Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Paths [Semi-Private]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”People here have done quite well for themselves,” Akechi murmured, stepping through the doors of an upscale bar and grill to grab a quick bite to eat. He was treating someone out today, and not just to get in their pants either. Nope. This was to hopefully develop an ally that would help him further his future endeavors. That didn’t mean that he couldn’t attempt to bang this woman… except for the fact that he was meeting a gentlemen today… or rather a shadow.

Honestly, he didn’t like places that were as “stuffy” as this place but it did look like the optimal place for business. “The Melting Pot” was quite a hit with the local business types in the area, or so he read. Akechi wasn’t from Iwagakure so he could only go off of information that he obtained from different sources. Though the food was relatively subpar in comparison to its overpriced and miniature meal portions, the real prize was the premium cocktails that this place prided themselves on. Ironic, considering that a name such as The Melting Pot gave the impression that the food would be the focal point. Maybe it’s one of those funny, ironic things that people used in inside jokes to snicker amongst themselves.

”Hello sweetheart. I’ll just have warm sake to start. Two glasses please, I am expecting someone.” The man requested, winking at the beautiful bartender as she lowered her bosom onto the bar counter. After all sake was a universal pleasure. It was the perfect thing to order if you had no clue what the other person liked, and like mentioned before he was treating. He dressed the part too. A black business suit tended to be the right type of wardrobe for a proposition such as this.

I guess now all there was but to wait…

[Topic Entered/I don't mind others joining but PM first, and let Souji enter first.]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[legend="This is going to be quite the spectacle"]Souji would wake up this morning, go through the notions of the day and head to the place he expected to go. Work. Though, this day was riddled with mishaps. He was late waking up, he went to the clinic to check on his father but his father was already sent home for the day, Souji found himself tripping all day long. Over air it seemed. Its definitely something that he was trying to get ahold of... but maybe this dinner with Akechi that he sent him notification of would change things, a chance to slow down a bit. Maybe this was going to be a business meeting. Souji dressed in his vested attire, all black from his head to his boots (Picture to the left). And as he continued to make his way to the spot... Souji thought to himself, 'Does Akechi like me or somethin?' shaking his head, nah never like that. The Man was too masculine for that.

Souji'd make it as the woman was bending over to get the drinks, he couldnt help but to look for a moment, she was packing some junk, this was a side of the spectrum in terms of physical beauty that Souji often enjoyed. Either way he'd step in as she walked off, "Didnt have to wait too long, did ya? I'm normally prompt... but today was just one of those days.", nodding he'd hold his hand out to the man to offer an official handshake before sitting down. It was just etiquette for Souji. Sitting himself down afterwards he'd nod, "Oi Akechi-san. Didnt know you liked 'fine dining' then again you are a man of high tastes. Are you not?", small talk. Beating around the bush. Analyzing the situation. Calculating retorts and responses. Continue. "Beautiful women. Beautiful night. So what can I do you for?", tilting his head in almost robotic fashion it was time for Souji to lay back. Have fun. Let loose. He wasnt held down by any restrictions right?

So why be wrapped so dang tight in yourself...
[/legend]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Not a problem.” Akechi responded, accepting the man’s formal handshake before motioning toward a seat next to his. Souji being late wasn’t much of an issue in a place like this. People tended to act with the utmost respect in these types of areas. It was what he admired about such a “campy” area. In simple terms, places like these were relatively safe. People tended to mind their own business out of respect for one another, and the rules were so rigid that one wrong move would render a swift exit out the place. Sometimes, punishments were even more severe just to serve as a deterrent to those who sought to ruin such peace. ”The scenery here is exquisite. Beautiful women always serve to lighten the mood a bit. Makes a simple man, like myself, forgive minor indiscretions.” Obviously he was talking about the man being late, but he winked at him as if to give the impression that he was joking.

Honestly, he didn’t truly mind, especially when he was surrounded by beautiful waitresses and bartenderellas. ”I enjoy it while I still can. You never know what can change in an instant. Fine dining, premium drinks… I cherish it just as much as those ‘hole in the walls’ in Arcadia.” And he didn’t mean ‘hole in the wall’ as an insult. His comment was more tethered to that small town feel one gets from just being there. Those establishments were much more relaxed and quaint, devoid of all of the gaudiness or political atmosphere that the Melting Pot presented. Food was much better there too…

”Anyways, I was wondering about something, and I figured a ‘guardian’ such as yourself may be able to help a friend out.” Akechi had called Souji out to such a fine place to further his goals. He needed allies, and he needed a lot of them if he were going to carve out land for his forgotten clan. In order to meet and retain said allies, he needed to part ways with something that truly did admire. At least for the time being. ”Citizenship.” His freedom… or at least some of it… for the time being. Sure… this wasn’t the only path that he could take, but even the most irrational of a person knew that this was the easiest…

”Of course, a man like me would have certain… ‘reservations’ about such a thing. However, I feel as though that may be something that you could help me with… or rather, suggest to a certain someone.” Casually speaking, he poured sake into two of the mugs provided to him and slid one to Souji. ”There are just certain things that I’d like provided in return for my services. Small, simple things really.”

