Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Poker and Puppets [Duel Contract Search]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“If you insist, your wish is my command.” Oh great the lord seems to know every little thing that happens in the temple. This really took the fun out of things for the was no real point spying when the person knows you are there. The clone of Hakuren tosses the emerald brooch in the air. In an instant the clone and Hakuren swap places. Hakuren catches the piece of jewelry in the air. “What exactly happen when I formed a contract with my artifact? I could not help but noticed it had quite the positive effect on your daughter. Is there anything I can do to help her?” It was an unusual question. One does not often come to a place like this and offer to help the staff. Hakuren wonder’s if the glyphs on the wall had something to do with the girl’s connection to the artifacts. Hakuren was curious what would happen if she tampered with them, however due to the lords ability to know things, it was not a wise idea.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon Hakuren’s return Lady Shinezen had been defeated and she had lost her ally in the process. In exchange Maru had gained temporary Dark Immortality and his ally Pandora was now no longer a fixture of cartoonish proportions. With the spiritual energies placed within her and augmenting her she became a real woman of substance and flesh. Her eyes were the dials of a clock or a super expensive watch. Her heart beat in perfect synch with Maru’s own as terrible waves of temporal energy spilled from her ever so briefly as she took on true living flesh. Maru’s watch was now physically a part of him and could only be removed by Pandora herself. A second black heart beat within Maru granting him all of the black butler’s powers. His muscles became cords of black ethereal power. His flesh grew a little paler as Maru’s senses sharpened beyond mortal capacity. His clothing and every fiber of his being now responded to him on a cellular level allowing him to function as an immortal living weapon.

Maru's muscles began to feel like corded steel, he lost all sense of hunger, his body straightened into an imperial like posture. Maru truly felt like a new man and as long as he was within the walls of this temple he was.

Lady Shinezen was carried to a waiting carriage where her gambling rights under the Shishidou were stripped and half her fortune and titles were stripped to be given to Maru. He was now Lord Dokuso of the White Sands. He now possessed two expansive villas and the controlling 50% of the rights in a well to do trading company named Sandsailor's Deliveries and Retrievals. How quickly he had moved up in the world and Pandora had attained a humanity all her own. She kissed Maru's forehead gently before stepping away to use the lady's room. Something she never imagined she would ever need to do as hunger descended upon her as well as thirst. Humanity would have its due it seemed.

Hakuren swapped places with her bird clone ally and found herself face to face with Lord Shishidou but as she looked upon him with her blood bonded artifact Hakuren could see he was not human at all but a living card. His form was human but his true being was a silver lined lion rook card. She could see it like an overlapped hologram or a toy within a larger toy.

Lord Shishidou nodded to Hakuren and summoned a seat next to him so Hakuren could sit down.

Whether she sat or not Lord Shishidou would explain what was truly occurring.

” Long ago, far beyond what even I can recount there was a beautiful princess with all the finest toys, and jewelry her family could provide. As a princess of Jemmadan she wanted for nothing but friends. So, her father whom looked exactly like me, a massive silvered lion of a man brought many children together from all over the land to go to school with her. To be her friends, and her guardians. One of these children was named Tatumas. Tatumas was exceptionally gifted in the realm of sorcery and prayed to the elder gods. Specifically Jashin… Tatumas wanted to be more than just friends he wanted Lady Shishidou to himself so using his sorcery after tricking all eleven of her friends into this ancient temple Tatumas sacrificed them all in order to bind her to him for all eternity. What Tatumas did not understand was that Princess Shishidou was possessed of the blood of the heavenly kings and his binding pact did not work the way it should have. His sorcery transformed all of her sacrificed friends into major artifacts of dark and terrible power. All of Princess Shishidou’s family and servants became minor artifacts, toys, and jewelry. The entire palace shrunk down into a gem to adorn her chest as her heavenly powers awakened to defy Jashin’s curse. She was never strong enough on her own to completely hold off the power of a dark god but her friends used their souls to augment her own and awakened her power even as she became little more than a puppet. A tiny living puppet. Over the centuries blood was spilled by Tatumas’ cursed soul in order to complete the pact but he failed and once more we all rose to oppose him. We channel the soul energy of these gamblers into an endless battle against Tatumas whom is locked away by his own sorcery in the center of this temple. YOU are the first to ever make his power their own and free the princess of one his binds which is why I am more than happy to tell you whatever you need to be able to defeat him. Beware of this one truth … No two artifacts are the same, each was once someone or something treasured by her majesty. The souls of the original sacrifices are lost to time but their likenesses remain. Each will cling to what they most resembled in life and carry that dark power. If you or another were to cleanse that power it would free the young lady but you will bear that curse in her steed. There can only be equivalent exchange, an eye for an eye. A soul for a soul. Blood for blood... although YOU seem to be beyond that.

Simply put your own power seems to have broken one of the soul binds on my Princess. ”
<i></i>

Hakuren was free to share this information.

