Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Oh so You're Kino.. (Yes Open)

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino held his scroll in his hand, looking at the surrounding forest around him. He held the scroll out, casting the hand signs required for his summoning, and braced himself for whatever was to come. He had isolated himself far enough away, he was certain that at the bare minimum at least he wouldn't attract attention. He knew he wasn't allowed in here, let alone as deep as he was, but he wanted to meet this dragon he had so foolishly allowed himself to become cursed for. He knew that the other dragon was massive and clearly a formidable opponent, so if that were the case for his own he'd certainly need to maintain composure on it's arrival.

There was a clouded flash from the scroll, and then... nothing. Kino stood confused and looked at the parchment, he was certain he had done everything correctly so why nothing had happened was beyond him. He stood taking a look around when the sudden rush of wind nearly knocked him on his backside. He turned quickly but nothing was within sight, then from the perfectly clear skies above fell the first rain drops of many that were to come. Soon enough it was a steady rain, isolated on the forest of death itself, while not a cloud was in the sky. Kino stood in awe as he watched the rain and felt it drenching his clothing.
f38846945238056d1e5eec49c523c4bc.jpeg

"Ehhhh hemmm" A raspy feminine voice came out of the wood behind him, "You uh.. must be that Kino kid right?"

Kino turned just in time to see her standing, waiting for his response. He looked a mix of confused and honestly lost in that moment. It was a dragon yes, but by all accounts it was not something he'd have bet his life for any day of the week.

"Uhh.. You speak human right? I'm not just making this stuff up here.. Are you broken? Is that like the thing you need fixed because they have places for that, not dragons."

"You're.. You're.."

"Impressive? Majestic? Rad as hell? What kid spit it out?"

"Not what I had expected.."

"And you're a bag of potatoes with arms.. guess we're both disapointed here.. Jeez kid you really are the conversationalist ain't ya?"

Kino looked at the sky then her, "Are you making it rain?"

She laughed, "Uhhh.. DUH DOY. Who else would be? that giant centipede? Don't think so."

Kino walked up and held out his hand to her, "Tanatsu Kino, nice to meet you. I think we are going to get along."

She heartily shook his hand moving his whole upper body with him "Me too kid, say.. You know where we could get some pork belly I'm starved."

[WC 444]
[MFT]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Today would count as Mitsuha's first time in the Forest of Death outside of her academy days. Originally, she was here to just train, but... It suddenly started to rain. Shaking her head, she would head back. That is, until she heard some voices. She kind of recognized the boy. Kino was it? She then saw what he was talking to. A dragon. She would raise an eyebrow as she knew of only one other person who has been graced by dragons to form a contract with. Herself and Ayeka. Though both of them are technically draconic in their own rights as well. She hasn't sensed anything of the sort with Kino.

She took a sigh and stepped into the clearing, hands in her own jacket pocket. "Hey." She would say plainly to get their attention. She wondered if that dragon he is talking to can feel that Mitsuha has a heart of a dragon, and further, if it feels that it is from a black dragon no less. "I understand the secrecy given this... situation Kino." She would say, "But I don't recall you being of Chunin rank yet to brave the Forest of Death by yourself." Sighing, she would then say, "Just as long as you're accompanied by a chunin or higher rank, you should be good though." She would remember the laws regarding the Forest of Death. This would signify that she is letting this slide as long as he stays within her eyesight.

Mitsuha would look up at the majestic dragon and nod to it, not really knowing what to say to it.

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino would look wide eye at Mitsuha, but before he could speak the dragon was already invading her personal space. "Oooo you're a funny looking dragon.. what's your deal then? I like playing human too but I never look this good. Is it make up? Jutsu? What is it?" She was examining Mitsuha over as she spoke, he eyes focused on every detail. While rain began to increase more again, her smile grew as she watched the woman.

"No, uh.. I'm sorry Mitsuha I uh.. I didn't know a good place to do this other than here." Kino said as he sighed. "But, this is Nagari, my dragon contract.. she's.. odd"

The dragon stood up and crossed its arms, "to you, to me I'm normal and your odd bobino.. "

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Old habits die hard they say. Mitsuha would warp away from the dragon once it got into her personal space, only to warp right next to Kino. She would sigh before saying, "I'm not really a dragon. But... It's
e9a7a2cb-ecf3-455f-a851-50efb169a408.webp
complicated. Long story short, I had saved a black dragon from some poachers, and it gave me its heart. And because of that..."

Her form would change. She would signify as a black dragon human hybrid as she would grow wings, horns, a tail, and some scales over her body. Her eyes would change from a gold yellow to amethyst purple. She would be a few inches taller in this transformation. "I'm what they call a Dragonheart."

She would sigh before saying, "Next time if you want to go to the Forest of Death, ask me and I'll accompany you. As for if you want to do any secret stuff. Don't resort always to this place. If the wrong person catches you here, they probably won't be lenient. Maybe try the Valley of the End next time. That's where I met another dragon and formed a contract with dragon kind."

