Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Not Too Late To Learn [Tutor/Yoonie]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It has been a week since the incident at the gates that left him confined in the hospital for so long. Not to mention that he stood up at the edge of life and death. He was lucky, he supposed, that Junko had been there to save him, though Kiri could tell that the other was far from happy to see the predicament that he was in. Needless to say, if this was another person, he would have been dead before he could get a chance to salvage himself. But there was one thing that had been in Kiri’s mind ever since. What exactly was Leaf, the country he was born into but never raised?

It was one of the primary goals he had when he thought he would be heading to Konoha– to learn more about this land that exiled him when he was younger. He wanted to see the village that he rarely experienced when he was with his clan. And furthermore, he wanted to know about what became of his family. The latter wasn’t much of a plan, really, for he was already resigned to the idea that he now had his new family in his new home in Kumogakure. And so, it would be best to say that his current curiosity about this land was more towards how he could best understand it, especially as he would now be considered a shinobi from Kumogakure.

Thus was the reason why he was now here, at the entrance of Konoha Library. Certainly, he would be able to find what he was searching for and learn more about the land. In fact, he was pretty much hoping that he would be allowed to even enter its premises after the things he’d done at the gates. Well, considering Junko’s stern warning, Kiri was certain he would not want to destroy this second chance he was given. And to that end, he would want to become someone who was worthy to be a protector of his own village. And to start that off, it was important to learn about the rest of the world that Kumogakure was a part of…. not to mention the current alliance between Leaf and Cloud was significant and so he should do his part to maintain it.

WC: 381

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A few streets down, Yume stretched her arms above her head. One of the cameras whirred from behind her, to which she turned to make a silly face. With her were three other idols, in just as eye catching costumes. A slight crowd had gathered around them, curious of the filming but blocked off by the lines of security holding them a safe distance away.

Today's variety show? A game. Yume didn't really like it.

"Now the families are in place, the idols on the race to become the true Godfather through a series of trivial pursuits, quizzes and challenges! Only one can obtain the Sacred Scripture! Who will be the one to rule the underbelly?!"

What kind of messed up theme was this? Yume thought bitterly on the inside. Well, unlike her who had... close ties to this sort of stuff, she supposed the masses liked drama like that in entertainment. Though these outfits were nothing at all like Yakuza. Her family would be... Wait, they gave the okay for this, didn't they? In a small window out of the camera's sight, Yume sighed; though even if she was caught looking unhappy, they could easily cut it out of the final reel.

"And the clue of their first mission has been distributed to them in envelopes. On the signal, they can start!"

Yume stared confusedly at her sealed envelope, sure enough to give the cameras some moe and comedic effect. Ah, idol life! Before she knew it, the signal sounded and they all rushed to open up their envelopes. Her blue eyes skimmed the paper, becoming more incredulous by the second. "Omo, what is this?"

The others had already run off in different directions, to her surprise. What the heck is this game that had her so perplexed?!

But you know, she hates to lose. With a last look around at the crowd and the cameras, she ran off to the direction of the library. "Oh, and the Red Family has finally started her pursuit!" Yume reread the paper as her heels clacked quickly down the street. The first clue won't be too hard, she thought, it was just... ridiculous. Actually she wasn't sure if the mere public was willing to do this.

The right-hand man makes the Godfather in a quiet room.

"What kind of clue is this anyway?! Oh, I hope I'm right about this because it's totally absurd!"

The camera man was hot on her heels, recording her every move. Yume skidded to a halt in front of the library, almost crashing into Kiri. She looked up at him, her expression flustered and her lips were ready to apologise. The face looked familiar, but she had no time to ponder about that. Suddenly, she remembered the paper in her hand and looked back up at Kiri with now determined eyes.

"Excuse me! Can you pledge your loyalty to me?"

"OOOOHHH!!! What a strange love confession from the Red Family!"

"PD-nim, stop interfering and saying weird things!"

"Well you could have just asked him to help you normally, Yun-chan~"

"..."

Heat burst into her face and Yume shuffled backwards with a bow. "I'm sorry! I meant to say can you help me on my mission? I promise I can get the team to blur your face if you don't want to be identified!"

