Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Private] Here Lie Ghosts of the Past

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

I sat atop a small boulder; or small compared to the others that littered around the landscape here, just on the wall break that lead deeper into the Ancient Forest. I've begun to grow a bit more fond of this place- in-spite it's horrors and oddities that lurk in the deep depths of which this place has become known for. Why? my curiosity had urged me to ponder the thought sometime ago, the only logical explanation that I could devise was it reminded me of roaming through the various countries months ago. There was no destination, no where to be; but surround myself with the wonders and mysteries of nature.

I looked down, I held an opened pudding cup in my right palm; a spoon in my left. It wasn't these particulars that drew my attention the most though; no, it was a set of tattoos that found their way from my finger-tips to as far back as my shoulder blade on the right side. . . It's ironic to think how divided you are now... All in only a few years too. the beast within' my mind, my psyche- Me. Was speaking in it's usual metallic-grinding engine of a voice; but it was right. I was dwelling on how I managed to not only fall into servitude to myself, my mind, my village and now-- Fealty to a myth- Or not myth anymore, but beings of the shadows. I had replied to my psyche, perhaps I am mad for speaking to it like another being. But it helped, it brought me peace of mind and answers to my questions, even if it were technically me. Fitting . . No? After-all, you are a being of the shadows. We see and act with which few others can.

Shaking my head ever so slightly, I took a spoonful of the current pack of pudding and placed the spoon haphazardly in my mouth as I spoke to myself; watching the paths that lead to this opening. "Just because it fits, doesn't mean it's comfortable." I muttered, taking a deep breath. Enjoying the mixed smell of nature and the aroma of matcha pudding. For some reason, I felt things were ... Different today.

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Why am I always here?”

There was something about the Ancient Forest that drew the girl in. It was quiet, mysterious, and far from the hub bub of the village. Sure, there were always odd and terrifying creatures lurking about, but none really bothered her as much as the stress of obligation. That’s what typically awaited the young girl outside these parts. The forest’s allure, in that sense, was perfectly justified. It was a place where the kunoichi could train, recharge her battery, and face the next set of duties assigned to her.

But there was something more… an aspect more profound, her intuition led her to believe, as to why she was here. Suika had no clue as to what that was, but she wasn’t necessarily itching to find out. Deadset on practicing her shinobi skills today, she ventured through the dark wildlife of Kumogakure. Little did she know that today would prove a lot more than she expected.

“Shieo?”

As she neared a small boulder, she noticed her old sensei lounging on top. He looked a bit more ragged than she last remembered him… did he appear that way at the gates? It was dark, so she didn't bother taking a purposeful look at him. His hair was longer, he sported markings along his arm, and he had some scar on his face. Yet, his expression, to the kunoichi, was as dull as ever. Remembering his lax actions at the gates, Suika’s expression transitioned quickly from curiosity to an irked, half-lidded one. Her feelings were always so mixed when it came to this man. He taught her a lot, she recognized, but the core of who he was annoyed her. Bahamut… yes, that was the part of him that she preferred.

9Ml9lp2.png

Trying to inconspicuously detour around the man’s post as if unnoticed, Suika stopped dead in her tracks when her nostrils caught whiff of a familiar aroma. Could it be?! Turning her attention toward the Chuunin once more, she noticed Shieo chowing down on some matcha pudding. Suika’s stomach grumbled. Almost blushing, she shook her head. The young girl took a deep breath and approached the man. Like their first encounter, pudding made Suika lose her cool.

“Yo, Shieo,” she greeted casually. Standing below the boulder, Suika gestured out. “Is that matcha pudding by chance? I’ll trade you some yen if you have extra.” She placed her hand in her coin pouch, expectant of a speedy exchange. Did pudding really have the power to bend the kunoichi’s will and cause her to react irrationally and contrary to her pride?

Yes. Yes it did.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

For the moment, I observed the lingering dance of a child and it's familiar in the distance. My brow arching ever so slightly, but it didn't stop me from taking another bite of the snack. It wasn't my last cup, but it was nearing close to that as I eyed the last cup of pudding to my side. Think she'll approach or not? As the voice in my head pondered, I merely shrugged. Opting to simply wait and see, after-all it didn't really matter the outcome.

Once Suika did decide to approach my position, I idly leaned into my crossed legs to watch her draw nearer. After she greeted, and inquired of the pudding; I was going to reply immediately, but something greater took over my mind; sarcasm. "You'll trade me yen for pudding? Isn't that just called buying it off'a person, no?" Carefully arching a brow, to emphasize the moment. I spooned in one more bite of the pudding, and squinted one of my half-lidded eyes.

