Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ninjutsu 101, Or something like that [Tutor]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Being cooped in a tight city for very long always drained Tatsuo, so it was becoming increasingly common for him to take adventures out into the country side. While he preferred nature to farmland, it still was better than the bustling City of Kurosawa.

Taking in a deep breath Tatsuo put his arms behind his head and made his way down a path. Every time he came out he tended to walk down a different one and sight see. It was common for him to run into other shinobi due to the tournament going on, occasionally he'd even stop to help them. Today he stumbled upon Soku training what seemed to be Ninjutsu for a little while. She seemed to be struggling with something, so he decided to step in and give her a few pointers.

"How's it going?" Tatsuo asked a smile reaching from ear to ear. "You working on something? I might be able to help." He hadn't exactly figured out what she was doing, but he was pretty sure he could figure it out with a little bit of practice. "I'm a Ninja too." bringing his hand up to adjust his Konoha headband a bit. He forwent the typical Jonin gear today and instead of a flak, he wore some black ninja pants and a t-shirt with "Konoha Blaze" A local sports team on it.

WC: 228/1500
PC: 1/5

[Inviting, Soku. For tutor threads we have to have 5 posts and a word count of 1500. Keep that in mind when posting, so you can get double rewards this week ( : ]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The kunoichi jumped a bit startled by Tatsuo's appearance. She was indeed in need of dire assistance and whom better than a jounin. She could not get the hang of this complicated lightning style jutsu and was on the verge of giving up. Panting and sweating all over, she swept her stray locks of hair to the side and replied to the shinobi."Well, you're not wrong. I've been at this for a while but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here." She was on the verge of giving up but maybe this man could teach her a thing or two. She glanced at his Konoha Blaze shirt which she recognized as a local team. For a shinobi, he's pretty laid back. All she wanted right now was some pointers and he was her key to that.

Usually, she didn't commonly train whilst traveling but took advantage of it today and here she was struggling with a simple jutsu. Some shinobi she had become, this was far below of what was expected of a ANBU recruit."You look like you know what you're doing, have a minute to help a poor soul in need?" He didn't seem like the type who would deny someone like her, with his smiling face and team shirt. She gave him a tired smile as she brushed the dirt off her mud caked hands.

WC: 231/ 1500
PC: 1/5

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Lightning style? I can't say I know it, but I'm pretty good at ninjutsu in general." Crossing his arms he brought one hand up to rub his chin as he thought what the issue might be. "Mind showing me the attack? Could be a few things, your hand seals could be off, maybe it's your chakra control. Who knows." There was so much that could go wrong when one was trying to perform a ninjutsu, a lot of it wasn't obvious at first sight. With Taijutsu you could just see if their form was off, but Ninjutsu rarely had the same obvious mistakes. Unless you knew what you were looking for.

The only experience Tatuso had around lightning style was Hoshi's use of it, so training alongside him for a few years taught him a thing or two. Even if he was incapable of the element himself. None of his students used Lightning Ninjutsu either, but that would not discourage him from helping her. Who knows maybe he'd learn a thing or two even. Smiling once again, "Don't worry I won't make fun of you if you do it wrong. I've been helping a lot of young shinobi lately." he took a squat and readied himself to watch her carefully. His hands mostly focused on the hand seals she would create, but keeping tabs on any other mistakes he might notice.

WC: 459/1500
PC: 2/5

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Let's hope I don't accidentally hurt the guy Although that was a laughable thought, he was a jounin after all. Soku nodded in response and began weaving signs which resulted in a crackling noise as lightning coursed through her clenched fist. "Here goes...." The kunoichi thrust her fist forward aiming for Tatsuo's chest when midway , the lightning chakra faltered and vanished resulting in very minimal effect.Same result as before. "It failed this time too.." Soku massaged her hand, that jutsu took quite a toll on the body and she'd been doing it repeatedly which added to her fatugue. Still though, she wasn't going to let that get in the way of her training, and neither would Tatsuo. Soku was sure he was evaluating her skills with his trained eyes which all teachers possess.
One more time, just once more. She exhaled slowly and attempted it again but the chakra briefly flickered for a moment then faded into nothingness.

