Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Quest unlike the Rest [Exam/Mission]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sera looked from the top of the cliff, her eyes checking around to see what was happening. If anything was happening that she should be aware off. It seemed that Takeshi had other ideas like wasting her time right now, it was rather annoying more than anything else. She slumped down to her backside as she sat looking forward her eyes scanning the horizon as she wondered how the team was getting on. It was clear that they still had a lot of work to do for this exam.

“Hey as long as no-one comes back in a body bag I guess that classes as a successful day in the office. Hell, I guess if one came back Takeshi wouldn’t be that angry at least”

Sera grabbed a flask that she was given by Takeshi, sometimes he had a soft side and she found the big old puppy dog eyes worked on him. Opening the flash, she began to sip from it as her eyes focused forward to see what was happening around the place. It was so quiet, she was used to always being in a fight. Sipping on the liquid that came her way she allowed herself to smile slightly. Knowing full well that she could relax sipping on her drink for a while she allowed herself to enjoy the moment.

“You’re not really talkative, that much is fair enough. I mean let’s face it I know beauty can put you off.”

Sitting there and sipping seemed to show how this day was going to go while the team in the village got on with their work.

OOC:
I will be taking over this exam for Tama, this means that you all get me, so I have some very simple rules.
- 72 Hour posting limit. If you miss posting in this time you get skipped
- Keep the TLDR going, it lets me know what you are doing, makes my life easier.
- Kaori the building 11 looks similar to 12, nothing special….if anything at all.
- On looking around the whole place looks more like a ghost town than a village
- Town plan stays the same, let’s have fun with this. Im watching.
[spoilername="East Village"]
TpgxIIu.png
[/spoilername]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
wC303TN.png
The investigation of this town is taking far too long. Something was up with this village, it was far too empty for this to be the cause for an investigation. Perhaps the fact that it is empty is the reason for the investigation. Kaori pressed the talk-button on her microphone and spoke into it so that Nyura and Shiori would hear her clearly. "Building 11 looks clear, come on out," she replied before gathering with the rest of the group. The longer she stayed here, the more lonely and desolate this place got. It was actually kinda spooky. "This place looks really run-down and I didn't see any signs of life from out here. I think, here, we should investigate Building 11 and 10, respectively. Building 11 is just behind this one, across a bridge and Building 10 is directly next to it," she said as she outlined the terrain.

Once the group gathered, she explained what she thought was the next best strategy. While the idea was to stick together as a team, they also had to play off of each other's strengths. She easily knew the strengths of Shiori, but she hadn't the foggiest on the strengths of their third member, Nyura. Her abilities could either be a boon or a hindrance to the accomplishment of this mission. She thought for a moment before speaking quietly into the microphone. "That was what I was planning, Shiori. Since you can do your thing with walls, I think it would be best if you check out the armory on your own. If things get too hairy, make sure to radio in and get out and find us. Try to stay hidden. Me and, uh," she said as she came to a pause, never actually having heard this girl's name yet. "We're going to go to Building 10. It looks like an Inn. With beds and food. If anyone's here, they could be there sleeping as well," she said as she nodded to the group for a moment and turned her head towards the Inn and slowly made her way there, hopefully with Nyura in tow.

She peeled out around the building before encountering the water. Their profiles would be a lot less noticeable in this fog if the two of them swam through the water. She wasn't a very strong swimmer, but she was strong enough to make it across this little bit. "Ready to take a dip?" she asked of Nyura before quietly putting herself into the pool of water and swimming across it, trying to make a b-line all the way across the water. She started to grow exhausted after a short while, forcing chakra into her feet to help her remain buoyant. After the brief swim, she pulled herself up out of the water and quickly sneaked to hug the wall of the Inn, trying to keep her body low. She continued towards the door and stopped for a moment and put up 3 fingers, slowly counting down to zero before reached for the knob and thought for a moment.

