Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head [Contract Search]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking up at this downpour, Kiri squints his eyes as he lifts a hand to shade his eyes from the water. Wet fringes draping along his face, clothes clinging onto skin. It almost seemed like his a drenched lost puppy, stuck in the middle of the long forest path, waiting for someone to pick him up. With his backpack slung with one strap on one shoulder, silently standing underneath a tree hoping to get some break from the rain but failing. Now if only he had a giant lily pad he could use as an umbrella, things would be a lot better.

He wasn’t in the deeper, thicker part of the forest so he could still see a bit of the sky through the breaks along the canopies of trees, yet no signs of stopping, just an endless downpour. It was so strange and new, especially when such a thing would only be brief back in Kumogakure, that for a moment, he thought of the possibility of this forest being flooded. Ah, but it was only normal for forests to have heavy rains. For the moisture and the water all absorbed by the trees and the soil, would undergo evapotranspiration and return to the sky, forming the clouds all bulky and wet just above, right until it was ready to come back down. At least he could still remember a bit of simple science classes he may have unfortunately slept on during the academy.

Then, there was a sudden rustle of the leaves about him and he glanced from side to side. His eye would sharpen and his free hand would lower from shielding his head from the downpour until fingers touched the pommel of his sword. He was now used to the fact that creatures seemingly unique to this country were always on the prowl, and he wondered if he would meet with one again. Not that it mattered, because he was ready for anything.

But time would pass and he would ease up. Nothing seemed to want to alarm him, let alone hurt him. So he thought it was probably another who was trying to get away from the rain. Even creatures would want some respite from this. Perhaps, in a different life, he would run around in glee, happy at the sensation of the cooling water on his skin, but at the moment, he simply felt so wet it was stupid.

Sighing, he glanced back at his backpack and hoped the book that Osu gave him was spared from this. He made sure to wrap it with layers of leather some of his clothes the night before. He already had a quick scare the day before when he almost spilled blood on it while he was carrying some fresh meat he hunted. Never again. He had decided that it was best to prepare and cook whatever hunt he catches than to portions and reserve for later. Though the latter would save him from potentially wasting energy, but he’d rather not get both stain and odour lingering in his bag. Besides, the book was rather important, half made of Osu’s personal notes of medical things, another portion was left blank for Kiri’s own memos, and of course, that treasured picture of his mentor’s family that he promised to return to.

A gentle breeze blow against his cheek, swaying the rainfall like someone had decided to splash water on him. He takes off his glasses and wipes his face with the back of his hand before folding the lenses and placing them in a compartment of his backpack. Nature wasn’t really cooperating with him. So he gave the breeze a snobbish look, adjusted the backpack on his shoulder and leaned against the tree. Even if the tree could not completely shade him from the rain, at least there was a momentary break every now and then. Glancing down on his boots, he watches the nurtured soil, wondering how the forest must be so welcoming of this downpour while he was being so daft.

So for the time being, he’ll just let go of any irritated feeling, trying to appreciate this little wonder that the world has to offer– even he wished the rain would let up… even just a little. A low hum escapes from him as he tries to sing that song of the rain he once learned.

WC: 730

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A slug... trotting... slimey... wet... rain... a trail of slime glittering... heavy heavy rain drops... elevator music.

The forest of lively oak trees, tall as the skies so they seemed. Each tree a home to over hundred critters giving a two Shinobi a years worth of healthy and fresh oxygen to breathe. The forest was thick and cluttered with creatures and natures, bushes of many, trees of plenty. And here this little slug, white with deep blue streaks, or was it the other way?

Trotting... trails from the grassbed... across trees... dripping from leaves onto the thirsty soil... drenched soil... mud...

The forest needed its nourishment and the heavy clouds full of moisture needed to relieve themselves before falling onto the earth. This little slug kept trudging forth. Over and under bushes. Around trees, she sang to herself. She possessed no mouth. No ears. No hands. No legs. No feet. No arms. Just... a round slithering body.

She left a healing cream secreting from her body trailing her path in case any injured plant or animal would be healed just a bit if they came across this trail. She was on a leave which gave out at the branch. She fell...

Falling... the slug... wet... flopping... plop!

