Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

No Smudges Made| Private | Saya

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chewing on the information given to her she soon realized that perhaps some people were allowed to keep their distance from the Academy even while having the ability to mold chakra, after all they were talking about the Sand, not the Cloud. The idea made sense but felt quite unnatural to Shizuka who knew some students and even Genin who hadn’t planned to be a Shinobi but had the bad luck of being ‘talented’. It was a dilemma solved for them by their rulers, and it seemed that in Sand they had taken another road. She blinked, processing the other type of reality, and when Saya agreed to get a cup of tea she felt the questions float toward the surface like bubbles.

“So.. if you don’t mind me asking, you’re not a Shinobi but do possess certain skills, obviously.” The last part came out a bit softer.

Shizuka blushed still feeling quite embarrassed about ‘losing’ so fast. Especially against someone who didn’t even consider herself to be a kunoichi. That was.. just painful. The little student flinched from her own thoughts, mentally beating them toward the back of her mind.

“Then that means that not everyone who’s capable of hmm learning Genjutsu and other type of Shinobi abilities has to be a part of the Shinobi forces?” Tilting her head to the side as she walked out of the alley, the girl hummed to herself. If that was true, and it worked, then it could be a solution to those her age wanting to become something else in life than what they were ‘meant to be’. It was odd. The thought felt cold. Empty. She wasn’t sure if it was a good thing. As interesting as it might be, it could break down life as she knew it.

Who would protect the village if too many chose to concentrate on writing music or painting houses?

Didn’t everyone have a role to play?

“Oh, and eh who is the ‘overlord’ you speak off? Is he an old man? Is your mistress kind?”

Now that they were among people Shizuka felt the last bit of tension vanish from her muscles. Somehow convinced, on some subconscious level, that Saya wouldn’t hurt her now that they’ve come this far, she let the questions rain down on the older, taller Senju.

“Also, you’ve said that he could become a part of the main clan. Why can’t you? And how does one do that, becoming a part of the main clan that is?”

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Binch.full.568206.jpg

The Senju would slowly make her way towards the exit of the alley, not even looking back if Shizuka was following. She wasn't going to bother chasing her down again if her idea to get tea was just a distraction for her to escape. It didn't matter to her enough, however it was certain the girl would follow. Curiosity was oozing out of her for quite a while now and that was a dangerous thing.

"Interesting way to ask a question, but no I am not one no matter how many times you ask it. Facts do not change." <i></i> She would note, a light hint of annoyance in her tone. Saya rather disliked repeating herself, something Nazo would be able to confirm and would easily be able to say why it does not end well. However she wasn't going to act upon this, at least for now.

The older woman weaved her way through the crowd, leaving gaps big enough for Shizuka to pass through after herself. She wasn't a large individual by any regards, heck she would be classed as rather skinny and on the shorter end of the scale in terms of height, though that was more than enough. "Chakra is a very interesting thing. It allows for various methods of manipulation with varying degrees of success. Distraction and sleight of hand can help as well. Additionally, rather especially, in the case of genjutsu sate of mind is the greatest factor. If you are able to throw your target off that makes things even easier, no matter how efficient you are at weaving chakra in a specific manner."<i></i> Saya would explain. There was little point in going into specifics with regards to how she herself drew chakra in and how she released it through symbology since it was all a matter of trial and error. An arduous process, but thankfully her master had managed to do a fairly good job getting things started.

After a couple of minutes they found themselves in front of a rathe small shop in one of the side alleys. It only had a single table outside and a pair inside, alongside the display case. To say that it was small would be an understatement, however to the older Senju it was rather comfy. Having grown up in a rather constricting and small environment she did find places like this rather charming and did tend to gravitate towards them. "I've found their cakes to be quite delicious. The hot chocolate is quite good as well. I will let you choose first."<i></i> Saya would getsure for her companion to enter first.

Once they had settled down, and she had ordered a piece of chocolate frosted cake and a cup of hot chocolate with cream and sprinkles, Saya would finally relax ever so slightly. She would lean back, taking in a deep breath and enjoying the marvellous scents coming from the back of the little store. "It would be the two mot important members of the main family. The leader of the Senju clan and his sister."<i></i> She would answer plainly without going into any real detail. "It would be up to yourself to find out their names if you wish. A meeting might be in order, though that is an interesting prospect in and of itself."<i></i> She would nod, a light smile finally breaking her neutral expression for a few moments. It was an interesting thing that she did have to bring up to the Overlord for certain. Kazuki would likely find this interesting.