She stopped before her hand touched the knob. The knob, itself, could be rigged to a trap somehow. With a little groan, she stopped and pointed upwards. This was a tall building, after all, and there were bound to be windows that were usable for entrance. As quickly as she thought about it, she used her chakra to stick to the walls of the Inn and started to scale up it like a spider, looking over all of the windows for one that is either open, broken open, or another way in.

[TLDR]
- Told Shiori to investigate building 11
- Takes Nyura with her to Building 10
- Swam across water to try to avoid detection via movement
- Arrived at Building 10.
- Reached for the knob and stopped themselves. The knob could be trapped.
- Used Chakra to cling to the walls of Building 10 to see if there was another entrance via window whether window is open, broken, or another way in.​

WC: 604
WC Total: 2374 + 604 = 2978

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Building 11 looks clear, come on out,"

Shiori moved to group up again. The silence of this place was oppressive.

"This place looks really run-down and I didn't see any signs of life from out here. I think, here, we should investigate Building 11 and 10, respectively. Building 11 is just behind this one, across a bridge and Building 10 is directly next to it,"

Shiori agreed with the assessment, examining the map in his mind. The village was small and rather compact, it shouldn’t be too hard to quickly sweep through. He wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible. The oppressive lack of activity was causing him to chafe. His hand itched.

"That was what I was planning, Shiori. Since you can do your thing with walls, I think it would be best if you check out the armory on your own. If things get too hairy, make sure to radio in and get out and find us. Try to stay hidden.”

Shiori clicked an affirmative on his mic, making sure he kept as quiet as possible. The chance to strike out alone was alluring. And he could easily get out of there before anyone knew he had gotten in. Maybe he could win a little bit of glory on the mission. He wasn’t leading, Kaori had fallen into that role. He would need to carve out his own little bit of renown.

He rose slightly, stalking forward. His form began to flicker about, his shadow danced, his steps seemed out of time with each other. Images of the boy moved before him and after him slightly, an unnerving sight. And then he disappeared.

Shiori stepped into the ground floor of the armoury [Building 11]. He hunkered down, eyes scanning back and forth.

WC 299 [1996]

Nyura Katawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MFT
Word Count: 660
Total Word Count: 2616

This exam had been portrayed as a challenge, wrought with mystery and potential danger. But thus far, Nyura and her associates had found next to nothing and the hope for answers seemed to dwindle as the sun faded farther into the distance, casting elongated shadows as if the sky intended to place a shroud over their terrain. Shuffling through the refuse and debris, her shika-tabi brushing aside shrapnel and rock, she kept pace with her companions.

"We're going to go to Building 10. It looks like an Inn. With beds and food. If anyone's here, they could be there sleeping as well."

Nodding her head in agreement their squad would separate, influencing a quicker search for clues. Moving alongside the young woman, Kaori, they'd arrive at the bridge. It once was sturdy and dependable but to say the same for it now would be a lie. A blatant lie at that; for whatever had left this village barren of life, had brought devastation to the environment and architecture. Decay sprouted from the crevices of the wood, just the same as the moss lined the cobblestone channel. It clung to the walls and rose vertically upon the slopes, clawing for the waning sunlight for nutrients.

"Ready to take a dip?"

Nyura held back the urge to giggle as their impromptu leader proposed the question. Casting her eyes across the small chasm, partially filled with water, she'd bring her hands upward and together, beginning to channel her chakra once more. This was nothing extraordinary, at least for her, as the majority of her training leading up to this point had been in the category of chakra control. Her will over her personal energies gave her a small advantage in such situations, but her decided lack of discipline in combat was definitely a short coming. Being a youth, she always had time to improve, however. Taking a few crouched paces to the edge, she'd lower her body down to the waters surface, ensuring her foot does not sink bellow the unaltered plane. Feeling a solid foothold, she'd release her grasp on the edge, bringing her blade back to priority as she'd take a few low and shaky steps across the shifting current. The sensation of a ripple could be felt as she sought to rise from the water and back onto the stone street, peering back at her ally whom seemed to be quite wet at this point.