Maru's new dark powers left him feeling unreasonably strong, and stretchy.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Since Maru was gifted immortality, he figured that when he gifted the spiritual chakra to Pandora that he would most likely make her more powerful and he was right. With all the chakra, spiritual chakra, and energies he's been feeding her he was able to transform her into a actually woman. He could even hear her heartbeat now, feeling her soft lips touch his forehead made the rogue blush a bit before Pandora went off somewhere while Maru wondered what was exactly his since he did give Lady Shinezen up for immortality and half of her fortune but he wondered what exactly was her fortune to begin with… It was revealed to him that he owned TWO villas and HALF of Lady Shinezen’s trading company! How lucky was could one guy get?! Won all this in a single poker game wasn't anything to sneeze at, with something like that he would never have to rob another jewelry store, snatch another purse, or hold up another bank again. Money was just there for the taking, and he was going to sit happily for the rest of his life.. But with this black butlers powers he might could cheat death forever, never growing old or dying.

Once Lord Shishidou announced his winnings, Maru bowed. “Well I did pretty well now didn't I?” He said to himself, he detached his hand from his arm to extend his hand to the man to politely shake his hand before drawing his hand back. While Shishdou went to talk with Hakuren who seemed to finally had asked what was the deal with the little girl, Maru decided to take this moment while no one was looking to do a quick harvest. First he gathered all of his jewelry, then grabbed his time traveling eye he betted before the rogue began to gather the left over souls of people who betted things they needed to live. The first being that man who ended up dropping dead after losing to him, instinct took over and he grabbed the man by his shirt lifting the dead man up. He brought his hand to the dead mans face, proceeding to channel the dark powers to drain the rest of the man's essence. A blue essence began to be pulled from the back his skin, becoming wrinkled and corpse-like as his youth was drained from his body.

Maru twitched in that moment his body filled with new enhanced energy his body seeming to tense in that split second as the energy flowed through him before he felt like he was younger. He felt faster, a bit stronger, 100x more younger looking. He stood from the wrinkled body, then walked over to where Hakuren was. “Check it out, don't I look like six months younger, these artifact are pretty useful." he touched the smooth soft skin of his beautiful face, feeling like a new man. But then his eyes shot open, almost forgetting that this was a mission. “Oh.. What did that guy say? Is that possessed doll you're looking for here?”

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sitting in the chair provided, the shade of a man tells her everything. Hakuren and Maru enjoyed the little appetizer, but now they are coming to the meat of the matter. Seems there was a war a brewing and has been for quite some time. The sound of this causes Hakuren to shake her head disappointingly. This was a horrible situation because no one benefits from a prolonged war. This Tatumas used the souls of eleven individuals to create this binding ritual. If she took care of these eleven major artifacts the curse would likely end. There is also the idea of attacking him directly, but neither of these plans were appealing. To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is. This is something Hakuren truly believes, but how would she defeat him without fighting.

“Nazoraeru.”
The word itself cannot be adequately rendered by any English word; for it is used in relation to many kinds of mimetic magic, as well as in relation to the performance of many religious acts of faith. Common meanings of nazoraeru, according to dictionaries, are to imitate, to compare, to liken; but the esoteric meaning is to substitute, in imagination, one object or action for another, so as to bring about some magical or miraculous result. For example: you cannot afford to build a Buddhist temple; but you can easily lay a pebble before the image of the Buddha, with the same pious feeling that would prompt you to build a temple if you were rich enough to build one.

Instead of fighting this man, why not give him what he wants. Within the Black Bazaar she owns a shop, in which she deals with memories both semantic and episodic. Normally she does business through trades, giving memories in exchange for memories. However occasionally she does come across those who dare not offer any of their memories and instead pay in cash. “I believe I can help you, but it will cost you. My price is simple. I want the memories of this princess of Jemmadan; all of them.”

Maru soon comes to address Hakuren with things that doesn’t really matter. She could not figure out why Maru would even care about himself looking younger. He was a puppet and thus he would always be eternally young. Hakuren also found it to be quite obvious already that the artifacts were useful. “Yes the item in question is here. However I need you to play without me from here on." She looks towards the host of the event. “I’m afraid I must remove myself from the tournament to attend to other matters.” Lord Shishidou should understand her reason. Looking back at Maru she tells him, “I leave the games in your capable hands.”

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The ancient immortal remnant of her father’s spirit was literally a shadow of the King he had once been but the toils of fighting a dark god’s minion could wear away the staunchest defenders. Of the original eleven sacrifices one was now awake for the first time in eons. Pandora whose true name had been forgotten had finally attained enough souls to gain a new one of her own. After so many centuries she was now able to eat, sleep, breath, defecate, urinate. Sensations long ago lost to her returned in a flurry as her spiritually defined body was made flesh by the sacrifices of gamblers and desperate men and women. When she had been sacrificed she had been 16 going on 30 in her mind and this body represented everything that she had ever wanted to be when she grew up. Pandora was now a creature of vast wants, needs, and lust.

