Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Pop-Goes:The Terror In Normal School [Exam]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The speakers of the intercom came on, with a few taps on the microphone Maru's voice came through the speakers through. "Hello! Hello! Hello! This thing on? Hey, so like… I need a couple of students to help me with something in a classroom on the third floor. Something got in the academy and like WON'T FU- I mean freaking leave." Maru explain sounding a bit stressed than usual. "Will two brave souls meet me to deal with it so I can continue my research, I'm offering gennin to the first two who finishes the task. Third floor, look for the angry fox guy with torn up clothing and his stress relief magazine. Good? Good!" the communication cuts off there. Knowing Maru it could be a demon that snuck it's way into the school and he just didn't want to deal with it right now. Some of the academy students were a bit reluctant.. though some were excited to get gennin just handed to them… who would be the first lucky souls….

…..​

Maru stood patiently, distracting himself with his dirty fox girl magazine his tails wagged as he looked at a certain image, the magazine held in front of him so he could allow his drool to drip to the floor. "Hehehehe." He giggled while he looked at an image of a thicc fox girl in wearing one of those short red smoking kimono's, a good enough distraction to what's going on in classroom 3-6. Inside the classroom were three weasels who laughed as they shredded through books on chakra control and through some mock written chunin exams with their sharp metallic claws. Riding the winds as they made gashes on the walls, scratched desk, and broken chairs. After having their fun the three weasels regrouped at the teacher's desk laughing and swinging their claws. "Y'all heard that, he's sending academy students to do his dirty work. Guess the big bad fox couldn't handle a few little weasel's." one mocked, another of the weasels looking a bit worried. "Shouldn't we be getting lost? Our claws can't cut through the doors to get into any of the other rooms but if we creep through the windows we could clear this whole building out." The second weasels brandished it's claws, the third and last one looked a bit worried. "Just don't cut them up too bad, my healing jam is starting to run out and we can't actually leave a fatal wound on them." the third weasel said, the three were tricksters not killers hence why they prefer cutting up and healing their victim to scare them up a bit. A few scrapes but all their victims always leave alive most of the time.

"Let's see who drops by first, really wanna see the two stugades that he would send in here with us. 'Look at me I'm Supreme Commander let me call students for help because I don't want my clothes ruined.'" the first weasels mocked then all three of the mean furry animals began to laugh causing a vein to pop on Maru's forehead. 'Easy Maru, when they get beat by a couple of children that would show them before I make weasels see.' he thought to himself as he brought himself back to his happy place by looking at the nude images of fox girls. His clothes tattered due to the weasel's assault when he tried to walk in there himself…

[Gennin Exam has began!]

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami drifted gracefully across the training floor in the performance of kata. She found it more useful than meditation for keeping herself centred which was extremely important these days. It was time, she decided, her instructors seemed to agree. Time for her to move on from the position of student and into Gennin but when? And how? When she posed the question she was told to be patient, that a final exam would be prepared in time, that she should just make sure to be ready for it.

So she was, she wore her tools with her wherever she went. She jumped at shadows, leapt at students she though were about to approach her. It was starting to earn her whispers and so she decided, ultimately, to catch her breath and try to relax. She had managed to lower her guard down from a Defcon 1 to a casual Defcon 3.

Still, the intercom nearly made her leap out of her skin. She made it 3 feet up into the air and nearly loose a kunai before realizing it wasn't a surprise ambush. Oh thank god, she swelled with joy when she heard the words Gennin.

"Finally!" she bellowed out in a sense of frustrated relief as the announcement rounded out. She grinned, two Gennin spots offered to almost certainly the exact two Academy Students in earshot who qualified to advance to Gennin. She didn't hesitate, broke into a dead sprint down the halls and swiftly up to the third floor, sliding to a stop as she rounded the hallway and stopped. Her eyes scanned for a trace of danger.

A long moment passed in silence. Hm, maybe the real challenge would begin when she arrived, she thought and made her way down the hallway, peering into the doorways as she went until finally-

Her heart sank. "...Maru-sensei?" she said, barely audible above a whisper. Aw come on, anyone but him! She finally took a moment to replay the intercom message in her head. Her future in the hands of that...! She hid her sour face after only a moment, he asked for help, after all, he'd probably be professional when getting help right? Her eyes scanned the magazine briefly and a supreme doubt held strong in her. It didn't matter, this was more important. She strode forward and cleared her throat to muster all the authority her little eleven-year-old frame could muster.

"Reporting to assist, sir! How can I help?"

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
The life of one Watanabe Ai was about to get more interesting. To be perfectly honest she would have been fine with a simple life. The whole reason she had ever come to cloud in the first place was because circumstances had pushed her to leave that lazy little farm she had called home. Now there was a call to action and as the tall girl sat in nook reading books on water element jutsu there came the announcement. It really echoed through the halls, and Ai couldn’t say if there was truly any other Academy students here right now - but to be honest she was interested in not having to take a written final exam. She recognized the voice too. It was the fellow with all the ghosts earlier.

It was certainly going to be interesting.