"Stay low, don't put yourself in harms way; best to go up."

Drawing her posture forward with her, but at a heightened pace, she'd take in a deep inhalation through her nostrils. The audible exhale was heard shortly after, her shōtō dug into the dirt as her hands formed together once again. She was slowly depleting her chakra; but if it was for the good of the mission and these students exam, she was willing to take the risk. Content with the portioned energy, she'd propel herself upward and to the wall, catching hold on it with a strong grasp. A friction between her boots and the wall, and her posture arced in a way that she was able to peer inside the window and get a glimpse of what was inside. Assuming there was nothing of note, or to worry about, she'd cautiously edge her figure into the building upon the second floor. Giving a short glance over her shoulder at Kaori, a slight twinge of fear still nagging at the back of her mind, she'd shuffle forward some with a low posture, her body tucked near the ground in a prepared stance.

— Nyura remains in stealth.
— She channels chakra, and crosses the small river dividing the town.
— Plants her weapon into the ground, and spends more chakra to scale the wall to a nearby window.
— Readies her shōtō upon entry to the building, prepared to deliver a quick Thrust towards any hostile threats.
— If encountered by a trap, she will immediately utilize Body Switch with a nearby piece of debris

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was easily quiet in the village, life had suddenly gone would have been the best description as emptied in a matter of seconds. It seemed that though the team split up they would continue to search the buildings this much was correct. Shiori in one direction and Katawa took up another. Was it the right move to do? Who knew but it was the one that they were going ahead with, splitting up each of the parties would enter into their buildings at different times.

Shiori would be the first person to enter his building, he had chosen to go over to building eleven. It seemed it was in the same state at the last building that they had investigated, it was rand own and looked semi chaotic with everything thrown around. As Shiori would enter the building, the tables would be over turned this time and what could be considered a pot of stew stained the floor as it looked like it had been overturned quickly. There was no sign of anyone around or life for that matter in this deserted place once more, they were all out of luck on that front. That wasn’t the important matter though that probably came to Shiori mind.

As he walked through the empty building and looked around a spike flung up from the floor, he was unable to dodge it in time as a nail drove itself home inside his thigh, sticking him to the location he was at. It seemed that he was in for an unfortunate day right now. Carelessness had got the better of the student and now he paid the full price for letting that affect him in the form of the spike that had been driven into his leg at the at that exact moment in time.

Katawa entered into building ten from the top level, it would seem that abandoned as it was paper was fluttering around the top room. Bedding had been thrown around and what could be considered a rush defence was what she found herself looking at right at that moment in time. As Katawa moved downstairs she found herself facing a note that was scribbled in a rush on the table, while nothing was around the place had been deserted it seemed to be a habit. Of course, what could they do about that, each building was empty. No-one around to ask questions to, that was the annoying part of it in the long run.

Upon further inspection for Katawa the note would simply read the following message:

Its coming for me, if you read this my name is Amelia I am only six years old, it was the serpent, it came in the night for the village… It was more like a demon, it is going through the village hunting us down, we are trying to escape I just hope we…………………………..

This would be the end of the message from that point, seemed something would interrupt the rest of it. With this information, what would the two shinobi that remained in the exam do. With Kaori summoned elsewhere to take care of things it left just Shiori and Katawa. While on top of a hill out of the way the two examiners watched to see how it was going even though the thick layer of fog was keeping most of that a secret from there.

“Im going to look a bit closer, I will be back soon but might as well try and maintain a contract with the students, no point leaving them on their own if it is required now is there?”