Maru would serve those needs, HE BELONGED TO HER. The mark of time was now bonded to Maru as Pandora was both free and bound to Maru she was still just an aspect of time and her true form was a form of timekeeping until fully released as a humanoid aspect of eternal beauty.

After using the restroom she found herself relieved. A quick rinse and clean provided her with a cheerful moment as well but she knew that she would have to return to the timepiece lest she lose her newly released form. With the return of living breathing, metallic, spirit sensitive flesh, the eternal timepiece now known as Pandora returned to her savior. Her terribly gifted Maru… She could feel it. Like her, Maru was a monster and their time together would set the world on fire. Once her jailer was destroyed she would truly be free. The cycle of blood and souls within this temple would all but cease and then she could see the world once more.

Hakuren bowed out of the tournament which excited a few of the remaining players whom thought she might have gotten cold feet after seeing how easily life was lost around her.
Hakuren’s request was taken by the guardian and with it a decision was made.
“You may partake of her memories but know this. She has not endured an easy life and even worse a bitter taste of the afterlife, you may be strong but I am uncertain if you can endure her memories. I have forgotten more than I can imagine just to maintain a shred of sanity. Yet your powers give me hope, so take what memories you may from her but know there will be equivalent exchange.”<i></i>

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Nani?” Maru said in confusion. Hakuren was leaving the tournament already? But she didn't even get a chance to play, much less participated in the tournament itself from what he knew. Perhaps she was going to get this guy to give their that possessed doll she was looking for, after all with all these weird artifacts around its more than likely that it's here. “Alright, I'll handle things here while you do whatever. Wish me luck.” He said, turning around to leave Hakuren to whatever she was doing looking up to see her name vanish from the gamblers chart however there were still some people around and while he waited to see who he was going up against he noticed that the chart was always changing. Some peoples names vanished for good, then vanished and came back only to disappear a couple seconds later.

The wheels in his head turning, looking over at a table to gaze at two other gamblers while he planned on what he would do next. He could imagine if he won big like he did with Lady Shinezen then if he took someone's soul and take half of their fortune he could see himself beginning as wealthy as a god. Visions of gold and meeting up with first class people, he could almost see that the fancy jewelry he would probably be winning if he was lucky enough. His thoughts became interrupted when he found his new companion Pandora, who looked a bit more real than she did when he first seen her. Her skin looked flawless, her hair smooth as silk, and Maru couldn't help but notice how huge her chest. The young mercenary couldn't help but chuckle, then something that his student said came to mind.

Maru cleared his throat, trying to seem cool since this was the first woman who actually showed him some interest. “Back already, huh? Wanted to tell you thanks for helping me in that game, we sure won a lot.“ he said, a slight chuckle came to him again trying to find what to walk about. “So while we wait to be called on, why don't ya tell me a bit about yourself. I'm sure you probably got something interesting to say, sugar." He shrugged. He knew little bits and pieces about Pandora, could even find out anyway because they seemed to have been bonded together but he was just curious. That and because they might would be waiting a while anyway so he would probably more than enough time to get to know his temporal mistress. Especially since Hakuren disappeared to do… well whatever she was going to do.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The bird that was with Hakuren fly into the game room once again and lands on Hakuren’s shoulder. “The exchange is I end your little war. Is that not enough for you?” Personally she believe she was the one being cheated in the deal. Should she succeed, he would attain something of immense value in his eyes. Besides she was not stealing the memories from her; she was copying the memories. Hakuren would immediately place the only copied memories into the bird without even looking at them. Taking a whole life’s worth of memories into oneself is not wise for it could cause the perception of one’s self to be drastically altered. However this is what she was going for with the bird. This worshiper of Jashin wants Lady Shishidou; she will give her to him. It is our memories that makes us who we are. “Now can you take me to this Tatumas? I believe I can negotiate terms that will satisfy both parties and end this war peacefully.” Hopefully there was a way to speak with the man without having to jump through hurdles.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Pandora sat with Maru her last memories of her original life were of touching herself while looking at the picture of a handsome man whom eerily resembled Maru. She had been 16 years old when the curse fell upon her and her classmates forever binding their souls to their most treasured items while their bodies were sacrificed for power.

Pandora looked at Maru dreamily as she sat in an indecent way across from him, ”There is not much I could tell you Maru-sama, I was a school girl, then I was gone and now for a brief moment I am here with you waiting to be fulfilled. I vaguely remember I had a friend that was much younger than me but incredibly gifted and smart. I remember wanting a man just like you in my life. Now you must return my soul to the timepiece lest I lose my form. You may be immortal right now but keeping me around for too long can take away the strength of immortals and mortals alike. I want to properly thank you for this taste of freedom and your gift of a temporal true body some-day. I will return to my place for now but I want to be with you again soon.”<i></i>

Pandora soon felt incredibly tired and she simply vanished into the dim lights of the gambling den to return to the watch that slowly unfused from Maru. Suddenly Maru felt lighter and twice as strong. Maru had not noticed but invoking Pandora cut his chakra by 70%, had he not taken the remaining spiritual energy of one of the gamblers whom had bet against him Maru would have run out of chakra in a few more minutes from maintaining a full flesh and blood Pandora. This knowledge soaked itself into Maru’s mind as the equivalent exchange for Pandora’s abilities was quite high.

