Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Occult [Katsumi / Modded]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One of the refugees, a former shinobi allegedly from Kirigakure, was summoned by the Iwagakurian government to handle one of their missions, as per the general agreement for taking refuge within their city -- that those who are still able-bodied would be provided with assistance in settling, along with compensation and needed resources to survive. Two others were summoned to join in this mission, in addition to the refugee, one another traveler from Konohagakure, and one a native to Iwa. We'll get to the other two a bit later.

The shinobi was provided with a notice early morning, alerting him only that he had to come to the Embassy for a debriefing at sunrise. Assuming Katsumi had awoken when he got the letter, he would have four hours to prepare and arrive. The room at the Embassy he'd go to was a small one: it was a carved-in conference room known as the "Office" -- as it was the only one -- which was able to easily fit five or so people and provide them with ample room to move around within.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It saddened the Mist refugee to no end. He would be taking part in a mission for a village that he didn't see as his own. He wrapped his scarf a little more tightly around his throat. He'd gotten used to wearing one in Mist and the habit just crossed over. It was also handy in covering up his scar. Skimming over the brief letter once more, he noted that all it said was that he had to come to the Embassy. "Hm...No explanations...no nothing. Not even directions? Heh. Maybe it's a test of some kind. I really hope I don't get lost." He would also just love to know what exactly he was doing...who he would be working with - if anybody. In truth, he'd refined himself in such a way that he excelled in solo work. He was fast, and most of the time...invisible. Even his weapon of choice was invisible. He was a shadow. However, in team fights he enjoyed being the one to fall back and aid his teammates. Katsumi's love of speed aided him in his exceptional ability to dodge. He used this to his advantage every chance he got.

Luckily, thanks to Katsumi's sharp observational skills and....his ability to ask for directions....he made it to the Embassy. He did indeed wear the Stone headband...but as always, his beloved Mist headband was wrapped around his arm. For a mission though, he had it underneath his clothes. But it should be obvious that he's from Mist just because of how he acts. Perhaps his movements give it away. But something about him just screams he's not from Stone. He looked up at Embassy, sighing a little as he entered. He glanced at the note one last time to figure out what room he was supposed to be in, and found his way into the small area. I mean it was pretty obvious since it had "Office" plastered right on the door..but he just wanted to make sure.

Once inside, he bows to whoever could be there, introducing himself immediately. "Hello...my name is Agatsuma Katsumi, a refugee from Mist." However, if no one was there yet, he would wait patiently and introduce himself once someone came along.

[Mission Entered]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Three others had already occupied the room once Katsumi arrived. A stern woman whose stare focused onto the former-Mist ANBU with deadly precision. Her arms was on other side of the table immediately before her, holding the edges of what looked like an old map. She didn't say anything yet; if one had to guess, she was the one debriefing the mission for the others. The two others were much younger -- younger than Katsumi by five or so years. They were in the prime of their youth, and were making a name for themselves in the world of shinobi. The two kids were on either side of the woman and seemed more focused on the map rather than their third teammate. The one on the left was a rather bulky male, aged somewhere around sixteen. He looked more like the "brawn" and less as the "brains," while the other appeared just the opposite. The other guy was a bit older -- maybe eighteen or so -- and was rather slender. He might be able to fight, but his appearance didn't make it obvious to whether he could or not.

"It appears as though we finally have a completed team," the woman began, her tone much less piercing than her stare. "Manda, Rain, you will be working with him," she'd nod over to Katsumi without much less care about her. "Here's the mission: a cult based from Maruishi has began acting out in a dangerous manner. They have stolen a Shaman talisman from the Temple of Five here in Iwagakure -- I am not at liberty to discuss the item; Rain will be able to properly identify it -- and brought it back to their clan house in Maruishi. Return the talisman and apprehend the clan members as needed without bringing attention to this matter. Their home is located here," the debrief-er points to a location in Maruishi on a street rather close to where the daimyo's palace is. Security should be tighter there, which might make staying discreet more difficult.

"I'm sure you see the difficulties with the location, so none of you will be in your guise as a Guardian. You will be acting as Main Branch jounin acting as carriers bringing a message to the clan. If you are apprehended by the daimyo's security, say you have a message from the Five, stating 'the Eye was removed.'" After that, she left. Not another word for her to be said. One might assume that's how missions go here: you're told what you have to do and you're left to do it.

[Manda and Rain are in your control, however, I will be dictating what they say and any actions required to continue the mission story.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Katsumi paled under the woman's rather harsh stare. He rubbed the back of his head with a somewhat shy smile, trying to play it off like he wasn't terrified of her. "Ah...this is very welcoming..." He noticed his teammates were completely ignoring him and focused on the map. "Now now...that's a bad start...we have to work together in this...whatever this is." And it was soon that Katsumi would find out what exactly this mission entailed. "Who would steal from a shrine?" The ANBU listened passively, glancing over at Rain when she was mentioned. "Ah...who is he exactly? Part of the shrine? I guess I'm not even allowed to ask..." They were dealing with a theft and needed to bring the item back but keep it hush hush. Sounds like his kind of mission.

When the woman left, he walked over to the table, peering down at the map. "Now...I don't plan on getting caught but if we do...just keep calm and let me do the talking. Okay? Also..." He paused, straightening from his hunched position, and placing a hand on his hip. "We should get to know each others abilities before we head out. We can make plans easier that way in case we get in a pinch. Now...I specialize in sword based Taijutsu. However...I am also proficient in Genjutsu." Katsumi paused to listen to anything the other two had to say before he headed out the door with Manda and Rain.

"In...out. Quick...and don't draw attention. This shouldn't be too hard...Let's go." He had memorized the map. It was ingrained in his brain, to be pulled out whenever necessary. Katsumi decided it would be best to travel with the crowds and to blend in as much as possible until they were close to the cult's location. Once close by though, it would be time to try and sneak in once the area was surveyed.

[MFT: 315]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The one named Manda looked at Katsumi passively before returning his attention to the map for a moment. Was she really asking what was their abilities? They were a team long before she even knew this hunk of dirt had people on it. These two managed how many missions now? More than Manda could think of, but Rain could certainly pull that number from his subconscious if it had any importance. Iwagakure thought it a good idea to end a good thing by adding this foreigner to the team, a stupid mistake on their part. They would get it done, but it wouldn't be to their likely liking, after all, they had a newcomer to account for.

"Manda. Anywhere there's a shadow, I can be. That," he'd motion with his head, " is Rain. He's good at everything. Listen to him and you might not fuck up. Ready?" So the guy was good with illusions. Big deal; he should be working with at the temple doing all that laughable "healing" voodoo magic they did and were so proud of rather than getting in the way of a real mission like this. Without any more exchanging of words, they all left. From the Embassy to the Sky Fall cliff, and from the Sky Fall cliff into the city of Maruishi. It was here that the real mission began; Katsumi wanted to scout the area, the two agreed to it. They pushed their way through the normal crowd of people and were closing in on the building. It would be some time to get there, even more time if you didn't want to be noticed. For now, they traveled.

[Sorry for the delay on the mod. Modded Manda/Rain interacting with you. You're in Maruishi now, and you're making your way to the target building. Don't do anything that will get you noticed or else you'll be in trouble. The mod isn't taking any jab at you, BTW, its just showing how Rain/Manda feel about a new person in their team. Oh, you're not getting to the target building in the next post.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back