"Well, I don't think I even gave you a scratch." Soku said miserably as she kicked the dirt at her feet frustrated. Maybe she just wasn't cut out for the ANBU, but she hadn't come this far by moping around There had to be a way and it was standing in front of her wearing a Blaze shirt.

WC: 425/ 1500
PC: 2/5

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was ready for her to use the ninjutsu but he did not expect her to use him as a target. He had little time to react, but luckily the lightning chakra surrounding her arm dissipated before it him. Ending up with a soft punch into his chest. "Eh.. I didn't mean using me as a target." he said laughing as he rubbed his chest going to stand. "Here.." without forming a hand seal he placed a hand on her shoulder, almost immediately she would feel a healing sensation flush through her body. While the pain in her hands might not go away completely, it definitely was dulled enough where she could continue training.

"Here now that you're not in pain, I think I figured out the issue. It's just a simple chakra control problem, your hand seals are on point and your form is fine." When she said about giving him a scratch, he shrugged his shoulders. "Don't worry i'm pretty tough ya' know? Can't fall over every little punch that hits me." Moving from his squatting position, he let him self down into the grass. Crossing his legs and placing his hands on his knees. "Do you know where you chakra is located? Can you feel it." Controlling chakra was one of the more difficult concepts of ninjutsu, plenty of shinobi wanted to do flashy moves before they could learn to just sustain their abilities in the first place.

"While it's great and all to do lightning bolts and fireballs, without having a good understanding of how to mold your chakra in the first place, you'll never get anywhere with them. Once you realize how to not only access the chakra inside you, but mend it to your will, you can do a whole lot more." He said with a firm nod. "I find the best way to do it, is to meditate a little bit. Gather up all that energy in your core, let if flow through your veins and really feel it. Sort of like this.." Bringing his hands together in a closed fist, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He did not utilize the natural energy he was capable of using, but focused only on his own chakra. Almost immediately she could feel the change in the air, almost like an aura of pressure. Enough to make the hairs on her neck stand up, but not enough to do anything more.

"You feel that? You might not be capable of the same thing, yet at least, but eventually you may reach that level of mastery over your own chakra. Once you do, techniques like that aren't all that difficult to learn. It's kind of like learning to run before you learn to walk. It just doesn't help." He smiled again, trying not to discourage her. "Try and focusing your chakra like I did, after you do that, we can revisit the lightning technique of yours. You're doing pretty great so far anyways."

Tatsuo himself had learned a lot in his short years of being a shinobi, he was only sixteen after all but battles, missions, and all the things shinobi must endure definitely put a few years onto him. However there was still that youthful look about him, it was obvious he was no old man but just a young man looking to help others.

WC: 1022/1500
PC: 3/5

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She breathed a sigh of relief after releasing she had not injured him with her attack, she hadn't expected that much of a close call. Tatsuo's hand touched her shoulder and she felt the strength returning to her body. How he had done that, she didn't know but Soku felt much more agile now. She observed as he demonstrated his chakra control feeling the power of this shinobi sitting before her gleaming green eyes. "Wow...just...wow." She stared on wide eyed in awe of the energy radiating from Tatsuo. He then asked her to try it and suddenly eager, Soku immediately started gathering her chakra to a central point. Breathe in...out...in..out She closed her eyes to maintain focus feeling the chakra flow within her gathering at the center . "I feel it...the flow...it's refreshing." Soku smiled and opened her eyes looking at the jounin who was nodding approvingly at her. She was just being sentimental, she could do this, she just needed to maintain her chakra flow and perhaps the time her technique would be complete with the help of Tatsuo of course.Cmon Soku...you got this.

