Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

On A Horse With No Name - Free RP

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well, there was this to say for Sand, when they named it they certainly weren't kidding around about their name. The sun was thankfully beyond the edge of the horizon and the moon just beginning to peek from the opposite side of the sky; something that should have been met with joy but as the tempurature kept going down Osore merely chalked this up to another reason people didn't typically live in the desert. His armor was doing an adequate job of keeping him shielded from the cold unlike the heat, and the camel walking beside him seemed to care less. It apparently knew just where it was, and that was in a desert it had been born and raised in. Osore wished he had that kind of security of mind in this place because he was beginning to wonder if he was still in the same desert, he couldn't fathom something this endless and full of.....sand.

As he tops another of the endless dunes of this place, the armored giant finally just stops. This was getting him nowhere. Here he was, unable to figure out how to get back to Sand, lost in a desert that seemed to go on forever. And knowing his luck his 'straight line' walking was actually pulling to the left because human anatomy is a pain and causes weird things like that to happen. Osore takes a seat right there in the sand and then falls onto his back and looks up at the darkening sky. The camel stands still for a moment, then spits on him. This day was getting better and better. His helmeted head turns to the beast and for a moment he's tempted to give it one of his old grunts, from before he could talk.

Instead he focuses on one of the water bottles it was carrying. His cousin used to be able to pull tricks with kinetic chakra, and Osore was naturally able to use those also. Perhaps he could learn that level of control? He was more of a physical fighter than Hoshikata had been, but even a poorly trained shinobi could use ninjutsu and Osore was not poorly trained. The water bottle begins to rise slowly off the camel, wobbling as it floated over to him. And then upends on him and falls.

Checklist time.
  • Stuck in the desert.
  • Lost.
  • Drenched in water.
  • Out of water.
  • Camel spit.

Well, perhaps a rest would do him some good after all.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
How she had managed to retrieve a sand runner was a miracle. Not only had she been required to get it running again (thank Mother Suna for mechanic friends); she had also been required to treat the owner's daughter who had pneumonia. After a much needed shower, she had slipped on the protective jumpsuit and set out into the Maelstrom. About six miles from the village gate, she saw a camel standing in the sand. The animal was looking down at a form in the sand. Despite just how tired she was feeling, she stopped her vehicle and dashed over to the man. He was wearing a suit of armor somewhat like Sousuke's.

Kimi gently tapped the visor to see if the person was awake. If they didn't wake up, she'd probably just pack him onto the runner with his gear and run them over to the gates. However that would depend completely on the stranger. She had water in the runner, thankfully an enclosed model.

Her tired voice inquired, "Hey there, you alright? Trying to get to Suna? You're closer than you think. I could give you a lift if you would like. I'm on the way back myself." Regardless if he was looking at her or not, she would give him a kind smile, hopefully not showing just how shaky she was. With every movement she could still feel the ache of recently healed bones and bruises, but she wouldn't allow her "bedside" manner to slip.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A sound was approaching, something he'd not heard before. The camel didn't seem too disturbed by it so Osore paid it no mind and kept looking up at the sky above him, eyes picking out the pattenrs in the stars and connecting constellations that only a month ago he had no idea even existed. Something was going on with him, something to the core of his being was changing in odd ways. He was well familiar with the concept of a cursed blessing and had little doubt this was such.

The sound stopped, and a figure wearing a jumpsuit ran up and tapped on his helmet's visor. His head turns to it and rises to a sitting position to look at them better. And then she spoke. Tired sounding, but smiling. She mentioned how close the village was, and she seemed to be interested in making sure he was okay. He looks from her to the camel, who is currently chewing on something that he didn't remember giving it, then back to the woman and nods, rising up to his feet.

A full stature Osore in his armor was normally imposing, but for the moment he wasn't trying to be. Still, it was hard to hide eight feet and such a large mass, the armor actually made things worse in regards to not scaring most people.