"But I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that, they were running out of stock. And I'm down to my last cup, yup." Loosely shrugging my shoulders, as if there was nothing that could be done. "Sorry pip-squeek." I fiddled with the spoon idly, only for a moment until I propped it into the cup and rested it to my side on the boulder, next to the unopened package. "That aside; how's things been? You look ..." I took an educated glance to her sides, as if sizing her up; even if it weren't the whole truth.
"Ever so slightly different, new haircut?"

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sarcasm, of course.

With her irked expression ongoing, Suika almost yawned as Shieo denied her request and commented on her lack of physical changes. She wasn’t surprised. Shifting her body into a direction opposite of him, the kunoichi began to march off as she waved her former instructor off. “Nevermind. Catch you later.” After taking a few steps, a wild idea sparked within her. Turning toward Shieo once more, she called out to him.

“On second thought, Shieo, how about a wager?” Suika wasn’t always so spontaneous, but matcha green tea pudding was on the line. Besides, she did mean to take this time to train, anyway. “Let’s spar. Whoever wins gets the pudding…” she beamed a confident grin, “…and bragging rights, naturally. I’ve come to train, as I’m already preparing for my near future Jounin exams. Why not knock two birds with one stone? Also, it’d be a great moment for you, as my former instructor, to evaluate my progress since that has always meant so much to you.” Her tone matched his sarcasm. She figured he probably cared less.

However, no matter how dull and irritating the man was, he did teach her more about shinobihood than most. Deep inside, she knew, was the heart of someone who enjoyed teaching. Sure, he always passed it off as obligation and a means to pay his bills, but Suika was sure there was more to it than that. She was also curious, too, to see how she personally measured to him now. The kunoichi was far stronger, physically and mentally, than the last time they met. She was interested to see how far she had come and, equally so, how much stronger her former sensei grew. He was formidable, and Suika was ready to take on this challenge.

What would be Shieo’s response?

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

As I watched Suika turn and begin walking away, something stirred in my chest; was it happiness? Unfortunately, I wasn't given adequate time to truly determine my emotions; as if only few seconds passed she decided to turn and proposed something alternative to simply purchasing the pudding.

The Girl proposes a spar? Sounds like she has you beat. Commented without missing a beat in my head, Probably, I'm not exactly a world-class fighter. I retorted mentally. All happening within' the span of a second; during this time I wiggled the spoon indecisively between my index and middle finger, then flipped it over to my thumb. With the dip of the spoon angled to the pudding, I propped it into the sweet without looking.

All while, my dour expression lay inquisitively on the young girl who stood a short distance from me. "Well. Eager and ambitious if anything; you are." I aired the comment to linger in the air for a moment, only to let out a built up exhale. "Jōnin already hmm? Get that 'n you'll be further off than me, might even get paid better." Anyone with have a knack for reading people, could tell I was mostly voicing empty words; it didn't really matter to me. Ranks never did, probably never will.

I outstretched my legs from their crossed position on the boulder, and set the mostly eaten pudding cup next to me. With a gentle brush of my hands against the stone; it sent me sliding down the rock to the ground, with an audible 'thump' as my weight hit the ground with no support of chakra or other nifty acrobatics. It wasn't necessary. From there I stepped forwards a few steps, not closing our distance too much; after-all, I do like my space.

My eyes reset on the girls position, my mouth quirking ever so slightly to the side; giving the impression of being unamused. "My job was to evaluate your progress. Ain't no more." I encompassed this thought with a simple shrug. "Besides, that wager is one-sided; the pudding is already mine. How about --" I tapped my chin, thoughtfully; of course there was always a way to exploit people. Child or not, she's grown mentally if anything. "I win, and you gotta' buy me an extra pack the next time you go to the store; and deliver it with a bow."

Her eyes spoke more than just wanting the pudding and training; besides, upping the stakes should make her drive go further. I wonder.

From my position, I wiggled my right hand back into my shinobi pouch and withdrew one of my hiraishin kunai; certainly it would bring some fond memories to the youth. And twirled it, gripping it on the second time around in a reverse grip. The air grew heavy under the weight of a growing fire inside me. The challenge was set.

"Besides, it's only fair that the student beats the master eventually; right?"

