Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Osu’s Shocking Declaration! The Beginnings of a New Generation?! [Requesting Junko]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu walked through the halls of the hospital with obvious purpose as he went to the administrative floor. He simply told the secretary that he would like to speak with Junko and waited in a nearby chair flipping through a quarterly medical research publication as he waited.

After Osu was given permission to enter he would pass through Junko’s door and give a “Greetings Junko-Sama,” with an appropriately polite bow and take a seat.

“It has been a while since we last had a conversation, but I hope you won’t see it too rude of me to hop straight to business, Chiai took a cooking class and she is making dinner for the first time since… *ahem* putting that aside.” Osu pulled two scrolls out of his sleeve and put them on Junko’s desk.

“First I am happy to say that I am nearing the completion of two long term research projects and should see my results in the next few months. One in my personal take on Kitsune-Sensei’s prosthetics technology, which this scroll outlines a small increase in budget I am requesting as well as listing the quoted prices of the materials and amounts I intend to purchase with them. The second is… an admittedly more off the books research that I had a personal interest in, dealing with finding methods to combat ‘supernatural’ or ‘spiritual’ issues using medical science… I am near a breakthrough but… well I intend to seek the assistance of Youkai to be direct… Well assistance may not be the right word, but I intend to try and strike a deal with one as inadvisable as that is and already have found a possible lead in doing so.”

Osu sighed for a moment thinking about how long these two projects had been taking his free time, but quickly shook his head as he still hadn’t reached the key reason for his coming here directly to Junko. Osu closed his eyes momentarily and took a deep breath before opening his eyes to meet Junko’s, knowing fully well the implications of his coming words and the branch tradition Osu wanted to break that some would even take as Osu challenging the authority of the medical sennin if they did not know how genuine he was in his intentions.

“With the completion of these two projects being inevitable and simply requiring time at this point, my focus can finally return to where I wanted it to be from the beginning... Junko... I want you to hand over to me the sennin’s inherent position as the Medical Chief of General Practice. I want the hospital.”

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Silence greeted Chigokai Osuteno’s declaration. Leaving little time for pleasantries, he jumped straight into his elevator pitch and claimed for a seat that was normally reserved only for the Sennin.

The audible sigh of one Shinrya Kahako was probably not the sound he expected to hear from the yet to be unturned leather chair. “Well, that’s quite the proclamation, Kouhai. I never expected such a strong conviction to come from you.” She turned around. Although there was a smile on her face, it didn’t reach her eyes.

“But a most opportune one, to be certain,” she whispered as she slid a closed envelope across the oak table that was not hers. The seal of the Torre was torn in half, originally placed on the outside to keep the message safely enclosed while it made its trip to its recipient. She picked up his two scrolls in turn, slipping one open to view the contents while Osu took the moment to read her own missive.
Kogami Ayumu said:
Shinrya Kahako,

There was a time when you once served your village as the Sennin of the Medical Branch. The time has come for you to fill that role once more. Effective immediately you have been placed at the head of your branch as Sennin. Serve it well as you have in the past.

Kogami Ayumu
The Raikage
[The Raikage's seal applied to the letter next to the signature.]

“I was in here trying to figure out where Junko left off so that I would know where to begin.” The newly appointed sennin rubbed her temples, mumbling what she said next more to herself than to Osu as she scanned his documentation. “Bless the man for being so organized, it should only take me a couple days to get settled, maybe work from here until I can get a foothold then transfer the necessary paperwork to my office...”

Having read over the summary, Kahako set the first scroll down only to pick up the second. “I am familiar with my mother’s research in prosthetics. I was the one who approved her teaching it to you. But your second set of research… I have first hand experience in knowing that dealing with youkai can be a double-edged sword, and now-a-days I generally advise avoiding it whenever necessary with what has been going on in the village.”

After making quick work of the second scroll, Kahako push them both back across the table and laced her fingers in front of her face. Unable to hide her deeply troubled expression, Kahako glared daggers at the oak surface her elbows rested on. Truly, she did not want this position. Not right now, at least. Too many personal reasons pulled her from the position in the first place, and while she was slowly pulling herself back together, she did not feel ready.