”I am indeed heading for Suna. I was told this camel knew the way, by the same guy who told me to only bring a bottle of water. So I brought four, and if I hadn't I have no doubt this animal would be heading back to that same guy and I'd be sitting in the sun baking.” He looks back to the camel who was still chewing something. ”Glad to hear I'm not far. Tell me, what is that machine? I've never seen such a thing.”

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi followed Osore's eyes over to the camel. When she noticed that it had found something to eat, she couldn't help but roll her eyes. Camels were so annoying sometimes. She was ever so glad when the sand runners had been created, they were so much faster than a giant beast of burden.

Her tired amethyst eyes widened minutely when she saw just how tall the man was. He was certainly one of the tallest people she had ever seen. She even thought about dragging Osore around with her to measure him against a few people, namely Sousuke in his armor. An unconscious quip issued forth from her mouth, "Wow, you're tall."

Whoever he bought his camel from was likely a con-man type. The camel may have known the way, but it had apparently started heading off alongside the border. And only taking four bottles of water while riding a camel? She almost wanted to find the man and punch him in the face. Kimi tisked softly and said, "Whoever you got the camel from was either a con-man or an idiot. A camel is very much slower than a runner. That's what the machine is, by the way. It's called a sand runner. They are amazing feats of transportation. Not many people use them, but for quick trips to Soon's Haven and back, they are king. This one is mine until I decide to sell it.

"I have some food and water if you need it. We're about six miles from Suna's entrance. On the runner it would take about fifteen minutes. On the camel, however, it would probably take around an hour or two. For all your height, you and I will fit comfortably. We should at least get out of the sun before you start to bake to death in your armor. What do'ya think?"

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He smirks under his helmet at the comment on his height, wondering if he would ever get used to people being amazed at it. Sometimes it was useful, most of the time it was just the way life went for him. Considering what put him in the armor, it was amazing his body grew the way it did. Amazing and suspicious considering the severe reversal his health took once he went off his medications. A white gauntleted hand rises to intercept as the camel spits at the woman.

”I agree, quite amazing. And if they can go that fast I think I'll take you up on your offer. Pretty sure this stubborn thing can find his own way back to wherever he's going without help.” It would be an odd sight, seeing him react to the instinct to bow. He had no idea where it came from, and would stiffen before moving a muscle. He had to figure out what was going on in his head, and fast. Perhaps someone in Sand could help.

He reaches up and runs his fingers along the sides of his helmet, clicks issuing as he releases hidden snaps and pulls it off. Under it was a strong face, with long hair that couldn't seem to tell if it was light blue or white and a well trimmed moustache and beard . His eyes shone a golden color briefly as the light hit them, but almost immediately went to a crystal blue and stayed there.

”I am Isaki Osore, by the way. I hail from the lands of Mist. Well...Moon now. Mist is currently colder than the south pole.”

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With a nod in Osore's direction, Kimi walked over to the camel and turned it in the opposite direction. She struck it sharply on the posterior with a sharp, "Hut, hut!" The beast groaned and started running back toward his owner. Kimi rolled her eyes once more and turned back to the giant of a man just in time to catch him taking off his helmet.

He cut a very manly figure, but even more so once his mask was off. She wasn't sure if she had ever seen someone with such white hair. Forcing herself not to stare, she walked over to him and started heading toward the runner.

"Well then, Isaki Osore, it is nice to meet you. I'm terribly sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner. My name's Nekozuka Kimi from the Village Hidden in the Sands, also known as Suna. Don't be too surprised once we get inside. We're working on rebuilding parts of our village."

Kimi waved him on toward the runner and moved some things around on the inside to make a little more room. "You wouldn't happen to have a sealing scroll, would you? Some of this stuff could take up much less room packed in one of those. We'd best be off before another storm blows in. There's a reason why most traveling to Suna have to wear armor like yours. The Maelstrom can be quite dangerous for the unprepared."