Or not. Depends on one’s perception, I guess.

[OOC: Surprise.]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[legend="This is going to be quite the spectacle"]"Hm.", nodding he would take in the words the man was saying as he was briefed a bit and greeted. Well they had been around one another for quite sometime, and the red tape about knowing that he was from Sunagakure. It all seemed to rummage together, plus hearing word that Suna was closed from various people. Stating that they couldnt go home even if they wanted to. Was Suna as bad, if not worse, than Kirigakure, or Konoha? Maybe... Maybe... but still Souji would nod, "Hm and you'd like me to talk to someone to get you in the village? Knowing that you're from Suna?", tilting his head Souji would smirk, "What you may be wanting could start a war..."

"Then again our Kage's quite fond of the idea, not that I agree much with it.", nodding and taking a sip of his warm sake, and nodding he'd continue, "Though, you've been here for a while and with all the word going around about their gates being locked. I can see why you'd want to make this less than temporary.", nodding once more he'd look the man in his eyes, "Which brings me to a few questions. If you got citizenship... what if Suna opened its doors again? Would you leave?" nodding he would wonder the answer, but he'd continue, "Or, what do we do if they come looking for you? Not that it seems like they ever would if they havent already.", chuckling a bit he'd smirk, raising a glass to Akechi.

"To Citizenship.", Souji wasnt sold on the idea of course, but the man was trusting. Akechi had been in the village for... a good amount of time and had not caused any trouble. Even if he had a troubled past maybe he'd leveled out due to the atmosphere he was given while in Stone. Well then, it would be difficult to measure, because anyone could be a great actor/actress. Though, alot could go wrong...
[/legend]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Endo’s regime and his ambitions are both more likely to start a war than I.” After all, war wasn’t Akechi’s prerogative but it may have satisfied an end to a mean. He may have been a missing nin but that title simply didn’t suit a man of his stature. No, that title was demeaning to the Uchiha’s true nature. He was much more than that, and it was a fact that he was purely intent on sharing with everyone. ”Yes, not just someone. Endo and the guardians. I want you to put a good word in, set up a meeting, and then back me on some of my more ‘awkward’ requests.” Requests as in demands of course. After all, if he were trading in the freedom that he valued more than anything, he’d better been getting something in return for his services. Unlike the majority of Iwagakure, Akechi wasn’t a thoughtless pawn for them to move around a chessboard on their way toward the satisfaction of Endo’s goals. This was much different. He would be more…

”I desire to make a home here, Souji-san. I left Suna’s gates before they were locked from the world, and it’s this type of irrational behavior that led to the destruction of my home.” Akechi continued, managing to slip in a couple of sips of sake as he spoke. ”I desire land to build an Uchihan Complex for my people. To make us whole again and get back the family that we lost before. I wouldn’t leave that behind.” It was something he was passionate about, something he would do anything for. He felt that he had been chosen for this particular goal, and it was an objective worth dying for… or giving up one’s freedom for.

”They’ve come before, I’ll handle it. You or any other Iwain shinobi can simply let me deal with it,” he commented, a devilish smirk creeping across his face. There were things that he had to do to go unnoticed. It wasn’t easy, and it always seemed to blur the lines of legality. ”I guess the only issue is the rigidity of your passport program. I need a position… a title that will allow me some latitude when it comes to going to and from the village. After all, I do my best work when I’m on the outside, and I don’t see why I couldn’t tweak my skills a bit in Iwa’s favor.”

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[legend="This is going to be quite the spectacle"]Nodding at the point about the regime of Inu Endo, Souji couldnt do anything but frown at the thought that he had a chance to speak against the notions and did nothing. Nothing. And since he did nothing in a time where he could have openly voiced his opinions on the matter. There was so much he held back from saying because 'it wasnt his place' Souji wasnt a rebellious person he had always tried to follow things by the book and he'd gotten shit in the end for it. Either way, he'd continue listening to the requests of the foreigner. "You want me to put my neck out on the line for you with Endo and my Sennin to see if we can get you as a citizen in this village? Well there would need to be more stuff done." 'Alot of damn paperwork.' shaking his head and taking a sip of his sake before Akechi would continue.