She landed smack dab on the forehead of this young man, she slowly slid down to side of his face to his shoulder and sat there. She had these tubes extending from her head complete with two little round eye balls that could retract and extend on call. They were extremely short at first, blinking, her eyes close to her round body and slowly began to extend and separate examining the boy. She spoke telepathically to his brain, it would sound as if he was talking to himself, in another voice.

"Sorry young man! You broke my fall!

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sound of the pitter-patter rain was growing on him and Kiri would have no qualms falling asleep while standing if he could. It was just soothing and he felt like forest was somehow rejuvenating him in its mysterious ways. As such, he would close his eyes for a bit, allowing himself to be deeply drawn by the natural sounds of nature.

This, however, would be abruptly interrupted by a splashing, flopping sound and sensation on his head that he immediately opened his eyes in shock and turned from side to side to see anything amiss. He had once experienced getting a smack straight to his head one night when an injured bird had flown too low and hit a branch and then crashed into him. That particular incident almost felt like getting hit by a strong fist without any defenses. So it was quite forgivable when Kiri was startled and in alert of any fallen creature once more, and somehow determined that his luck when sleepy has to do with attracting strange critters hitting his head.

Just then, it dawned to him that something was sliding along his cheeks and if anything, his head was suddenly locked in place with his eyes moving to glance the side. And at that point, he saw two small stick-like appendages with blinking eyes. Had he been not a shinobi, Kiri would have fainted in shock.

Instead, he took a few seconds to comprehend the situation before he reached out his hand to hold the slug in front of him. With the voice ringing in his head, Kiri got curious. After all, it has always just been his brother's voice that has heard all his life. This strange phenomena was very curious.

"It's alright. I seem to have the luck to break falls lately with the use of my head," answered Kiri before he began to study the slug. "Are you alright?"

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The slug was taken into the hands of the young man. Most would have seemed more startled at such an appearance with telepathic ways of communicating. This young man sounded almost comfortable speaking with the slug, and even welcoming of being the pillow to her own fall. If the slug had lips she would have smiled bright and vividly.

Instead, her eyes would continue to stretch and twist their way around the young man for a better view. When she would breathe in his hand it could be felt like a slimey slither. She was eerily calm with the boy, as he was with her. So lost in thought, she forgot to respond to the boy.

"Oh y-yes I am good sir. I was just... on my way home to the forest."

The slugs eyes finally retracted to a normal length, blinking slowly. She presumed the young man to be a Shinobi, something of worth, depending on where his heart would lie. This break was needed for her, she had been trotting along for non stop until her incident just now. He was the first life form she encountered since her return to Shikkotsu forest. Her beady rounded eyes narrowed and grew closer to her chubby center.

Are you lost?"

A rather simple question. But a quick examination of the boy lead her to believe he was here for quite some time. She had been coming from the opposite direction and really didn't encounter much. She couldn't figure what he could be waiting on, if he truly was or too reserved to admit so. She tried to empathize with him once more.

"Are you... alone?"

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a long pause after he asked that. For a moment, Kiri thought that he may have done something wrong. He thought back and was certain he didn’t let his demonic aura seep out and create any unwanted pressure to harm the slug. He was also certain he was holding it as gently as he could. But then he noticed how the eyes were stretching a bit more and seemingly observing him, and it was there that he realised what was going on. He immediately blushed and glanced away for a moment, a little embarrassed at being looked at, even if it was an animal. Talk about losing one’s composure… and he could also hear his beast’s laugh inside his heart at his reaction.

Finally, the slug would reply though, and Kiri was glad because he thought he may have had imagine everything. He felt a slimy texture against his palm but he didn’t mind. Eyes set back and facing the slug, Kiri would listen to it. “Home?” he repeated the word and then looked up onto the canopy of trees. Of course, this was where the slug resided so it was only natural for it traveling about, even in this rain. And as the slug’s eyes would retract, further until it was closer to the centre of its body, Kiri somehow found it cute.

Strange as it was, Kiri had always thought of animals as rather special. Even if some were deadly and best to be dealt with by blades, there were those he appreciated for their humble appearance. This slug was just interesting, and while he was also tempted to try and mold it (which would have been just rude), he raised his other hand and acted like a small umbrella for the slug so that the raindrops wouldn’t fall on it directly.