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Osore watches as the beast runs off and resists the urge to kick it himself to move it along. It wasn't the camel's fault that its owner was a conman, though it was the camel's fault that it was a tempermental ball of rage and disappointment. He instead clips the helmet to the side of his armor and takes a deep breath, looking around at the Maelstrom. His armor wasn't complete protection against it, but it certainly was better than what most of the people were telling him to take back in the village.

”I'm afraid not, I tend to travel light. I can henge into a slightly smaller form if it helps, or.....” Osore walks over to the runner and looks inside at the items needing to be moved. Anything small enough he would simply secret into his armor in the numerous hidden comparments built into it. The arms, for instance, could snap open to reveal room for where he would normally keep flechettes. All of those pockets were empty now, so he would fit as much in as he could before stepping back once more and concentrating his chakra.

With a puff of smoke a slightly smaller version of himself is there. The same mass, but now in a smaller form. ”Well, I can't say it's the best help but this is what I've got.”

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi couldn't help but stare as Osore tucked the things from the interior into what she could only describe as pouches in his armor. He then henged into a smaller version of himself. While it wasn't much, the difference in height would make all the difference in comfort. She smiled at him once more and had to stifle a small yawn that showed of her slightly elongated canine teeth.

"No matter. It will help. Believe me, it will help."

The Nekozuka heir clambered into the vehicle and slid as far forward as she could. She then beckoned him. "Come on then, Isaki-san. We'd best be off."
Once he was in the vehicle, she would start it up and pull the door shut. "This won't take long, I just hope you aren't at all claustrophobic. Though, with a suit of armor like that, you'd have to not be."

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He tilts his head slightly as she yawns, noting the long teeth revealed by the action. Well, he'd seen much in his life as a shinobi, this was far from the weirdest. This didn't even make the top ten. Instead of saying anything, he merely smiles and follows her to the vehicle, sliding into the seat and watching as she gets it going and closes them in what could be described by some as a mechanical death trap in the making.

She mentions his armor in regards to claustrophobia, getting it completely wrong but not in a bad way. While it was true his body was shut up in the armor, for someone who lived as long as he did in his the suit was less confining and more like a part of him. His brain automatically adjusted to wearing it like most people would adjust to their clothes. ”Thankfully I'm not. If I were, this would certainly set off a panic attack though. I wonder if any of these would be up for sale...” He knew the clan would be interested, something that could ease shipping of goods in desert regions would be a boon to their economic standing.

”So, judging from your being from Sunagakure and being alone in the desert I'm going to guess you're a kunoichi?”

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She set the runner racing over dunes and through gullies, setting the most direct course for Suna possible. In all, it should only take them a couple minutes to get to the gates. Kimi was ever so grateful that her current companion was not at risk for a panic attack. She herself was feeling a mite confined with the addition of another body, but she knew that she would be okay. At least the runner had ventilation, unlike the suitcase in which she had recently resided. Just the thought of her kidnapping made her eyes flash a momentary sapphire.

"They might be, it would depend on who you ask and such. I would steer fairly clear of Soon's Haven for a while though. There was an incident recently and I'm not so sure how welcoming they'd be to shinobi types. And anyone in armor like yours would be regarded as such, unfortunately." She kept her eyes on the sand, every once in a while checking the position of the sun to make sure she was headed in the correct direction.

”So, judging from your being from Sunagakure and being alone in the desert I'm going to guess you're a kunoichi?” he asked.

She chuckled a bit before answering. "Yeah, I am. I'm a medic mostly, but still an able kunoichi." She trailed off into a mumble that only one with incredible hearing could properly decipher. "Still didn't stop me from being caught off guard and kidnapped though did it." Kimi revved the runner, pushing it to go a little faster. A few more moments and the gates would be in sight.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Considering the state of things, he was quite certain that the incident involved a rogue ninja. As they sped along the sands and he tried to pretend that he wasn't impressed by this marvel he thought back to his visit to the city and gives a chuckle. ”They welcomed me readily enough when they realized I've coin the spend. Apparently they thought I was a fool and they could part me from it with ease.” It was one explanation, but it was also the best to fit what she was saying. A guy arrives on an ocean liner with an entourage and proceeds to buy guides and camels aplenty....most would make room for that kind of opulence. Was this why his cousin always showed off the clan's wealth?