When it came to Taijutsu Ai was fairly confident in herself, so while she had no knowledge of what Maru was going to be asking for her to do, she was pretty sure she could resolve whatever it was by Brute force. She was big after all. 6 feet tall and only ten years old, a literal giant among her peers at this age. Thus the shadow of the colossus fell across the floor as she rose to her feet. She headed up the stairs and heard some other students complaining that they didn’t want anything to do with Maru - so she wasn’t really worried about someone else getting there before her.

After all, who was crazy enough for that?

On the third floor she saw just that. A student raced through the halls to the office. Ai shrugged and walked over to the office shortly after.

Ai was a six foot tall 10 year old girl, at this age she was slightly androgynous but her hips were certainly beginning to flair, and despite being somewhat lanky, one could tell that her bones were prepared for the size she would become as an adult. Them farms feed them kids good. Her clothes were tight on her body, hand me downs from her brother, who wasn’t nearly as tall as her. She wore a gray shirt and a pair of stiff pants that had seen more than their share of farm work. She did have a shuriken holster on her thigh - but it was full of rusted old shuriken.

She would have to rely on herself and her jutsu.

Stepping through the doorframe behind Nanami, but trying not to startle her as she moved beside her, Ai ended up giving Maru a polite bow. She held her hands in front of herself as she inclined her torso before him.

”Good Morning Maru Sensei.” Ai’s country accent was very heavy and perhaps a little intelligible if you weren’t familiar with it. Fortunately she and Maru had already spoken at least once before. She straightened and remained otherwise silent but expectant, with her hands clasped at her waist line.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru's ears twitched with each crashing sound that cake from the classroom, one would think that those jerks would be tired of tearing up the classroom. How much chakra could those little monsters possibly have he wondered. It won't be long before those little fur balls would get bored then start terrorizing the entire school, the little jerks. He turned the page of his adult magazine when all of the sudden Maru was startled by a child who just yelled at him to make her presence known. Almost causing him to jump out of his skin, he flinched with a yelp and held his chest as if the child almost gave him a heart attack. "By the love of Lord Emna! You didn't need to yell." Maru shouted at the child, reaching on top of his head to pick in his ear but glad that there was one student on time. "Well at least you're first, wonder who you're partner would be." He waited, then not soon after a student whom he recognized joined them. It was the giant country student he met in the obstacle course. Good cause the short, loud, loli girl would need a brute to smash things plus hopefully Eye would scare the damn weasels by just showing up. He's sure he'd be threaded since she was twice their size with the only problem that she was a bit too… gentle? Or at least not as an intimidating demon as he would've liked her to be.

When Ai had started to bow, he waited for a moment until she was just at his height so he could thwack her on top of the head with his magazine. "Didn't I tell you before not to bow, I'm not interested in kiddie boobs." Maru scolded, why would someone like this would bow before anyone he had no idea. Sure it was proper but when you are taller than just saying hi with a wave or a simple handshake would suffice. He looked at the two students that he had before him before hearing the sounds of footsteps coming up the stairs to meet him. Seeing a couple of students who had been too slow who was looking forward to finally becoming a full fledged ninja only to have their dreams ripped away by the two girls who were standing in front of Maru before slowly going back down since the two young kunoichi had beat them to the exam first… having to let the other students who were too slow know that they won't be getting a headband no time soon. Maru chuckled at this, thinking he should do more exams like this before deciding to get the ball rolling on this exam and hopefully be rid of the weasels once and for all.

"Welp, glad you two made it. Anyway the task I have for the two of you is simple…." He pointed his magazine at the classroom were there were loud laughing and the sounds of things breaking. "Get those damn weasels out of my school! They broke in through the window, started cutting students and staff then healed them just because they could. I would've eaten them by now but…." Maru frowned. "They used a Ninjustu that disables all my offensive justu. It won't have any affect on you two for sure but it kinda makes me pretty useless so I'm sending you two in." He said, then leaned back not explaining any more. Maru opened his nudie magazine then, then shooed the two off to go fight the weasels. "Go in there, beat em up, and headbands are yours with a shining letter of recommendation to a branch of your choice. You die you fail. One of you die you fail. You two get knocked out you fail. Deal? Deal." He said, then flipped the page to an image he hadn't seen before and the eyeholes in his mask widen in surprise. 'Holy Smoke!' he thought, then a sharp toothy grin spread across his face showing off his canine like teeth and drool began to leak from his mouth. "Hehe hehe~♥ Now that's what I'm talking about." the dirty older shinobi said, in his own little world now.

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami did her best not to make a sour face as Maru reacted to her arrival. He was shouting even louder than she was after all. She just turned her gaze towards the doorway in preparation for the second student to arrive, glad, relieved, that she was the first. Although, she suspected this was a pretty obvious set up to an exam she was starting to waver in that belief, maybe Maru really just...needed their help? No, come on, even for someone like him the very idea was ridiculous, he was a Jounin!

A long shadow filled the entry-way soon replaced by her partner Watanabe Ai. Nanami nodded ever so slightly, she didn't really know Ai all that well but she had, of course, heard of the girl. Not her ideal partner, but a far cry from the worst. She gave a polite bow of her head to Ai as she entered, then back to Maru. What surprised her was that others arrived, late. "Huhn...?" wasn't this just a set up for them? No, she decided, there had been many other hopefuls looking to graduate up, right? She felt a small pang in her gut and pushed it aside. Nothing could be done about that now, she got here first, that's all there was.