“I’m lost? Well… I’m always lost if I think about it,” he would answer honestly, before titling his head as if in thinking, “But this place is also familiar. I think I’ve been here before when I was younger.” Then, the next question was rather intriguing. “Why do you ask?” replied Kiri before he chuckled and added, “I’m never alone. Most of the creatures I’ve met in this forest could feel it too. I wonder if you could.”

So he placed the slug close to his chest, not pressing but close enough against his shirt. It wasn’t the heartbeat that he wanted the other to hear, but the presence of the beast inside. “My brother still has memories of the forests of Fire Country, so he’s helping me on my way here. Today, however, I decided I should try and figure out myself, but the rain started and doesn’t seem to be planning to let up.”

Then, he would look down at the slug again and ask, “What about you? Are you in a hurry somewhere? Maybe I can take you there? It beats having to stand under the rain all daylong.”

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The slug noticed the young man's flushed red face and chuckled, it would be audible to Kiri as well. Kiri seemed to be in thought while the slug relaxed. He repeated the words home, the slug wiggled with an empathetic enthusiasm. She he too missed home, and wanted to get back to his siblings. His eyes still shrunk to his body and blinking heavily until the boy raised a hand to shield the slug. Slowly, his eyes extended observing the hand above him.

The slug could feel, well it felt like two chakras, pushing and pulling at each other like the tides of the ocean. They worked magnetically with and against each other, like the earth and the moon in orbit. His eyes continued to extend to a normal length, having finally warmed up to the young man.

He claimed to always be lost, yet, familiarized with the area set before him. The slug giggled again, having a thought as to why this predicament was burdening the boy. The young man added that he was never alone, seconding the thought by the slug earlier from the young adult's mixed energies. The boy pulled the slug into his torso, with a sixth sense he felt the high amounts of chakra resonating within him. He didn't want to jump to any conclusions of what it was, but he had several ideas.

Finally the boy inquired the slug's destination and if he would need assistance. The slugs eyes retracted once more slightly. They then separated slightly observing the boy once more. He would reply.

"Where I go... Only other slugs, or allies are allowed. You are an interesting young man, that you are. If you truly wish to come with me you will have to embark on a new journey. A-a life long journey. Do you understand?"

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was strange when he heard the giggle in his head, which was probably prompted Kiri to look back at the slug. Stranger, though, was when he thought he could feel the little guy’s excitement or at least, happiness, at the spoken word ‘home’, so he, too, smiled. He supposed for those who knew of fond memories of home, it would definitely bring about a positive reaction. Which is why he could only deduce that this little guy was really wanting to go home now.

And as he would ask where the slug was heading off that he may help it, the little fella suddenly replied with a cryptic statement. For a moment, Kiri regarded the words and he could only answer as honestly as he could. “Well, life itself is a journey and there’s really only one way to move and that is to go forward,” he said while looking at the slug. Just then, it dawned in him that the slug’s words were more than simple conversation material. The fierceness, and the adamant resolution in his tone and words about the secretive place this ‘home’ was found, where only allies and his other slug brothers were found, made it all the more mysterious and curious.

Ah, but Kiri had been there before– in the crossroad of curiosity where he would choose one path and know that he would not be able to go back just easily. It felt like this very moment.

“I don’t mind. You seem rather depressed lately but your interactions with the animals here in Leaf seemed to have changed you. And perhaps you’re getting bored of just my voice in your head,” said the beast in his heart. Kiri simply smiled, knowing that the beast would understand that that was entirely not the case. “But I’m warning you, remember that each choice you’ll make, ever since you left that cell, will be something you have to take responsibility for.”

Nodding lightly, both to his beast brother’s warning and to the slug’s invitation, Kiri would reply, “I understand. I’ll definitely take it seriously. I just hope you won’t mind a troublemaker. I often bring along some great misunderstandings. But if you can put up with me, you’ll definitely not regret it.”

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Patience is a virtue boy, remember that. Now, we must travel to the deepest depths of the forest. The journey could be perilous. I came here from the tree tops, but the heavy rain is weakening the trees at the moment, plus... I almost out of chakra after my journey. I will need your help young man."