He ignores her mumble, partially because he didn't catch most of it and partially because if she wanted him to she'd have spoken louder. ”Mednin? I've been seeing a lot more of those than usual lately. I guess all of the kiddies fresh out of class are figuring that if they learn how to heal themselves or others it'll make life easier for all.” His eyes roam around him as they speak, taking in the sights.

”I was a medic for Mist before it....well before things went south for the country. It sounds like Sunagakure could use some extra hands in that regard.”

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi couldn't help but laugh softly when Osore quipped about the greed of the Soon's residence. "Yeah, flashing money around can get you a lot of things over there. It might help improve their mood if the ninja involved did the same thing, helping with damages and all, but oh well." Her own clan wealth would hardly be dented if she paid for some of the damages "she" caused. However, she couldn't care less for the specific clan compound. After all, going there only opened her eyes to the greed of some people. She clenched her teeth, forcing down the surge of anger. Just wait until she reported back to Sousuke. She could only imagine how he will react.

"Yeah, I think that's why a lot of people at least do combat medicine. Saving someone's life can be just as rewarding and important as fighting. Not everyone can be in the ANBU core or Main Branch after all. Right now any help would be welcome, so long as you don't try anything stupid while you're in the village."

She remained silent for a while, just focusing on the direction of travel. Three minutes later, she began slowing as the gates started to come into view. A smooth turn and they headed into the tunnel for runners. She pulled it into the garage labeled Nekozuka and pressed a button, alerting her clan to her return. The engine turned off and the cover retracted over their heads. Reaching behind her, she opened up the door. Kimi climbed out and fetched a satchel.

"Alright, the things in your armor should fit in this. You can keep one of the water bottles if you want." She gestured to him with he satchel in her hand hoping for him to take it. If he did quickly, then she would turn away for a moment. If not, the bag would be flying up in the air as Kimi was tackled by two tigers.

"Kimi! Kimi! Our Kimi's home!" Kora, the tiger with a blue collar said. Katsu, her twin sister with a red collar, licked Kimi's face. "Were ever so worried about our Kimi." Kimi just giggled and came to life. Even though her eyes still showed how tired she was, her smile belied that fact. She hugged her two girls tightly together before standing up and lifting them into her arms for a few moments. "Oh my girls. I'm so sorry. The trip was certainly not planned." The tigers nuzzled her gently, knowing instinctively that the Nekozuka was nearing exhaustion.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Her laugh was a pleasant break from the conversation, something other than words that lightened the atmosphere as they neared the destruction that was Sunagakure. He remembered how it looked, like a massive explosion had simply ripped the place apart. It looked like hell. Perhaps he could do some good while he was here, help people. It was certainly better than just sitting on his ass and watching them try to do it alone.

”I got into it because my family made it. I stayed in it because I realized I was good at it. Better than my cousin, even. Not as good as my brother though, I swear he could bring the dead back to life if he put his mind to it.” Tenken was certainly gifted at healing. It annoyed their father to no end when he quit ANBU to become a mednin, but even Youkai had to admit that Tenken as a medic was a far greater asset to the clan than as an ANBU.

As they enter a tunnel into the city, Osore begins to pay more attention to their surroundings. He hadn't noticed this entrance before, and then he saw the label Nekozuka and that simply confused the man. He knew of Inuzuka of course, the people with a deep bond with their dogs that bordered on a relationship in his mind. But cats?

He exits the runner right behind Kimi, and begins to remove items from his armor as she holds out a satchel. And then he was dropping everything as tigers leaps upon her. Osore takes up a fighting stance and slaps his hands together. This not only served to make a loud noise that might distract them, but blades would begin to materialize on the armor as he reshaped them with his natural gift for molecular destabilization.