[BMod Summoned]

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
tumblr_nt5ah8u6DN1t89rpeo2_500.gif

Welcome to a Moderated Battle!
I will be your B-Mod -- Tenkawa Kaori!​

I will be asking for the following:
+ Username
+ OOC Rank
+ Character Level
+ Custom Class
+ Stats (Tai, Nin, Gen, Stam, Agi, CC -- Order isn't important)
+ Bloodline/Core Ability (Provide a Link)
+ Kinjutsu (if applicable) (Provide a link)
+ Abilities (Link every ability)
+ Inventory (Link every item)
+ Pouch Types (You can fill in what goes in there (of that type) later on)
+ Weapons (if applicable)
+ Branch (Main/Medic/ANBU)
+ Jutsu List (Link EVERY Jutsu)
+ Contract Summon (if applicable)
+ Bodies (Dependent on Kinjutsu) -- I'll need all their information too
+ Cursed Seals (if applicable)
+ Strategist Slots (if applicable)
+ Anything else I missed but you feel would be needed in the fight.

Afterwards, in a separate PM, send me your actions. I do have some ground rules though ::
+ Link EVERYTHING you do (besides basic strikes anyway) to what you are doing in EVERY post you send to me. If you are doing a jutsu, I want a link to that jutsu. If it's from a bloodline, link to the bloodline, etc.
+ As with above, if you are using something from a particular augment, link that. If you are using something from your bloodline/core ability/kinjutsu, link to that table. If you are using something from a particular ability, link to the particular ability!
+ When doing calculations, don't calculate damage or CP. I'll do that myself.
+ Place the AP of your jutsu in your actions (makes things easier for me)
+ If there are anything that might modify your actions -- such as if you have +25% ninjutsu damage and you're doing a ninjutsu, stating it there will help me remember those buffs.
+ Make your actions clear and concise -- a wall of text makes it hard to read your actions even if you are comboing.
+ Keep your conditionals in mind. Only things you'd know IC can be used as conditionals.
+ You have exactly 48 hours to submit an RP and send actions. Failure to do this will result in being placed in Defensive Mode and doing nothing else. (other than smart actions) -- Max of 5 days if no other activity has been spotted
+ Do not harass me on any medium about the battle. If I made a mistake (or a few) send me a PM (be courteous) and I'll go and fix it.
+ Label all round actions by the round they are for. so Round 1 actions -- Label the PM "Round 1 Actions"
By approving this mod, you agree to follow the stated rules above.

Good luck to the competitors and FIGHT ON!

NOTE: First round will take a little while to put up due to having to compile all numbers together and all that -- so be patient with round 1.
NOTE: DO NOT send me a reflavored bloodline/Core Ability without the name of the actual abilities (and untouched effects) to me. If you want it reflavored by name in the mod, please put the reflavored name in () when you submit actions and it'll show up in the mod as such.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suika crossed her arms and tapped her foot in an impatient tempo. Withstanding the man’s assessment and reevaluation of the offer, the girl shrugged her arms. “Whatever floats your boat, weirdo.” His request was simple enough. The thought of serving him pudding with a humbled bow, however, did send an unwanted shiver down her spine. If anything, that drove more fiery passion into her. Suika had to do her best in this spar.

But where to begin?

The forest grew quiet as Suika focused her cool, calculated gaze at her former instructor. She immediately began to assess what she knew of him. “Shieo… a master of genjutsu. He possesses the skill to cast illusions without handseals and is proficient in both Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. His versatility is impressive, but his quirks are what make me nervous. Shieo isn’t just Shieo… he’s also tied to Bahamut, a construct that seems tied to his conscious. Although the dragon appears genjutsu-natured, it’s very much tangible. I currently don’t know much about the nature of his unique abilities.” With her mental notes about Shieo complete, Suika reached a very straightforward conclusion: exercise caution. Be wary of the illusionist and try not to get hit too hard by his gigantic friend. Shouldn’t be too hard, right?

Calmly standing, Suika shot the man a confident and assured nod. “Ready even if you aren’t, sensei, because here I come.” And like that the kunoichi prepared herself to disrupt, find opportunity, and strike! Her heart pumped as anticipation and adrenaline fueled her. That pudding was hers, dammit.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Do you really think you're ready to face her? Called into my mind, my psyche; ultimately something I've personified and become accustomed to speaking to; it's metallic and grinding tone filled my mind with it's clear doubt.

