Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ninjutsu with a Potential House Visit! [Open]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The forest was always alive. Not in the natural sort of sense but the creatures within it always had their shifts. Some only came out at night, usually the strong or the bizarre. During the day out would come the weaker, the survivors. Airi knew about the Yokai that lived within the forest, some things that were outright evil…while others more kind and just trying to live. She had even heard reports and rumors of hospital experiments that escaped. Truly bizarre beings that imagination could not even help you to grasp. This was the area that Airi often came out to now to do training. Whether it was to make sure no one was in danger, to physical training, to patrolling Airi liked to spend time in the forest. For one thing it reminded her more of where she came from, and two…it allowed her to be a bit freer than she usually was.

Today Airi was still somewhat recovering physically though she had only mild aches and pains. She was doing basic physical condition to maintain her health, but today she was going to focus on Ninjutsu. She should be working on Genjutsu but to practice she needed a target and…she just could not bring herself to do that. She started to gain a number of different jutsu under her belt but very few of them were techniques she would consider mastered. If she could not flex her physical muscles…she might as well flex her mental and spiritual ones.

Airi had with her a yellow basket for a lunch which she set down next to a nearby tree. She was wearing her traditional casual outfit, she did not feel a need to come fully quipped and should she need to equip she could always at least pull out her scroll for weapons. Now the real question was what to train. This place was the spot where she met Miki and found it empty ever since that last meeting, it was a clearing through so it offered a flat even field to do jutsu.

“I think I’ll go with…” Airi focused and placed her feet firmly on the ground. She moved through hand seals making sure to only use one hand for each…she was attempting to cast two jutsu at the same time which as she trained more and more found this to be impossible. Maybe it was just her skill level but…”Earth Element Rock Golem!” She watched as the earth began to spawn forth a Earthy dirt human about seven feet tall. As it stood before her waiting for orders she finished her other technique. “Water style Water shark Bomb!” Airi looked over at the small pool of water that would allow her to spawn a water technique of this size. Now the real question…would the rock golem win or the water shark bomb?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Airi spent the following hour repeating these two techniques over and over again. She hoped the explosions of water were not bothering anyone. She was certain it might draw attention to anyone passing by but she wanted to do this research. What she figured was that the Rock golem won about sixty-percent of the time. It was fascinating trying to maneuver two different techniques while trying to avoid with one and hone in with the other.

After an hour or so though she figured that was enough and sat down by a tree in the noon day cloudy sky. Sure not beautiful weather but this was a lovely day if you were a Cloud Shinobi. As she saw down and popped open her food she smelled it. Homemade rice, miso, some fruit. Just a lovely light lunch.

As she glanced around she knew she would need to repair some of the moved earth around to relevel it. Though it appeared one tree had collapsed in the explosion. As she looked out she thought she saw a structure. A clan…or maybe something else. If she was near clan property that would probably not be good…maybe she would go there and apologize to whomever lived there…she needed to finish lunch though first. “Maybe, I’ll check and make sure I was not bothering anyone…” Yea that might be a smarter plan than just ignoring it and keep making loud bangs. She nodded in agreement as she put more sticky rice into her small portable bowl.

[Topic Started]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Ancient forest was a place that Enatsu frequented. It was the place with the most life in the village, and the springs of the mountain were like full lakes brimming with life in the waters. He was in tune with this sort of environment, to be honest it always made him feel most at home in this village. The Ancient Forest's borders were finite, yet within these boundaries there was an abundance of life. You could feel it when you entered the domain, it was as if the energy around the forest was more wild but organic. It was difficult to explain to others but having an intimate connection with water and life such as he did allowed him a foreign perspective. As Enatsu walked, he'd observe the forests trying to get a grasp of his surroundings while he made notes of the forests' state.