But duty called. And her husband would not have named her sennin if he did not feel she was fit for it. Raiden, she kept so much from him, how was he to know if she was fit? She couldn’t say anything now. Despite her years of training screaming at her that it was a bad idea to put others first, she couldn’t ignore the order given to her.

“Let me say firstly, that I am assuming Junko is fine,” she started, hoping to alleviate some fears. “My husband did not warn me of the sudden change in leadership coming, nor did he tell me where he went that required him to step down so suddenly. But if something did happen to him, I would have full faith that Ayumu would have told me.”

Sighing once more and suppressing the urge to find the man’s hidden liquor stash, Kahako returned her eyes to Osu. “But asking for control of the hospital when it normally falls under the role of the Sennin is an exceptionally unusual request. Why ask for that when what you have been doing follows the path of my mother into the research division?”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu was initially surprised when the heartbeat belonged not to Junko, but to Senp- Kahako instead. But then he sighed and wasn’t so surprised after all. He delayed answering Kahako’s question for a moment and instead pulled out a prescription bag filled with jasmine and went to the side to start a pot of tea, seemingly having a sixth sense for where people kept their tea sets.

“There are a number of reasons behind my decision. First, which really seems to be applying right now, is the fact that as a sennin, Junko is a lot like Kitsune-Sensei. Junko obviously belongs in the field in the same way your mother belongs in her lab. Neither have the patience to stay behind that desk and run the hospital itself for very long. If you haven’t noticed I have already been managing the schedules and payrolls… and since I suspect you plan to go over them anyway I will admit to scheduling myself for 80ish hours of work every week, particularly when something comes up for extra pay. Don’t even start on my health please Senpai, my wife is more than willing to tear into me over it for good reason,” Osu finished with a sigh as a red ‘thread’ reached across the room and soon placed a folder filled with documents with Osu’s signature on them.

Osu then came back to the desk with the tea set. “Now we just need to wait on the tea to steep… I won’t lie, part of the reason I want a promotion is because it is hard to raise a family and pay our ridiculous rent on a Chuunin salary. Chiai even started working nights as a singer in a very… odd establishment. Based on the times I have been there myself I am more than sure it is run by yakuza… but not many are willing to hire someone without any education or job skills. We would both like to spend more personal time with our daughters and each other. To save money on babysitting and get to see the girls a little more often I have even been ‘training’ MiT in ‘childcare.’ It has been a little concerning to hear complaints on occasion about the girls’ pranks on the MiT and tricking them into doing some rather dumb things. They are only about to turn five after all. We are thinking about putting them in Kunoichi Scouts so they will be spending time with kids their own age instead of making people three to five time their age cry…Sorry I got off topic. Where was I? Oh yes, I am putting away my research. I already passed my lab to my disciple to use as a study room. I always liked working with patients more than tinkering alone for hours on end and these are the last two projects I intend to work on personally. The rest I intend to delegate to others. These two simply have a degree of secrecy or danger that can’t be handed to others. Speaking of delegation, another reason I want the hospital is that there are a few initiatives I would like to run, the largest of which is establishing clinics, initially, in a few key cities a bit out of the village’s reach at the moment. The people I would send would be passing off as regular doctors but would be capable and stocked for most emergency surgeries for shinobi who are a bit too far from the village. I also plan to use them to earn the goodwill of their surrounding communities and make a small additional income for the branch but mostly I just want to cover costs. I have a business draft and some budget sheets in my office if you would like to look over them, as well as the real estate prices, the estimated delivery costs of supplies, lists of potential candidates to manage the clinics, blueprints for secret storage and surgery rooms, lists of local competitors of business and a bit of blackmail for some of them, as well as estimates for bribes for local officials… and more blackmail. I know I shouldn’t be complaining about leverage in our favor, but is it too much to ask people to live honestly?”

