Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Open] Searching for answers.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nao was in the herbal garden, yet you would almost say there were more books than species of herbs there now. He had pulled himself back to the garden so he could do research. In his mind, he still had a fresh imprint of how his son Shishiwakamaru ran away after the devastating news of the tumor he had. Out of annoyance, he bit his lip hard, not enough to draw blood but hard enough to leave an imprint.

"Not either..." He would place the book away and move towards the door. Still grabs another book to then takes it with him outside to take another smoke. "There has to be answered... There has to be a way." He sighed and would summon his Kami who came as the humanoid version. "Yes?" He questioned with a warm voice. "Please help me out to try to find a way to save Shi... or help me try to find the herb or weed that the two were speaking of."
"I am... fearful we aren't advanced enough in the medical world altogether to do the operation Shi needs," Sai spoke with a soft yet sad tune. "But there needs to be..."
"I know you want to, as a parent and Sennin, but I honestly don't think the medical world is advanced for it.. The first ever successful brain surgery was not even 5 years ago..." Sai said and started to worry for Nao.
"I know..." He said defeated yet still opened up the medical book while the kami sat down beside Nao. In turn, Nao sat down also, putting up smoke before turning pages.

[mft: 270]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the adult was turning the pages... he tried to find as much as possible for brains... "We are aware of the location of where it sits..." He muttered as Sai started to write down for him.

notepad said:
ingrained into the brain tissue.
To remove a brain tumor, a neurosurgeon makes an opening in the skull. This operation is called a craniotomy.
Brain tumors are treated with surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
Depending on the needs, several methods may be used. The team should include neurosurgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, nurses, a dietitian, and a social worker, who work together to provide the best possible care.
Before treatment begins, most patients are given steroids, drugs that relieve swelling or edema. Your may receive anticonvulsant medicine to prevent or control seizures.

If hydrocephalus is present, you may need a shunt to drain cerebrospinal fluid. A shunt is a long, thin tube placed in a ventricle of the brain and then threaded under the skin to another part of the body, usually the abdomen. It works like a drainpipe. Excess fluid is carried away from the brain and is absorbed in the abdomen. In some cases, the fluid is drained into the heart.

A heavy sigh was given by Nao as he started to put up another smoke, tilting his head. "To remove a brain tumor, a neurosurgeon makes an opening in the skull. This operation is called a craniotomy. Whenever possible, the surgeon attempts to remove the entire tumor. If the tumor cannot be completely removed without damaging vital brain tissue, your doctor may remove as much of the tumor as possible. The worst... thing I can do for him.. or good things.. Some tumors cannot be removed. In such cases, your doctor may do only a biopsy. A small piece of the tumor is removed so that a pathologist can examine it under a microscope to determine the type of cells it contains."

He looked towards Sai who started to think further along with the words. "Simply said... there is no way in the medical world... there is any removal option for the child, as it is ingrained... That would require brain removal... as it isn't just inside the tissue..." He would grit his teeth and think further, what else was he able to do... he could write to Sand and Cloud in an attempt to gain some answers. Perhaps the two from the missing lands had insight..

So many thoughts, but so far he had little to no answers for the young child in his case. "How the hell do you even remove an integrated tumor on a brain..."

[mft]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“I find that sometimes when faced with a conventional issue, the unconventional tends to provide the best solution.”

A polite knock followed this strange statement as a rather strangely dressed man seemed to cast his gaze around the herbal garden. It had been years since Migoya had been here… this place that was pivotal in his upbringing, and pleasant memories came to his mind. Still, the old hospital and its extensive gardens that he had cultivated were no more, changed to this… library?

Gone was Migoya’s black evil robe of scariness, changed now to a simple brown, earth stained robe, a weathered leather satchel draping over his shoulder. Mikki, a small wooden puppet, held onto the satchel straps and seemingly rocked back and forth, his thoughts his own (thank God). Somehow this look seemed to show Migoya as he truly was - a medic obsessed with botany who had simply been made to turn into something else to survive. His hood had been lowered, showing clearly his albino heritage, his cheeks a ruddy sunburnt colour from his previous trip to Sunagakure.

He had seen the looks of recognition turning to horror from the older members of the Byoin. Those who had once been his friends, colleagues, and confidants who had been told of his, and apparently Mikasa’s, treachery in betraying the Hokage. This same Hokage who now ruled, and now had invited them to a dinner of peace. It was enough to make anyone smoke, which is exactly why Migoya was here, looking around for any remnants of his.. .err... herbs.

“Forgive the intrusion friend, I was simply walking through the hallways of reminiscence and overheard your thoughts. An integrated tumour you say? I’ve dealt with similar issues in the past - perhaps I can be of some assistance?”