Lord Shishidou nodded to Hakuren, he could not understand what she had planned but he hoped it would work. The ancient remnant led her down a series of stairwells that had she just been exploring would have taken her years to figure as the stairwells somehow changed their final destination points in response to movement and something else un-describable.

It was just a fleeting feeling but Hakuren could have sworn her new eye was feeling a fear within itself. After descending the multiple stair wells for what seemed like hours the remnant of Lord Shishiduo would stop and point.

”This is as far as I can go, if you were to give of yourself I would give my remaining power to you as your blood seems to be able to shatter Tatumas’s power over us and I would rather give myself to you than remain a part of this temple any longer. I believe through you that I might finally see our tormentor instead of fighting an eternal war of attrition that I fear has never bothered him in the slightest.”<i></i>

A massive seal surrounded the stairwell and seemed to be etched into the stone leading into the chamber atop the final stairwell. Weapons, pots, pans, and personal items lined the walls just before a massive door. The faint sound of music could be heard as well.

They had somehow arrived on what seemed to be the bottom floor as the stairs now lead up into a chamber. There would be no one to aid her if she called for help now. Could she possibly end this struggle on her own?

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The host guides her down to the place she wishes to travel. She was glad she decided to talk to the man instead of trying to figure things out on her own. Even if she found out the story of what was going on in this place another way, there would be no way she could ever find her way to this place. The staircases move as they walk directing them to where they needed to go and it all seems like magic. This must be what Dandee felt about jutsu. Hakuren never thought she would be on the other side of that equation. As she journey down her eye seems to respond with fear; an echo of emotion.

The lord tells her that this is as far as he can go and tell her his wishes to join her in the same contract as her glass eye. “No, I was ignorant that there was a spirit living in these artifacts. I have unawaringly performed a ritual I would rather not have done. Feeding you my blood may indeed separate you from Tatumas, but will bind you to me. Instead of being property for Jashin’s will, you will now belong to the Night Mother. Do you think switching allegiance from a god of murder to a goddess of death would be much of a change? No, I would not do that to you. If I’m not back in an hour send Maru to come down and rescue me.” The man also mentions how he believes that Tatumas has never bothered him in the slightest with this war. Hakuren feels that this is a lack of perspective on the his part for Hakuren does not see it that way.

When Hakuren looks at Tatumus’ situation, she see a man made to stand in a pool of water beneath a fruit tree with low branches, with the fruit ever eluding his grasp, and the water always receding before he could take a drink. The object of his desire is so close and yet so far away. No this man was also in torment for this prolonged war.

Hakuren knocks on the door to announce her arrival. Unfortunately she does not have the strength to open the door. The door was immense and she was a frail lass not even strong enough to lift something half her weight. If she was to enter Tatumus’ domain, someone would have to let her in.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Maru thought that it was pretty interesting of how mysterious Pandora's story was, but she also reminded him that she was taking a lot of chakra which the young mercenary seemed to have forgotten. It seemed that she was pretty tired so he allowed her to simply vanish into the dim lights of the gambling den to return inside of his watch which slowly began to unfuse itself from his wrist. That was when he felt himself starting to get a little, dizzy… How much chakra did he feed her? He felt like he lost a good portion of his chakra, it was a good thing that she unfused with him when she did otherwise he would've passed out or something. Couldn't make money when you're unconscious but at least he learned a few things about her before she vanished. For starters, Pandora was a young school girl around the same age when he first became a human puppet. Like him, her soul was bounded in a similar fashion like how his soul used to be bounded to a cylinder in which he could use to swap out of puppet bodies, lucky for him his black pearl butler gave him a more fleshy non artificial body. Giving him the abilities of an immortal. He also got vague memories about her being a sacrifice to Jashin. He gotten a few bits and pieces for her origin but that was about it.