"I do not have power of my own. That disqualifies me to ever be a true member. You should know this already. Or maybe your parents decided to ignore the traditions?"<i></i> She would respond, pausing for a good long while. This was an interesting point of thought. If the girl didn't know about this at all her father was either a traitor or there were some impostors using the honourable name of her clan. No more importantly the Overlords name! That would be unacceptable. Both would be beyond comprehension. "Only the strong deserve to be part of the main clan."<i></i> She would finally state in a completely matter of fact tone of voice.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With growing excitement she followed Saya through the street. Dodging people here and there, the little Senju almost jumped with every step she took, eyes glowing a bright green with yellow strokes as if they were reflecting the sunlight itself. She gravitated closer to her goal as the latter stopped near one of the smaller establishments. A couple of tables, some chairs, the smell of freshly baked sweetness. Shizuka’s lips curled up into a wide grin. Yes, this was a place she would most certainly enjoy.

The ‘have you been here before’ died in her throat when Saya mentioned that the cakes were to die for. Nodding, the smaller kunoichi hopped inside of the cafe with eyes already searching the place for what she would like to order. It didn’t take her long to find a deliciously looking fruit cake with whipped cream on top. Figs, red berries, and some raisins. She was definitely going to love every bite of that. Some earl grey tea went with it, and a little bit of milk.

“Find out? By asking you or are you expecting me to hmm go ask around?” Curiously tilting her head to the side as if that would help her to read the other Senju, she then turned her gaze toward the cake. Her hand soon followed. She really liked it. Saya had been right, the cakes were delicious here.

“And how could I possibly meet them? Are they here in Tea, right now? Attending the Tournament?” Firing the questions between the bites, she stopped, gave Saya some time to reply if she wanted to, and herself to take a very careful sip from the hot tea.

“Oh, yeah, about the whole member thing.. hmm, I don’t know, I mean, we’re just all family, I guess, but not everyone of those with the Senju name can use the Mokuton. To be honest I don’t know why.” Shrugging a little, she made a thoughtful face while carefully holding her cup. The liquid had jumped a bit, trying to escape, but the dexterity she had been born with helped her to prevent that awful scenario.

“I don’t understand, though, what do you mean that you don’t have power of your own? How were you performing jutsu then? ..”

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Exactly. Why not have some fun and try and find that information out. You are training to be a ninja are you not?"<i></i> Saya would respond with a very light smile. She could easily tell her, but that would make things easy and at the end of the day she found the idea of having Shizuka play detective rather funny. It wasn't the best stance to take up, but it would break up her routine ever so slightly, therefore why the heck not.

The older Senju would slowly lower her fork to her own piece, sitting with her back straight and taking very small bites. The one word that came to mind when observing her would be either refined or stuck-up. She had been trained in the matters of etiquette ages ago and at this point it was a part of her nature. It was only natural really. She didn't want to end up making her masters seem unrefined due to her own actions. As such there had to be absolutely no mistakes whatsoever.

"I do believe both the master and mistress are currently away on business. As I was ordered to take a break I have come here and have not heard of them also venturing in this direction, therefore I do not know if they are here as well. They might be as they did not share their original heading with me."<i></i> Saya would note, taking yet another small bit and a sip from her drink, carefully placing the cup back down on the table. "Alternatively you could visit Suna if you wished. Though I cannot say I really understand the laws you shinobi must abide to, being a civilian myself. I would say that grants me a bit more freedom, albeit sometimes restricted."<i></i> She would suggest. Having the overlord meet this girl himself might be a good idea. From her observations so far it didn't really seem that she would be any sort of threat at all, however Saya herself was unable to really gauge power as most would be, being unable to sense how much chakra ones has, but rather just knowing that they have some and having a general feeling as to whether or not they were affiliated with demonic beings, the latter being very difficult to use appropriately.

