Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private [pvt. Sakura-clan] Finally letting go.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A groan left the adult man as he was lying down on the couch. There were glasses on the table along with a lot of files. The adult male had made a work-at-home day, something that he had never done before. He wasn’t even in the study or at his room for work, he was just on the couch laying with a massive hangover… He hated to admit it, but the night he had been out, then the fit he had in the garden… he wondered how many people heard him roar, but then again he did not remember that much about it.

A small contract summon brought him another water with a painkiller. “Thank you…” he spoke softly as loud sounds hurt his head. He sometimes would forget that he wasn’t a young adult anymore, or a teenager.

The ring that used to be around his neck, was no longer there either. He closed that chapter now. He was single again and the past love of his life was nowhere to be known. For Nao, time went on and so did the situations around him. Yet he probably changed the most. He started to care less, think less about situations and just took it for what was in front of him. The loveling caring side that he always gave, the never-lasting care… Had run dry, that endless well was gone.

“Going from a benevolent archmage… to this dragon awakened form… but I can’t let the past define me or hurt me anymore. I have to keep moving forward. Even if that means cutting ties and forgetting things… At least I have the child here still, that is something that will keep me going…” He would mutter as he fell asleep later with the file on his chest.

[pvt. But open to those who are in my clan.]

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C-Rank
Tsuki stumbled into the new clan house, letting out a long breath as he closed the door behind him quietly. He had spent the day training despite the exhaustion from helping his dad move their things. It was a bit sad to leave behind their first home, the same one he had come back to after all those years hiding, but he figured it might be a good thing. A fresh start to his new life, a cheers to him growing and deciding not to back down despite his struggles.

Nao was his biggest inspiration, after all. Despite everything his fatherly figure had gone through, he was still here, still pushing on. Tsuki didn't want to give up. He wanted to fight for his place in this world.

Tsuki made his way into the house, still getting acclimated to his new surroundings. He didn't expect to walk in on Nao snoozing on the couch, though. Tsuki smiled softly, making his way down the hall to his bedroom and grabbing one of the spare blankets he had been given upon his initial return. Tsuki quietly approached Nao's sleeping form, carefully removing the file held to his chest and placing the blanket over him instead. He did his best not to wake his elder, wanting Nao to get the rest he deserved.

Tsuki then placed the file he held on the stack in front of him, making his way to the kitchen. He wasn't necessarily the best cook in the world, but maybe he could whip up something simple for dinner for the two of them.

MFT
WC: 264

Tsuki speech
Tsuki thoughts
Keiko speech
Keiko thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Nao was sleeping the day away, warm below that comfortable blanket. He did find himself in a dream state, it was a dream that things would go forward now with a lot of fun.
He hoped this dream would go on, but a scent of cooking started to fill the room and it had woken up the red-haired male. A small huff came from him as he started to wake up. Drowsy he would first make a big stretch, almost as big as getting a cramp in a muscle if you weren't careful. Then he would sit up and the blanket fell, he never picked a blanket...?
His thoughts trailed along again until he noticed that the file was on the table too. "huh..." That was when he noticed the small again and his gaze went to the kitchen, he saw the figure of Tsuki standing there.

"Good day son..." he muttered, still the sleep in his eyes as he had woken up. If tsuki and or Keiko allowed it, Nao would go with a hand through their hairs. "That smells good... what you making?"

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C-Rank
Tsuki let a small grin grace his lips when he heard his dad approaching. "Hope you slept well," Tsuki would return as he felt a hand ruffle his hair a bit. He stirred the pan he was cooking in, shrugging his shoulders. "It's chicken and broccoli. I was going to make rice, but Keiko has no idea how and I don't want to make it too sticky or something." He sprinkled a bit of salt ad pepper into the pan, enjoying the scent.

Tsuki had scoured through the pantry for spices, but he didn't know how half of the would taste. He would definitely need to learn a thing or two someday. "I hope it tastes okay, I didn't really cook much while I was gone."

To be fair, stealing a pre-made dinner is a lot easier.

"I'm not going to steal dinner, you heathen."

Tsuki felt his cheeks heat when he realized he'd responded to Keiko aloud. "Sorry, Keiko's being a menace." Tsuki took a knife to cut into a piece of the chicken and make sure it wasn't pink. When he was sure it was fully cooked, he removed it from the heat and started to hunt the new cabinet layout for a set of bowls.

