Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Perilous Puppet Show

Umetsu Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
“Come one, come all! Come test your skills against a haunted ninja training dummy!” a short, grinning girl boomed from atop a soapbox right outside the Colosseum. A small crowd of academy students and genin had gathered around her, peering in awe and skepticism at the object she stood next to: a cloth straw-stuffed torso mounted on a tall wooden pole, with two small nubs for shoulders from which dangled a pair of thin rods as arms. The girl flicked a finger, pulling on a barely visible thread of chakra, and the figure twirled slowly on its post before the empty hole where its head would be produced a thin column of reddish flame. Gasps of shock and amazement rose from the gaggle of younger ninja; the puppeteer’s dry, self-assured smile did not change.

Saki continued, trying to hold her audience rapt, “I stole this from one of the haunted warehouses near the hospital- I was exploring them one night when I heard an unearthly scream coming from the corner of the room. When I investigated, there was nothing but this headless dummy and a tattered, bloody cloth… I reported the incident, of course, and to this day no killer has been found.” Some of the students looked genuinely terrified to remain in the presence of the cursed training dummy, but a few of the headband-sporting genin began laughing.

“Well? Anyone want to give it a try? Reward is 3,000 Yen if you can break this thing without it haunting you,” the girl offered. A tall red-haired genin sauntered forward, looking back to the crowd to flash his friends a thumbs-up. Saki crossed her arms and smiled. “Go ahead.”

There was a brief ‘click’ sound, and the dummy rocketed off the pole with its head ablaze, making a grating screeching noise as it danced erratically towards the boy. The students and genin all scattered out of the way of the mad puppet, leaving the brave volunteer to dive for cover, scrambling to find his friends as he tossed expletives behind him for the young puppeteer. Saki cackled, crashing the burning dummy into the ground a few times to put out the flames. She hadn’t gotten any money from her audience this time, oh well- the reactions were almost as good.

WC: 378
[MFT]

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1688918272405.png
I found myself in search of mental stimulation today. This dull village did little to quench my endless thirst for knowledge and adventure. The people were dull, their lives were dull, and the attractions, all dull. Or so I had assumed. I found myself in the most unlikely of locations. Outside. But there was purpose in my current geographical location. The colosseum was said to house the village’s blood sport. Surely, I could derive some sort of gratification from the endless fatalities of others. Perhaps there will be screams. And so, I made way to the colosseum. Unexpectedly, I stumbled upon what looked to be a ghost tale. My favorite. I watched and listened to the tall tale of haunting with interest. It was vague, lacking in detail. Much like a crime scene caused by a professional. Suddenly, something really interesting happened. The dummy animated. Its headless head set ablaze, the dummy propelled at an unprepared victim. It missed unfortunately. However, I found the screams of horror delightful. The puppeteer began laughing historically like a super villain in a badly written comic. Well played child, well played. The clinking sound of coin dropping into the empty peddler’s tips would signal my presence. This village was indeed dull. Every not so often, can one stumble upon true entertainment and restoration of novelty. This little prankster had the right idea and my interest. Well, her headless dull had my interest. “Little girl laughing historically, I challenge your allegedly haunted and possessed toy. However, if I win, you keep your 3000 yen and the doll comes with me.”

[mft]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back