[WC: 559/1500]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was definitely a strange day– Kiri thought as he was just about to enter the library when he felt a chakra pulse nearby. He quickly turned to the side to find someone skidding, halting just before him. In response, Kiri took a step backward as he glanced at the person. Her red hair was very familiar, and perhaps he would have better remembered her if that blonde nurse was at her side. Ah, but he easily did when she spoke and his ears caught that tone. Yes, he remembered her now. The redhead who fell from the tree, who talked about strange things, and seemingly influential to have a number of people come to help that younger girl back in the forest to carry the meat.

Ah, but the real strange occurrence in this was not her sudden appearance, very much like the last time they had met. It was the question that she spoke that had him wide-eyed for a good long moment. Then, as if only now he realised it, Kiri noticed the group of people who was tailing her and his eyes sharpened. Before anything else, however, she would quickly speak once more and Kiri felt rather exhausted and confused at what was happening. After all, he doesn’t watch tv nor know anything about the idol life.

However, Kiri was already there by the library and it would seem as though fate was playing with him once more. He wasn’t one to simply shrug off occurrences, and he was highly superstitious about these things. So when he glanced at the redhead once more, he look a bit more determined as he reached out a hand to her and said, “First of all, you need to calm down and catch your breath. Second, I don’t really understand this deal about blurring. But most importantly, we met once in the forest, haven’t we? And you did suggest about coming to this village. I suppose, I should have accepted that. Oh well, fate runs its course. So, where to, do this fate of us meeting here plan to take me? I hope you’ll be able to help me in return for whatever assistance I can give.”

WC: 368

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If the show was in post production already, there would be many words thrown about and slammed onto the screen with dramatic effect. Maybe something along the lines of "Yume has found an actual right hand man?!" or "Red Family, raring to go!" But it wasn't, and the pair was left there in an awkward moment before Yume thanked him and decided what to do next.

Suddenly, like her mother's whimsical nature and proven track record, she didn't want to continue with this game. The idol life is full of different contracts and obligations that she had to follow through with, but variety shows, drama acting, endorsements... All those things, she could care less about. The only things that mattered to her was her music, performance and fans. That alone was enough to keep the idol busy.

Now how can she get out of this? She wondered, smiling at Kiri and pointing into the library. "I think, based on the clue, we have to meet in there."

How can she get out of this?

Her fingers gripped onto the door handle as she swung the entrance open. To the others, she stood in place without yet taking another step. "Yun-chan?" the production director called from behind her. As if on cue, Yume's paling form stumbled, clutching at her chest and toppled over. She fell onto the ground with an ungraceful thud so suddenly, that the camera crew was dumbfounded from action for the first second.

"Yun-chan?!"

Murmurs from the spectating public echoed from a short distance, finally snapping the director to head forward and try to move Yume into the library. "Cut the cameras, just get her out of sight first! Oh Goddess, they're gonna kill me..."

The library was eerily empty, save for one suspicious looking woman at the main desk. It seemed like they were part of the show though, as the lady perked up in genuine surprise at the scene.

[WC: 884/1500]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening to her words, Kiri raised a brow for a minute. Eyes followed her finger and gazed further into the library, realising that he was being directed to go somewhere. However, before anything could happen, the redhead seemingly fainted. Kiri was close by so he instinctively moved forward to catch her falling form. As he held her, he could tell the rest of the personnel who had followed her had began to panic. The cameraman was so shocked that he seemed to have paused for a moment before acting, while another person was talking to her communicator and then they were off to direct Kiri to bring Yume’s fallen form inside the library, and so he did.

Once inside, Kiri was a bit perplexed at the whole situation. Kiri laid Yume on one of the long tables as one of the staffers went to speak with someone on the reception desk, probably to get some help. The cameraman was busy talking in this communicator while assessing Yume. It left a bad taste in Kiri’s mouth seeing how people couldn’t even give first aid so easily.

So he took it upon himself to do so. He quickly examined Yume’s condition, checking for her vitals without probing like a lecherous freak, and then applying a bit of his gathered chakra on his hands, letting it warm up against the woman’s head. It may have been fatigue on her part, but he wasn’t so sure. He just hoped that this wouldn’t turn out to be another incident where he’d have to get into trouble again. While given the freedom once more, Kiri did not have any intent to mess things up and get himself locked up once more.