What she briefly described as home was the Shikkotsu Forest, home of Sakuna, the slug overlord. The slug could have been heard heaving at the end of her sentences, physically displaying her said fatigue. Konoha's forest was host to many critters and creatures of all sizes, as well as the trees which some had their own Chakra signatures symbolizing a live plant.

Kiri would have to choose the path, below where it would be more easier for him to walk but encounter the forests worst, or above the tree tops, cautiously with possibly less encounters, yet a more difficult travel. The slug herself had to duel with a few beasts on her way here, using up more precious chakra to heal herself with o continue.

The slug would wiggle out the boy's hands and for a slug she moved pretty quick though it was still a rather slow slither. Down his forearm and up his arm to his shoulder is where the slug would finally plop. He would be his guide, his eyes to the journey unknown, for him. The slug had finally caught its breath, lastly introducing himself.

"The oath of Sakura is a life long commitment to protect. At all costs, and this spiritual journey must come before all else in life. Or else, Sakuna will revoke our alliance with you, if ever you get that far. I am called Moro. We are called to be first responders, medics of combat and undeniable selflessness. Let us begin young man, I will be the judge of your heart and commitment until we reach Shikkotsu Forest."

Whatever choice the boy would make, Moro would begin to guide him on directions. He would also give warnings simultaneously watching out himself with his extending eyes. Shikkotsu was still some ways away, but depending on this Shinobi's speed it wouldn't matter so, hopefully.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri smiled listening to the slug’s little lecture. It felt like an old soul scolding him in a good way. For a moment, Kiri wondered if this would have been what it was like if someone was there to formally guide him as he grew up. Not that his beast brother wasn’t much of a help, but he must admit that the curse of the beast of ruin have corrupted his brother’s soul and growing up with such a malicious soul inside was difficult, especially those times when he would be tempted to commit such brutality. But recently, he had been making some progress and perhaps his own ability to control the beast was helping his brother’s soul fend off the corruption of their clan’s curse.

Despite the slug’s attempt to sound strong, Kiri would still notice the latter’s longer breaths and his movement. Indeed, he could feel the strong force within the slug– its own chakra signature– but it was waning, and Kiri was a bit worried, so when it perched itself on his shoulder, he was halfbit tempted to hold it once more, but decided not to. Instead, he would say, “That works for me, Moro. I’m a mednin… well, about to be one… So if you’ll allow me…” he then quickly raised a hand towards the slug and sent a brief but gentle concentration of chakra to the slug. It may not be at par with the medical skills of the slug, but at least it would let the slug rest easy for a bit, take a moment’s rest from self-recovering by having a lingering aid in the form of a persistent chakra trying its best to aid it.

And when that was done, Kiri would add, “Nice to meet you, Moro. My name is Kiri. I’m from Kumogakure.” There was a bit of pride in his tone, something that had changed lately. Perhaps it was because he had finally come into terms about his so-called home. Without further ado, he would begin their journey, slinging on the strap of the backpack on his other free shoulder and walking along the forest path. Though the treetops would have given quite the favorable vantage point, it was this side of Kiri– his confidence of the land– that made him choose the ground.

And just to make sure, he cast upon a quick hand gesture as he was on full alert, the tiniest stirring in his heart from his beast, and there was a humming of faint chakra that enveloped him. His control of gravity jutsu lately was improving and this chakra armour would make his movements far easier, and since Moro was on his shoulder, so too would the slug feel less strained by the natural gravity of the land, though it would still be able to perch on him perfectly well.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The slug was propped on the shoulder of the young man, feeling almost light as a feather. The boy introduced himself as a medical ninja, in training. Moro thought this to be rather convenient, or maybe just, meant to be. Without another word the young man began to funnel a healing and revitalizing chakra into the slug. This sudden surge of energy made the the young mollusk feel, refreshed. Moro was able to breathe a little easier, at least he knew he wouldn't have to expend so much energy healing the boy, if anything happened. Plus, Moro's own chakra source was fading slowly.

After he was done, Kiri gave his name. If the slug had lips, he would smile. Kiri's chakra source activated with a hum, and there was a distortion around them, it made the slug feel even lighter. Moro's eyes searched around and could see the faint vibrations of chakra manipulating the gravity around them. Moro buzzed in thought, attempting to figure this out without question. Moro deducted that Kiri was utilizing an advanced element, yet again impressing the young slug, who felt safe on the boy's shoulder.