Osu shook his head slightly while pouring tea for Kahako and then for himself, taking a slow sip, and enjoying the scent of the jasmine. “All if that aside I also desire to take a greater role in the education within the branch and enact a core requirement, a sort of set of general knowledge that all mednin should know despite specializations. Too many still have some nonsense thoughts like jutsu being some miracle cure for everything with no costs involved for the patients or that it can and should be used on everything. Like if that were the case we would let people sit in nice safe beds for weeks or months to recover for injuries. I will probably make a series of tapes for everyone to watch just to correct the ‘common sense’ around here… Oh I suppose I should continue with why despite you being sennin now, you should still give me the hospital. Well to be fair, while you are in no way as bad as the other two, we are both aware that this is far from your preferred place to be,” Osu said while gesturing to the room around them.

“Signing paperwork all day and making sure numbers match up on the supply sheets is my way of passing time leisurely, not to mention that with as many appendages as I have I can actually be getting home earlier than I usually do. You on the other hand Senpai… aren’t you already feeling cooped up just being here in this office? We both know that I know how to run the branch by this point, and the position of second is an internal position so I can actually attain it. Logically speaking the village council would likely never approve of me specifically becoming sennin… ever. While not exactly public knowledge it is clearly in my files that I am the son of a woman descended from the deposed former head branch of the Chigokai clan who murdered the clan head and several branch head a couple decades ago. My birth was directly tied with a Jashinist ritual and I am said to be a son of Jashin himself. The inherent distrust some factions in the village have against us as students of Kitsune after that fiasco. How I was declared rogue when I was nine. The resulting bad blood between myself and the Marquis. The fact I am closer to being some sort of pseudo-immortal octopus than I am human at this point. The fact that I was missing in action for two years after being kidnapped by a Jashinist sect and the only known knowledge of what happened in that time is that I have given myself and the word of my wife who, if anyone ever did a real background check on her, would pull up a number of arrest warrants in several small counties for being linked to the very Jashinist cult that kidnapped me… I might have failed to mention that part to Ayumu-Sama when I gave my report. Oh, and even in my own testimony the renegade Chigokai that is my mother slowly tortured me over several months by slowly stripping every bone from my body and there is question of how I am, or if I am still sane… and of course if I gave the honest answer that hidden away in a library in my head that appeared after I absorbed the memoria of all the classified and personal information in possession of the Marquis’s family including highly sensitive documents in relation to Lightning country itself, the soul of my half living twin sister still exists due to the half divine nature of our souls despite me absorbing her when we were still in our mother’s womb… well I am fairly sure that would do more damage than letting people continue to question my sanity. Even worse since I can actually show people both the library and my sister exist. That would only serve to prove that I might actually be the child of Jashin and that… well that I know a lot of things I really shouldn’t and if the Marquis ever actually learned that his family’s memoria wasn’t completely lost and that it is in fact in my possession… well I like living without the constant threat of assassination or abduction… it is bad enough that my family is already harassed by Chancellor Donaldo and his associates.”

Osu’s almost creepily flawless face remained unchanged but the look in his eyes seemed to become more and more tired as he spoke. “I don’t want to leave the village to go on any grand adventures Senpai, I just don’t have the energy for it. At this point I am simply weary and exhausted at the mere mention of a journey. The most good I can do would be that I could do from behind the desk. You can put me there, if not in name, but at least in my ability to act.”

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was… a lot to take in. Kahako’s mind reeled at the truth of what happened to him, and through her expression remained calm, her face paled substantially. Indeed she knew what everyone else knew of Osu’s history. That he was missing for two years… and that was about it. She had to restrain herself from muttering a curse, as he described the torture he was forced through by his own flesh and blood, and knowing a patient of torture, he probably was only describing a part of it.

Then, it seemed the man before her visibly aged, but she could only tell by the look in his eye. Oh, how they both suffered over the years for the sake of this country. They were nothing more than two poker-faced individuals trying to survive with the hands they were dealt, weren’t they? Their wounds were more than just the physical scars that probably lacerated their bodies.