Hm.. Of course I'm not ready. I sounded wistfully, my eyes drawn onto the Student-- No, the Chūnin before me. She's certainly grown I'm sure, and I've been too busy with my own demands to focus on them. -- She knows what I do, I don't know what she does anymore; she was unrefined, a diamond in the rough when we last encountered each other. And at the time, you prepared her mentally to learn to kill; curious how it's shaped her.
I let out a drawn breath, closing my eyes for only a split hair of a moment and re-opened them. My pupils adjusting to the sudden darkness and light, my focus was being drawn in from my perpetuated exhaustion. With my free hand, I clapped my cheek twice and rolled my shoulders.

Well, here goes nothing. Let's just hope I can keep up with the youth.

I adjusted the kunai in my hand ever so slightly; gripping it tightly, I used to use it as a predominate part of my offensive arsenal; but now it's mostly just a means for defense. I need to ensure my new methods are powered up and ready to go, it takes some time. Longer than my former action; but seems to leave more lasting marks on the opponents...

And then Suika sounded off her mark; am I set? Guess that doesn't matter.

"Heh-- About as ready as I'll be I s'pose..." my drolled tone filled the air, marking the go.

[MFT]
[285 WC]

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mod directed by Michael Bay
fa01a8a9f8a6f9b954434f6edd919b51.jpg
ROUND 1
TimeAttackerRollActionDefenderRollResultDamage
00.00sShieo[Initiative] Activates Wake-Up Slap (Sharingan)
00.00sShieo[Initiative] Enters Enchanter Stance
00.00sShieoBegins to activate Cursed Seal
00.00sSuikaActivates DuelistShieo
00.00sSuika43[Initiative] ???Shieo34HIT![lb][/lb]
Shieo recognizes he's under a genjutsu
Illusionary: -60 HP
00.50sSuikaEnters Defensive Stance
01.50sSuikaCreates an Ethereal Weapon
02.00sShieoCursed Seal finally activates.
03.30sShieoTabula Rasa
03.50sSuikaDrops Ethereal Weapon
03.50sSuikaDark Displacement
06.00sSuika51???Shieo29HIT![lb][/lb]
Shieo knows he's under a genjutsu[lb][/lb]
Duelist deactivates
Illusionary to Shieo: -845 HP[lb][/lb]
Illusionary to Persona: -1690 HP
06.50sSuikaEnters Slashing Style: Trickster Stance
06.84sShieo38[lb][/lb]43???Suika45[lb][/lb]33MISS[lb][/lb]
Deja Vu: HIT!
Illusionary: -469 hp

[thead]

[/thead]
[tbody]

[/tbody]

Notes:
@Shieo: Yes, the AP and timing of your attacks are correct. You weren't able to complete all of your actions due to running out of time. Yes, that is how damage is dealt to the personas.
@Suika: You were forced to drop your Ethereal Weapon in order to cast Dark Displacement. Since there isn't a note that says Ethereal Weapon goes away if it's dropped/unsheathed, it remained on the ground (Due to maintaining the jutsu).

@All: If there is an error in the mod, let me know (but don't harass me). I'm also not here to teach you how to use a jutsu. You have until next round is up to submit corrections to me (Preferably on-site). If it is a big change, it'll pause the timer for submitting actions. You have 48 hours to post and submit actions (or 5 days if you didn't post anywhere else) or else you get put into defensive stance and do nothing else.

Update:
1) Made a correction involving Deja-Vu
2) Was notified of an error about dropping created weapon jutsus -- thus invalidating Suika picking up the weapon and her 2 basic strikes.
HP of the persona and HP of Shieo fixed accordingly...
Suika's AP fixed accordingly
3) Forgot about Tabula Rasa's +3 Gen Save. Added in +3 to Shieo's defense. No change in result.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Within' the fraction of a moment, the battle begun; it didn't take very long until chakra from both combatants began to flare in varying ways. Both however, subtle in their own purpose; and intent on either improving themselves; or slowing the enemy.

Seems she's infiltrated your system already, hm. My eyes sharpened, steeled to the focus of the foe before me; she may be a kid- but she has the skills to match mine, otherwise her rank wouldn't have simply been handed to her. Indeed she has, though it was quick. Something small; though the detriment will be a nuisance I shouldn't have to pay much heed to it yet. I sounded carefully in my mind, devising a momentum of my own actions; it was then I felt my nerves slowly crackling under the weight of the chakra that acted as a parasite to my system.

Alright-- Well, call that a bit obnoxious; keep trudging I guess.