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Nagari smiled and let out a low, "oooooo, okay okay. Super cool honestly, interesting look.. dig the whole edgy vibe you know?"

Kino rolled his eyes at Nagari but then also was a little dumbstruck by the shift in appearance by Mitsuha. He looked between them and listened to what Mitsuha had to say in this scenario, "I will ask next time.. seems I should have from the start then.. I honestly have sorta forgotten myself lately, sorry."

Nagari looked over "Oh because of the whole," she made a hissing noise while tapping her neck, "thing?"

"Nagari!"

"What, she's a dragon like she cares about what you have for skills, she'd kick your butt either way." Nagari crossed her arms and looked to Mitsuha, "Kids am I right?"

Kino pinched the bridge of their nose while Nagari spoke, having nothing but annoyance with this dragon at this point. He knew it was different but this was ridiculous in his eyes.

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha would raise an eyebrow when Nagiri would say that she has an 'edgy' vibe. She would respond with, "Wasn't really going with any specific 'vibe'. Just that this feels the most right when I do inevitably get dragged into a fight."

She would nod to what Kino had to say, thinking that would be the end of it, but it was in fact, not the end of it, as his dragon summon indicated that there was something on Kino's neck. She would let out a sigh, if this is something serious, then she will definitely need to bring it up to some other people, but if it is something small, then there should be no worries about it. "Let me see your neck." She would say plainly. She would not say it in any type of flirtatious manner, but more like she was getting ready to inspect a weapon cleaning. "Experience is what he'll need." She would reply to the dragon, "Experience will mean he will know how to balance his strength, technique, and speed all the while manifesting his chakra in the right time."

Mitsuha would wait for Kino to show her what was so bad on his neck that he was making a fuss over. She swears, if it is something disgusting, then she just might call a mednin to take care of the situation.

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino would gently elbow Nagari, who would sigh. "Well if you wanted me to keep it a secret should've worn a turtle neck."

Kino turned his neck and showed his very clear curse mark. He was clearly aware of what it was and also very obviously wore a look of shame when showing it. Contrary to some who obtain this marking, Kino was obviously not happy to have received it. "Happy? I am working on it, so please.. just keep it between us." He turned back to face the pair.

"I don't see what the big deal is, when I got told about all this magicy venom stuff, it seems pretty simple to me. Don't use it and you're fine right?" Nagari laughed it off.

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Upon seeing the cursed seal, Mitsuha would let out another sigh thinking things through before she would sit down on a nearby log. She would pat the spot next to her, inviting him to sit next to her. Whether he does or not, she would go on to say, "It is just another tool in your arsenal. You just need to know how to use it correctly."

She would pause before going on to speak more. "You're sweet and innocent." She would say plainly and straightforward. "Just like my friend Otakemaru. And just like him, you bear the cursed mark. But the similarities stop there. I have not seen nor hear him mope about having a cursed seal. He has taken any advantage he has to disprove what people think he should be. He was one of the people that stood up for me when a perv was bothering me. And it is because of your sweet and innocent nature that you feel unsure of using this power."

She would shrug before saying, "Ultimately, it is your decision if you want to hone it or not. Because perception..." She would grab a stick and write the number six into the ground. Once she did that, she would stand up and walk to the other side of the six so now that it looks like a nine, "Is everything." She would go and sit back down and say, "But don't worry, I'll keep this a secret for you."

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"right, no I.. That's.. Okay" Kino stumbled through his words as he was surprised but also happy to hear that he could be trusted to figure it out.

"JEEEEEEZZZZZ you sound worse than you did in that class with the uchiha girl" Nagari let out with a snicker.

"NAGARI!" Kino let out with his cheeks reddening, "I didn't even know you then what the hell?!"

pfffffttttt she exclaimed while waving him off "We keep tabs, besides I like playing people and what better way to practice than spying. Anyway thanks for telling him to get his stuff in a row, if I had said it he'd just be complaining like he is now"

Kino nodded, "Ya, actually.. Thanks Mitsuha, once again you show up exactly when I need to talk. You seem to have an act for that."

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
She would watch the interaction between Kino and his dragon until it got to the part where they were talking about Kino acting around an Uchiha girl. "Oh, so you ARE having girl problems." She would muse, giving him a smile, teasing him.

Going quiet again, she would listen to how Kino was thankful for her showing up at just the right time. She would shrug, "Eh, I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."

She would take a step back and perform some hand seals, placing a hand on the ground. "As I have said before, I have also made a pact with dragon kind. I'd like you both to meet Rix." Smoke would poof into
dg1lb3w-b849d2fe-6658-43cf-8100-e4af3703b9eb.png
existence and they would see a purple dragon standing a just short of how tall Nagiri is, though he is on four legs rather than two. If he was on his hind legs, then no doubt he would be just as tall as the other dragon.