"Our Journey will be perilous. There are many inhabitants of the forest. Tread carefully young Shinobi."

This beginning part of he journey would have been easy. Moro only needed to spot a certain tree, marked to look like a scar but actually a wide open message pointing to Shikottsu Forest, for those who knew at least. Kiri's struggles would have been to stay on his feet and not to trip on anything or step into a hunter's trap. Moro's sixth sense hadn't picked up on any foreign chakras so for now it appeared to be safe. This still did not stop he slug from searching to and fro with his extending eyes. Being off guard earlier lead him to be in this state he is now, so Moro had to keep his head on a swivel.

Birds would frolic and fly away as the duo crew closer, grazing and feeding animals would scurry as well. Nothing seemed out of ordinary. Moro sunk himself lower onto Kiri's shoulder.

"As a mednin, you also had to take an oath I presume? Our oath is similar. As allies, we are to spare ourselves and put the lives of everyone else before your own. We are medics, the life line within our veins. Are you sure, you can commit to dying to yourself to help the lives of others?"

Moro would explain he situation deeper. Moro himself had met a few people who have forsaken their covenant and thus removed from Shikottsu Forest and expelled from the contract and pact they made. Some even suffered dyer consequences from heir actions and disloyalty to the great Sakuna. Moro wiggled his eyes reminiscing on the matter. He hoped Kiri would be willing to die at all times for others. Maybe, like how Moro was now.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri waited for a moment for Moro to seem at ease with his release of chakra before he began to walk into the forest path. To tell the truth, there is no forest path for this was one of those path less taken. Instead, the denser forest with trees growing closer to each other than normal, and lichen splayed everywhere, it was like an adventure waiting to happen. And with Moro's warning, Kiri would assure the slug that he would be alright.

To tell the truth, Kiri was a bit worried as the slug was in constant alert, head swaying and eyes probing like beacons. He hoped the little fella (though probably far older than him) would not over exert himself. And so their search for the marked tree began and Kiri would take heed in the advise to keep a low profile. While the footing in this area seemed a little problematic, thanks to his anti-gravity jutsu, he would keep himself steady enough and make sure not to dislodge the slug at any cost.

"To be honest, I've yet to actually take the exam. But formalities aside, yes, I'm aware of the oath and everyday I say it in my heart to guide my way," answered Kiri. "I wasn't exactly the perfect candidate, you see. I often end up hurting others. But I've always wanted to protect them so I've been trying my best to learn control and when I got the chance to study medical jutsu under a kind mentor, I sort of knew that this was my destiny." Then he got silent as he would express his much deeper thoughts. "Honestly, while I made a promise to live in order to protect those I cherish, I'm quite conflicted because my instincts and perhaps my pride would always get the better of me. Death is better than shame for my village, is what I have believed, and so for the sake of those I cherish, I cannot help but to always think of being the vanguard, to keep them safe and to die for them. I know it's a confusing answer, but that's really what I believe in."

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed for this time, Kiri's abilities would guide them through the forest without danger. Moro was pleased to have no encounters or a slip to stall their pathway. Yet the slug was still very attune to vibrations, attempting to sense anything before hand. This sort of anti gravity movement was almost a genius way of motion through the entangled nature of their surroundings. Each step was accounted for and careful, maybe Moro could rest easy with this talented Shinobi.

Through the trees and bushes and tall grass they would come by a tree. It had an ancient marking on it, to most humans it would be indescribable, and difficult to articulate into modern language. This was the writing of the slug overlord, a symbol that slug medic would understand immediately. Moro jumped at the sight of this, pointing with his eye stocks.

"That way young Shinobi! Sharp right!"

As the journey continued, Moro was quiet until he Shinobi broke the silence and spoke up. He revealed more information about himself, Moro noticed the young man's gentle heart and if he had the lips too, he'd be seen smiling. Supposedly the man was still a medical ninja in training, yet to take his exam and fully prove his worth and commitment. Although, if was willing to undergo that process, Moro had no doubt he could be potential student of Sakuna too.

"I see young man. The ones above have adorned you with a kind heart, I can see that. Don't forget, focus, our pathway is perilous still."