It was at the same moment, that my left hand and the mark that bore itself into the palm had glowed ferociously. Flames of orange and white burned from my palm and slowly coursed along my hand, forearm up my to my torso and then licked across like a suit of armor. Scales of red and black slowly took place where my flesh and body were; a span of broken and holed wings sprouted out my back, which I found were more appropriate for defense, than actual flight.

From my position, I kept my eyes set on the young Chūnin afore me. It was then, a second layer of genjutsu wavered within' my system. And with it, more electrical shocks that started to cause searing numbness with my nerves and how my body operated. It was clear it was genjutsu, but if anyone knew better; it was me, that just because it was fake. My body still ached violently with the sparks that falsely toyed with my senses.

"Well, resorting straight to Genjutsu; not a bad idea.." I wavered out some speech, Bahamuts grinding tone overlapping mine for something akin to a dual-toned sound. "But I guess, I should ask before I press forwards; how far do you wish me to go?" All while I inquired; something slithered into the crevices of her mind, they lingered and siphoned away some of her vitality; but otherwise lay dormant preparing for more.

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.
[Will be sending actions based off her RP response]

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The battle kicked off as Suika instantly cast a small genjutsu at Shieo. Judging from his slower reactions, her attack was a success. As Shieo formed his stance and prepared himself for the battle, the kunoichi performed a series of actions to solidify both her offenses and defenses. She kept wary of any jutsu aimed at her, but was momentarily taken back when her sensei underwent a flaming transformation. The atmosphere shifted as beads of sweat fell from the young Chuunin’s brow; the temperature increased drastically. As soon as it was complete, Suika’s curious eyes twitched in awe. Dragon scales… wings, flames, ferocity. The being before her, she realized, was more than her dull instructor.

He was Bahamut.

Composing herself as his transformation settled in, she revealed a slight grin. “Geez, so flashy…” she mused as she prepared herself for her next move. “Seems like the old man has a few tricks up his sleeve.” It was apparent in this moment, too, that the man was leagues above Suika. He was someone who reached a heightened potential. Although well-trained and versatile in combat, the girl knew she was not there yet. However, the former gypsy was ambitious. She issued the challenge, and she had made up her mind to see it through. His form invoked in her a feeling very similar to fear, but closer to excitement.

After landing another one of her illusions, she felt a mental sting shortly after. Did he finally hit her with a genjutsu? If he did, she had no clue what he inflicted ob her, but she had to persist. As she assessed the situation and planned her next move, Shieo took a moment to praise her and pose a question. It was a query that many could interpret as condescending - did he not think she was worthy of his full power? She didn’t allow her mind to slip into that conclusion. Or was this a taunt?

Nah, that would be unlike him. He was an asshole, but she sensed sincerity in what he asked. As he took this seriously, she would echo the same respect with her own thoughtful response. “To be honest, Shieo…” she answered as she attempted to look him straight in the eye. An aura of visible spiritual chakra surrounded the young girl’s stern irises. “…I’m realistic enough to know that you’re currently stronger than me. It’s frustrating, but it’s true.” She nodded, momentarily forgetting she was sparring the man. “However, as the day we first trained together, I wish to grow. I’ve worked hard to be where I’m at. For that, I’d like if you could attempt to fight me as your equal.”

She was ready to proceed. Taking a cool breath, she solidified her stance. “Whatever that means to you, Teach.”

[Will send actions asap!]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
864f39079b9718ee82454c9326f4e860.png

eabe58265e5233a8f157464c0bf95bf8.png

Notes:
@Shieo: You weren't able to complete your actions due to running out of time (due to bind and other factors). Your second conditional is also considered invalid; please speak with the Head B-Mod for more information.
@Suika: Can't complete the rest of your actions due to running out of AP

Again, if any of you have any questions, please send me a PM on site about the results. I chose to take away most of the information and was given the A-OK to post as little information as I desired. This is to alleviate my own headaches associated with modding and potential nit-picking.

Corrections Made:
- None yet

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Suika faced her dragon-like instructor, Shieo, she crafted a strategy that she felt would be most effective. His form was terrifying, but was there a way to regress him back to his usual state? She would sure try! As the man escaped from one of her lesser illusions and prepared himself for a counterattack, the kunoichi channeled one of her most devastating genjutsu: The Reaper’s Gaze. It wasn’t a jutsu used to heavily damage her enemy, but it was one she relied on when she aimed to bind their chakra. After a couple of seconds into their spar, it was clear that her attack had hit. The mental sting that she felt slipped away as the man froze in his place. However, to her disappointment, he was still in his transformed appearance. His fiery chakra refused to fade.