With that Sera stood up from the perch she had taken, dusting herself down in a split second she jumped down to the ground and began to walk towards the village. It was nothing special and she wasn’t even in a rush at that moment in time. She whistled calmly as she went to see how the students were doing, this was there exam to complete. The two of them had to figure things out, let’s see what would happen with this new information. Sera continued to stare up to the sky, never really knowing why. Sometimes she wished she could just go up there, but instead she was stuck down to the ground with the kids into his exam.

[OOC:
- Shiori took 300 Damage from a spiked nail that was waiting in building 11
- Building 11 is deserted other than that
- Katawa entered building 10 and found the note from the girl
- Building 10 is empty other than the note
- Kaori is no longer in the exam
- Post time is 72 Hours
- Any questions please DM or PM me

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The old, musty armoury was in total disarray. It was dark as well. Dank fitted the room perfectly. He looked at the floor. The tatami were stained by stew. He wrinkled his nose, not at the smell, but at the waste. More evidence of people leaving in the middle of their meals.

Leaving? Or being taken?

A whispering of the air was his only warning.

Pain blossomed throughout his leg, and he looked down at the spike, propelled on some form of arm into his thigh. On a fully grown man, it would have probably got the knee. He gripped the thigh, gritting his teeth, biting back tears. He tapped his radio.

“Guys, I’m stuck.”

All he heard in his ear was static.

“Guys, building 10 has traps. I need help. I am stuck.” The whisper became more urgent. The static remained the same. Shiori exhaled angrily. Where had everyone gone? He would have to rely on his own. As any great, he would have to act independently. He closed his eyes, brows furrowed with both pain and thought. As a plan formed, his lips twitched out of a grimace and into a smile, for a moment.

He tapped into his power, the ability flowing within his blood. He thought of outside the building, visualising it. He yanked his leg, and disappeared.

He appeared outside the armoury, arms clamped on his thigh. He remembered his basic anatomy to know the danger of a punctured thigh. It had huge muscles and huge vessels. If he slacked off with pressure, he would be done for. He swung his bag around, using one arm to scramble through the equipment. He yanked out the strapping for the splint, tying it off above the wound; a makeshift tourniquet. He tried the radio again.

“Ryuu, I’m bleeding. I need blood pills.” He didn’t wait for a reply, the whisper carrying an urgent hiss.

There was no reply, only a puff of smoke, and a pill in tissue paper. Shiori eagerly grabbed at the package, popping the pill into his mouth. He swallowed it, and waited for the pill to take effect. And in the waiting, he began to think.

No one had answered him so far. Even Ryuu was silent. It could be a radio issue. But Ryuu had sent a pill. He clicked the transmitter again, a wordless signal to his compatriots. Again, nothing.

He would need to go further, then. He looked down at his leg. The bleeding had stopped, scabbing over. The pill was doing it’s work. The tourniquet became a bandage. Kaori and Katawa had been headed for 10. He huffed and puffed, levering himself up. He would go to them.

“Guys. The armoury is a no-go. I’m coming to you.”

WC: 461 [2457]
[OOC:
-Used quicksilver step to remove self from trap and building with no further damage.
-1 teleport scroll and 1 blood pill from Ryuu’s bag used.
-Meeting up with Katawa in building 10.]

Nyura Katawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The building was foreboding and left her with an inherent sense of unease as she pressed onwards. The interior appeared ransacked, devoid of life but bursting at the seems with an emotional and tragic scenery. Carpet was torn up in places, the mounted wall sconces were askew and judging by the furniture that toppled beneath its own weight, and how it all lay strewn in a sporadic manner, ill will and misfortune found their way to this village. Scanning her environment with a key eye, she'd catch glimpse of several shattered picture frames amongst a litter of children's bobbles. A peaked interest brought her into the room; papers and youth drawn art lay scattered amongst the toys. Few remained posted on the wall, but the most notable was an owl, etched with what looked to be a charcoal stick by the constistency of the lines. Paying it a moment of homage amongst the wreckage, bowing her head softly in acknowledgement of the significant loss of life that likely transpired here. A soft breeze loomed in, gently swaying tattered and frayed curtains, also doing a number on her blonde locks. Taking a moment to push her bangs aside, bestowing them behind her ear before exhaling sharply. Nyura maneuvered forward, giving a meager kick through the assorted parchment that whipped at her feet and clung to the refuse and rubbish that dotted her path.