"Whoa!" He would look around. "Um... Mitsuha? Is it really wise to have me here in the presence of others?" Rix would ask warily.

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino's reaction to her saying this would only be reddening of his face, while he wasn't really sure what Nagari was referring to he did feel embarrassed about it. Maybe he had more problem there than he realized, but either way this was not the time or place. He looked over as the contract summon jutsu was performed, turning his full attention to the new dragon that had arrived. "Wait why wouldn't it be a good idea? Aren't dragons the same as any other contract?"

Nagari tilted her head at the other dragon, she had only ever known river dragons and seeing this subset of her kind was throwing her through a loop. "Uhhhhh As far as I knew ya.. but I'm no expert on any of the rules so maybe not?" She looked back and forth between the two parties opposite her and Kino, "Uh, I'm Nagari.. Nice to meet you rix." Her smile was large and almost seemed to pull her face a bit too far. She extended her hand out to rix and then looked down, realizing what she was doing made her embarrassed and a bit awkard, "Oh uh.. Sorry my bad."

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The conversation went on to Rix's existence and what he had said. He really threw her into a loop having to figure out how to explain this to Kino and Nagiri. She only knows as much as Rix had told her. "On paper, yeah. But from how Rix had explained it to me, it is... Complicated to say the least. Black dragons are said to be the more evil type of dragons. Rix here is a rare type of black dragon. Born with purple scales that have thrown off older black dragons who actively hunt others of their own kind, especially the young. Other dragons tend to stay away from black dragons with how dangerous that they can be. Most of the times, black dragons view killing as a sport at best, and at worst, think of others as invading their territory or threatening them with power."

Actually going into explaining it as a whole, she just now remembered that her preferred draconic form, or rather half form, is that of a black dragon. And she gotten the dragon heart powers from a black dragon. She wondered if this was all some elaborate plan that she is unknowingly in or if this is all just some weird coincidence.

Rix, still a bit wary went on and said, "Yeah, the rest of my kind aren't that good."

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino nodded in sync with Nagari in understanding, the pair soaking in the information that was presented to them. Nagari was naturally the first to speak, "So what you're saying is people accept certain dragons, but bla... Kino wait a second what color was the dragon that guy had."

Kino nodded without saying anything. He knew what Nagari was getting at but he figured enough of this conversation had been shared already, he didn't need to spill every detail to Mitsuha or Rix for that matter. "Leave it, So I'm sorry that's the case Rix. Seems rather unfortunate to be judged by the actions of others and not your own, I hope that we can change that in the future." Kino's words carried a genuine sorrow to them, he knew that sort of thing existed but it didn't mean he was happy with it. His heart was heavy at the concept that Rix and Mitsuha couldn't just enjoy the normal amount of interaction between contracts and their summoner.

He drifted back to thinking of the day he had met the massive creature and cursed seal user, the coloration of the dragon, the nature of its words. Everything made sense now, but he wished that the conversation had happened earlier. Either way, he's learned what he has and will choose what he will to continue. Now, he just needed to control it, or seal it away. He was going to keep it as a reminder of why he needed to mature, a action that in itself proved he had since that time.

Nagari looked back to the others, "So, you uh.. you seem to help him a lot huh? You like his sister or mom or something?"

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha would sigh, "It's not really the humans that Rix worries about. But more so the other dragons. Especially the black dragons." Her mind would drift off to think about how this whole dragon situation could mean. Black dragons are naturally evil, but Rix is one just trying to survive. And given the recent rise of dragons, there is much that they all don't know about how these dragons operate. She only is going off of information that Rix had shared with her about his species of dragons. No doubt Kino is doing the same thing with Nagisa.

She raised an eyebrow as Nagisa spoke about another who had a dragon, and Kino had told her to keep quiet on the matter, but she didn't push on the matter. Her focus went back to Kino's dragon as it asked her if she was Kino's sister or mother. She would shake her head and say, "I'm too young to be his mother. As for sister, we aren't related in any way. Today is the second day ever I have known him and helped him out." She shrugged and continued, "If I had met him when I was younger, it would have been an entirely different story. But I have changed for the better. Still kind of learning to be sociable, and just focusing on the task at hand, of helping people helps me be sociable."

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Nagari nodded along with the information, her information on the socio-political climate of dragons was a little more out of sync than she had originally relaized. She had spent far more time than she had first thought in that cage, so maybe she was putting herself more in the know just by being in this conversation.

Kino sighed "Well thank you, next time I will make sure to get in touch before I pursue the woods. I should probably get going, but.. Thanks again Mitsuha. You've been nothing but helpful."

Nagari would nod, "Nice to meet you both, Love those horns rix." She took off after Kino as they made their way out of the forest.
[topic left unless stopped.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back