“Damn, so his transformation isn’t tied to his chakra flow?” Suika was impressed, but she didn’t have the time to sit and admire her typically dull sensei. Her genjutsu did the job, so now it was time for her blade to join the party. She created a set of clones and dashed forward. Appearing besides him, she dropped her illusion and slashed at him like a strike of lightning. Her taijutsu assault was successful. Hopping back and prepping another genjutsu, she took a breath.

“What kind of power is that, Shieo?” she asked as she huffed. Although curious, her aura-filled eyes revealed a sort of calculation. Her query was genuine, but she quietly attempted to strategize her next ten moves. This round she was lucky, she figured, so she couldn’t let down her guard against her former instructor. As she continued to run various simulations in her head, Suika felt a chill run down her spine. It was sudden and spontaneous; what was it that she felt? The air around them, despite Shieo’s burning presence, grew colder. Her senses warned her that something was off, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. Was it just her nerves from battle? She shook her head. On to the next round.

[Actions sent!]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
54c7631f9ccd0ad92d99e24ba43d0448.png

Clone 1
HP: 3420
CP: 3420-560=2860
AP: 2.75-1.5= 2.75 AP next turn

Clone 2
HP: 3420
CP: 3420-560=2860
AP: 2.75-1.5= 2.75 AP next turn
899823cacbed75eff13aeb4fed6b1c28.png
B-Mod Notes:
- Shieo was skipped and put into defensive stance. There was a brief delay on the RoE due to Suika losing net. Shieo didn't have this issue. After Suika posted, I had informed him that he had 48 hours to post and submit actions -- to which Shieo did not. For that, he was placed into defensive stance. If the combatant has an issue with this ruling, please speak to the b-mod Head. I will not entertain complaints about this.
- Since Tabula Rasa is a genjutsu, it was ruled that it's a hidden action -- thus the Persona's HP will not be shown in the mod. The HP of the persona will be sent to Shieo directly.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
If there was a time I ever felt more frustrated, I would be surprised. My body refused to move the way I wanted, or needed it too. And the young Chunin continued to pressure the inhibiting movement and motion I commanded my form to take. Despite my attempts, there my body stood refusing to budge.

My eyes glowered a moment, as the little one pittered around like a jack-rabbit with too much sugar. When she started talking again, I yielded to an aired sigh "A power, that seems to be failing me." As she closed the distance, and the grip of an illusion that had departed just as quickly as it appeared released itself from my mind. I was no longer faced with a demonic visage that grinded my muscles to a halt.

And then the ethereal lick of an edge gouged into my body. Waning my energy and vitality; I skid across the dirt and gripped it with the flats of my draconic fingers. My joints felt locked and worn, even if I were old; this was a challenge to move in beyond just my age against someone with a bit more spunk than me. It was pretty clear in her movements and mine. She was overwhelming my form with speed and making due care to hold me from moving against her; Is she afraid? Or not confident in her defenses... Either is a bit disheartening. But no matter, I did agree to this. Getting too worked up will only age me faster, I wager.
I cast the thoughts aside, and struggled to weigh myself against the crackling of false lightning that ached across my body. As I finally reached a standing position; I was met with the chocolate skinned rabbit once more, with more edges and slashes. It wounded my mind, just as much as I felt blood trickle and the smell of iron in the air.

"Well, this is growing troublesome." My voice toned with not only my usual droll; but that of Bahamut. It was still drained and oozed my usual tired mode. It ached, and I could feel my control wavering; I wasn't entirely sure what to do to gain my mind and body back. And if I did, I wasn't sure I had time to turn things around. It was starting to look like the student was to best the master.

[MFT - WC 397]
Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.

[Actions Sent, apologies about the last round; for some reason I had it in mind I had the rest of today to do my actions]

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The following round went well, almost too well. Furrowing her brow, Suika reassessed the situation. “I don’t understand…” she mused as she stringed together both a physical and illusionary assault, “why isn’t he doing more? Am I overwhelming him, or is he holding back?” If it was the latter, then the kunoichi would be pissed. Hopping back after the last swing of her blade, she listened to Shieo’s subtle frustrations.