It had been about a week since his first training session with a veteran martial artist named Yojimbo. His body was still aching terribly from their bout, he spent three days training with the man, and those three days were hell. During that time Yojimbo wore Enatsu down physically, after that he forced the boy to use as much chakra as he could muster. This was only day one of their training, and after hours of this exhaustion, Yojimbo threw Enatsu in the forest and told him that he would have to avoid Yojimbo for the next two days while simultaneously surviving and not keeping watch of the environment. He remembered how each time he failed to catch Yojimbo he was hit with multiple Taijutsu attacks accented with Chakra Absorption. Those attacks did double the damage to Enatsu who could barely maintain his chakra at this point. Yet he was still expected to dig deeper and summon forth more of his aura in order to sense the forest around him and keep watch of the rough instructor. Just thinking of that time brought Enatsu a deep chill down his spine.

Today while not like that day had brough a new habit out of the young boy. Enatsu let a bit of chakra loose from his body, allowing it to seep from him. It wasn't chakra being mustered for an attack or even a defensive measure, there was no need to condense it to that level. This exercise was more about letting the energy seep from your body while simultaneously feeling and sustaining it. This was a great method of training for someone like Enatsu. He had an abnormally high amount of chakra but couldn't make full use of it efficiently. For larger techniques he spent way too much time gathering and molding the large chakra, so it was always easier for him to start off with a smaller technique and force it to larger proportions with a Jutsu Expansion. All that required was pouring more energy into something you formed until it was ready to burst. In this way, this small chakra sensing exercise was a way for him polish control.

After about ten minutes of this exercise, the particles in front of him almost seemed to scatter. This was more so an exercise of feeling the chakra around you, and his had encountered something not too far from him. It wasn't before long that he heard the loud cracking boom of a crash. It was almost like you could hear waves crashing against the ground, Enatsu likened the sounds to when he performed his own jutsu. The curious blue skinned boy would continue walking, and now he had adjusted himself to the sounds. Another ten minutes had passed by with Enatsu following the increasingly loud sounds of someone using Ninjutsu. He'd come to a point where he could visibly see someone beyond the tree-lines near a body of water. They had erected a golem made from stone, the very earth around her. It seemed that she was creating a dummy out of the rock, and then utilizing other jutsu to attack it. Now before he thought he could hear the sound of waves crashing, but he had yet to see her technique. She wove hand-seals together increasing the amount of chakra she was exuding, and then she released her power. The chakra she was molding attracted the water behind her acting as a catalyst for her technique, a shark was formed from water and then crashed into the golem. Enatsu was impressed, by her Water Shark Bomb jutsu. Part of him was curious about the difference in their Water jutsu, considering that was Enatsu's main talent however the idea was fleeting. as shyness set in

The genin decided not to move just yet allowing the girl time to continue her training. He wasn't sure if it was a good idea to go out there, but he wanted to see more of what she planned to do. The mysterious kunoichi had stopped using the Water Shark Bomb, Enatsu must have came at the end of her training. She took a seat instead, while brandishing a yellow basket. Next she would take out an assortment of food; rice, soup and it seemed like some different fruits. He wasn't trying to be creepy but he was just nervous, yet as time progressed he felt more increasingly weird. On top of that, there was always the possibility that she had already picked up on his presence. Who knows if she was just waiting or uncertain, all of these thoughts were building on him. The blue boy slapped his cheeks, Come on Enatsu, you're not doing anything wrong, stop being so scared and go out there!

He'd psyche himself up a bit, before breaking free from the trees. He'd take a few steps forward before calling out to her, he didn't want to just invade her space so suddenly. "Ahh, Hello out there! I saw you practicing your jutsu, it was good..." it was good? Seriously, that's the best he could come up with. The rest of his words started to get choked up behind his wall of uncertainty. He was internally dying of embarrassment. Other kids his age probably would have proudly walked up with their chest poked out boasting of their abilities or issuing challenges. This one was far from that kind of personality. To the girl before him, he would probably appear to be a bundle of nerves judging from how he approached and the distance he greeted her, and his hushed voice that he was trying to yell out with. He decided to force one more question out before giving in, "Do you know any other ones?"