Another warning from Moro sent chills down his squishy vertebrae, which he didn't have. Kiri explained his oath to protect the things close to him, even though he also added it was a struggle. Moro deducted that maybe it was because of the intertwining chakra within him. Maybe the child was possessed, or in possession of something else. Should Moro have been worried? Of course, but he would let that thought slide in order to keep a clean slate with Kiri until the time to prove himself would be of the essence.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He spared a moment to glance at the slug when he had ended speaking, feeling a little glad that there was someone he could talk to about these things. “Thanks. It’s not everyday I meet someone I could talk to about these things,” he would whisper before focusing on ahead. The journey into the forest was rather silent and eerie, but Kiri didn’t mind. He trusted Moro’s directions. And when they seemed to have reached a large three with a weird design, probably an abnormal growth of lichen on its bark that formed illegible words to him, Moro would seem to understand on the other hand. So the slug quickly gave an immediate response and Kiri would follow suit.

Moving forward and taking a sharp right as instructed, Kiri would keep his wits about him. He let his senses take in full effect, deciphering the deafening silence that surrounded them, every movement of the leaves on the canopies of trees, and every step that he took that planted his footprint in the forest floor, or when he glided in the air for a bit longer thanks to his anti-gravity jutsu. He may have been someone who always seems to press forward, but he was not as reckless as he was years ago. And entrusted by this slug, he would do so with much fervor.

Breezing past the new path where hedges were overgrown and the trees were far larger than before, denser and more imposing, the young shinobi would make sure that he was ready to move towards his sword should there be a need. He had, after all, heard from some gossips in the outlying towns that the deeper parts of the forest were still unexplored.

WC: 288
[MFT]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The rainfall became a heavy downpour. Kiri followed directions easily, turning right, Moro's eyes searched to and fro. Moro wondered where everything was at, it seemed oddly strange not a single encounter occurred since meeting up with the boy. Could it be the forest itself even feared the chakra inside the boy? Still, Moro couldn't even tell what resonated inside the young man, nor did Kiri really say. Through the compressed forest, they journeyed on, every step by Kiri was precise and done safely. If Moro could smile, it would be seen as he thought of Kiri's capabilities. Careful as ever, as medical
Ninja should be.

Moro was thanked for giving an easy ear to talk to. Moro never minded a conversation, besides, he needed this one just as much as Kiri did. The heavy downpour became an ominous sky of thick dark grey clouds. They rumbled, sounding as if the God's were starving. The dark sky cackled once more, even sparkling with a light blue and violet tint. A thunder storm was brewing, so it sounded. Moro gulped loudly.

"Kiri, these are roads unknown to man. Together we should be okay, I suggest remaining in stealth. We are prey in this part of the forest."

They were already being watched be many sets of eyes. In fact, they've been watched, and followed. At this time, even surrounded, but by what? Only time could tell if the creatures hidden in the leaves would reveal themselves. A shudder went down Moro's back, not from the cold, but just a feeling.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Soon, the rain would fall much harder. Kiri couldn’t tell if this was a natural phenomenon anymore, or if the strange atmosphere in the forest was caused by an unusual activity. He simply knew that he must be ready and on alert for anything to happen. Sometimes looking back at Moro, Kiri hoped that the slug was alright, though he got a bit concerned when he heard the slug gulp at the sound of thunder. At that, he unconsciously raised his hand to pat the slug on the head, no words needed before he proceeded.

Nodding at the other’s suggestion, Kiri would let swift surge of his chakra that envelops his body. Then, suddenly releasing it, he would step into the shadows and be cloaked further, the veil of darkness making his form unknown to unsuspecting living beings in the area. He was no master of the ANBU’s Active Camo, but it always helped him when he needed it.

Moving further ahead as instructed, Kiri could tell that the chakra in the forest was getting denser. It was almost as if they were everywhere, but that was to be expected if one were to go into another’s territory– he thought. Nevertheless, he was confident in his ability and that should needed by, he would defend Moro to the best of his capabilities until they reach their goal. A grin on his face, and he whispered back to the slug, “I’ve always been on the hunt and never the prey. If so, then this could be exciting. Don’t worry, I’m here.” He gave the slug a light poke on the head, like a pat if Moro was human, then proceeded.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Slithering, stalking, watching, hiding in the darkness... A giant snake. Preying upon the slug it unfortunately let slip away earlier. The snake's slit iris glinted in the moonlight luminously. A shining mirror if you would, and Moro's searching eyes caught glimpse of the shimmering light behind the shrouds of darkness. His eyes sunk into his body. She shrieked telepathically to Kiri.