A home. Everyone wanted to have a place to call home. Souji could level with that. A place for people of the same blood as him. Like how Souji had the Yukata House built... well how he managed to keep it up. "Aye... I can feel you on that Akechi-san.", everyone wanted somewhere to call their own. Even Villains who destroyed everything. They had to lay down at night. Laying in the beds of those they destroyed. They all enjoyed the rest of night... though Souji continued listening, everything he could understand, and he agreed with it. "Alright Akechi, I'll do what I can but I doubt this will fly with my Sennin... Maybe the Kage because he likes you, but I dont think she'd let it fly, and I dont blame her. We could get alot of flack for such a thing, but there has been no word form Suna in some time. The only thing we've heard in the past year or so is that their gates are locked to the world.", shaking his head, they even locked their gates from their own people.

"Well, I know you wouldnt be let in the ANBU Branch, Maybe we can talk to the new Medical Sennin if you have any medical prowess in those hands of yours. If not, there is Kamaru of the Main Branch.", nodding he would pull out a hookah black cigarette handing one out to Akechi, "Want one?", it was one of his peach flavored euphorium distilled and ground types. He and his father made them on their spare time. "Its a personal blend.", the only bad thing that would happen from smoking these would be they would just feel the slight effects of the euphorium but aside from that it was light and relaxing.
[/legend]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Sticking your neck out?” His face looked a bit perplexed as he repeated a sentiment spoken by Souji. “Sticking your neck out” gave off the impression that you didn’t fully trust someone and if they screwed up it would result on you being placed on the chopping block; it implied a lack of trust. It made sense considering Akechi’s origin but the man did believe that he had done enough good within the village to allow for a second look. Sure, there were ulterior motives behind Akechi’s reasoning for asking but those reasons didn’t make the Uchiha’s request any less genuine. He wanted to do something positive for his people and for this village; even if some disagreed with his methods for doing such a thing. ”If you don’t believe in me then I wouldn’t ask. After all, how can these leaders of yours put faith in me if you can’t? I’m from Suna, I know how this works after all.” Shinobi villages were rather fickle structures. A slight push or suggestion from the right person, at the right time could equal chaos or utopia. The illusion of rigidity would always be there, but it would never be true.

Villages were just too fragile for such a thing to be true…

”I’m a med nin. I’d like to have a position within the hospital. One that would allow me to freely travel outside of these gates without too much trouble. After all, I have work that still needs to be done… that freedom is something that I’d require.” Akechi spoke, ignoring the “denial” from the ANBU branch and the suggestion of the Main Branch. He didn’t want to deal with the generally mundane missions of the Main Branch or the thoughtless nature of the ANBU. Neither of those branches matched the man’s intellectual curiosity and proficiencies in poisons like the Medical Branch of Iwagakure did. Taking one of the cigarettes and lighting it with one of his fingers, Akechi took a nice long drag of the peach flavored blend before expelling it from his body.

”It’s good. Maybe you should open a shop. Probably make a little more money than what they pay with the ANBU. Or maybe not…” Some of those guys made bank. He couldn’t remember the name of the ANBU, but that Sunan did have a castle carved out in the desert for himself. I guess using that money toward the various slums that they had within the village made too little sense for them. ”So who’s the new Medical Sennin? Anyone I’ve met before?”

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[legend="This is going to be quite the spectacle"]"Eh, its not that I have any doubts about you... I just know that this is my name, clan, etcetera.", nodding he'd roll his shoulders before snapping his eyes back to Akechi, "I'll help you. I dont honestly have much to lose in trusting you unless you end up killing the kage, a sennin or something, then all of my credibility goes out the window. Not that it has much weight anyways. The Ryujin family is more prominent than the Yukata here. As they always have been. We're the shadows... They are placed in the lime light.", sighing and sipping more on his sake. His shoulders would drop a bit.

"Alright... I'll hook you up with a conference with the Medical Sennin or whomever is over the hospital and clinics. Maybe we can advance your paperwork through her and make it an official thing... but this would still go through the Kage and other Sennin's could possibly say no.", nodding he was throwing everything on the table so the man could know what he was getting himself into. "What I'd need from you is just to do what you have been... be you. Lay low. But still enjoy yourself. And let them get comfortable with you.", Souji's cheeks would begin to turn reddish but only because of his relaxation. The Sake was strong and smooth but not enough to make him tipsy at the moment, "Aside from that... I want to point your attention to the ladies around the village... maybe if you can get one to marry you, you could get in better terms with the village... but I have heard stories of this not being the case, so that might be a long shot.", nodding again he would sigh under his breathe and begin to lift himself, "I'll actually go to see if I cant bring the Medical Sennin to you...If you're planning on leaving just make sure you're back in a decent time... dont be gone longer than a month if you can manage it.", nodding he would then bow to Akechi before turning heel towards the door.

"I'll be seeing you old friend. I'll see what I can do for you. And I'll check back with you soon."

[MFT]
[Attempting to leave topic]
[/legend]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Inactivity leave. I didn't know you had posted but we'll just say Akechi nodded in indifference and left.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back