Tsuki speech
Tsuki thoughts
Keiko speech
Keiko thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
" Haha, don't worry about that. Everything is better than the ransion foods you get when out on a long mission." He tried to make a cheerfull sounding moment, only later relealize that.. . It could also be that it wasn't a nice compliment. "Looks good though.." he said as he took a fork and tried a brocoli. " Would say 5 minutes and then it will be cooked." He spoke and would look towards Tsuki. He seemed to be searching for something and then thought it maybe be bowls of plates. "Left cabin are bowls, the cabin above are plates and the cutlerly is in the drawer." He spoke and would watch the child.

"Hope you are both doing fine, I know the move and building things didn't really help out a lot. but it is also for a fresh start again. And with this I have more time even for you unlike before with the bigger house. Which... now that I think about it, was almost a mansion big." he would comment as he would grab two glasses and fill it with water for their dinner.

Once at the table he would just start eating while still trying to wake up, he certainly had slept long. Right now he was sitting down without his glasses on and thus you could see his two colored eyes even better. "Keiko is also doing his best, so do cut him some slack. I am not sure what he said... but if you two want we can cook every saturday together? I can teach you a lot that way." He spoke and would smile as he took another bite of the cihcken.

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C-Rank
Tsuki listened as Nao told him where the dishes were, letting out a small laugh. He'd get the hang of the new place eventually. He grabbed two bowls, waiting a bit longer for the broccoli to soften in the still hot pan before serving up two bowls for them both. He grabbed a fork for himself as well, sure that Nao had kept the one he tried the dish with.

Tsuki carried everything to the table, setting a bowl before his dad and seating himself. "It's a change, definitely, but I'm looking at it like a fresh start too. Besides, it feels less empty now that it's a smaller place," he replied. He was sad to know Toshi hadn't been around in some time, though he hoped one day he could see new faces adopted into their little makeshift family. "Keiko's doing well too."

Mostly.

"I mean...he's a bit antsy. Thrill seeker, you know? But he's adjusting to the home well." It was a simpler and less gruesome way to say that Keiko's bloodlust was growing, but Tsuki figured they could work something out soon. Even if it was a small hunt outside the walls again. "He just happened to make me aware that he did a bit of thieving while we were gone. I wasn't really around much for it...but I'm working harder now. I don't want to just fade away while he does his own thing, you know? We're both set on going into the Anbu together."

He figured dinner was a better time than any to bring up future plans. Besides, if he was to stay living here, he'd hope to receive Nao's support in training and preparation. "I would love to cook with you each week. I want to learn more so I can help out around here when you're working late," he mentioned, looking over to the paperwork that was piled in the other room. "If I knew more about your work, I'd offer help there too, but I figure it's stuff that I'm probably not supposed to know about anyway."

Tsuki speech
Tsuki thoughts
Keiko speech
Keiko thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nao would laugh as the other started about his work. " A lot of it is dense information, patient information and budgets. As you may know, everything that I got from my paycheck is going to the clan and some aspects of the Byoin to help around. That means, that a lot of paperwork comes with the job too. For example, the one that I had been reading in about, was a request for extending the south wing in the Byoin. But that simple request comes with not just one inspection, but actually five different branches. So before I will so go or no go I have to look into everything as much as I can. Is it indeed needed, or can we wait with it, what happens if we do it for the other places, can the structure indeed handle it all. What about the lightning and maintanance. A lot come into play for us. And it isn't just running one place but everything together. It... doesn't help that I am also the hokage advisor ofcourse, so a lot of affairs and things from the outer city play a role for me too." h ecommented and would take a big bite.

"You will learn eventually bits and pieces about the jobs. More over you may even know stuff that I won't get to see the light on with that branch." He commented and would think back about his medical anbu times. "For example... there are some things always left in the dark." He would finish up his plate and wait for Tsuki to be done eating. " I better not catch Keiko stealing under my watch, if I do catch him let him know there will be concequenses... Worst case senario he can bathe all the puppies at inuzuka ranch." He would smile polite... but there was manace in his words. He was serious... Beware Keiko!

When both of them would be done with eating, nao would grab the bowls and cutlery as walk towards the kitchen to place it in the dishwasher... Yes, they had the luxery of that thing these days.

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C-Rank
Tsuki listened calmly as Nao went on about his paperwork. He ate slowly, enjoying this time with his father.