“Really, now… you’re quite careless to suddenly fall ill like this,” he said with exasperation before examining Yume’s face, and remembering that little girl’s words in the forest, Yume did look beautiful, and upon closer look, almost angelic. And then, his thoughts remembered another person, that blonde nurse. “I wonder if she’ll come running here.”

WC: 365

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The other idols and their newfound right-hand men entered the library, to be just as surprised as the crew at the sight before them. "Oh my, Yun-chan, what happened?!"

But the show must go on. Explanations would have to happen later to the others, which meant that Yume had to be removed from the show. Post-production can figure that out--heck, they could even just say the 'truth'. Popstar Yume fainted on set from work fatigue, or something. The tabloids would have a field day with this story later. Maybe she could even twist it in her favour as an idol working hard for her fans everyday. As the others prepared to leave for the second checkpoint of the show, Yume roused. Her eyelids fluttered open to see the grey library ceiling.

"Overdid it..." she mumbled, as if she was answering Kiri's remark. She started to sit up by herself, staring tiredly ahead of her. Face to face, the ghostly form, that was unseen to others' eyes, grinned back at her just as the director started fussing over her.

"Sorry, little princess. But it worked didn't it?" it laughed, gliding away. The back of its neck donned a marking of a phoenix. "Thanks for the snack. You can rearrange your qi yourself, ne?"

"Mm..." She glanced around the library, to Kiri, then at the director standing right beside her. Yume smiled weakly. "Sorry, PD-nim. I don't feel well enough to continue. Could you let Oppa know? He'll take it from there."

"Yun-chan, do you need help going to the hospital?" the director asked, wringing his hands nervously. The action didn't escape Yume's eyes. Hopefully he doesn't get in trouble by them just because she fainted. Shaking her head, Yume shooed him off.

"You'll get into more trouble if you delay filming because of me. I'll be okay!" The reassurance was accompanied with short hug (and a pickpocket). "I just need some rest before I go for a check up."

She's not going for a check up.

Reluctantly, they all left. Yume had also refused a chaperone, hoping that Kiri could step up and offer some assistance. Better a stranger fuss over her today than someone from the company. Soon enough they all left, leaving the library dead empty to Kiri, while Yume's world was filled with interesting supernatural swirls and creatures. They would be able to have the library themselves for a while--what with the change of plans because of her sudden syncope. Of course, a logical person would know that the easier method would be to move her elsewhere and continue filming. The fact that they didn't was something Kiri could mull over.

Yume stretched her arms over her head with colour returning to her cheeks. Some foreign papers were in her hand--the something that she had pickpocketed from the director from that hug--and she skimmed through them. "... Well, I'm glad that I fainted out of filming if that's what we're gonna do..." she mumbled, stashing the papers under her hat.

It was until now she realised Kiri had stuck around to assist her. With a gasp, she swung her legs over to the edge of the table and stared at him. For an uncomfortable moment, it was like she looked through him, but soon turned a little more human with curiosity, then recognition, and finally gratitude. Her hand went to her forehead and she smiled. "That was you, wasn't it? Thank you."

She still had to readjust her qi flow, but there was a more pressing matter to address beforehand. "Um, you said you wanted help before? I don't know what I could help with but I can try."

[WC: 1510/1500]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The other contestants were with their supposed partners for this strange gameshow that Kiri wasn't exactly familiar with, but he didn't bother with them. Soon enough, Yume regained consciousness and was sitting upright. The director went and fussed about her but the redhead managed to assure him that she was fine. That sleight of hand by the girl was something that didn't escape Kiri's eyes. He can talk to her about it later as at the moment, she seemed stressed on how to make the rest of the crew leave her be.

"I'm a mednin," said Kiri as he stared at the staff, "I can look at her for the time being and make sure she's okay. For now, it's best to give her some space and less things to worry about." It wasn't exactly a lie but he made it sound as persuasive as possible.

Soon enough, they all left her with him in that library. Rather easy-going and careless, if he thought about it. Then again, the redhead was able to use chakra and he could sense that she was recovering quite well. When they were away from earshot, he finally spoke, "I was wondering what it was that you took there. You know, if you don't really like having to deal with things like this, you can always avoid them." But of course, Kiri didn't know anything about the idol life. He thought it was normal.