The instructions were brief and simple, no less than she expected. The whole dying thing was -probably- a joke but she wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. Either way. she might have not thought too highly of Maru but she was...pretty sure... he wouldn't give them this task if it was far beyond them.

Before she had a chance to ask any questions he was already back in his weird magazine. Off he went into his own weird little world. She just shook her head and reached out to take Ai's hand and lead her outside. However, they did it, once outside the room and somewhat out of earshot of Maru she smiled faintly towards her teammate and released her hand.

"Alright, well, formal introductions are in order I guess? I'm Hideaki, Nanami. I have a couple of ideas before we go charging in there but first, what do you think? Any idea on how we should approach this?" She may have heard of the girl before, but rumours were a poor substitute and besides, this was for their graduation, she was going to take this seriously.

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
"Didn't I tell you before not to bow, I'm not interested in kiddie boobs."

The Giant of a girl straightened again with a flushed face at Maru’s statement, but the confused expression that covered her lips was something that made it clear that she didn’t quite follow what Maru was getting at. Maru then explained the situation. Ai just nodded and took everything at face value - her country upbringing having taught her that this is good manners, but not necessarily the quality that is sought after when one is supposed to be a ninja. Ai was considering how she was supposed to approach the problem presented when someone grabbed her hand. She looked down at her declared partner and let herself be lead out of the room. After a safe distance from Maru, they stopped and Ai’s hand was once again her own.

"Alright, well, formal introductions are in order I guess? I'm Hideaki, Nanami. I have a couple of ideas before we go charging in there but first, what do you think? Any idea on how we should approach this?"

Nanami, the girl with the messy white hair finally gave a name to herself.

”My name is Watanabe Ai, Pleased to meet you.” Ai gave her a proper bow in response to the greeting. Then it was on to business. ”Maru-Sensei that they were ‘cutting’ other students - so that tells me that they either have weapons of some kind or their claws are just that sharp. Additionally they have been healing the people they hurt so they clearly are trained in Ninjutsu - at least medical Ninjutsu.”

She took a moment to consider approaches, and as she did so Ai lifted a leg up behind her back and grabbed it, pulling it almost well over her head - such was her flexibility. Her foot came back down and she stretched her other leg instead.

”I’m pretty confident in my Taijutsu.” She commented. She finished stretching her legs and then stretched her arms and shoulders. She may have only been ten, but her physique was already impressive, especially for a young woman. ”I’m also a Water Element User. I just started learning those techniques recently, but I think I could use the Water Whip technique to catch one of them temporarily...but if that doesn’t work… Then I’ll just have to pound them.” She finished all her stretching and slapped a fist into an open palm as she looked over at her companion.

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami nodded along with Ai's assessment. "That makes sense to me," she said. Ninjutsu wielding weasels with sharp claws, did their Sensei happen to have a related contract? She assumed so, but then she also assumed this was all one big set-up. If they were that dangerous, she wanted to avoid a fight altogether but that would be tricky. They could be anywhere, so they didn't really have a lot of time to gather the information necessary to do it right. Still...

She watched her flex with an obvious curiosity and no small amount of awe. Ai was a unique physical specimen, Nanami was kinda envious of her. Though she was pretty sure she wasn't done growing yet the other girl was a good foot taller than her.

"Seems like we have a pretty similar skillset, I think if we break into an open fight we'll have a pretty good shot if we watch each other back." Nanami filed away Ai's abilities.

"I was thinking of trying something else first," she said as she pressed her hands together. She concentrated hard for a long moment, held the image of Maru in her mind and performed a quick set of hand seals. In a flash, and a puff of smoke in the place of Nanami was a facsimile Maru-sensei himself, cuts and all. It looked pretty good, at least, it did to her. She did her best to match the voice, with...limited success.

"Ahem, I think that this is a setup, I might be able to convince the weasels the gig is up, and that it's time to go. Worst case, it might distract them and they'll lower their guard, and then we can strike. What do you think?" She said eyes furrowed in concentration to keep up the disguise.

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
"Seems like we have a pretty similar skillset, I think if we break into an open fight we'll have a pretty good shot if we watch each other back."

Ai nodded in agreement. From glances only, Nanami too did seem pretty big for a girl in the academy. Not as big as Ai, but even a few adults could claim that they were as tall as her so that was not even a fair comparison.

"I was thinking of trying something else first,"

”Oh…? Like what?” The question was answered post host. Nanamis hands flashed through a few seals and soon her image wavered and before Ai stood Maru-sensei, or at least a believable enough visage in her opinion. She tapped her lips with her fingers as she examined it for flaws.

"Ahem, I think that this is a setup, I might be able to convince the weasels the gig is up, and that it's time to go. Worst case, it might distract them and they'll lower their guard, and then we can strike. What do you think?"