Appearance notes:
Enatsu is wearing normal cloud shinobi clothes. He has on the traditional one shoulder gray vest and is wearing his headband around his left bicep. Enatsu is wearing a holster with a wooden stick at his side like a sword. The stick is in the shape of a needle, and the size of a kendo stick. He resembles the Avatar for the most part; pale blue skin, slits on his face, and beady silver eyes.

[Topic Entered]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi was deep in thought thinking about whether or not she really wanted to go and bother whomever lived in the building. She figured it might just be rude and if she really was bothering someone they would probably come and tell her. Shinobi often were more forward and active than passive. A trait she seemed to be lacking. She was thinking about the mission with Kanagawa-san that she would be going on. She needed to be ready to really show her stuff. Kanagawa really did not know much about her and with her now lack of holy jutsu her one real connection to her was gone. She wondered if Kanagawa would not deal with her upon knowing she lost her exalted abilities. Airi needed to prove she was worthy of the time of a Jounin mentor.

As she munched on some more sticky rice she thought she heard something in the distance. Turning to look over to where she heard it she noticed…someone. It was a boy…she had a hard time guessing but he seemed young. She could also feel chakra coming off of him. Was he a Yokai…? She spent a lot of time in the forest trying to meet more demonic beings who were hopefully friendly. Her success was about fifty-fifty. This boy however did not give off the traditional malevolent feeling. His pale blue skin…she had never seen that before. He had a headband around his arm which meant he was a Kumo-shinobi. So no matter what he was he was integrating into society. Still looking that different can’t be easy…most things were ever easy for those who took up the shinobi life. He was at least a Genin which means they were similar rank or Airi was lower. She would presume he was higher until she knew for certain to be safe.

She found herself already smiling happily as she swallowed and set her food down. She got up from the floor and brushed herself off. He did not come any closer which surprised her. Was he nervous about her? She thought about what he said…he said what she did was good. Honestly…she felt like she could have done a lot better. As she looked him over he seemed capable and while he had a weapon that was not uncommon to have in the forest. She had several on her though in a scroll. As she waved towards him she called out, “I do know a few others though I would say they are my most impressive ninjutsu!” She did know a few others and to just start throwing hand seals around was scary for anyone who seemed wary.

She was trying to be inviting but maybe he was looking for confirmation to come closer. “My name is Irie Airi! You can come closer if you want to so we are not yelling!” She made her way to meet him in the middle. She placed her hands behind her back and as she got closer she tilted her head slightly. As she looked closely at him her eyes sparkled a little. “Your eye color is so pretty, they remind me of the moon on a clear night…” She seemed transfixed for a moment but then turned her head away. Silver was really pretty.

“I guess my other larger jutsu that are nin based would be some low level wood jutsu…low level fire jutsu…some decently tough lighting jutsu…OH! I know one really good shuriken technique. My Specialties though are Taijutsu and Medical Jutsu.” She listed each sort of counting on her fingers to make sure she did not miss anything. As she glanced him over he looked a little roughed up. Any medical jutsu she used would probably not help him all that much. She wondered if he himself had been training in the area. It would be silly of her not to assume so. He did seem a little tired. Hopefully he had not been attacked…though if he was he must have handled it really well.

“If you are hungry I brought food if you are interested?” She gave another deep smile and followed up with, “What sort of jutsu do you like? I know when I started I loved Piercing Tajutsu, along with water jutsu. I’ve broadened a lot but those have always held a particular liking for me.”