Is it weird to call him my dad?

Only if you make it weird. Keiko's words made Tsuki roll his eyes, though he still paid close attention to Nao's words. He hadn't meant for Keiko to hear that thought and respond. It was still kind of hard to separate his own thoughts from shared ones.

Hearing Nao get into the topic of Anbu and what was in store for his learning, Tsuki tuned in a bit more. It seemed like Nao wasn't against the idea at least, which was a relief since he knew Keiko was dead set on it and wouldn't take no for an answer. When Nao gave warning to Keiko's mischievous ways, he scoffed.

I'll just be sneakier about it.

If you do, I'll eventually find out and tell him for you. We're holding you accountable. You can't be thieving forever, especially if we move up in rank. You'll get your ass arrested eventually.

Yeah yeah, whatever.

"He agrees to your terms. I'll make sure he doesn't get away with it forever, at the very least." Even if they did get caught, Tsuki would have to pay for the crime just as well, even if it wasn't his fault. He had to keep Keiko in check.

Tsuki stood to follow after Nao into the kitchenette once more as he went to washing the dishes. "Can you tell me anything that isn't confidential about the Anbu? Maybe what sort of training I should focus on, or any reading I should do?" He really wasn't very prepared for their goal, despite it being shared. Even Keiko wasn't sure what they'd be getting into. "Are there certain things I can't even tell you eventually? I'd hate to keep secrets from you like that."

Tsuki speech
Tsuki thoughts
Keiko speech
Keiko thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
At the question about what ANBU was, he would smile softly. Knowing full well what it meant. "I will tell you what I can let you know." This already indicated that he knew a lot more than he was letting go of.
"Anbu are all over the world, and not only limited to the hidden leaf. There are three villages we currently are aware of. Leaf, Sand, and Cloud. You never know who is a real ANBU. Because they all lead a different life, a hidden one. ANBU means Dark Side since the full meaning is Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai, which also means on its Special Assassination and Tactical Squad. There are three parts to an ANBU, diplomatics, inquisitors, and assassination." He would keep a moment of silence for the other to grasp.

"Diplomat are good in talking, inquisitors are focused on finding information and assassin.. Well..t ehy kill people." He would speak and look towards the child. "They use all code names, if you fail to keep it all a secret... It will be seen as village treason and you will be executed. That's why, even if you work with one, you never learn to know who they are." He knew a few himself... but that besides, he also worked with them. "There was this one time I worked along side them on a mission when I was young. They were always distant, it was a simple group of three and they were there for information. So the inquisitors." He would tell how the story went and that it eventually led to his own teacher being faulty and being charged for all the crimes he had done to them. He would never forget how he learned his shinobi way... and how many lost them and he fabricated a lie.

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C-Rank
Tsuki listened intently, and with the pressure he felt in his head, he figured Keiko was also paying attention to their mentor. Tsuki had dealt with a bit of trouble trying to find studies on the ANBU, but knowing just how secretive their position was now, it made a lot more sense. Sounds like ANBU will be a very hands-on learning path than one I can really study.

Let's go for assassin.

How about we actually get in first before choosing our fate? Besides, I'm sure they place you in your position based on what you can offer.

The secret life part shouldn't be too difficult; Keiko often masked as him when they were out in public, not wanting to let people on to their situation for whatever reasons he had. Tsuki knew he might eventually end up with confidential information no matter which branch he joined, but hearing that his failure to remain secretive of his position could lead to treason on his village definitely scared some sense into him.

"Given what you know of the ANBU, and what you know of me...do you think I'd even make it there? I'm clumsy, I'm terrified of my own blood, and I'm pretty sure I'm not great at hiding how I feel with my expression..." the thought of him getting caught before he could even get started was a terrifying one.

Just my opinion, but you'll probably suck. But I'll keep you from screwing it up too much.

Not helping, Tsuki scoffed internally.

Not trying to~ Keiko teased in reply.

Tsuki speech
Tsuki thoughts
Keiko speech
Keiko thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His reaction was a surprised one, wondering if his child was able to fit in. Without.. much of a thought he would cut his hand and show it to him, trying to see his reaction. If he fainted he would think twice... if he didn't he would smile bright. "Either way you would be a good one, so don't worry too much." he would comment before watching his child and going to the livingroom himself. Standing conversations were often so awkward.

