Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Raining Steel [Open]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While Bruinetto should have corrected Midori on her using the honorific of -kun in the classroom setting in the end he guessed that it did not matter all that much. In all reality Bruinetto was not all that much older than many of the students who were taking this current class. In fact he was the youngest teacher at the academy. He really wasn't all that strict like some of the other teachers but that may have just been because of the difference in age. For now he was going to let it go. With the attention of these two students some of the other ones started to wonder about which of these targets were considered the hardest. The lot of them focused their attention on their sensei as he headed over towards the middle of the assortment of targets. Turning around Bruinetto would face the class and would address them all.

"Now you may not be able to see it, but behind this stationary target there is yet another one hidden behind it. What I have set up here, is something you may consider a trick shot. Some projectiles will be easier to make this shot. A shuriken in example can be curved in an arc when thrown so hitting around one target to hit another one wouldn't be so hard. However with projectiles like senbon and kunai it will be much harder to pull off. I will show you how to perform both shots. Once with a shuriken and a second time with a kunai."
Pulling out a shuriken from his holster he would hold his arm off to the side. Instead of going for an overhead shot like he normally would he swung his arm perpendicularly to the ground and flicked his wrist near the end of his swing. With the release of shuriken it was launched off into an arc. Spiraling through the air shuriken would curve around the first target and strike the center of the target waiting behind of it. Now with one way shown he would follow up with the second method. Taking out a kunai with each hand he would stare on as if he could see through the first target. Pulling back his right arm he would fling one kunai up through the air. It went off into the air in a diagonal at a relatively slow pace. While it flew through the air they would more than likely wonder how that was suppose to hit the target. Quickly in a flash however he would swing his other arm forward and release the other kunai. This kunai was flying much faster than the original and went on a collision course with the slower moving kunai. After the two collided the faster one deflected off the other and its trajectory was altered and would hit the hidden target. With that he turned around and looked back to the class. "I hardly expect any of you to make this on your first try. If you do not make it, do not be discouraged. This is an advanced shot and takes a lot of practice."

Nozumi Kano

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kano gave smile to Midori as he followed their teacher too one set of targets, and watched him demonstrate the nuances of the shot they needed to take. He would stay in the back letting the other kids take their shots while he studied their mistakes, but he wasn't going to take his own shot until he knew for certain that he had a good chance of hitting the target. Kano would take a step back and box before Midori. "I hear it is proper manner to allow the lady the pleasure of the first shot, so I shall be gracious and allow you too take the first shot." He stepped away allowing her too step forward. His arms were crossed as he examined her form while she studied the target. "You going to study the target until class lets out, or are you going to take the shot already?" He chided.

Midori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Midori watched as Bruinetto performed what the task should look like. Midori already knew that she wouldn’t be able to get it on the first shot so she wasn’t going to stress over it. Midori tried to do the same thing as Bruinetto had showed her, but it was more challenging than it looked. It took Midori about 4 tries to actually get a rhythm down, and by the 6th try, Midori was able to flawlessly hit the target right smack on in the middle. It had taken her some extra tries to get it, but she felt really good about it. She looked over at Kano and smiled gently. “It's way harder than what it looks” she said as she took a step away from the target allowing Kano to try.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If there was one thing that Midori-chan was it seemed, it was persistent. She would continue to try time and time again to hit what he declared as the most difficult of the targets. Each time though she tried her attempts got better and better. Seems like she didn't take too much tries before she actually managed to hit the target. Now seeing as she hit it right dab in the middle, he was sure that she didn't exactly intend on that being her target. He wasn't going to say it was pure dumb luck as she did work for it. More than likely if she were to put a lot more practice into it she would be able to pull this off more skillfully and with greater accuracy and be able to put out the notion of luck. The girl seemed quite proud of herself and which she should be. Not everybody in this group was going to be able to make that shot within the first ten shots, some of them maybe not even in the first twenty five. It would be interesting to see how Kano-kun would be able to handle this shot. Looking down he grabbed his pocket watch to see that for the most part the lecture time was over.

“If you are satisfied with your results today then you are free to leave. Do remember to read the next section of my lecture notes before the next class. We will be going in depth about chakra control and the various forms of it. I will see you all then.” With those words said he had figured that neither Kano nor Midori would leave immediately. They had a bet they were trying to settle and he was curious to see which one of them would come out on top.

