Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[News Team] This just in!

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
TL;DR version below.
Reading the newspaper in a calm Sunday morning, and you stumble on a news about how a Shinobi was killed out in the middle of streets in Konohagakure. And right below is an article about the latest spring fashion of Kumogakure! Both could be relevant for your character, but what's this? Next page has an article with an interview with a recent Kage that was recently promoted in another village!
Your character now knows this. And you can use that information in threads with your fellow players. This information is site-wide and can be discussed, and might bring forth new levels to interactions across the site!

What is all this I am referring to? News.
A recently discussed and implemented feature I hope to have to bring forth new and exciting ways to help the community and players.
If you require further insight into what this whole thing is you can read the discussion HERE

How does it work? Reports!
If you check at the bottom left of every post, to the right of poster profile. You'll see a cute little button that reads "Report"
This is a feature where you notify all those with report access, to the presence of the post, and you can summarize what the "problem" is with the post.

This button has not been something anyone on the site uses at all for its intended purpose.
So, a great way I found to utilize it is to have a team that's able to see these reports and create news articles based on them!

Who's writing these Articles?
Currently the team consists of the following:
Ryuu Rei/Tama
Asuka
And myself.

Can you join this team?
Currently I feel we'll try to keep it just 3 members for now.
If the workload becomes bigger we may headhunt/ask around.
This team might get a regular application process, for now it doesn't have one.

So what's this all about and what do I need to know? / TL;DR
See a great story?
Did your character experience something huge?
See an impactful moment that a lot of people should know?
See an amazing thread that brings something amazing to the community?

Click "REPORT"
Start with writing "NEWS" (or similar)
Write a summary of what's happened.
Maybe write your preferred represention in the news.

Wait a month or two.
See the news written up for all to see!​

Note: Reporting a post for news doesn't guarantee it becoming an article, but we will do our best to include everything we can as quickly as we can.
The news updates are posted Bi-Monthly, if a report is too close for the report to be finish writing it might be included in the following post.
We may REDACT certain information if a Councillor or Kage directs the news team to do so.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back