A piece of cypress found its way to her hand, and a short read gave her a sense of fear she hadn't felt in a long time. Chills etched their way up her arms, her head turning suddenly to the space she came from at the sound of shifting debris. Seeing her companion appear within the vicinity, she'd sigh in relief as she brandished her blade and grew closer to her scathed ally.

"Good to see you're back... you okay?" she asks, surveying his wounds for a moment before extending the piece of paper towards him and nodding slowly with a concerned expression as she'd tap on her headset for a moment to finish her sentence. "We may have evidence here, but nothing definitive."

WC: 343
Total WC: 2959

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sera sat around as she watched, it seems that the village was deserted as she moved down to join the other two for the last bit of the mission, it was more to be on standby than anything else. Entering the village, she stuck to the outside of the place, keeping herself hidden from the others, she crouched around the building as she scaled across the sides, it was clear that they had made it to the tenth building and where close to the end of this mission. But she was here to help them if they decided to keep up with the mission.

Right now, they are heading in the right direction it’s clear that they have developed themselves to push further than most, they have made a good impression right now and that much could not be an issue.

As they found the note it would be a simple bit of paper, nothing special on there but a small note which was written in crayon. It was a warning if you will to anyone that would find the note laying around. This building once more like the rest it was deserted and empty. Looking like it had been rushed for people to get away from what ever had come into this village, it was clear now that everywhere had been abandoned and of course nothing was left behind at that moment. The note simply read the following.

Whoever finds this,

It came at night, it came from the shadows with fang and tail twisting, crawling across the floor and threw the buildings it has killed many of the village. Summoned by some foul master and we are unable to escape the village is burning with screams of the dying, the serpent is coming for us now, my family will try and protect ourselves but I fear that this letter will be my last part. I know full well that if you are reading this note then I am no longer around and neither is my family.

Seratu Sera
Six Years Old

This was the end of the note it seemed that a small few droplets of blood tricked down the end of the note that had dried since then, it was clear that the girl was dead and this note was just what remained of her outcry to help to anyone that found it. Though they found it too late that much was the fact of this beast. The building was empty like the other ones, and now the two of them had managed to meet up finally and of course it was right now that the situation was clear to the two Shinobi on this exam.

The big question that had to be asked, what would they have to do now? Would they simply leave it unsolved, or would they find the answers to the question and solve the mystery that had riddled the two this was the issue both of them would have to decided and with Sera outside the window out of sight, she listened to the choices being made.

[OOC:]</B>
- 72 Hour posting limit. If you miss posting in this time you get skipped (Unless you notify me before hand)
- Keep the TLDR going, it lets me know what you are doing, makes my life easier.
- Both of you have read the note in the above statement and know the girl is dead
- The town still appears to be empty and everyone has deserted it
- You now know about the snake!!!!
- Town plan stays the same, let’s have fun with this. Im watching.
[spoilername="East Village"]
TpgxIIu.png
[/spoilername]
<B>

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Good to see you're back... you okay?"

“I’ve been better. It seems I stopped the bleeding.” Shiori indicated his leg.

He took the proffered paper, reading the message on it.

Its coming for me, if you read this my name is Amelia I am only six years old, it was the serpent, it came in the night for the village… It was more like a demon, it is going through the village hunting us down, we are trying to escape I just hope we…………………………..

The note was scribbled in a crabbed hand, obviously hurried. It seems they knew what had caused this. As he passed the note back, he noticed another piece of paper. He bent down, wincing as he put weight on his leg.