[OOC: Sorry for the intrusion - happy to jump out if you dont want me here hehe]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Genin never really got the most glamorous missions. Finding a lost pet, fetching an item, delivering a message and other minor little tasks. Hime Was currently delivering soil to the Herb Gardens located in the Byoin. She would see two people already within the gardens. She would catch the tail end of Migoya’s conversation. She heard something about a tumor. “Hey, where should I put this?” Hime would be carrying two five pound bags in each arm. She then noticed that one of the people was Nao. “Oh hey, it's you. I fainted at the end of that fight. Is that boy okay?” She remembered hearing that some of the Byoin got blown up. She recalls that the man said he finished his job. “Please tell me we were able to save him.”

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
All the books that there were currently around... were obviously missing somewhere elsewhere. They all had been moved here for Nao to find the answer he needed or give ideas. It was just at the end of his smoke that he heard Migoya. “Forgive the intrusion friend, I was simply walking through the hallways of reminiscence and overheard your thoughts. An integrated tumor you say? I’ve dealt with similar issues in the past - perhaps I can be of some assistance?”

Nao would nod toward Hime, first to acknowledge he had seen her, but also since she was the one who was carrying the bags of dirt. He would point towards the one remaining of the bag as in that she could leave it there. He didn't want to interrupt Migoya as he was speaking. As he wanted to reply to Migoya, he heard Hime speak. He looked from Hime to Migoya and figured he had to start somewhere. He would offer Migoya a smoke as he was going to explain but didn't offer Hime due to her age.

"Shishiwakamaru... The child I was speaking of earlier Migoya. A while ago, the Byoin was ambushed by a person. It was a Nara bloodline,. The odd thing was... It was like he knew me, he kept calling me sensei... Yet I do not know who he was. He kind of stepped out of nothing. Shi at that time was already sick... and we tried to keep him safe. As we battled the stranger, it... is sad to say, I am little to nothing as an attacker. I don't... even think we damaged him at all. Sadly he had a bomb ready elsewhere or something, it got a few personal along with Shi... And a part of the building was gone. Yes... he made it, but we also learned some things about him. We did a CT test and learned he has an ingrained brain tumor." He would pause for a moment before explaining it a bit more simply to Hime.

"dorsolateral prefrontal right cortex... is the top front part of your brain." And he would draw it in the ground as best as he could for themn in the dirt in front of him. "Recovery of brain surgery is normally; 3 - 10 days in hospital if not more needed. Home recovery after which is around 4 up to 6 weeks before starting up.. Side effects immediately. Weakness, dizzy spells, poor balance and or lack of coordination, personality or behavior changes, confusion, problems with speech or fits (seizures)... Long-term problems after the surgery... Difficulty walking, weakness in an arm or leg, difficulty concentrating and or remembering things, behavior changes, and speech problems. And that is with just regular brain surgery... He has a far more complex one..." He would go through his hair again. It really was eating him up on everything. "the first... successful brain surgery, was even just 5 years ago.."

"I am at a loss what to do for him honestly."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Moving closer to Nao, the scent of lavender mixed with some strange sweet scent of... something would drift into Nao's nostrils, pleasant to the smell. Migoya would start to look over his shoulder at the reports he had strewn before him. From his brief observations of these notes, he knew that Nao was no mere med-nin, clumsily trying to figure out a difficult puzzle, rather he was an expert at the field, trying to ensure the safety of his patient by figuring out how to conduct such a difficult operation. Good - such a difficult puzzle was always much more fun to work on.

“A Nara you say? Does the village continue to hold records on bloodlines? From years ago, there wasnt many Nara on the books from memory. Still, very dangerous opponents indeed. But who would attack a hospital… only the deranged". Migoya’s voice carried a rather heavy tone, as if he took an attack on the hospital personally. Sure he was a missing nin, hated by all, but his was the place that had given him a purpose and an identity as a young man, and to think someone would dare attack it!

He looked at the newcomer, carrying the dirt - something he had done for years many moons ago. “Good morning miss… Migoya here. Forgive my rudeness, but Im helping out your boss here, hopefully.” He said with a grin before turning back to the problem at hand. Migoya respected those who worked hard, no matter what they did - after all most of his clan were gardeners... butlers... maids... spys...

Putting that thought aside, Migoya reached forward to look at the medical reports for this Shishiwakamaru. “Pardon me… could you fill me in on what his symptoms are at present? Has the tumor grown to a point where it is impacting on vital processes, or is it at an early stage? Have you attempted other treatments, such as medical ward jutsu and the like?”