"Reminds me... Why is it you chase it?" he asked, wanting to hear their story about the who what and where... and if it would turn to be a long one. He would prepare a hot coco for the both of them. He still wasn't sure if he should make two mugs of choco for them or just one... So on the safe side he had made 3 choco in advance and placed two mugs for Tsuki... Yet was a bit shy to ask if the other also drank one on his own or not. Right of this moment... he kind of forgot his medical side and was his father side showing through.

[small sorry]

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C-Rank
Tsuki's gaze immediately fell to Nao's hand as he sliced himself, the pool of red so unexpected and sudden that he barely had time to respond. It took him a moment to process what just happened, but he immediately turned his head away, not wanting to lose front to his other half just yet. He was surprised to see that Keiko didn't try and jump out at the sight of it though. Was it because of the recent hunt he'd let Keiko go on? Or his training was finally paying off.

In any case, Tsuki lifted his gaze once more when Nao went about making them some hot cocoa. He let out a breath he didn't even realize he'd been holding, following along again to take another seat and pick up one of the mugs.

Did he make one for me too? Keiko questioned as Tsuki eyed the second mug placed before him. It made him giggle a bit, sipping at the one he'd picked up.

I guess he didn't want you to feel left out.

Cute.

Tsuki let the warmth of the cocoa soothe his stomach of the nerves that Nao's test had costed him before going about answering the question. "It was Keiko's idea at first. He mentioned it to Toshi when they first met, and I happened to agree with the idea. Though since then, I did give the medical branch a thought. I figured, though, since Keiko would likely be around just as often as me, putting him in a field full of blood that's meant for testing may not be the best idea. Especially when healthcare for individuals that need rest and healing is involved."

Another small laugh would escape him at the thought; besides, Tsuki was far too queasy around blood as is. He'd likely never hold out for long with Keiko itching over his shoulder. "ANBU seemed the best fit for us to work as a team. I go in with the knowledge, and he goes in with the skill. I think it would work out fairly well."

Tsuki speech
Tsuki thoughts
Keiko speech
Keiko thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Seems like you have that bit under control.." he would speak as he then would clean the wound and let it airdry further once he stopped the bleeding. He never wasted chakra on small things like this, since he thought that Chakra wasn't always limitless... He knew as he already tapped into life force... He knew he had a shorter life due to that from the-- SHE SKIPPED THE HEALTH CHECK AGAIN. That was the first thing that came to mind as he thought back of Soku.

Once the choco was placed down he would nip at it too, simply listening to what the child was saying. "I see... Well.. Maybe the main thing the two of you need is mutual understanding and acceptance... I can be wrong, since I never really dabbled into a split personality and everything, but I am glad I am so far being able to manage you two a little bit.. " He muttered a bit defeated on the end as he would blow the steam away. The warmth in his hands made him smile soft again. Playing with the ear of the mug he would look twaoreds the kid. "Dont worry... I know you will get far." he would remove one hand of the mug and ruffle the others hairs again if allowed.

"Just train hard, both fyisical and mental... That is important too, and once you cannot handle it. Make sure that you say that to your superior or me. I want to be there for the both of you in good and bad times. I want to be someone you both can rely on."

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C-Rank
Tsuki listened intently as Nao began to give his feedback on what they could work on together. Given that their main problem was definitely communication and agreement on most topics, Tsuki easily agreed with the given suggestions. Now he just needed to find a way to get onto Keiko's better side so that they could get past that wall of separation and truly work together. Upon Nao saying that they would get far, Tsuki smiled. "I appreciate the reassurance. You definitely hit the nail on the head with us needed to learn how to work together. And besides, I've also never delved in this world before. We're learning together," he laughed,

Tsuki took a moment to reflect as he sipped on his hot choco, agreeing that he would be sure to let his father know if things began to be too much for him. Then again, everything felt like too much at times, but Tsuki knew that if he bent to the will of his mind, he'd never get out of bed again. That simply was not an option, and Tsuki knew he would have to learn how to cope with his struggles like everyone else around him. Especially if he chose the path of secrecy the ANBU required of him.

"I know you adopted me when I first got here, and that you view me as your child, but you should let me know when things get to be too much too. Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean I won't listen as you vent out your frustrations." Tsuki looked back to Nao, tilting his head a bit as his smile softened. "We're family. You don't have to bear your burdens alone."

Tsuki speech
Tsuki thoughts
Keiko speech
Keiko thoughts

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back