"We've been caught! Be in your guard young man!"

Moro was an older slug, his combat days were besetting his age. He couldn't quite pinpoint the location of the snake in stealth being able to only spot him for a second before losing sight of it. The snake continued to slither in darkness growing closer and closer with each passing moment. It was a quiet slither, and his dark scales blended in well with the forest environment. If Kiri would notice the scattering critters maybe he could pick up on the oncoming snake.

Delving deeper into the forest would mean there was other predators as well. There were more sets of eyes lying await, watching the two dive into their journey. They even watched the snake, who in the process of chasing the slug stepped out of his own boundaries even, and would also soon become prey.

"Stay diligent! They are upon us!"

Not just a snake, but a mongoose tailing the snake was in the vicinity. Along with a large wild cat, with the appearance of a panther. Each were stalking different targets, it was looking to soon be a battle royale to commence. Moro's chakra sense picked up on the others and he shuttered. It wasn't out of fear, he wiggled resonate his chakras and get them started up like gears on a clock tower. Acid was building in his stomach as he prepped himself.

First the large snake popped its ugly head from out the showers towering over the two seeking to wrap them up and bind them! That's when the mongoose jumped from its position against the snake, simultaneously the panther attacked the mongoose. Moro spewed an acidic fluid from his mouth against the panther who suffered a decent burn on his side but still tackled the mongoose mid air. Leaving the snake it's freedom to grasp Kiri and Moro.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Things were going fine so far– that was how Kiri thought as they continued towards their destination. He was on guard, but he also trusted Moro’s judgment. Just then, he would feel and hear the slug’s cry, prompting Kiri to glance towards Moro. Without so much of a warning, a giant snake appeared in front of them, prompting Kiri to a sudden stop. At that point, two more animals came out from the shadows and were midair for a strike. Moro’s quick action to spray acid seemed to have work, causing the mongoose and the panther to collide, but that brought the snake clear view of them.

With its slithering tail quick to attempt in grabbing hold of the shinobi, Kiri countered with a sudden invocation of a jutsu. His training has seemingly shown itself as he did not need to use any handseals, simply pouring out chakra as he willed it, and from the ground rose a firewall. It was, however, unlike normal fires, for it was black and burned an eerily dangerous light. It was controlled, simply forming to make a wall that blocked the snake’s initial strike, and not to run wild and cause a forest fire.

That would buy Kiri a split moment to take a few steps back before he dropped on one knee and sent his chakra-infused shadow swirling from him, scaling the trees and attempting to catch the snake. Should he succeed, he would quickly gain control of the snake’s movements, halting it and causing damage with a twisting movement.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The mongoose dueled with a hurt and burned panther where he almost lost his life, had he not played it smart. Being a tiny stature in comparison to the big cat the mongoose used agility to evade the cat, and hide within tall grass. The mongoose was now hurt too, and anxious to get its prey, the snake, much like the panther was anticipating the mongoose.

Kiri casted clever jutsu, a barrier to repel the snake. Kiri did so almost reflexively, truly buying the two enough time for a second thought. The snake still did not falter and gave it's all, thrusting through the barrier but not unscathed, in fact, the snake was a bit battered but still full of energy. Still lunging toward the two he was stopped dead in his tracks, as if possessed. As much as the snake forced his body to move all he could do was struggle into he felt a grasping suffocation subdue him.

Moro watched as Kiri manipulated the shadows with his chakras. A Nara family ability for sure. Moro meanwhile would begin to spew bits of inflammatory acids before them, so that anything that would come into physical contact would be burned.

"Clever move young one, let us-"

He was cut short due to the mongoose and panther coming back into play. The mongoose was dodging an attempt from the panther who struck the snake. The mongoose again dove into stealth, burrowed beneath the floor slightly and devised a trap. The panther recovered from its lost of balance and shook it off. But it was too late, the bind would have been broken and the mongoose would attack. The snake belches a cry, wrapped up the goose and almost crushed him, had it not been more people.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back