A smile broke out on the kunoichi face as she felt the chakra roaring inside just waiting be molded into a jutsu , to strike dodown any impending obstacle."Now I feel....complete." She looked up at Tatsuo , a happy expression on her face at the fact that they were progression. She was glad to have met this man, that was sure, She nodded firmly at him indicating she was ready to move onto the next step. The breeze started picking up as she listened attentively as he explained the next step , she would not fslter, not after coming this far. Soku had a confident expression now and felt like she could take on the world. "This euphoric feeling....I'm in total control now of my chakra, all thanks
to you Sensei."
She added the Sensei title as a honorific term indicating she was grateful that he had stopped by when he could have left her to her own devices. He was contributing his own time to help her which she promised she'd find a way to repay him, somehow, some way. She pushed her brown hair out of the way and got ready to release that chakra. It was not easy controlling this much chakra at once but she was determined and ready. She imagined performing the lightning style technique and bolts of lightning roaring and ripping through their target. It was a pleasant sight but would come with practice. After , one days worth training didn't make her a expert. She'd have to contribute tears, sweat and blood to perfect it and she had already donated her fair share of sweat. "I think I'm ready to try it again.." Soku said with a deadpan face. She was going to make it work this time. The jounin noted the look of determination on her face and nodded. She had amassed the necessary chakra, was controlling it quite fluidly , all the makings of of a good ANBU. Her hair stood up on end as her chakra began riling up sensing her intent. Soku calmed her emotional state and took a breath visualizing what her jutsu would look like before releasing it. Hopefully, Tatsuo would be alright, she had already had one call , she didn't want two. The jounin was ready for it, watching her footing and hands. "Alright, here I come!"

WC: 1004/ 1500
PC: 3/5

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was glad to see her progress so quickly, however he wasn't sure why she kept trying to hit him with the jutsu. This time however, the lightning did not dissipate. She managed to control her chakra and keep the elemental energy flowing while still striking with her hand. A feat she was incapable of just moments ago. Chakra control really was something special, he wondered why more people didn't teach it first but he never really was in the position to say anything. Either way he couldn't help but have a proud smirk on his face as she struck at him. The lightning cut through the air and was about to strike into his chest. Bringing a hand up he managed to catch her wrist a bit short and twisted her a bit to take the momentum off the dive.

"Never said I was target practice!" he laughed loudly as he brought her back to the ground gently. "I would've taken it, but I just bought this shirt and i'd hate for it to get a big lightning bolt in it ya' know?" he grinned once again and after letting go of her wrist he slapped his hands together and nodded. "Seems like you got that technique down alright. You got a name for it? Half of being a shinobi is having cool names for all your techniques." He nodded a few times, all sage like.

"They don't tell you that in the academy for some reason but all the coolest ninja have even cooler names for their jutsu.. like this!" he quickly brought his hands together in a rapid succession of seals, one the girl might even fail to keep up with. "Wood Style: Great Roaring Bear!" At the end of his hand seals he clapped them together. From the earth next to them a large wooden bear rose from the earth, letting off a devastating roar that shook the ground around it. When he pulled his hands back and back to his sides, the giant bear sunk back into the earth. A goofy grin was on his face, "That's probably my favorite jutsu."

Despite the strength and intensity of the technique, Tatsuo barely seemed to even break into a sweat. Those blessed with the Senju bloodline had insurmountable levels of stamina and techniques like that truly were nothing. "One day i'm sure you can do things even better than that!"

WC: 1425/1500
PC: 4/5

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The jounin countered with a graceful maneuver twisting her wrist to disrupt the attack.Hes..fast. She stood there watching as he wove some signs of his own and a great wooden bear popped up too close for comfort. She liked bears, cute, cuddly ones , that is. "The Wood Style? You must be of Sen ju blood then." It was rare one got to witness the Wood Style much less see it in action at her age. She was one of the few who could say that. He pointed out a important point, she needed a jutsu name and she had just the thing. " How about Lightning Style: Dragonbolt?" It had a nice ring to it she thought as she considered alternatives. The kunoichi was panting and sweating but she didn't care, Soku had finally achieved it. The Dragonbolt technique was complete. If Tatsuo hadn't come along, she would still be here probably on the first step. Thank goodness for him The bear retreated into the ground and he had a full smile from ear to ear. He may a bit of a joker but he's pretty strong. She smiled in a return , a full genuine smile, something she hadn't done for a long time and couldn't help a small laugh as she thought about what she had achieved.