For now, Maru decided to rest so he could begin recovering some of his chakra that he lost. The young mercenary watching a couple gamblers waiting for one to croak so he could take some of spiritual energy. He was like a vulture waiting for one of them to screw up so he could collect the leftovers. Speaking in which, he looked on the tournament chart to see who he would be going against. Hopefully it was someone as wealthy as Lady Shinezen who he would probably be meeting up with when this tournament was all over.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting in the center of an empty chamber brimming with energy of thousands of lost souls gambled away by sinners, seekers, lost, hopeful, dastardly, and good was the boy whom had fallen for a girl whom refused to love him. A boy whom had made a pact to become everything she wanted in a guy with the lord of murder.
ZXdO0e9.jpg

Tatumas looked upon Hakuren with eyes that had cried a thousand years. His irises themselves were red. His skin was perfectly alabaster white. His hair as black as night, his masculinity was true but so were his feminine qualities. He had once been an awkward book struck merchant's son until he had discovered the tomes of Jashin. He had followed the ritual of power tenfold, sacrificing friend and foe alike to attain what he thought was true love only to be rejected. As part of his bargain with Jashin he had to continuously feed the eternal lord of murder with souls. He had done so but he had refused to give Jashin the soul he demanded. He refused to give up the soul of the one he loved most and in doing so had spent hundreds of years feeding Jashin in restitution until Hakuren had appeared and severed the chains on the occular soul item that had been offered as a gift to her. She had come bearing an avian species he barely recognized as he never left the center of the glyph lest Jashin manifest himself fully to claim her. Tatumas would not allow that so he became the literal cork on an eternally gluttonous bottle. Shishidou-hime was his treasure and his alone, not even a god could take her from him.

"Hello scion of darkness, I never thought I would have a visitor here so I have no hospitality to offer. How may I help you?"

As Maru tested out his new powers and remade body, the memories of Princess Shishidou were copied into a bird by Hakuren before she was led to the base of the mystic temple. An odd feeling came over him as he lucked over to see Danudee getting strapped into an electric chair to prepare for his match against Maru. Bets were flying against Maru but Maru knew for certain no electric chair could kill him. Danudee was well known in these halls and well loved. He had never taken a life or bet against someone's soul. He was also the only one to ever escape a death match on luck alone and still give the loser some of his winnings and help said loser win his next match.

The remaining gamblers all came by to give Maru their condolences. Fortunes had been bet against Maru's capabilities as Danudee had never lost. Resting within the flow of her timepiece Pandora saw that one man had already made a bet for Maru to win his next match long before the match was ever decided without even knowing whom Maru was going against. Pandora had seen and felt the flow of time work with said gambler. Only one man has such a dynamic aura. As he got comfortable his shades began to glow. His future was so bright he literally had to wear shades.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren enters the chamber; so empty it was and yet so full. Fortunately Hakuren was not of one that is sensitive to the astral plane. She could not perceive the many spirits within the room in a normal sense. Shivers ran up and down her spin like she was walking through a graveyard at night. In the center of the room was a handsome man sitting on top of some sort of glyph. Hakuren found his appearance quite pleasing to the eye and finds it unfortunate that he is so dead set on another girl. The person welcome her not unkindly. “My name is Hakuren. Forgive me for poking my nose wear it doesn’t belong.” Hakuren walks closer to Tatumas and sits just outside the seal. “No one benefits from a prolonged war and I was hoping to serve as a mediator to end it peacefully. I believe something can be done to satisfy both parties… But first, may I ask what is your side of the story.” Lord Shishidou could have very well spun nothing but lies. Hakuren could always glance through the memories to be sure, but still she wants to hear the story form Tatumas’ point of view.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

After testing his abilities and watching the other gamblers go head to head with one another, his name was called then he jolted in the realization that he was next then sat up. When he saw who his opponent was, he snickered since this guy seemed pretty normal from what he heard from Hakuren’s and his conversation. It was the Danudee. Although he didn't exactly know what abilities that his gift had, he was pretty certain that this guy didn't have more lives like he did. Not like he did that was for sure, a electric chair wouldn't be enough to kill him from what his black pearl butler had told him. So he intended on being a little reckless… After all, gambling is mostly all about risk which was the fun part about it.

As Maru walked by, some of the remaining gamblers were giving condolences and bets were flying against him because this guy apparently never lost which was a pity considering how much much other people lost when he went against Lady Shinezen. Perhaps they thought that the young mercenary won because it was beginners luck, after all it was his first time actually playing on a serious level. But from the luck he was feeling right now and the power of both his Black Pearl Butler and his Pandora, he felt like all the cards was in his hands. Despite all the people betting agaist him there was one person who did betted on Maru to win, that guy had a lot to gain from Maru winning and a lot to lose if he didn't. “Sorry about Hakuren, she wasn't able to play you. Had better things to do I guess.” He said, removing his top hat so he could allow himself to be strapped the electric chair without a look of dread or fear on his face. “Let the best man win, good luck.” The rogue said in kind of a mocking tone.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Danudee leaned forward to shake Maru’s hand… (There was absolutely no malice or ill intent in this man, for some odd reason) He was far too positive. (If Maru shakes his hand he will receive a massive jolt of benevolent chakra) ((If Maru does not shake his hand Danudee’s smile won’t fade but he will acknowledge that Maru is a serious gambler))

The gamblers had all placed their bets but Maru knew 1 out of the 36 people remaining had bet on him.
Pandora emerged on her own without bonding to Maru a massive surge of energy emanated from the very floors beneath as Hakuren confronted Tatumas. Because of her powers she was like an equalizer to Tatumas quelling the dark power of Jashin that fed upon the souls within the former palace turned temple/gambling den.