She figured if she could get him talking about what he liked it might ice break them more. He approached her so he must want to talk about something. Trusting a random person in the woods was traditionally a bad idea but…Airi was prone to get hurt first rather than mistrust. She knew for certain she was not going to ask why he was in the woods, unless he volunteered that. Some people had things they did not want to talk about after all.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl training in the forest stood up from her meal, and began to yell back in response to Enatsu. Two things immediately came to mind; one he just interrupted her meal, and two he had her yelling across the way making this extremely awkward. The young boy covered his face for about three seconds while she was speaking. He needed to get himself together mentally before this human interaction unfolded. The girl remarked that she knew more techniques that were even more impressive. He wondered if she had any water Ninjutsu that he hadn't seen or learned yet. It was always interesting to learn more things, at least for Enatsu it was. The girl introduced herself as Irie Airi, a pretty funny name to say five times fast. He chuckled at the idea of saying her name that many times and probably biting his tongue, and with his sharp teeth he'd probably get hurt pretty badly. She began to approach with her hands behind her back, in a way she was trying to be non-threatening but he was still a little wary since he couldn't see her hands. Wait isn't that just how those kawaii girls walk up to people in the manga? Another fleeting thought to amuse him while he also approached his hands by his sides, but his fingers patting his thighs, a sign of nervousness still. When they met, she got even closer and began staring, he was about to turn his head until she said that his eyes reminded her of the full moon on a clear night. His blue cheeks started to get a magenta-tint, blushing from the embarrassment. This was the first time he'd ever been complimented on his eyes, other kids from the clan made fun of him for them to be honest.

"Th-thank you Airi, you're very kind." He didn't know what to really say past that, so he'd wait for her to continue speaking. She started listing her other jutsu. It would seem that Airi had a little knowledge in Wood and Fire ninjutsu, a contrasting set of elemental powers. However when combined the synergy could be devestating, at least that was his first impression. She seemed to be very talented being able to utilize high level water jutsu, along with wood, fire, lightning and even knew some taijutsu and even medical ninjusu. She was a bag of tricks in Enatsu's mind, the girl was probably even more experienced than him. While she spoke he was trying to think of a response still would it be weird to compliment her back? Out of impulse he'd speak again, "Your water ninjutsu was very pretty too, I could hear its waves from afar. It was a really beautiful sound, and the shark looked well formed. I know a lot of water ninjutsu and few different advanced elements. I guess if I'm to list, I know many Non-Elemental, Water, Wind, Ice, and Blood ninjutsu. I am well versed in Unarmed Taijutsu and I just started picking up how to use a sword. Although I kind of chose a weird one."

Weapon Profile:
Name: Wooden Needle
Type: Piercing
Modifiers: +0 Accuracy / +0% Damage
Effect: +5% Called Shot Chance
Description: A wooden training spike, for people that want to train in a thrusting oriented sword style. The needle is the size of a kendo stick, but is more closer to a handheld lance. The base is thicker and the blade narrows as it extends. This way beginners can compensate for complex defensive measures that experts would use while maintaining the focus on thrusting attacks

He'd pull the wooden needle from his sheath, which was just a strap like belt. It was a plain looking thing but it was his new weapon and he'd stick to learning it. After showing Airi he'd back up a bit and sheath the weapon. He didn't want to be rude to her gracious offer to eat but he was definitely more interested in learning about her shinobi techniques. "It's kind of hard for me to choose which Ninjutsu is my favorite, I'm pretty much in love with most water ninjutsu although I don't know how many truly exist out there. I'll show you one of my favorite water ninjutsu too." Enatsu would begin to form handseals with both hands. They effortlessly weaved through the seals, this being the only high rank water ninjutsu that he relentlessly practiced. Chakra in the form of water streams would form around Enatsu, his affinity for the liquid element glaringly obvious. Tendrils of water from the lake nearby would gather, even nearby puddles from the remnants of her shark bombs would gather. He'd release this large amount of water and expand it into a dome around himself, he'd utter its name with confidence "Supreme Aqua Realm!". He wouldn't try to force the dome on Airi, but she'd be welcome to enter if she wanted. Regardless of being in or out of the realm, one could see it was abnormal from a normal use of this move. For one Enatsu's natural affinity for water (Water Ninjutsu buffs) his Supreme Aqua Realm was larger than normal and was much thicker. He was also creative with the application of the jutsu as walls of the dome had fish made from chakra swimming throughout it. He had made it seem like an aquarium almost full of chakra conjurations imitating sea creatures. You could see small fish, turtles, dolphins, and even squids. He'd stand in the center of this dome pleased with his work, and basking in the droplets of rain that splashed on the inside.