”I like it.” Ai slapped her fist into the palm of her hand as she looked at the transformation. ”I think there is just one thing that could make it better...” Ai pulled out a kunai and handed it to Nanami the Maru clone. ”I know a technique to hide in objects - you’ll catch them off guard, and then you can throw the Kunai behind them. After that I’ll emerge and we can attack them from both sides. It’ll take just a second to get ready.”

Ai closed her eyes and focused the chakra in her enormous body. Her hands came together in the reverse ram seal. There was a puff of smoke and then Ai was now hiding in the Kunai. She was ready to go and it seemed Nanami was too now.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru had been hearing the weasels have their fun, but not any screams of terror or the sound of battle. He could've sworn that they had already gone in by now so looking up from his magazine, Maru began to snap his fingers since in a minute the weasels won't have anything to destroy! "Common, common I could've gotten more qualified students for this!" He rushed them, not wanting to make another announcement where whoever got rid of the weasels first would graduate but he would if he had to.. guess he'll just choose who he liked the best instead of having everyone graduate since… The academy needs a student body. Giving them just a few more moment's he flipped the page of his magazine or at the very least until the weasel's manage to break out of the classroom they were trapped in since it'll be a bigger shit storm if they were to get out.

Now turning our attention inside of the classroom, all within the room for the expectation of the teachers desk had already been cut down by the weasels claws. They looking at their handiwork chuckled among themselves, clashing their sharp metallic claws against each other's causing sparks to fly from the metal on metal contact. The group was starting to get bored, while they did enjoy cutting through items their claws weren't meant to destroy property. No. Their claws weren't meant to cut through flesh and with no flesh around nor the Headmaster along with his child soldiers it was starting to get a bit boring in here. Panting one of the weasels noticing that the others game to destroy the room was starting to get stale he asked the others. "Hey what's the deal." said the now breathless animal. "The children we were going to carve up should've been here by now. You think they got chicken?"

It was a possibility, after all children were the easiest to scare so it would make sense that they would get cold feet. "Yeeeeah they should've came by now, we could always pick on that fox. He might come here to play." said the ringleader of the weasel's, crawling to the edge of the teachers table to continue to mock the Headmaster. "WELL, WELL! GUESS YOUR CHILDREN AIN'T COMING!" the fur-ball teased. "Gonna come in here? Handle us yourself? Or should we go to another class to terrorize some students?" Maru thought about going in, he really did. But the thing is… the weasel's could shapeshift! Knowing them they might turn into three good looking weasel girls to distract him with and since Maru couldn't hit anything that was female, attractive, or a very convincing looking trap he was pretty much useless. Maru had rules! He shrugged, then continue looking at his magazine. 'Well do what you gotta do, serves those kids right for coming to school today. They should just be good students and ditch but instead their here learning. Lame. It was out of his hands now, he might ditch the academy too and head to the red light district then whoever got to the weasel's first he'd just promote to Gennin… Just pick a student, ask if they dealt with the weasels, promote, and pat myself on the back for a job well done. Yup that's what he'll do...

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami turned the kunai over in her hand, Maru's hand and nodded. No time to delay then. She secured the kunai, obscuring it in a pocket that was well within reach. She ran over the plan again and then went out on the hunt for the weasels, their quarry.

A few moments passed before she heard the bellowing of the impatient weasels. She smiled, good, they were at least a bit compromised, most likely upon spotting a Maru they'd just attack but...well, either way, she'd be happy with that. Truth was, she too was itching for a fight! Still, they had good chances, and she owed it to Ai to give it her best shot. She moved towards the room she heard the weasels in and took a deep breath as she rounded the corner, threw open the door if it wasn't and did her best to mimic Maru's posture and mannerism as best she could.

"Bad news, it seems," she began, in Maru's voice with some noticeable hitch. She walked slowly into the room, taking stock of her potential opponents and the sheer destruction of the room. "Sheesh!" she complained shaking her head and cleared her throat to cover up her voice. "You didn't really have to go all out you know."

She huffed and shrugged. "Ah well, it's over, sorry, but it doesn't seem like any kids are coming. Time to go," she gestured towards them, a hand in her pocket reaching for the kunai. "We'll try it again soon."

"Game's over."

If she was wrong about why they were here she'd know in a moment, either way, she steeled herself. She doubted she was even close to a perfect Maru but...

This was for Gennin. She was going to give it everything she had.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru looked up for a moment then saw himself walking into the…. wait! Hold on! Maru already decided to not go into the room, so why is there a person who's copying his style going into the room with the dreaded weasel's inside! Now though Maru was humanoid in appearance, he had some animalistic tendencies one of them being unable to recognize their own reflection. However, not threatened by the other person he did eye the doppelganger with a bit of suspicion right up until it went into the room. 'Tch think you can do a better job than me? Have at it faker.' he thought to himself as he looked back at his magazine then waited for the weirdo to either had gotten rid of the weasels or come out screaming for mercy. Come to think of it where those two kids were since they were supposed to be in there. They were supposed to come up with a plan, the Maru impersonator wasn't supposed to be doing this job for them…

______

Click!