Whoever finds this,

It came at night, it came from the shadows with fang and tail twisting, crawling across the floor and threw the buildings it has killed many of the village. Summoned by some foul master and we are unable to escape the village is burning with screams of the dying, the serpent is coming for us now, my family will try and protect ourselves but I fear that this letter will be my last part. I know full well that if you are reading this note then I am no longer around and neither is my family.

Seratu Sera
Six Years Old

Another note about the serpent, but this time with mention of a summoner. A contract, maybe? He had read about them in classes, powerful ninja able to summon animals to help them. A very mature note for a six year old, even if it was in crayon. Serious situations often forced a somber nature. He passed the note to Katawa.

Giving her time to read it, he spoke up. Kaori was gone, Ryuu wasn't responding. He would have to step up. They would find this serpent. What a story it would make! When he was a great, remembered in histories, they would point to here as that first moment, that first step on the path to his inevitable rise to the top.

“I think we should find it. We know why the place is deserted. Let’s sort it out so we can rebuild here.” He pulled out the map. He reflected about feeling nothing about the dead girl, but he couldn’t muster up the emotion. Something to think about later.

“Let’s head for building 8. Makes the most sense.” He rolled the map back up. This would make a great tale.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sara slowly walked through the town as she searched the area, making sure that every nook and gap was cleared. It was clear that the team had decided to eradicate the problem once and for all, heading to the end building. This would be a harder task than they had planned but the rewards they would reap from this would be worth it for all involved. Sara allowed herself to follow the group as she smiled slightly. It seemed that they were using some of their own skill and quick thinking here which was a good sign considering it was for their own exam, they had to work for it.

I will follow them into building eight, that means they have some support if they need it at least we can look at the protection of the students while they are on their exam, I am sure that Takeshi would approve of this tactic.

With that Sara begun to follow the group as they moved, she would be clearly behind them and in sight so they could feel the support that was needed to complete this mission that had been their assignment. As Sara walked she did so silently and would not be answering any of the questions that was asked, her job was to simply help them.

Inside building eight though a different surrounding was coming to place, he knew full well that they would be coming. His hand coming out and touching the top of the scales that he called his play thing. Its yellow eyes shining through the darkness of the building as it hissed slightly towards the man in enjoyment. It seemed that their bond was deeper than just the killing, it was a partnership and something that would be hard pressed to be taken lightly in this situation.

“They will come for us Neforath, and when they do we will be prepared for them. Ready to strike out at them and kill them where they stand, be prepared I sense they will not be long now”

The man’s voice barely a whisper in the wind as he spoke. The serpent listened as they looked around at the room, it was clear that they had finally come to the clash that was expected, this village was now his property and he knew that. It was now down to him to keep it like always, of course he knew that would not be an easy task. The two of them waiting in the darkness preparing themselves for what would come.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
By the time the group would have moved across to the location where the enemy was located. He had slipped away in darkness, escaped into the night and had managed to get away with the massacre that he had started. It was clear that he would appear at a later day and would be willing to continue his work. Himself and the pet snake that did his bidding had managed to slink away into the darkness and out for the night, the bones and the empty village the only reminder of what had transpired in this place.

“It looks like the task here is done, you two may return to the village and make sure that you serve the village to the best of your abilities. I want you to know that you two have done well, please go home and make sure that you rest well your task here is done the rest of us will now continue to make sure we follow out our work as soon as possible.”

Sera turned away from the students and walked off she seemed to make sure that the two students were ok with the mission, of course now they had finished the task it was clear that they had nothing to do that they knew about. Sara turned back on her heels one last time and looked to both.

“Your promotions have been granted for your efforts in this matter, consider yourselves Gennin of leaf”

With that Sera disappeared instantly from the site she was at, leaving a dust kicking up in the back ground in that split second without saying another word to either of them.

[Topic Left]

OOC:
--- Mission has been failed by Modderator
--- Please request failed rewards of 3,000 Yen and 27 ASP
--- Please leave topic at your own accord

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back