But it was clear that he just wanted to move on. Medical leave floated around her head, clearly the better option than forcing a tortured man the stress that came with running a hospital. But she recalled her own self-induced term of absence, and how the lack of accomplishment lead to her own personal hell and insanity.

And then there was the political chaos that also surrounded him and his family. Closing her eyes, she thought of the chancellor he mentioned. She’d heard the name Donaldo before, but could not place where. Raiden, she hated politics and often pitied her husband for having to deal with it.

“You realize that with what you just told me, I have more than enough reason to temporarily suspend your ability to practice and order you to receive counselling, yes? Everything you went through… is not something that you can simply move on from, kouhai.” With the term of endearment, she sighed deeply. Frustrated that she couldn’t do better by him with her own bubbling situation.

“But you are right. There is a personal matter that draws me away from Kumo. One that I can no longer ignore, as it pertains to the safety of the village if left unattended.” Disliking her options, Kahako scowled at the paperwork laying before her. “I will accept your promotion on three conditions. That in my absence, you take the time to seek medical help for what happened to you while you were presumed dead, that you remain in close liaison with my husband in regards to any movements made against you by Chancellor Donaldo… and that you or your family do not leave the village without an ANBU guard.”

Of those three conditions, she refused to move. He was right. Him remaining at the hospital would allow him to remain protected from country forces that did not immediately fall under Ayumu’s jurisdiction. If the Chancellor really wanted Osu and his family, short of exile, the center of the village was the safest place for them to be.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu smiled warmly at Kahako but it only touched his eyes slightly. “I would be delighted if you happen to know of anyone you could reference me to, though admittedly there are a few clearance concerns for a few of my issues. I can’t exactly tell most of the people around here a good portion of what I just admitted to you. But believe me when I say the most therapeutic thing for me is to use my time to help people and enjoy the company of my family. As for Danaldo it is much more concerning for me that he is aware of my heritage and is quite,” Osu shivered uncomfortably, “too willing to rain attention on my daughters because of it. Rather than acting against us we are finding a number of unwanted gifts on our doorstep from his associates. It is odd that I think Saeko is more in the know of what that lot is all about, as I am not entirely sure of what it is they want. And this village will likely be on the precipice of ruin before I send my family out those gates without a small army around them. I have no idea where in the world my mother currently is after we escaped from her around six years ago, and considering she once entered this village and left it after single handedly challenging the entire previous generation of the clan leadership and murdering half of them, made a fool of a god right to his face and got away with it, and can look me in the eyes as my skull is being pulled piece by piece from my head while I was fully aware and tell me without a hint of a lie in her that she was doing so because she loved me and wanted what was best for me… I would be completely mental to believe that the reason she hasn’t bothered us is because she cannot do so or because she isn’t interested. It is much more likely she is biding her time for some other 15 year plot. I am unsure how many people have their eyes on my daughters anymore or what they are wanting of them. Trust me when I say I don’t plan for us to leave the village at all in the foreseeable future…” Osu realized he had tended up considerably at some point and forced himself to sit back in the chair and unravel himself, more literally than it would be for most people.

“But this isn’t about my mother, or cultist, or about any of that ridiculousness… I promise you Senpai, that I just want the ability to do the best I can for people as I see the need for it, and I promise to stay safely behind that desk, do the best I can for my family and others, and spend most of my time delegating tasks rather than trying to do everything myself and keep myself at the hospital 90 hours a week like I have been… particularly since I am fairly sure Chiai has morning sickness,” Osu said with a much more genuine smile.

“Honestly a Chuunin salary barely cuts it as it is, so it would be double helpful if you could help me get at least the pay raise through soon,” Osu sad half jokingly. The half that wasn’t joking was currently concerning the landlord knocking about them being partially late on the previous month’s rent and Saeko conveniently disappearing when he tried to corner her about it.