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The forest was alive.

The repetitive chirps of crickets and birds and other pests journeyed through the air accompanied by the soft sounds of trees fanning with the wind.

It was daytime and only slightly colder than what Kumori would call the perfect weather. The sky was blurry with clouds that traveled low and close to the ground and along with the tall ceiling of trees that appeared to be living with movement, it was hard to see the sun and tell the time.

It was daytime for sure, but it might as well have been night, for the darkness of incertitude clouded Kumori’s mind making him unsure of himself and his long awaited success. He was a hunter today. He was supposed to be a hunter at least. He was an ANBU in Training with a mission to capture a thief that had escaped into the forest in hopes of getting away with his deed. Aoki Kyo was his name. He was a boy, a genin, of 12 that had stolen some cheap jewelry from a street stand. The stolen jewelry by itself was not such a big deal, thought Kumori, as it was most likely fake and cheap as what was usually sold in the streets of Susukino. But aside from that, he had assaulted the merchant, and now both crimes together escalated the whole ordeal another grade in seriousness. It was just big enough of a thing that they would send Kumori to find the little rascal and bring him back for punishment. After all, the village couldn't afford having shinobi committing crimes.

And so, there he was. In the forest. In weather that just a little colder than what he liked. Sneaking around through the shrubbery, chasing faint sounds of anything that might be related to short people running around. It was certainly an undesirable situation for a 16-year-old Anbu in Training that had been living as a shut in for the past couple of years.

But things had taken a turn.

It was the sound! The sound of little people! And it was close. He lowered his white incredibly plain and boring ANBU mask onto his face and jumped out of a bush. His hearts started beating fast. Faster, faster – FASTER!

Time to make the Raikage proud!

“Give it up!” he said, striking his hero pose. “I’ve got you now Aoki Kyo! And I am taking you in.”

Not even a full second had gone by before the kid took off running without even turning to look in his direction. He was short, shorter than Kumori by a head. But not a big head, or a small head, but an average normal sized head, like Kumori’s own beautifully standard head. He was wearing grey shorts with lots of pockets, a black shirt, and a regulation headband.

5 minutes.

10 minutes.

An unknown but short amount of minutes since he couldn’t tell time exactly.

“Stop! I just want to talk” he screamed, very obviously lying. But surprisingly Aoki Kyo did not stop. He just ran. His short, slightly shorter than Kumori’s legs, moved as fast as the wind atop the branches of the trees.

Alright, you asked for it.

He stopped for only a second and extended both arms forward. Both his hands shot out from his body, ripping away from his arms with the familiar sound of shuffling paper and flew towards Kyo, quickly holding on to his legs and making him trip. The boy fell from the tree onto a small clearing and with a ‘PLOP’ hit the ground.

It was then when things turned awkward.

“HELP!” screamed Kyo. They were not alone anymore. A little girl stood by the side eating from a bento box, next to a weird giant beautifully-looking bubble of water that defied all common laws of things that were supposed to be in a forest.

Well, this is awkward.

“Help me!” screamed Kyo one more time, crawling backwards with a look of desperation as the paper began to spread around his legs and bind him.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Blue Boy seemed nervous making a lot of hand motions and seemed uncertain of what to do with himself. Airi clearly just need to press the comfort more and more until he was comfortable. The boy did not introduce himself but she figured that if he wanted to volunteer that information then he would have. She was not about to pressure someone about their name. When she introduced her name though he did chuckle a bit...even she had to admit she had a silly name. Someday she would change it but for now it would remain her fun name.

He informed her that she was very kind which just caused her to smile. He seemed nice...he was nervous maybe he thought he was bothering her or something. Maybe he did not talk much due to his appearance. Airi had no idea what he was but the only thing that really mattered to Airi was that he was a human being who seemed to just want to talk with her. How could she say no or be mean to someone like that? “Thank you for the compliment. Though no thank you is needed for existing and being handsome.” Airi was not intentionally flirting but it could certainly be taken in such a manner.