Propped up and ready to help him, Kiri thought back on his original intent and helped Yume onto her feet. "Well, I was just hoping to learn more about Leaf. In a rather embarrassing way, I was born here but never raised. So I wanted to see exactly what I missed. But despite knowing that the library is the perfect start, I still don't know exactly where in this assortment of books. And I'm afraid it may take me days. I don't think I have that long."

WC: 327

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah, if only it were that easy, Chingu. I can't just break a contract like that."

They say broad questions lead to broad answers and this was exactly what was happening right now. Yume tilted her head to the side in confusion and crossed her arms over her chest. "What you missed in Leaf? Is there something in particular you want to know? Because like you said, it can take days to go through it."

With a huff of a laugh, she slid off the table looking as bubbly as before. It was almost as if she didn't just lose consciousness a couple of minutes ago. "Let's see what's happening nowadays... The entertainment industry has grown now, there are more idols, comedians and entertainers in the village. Oh, but traditional performance is still pretty strong."

Her father would have been glad to see the advancement of modernism. He was the one that headed the Republic of Fire after all. Perhaps, though unwittingly and in a completely different field, Yume really was carrying on the Yamaguchi ideals.

Yume approached him with a cute rock on her heels, bringing her hands together in a heart shape. Her smile was dazzling, fit for one called an idol. "I'm sorry I wasn't feeling myself the other day. My name is Yume, or it's better written as U<3ME. Nice to meet you, and thank you again." She swung her hands behind her back again and hopped and skipped and jumped over to one of the many bookshelves.

Peering from spine to spine, she whispered under her breath the titles of the books until she stopped on one. "If you're asking about Leaf's history, I don't know that much about it myself. I'm kinda like you. My parents are from Leaf, but I wasn't raised here. Definitely didn't grow up here in the midst of their civil war either."

A slender finger reached out to pull a book out. It was rather thin, and had nicely drawn illustrated pictures on every page. It was a story book, written for children. "This is the first book of the series," she chirped, handing it to him. "I don't really like it, but the pictures are pretty."

The writing was simple to accompany the pictures, and made it to sound like a fairytale.

The Goddess and the Village said:
Long ago, there lived a beautiful goddess in the Heavens. Under the goddess's care on Earth, was a small village blessed by the ability to cast spells. The village was very prosperous. Everyone was happy and nice to each other, but they were very mean to outsiders.

"We have the beautiful goddess watching over us, and you don't! We're the best!"

The beautiful goddess was ashamed to see her village be so cruel towards others. One day, the bullying became too much for her and she started to cry red tears. The tears fell onto the village on Earth. The villagers were starting to worry.

"Why are you so sad, dear goddess?" they asked. "Please don't cry."

But the goddess was so sad, she could not stop crying. Nobody knew how to make her feel happy again.
The last picture was of a village, flooded in red and barren from crops and nature. Yume hummed, unaware of just how creepy that book might have been, and looked through the shelves for the second instalment.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching the redhead jump into action, it was almost as if the earlier emergency didn’t occur. Well, Kiri did somehow felt it was just too convenient, and a lingering chakra pulse was always something to be suspicious of. But he didn’t think it was important to ask further, especially now that she was willing to help him. And learning more about the girl, he felt a certain link with her, probably because of their similarity in status. But he wasn’t much of a fan of her weird skipping and tilting. Or maybe because he just didn’t know what that meant.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you again, Yume,” said Kiri, “I’m Kiri, though perhaps I may have already said this back in the forest.”

As he followed her, watching her open the book, showing the text and the image, Kiri felt rather perplexed. If this was a myth, it certainly came off as strange, if not, otherworldly. True enough, back in Kumogakure, Raiden was revered as a god by some, but this one about the creation of this village, possibly, seemed rather dark. Perhaps, to kids, this sort of storybook structure would be appropriate and he was already thinking that there was something deeper, far more cruel to the words written there. Crying a river of blood and a wasted land definitely seemed like more like a creative stylisation of something far worse.

“Interesting,” said Kiri, glancing up to look at Yume, “Creation myths have always been unique, but somehow I get a feeling that this story, in particular, is hiding something more than what it shows. I could be reading too much into the it, or possibly trying to ground everything into something I can relate to or understand, but it does feel like it’s being simplified for an audience of younger ages.” He wasn’t much of a critic of literature, but he did have a lot of experience in reading, though recently he had only been reading medical books, and a more recent one was about meditation.