"Interesting for certain. I would say that the main clan is more bound to tradition."<i></i> Saya would nod briefly, trying to arrange her words in a manner that didn't show her thoughts about the situation. "I suppose I could answer you question one final time, though I should make you aware I deeply dislike having to repeat myself over and over."<i></i> The older Senju would respond to the question, a hint of annoyance easily recognisable in her tone of voice. "I do not have a developed chakra system at all. It would be more akin to one of a civilian. This means I cannot really produce chakra by normal means for a shinobi as such I am not one. In terms of how I do it I would say years of work over multiple generations. A secret of myself and my former teacher if you will."<i></i>

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“I can’t travel freely, unfortunately,” she looked down with some light disappointment coloring her cheeks with shades of pale pink. Staring at her cake as if it was to blame for the laws the Cloud had she then tried to shrug it all off. From one side she understood that travelling alone would be dangerous. Especially because she wasn’t a strong kunoichi, in fact she wasn’t one yet, and while being one in training did put her above the average person in strength, it seemed that the Council didn’t trust wandering students.

“well, not yet, but later I would like to visit other countries, including yours.” Thoughtfully adding her thoughts on the future she showed quite some excitement from before. The idea of going to places which were off limit now was causing her senses to tingle. The sugar wasn’t keeping her from fidgeting either. More awake than ever during this trip, with the exception of falling into the quite refreshing water when exiting the boat, Shizuka didn’t miss the bit of annoyance coming from the older Senju.

“Apologies for having made you repeat yourself, I eh.. I’ll try to formulate my questions a bit better from now on.” Luckily she didn’t have to do that with the last one. Saya understood what the girl had been fishing after, and indulged her a little by revealing her own lack of a developed chakra system. This revelation left Shizuka silently picking at her dessert for a moment while trying to imagine how that could work. Vague images from the previously taken classes came floating up while she pondered the mystery. Chakra channels drawn on the chalkboard danced in the back of her mind when she looked up again.

“That’s fascinating, but it must have been hard to learn how to do perform any sort of jutsu that way.” Curiously squeezing her eyes a little she wouldn’t put any more pressure on the topic should Saya ignore her attempt at uncovering the secret technique.

Did being unable to produce chakra but still able to cast jutsu mean that she could get the energy from their surroundings?

The kid’s eyes widened somewhat. Should that be the case then Saya was really an exceptional person. Unless it was a bit more simple than that and akin to what dad had taught her. Did Senju Saya take chakra from the water and earth? From wood?

Perking up she took a hold of her drink and carefully sipped from it. As the sweetness spread she hummed gently, eyes slightly glazed over because of multiple reasons.

“Do you think they would receive me well at the compound? Would they even care?..” She wondered aloud, unsure if everyone grew excited when hearing their family name.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"That is quite unfortunate. I can't say that I am aware of all the rules and regulations that shinobi have to abdie to."<i></i> Saya would shrug, taking a sip from her drink before carefully placing it back down onto the table. "Luckily time is on our side and I would be more than happy to offer my assistance if it will help."<i></i> She would add after a brief pause. It shouldn't be that difficult at all really, especially considering her... disposition. A topic to ponder maybe.

"It is quite alright. It is a very common question. One I am rather... tired of at this point."<i></i> The older Senju would elaborate as she glanced over to counter with all the cakes, studying them carefully as she considered whether or not to get another piece and additionally how to proceed from now on. She had heard that students weren't really allowed to maneuver freely. A good idea in order to protect them, however it messed with her plans quite substantially. Being able to lead the girl to the Overlord wouldn't be that easy after all and she still had to bring a report to his attention before she did end up doing anything. After all it would be rather... disrespectful to actually go ahead and act on her own in a situation that could quickly turn volatile.

"One can say that. My master told me that it had taken two generations to get to where he was at. I would be the third generation to further develop the techniques and there is still much to learn at this point. I can't really say how a shinobi works with chakra, but using it from the environment can be dangerous as it is fairly volatile, but that would be secrets for those who nee them."<i></i> Saya would oblige with a very light smile, taking a small bite from her cake and placing the fork back down on the plate as she finally glanced away from the cake display and over to Shizuka. "You are quite the curious one aren't you."<i></i> She would state. It was meant to be a question, but it hadn't turned out that way. "Honestly I cannot answer that question. I have never met a Senju that wasn't born into the clan. You would likely be viewed as... an anomaly in a way? It is just not something we have dealt with so far, though if your claim to the name is genuine we never abandon our own."<i></i>

