say anything. Instead you sent an assassin that almost killed her sister but also started her downfall. Is a conversation really that difficult? And do not give me the usual bullshit of "Oh no... I'm a missing... poor me.". Asuka would've talked to you. Would've listened. But violence is the answer." She laughed, shaking her head. "And with that perspective. The perspective on wanting to work with everyone what did she get for it? She lost everything. Got stabbed in the back and lost everything. Based upon your decisions mind you."

She sighed. taking another puff from her smoke. "The villages wouldn't move against one another without conversation first. So yes. The deaths of those Shinobi were meaningless. Children missing their mothers and fathers. Fathers and mothers missing their children. Why? Because the great Sage of Sand would rather kill than talk. And you call me pathetic."

She gave another laugh. "You speak of the cycle as if you want to break it. Your actions are the cycle. With all your years of wisdom.... you are blind as a bat. Asuka lost her reputation, her comrades turned their back on her. She lost her family...." She sighed. Taking another poof of smoke. "She's as gone as anyone can be so all of you are looking in the wrong fucking direction."

Asuka gave a sad chuckle as you took another puff. "So, I'm fixing this last fuckup by her and I'm out. Asuka was the only reason for me here so without her y'all can go continue killing each other for eternity. I never gave a fuck anyway."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back