Maru would find that several gentlemen in hope of winning Lady Shinezen’s favor had bet their souls against his in a desperate bid to take hold of the Merchant Lady’s empire. These gentlemen all worked for an infamous Sunan rogue whom went by the name of Aburabata. This was what the whispers the butler’s feelers and personal tendrils had picked up as he continuously spied on the competition to make sure he kept his lady dearest alive and well despite her losses. Even now remnants of the butler’s binding tendrils within her body fed her energy to make sure she recovered.

Tatumas began his tale… It was a common story with a horrible curse attached… Tatumas had been a rather ugly child but his intellect and abilities knew few limits. When he was assigned to be Princess Shishidou’s companion for literature and arithmetic his entire world shifted. He had always been a gangly little boy but in his mind he was a valiant sorcerer and alchemist. Princess Shishidou confided in him everything she wanted in a man of her very own. The dark prince that would sweep her off her feet and take her away from everything that bored or caused her concern or fear. So Tatumas diligently took note on her every word. ((He could not know that although she took pity on him she did not like him in the slightest. She simply used him to void her feelings and her thoughts. She never imagined that her every word would take root in the ugly swarthy merchant boy.))

Tatumas had once possessed dark, freckled, patch work skin. His hands were stained from ink and spices from working since he was five years old to become the smartest merchant in all of Wind Country at a young age. It was said his genius could make the desert a forest. Tatumas was that smart but he had fallen in love with the wrong girl and she inadvertently toyed with his heart ignorantly and without a care in the world until it was too late.

Lady Shishidou told Tatumas she wanted a Prince with long black hair, skin the color of alabaster marble, eyes as dark as night. A dancer’s body but a man’s muscle, hands, and feet. She wanted a Prince that could take her into the skies and serenade her into the night. Tatumas was so smitten that he broke into the black temple of Jashin and took the book of the damned from its hidden creche. No one had ever entered that temple and returned alive where Tatumas with his love smitten soul waded through it like a child in a toy store and carelessly found a way to attain the most dangerous toy in the entire catalog.

Tatumas read the book from cover to cover but each time he opened the book it had new information. So, after three weeks of studying Tatumas decided to do just as Princess Shishidou had TOLD HIM. He would become her dark-haired prince. The first person he sacrificed for power was Lord Shishidou, the father the princess never loved because she blamed him for her mother leaving them. With this sacrifice Tatumas gained incredibly beautiful hair, that could neither burn or be cut by a normal bladed instrument.

The second sacrifice was her hired companion Enki, his sacrifice gave Tatumas perfect alabaster skin that would never sunburn or freckle up.

The third sacrifice ensured perfect teeth and beautiful pouty boy toy lips…

The fourth sacrifice granted him enough wealth to buy a title and become an actual Prince of his tribe… which he secretly did earning his name in tribal records as the black merchant prince.

Week by Week he would sacrifice those whom caught her ire, anyone who sullied her name, anyone that was a threat to her their blood stained the walls of this very temple and their souls fed to Jashin. Her hired companions stuck by her, many became true friends and guardians seeking to help her be a stronger person after her father’s demise. With the King’s demise she would have come to power on her 18th birthday but the king’s younger brother took the throne and with it her birthright as she was relegated to a lesser state.

Shishidou-hime decided to speak to her merchant friend again on her 17th birthday. That was when Tatumas re-presented himself as her dark merchant prince and offered his love and his power to her for all time. Her family lineage was blessed with holy powers and because of that all she saw was the power of Jashin warping her friend’s form. No matter how beautiful a man he had become she could see the cursed lines of power and sacrifice upon his very being and with that she was repulsed from him. She could not change her lineage to accept him and when she read his journals she found out Tatumas had sacrificed her father and many of her friends for the power to become her dark prince. It drove her mad, she could not face him directly with all the power he had gained from Jashin so she had her flesh turned to steel and became a living metal doll so that she could fight Tatumas evenly and for eternity if need be. Tatumas could never bring himelf to harm her but her minions and friends were a different game altogether. Each one he was forced to strike down and curse them. Forcing them to take the form of the objects they most used or abused while living.