Migoya started to stroke his chin in thought. “And secondly, how far are you willing to go to save this young man? I mean.. .other than conventional medicine.” A weighted question indeed, but one that would tell him much.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Erza_Anime_S5.png
Miyoga introduced himself and immediately Hime recognized the name, but fortunately for him it was in a good way. “Ah, the man from the Memorial Stone gardens. My sister spoke highly of you.” She was of course referring to Hoichi, who had to show Hime a new dance when she got home from class. She then drops off the dirt where directed. “Rudeness? Meh you’re fine. As long as you don’t mind me. I’ve been making soil deliveries all day.” Hime wore a red pair of pants but had no shirt on. She simply had bandages wrapped around her breasts to keep her decent. Most of her skin was exposed, covered in dirt and soaked with sweat. Hime had a lean and slender figure, but one can easily see she was well toned. She may not have bulging biceps, but she was stronger than most women.

“Don’t sell yourself short, Nao. You're still a better shinobi than I am.” Hime was proficient at molding chakra and using it to enhance her own physical abilities, but beyond that she was a lost cause. It took her quite a while to learn hand seals and even now she is slower than most in performing them. Despite the chakra induction paper telling her she had an affinity for lightning, she could not make a spark. She could not even wrap her head around illusions. Often she feels like a failure of a shinobi and this fight with the Nara solidified her beliefs.

Hime would not understand everything Nao said about Shi’s condition. What he was talking about sounded like some advanced stuff. She did understand that Shi was once again in the jaws of death. They were able to save him from getting killed only to die from cancer. “My grandpa died from cancer.” Lung cancer if she remembers right. “You really should consider quitting smoking.” Her grandfather was a heavy smoker and still likes to smoke that pipe on occasion.

“I wouldn’t be able to help his body, but his soul would be a different matter.” Long have Ghost Walkers sought a viable means of attacking while in Ghostly Form, and ethereal weapon was the answer. A weapon of sharpened chakra, striking with piercing force and able to be held by even the intangible. “My family forges ethereal weapons.” She would summon a sword out of a storage scroll. “They can be held by even the intangible, which would naturally include ghosts.” She had planned to demonstrate this in the battle with the Nara, but the guy caught her in a bind before she could pull it off.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
" There sadly still aren't any nara... I know my adopted son Shishi is a nara... but I am afraid that is all there is..?" He questioned himself as he tilted his head, he was pretty sure there weren't any else. He would hsake his head after as he couldn't think of anything else... But one unpleasant memory got to his head and he would shake his head. Not that memory... not that memory..!
" they are terrifying..." he only whispered out of his mouth before looking up to HIme as she spoke. "I may be good... still not the best like others. I couldn't even scratch him basically. that one rasengan out the building was a lucky shot I feel like..." He gave a heavy sigh on that, he really wasn't feeling good about the outcome and how he had seen his child almost dead in his arms.

"Given the fact I am still around..." He muttered but he knew well what she meant. Maybe lessening it would help..? He knew he couldn't stop. "His symtomps... The last time he got in... he had fainted in the classroom, he complained about a headache..." he said and tilted his head. " After the first scan, he never came in as he had run off... I am willing to go far, but in the end it is his body. His will to do something for it. So I will never say how far I will go, without his opinion."

hearing Hime after, he would stand up rather quick, letting one book clatter to the ground. "We aren't un-aliving him!"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Ah yes, the talented bard. Her puppeteering was impressive for her age." Migoya responded to Hime with a smile. "She mentioned an uncle, but not a sister. Pleased to meet you." Giving the young lady a small bow, Migoya turned to once again look over the notes as he listened to Nao's words.

"Perhaps then they are not from the village", Migoya mused more to himself than anything as he looked over the assorted text in front of him. As someone with Nara heritage, he had known most of the clan in the village some time ago but none of them were particularly aggressive, particularly not to attack a boy. There also was Akkuma... hmm. But that would be unlike him... "In any event... there are ways to defeat Nara, indeed there are ways to defeat everything if giving enough time, resources and motivation". Bending down to pick up the book that had fallen to the floor when Nao stood up abruptly, Migoya would hand it over to the Sennin, his red eyes seeming to bore into Nao's looking for an unspoken question.

"Conventional treatment could possibly work, but as you said carries with it side effects. What this young ghostwalker is suggesting is rather... intriguing. With enough skill perhaps an ethereal blade could cut only the parts of the tumour that needed to be removed. With sufficient medical jutsu being applied to prevent other damage... hmm. A notable suggestion."

"But what is a tumor other than a growth? Like the plants around us, without nourishment such growths die. Radiation treatments and jutsu have been used int the past, seeking to destroy the growth by essentially drying it up. The other ways of killing a plant is to cut off its source of nourishment, without damaging the soil around it"
. Ah metaphors. So apt.