“This is growing troublesome,” she echoed. Twirling her blade and pointing it toward her instructor, she continued. “I hope you’re not holding back, Shieo. As much as I like pudding, I really wanted to measure how far I’ve come to an individual I deem strong, as hard as that is to admit.” The girl exhaled a cool sigh and refocused herself. Maybe she was selling herself short? Perhaps, in some way, her efforts were effective, and this spar was an accurate testament to her growth. The idea of it felt cocky, a trait she long since separated herself from. After all, pride typically came before the fall, and she refused to be blindsided and flat on her face due to overconfidence. Regardless of what occurred, she had to continue to do her best and keep her instincts intact. Shieo, she figured, would do the same for himself.

Much like earlier, a chill wind suddenly blew through the air. The aura around Suika’s eyes amplified as a sharp pain struck her head. She leaned slightly forward as she placed her free hand on her temple. “What was that?” she questioned with gritted teeth. The Chuunin did her best to appear unaffected by whatever that was and continued to ignore it for the spar’s sake. Again, something was off. What she felt didn’t derive from her instructor, but from another source. Were they being watched? Or was she simply being paranoid? Suika’s encounter with the supernatural has been numerous, so it wasn’t strange for her to keep an ongoing guard up. “No, focus, Suika,” she consoled herself as she shook her head, “if some other entity was here, Shieo would sense it, too.”

With that justification, the ghostly girl dismissed her suspicions and readied herself back into battle. Faito!

[OOC: It's okay, Shieo! Also, sending actions in a bit!]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
2aff1054281cd5b6307ae70080df67d0.png

7208d670ae47ea83a3101f712a425458.png

B-Mod Notes:
- Summons using Hivemind only get 1 weapon out of all of the Hiveminded parts.
- Summons using Hivemind all share the same AP pool and aren't granted their own AP pool. Thus, their actions were made in the order that I received them. Due to there being no particular order for the weapon equip and entering the style, I focused everything on the one that made the main attack (Fenrisulfr).
- Summons actions couldn't be finished due to running out of time.
- Yes, the persona is also affected by the user's inability to choose targets as well.

If there are any problems with those rulings, please speak with the head bmod.

Same as usual, if there are any issues, PM me on site before the next round goes up.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The next round went without a hitch yet again, but there was one aspect of it that threw the girl off tremendously. Amid her devastating combo of slashes, her former instructor summoned beasts that caused her skin to crawl. The pounding in her head transformed into an unbearable migraine. Crouching down for a second, Suika’s blurred spiritual vision went haywire. The creatures Shieo summoned appeared wolven, but their nature differed from the typical canine. Their energy felt mightily like creatures she faced constantly before. No, they were of the same nature.

Did Shieo just summon youkai?

The demons prepared themselves to aid the dragon-scaled man as he stood bloody on his feet. This was a spar between them, she thought… what were his intentions in summoning demons? Suika’s aversion to the supernaturally corrupt was with good reason, and she was not shy to display it. “What did you just summon, Shieo?” she asked with a sharper tone than before. Her face fell into an unpleasant scrunch as she angrily furrowed her brow. By this time, her vision was restored. She still felt a small sting pulsate in her skull, but she ignored it. If anything, she was just pissed now. What was the man thinking in tapping into such dark powers? And against her?

As she sensed her blood boil, Suika took a second to exhale a cool breath. She trusted Shieo, yes, but she was disturbed by his actions. Demons, in her eyes, existed to cause pure anguish. They were a blight that threatened innocence and they typically fed off negative energy. Suika had never met a demon she didn’t loathe; today was no different. Yet, her reaction and attempts to find composure differed than how she wanted to respond. Perhaps it was because she had faith in her former sensei? Maybe sentimentality blinded her from certain harsh realities? No matter, it appeared as if this spar ceased to pause. She’d question him after.

“No matter, let’s try to wrap this up soon,” she asserted as she transitioned into her battle stance. Suika now faced not only her draconic sensei, but also his demonic hounds. It was in that moment, too, that the kunoichi realized she had no clue who Shieo was. Beyond their relationship in the classroom, it was apparent that this man was a stranger to her. A stranger that inspired her in her shinobi career and one that she felt odd attachment to, but a man of mystery nonetheless. Did she want to know him more? Her heart and head were split, but none of that mattered, really, when one wielded a blade. It was time to continue the fight.

[Sending actions in a bit]

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the darkness began to cloud my vision; and my sights were blotched by nothing but a verse of my own mind and a lack of visual alacrity, I only knew what was to come. It was a bit of a bummer, I proposed in my mind; but such was the nature of what was happening today.
The ethereal wasps sting of blade scratched at my skin over and over. Drawing scorching blood from the mixture of my psyche and my owns' flesh. I felt a bitterness to things out of my control at the time, each wound grew deeper and I waned in my mind of how much further I felt like bothering with the charade.