“Hmmm, do you know of anything about the clans in Leaf? I was wondering if I would be able to learn more about them,” he finally added.

WC: 366

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"It's not a myth."

Her back was to him, as she was still examining the books on the shelf. The silence she left off after it was heavy, despite how sweet and soft her voice was when she said it. Her head turned to look over her shoulder at him, and if he more attentive and looked closely, her eyes were a much brighter blue than usual. Like crystals.

"It really happened. Over a thousand years ago."

Yume's eyes then closed in a blink and she spun around with cheer. She grinned. "Well, that's what mama told me. Sometimes I think she's out of this world."

Turning back to the books, she was a lot quicker in taking out the other storybooks. They were all from the same nameless author; all part of the one series. "After the whole wasteland era, technology and machinery became the thing for the economy, and shinobi arts were irrelevant. I think it was relatively recent when it all came back."

She plopped the other four storybooks into Kiri's hands. The last book had a picture of a character in there, with red hair just like hers. The only difference was that he had green eyes. "Well, after the civil war, Leaf kind of reverted back primarily into a shinobi village. Except for the FiRE E&M building."

That was still rather technologically advanced.

But alas, it didn't seem to be what Kiri was looking for. "Leaf clans?" she echoed, bringing a finger to her lips. "Mmm... Let's see... Oh there are too many here. There's like the four noble clans, but I don't really remember who they are... What clans do I remember? There's the Hyuuga... Uchiha... Nara... Yamaguchi..."

Her voice trailed off at the last clan name, her mask cracking for that split second as her smile dropped. That clan wasn't one of the four nobles, but they were prominent enough to cause trouble. The old Hokage--her accursed father--hailed from that clan.

She averted her gaze elsewhere. "There should be a public register of Leaf clans somewhere around here," she said. They way Yume said that didn't sound any different from her usual tone, but Kiri's chakra sense might have picked up a slight wave. It was harmless, unless he part of the netherworld himself. The lower level spirits perked at the order, saving Yume the time to search the library for that one particular book. An abnormal breeze flowed through the enclosed library, gently guiding the demon blood up a floor level to the direction of the public clan register.

OOC said:
Storybooks based on Leaf pre-civil war history, spoilered cuz it's a wall of text.
1000 Years Ago, Konohagakure
A land at the center of the known world, prospered and thrived. Its military was large and its people were wealthy, and the lives they all lead seemed to be happy ones. A great mountain in the backdrop, with faces carved upon it, stood as testament to their skill, while a colossal Gate bore testimony of their power. This grandiosity had come at a price though, paid by the working and the ruling class alike. Wars and deception had paved their road to success, and unrest brewed from within and without. The Country of Fire grew nervous with the growing size of its Shinobi Village, while those inside saw that the path they now tread lead either to dominion or ruin. 

But fate was cruel. It soon came time for the Village Hidden amidst Leaves to pay for its many sins. 

A red rain poured down upon them. The scholars debated over whether this was a terrible concoction of nature, or the wrath of the Goddess herself. It persisted for days, then months, and the people fled into the greater Country to which the village belonged. These tolling months turned to years and all hope was drenched. Even the leaders fled for higher ground, and those few that remained met the same fate as their drowning village. Nearly a decade passed before the torrent came to a close, and the red soil beneath the crumbled village mourned the loss of its pride. It was the most devastating calamity in recorded history, scarring the heart of the Fire Country and rendering it barren for ages.

825 Years Ago, The Ghost Village
The drowned village was now the inhabitant of stories told to children, stories about the Gods and what comes of too much power. No one walked into the large and crimson graveyard, as the perennial shade teased the imagination until the people were convinced that the grounds were haunted. 

Those that did find residence in the ruins of Konohagakure, became isolated and learned to sustain themselves. They were Shinobi that realized that dispersing into the expansive lands of Fire would chip away at their Arts. From father to son, the teachings of Konohagakure was passed down the generations in the quiet hospice of ruins.

