Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

On the Wings of a Dream [Contract Search]

Senju Gaki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiken had been looking from one of her newfound friends to another while they were talking. It wasnt exactly clear to the little bird what was going on and every now and then between their sentences the little chick tried jumping up and flapping its wings in an attempt to fly again. Quick quick, we need to hurry! Theyre going to eat him if we do not hurry! Yes, carry me!
Jumping into the open arms of the young Ninja Kiken gave off a few ordering sounds before poiting with one feathered wing. That way, Dog Shinzo, that way!

Should the duo, in addition to the transformed medical ninja, begin moving into the direction that Kiken had pointed towards, they would soon come upon a small group of trees, standing in the middle of a greater clearing. In the midst of the group were a few boulders, stacked upon each other. From somewhere between the large stones the the sound of trickling water could be heard, providing the tranquil scene with a proper acustic touch as if the whole was nothing more but a picture, painted in moving colors. Yes yes, there it is! I can hear him still.... i think? Kiken said, one long feather held against its beak as if trying to tell its two followers to stay quiet. Hesitation and suspicion were mixed into the small birds voice.
Jumping from Shinzo's embrace the chick did a few cautious hops towards the treeline, its head somewhat tilted as it tried to see between the trees. Suddenly it pecked forwards, into the grass and lifted a dark feather with its beak. Iffif ai faffef!! Iffif ai fafffef!
Its somewhat enthusiastic voice hadnt been left unnoticed and after a moment the rustling of leaves in the trees in the middle of the clearing answered.
WC: 304​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shinzo listened closely to Mikasa as she gave direction, her experience and skill shone through her vocal instruction. The emerald eyes of the student kept a keen focus on the hand seals that were being woven by his teacher and chaperone for this adventure. Warmth came from the smile that was present on his face at that very moment, but soon it would change into a look of absolute seriousness as Mikasa changed form. He had learned of this technique with Akumi but had never personally seen it in action himself, though impressed the boy still retained his composure given the situation at hand. Memories of helping his young brother navigate the streets of Konoha flooded the boy’s mind. The act of protecting the less able was something that drove Shinzo, for that was why he wished to become strong, not for personal gain but for the security for all those he held dear as well as every other resident of Konoha. It was his purpose to help and so, clutching both the bird and his recently transformed teacher Shinzo dashed off.

A piercing green fire burned in bright determination within he Seikon’s irises. His figure rushed through the foliage of the forest, subtly warping the fabric of spacetime to push him on faster, though not to the extent that it would cause discomfort to either Mikasa or Kiken. Each step was as quiet as possible, clearly, he had been paying attention in the academy because his sprinting technique was relatively silent. The boy aimed to move as smoothly as possible as he ran, he wasn’t overly sure as to what Mikasa would feel in the form she had taken but it was clear in his mind that anything less than decent comfort was unacceptable, he had to be courteous. Soon the trees began to thin and a vast clearing became visible just ahead. Shinzo slowed as the excitement of his avian companion became increasingly visible. A family of trees stood central in the idyllic area and it seemed as though this was the destination that Kiken was looking to reach, at least that is what it appeared like to the student.

Their advance was still swift as they approached the treeline but soon the woodpecker leapt from Shinzo’s arms to inspect the ground, only to find a dark feather soon after. A quick smile and nod was all that the young shinobi in training was able to give in response to the paraded item. Instead of displaying shared excitement as he usually would, he was instead focused on scanning the area close by in case ‘they’ came out in force.

“Try to be careful, we can’t attract too much attention or we won’t have any advantages here.” Though no sooner had these words escaped his lips, a feint rustling noise drifted through the air toward the group. Shinzo’s ears pricked up and he dove forwards in an attempt to grasp the woodpecker, as he was moving through the air towards her he loosed the currently transformed Mikasa in the direction of the rustling. His priority was to keep the bird safe while his much more capable teacher dealt with any threats. As instructed the boy leapt back to create space between himself and the possible enemies up ahead. Shinzo now had a hold of the woodpecker in his arms once again, though the rushed movement to grab her probably wasn’t the most comfortable but it was all he could do to guarantee her safety while Mikasa advanced forward with the momentum he had given the throw. His eyes continued to scan the treeline, looking to gain more information on the unknown forces approaching.

WC: 614

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The petite avian was swift silence the duo and investigate the scene before them, withdrawing a single dark feather. Kiken's odd cries left Mikasa perplexed, the Medical Chief wasn't certain if this were to be labeled as a positive sign or not. Regardless of the events to unfold, Shinzo's instructions were crystal clear and in the void of the darkness her thoughts linger can the sensation of zephyrs violently parting a path as the transformed maiden streaks forward. Would the forces of an unknown foe meet with the Medical Sennin to be, or would this particular encounter prove to be a farce?