"Huh?" one of the weasels snapped their head towards the door then the rest followed as Maru (or who they thought was Maru) walk into the room. The weasel's were all about 10 inches tall as they all gathered at the edge of the table then stood up on their hind legs, they each had white fur with a pink nose and pitch black orbs for eyes. They would be cute if they didn't have metallic blades for claws on their fore and hind legs. The three weasels titled their heads noticing there was something slightly off about Maru's voice, but they dismissed it since he always had a little effeminate tone in his voice anyway. The weasel's not seeing anything out of the ordinary listened to the man but also paid attention to his movements so they wouldn't fall victim to the sneaky fox again. But as he spoke the weasel's had suddenly gotten confused, did he think that they were on his side?

"Ooooookay how about, no. You know good and darn well why we are here now you better pay up you damn mutt!" the weasel shouted at the fake Maru, waving it's blade at him with a bit of frustration. Another weasel pointed his blade at the fake Maru. "We know that you have the money, what do you think we will just put up with your crap and not get paid. We want cash!" the other weasel yelled. "You already kicked us out of our own home in the ancient forest, we help you and now we don't get anything?! We aren't slaves yanno!" The weasel's complained however, for someone who doesn't know much about Maru they wouldn't know what they were talking about. Will the fake Maru do the logical thing of just dropping the act then start knocking heads or do the less logical idea of keeping the act going to learn more since the weasel's aren't exactly murder hobo psychopaths. What will Ai and Nanami do?

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami had a fairly easy time keeping her nerve around the not even foot tall weasels. She didn't want to underestimate them, but sincerely, they were kind of adorable and didn't look like they'd pose much of a threat. Still, she had an inkling they were more than they appeared. She began to spin the kunai on her finger slowly, hoping it might pass as an idle gesture while the weasels began to reply. Hm, she had a feeling this was the case, she wasn't quite wrong, but wasn't entirely wrong either. There was more to their relationship, but less than he had revealed.

Still, she could use this? Maybe? She let out an exaggerated sweep of her arms and shrugs, losing the kunai above so that it would lodge partially in the ceiling and give her companion a good vantage if she decided to strike. In truth, Nanami wasn't really keen to beat up small furry animals who appeared to be wrong? It wasn't at all like she needed much to be suspicious of Maru, aloof as he was. Still, this was their exam, Ai's too, and if her newfound ally, and fellow student, wanted to go for it she'd back her up. Maru likewise, was also Kumogakure and that meant that even these little weasels might be her opponents.

"What would you even do with money huhn!" she demanded, voice slipping just a little. "I brought you here for an exam and it's not happening now, so it's time to go? I don't think we need to have any real trouble, do we? You don't think I was really trying before right?" Her eye flitted towards the Kunai for just a moment and back. She'd learn more if she could, convince them to go off if she was lucky, and do her best to keep their attention if it got ugly.

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
Ai waited patiently for her moment. She could feel her heartbeat in her chest as the Maru Doppelganger conversed with the Weasels. Thump, thump… when would Nanami put her into position? Time seemed to go so slow in these moments. Then the Kunai was twirled and… Finally! The Kunai was tossed to the ceiling and Ai had a pretty good vantage point to gaze at the rest of the room. The Kunai would attract their attention, at least at first. Ai waited a beat before breaking her disguise. Her shadow would fall over the weasels, it was a technique called Shadowplay where one used their mastery of Taijutsu to leave a shadow to district enemies. She wasn’t planning on giving them a moment to react!

Her training hadn’t been for nothing. She was much faster than your average person off the street, and arguably faster than some genin and was already on the ground behind the weasels despite the shadow still falling over them. It was merely a distraction after all. She crouched low to the ground as she made a flourishing low kick with the intention to sweep the pair off their feet. Then she twisted to bring her momentum back with her legs kicking in a breakdancing windmill, where she would try to kick them up into the air. Flowing with the moment once more She would come to her feet and with the last two hits of her four hit combo would try to catch both weasels with the hopes to plant them firmly into the floor.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Weasel Ringleader
HP: 4100
CP: 4100 -110= 3990

Weasel grunt 1#
HP: 2000 - 90 - 90 - 200 -200= 1420
CP: 2000 - 110= 1890

Weasel grunt 1#
HP: 2000 - 90 - 90 - 200 -200= 1420
CP: 2000 - 110= 1890

The three weasels waited on a response from the man that cheated them only to be met by confusion when the person who they thought was Maru had threw a kunai then said that he brought them here for some bull crap exam. They had enough of the man's nonsense, they already have done one job for this fox and was rewarded with nothing. Now he wants to rope them into another job that they won't be rewarded for doing. Did he really think that just because hes some kind of youkai general that they will just go along with everything that he says? The weasel ringleader looked at the kunai, not at all afraid since it knows the weakness of this big bad fox. The ringleader then turned his attention back towards the fake Maru then proceeded to argue with him. "WE AREN'T HERE FOR NO LOUSY EXAM! We are here because you haven't paid us for helping you che-" the ringleader stopped when there was a shadow looming over them, the weasels all looked around trying to see what was going on when suddenly they back two weasels were suddenly surprised by them being kicked?! "WHA- THIS WAS A TRAP!" The ringleader managing to avoid the blow just barely. Nearly meeting the same fate as it's two other teammates, coming to the realization that the kunai that he threw wasn't a real kunai! This female WAS the kunai! 'Damn' the ringleader scampered away from the carnage to try and hide since they barely started learning how to use chakra they had to resort to strategy…