750 Years Ago, Shinobi
The Shinobi of the drowned village had spread throughout the Fire Country, and without a central Military base, the Country grew weak in its military. This was not a problem as the Country rapidly invested its time and efforts into technology and industrialization. A new kind of success came into light -- the success of the businessman. Machinery became the new measure of the Fire Country's advancement, and the nation prospered. The ways of the Shinobi, passed down in schools and in books, became irrelevant. Soon, it was not the upper class and the honorable that practiced Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu. These men partook in what made money, in what was relevant, business and trade. Even law enforcement began to rely on technology, rather than the hidden arts.

It came to be apparent that the Shinobi ways were now a form of combat used amongst criminals and scum. Like a plague, it distracted the progression of the Country. Then finally, in a decree heard around the world, Ninja Arts were banned. The teachers were removed from schools, erased from books, and purged from the land. In only a decade, the Shinobi became a thing of the past, doomed to be passed down in folklore, along with the Village it had once belonged to.

500 Years Ago, The Konoha Corporation
The Shinobi had long since been forgotten now, and in its place there were machinists and traders. The nation became the hub of technology, factories and power-plants now littered across its land. But not all was well, and a light trickle of conflicts once in a while along the border alerted the Governing Council that they had competition. For years now, the commerce of the Country struggled due to attacks from outside sources, and these sources used techniques they could not explain with their modern science. Those that believed in the existence of Shinobi, or those that knew such people existed beyond the borders of the Nation, understood what it was that they were against. 

During these hardships, a grim and crimson ray of hope came to light, and it originated from Konohagakure. The underworld of crime in the Fire Country had come under the grasp, over the years, of one large organization. This was referred to, by the people who had not come face to face with it, as the Yakuza. This Yakuza was a collection of families that had gone underground after the ban on Ninja Arts. And now, when their Nation needed a better defense than pure technology could provide, the Yakuza rose out of its slumber. Deploying its agents to the various routes where the most attacks and thefts were happening, the Yakuza single-handedly began solving the problem of security. The older generation was wary of this uprising, as they knew that even in providing safety, these agents were 'Shinobi', and thus they were criminals. But the younger generation, the youth and the children all loved their new-found guardians. 

A few years later, during the national elections, the first known member of this Yakuza found his seat in the Governing Council. In months, he swayed the public opinion of the Ninja Arts, and was able to convince the Council to not only lift its ban on the Ninja Arts, but to support it as it once had, so many years ago. As a result, the government recognized this Yakuza under its official name, the Konoha Corporation. Functioning out of the old Konohagakure, this Corporation quickly became the heart of the Country. As it was overseen by the government, no official 'head' was allowed to be appointed, and instead, the Corporation was run by the Governing Council. 

This saw the rise of the Ninja Arts once more, as the books and schools filled up quickly with the teachings that had long been forgotten. Soon, the older generation of citizens that had been wary of this Konoha Corporation grew irrelevant and quiet, while the new blood of the Fire Country began to acclimatize to once again having a Shinobi center.

Last Year, The Republic of Fire
Technology and the Ninja Arts thrived hand in hand. One complimented the other constantly, and power came in abundance. Konohagakure was rebuilt now, and had swiftly become the sight of attention that it had been a thousand years ago. Skyscrapers broke through the sky, the glint of metal and glass made one wonder if it had really been the sight of a disastrous flood.

Nearly five hundred years had passed since the rise of the Konoha Corporation, but up until now, it had been only a Shinobi center for the Country. But just last year, for the first time ever, every seat in the Governing Council had some link to the Corporation. Slowly but surely, the Corporation had grasped leadership, and in only a few months, it was ruled that the lands of the drowned Konohagakure, now known as Leaf City, would be the new Capital. Announcing the entirety of the country as a Shinobi Nation, Fire Country was replaced by the name: The Republic of Fire, known in short as the Fire Nation. Crime is at an all-time low, as the law is bolstered again by Shinobi Agents of Konoha Corporation. Life expectancy and average health both flourished due to Konoha Corporation's investments into the Medical field, sending a large portion of its Shinobi force into furthering the reaches of science. 