Rustling through the thickets the steel reverts to reveal the platinum mane maiden in all her glory, leather boots skid across the terrain as her ocean hues scan the environment. In the heat of the moment her hands clasp against one another, weaving another set of hand seals and inhaling with all her might - the air expanding Mikasa's lung to there full extent. Leaving her mouth partly ajar, mist begins to spew outwards to cloak her within the shrouds and various others that may be within the vicinity. Despite being a Medical Nin, Tsukasa Mikasa's upbringing would suggest otherwise.

She may have not obtained the same level intelligence as her brother, but studying underneath had allowed her to view glimpses of the world he walked within. With a light flick of the wrist, a set of senbon appear within her grasp, ready to deploy at a moments notice.

[OOC: Apologies on the short post, was difficult being a kunai!]​
<i>​
</i>

Senju Gaki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A moment later another rustling answered the first and before long a slim black snout emerged from the leafs. A round head with light colored violet eyes followed. The revealed head had a truly mischivious smile and as two more of its kind broke through the surface of the bushes it almost seemed as if they were snickering with each other.
Pfuah! There, thats them! Kiken spit out the feather that it had hold in his beak and pointed with one elongated feather towards the two reptiles.
Hey, Aki? Havent you just heard something too? One of the reptiles came out fully now, its ashcolored body glittering lightly in the sun. The other two faces where just smiling at it for a moment before the second one replied. Yeah Roki! I have! Hey, Teki? Did you also just hear something too? The third reptile looked first at its brethren then up to the sun and finally down at the grassy ground. Uh, Aki?... I... dont think i have heard something?... Tch, yes of course you have, Teki! Yeah, you have of course, Teki!
The other two lizards left the leafes now, placing themselfes next to the first one before all of their heads moved in unison to stare at the mist in which Kiken, Shinzo and Tsukasa where hiding.
Before anyone could move Kiken jumped out of Shinzo's arms where the small bird had until now silently watched the clearing. Its them, Dog Shinzo, quick get them before they can fleeouch! The small bird opened its wings to take to the air but due to its injury it just flapped twice before falling down just before the edge of the cloaking mist, its red feathers glowing like a bullseye in the green grass. Give me back my father, you... you... lost chicks! Kiken's voice was shivering, a fact that the lizards seemed to notice almost immediately. They twitched at the first moment when the bird had left the fog but immediately regained their composure as they looked at the single little bird.
So, Roki, do you see what i see? The lizard in the middle crawled a few steps closer to Kiken. Oh but i do, Aki. Do you see what we see too, Teki? As before the third one didnt immediately respond and instead seemed to fixate his right eye on a tree to the side. Uh, Roki?... I... dont think i see it?... The two lizards called Roki and Aki stopped, looked at each other and gave their brother a swift slap with their tails. Ouch...
As the scaly animals turned back to Kiken a loud scream, like that of an eagle or falcon came from the middle of the clearing. Kiken seemed to immediately regain some of her earlier vitality. Thats my father! Quick, Dog Shinzo!
WC: 469​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Everything happened so quickly for the student who watched on in astonishment as the three reptilian figures appeared from up ahead. This was such an unexpected encounter, Shinzo lost track of his grip on the crested avian and looked on in dismay as the bird hopped out from his arms in an attempt to take off. “Don’t rush into anything!” The boy called out towards the rapidly descending woodpecker, readying himself to leap forward into action at a moments notice.

’This can’t be good, I gave away Mikasa sensei too early. I should have held onto her in kunai form for a little longer.’ A light sigh escaped the boy’s mouth, it appeared that there would still be trouble to come. ’I will have to stay on guard, at the moment there only appears to be three of them, not too large but definitely not to be underestimated. There might be three of us too but Kiken is injured and I’m just a student, thankfully Mikasa sensei is here though and she should be able to take care of this.’

There was still time to act though, Kiken needed protecting and that was his number one priority. With that thought in mind Shinzo rested his left hand on the hilts of the butterfly swords resting on his lower back before stepping forwards to place himself between Kiken and the reptiles stood ahead of him. His eyes remained fixed on the group of lizards that had emerged. “What should we do Mikasa sensei? Shall we speak to them? I can stay here and protect Kiken if you want to retrieve Kiken’s father! I will follow your orders sensei!”

[Sorry for the short post, got really bad writers block]

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A difficult decision was forced onto the duo of Konohagakure inhabitants. From past experiences Mikasa was unable to bring trust to the opposing factions of creatures; bearing witness towards a Feline slaughtering a trio of pups in her previous encounter left little room to hold trust. Despite the course of action laid within her thoughts, the medical chief had not anticipated more than a pair appearing. The unknown trios power not an item she wished to deduce first hand. To fight, attempt to converse, or flee were the main course of actions.