Meanwhile, Ai continued her assault on the two weasels by kicking them into the air which caused their tiny bodies to hit the roof. It seemed almost too easy to strike them, that's due to the fact that despite intimidating students they the two that Ai was plumbing wasn't even stronger than a D Rank academy student though they did match up to an E Rank academy student definitely. When Ai's attack came to a close, the two weasels were hurt but they weren't out just yet! The two weasels quickly used this opportunity to hide and regrouping with their leader who also was hiding using the rubble that they made as cover. The girl was a lot stronger than they thought and with Maru on their side, they'll probably end up dead so they decided to take Maru out of the equation by using his weakness against him! They channeled chakra into their stomachs then in a puff of white smoke, rubble sprayed and broken tables flipped over as they transformed…. Into three weasels girls from biggest to smallest! This was the accursed justu that Maru was talking about.

The middle weasel girl gave the fake Maru a mischievous grin then prepared their blades. "Ha-Ha can't hit us now! Get the big one!" all three charged at Ai! Claws raised. Though they weren't really a threat all three of them at once might be a problem, if Ai wasn't careful they might end up landing a critical hit but with all the focus now on her. What will Nanami do? After all, they still think that she was Maru and them being comfortable in their Maru-Proof-Form they didn't see him as a real threat. Ai softened a couple up so throwing a few strong justu at them should be able to do the trick. In knocking at least one or two out. What will the duo do now?

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami was losing her audience, and fast. She considered her options, changing her tact. Maybe she could swap and admit her real self, then trick them into taking their side. Or actually take their side, maybe confronting Maru was a winning move? He might applaud their gumption? Or take the beating…

Hm.

The choice, ultimately, was taken away from her by a burst of motion from her lurking ally. Ai’s movement were impressive as she claimed, despite her profile she moved with grace and power. Nanami was, for a moment, distracted in observation.

Off-balance, but not for long, Nanami flashed a toothy grin as the surprised cries of the weasels filled the air. They were no ordinary creatures, and they seemed smart enough to give up if they had them beat so any hesitation from moments prior passed away.

The initial assault by Ai landed the weasels recovered quick and darted back. In a puff of white smoke and chakra vanished to be replaced by….

????

Nanami was stunned by the attack even as they surely designed it for their intended target Maru.

Oh no. Oh my goodness no. She was dumbstruck. Was any of this planned? Was this an actual exam rigged by their clever teacher to force them to creatively come up with a solution to handle an unusual threat?

No. No it wasn’t. She had no more illusions.

Maru was outfoxed by some weasels.

She took hold of the only lifeline she had, Maru’s offered had to be genuine. It had to be.

She let out a somewhat feral growl very un-Maru-like and launched towards the trio. As she moved forward the illusion of Maru shed, casting away into strands of errant chakra while Nanami emerged cocoon-like from it, twirling into her opening strike.

She landed inches from the lead weasel, already mostly complete in her first rotation where she delivered a kick directly towards its head, she used the momentum of the first strike to move into a second delivered to the side, and then a third immediately to its legs. The force of her momentum forced out a gust of wind which stopped as abruptly as it appeared, held in the air as she performed a quick precise trio of hand-seals.

The wind that gusted outward pulled back in and coalesced around Nanami. Her rotations halted and immediately reversed triggering a sudden burst of wind to explode outwards from her position as a trio of air bullets struck out at each of the weasels.

Assuming this isn't strict battle mechanics, I generally intend to play Nanami currently as E-Rank on the cusp of D, but she is C oocly. At any rate, I just wanted to do a cool combo let me know if I should adhere more strictly to mechanics.

Spinning Wind->Air Bullet(Air Barrage)

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
Ai frowned. She was hoping that that would have finished the two weasels - but these ones were far tougher than any weasel she had...actually she had never met a weasel - but they were really tough for an animal of that size. She took a stance as she tried to use her to figure out how they would react now. All three had dangerous blades, and Maru had previously complained about them slicing up other students and staff. She had to be careful right now. In a surprising move they used, “that jutsu” and all three transformed into women. Admittedly Ai was quite surprised that such tiny creatures had any chakra at all, let alone enough for such a technique.

Ai was on the tip of her toes. The female weasels women still had blades and they began to charge her. Ai bounced on her toes as she used her Fleeted technique to try and reduce any incoming damage. She was on the defensive, seeing only the three Weasel’s charging her. Any attacks that she couldn’t dodge with Fleeted she was prepared to use her Block Technique instead. Thus in the next few critical moment’s Ai’s entire focus was on blocking, while her companion took the opportunity to make her own attacks now.

”These things are tougher than I thought they’d be...” Ai groaned. ”Any chance I could convince y’all to come peacefully? You’ve been slashing up the other students and that is unforgivable. You must be punished - even if you have been wronged yourselves you have inflicted harm on innocents.”