She glanced at the roughed up hand she had used for the jutsu now caked with mud and dirt. She didn't care, this resembled the effort she had put in to get here and it sure was no easy task, controlling her chakra had been quite a feat, something she couldn't have learnt on her own. She let her chakra settle down and return to its normal state feeling confident she could manipulate it better if ever she was to be in a life-life-threatening situation. She knew she should take a break now, after all excessive use of ninjutsu mixed with chakra was dangerous, nothing good would come of it. She had done well today, she could tell by the man's expression.

WC: 1347 /1500
PC: 4/5

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Senju? Eh?" Tatsuo shrugged his shoulders, he wasn't exactly sure about how his lineage worked. "I'm not really sure, I don't know enough of my family to know if that's true. Neither of my parents could use Wood Style, though, if that helps any." He smiled at her, he tried not to worry about it all that much. Somethings you'd probably never figure out anyways, no point in stressing over them.

"Dragonbolt.. hmm.. I like it! You gotta make it look more like a Dragon though, right now it's kind of just a .. bolt. But i'm sure with some more practice you'll be able to make it into a Dragonbolt in no time!" he nodded a few times continuing to give her some encouraging words. When she looked down to her mud-caked hands he could only help but feel proud. It was always a unique feeling help a young shinobi grow a little bit, even if Tatsuo had lots of growing to do himself.

"You're staying in the city, yeah?" He asked the girl, "You excited for any of the fights? I think some of the Leaf fighters have a real great chance of taking home a win, though my best friend is fighting so i'm rooting for him. If you see Hoshi you should cheer him on!" he chuckled a bit before bringing his hands over his head and stretching.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
More like a dragon... She'd work on that. She nodded in response to his question if she was staying. She didn't recognize the name Hoshi but if he was fighting in the tournament then she was sure he wouldn't be hard to find. Konoha had some fine shinobi participating in this. She wondered why Tatsuo didn't participate, she had seen some of his skill, he could take on some of the shinobi in there. "Why don't you participate in the tournament? You could probably land a win or two." He didn't really elaborate on his Senju background though saying neither of his parents had the Wood Style surprised her since he was very fluid and adept with it. She heard some noises in the background what sounded like a crowd and they both realized the next round of the tournament was beginning. Maybe Hoshi would be in this one. She stood up and bowed to Tatsuo as thanks for his help."Thanks for all the help. I learned a lot from you. I think I'm going to watch this round,are you coming?". She posed the question as she prepared to join the crowd entering the arena grounds.

Final WC: 1538
PC: 5/ 5

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When asked why he didn't participate he only offered a shrug, "If I'm ever going to fight in something like this, I plan on winning. I don't feel ready for it yet." he said calmly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Though with enough practice I feel like I might be able to get there some day."

"Any time, I hope you'll become a master of the Dragonbolt with time! If you ever need help again just ask around for me. I'm staying in the city at the moment at Hoteru-Hoteru Suites. Just ask for Tatsuo and they'll know who I am." he said nodding once again before looking over to the crowd. "Yeah I think i'll probably go check out some of the fights myself." After waving to Soku he said "See ya later! Hope you learned something!" before rushing off to go figure out where the rest of Team 11 is.

WC: 1811
PC: 6/5

[Topic Left unless stopped]

[Alright this is a tutor thread so you get 70 extra points this week: Be sure to link this thread to this forum: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=776&t=50090 fill it out and then copy that post into your training. With these two together you'll get a total of 175 points this week that can be placed into stats, or to purchase jutsu! Hope you had fun, I really enjoyed RPing and we should do it again sometime.]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku raised a hand in farewell and watched as he dashed off. She turned to enter the arena looking forward to the fight. She was still smiling, proud of her achievement. She would hone her Dragonbolt technique and defnitely come to Tatsuo for any help. He was a bit of a clown but nice. She thought about his Blaze shirt and couldn't help a small laugh. He really was an interesting guy.

She walked into the grounds where she observed two fighters squaring off. She settled into her seat. This was going to be a interesting match.

[Topic Left]
[Posted in request forum for tutor rewards]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back