And then he realizes that the woman is giggling. Osore stands there awkwardly as he watches, confused as ever.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kora kept nuzzling Kimi, very very excited that her girl was back. Katsu on the other hand turned to the man in the garage. She took up a wary stance, not sure if this man was friendly or not. When swords began to form from the man's armor, she growled softly in warning.

Kimi heard Katsu growl and turned to her. She saw the swords coming from Osore's armor and couldn't help but smile softly. He would have protected her if the twins had been a threat. She stood between the tigers with a hand on each head. "Isaki-san, these are my companions. The one with a red collar is Kora, and the one with a blue collar is Katsu. They are both female. Girls, this fine gentleman was not in anyway connected to the reason for my absence. Why don't you girls say hello?"

"Hello, Isaki-san," Kora said shyly. "Welcome to Suna, Armor Man." Katsu said, standing much less wary, and gave him a kitty grin.

"So, what do you say we go find my father and see about some food?" "Kimi-dad say come quick! "He been much worried."

Kimi smiled at her girls once again before turning the smile on Osore. "Did you get everything in the satchel? Katsu can carry it."

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As one of the animals gives off a growl, Osore focuses on it and remains alert until Kimi smiles and gets between the cats, her hand affectionately laying on their hands. He lowers his arms, the blades seeming to melt back into the gauntlets of his armor as if they never were. It weakened his armor slightly to do that, but it also provided a massive surprise if someone wasn't expecting it. Kimi introduces the girls to him, and then the tigers speak as clear as day.

What.

Osore clears his throat, blinking slightly as he tries to figure out how to respond here. ”Um...a pleasure. I am Osore.” It was stiff, it was slightly forced. Given that he never spoke to a tiger before it was also the best to be expected from him right then. Honestly he'd never spoken to much of anyone except through grunting at Naikishin or Tenken for decades, and more recently humans. Animals usually were just...scenery.

He lifts the satchel in answer to her query before handing it down to the blue collared tiger and looking up at Kimi once more. ”I'm sorry, I've just never spoken to tigers before. Is....this something I need to expect in this land? Because if that camel could talk it was quite rude not to.” Should she begin to lead him somewhere, naturally he'd follow.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Osore's reaction was a chuckle-worthy, or would have been if Kimi wasn't too tired for a full laugh. As he interacted with the tigers, Kimi smiled softly. Katsu took the satchel in her maw, gently lifting its weight from Osore's hand. When he asked if talking animals were common in Suna, Kimi had a moment of clarity. This man wasn't from Suna, therefore would have been either shocked, confused, or both, when faced with talking tigers.

"Oh! Terribly sorry. This must be confusing. Animals that speak common aren't the norm. I only really know of my girls. My dad's panther can eek out a few words, but she started learning at an older age than my twins. Katsu and Kora learned the language from kitten-hood."

She turned toward the tunnel the girls had come through. Kimi waved her hand in the direction and made a head movement that commonly meant follow. She slowly walked down the tunnel, the two tigers followed on either side as if sensing just how tired Kimi felt. She kept blinking and shaking her head, trying to keep awake. It was almost as if her body knew she was home and wanted to shut down. She really felt like she could sleep for a week. After about ten minutes of walking, she had to stop and lean up against a wall.

Kora nosed her leg softly. The two had a small conversation in quiet tones. "Big tiger had to play?" "Yeah, Kora. Big tiger had to play." "Can carry Kimi." "No, hun, I'm alright. We aren't too far from the entrance. I just needed to rest for a second"

A moment later, Kimi stood tall and walked further on to an open space near the Toraono Dojo. She turned back to Osore and fished out the keys to the runner. "This is where we will part, Osore. You can have the runner. As you saw, my family has plenty. If you would like a guide around the village, or just have dinner with a somewhat familiar face, my family's compound is pretty easy to find. Just listen for growling in the residential district. I have to get some rest. I'll see you around, Osore."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back