All this was made known to Hakuren and a conclusion to the memories within the bird and Tatumas’s story was made apparent…

Centuries have passed and their minds have broken with sadness and revenge. Jashin laughs at their eternal torment and all the souls it feeds him.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Danudee leaned forward to shake Maru's hand and to show good sportsmanship, the rogue stretched his hand to the Danudee to politely shake it giving the man a wink while he relaxed in his electric chair as if to offer the man another good luck before getting himself prepared. When the rogue got a grasp onto the man's hand, he soon found out that this man wasn't just an average joe like he originally thought he was from that massive jolt in his chakra. The rogue released the man's hand before putting his hands on table before the final bets against Maru being 1 person for him and 36 people against him. Getting a glance at the chart which made some people confident enough to keep betting against him looked more like:
Dokuso Maru:
1 to 36 odds for winning;

Probability of:
Winning = 3%
Losing = 98%

"Odds for" winning: 1:36
"Odds against" winning: 36:1

VS

Danudee:
36 to 1 odds for winning;

Probability of:
Winning =98%
Losing = 3%

"Odds for" winning: 36:1
"Odds against" winning: 1:36

The rogue snickered to himself, narrowing his eyes with a smug look thinking to himself. ‘Yeesh these people really want me to lose don't they.’ He thought before taking a glance to his side seeing that Pandora was out of the watch the rogue was concerned that he might've activated his watch on accident when he shook the Danudee’s hand. Then he shrugged, she was his luck charm anyway so it was better early than later.’Those gentleman over there….’ startled Maru jolted upwards to see who was that who was talking to him, but when he listened closely the whispers he was hearing came from his black pearl butler. ’Are after that 50% of Sandsailor's Deliveries and Retrievals. They work for a Suna rogue by the name of Aburabata who is after Lady Shinezen's empire.’ Bringing a hand to his chin he looked at the individuals that his butler was talking about. He didn't think the lady he was gambling with was that important, usually in Crater City you get mostly thieves and criminals that you would go against in a high stakes gambling like this but if theres people putting their lives on the line to get their hands on her empire how important was this lady.

’Hmm well then, best pull out the big guns. Thanks.’ he thought to himself knowing his black pearl butler would probably already hear him. So now the goal here was simple, win then the problem with these guys would be mostly gone. He looked up at his Temporal Mistress Pandora for a moment, extending his chakra to his watch so she would be able to guide him on the possible futures that he wanted if not show him what would happen if he was to do X, Y, and Z. Just needed a small peek into what he should do since he had both the power to change fate and the power to cheat death.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren was unsure if her original answer was the right one after all. After hearing Tatumas’ tale, she believes a separation from Jashin is in order. The Yamanaka have been known to possess a higher state of mind, having a clear and sharp mentality one might even call Enlightened. As a family of Yamanaka the Taisen clan seeks enlightenment. “I see the problem. As a non-shinobi I am sure you don’t know much about chakras. Chakras are pools of energy that swirl and flow throughout the body. If life was perfect it would flow pure and clear, but as you well know life is messy. Things tend to fall into the pools and prevents the energy from flowing. Still pools of water left uncheck become toxic and unhealthy. There is a way that we can cleanse your chakras and allow the energies to flow once more. I believe this is the only way to end this horrible curse that has been placed upon you. If you allow me I shall aid you in this practice.” This will be a difficult journey for Tatumas to endevor. He may find trouble allow the way, but Hakuren truly believe this is the best course of action. Jashin uses his power to corrupt his worshipers and though this he has a hold over them. Hakuren believes through removing this corruption Tatumas will be freed from Jashin’s will.

[OCC: sorry for the shortness. Thanksgiving is coming. So much to do.]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatumas tightens his hands with hope instead of guilt for the first time in centuries. "I am willing to listen to any end to this curse but I must warn you though your power may surpass mine Jashin is not easily crossed." Tatumas manifested a chair for Hakuren to sit in while he maintained his own seal on Jashin's wrath. His powers were all self taught and brought forth by pure will. He was holding back Jashin's grasp for his soul by will and lessons from a cursed book for so long with only the souls of gamblers as fodder. All things considered he had held on well.

Danudee waited for the dealer to come deal out the cards. As he did so he nodded to Maru in a cheerful manner and smiled, "Sir, It is an honor to have my last gambling tournament with you. Thank you for sparing my cousin Lady Shinezen, she was in a lot of debt until she lost half her fortune to you now the criminals that were after her industry will most likely come after you but I feel after witnessing your skills this afternoon that you can handle anything that comes your way. I just have a really good feeling about you so I am going to bet it all on my next three hands. Feel free to make any wager you like I am not out to take your life or your fortune I am just here to enjoy high stakes gambling. SOooOOooo I am betting these magic shades and 100000 yen. Whaddyasay... want to match my wager?"<i></i>

OOC: Happy Thanksgiving everyone from the USA, happy holidays to everyone

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“We shall do this together.” Tatumas will not be the only one to be freed from a deity’s grasp. Hakuren smiles as he mention crossing Jashin will not be easy. She figures the same could be said of the night mother. “First we need a guide.” The bird Hakuren brought transforms into an old woman. The bird carried memories of more than just the girl Tatumas desired. The crow also had some of the memories of one of the elder’s in the Taisen clan. It was this wise old crone that takes the chair manifested by Tatumas. “This is a representation of one of the elders of my clan. She will be the one guiding the two of us into cleansing our chakras.”