“So Kahako-Senpai, why don’t you use this once before giving it to me officially for safe keeping as your Second,” Osu said with a rarely heard level of cheekiness as he slid over mostly completed documents concerning his promotion and administrative control and the official seal of the medical sennin, without a word of why either were in his possession.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he spoke on the matter—of his reflections, opinions, and the like—Kahako listened. Sometimes when trying to be a source of comfort, that is all you can do. But his reassurances, the weight he put on his situation, made her ease off on the idea of removing him from his post temporarily, and in turn the tension in her shoulders eased as well.

At the mention of a possible addition to his family, her face brightened several levels. Then he mentioned the need for a raise when he subtly pushed the paperwork confirming his appointment, and an eyebrow quirked as the warmth filtered through her emerald eyes. He knew how particularly tight the government was with shinobi pay. The cunning capitalist.

“Very well,” She said picking up a pen and pulling the papers closer to her. Most everything was already completed, pending her official signature and seal. With a quick flourish, she finished the documentation. “For your services to your country, I promote you, Chigokai Osuteno to Medical Chief. For your dedication to this branch, humanity, and accomplishments, I hereby name you as the head of the general practice division at the hospital. I also name you as my Sesshou. In my absence from the country, you will function as the regent of the branch, and all final decisions will fall to you until my return. Upon the event of my death, you are my personal nomination for next Medical Sennin.”

She then pulled the seal of the Sennin from one of Junko’s desk drawers. Pressing firmly on the corner of the pages, the symbol of the branch was surrounded by the branch's motto and written in Ancient Kumo. "And with that being said, congratulations. May Raiden-sama protect you, and Shinbatsu’s spirit guide you.” She looked him in the eye while sliding the documentation back to him.

There was a bit of silent on her part afterwards. Truly she trusted the man before her to do a good job in his position. In many instances, his wisdom rose beyond his age, and his temperament was often more mature than even her own at times. Yes, Kahako thought as she studied the man before her. Despite the travesties he faced, she felt that one day, Osu would make a wonderful Sennin.

“Now, with formalities out of the way, I have a very short amount of time to train you on the administrative side of handling the branch.” A small, almost impish smirk grew on her face. “Our hands are doubly bound as we are woefully behind on paperwork between Junko’s absence and no one here to handle it during the world tournament.” Carefully, she slid a not so small stack of papers on Junko’s desk along with a secondary pen. Her smirk grew impossibly large, realizing that she was going to have a partner to help her through the night. Because there was so much work to be done, neither of them were going home anytime soon. “You know that they say of trial by fire, and there is no time like the present to prove to my husband why his administration should sign off on your suddenly very large pay raise.”
MFT TLUS
You may now request for a medical chief banner

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Sesshou it is then. Promoted two positions in one night, people might suspect nepotism but I will certainly make the most of it and have this branch running smoothly and efficiently as should be expected of the position. I accept this appointment, as well as the noticeable increase in salary, with great honor and humility.” His signature was already on the document though so the humility didn’t seem as honest.

Osu simply smiled at Kahako’s mention of instruction in administrative duties. “Just say you need assistance Senpai, no need to be so roundabout. I dare to say no one can compete with me in paperwork in this village, though that is a rather sad thing for a shinobi to brag about.” Pulling a chair up from a corner Osu released tendrils that each began grabbing pens from his pockets and a few from the desk.

“Let me assure you that we will be done with all of this mess before sunrise. I suppose I should call my wife and tell her the good news about my promotion and raise… as well as the unfortunate of me not getting home tonight. I am sure she will have mixed feelings, but getting this all done tonight just means I can take her on a date tomorrow.” Of course given that is was indeed the first time Chiai worked up the courage to cook after taking some lessons in a long time, she was less pleased than Osu originally assumed she would be when he called her. That aside he at least felt better hearing the unspoken relief over their financial issues being solved and the fact he was actually going to be home more often from now on.

Yet one day some would consider this day to have put in motion a very surprising string of events, whether for better or worse depending on who one asked. It is generally agreed though that this sudden rise in rank is what gave Osu the authority and freedom necessary to start a rather large conflict in secret. That was a matter for the future though.

[end of topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back