She shifted her stance suddenly and lead with one of her hands - she couldn’t afford to let those things slice her up. Her heart was pounding. She never had experienced anything like this before. So this was combat. Killer Weasels. It was exhilarating.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Weasel Ringleader

HP: 4100 - 430 - 270= 3,400
CP: 3990 - 245 = 3,745

Weasel grunt 1#

HP: 1420 - 270= 1,150
CP: 1890 - 80 = 1810

Weasel grunt 1#

HP: 1420 - 270= 1,150
CP: 1890 - 80 = 1810

'Heh, that old fox is stunned. We gotta handle the big one first.' sneered the weasel ringleader looking to show what they could really do off while Maru stood helplessly. One A rank would be enough to deal with them, it was almost too easy but the ringleader knew that they had to keep this form in order to keep that fox from tearing them apart. "ALL TOGETHER NOW!" the ringleader shouted, one of the more faster but weaker weasels dashed at a forward attempting to slice at Ai's legs in the hope that it would hopefully knock the giant off of her feet. Ai being rather quick thanks to her fleeting technique managed to dodge this obstacle with ease, the weasel female swinging it's blade but missed cutting into the girls thigh by an inch. The weasel tripping, breaking it's momentum it sloppy swung it's blade again to attempt to cut at the legs again but missed.

The weasel that first attacked backed away quickly, trying to bring the attention towards it while another weasel aiming for Ai's arm managed to slice through the stomach of her shirt! The blade leaving a scratch that wasn't fatal nor deep enough to draw blood however the weasel girl rammed into Ai stomach with it's elbow in an attempt to knock the wind out of her. The strike being successful, however the ringleader being too scared for a face to face encounter saw an opportunity to attack her from behind. Not wasting the opportunity, while the child was still recovering from its partners assault the Ringleader jumped up then swug it's claws at Ai's back! Leaving three stripes of red on her back before landing on her back then pushed her forward after it kicked off then landed on the floor with elegance.

The two weaker weasel now strolled to the side of the ringleader, all of them grinning a sharp toothy grin to attempt to intimidate Ai. Individually they were weak, but when they ganged up together… they could be a problem. The ringleader was suddenly surprised by Nanami's foot kicking it in the side of the head, in which made the other two weasel girls scatter as their ringleader was knocked off it's feet and after the completion of the assult the child had used the wind gust from the attack to triggering a sudden burst of wind to explode outwards! Hitting all three of the weasel's which sent them all flying across the classroom like ragdolls. "NANI!" the two weaker weasel's shouted as they smacked against the wall. The ringleader hitting the wall last held head, blood running from the side of it's face from a gash on the head of the beast. Where did this white haired bitch come from, for all they knew it was just them, Maru, and this tall girl. Did he call for backup then left?! Shit now this might be a problem. Nanami with quick thinking managed to save Ai with her first attack however once the weasel's got its bearings they all got to their feet. Dusting themselves off as they all glared at the two students, Ai at least asking if they would give up but they weren't having any of that. "Yeah, no. That ain't happening." the ringleader answered. So much for settling things peacefully… if only Maru would've given them the money that they were owed. Speaking in which where was that damn fox!

____​

Maru sitting in an empty classroom was drooling over a particular fox girl images in his dirty magazine. He was blushing a deep red, nose bleeding since needless to say he found a more naughty gallery that was an in the style of a manga where said fox girl is talking to the reader and you being the protagonist has a choose your own adventure style erotic tale with the fox girl. Yup nothing too much going on here. Just Maru doing Maru thing's.

[Ooc: Attacks used in this post:

Weasel grunt 1 – Dynamic Slash missed!

Weasel grunt 2– Dynamic Slash hit

Weasel Ringleader – Crimson flash Hit!

Ai now has a few cuts but wounds aren't deep enough to cause bleeding thanks to her Fleeting and a bit of her Akimichi abilities like Fat Absorption.

Nanami Wind bullet dmg had been divided to all three weasels since using air barrage weakens but spreads the attack further]

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami spared a glance towards Ai apologetically as her assault finished and she moved to take up a position next to her comrade protectively so she could gather herself. “I don’t think they’re gonna listen,” Nanami said with a glance spared towards the trio. Three of them, two paths, focus on the leader and bring him down, or take down his accomplices and then focus on him. The Ringleader was the opportunist, but he wasn’t a pushover like the other two. She weighed her options hastily as the scent of blood lingered in the air.

She dropped low and watched them for a moment, she pressed her teeth together and felt a sudden rush overcome her. Fun, fun fun fun. They could take them, it didn’t really matter how did it?

“After me,” she whispered back to Ai coming out as a low ominous hiss. She performed a quick set of handsets as she suddenly broke into motion unaware that the nails on her hands had lengthened to razor-sharp edges. With a hiss, air began to coalesce around her hands calm at first but would pick up into a deadly speed as she unleashed her attack.

They liked to cut people, students, her ally, so why not give them a taste of their own medicine? She was grinning wide.

She leaped across the classroom closing in on the nearest of the weasel's hanger ons landing a foot or so away she lunged forward with a raking strike utilizing her claws.