Hakuren then dismisses her chakra armor thus leaving her sitting in front of Tatumas completely naked. Gazing upon her body Tatumas would see various markings going down her body. These seals represent the ranking one has with in the Taisen clan. New members to the clan whether through marriage or birth is given a seal on the lower region of the body. As they rank up they will get new seals placed higher up the body as they go. Each seal is a flower that represents a different stage of enlightenment. One must demonstrate what they learn to the elders of the clan to achieve a higher seal. Hakuren’s highest seal was in the center of the forehead, which is normally hidden by her headband.

The old woman then begins to speak. “There are seven chakra that go up the body and each pool of energy has a purpose and can be blocked by a specific kind of emotional muck. Be warned that this will be an intense experience. Are you two ready.” Hakuren gives a nod and if Tatumas does the same she will continue. “First is the Muladhara located at the base of the spine.” Though Tatumas cannot see it since Hakuren is facing him, Hakuren has the symbol for the Muladhara on her around the place mentioned by the old crone. “It deals with survival and is blocked by fear. What are you afraid of? Let your fears become clear to you.”

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Oh, Lady Shinezen is your cousin.” he said, looking down at his cards as the dealer handed them out. He shrugged, honestly the black pearl butler helped to convince him to spare the woman. “It's nothing I had help from a friend to see your cousin's life was valuable, that and her being good looking helped with my choice." the rogue chuckled. Upon hearing what the man had to say, Lady Shinezen was in debt and now the criminals that were looking for their money would be after him too since he owned half her company. Yikes, he only had her fortune for only a moment and already some bums were holding their hands out. Lucky for him the guy he was sitting on the other end wasn't after his fortune nor is he out to take his life so perhaps he'll go easy on him at least for a couple hands.

“Hmm…. Sure I'll match your bet.” The rogue smirked before stating what he was betting. “How about 200,000 Yen and my black pearl Lady Shinezen had. The spirit that lives inside of it seems to really like your cousin from what I could tell.” He teased the black pearl butler, deciding to make this more of an agreement rather than a all out gamble. When Danudee decide that he was all in, that was when Maru would put all he has on the table though he had to admit he was way nicer than Lady Shinezen that's for sure, hopefully he would get the option to at least spare the man without any strings attached. He just wanted to get rich not hurt people who don't wish to hurt him physically.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ooc: sorry about the wait, been getting reamed at work.

Tatumas had never seen seals of such power before and Hakuren was almost as beautiful as his princess had been before the curse of Jashin befell her. "Though she has hurt me in ways I can never recover from I still love her. If this is a way to set her free then I will follow your instructions to the letter."<i></i> Tatumas manifested the black book and released his seal upon it allowing the dark magic to flow once more magnifying the power of the temple one thousand fold. As he set the book aside Jashin attempted to take control of Tatumas again only to find his path blocked by something new. Something new and familiar... since it was something new Jashin backed away to observe and enjoy this NEW challenge. Mimicking Hakuren's stance Tatumas set himself before the manifested elder and followed her instructions. It made things easier for him that the amalgamated transformation carried the voice of the one Tatumas loved.

His fears were never for himself, Hakuren would see that Tatumas was quite fearless, he did however fear he would never know the love of Shishidou-hime. He feared that he would never be able to free her of Jashin's curse. A black chain of pure dark chakra manifested from the black book of spells Tatumas had sat beside him. It reared up with a barbed tip like a scorpion's stinger before plunging into the base of spine before turning into shimmering steel and anchoring itself to the base of the tower. A rumble shook the dimensional chamber they were in. Jashin felt a loss of power but he was amused at what he was seeing anyway.

Stripped of a layer of magic Tatumas gained an expansive layer of muscle beneath his thin flesh. Life was returning to his body in a roundabout way.

Danudee nodded to Maru's bet on the black pearl and placed his magic shades on the pile of cash. It was then that Pandora saw the shades and took two steps back from the table. The shades were pure evil, they couldn't harm Danudee because of his nature but if anyone else were to wear them they could be possessed by Pandora's former classmate the murderous assassin Shoshimo. A former guardian of the Princess of lions before he was slain by Tatumas for plotting against her. He was one of many servants that Tatumas had been forced to kill to protect the princess, not that Shishidou-hime ever knew. Because of Shoshimo's presence suddenly growing in power Pandora's powers were all but nullified.

Maru might notice Pandora beginning to sweat as she backed away from the table while other gamblers feeling the atmosphere change got closer.
Energy began to flow through the electric chairs but it was not to electrocute it was just a signal that the chairs were very much functional.

The first hand was dealt.... it looked like the game would be high stakes black jack

Maru received 2 cards, a black 3 of spades and a red 9 of hearts

Danudee received and Ace of spades and and red 8 of diamonds

Maru was totaled at 12
Danudee was totaled at 19

who would stay and who would hit?

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back