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Of course, she was a curious one, and because the comment hadn’t sounded like a reproach of sorts Shizuka decided to take it as a compliment. It’s why she grinned somewhat proudly before breaking another piece of her cake. It was sweet just like this conversation they were having, though the latter was a bit harder to digest if you asked the young Senju. Especially because Saya mentioned the clan never abandoning her own. It caused Shizuka to question her father’s legacy. Not that she thought he might not be a Senju. In fact, she was pretty sure that he was, but that’s what bothered her. Should Saya’s words be the truth then the question was whether her ancestors had fled, been abandoned or worse.

What a hassle.

Slowly she returned to eyeing Saya. Green eyes burned with a certain intensity as she hummed very gently. This could be a trap or progress. Perhaps both in some sick way. She was unsure how to deal with it from here on. Her curiosity wished she could go with Saya and see this compound she spoke of. Discovering more Senju and learn about their ways, perhaps new traditions, and maybe even a common background. Well, it was more than just tempting, but unfortunately, it wasn’t an option. As a student with such limited travel options, it would be a terrible mistake to go with someone from another village. Treason was the word that came to mind, yes, that’s how the action would be labeled. She was certain of that.

So, instead of assuming things and let the woman be, she decided to try to get as much out of Saya as was possible. Every bit of information could later help her during her search for the Senju’s past, roots, and core. Details were always juicy, even if they didn’t appear as such at the start they could always come in handy later down the road.

Shifting a bit she put down her fork and let her hands rest on the table with elbows hanging in the air. “What do you mean by ‘never abandoning our own’, I mean, it’s not like I need help and none of my family members feel abandoned, I think.”

This is where the sudden insecurity made itself known through the formation of a light crease in her forehead. Shizuka was frowning. The tiny possibility that her father, or more likely grandfather.. perhaps even the father before that one, was holding some sort of grudge against the Sand Senju made her doubt her words. What if some felt abandoned? What if there was another layer of history to her family she had no knowledge of?

The thoughts were causing her to feel somewhat uncomfortable. Blindly her hand searched for the fork, getting another piece of sweetness as if that would take away the anxious edge cutting into her. “Do you guys have records of hmm well, of every member the Senju Compound has ever had? Including those who’ve left or were killed in battle.. perhaps those who’ve gone missing or were taken by the enemy?”

Words: 517 - MFT

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A game of cat and mouse. There was no other way to really define the current situation. Both sides digging for information, whilst trying to maintain a healthy rapport and not provide more than absolutely necessary. Maybe a game of push and pull was better suited to the current situation? Well no matter it was an interesting thing for certain. The question was how her master would react to the information once she was to report to him and how things would end up turning out.

As the older Senju noticed the gorl staring she couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in question. A gesture that might appear slightly threatening, however it was nothing more than pure habit at this point. "Simple. No matter who you are as long as you are a member of the clan the clan would never betray or abandon you. I am a fairly prime example of that."<i></i> Saya would begin, placing her left hand over her heart towards the end of the sentence to further support that she was talking about herself. "I am no shinobi as you know and for a reason. Normally I'd be the runt of the litter if you will, however the Overlord didn't abandon me. He tried to help me and when leaf fell I wasn't left behind. No. They gave me work, a purpose and made sure I was alright."<i></i> The woman would grow quiet, observing the girls reaction. "Many were lost and disappeared during that time and the search is still ongoing via both the now-existing Konoha and ourselves you know."<i></i> She would note, stopping once again to observe.

"I can't say for sure and if there are I myself have not had access to such information. There are just far too many unknowns with the entire situation happening the way it did really."<i></i> Saya would shrug, leaning forward and resting her elbows on the table as she propped herself up on her hands. "Honestly I wouldn't worry about such things. Being with family is the important bit and if you don't wish to have contact with your extended family so be it. I won't force you to do anything and the Overlord might decide to look into things himself, as busy as he is. So no need to be afraid, kiddo."<i></i>

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
That was very kind of this ‘Overlord’ Saya spoke of so fondly. Shizuka wanted to comment on the ‘not a Shinobi’ bit, but kept quiet. They had been down that road before and she didn’t want to piss of Saya again. Still, she felt like the older Senju was special enough to be ‘of use’ to anyone who was a part of the Shinobi society in one way or another. If the woman had so effortlessly beaten her, a student of the Cloud, it meant that she could easily take down over a dozen warriors who made no use of chakra and the like. Obviously she had to be a valuable asset to the Compound. Or perhaps the way she was looking at things was wrong and this truly was purely about family. That idea was a sweet one, but Shizuka had been learning that most of the things that appeared too good to be true actually were too good to be true.