“JAN”

Her second strike came quicker unleashed as palm against the creatures midsection whereupon impact she clutched her hand ripping it back as she bellowed,

“KEN!”

Her final blow was a two finger strike, nails extended, driving straight forward.

“PON!”

Each strike ripping away with the wind that rushed around her body, her eyes wide and wild.

The weapon is her natural weapon/attuned weapon, her demonic ancestory claws. Her attack is Shredding Touch->Janken, I'd throw a Charge in there but my last turn was pretty AP heavy.

Shinrya Riko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B Rank
The first weasel that approached her, she hopped out of the way, and managed to dodge at the last second the second’s attack, but it did leave just the tiniest of scratches upon her stomach. Then the Weasel jabbed her belly with its elbow. Given the size Discrepency, it was more of a cause of confusion than for wind to be lost from her lungs. Then suddenly she felt the hot claws tear into her flesh on her back. Ai twisted around just in time to watch her ally unleash a flurry of of wind in response, and then finally the Weasel gang leader refused her advise of surrender.

She stood side by side with Nanami, free from her disguise at last. Finally she had dropped the disguise. This hadn’t rolled out as smoothly as Ai had hoped, and now there was no choice but to overwhelm them. She watched Nanami jump towards one of the follower weasels. Hmph. Good Idea. Lets get the small fry out of the way. Ai turned her head towards the other weasel.

”I’m fixin’ to learn ya’ a painful lesson.” She pounded the palm of her hand with her fist as her shadow fell over the creature. The Jutsu that Maru had thought so carelessly was useless was used in principal for these attacks. Chakra was pumped into her muscles and then into the ground to give her extra movement speed. Even her fists were powered with chakra. No terrain in the way could stop her from reaching her prey.

Like an unstoppable Human Boulder she fell upon the weasel. A powerful left hook flowed into a seemless sweeping kick, flowed into a powerful elbow strike, a crushing hammer fist from above, then rolling into a downward axe kick and a windmill kick finished things off as she returned to her feet. As she took to her feet again she took a moment to catch her breath and size up how much fight the threat still had in it.

3.75 AP Human Boulder 6 strikes. 402 per hit due to Big Boned.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Weasel Ringleader

HP: 3,400 - 804 = 2,600
CP: 3,745 - 245 = 3,500

Weasel grunt 1#

HP: 1,150 - 260 - 804 = 86
CP: 1810 - 80 = 1,730

Weasel grunt 1#

HP: 1,150 - 260 - 804= 86
CP: 1810 - 80 = 1,730

And so the battle between the two students and the weasel's continued. Not agreeing to come along peacefully, the three weasel's believed that they stood a chance against the two children since they did have the strength in numbers. They were shocked when one of the students they believed to be a Youkai generated claws, they knew that the fox would be sending students but demonic students? That was just unfair.. The weasel grunt turned seeing that Nanami was near it, knowing that it would be attacked first it attempt to defend it's but it was to no avail. Before it could raise it's claws to block, the weasel grunt's where getting sliced from different directions. Red lines now appeared on their fur, the demonic properties of Nanami's claws caused their wounds to glow a bright red and hiss like their flesh were burning since now that they were wounded they were now cursed…

The Ringleader had ducked behind it's two henchmen, allowing them to go head first into the attacks while it striked… looking to draw blood. The two weasel grunts each took a wild swing of their claws at the two students, Ai and Nanami managed to get out of the path of their bladed claws just in time not so much as getting a single scratch. However they swung again only to miss again, though the one slicing at Nanami swung it's claws at her twice as hard to seem more threatening. Even missing the throat however the failed attack opened up an opportunity for the Ringleader…. When the grunt backed up the ringleader used this opportunity to slice three lines across Nanami's cheek before backing away. Not deep enough to draw blood which irritated the Ringleader, however it did teach her… or so it thought.

They didn't expect to all be suffering at the hands of the human child, but Ai struck hard and before the weasels knew what was happening they were caught in a ferocious combo. The three weasel's being tossed around like ragdolls, they had to split up for a moment. They didn't expect this much fight, all they wanted to do was torment children, get their money, and go. It would seem like these children weren't pushovers, maybe the ringleader and the gang should've trained more. The ringleader looked at it's henchmen, they didn't look too hot. If the Ringleader was alone, it'll probably will be meeting the same fate as it's henchmen and that fox would probably make them into soup.. Or worse.. send them to Mugen Jigoku which is where he sends all his Youkai victims when they don't meet his demands. Not surrendering but certainly lost interest in fighting… the weasel's attempted to make a run for it! Now the students again will have a choice, will they stop the weasel's from leaving by continuing the fight to get revenge or will they let the weasel's run away possibly never to be seen again?

[Ooc: All three weasel's are attempting to flee the academy through a broken window. Students now have a choice:

1. Let them go. Go tell Maru that his weasel problem has been taken care of and that the school is safe!
  2. Get Revenge! Ai have cuts on her as well as Nanami. Surely these weasels deserve to be eaten. Just keep fighting!
Choice is yours. However if one person attacks the weasel's the fight continues however next round weasels can't attack because they are attempting to flee.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back