That's when I brought my body low in the shadows of my lack of acute vision and my senses lulled into a sense of diluted motion. I felt a stinging sensation in my half; from shoulder blade to hand, a calling that wasn't wholly my own, nor was it Bahamut's. I couldn't properly see the arm, but I felt a beating of blood that coursed from it's wounds and the flow of still functioning veins in the body-part. And felt the urge to plant the hand to the ground; as it lay sprawled out, a blood soaked seal started to leak around the ground.

I paused, "No..." I mulled the words out to myself, hardly audible- if at all to Suika. Indeed, perhaps not the best time or place for that.

My psyche, resounded my same thoughts solely for mine own to hear and understand. We both let out a cowled breath, as she controlled our bodies that acted in strange unison; until we both decided to break the bond. The lulling energy of demonic powers never truly manifested (Sorry Suika, vetoing that part in your post); and too shortly did the energy of my psyche leak away back into the deep folds of my mind to rest for the time; both he and I suffered rather obnoxious wounds that I wager will take some time to dare recover properly.

While there was further damage that wrought my system. Nearing the end of a lapse of judgement; my body cloaked in a blackened cocoon of shadow and drew me a few meters away. And I stood in my regular garbs; save the stained color of blood that lacquered on the tans, furs and licked at the edges of the alabaster scales I wore as armor. In the end, I hurt; quite a bit. But deigned to lift my shoulders into a drained shrug, my eyes closed; given their lack of use at the moment. Suika wasn't prepared to fight anyone but me, it was clear enough; was it spite? I wonder.

"I yield, the farce isn't worth continuing."

[MFT - 465 WC]
[Bmod End]

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Sorry for the uber late reply! One, I was unsure how to RP this as a big chunk of the post last round technically doesn't apply? Two, I just needed time to catch up on stuff! Thanks for the wait. And note, I will RP as if the summon didn't happen]

As their battle came to an end, Suika noticed runic symbols spread onto the ground from the man’s blood as she sensed a corrupt energy manifest. Rather, it was about to, but the Chuunin halted his actions. Was he hesitating? Holding back? The kunoichi, pumped with the near sight of victory, proceeded with her assault. Her movements grew less tactical and more aggressive. Unknown to her at this moment, this felt more natural to her than her chosen battle style. Her blade burned furiously with fiery spiritual aura as she chained together high-leveled sword taijutsu. Amid her flurry of slashes, the headache she once had returned and pulsated violently in her skull. Suika didn’t care at this point; she pushed through the pain.

After her final swing, Shieo displaced himself within the shadows and created safe distance between themselves. With a shrug of his shoulder, he had verbally yielded. A wide-eyed, adrenaline-filled Suika took a moment to process his withdrawal from their spar; was their battle truly over? Her migraine continued to escalate as the waning of their duel caused her to feel its full effects. Crouching over as she released a pained grunt, the genjutsu maintained on her former instructor lost their illusory grasps. It was then, too, that Suika’s mind revealed to her a type of vision. A white-haired, dark-skinned woman… a small village… demons… death. The images flashed rapidly in her mentalscape, most of which were unfamiliar to her. Yet, they brought about a particularly overwhelming emotion: sorrow. Tragedy had occurred, and it was apparent to her that the disaster she glimpsed through was the reason she was currently alive.

In Shieo’s sights, he would see Suika subtly convulsing as her flickering eyelids revealed the white of her eyes. A glowing, half-circled symbol appeared on her forehead as unfathomable runes wrapped the skin of her body. The forest was eerily quiet, and all that could be heard was the exasperated whimpering of the kunoichi as she experienced whatever this phenomenon was. “Haru…” she thought, “Haru no Tamashi.” Why did the name of ethereal blade invade the crevices of her mind? And at a time like this? “Haru…” Tears began to stream down the girl’s eyes. “Mother.” Upon the uttering of that word, Suika’s spiritual sword dispersed as the seal on her forehead shifted into a crescent moon.

The kunoichi fainted.

Her body fell face-forward toward the grassy surface of the forest. What exactly happened to Suika? Did she overexert herself from this little fight? Or was this directly related to whatever just occurred? Shieo would notice the air around them grow denser as animals started fleeing toward a very particular direction. The critters of the forest were spooked; suddenly, the Chuunin would sense a malevolent force. What will Shieo do?

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back