Regardless of that, her childish side was excited about this ‘branch’ of the Senju. So it quickly drowned the raw nature of her previous thoughts. While Shinobi were weapons they were also people who had feelings and who cared.

Perking up she smiled. “But I do, I mean, I would like to get to know more Senju.” It was just impossible to meet them because they were so far away. This miracle of having run into ‘one of her own’, she could say, was just that, a miracle. And with not even a headband to prove her skills it would take her years before she might be able to get to Sand!

Withering like a flower toward the end of Summer she felt extra grumpy when being called a ‘kid’. Like a slightly upset kitten she almost bristled with eyebrows sliding together. “I’m not afraid!” Well, not anymore.. not right now. Saya had been scary but that didn’t mean Shizuka would be terrified all the time. Right?

Cautious green eyes rolled up to watch Saya. Maybe it would be a good idea to elaborate her tiny outburst a bit. In the end she didn’t want for things to end on a bad note here. “As a student of the Cloud and almost being eleven, I disagree with you on me being a child.” Not that it was terrible to be young. She knew she had less responsibilities than those with actual ranks, that the amount of free time she had would thin out later, and that she was smaller and weaker than others. But! She could fight! And she could accomplish certain tasks. Hence, she was not a ‘kiddo’.

“Saya-san, should you travel to Cloud, I would like it if we could meet again.” Nodding, she peered at the taller female. There were a lot more things she wanted. One of them was pestering Saya about that ability she had and its secret. Then there was the ‘Overlord’, the family they had, the Compound, and their habits. But the most realistic thing she could hope for now was spending her time here without any accidents (or any more of them) and then, perhaps, meet again.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The game had drawn out for long enough. There was little to none information that she could fish out at this point. It was time to cut her losses and report, well a more appropriate term would fit better, but that is what came to her mind at the time. Saya slowly reached into a pocket underneath her cloak and took out a small leather wallet bound in string. The woman proceeded to slowly unravel it and take out a few notes, placing them on the table, her gaze remaining away from Shizuka the entire time. It wasn’t that she wasn’t paying attention... no far from it. It was still a part of the game.

She would glance up at the little outburst, her lips curling into a very light smile for a brief moment before she diverted her attention to wrapping her wallet once more and putting it back in its original place. ”Eleven is still far away from being an adult, kiddo. How about next time we meet we have a rematch and if you win I won’t call you kiddo anymore?”<i></i> Saya would suggest, standing up and walking over to the other side of the table and stopping side on next to Shizuka. The older Senju would glance down, attempting to place her hand on the girl’s head and ruffle her hair (through the hat if there was one… it’s been a while) ”I’m sure that can be arranged, but for now I will bid you adieu, kiddo.”<i></i> She would offer a very light smile once more before walking off and out of the shop.

It was time to get back to her regular duties and finally get back on track with everything else. She also had to catch up with the Overlord and tell him what she saw. It would be interesting to see how he would react in this situation. Very interesting for sure.

[TLUS]

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She didn’t have to think long on agreeing to a rematch. Afterall she was training to becoming a full fledged kunoichi and that had to count for something. The day she would be able to travel more or less freely was still far away and she was sure that by then she would become a better fighter than she was now. It would take a while, but she promised herself that next time she would make Saya sweat.

“You didn’t have to-.. thanks, Saya-san.” In the middle of her protest she gave up. There was no use to lose time arguing here. Nothing would change because of it. So, with a light glow in her eyes, she smiled and waved goodbye to the older Senju. The odd feeling of warmth stayed behind when the woman left. Now that she knew that somewhere out there more Senju existed it gave her the feeling of belonging to a larger place than only the Cloud. Not that she would trade her home for any other. Still, it felt good. Almost as good as finishing her sweets.

[Exit Topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back