And in an act of defiance to the Goddess, the tallest building known to man was built atop the Mountain of old Konohagakure. It shot into the heavens, and served as the head-quarters of the Konoha Corporation's upper echelon. Lighting up the sky and clouds, it looks down onto the metropolis that is, Leaf City.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To his surprise, Yume would insist that it wasn’t a myth, and the way she turned and went back to looking for an interesting read made him Kiri smile for a bit. Somehow, he could almost imagine a frown on her face, but he would not say it out loud. He was simply basing it with his experience with kids, and Yume wasn’t exactly a child. So when she glanced back at him to declare it was real, Kiri knew better than to give up rather than to escalate it into a heated debate. Besides, he knew nothing of Leaf so he might as well listen carefully and experience it.

But so easily as that, the girl suddenly turned with a bright and cheery tone that left Kiri speechless. He supposed that if anything, the girl was really unpredictable, but he was glad she was helping him with learning more about Leaf’s history, even if it meant learning it from the perspective of those that were born and raised in Leaf. Quite interesting, he thought about it, since that meant that this was part of their foundational education– their perception of their world and life. Ah, but Yume does give her own disclaimer.

Without further ado, Yume would turn to get more books and stack them before Kiri. Instantly, Kiri would find himself holding a four large storybooks that were supposed to tell the evolution and development of Leaf. He would walk back to the table right next to the shelf and place the stack there as he continued to listen to Yume. He made a mental note that perhaps the civil war did create a generational gap, or worse, a lost generation, thus the current Leaf was definitely rising from the ashes, metaphorically speaking.

As she cited the clan names, Kiri made note of the Nara, though he was really hoping to hear about the Hasegawa. That, however, would not happen as Yume seemed to have fallen silent at the mention of Yamaguchi. Raising a brow, Kiri observed her reaction, recognising the anxiety. But she was quick to save her guise and mention about looking for an official register. It was there when Kiri felt that strange sensation once more. Letting his third eye open, not necessarily letting the beast’s chakra flow out of him, Kiri would heighten his senses and found an interesting play of chakra pulse along Yume.

“That’s rather convenient,” said Kiri as he followed behind Yume, whether he meant about an official register or the spirit that was guiding them, was not clearly pointed out. “I’m not really familiar with the prominent clans in Leaf, but I was hoping to learn of a certain Clan… well, they were rather ambiguous to begin with, preferring to stay out of the way of the village, staying in their own territory and minding their own. But of course, they were one of the biggest contributors of trained and dangerous shinobi to the country, especially in earlier wars. Perhaps… you’ve heard of the Hasegawa Clan?”

His tone was normal despite the building anxiety.

WC: 514

[Tutor ends. Normal Thread from here.]

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh... That's an old name, isn't it?" she replied offhandedly, following the guide. The anxiety in Kiri's voice was missed on her--and even if she realised, they had stopped in the reference area of the library. Public information about the village was available here: law books, business addresses, and of course the clan name register to name a few. Her eyes trailed upwards to one of the higher shelves, noting the ominous glow surrounding it through her demon eyes.

"Hmm... I can't reach that," she said. Luckily for both of them, Yume didn't have to pull a muscle trying to reach the book and Kiri didn't have to lift a finger to help. The book seemingly fell out of the shelf, leaving Yume to react quickly and catch it.

"Phew!"

Let's have a look through. She flipped through the index, looking for the Hasegawa name until it came across on her fingertip. "Hasegawa... Hasegawa... Written as long valley river? Hope that's the right one."

Skimming through the short line, Yume then shut the book and handed to Kiri. She smiled. "You won't find extensive information here--it's just an index of clan names and what owned land they registered. They should have an estate in the clan housing district... But I don't think I've never met a Hasegawa."

She realised how saddening that might have sounded to Kiri and she quickly added on, "Well, Leaf Village is a big place anyway!"

The meeting together didn't last much longer however, as news of her fainting finally spread to the proper channels. The library entrance opened to reveal the medic Kiri was familiar with a few days ago. Yume peered over the balcony to look down to the first floor, seeing Yuri stare back up at her, unimpressed and with her hands on her hips. Yume grinned sheepishly.

"Ahh... I've been caught," she simpered. Straightening up, the idol bounded to Kiri with a smile, apologetic at the same time. "Yuri's here to take me home. I hope that helps a little. Maybe you can check out the clan housing district."

Leaving him with a brief hug, Yume thanked him for taking care of her when she fainted, and hopped over the ledge to land down at the ground floor below. The sounds of Yuri's scolding was almost immediate.

[Topic left unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back