"Whilst you claim you are no combatant, to be raised to the position you hold requires skill in defeating other forms of enemy. My suggestion is use both conventional and unconventional methods. What justus do you know that could specifically target something... 'cut' it off, maybe attacking the mind... or even starving the tumor or perhaps..." Migoya had learned long ago that people rarely needed direct answers, rather the guidance to find the answers themselves. "moving his soul to a different body...".

Migoya gave a small smile, before turning to help Hime with the soil. "Whilst it might aid the cancers development, I've met several centarians who smoked every day... not that I recommend it. But what is life if you cannot enjoy it... and unfortunately it seems everything worth enjoying is bad for you!". He gave a small chuckle as he started to spread the soil expertly on one of the concrete trays, preparing them for plantation. Now was the time for him to shut up, and let the Med-nin of Konoha to figure things out...

[MFT - 477]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Un-alive him? She has no idea what exactly what he means, but she sure gets the feeling that he misunderstood what she was saying. “I think you misunderstood. Whether or not he becomes a ghost is not up to me or you.” As far as she is aware there is not a way to bind a soul to the mortal plain. “What I’m saying is: If the worst should happen and the will of fire still burns within him, I would gladly give him a weapon so that he may continue to serve.” It is what she plans to do when death finally comes for her. She would continue to protect the village she loves even after death.

Migoya pitches the idea of moving the soul to a new body, which was a reasonable solution in her eyes if it could be done. She had no idea how one would do this, but it did make Hime think. “Now forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I’ve never been able to perform such jutsu. Could we use a transformation jutsu to ninjutsu away the tumor.” It was an unique idea, However, this technique does not give the user any abilities that their appearance may seem to give. In other words, it is highly unlikely to actually affect the tumor. Even if it did work as she wanted it to, it would require a constant supply of energy. Someone or something would have to continually maintain it. However, despite the idea's short commings, it was indeed an interesting subjection that was out of the box. Perhaps it will help get the ball rolling for other ideas for Nao.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Accepting the book that had fallen off the ground, he would listen to Migoya as well as Hime. He remained silent for a bit thinking, which you could easily see. Yet at the mention of his smokes... He kinda looked like a child that had been caught stealing a lollypop. " True... but erm... Kinda difficult for me to quit. I may try to lessen it." He would try to brush it off. He knew also a lot of people who grew old without any problem regards of it.

" Transformation Jutsu will only work on pfysical appearance for the duration you keep the jutsu... So that wouldn't work sadly.. As for other types of jutsu... There is Radioactive Decay... If we somehow manage it to get that to a select point without spreading further perhaps using the Therapy side..." He would start to mutter on the end, thinking somewhat out loud.

"I am able to use my jutsu offensive instead of healing... So I kinda punch you but heal you, or to hurt you more." he said a bit shrugging as he already had been thinking through all of the jutus. " A curse and a blessing to know all the jutsu's. aarrg.." he started to name a few others that could help, plasma, no that would burn to omuch. Water.. But that wouldn't doo to much... Perhaps blood, but that would only thinnen it not a selected part to die it off... At least he had gotten a few good idea's now.

[so sorry that this took so long, also majorly due to my health. But I am back.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya listend carefully, his pale hand stroking his chin in thought. He casually nodded as Nao spoke his way through some of the possible solutions, and indicating the special... abilities he had. More information for Migoya to store away for another time perhaps. In any event, Nao was on the right track.

"Hmm - good ideas indeed. One thing to remember though that we all tend to forget - you are not alone. Seek the help of all your med-nin as most of them are capable of at least keeping him alive whilst any other procedures and jutsu take place." Migoya usually worked alone, but given the circumstances it would be better for Nao to elist the help of others - even if such help was simply support. "I do not know how long I am staying in Konoha, but should I be around I am somewhat capable in assisting you, if you trust me that is", he added with a small chuckle. "Even making such a task a lesson for those under your tutelage perhaps - an opportunity to do great good and to learn how to beat something so horrible."

Looking around the greenhouse, Migoya spotted a particular common medical plant - a Feverfew - moving silently over to pick it up to expertly gaze on it. "This... this also might be something to look into. Not a bad little plant. Certainly its not a cure... but it might help with the inflammation and the pain until such time as you are ready to operate."

[OOC: Hope you are feeling better!]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Please let me know of your decision. Unfortunately, I have limited time here in Konoha. Should you need me, Im sure if you placed a request at Crater city to speak to a Myakashi member, I will eventually get the message. Farewell, for now".

With a slight bow towards both Nao and Hime, Migoya gently placed the plant back onto its stand, taking in a deep breath as if wishing to remember this place, and turned to the exit.

"Mikki. Please leave the manure alone".

A small wooden puppet would suddenly run from a nearby pile of manure and jump onto Migoya's shoulder, causing him to sigh in disgust.

"You just had to... didnt you"

[Topic Left - thanks people! Hope to RP another time!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back