The Blue Boy went on to tell her that he enjoyed listening to her water jutsu and that he could hear the waves from afar. He went through his jutsu which all focused on water...he then mentioned unarmed something she had been working on and then he showed her a new blade he was working with. Airi personally loved piercing based blade considering her own interests. It looked like a large wooden sewing needle. As she eyed it with interest he allowed her to look briefly before putting it away and stepping back. As she glanced to look him in the eyes a small smile played to her lips. He seemed to like space I should make sure to give it to him.

He then offered to show her one of his water Ninjutsu. Airi sat back down and grabbed her food hoping for dinner and a show. As she took a bit she noticed him focus. His hands moved quickly Airi could not keep up with the speed. It was also a longer chain so it was something even more advanced than the water shark bomb she had been using earlier. As Airi watched her eyes went wide...this being the largest jutsu she had ever seen. This large snow globe of water formed around the Blue boy and he seemed perfectly fine. As Airi was amazed she suddenly caught the image of him looking like a shark in the water...was that...what he was?

“Amazing…” Airi was at a loss as it looked like animals were actually inside of it. Airi got up to approach it as her hand gently touched the outside. It was still and yet free flowing...his control of it was...perfect. He was clearly a much more skilled Ninjutsu user than her not that it was really saying much considering her skill. Still she felt like even if another shinobi did this it really reflected him. Plus...he looked absolutely thrilled with himself. “This is probably the most beautiful technique I have ever seen...you gotta show me how you did it…” Airi could already tell how it would go if she tried it….but even still she desperately wanted to be beautiful inside of it like this Blue Boy was.

The sudden fall and splat of a young boy caused her to watch and flinch as he landed. “Oww…”

The boy suddenly looked towards her and then towards the Blue Boy asking them for help. As Airi looked to him he seemed to be wrapped up in some type of paper...well that is not very natural...she thought of the lady she met at the Coliseum who used something along the lines of paper based ninjutsu. Airi could only wonder if this was some form of that same jutsu. Airi hesitated only for a moment before proceeding forward. The Blue Boy might be nervous so it was up to her to take the lead.

“It’s okay! I’ll hel…” Airi’s trot started to slow...as she looked towards where the boy would have fallen from she noticed a figure in the woods. The paper was moving...and now someone in a completely blank mask showed up. If Airi herself had been an Anbu in training for the last few months...she might have taken this person to be someone bad...and certainly they could still be, however...this is how she would look to an outsider with her mask on. She proceeded a little further...this masked person...would they speak? It did not seem like it...a binding would not kill the boy on the ground so she did not need to rush not yet. Her Anbu in Training name was Nineteen but even her voice might not be enough to get him to know she was one unless he paid attention to her in training intimately...or show him her tattoo...which she could not do with the Blue Boy here. These were one of these split second decisions she needed to make. She was fast she could keep this boy safe if the masked person struck out. Plus the masked person would probably be hesitant all things considered.

Airi smiled softly. “It’s okay...we will figure this out…” As she looked over the masked person she said, “Hello! My name is Irie Airi. How may I assist you today?” Airi gave an bow similar to one Maru would do she wanted to be flashy. Draw attention, act in a way that would frustrate whomever was at fault. She was leaning to listening to the bound boy but it was more a seventy-thirty she would not strike out the masked person.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi felt awkward as the silence dragged on. Figuring that her show might have caused a problem she looked over to Enatsu…”Hey…I think we ought to just leave this alone…let someone know about it.” Airi could not make the little boy leave but for Airi the tension was too high. As she shifted she ignored the cries of the one who was struggling. Airi slowly took steps away to get out of the area and then would leave.

Really she wanted to meet up with that guy but she would need to put distance between them and then switch into her AiT gear. Needless to say she would pass for today. Let whatever was handle it.

[Topic left due to inactivity]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back