Nipping at her exposed thumb, a thin line of crimson stains against the backdrop - the medical nin swiftly kneeling to display a summoning circlet. With another wisp of smoke would her companion appear in the realm of shinobi. The massive creature of canine origin, earthen hue fur and the baritone growl enough to send shivers down the most experienced of fighters. Once the guise lifted would the medical chief lean against the pooch, her head coming to rest against the beast's midsection. "Jirfu, we wish to pass peacefully to retrieve the young fowls injured father. Would you be so kind?" she inquires in a hushed tone.

Staring down the trio, a massive paw slams against the earth below, claws digging into the soil as if nothing more than moist sand. "What say you, my friends wish you no harm. You will allow us to move forward?" he inquires, in the same instance not truly asking permission. Narrowing his gaze, the canine's fangs are revealed. The main point was to showcase to Shinzo, that the opportunity to converse should be utilized prior if possible.​
<i>​
</i>

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hello all! I have been summoned here to be your replacement contract mod. As this thread has been going on for a bit, I'm hoping we can all finish this out soon enough. Please have patience with me as I'm attending a relatives wedding this weekend. As soon as I'm back, I'll take the time to review this thread and continue it where it left off. Thanks and look forward to a post soon!

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“B-but… but. They HAVE my father!!!” the small woodpecker exclaimed when Shinzo when hearing the squawking, it was undeniable that these predators had her father. The three reptiles gave a smug grin at the cries of Kiken, they were way bigger than the little wimpy woodpecker who could do nothing but whine. "And maybe we do, smallfry. What cha gonna do? Cry like your father's doing, chicken.” The three reptiles laughed at the clever taunt, Kiken, angry and scares of the three lizards couldn't do anything but blurt out. “Why don't you bullies pick on someone your own size!” One of the replies actually thought about this, then answered pretty honestly. “Easy meal? It's almost like grocery shopping in my book.” Kiken would have charged in to peck these jerks in their eyes, but she already knew that she could do that unless the young woodpecker wanted to be lunch.

Sick of playing around, the reptiles started to move toward the bird. The snarling and snapping their jaws made Kiken back up slightly to try to get some distance away from them. Luckily for Kiken, Shinzo stepped in between the viscous trio of reptiles who gave him a dirty look. “Move it wise guy.” One said with a snarl. “Yeah, we got business with the bird. Outta the way.” Although Shinzo maybe strong, they had the strength in numbers. If they all attacked him at once, he was lunch meat. After all he was human, he didn't have sharp teeth nor did he have tough skin like they did. However, after the Jirfu came slamming a massive paw down then began ordering the trio around, they backed up.. Then they gave their full attention to the mutt, snarling at Jirfu. “You want forward? How about you fight your way forward.”

While the reptiles were paying attention to the dog, Kiken gave a Shinzo a soft peck on the leg. “Common, let's get my father and get outta here!...” It whispered and yelled at the same time.

[>>' Sorry about the delay in this thread, you guys are almost done so let's keep it going!]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shinzo wasn’t sure what to think as the situation progressed further and thus, instead of looking for understanding, the student focused his attention on the avian in his protection. The mission at hand was something far beyond anything that the shinobi-in-training had ever experienced in his short life. It was clear, however, that the task of reuniting Kiken with her father had taken had taken a turn toward complicated territory. Before Shinzo stood three reptiles, at first he had no qualms with the creatures but within moments their attitudes demonstrated that they would not simply cooperate willingly.

The boy remained quiet for the time being as he listened to what turned out to be hostile discourse. He took a moment to kneel down next to the red crested avian in hopes that his closer presence would be somewhat calming, though truthfully he wasn’t confident anything would help. Annoyance turned to frustration and anger inside the Seikon who watched on with scalding emerald eyes. There was little he could do to release the tension of the situation other than to wait for what Mikasa and her hulking summon had to say – they were the most experienced out of all those there.

Feelings of frustration and anger continually bubbled up inside the Seikon while he watched as patiently as possible. Was there really nothing he could do? That was when the voice of Kiken reverberated in his head, and although the request was only quiet it still had a large impact on the academy student. This was his time to do something, all the waiting around that he had done was leading to this moment – a moment to be seized with the coercion of a small woodpecker. Shinzo took a breath. The energy within him calmed for but a moment as the boy’s focus piqued.

His mouth opened for just a second. “I am sorry Mikasa-sensei, but I can’t stand by and watch.” With this said his right hand shot behind his back, grasping the hilts of his twin butterfly swords. Each blade was thin enough to share a sheath but when they were brought forward, Shinzo swiftly separated the pair and placed one in each hand. Their polished steel surface glinted in the light of day and with yet another glint Shinzo was gone. His figure darted forwards towards the tri-reptilian threat. For a moment all was silent and then with a crack the student stepped out through reality at the very moment he would have made contact with the lizards.

Shinzo’s form reappeared a second later on the far side of the trio of enemies. He knew he had to get past, he knew he had to help, he knew he had to find Kiken’s father no matter the risk to himself.

[Used quicksilver step]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back