Nozumi Kano

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kano watched Midori try her hardest, and he watched her make mistake after mistake until she finally hit the secret target. Kano just gave a nod of his head as he bowed to her in respect. "You did really good in finally hitting that target, but I wonder if their is not another lesson that could not be learned from this." He said with a smile as he took out a kunai and just walked up too the target and just stabbed it with his kunai. "I'm sure from a score point of view this doesn't count at all, buuut I'm a shinobi, why wouldn't I cheat if I can?" Kano turned to face Midori a smirk on his face. "I think though this means you win." He scratched the back of his head as he approached her wondering what she had to say about it now.

Midori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Midori looked up at Kano bringing her hands to the back of her head resting against the back of her head. “Kano-kun…if there is only thing you learn about women…is that we hold grudges…and let me tell you if you piss off a women…we know how to make your lives horrible. Cheating is just the first step my friend” She smirked slightly as she would than turn her attention to Bruinetto having her eyes meet with his. “So…Bruin-kun, I think…it is only fair that you choose the winner, after all you have been watching us most of the time” She said winking at him.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Bruinetto could not help but smirk at Kano's approach to hit the final target. It was a bit of a rebellious move but all in all he was being a smart aleck. In response to this Midori would be asking Bruinetto who the winner of their little contest was. “Well, if your bet was who could hit more targets. Then in the end it would be a tie considering you two both hit the same amount of targets. However, in the end Kano did certainly play around with the rhetoric used to describe your bet. It is because of that that you two technically have tied in this bout. However, rhetoric aside this lesson was about hitting targets with projectiles and not utilizing the melee range. Something like that should have been assumed for this bet, otherwise you both could have done that from the beginning and there would have been no point to this bet based on skill. In terms of the conditions of the class, I would say Midori-chan wins. On the technical side though, it would be a tie. Kano has exhibited a rather useful wit when it comes to the langauge used with an “opponent”. Speech is a powerful tool for shinobi after all. So you two have something to be proud of in your own right.”

Bruinetto would notice that all of the other students had left the training range and it was now him and the two students left behind. “Hmm, I guess it is time to clean up the mess..” Pressing his hands together into a hand seal all of the scattered projectiles would burst into smoke and would be summoned back into the scrolls they came from. The scrolls rolling themselves back up an locking in place were ready to be collected. “If you could would you two help me gather them back up?”

Nozumi Kano

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kano was pretty sure he would have lost it by going into melee range like he had, but he was still acknowledged to have won certain aspects of their bet. "You see Mid. I won the part that truly matters thinking outside of the box and provoking you into missing a few times. I in the sense of this competition am the true winner." He said taking on a tone of fake smugness as he started pulling out the kunai from the target and setting them into a big pile. "Where do you want all of this stuff to go sensei?" Kano asked after picking up some of the weapons he had collected so far from the course. He would follow the instructions given too him by the teacher as he started putting them all back. "Sensei, I've got a question for you, if you are a teacher do you still go on missions and the like?"

Midori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Midori frowned slightly hearing Bruinetto's answer followed by Kano's comment. "You didn't win the whole thing...so it was a tie...jerk-face" she said as she began to collect the items that Bruinetto had asked them too. Most of the Students didn't seem interested in helping with the clean up, which was fine by her. At least with Kano's and Midori helping, they may get a few extra credits and be seen as good students. Midori had over heard the question Kano had asked and already figured out that most people still did missions, regardless. At least Kagai was always out doing missions as well as being Anbu. But Midori would remain silent as she listened to the answer. After all Midori honestly thought she would be able to learn a lot from Bruinetto.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was good to see some incentive out of Kano and Midori as the two of them responded positively to his request. These two show much prowess not only because of their individual talents but they way they played off of one another. “Thank you two for gathering those scrolls for me. You can just leave the scrolls there. I actually brought my own tools for this exercise. I haven't use many of them in awhile so I figured I could force them into a lesson somehow.”

Bringing a hand up to his chin after Kano prompted him with a question while he knew the answer it has occurred to him that he has not been on a mission for quite a long time. In fact it has been rare for him to go outside of the village even anymore. How long has he been cooping himself up in this place nestling in the comforts of his obsessive research? “I can still go on missions but since I started teaching I haven't taken many opportunities to undergo them. To be honest I have been kind of lucky and not picked specifically for any missions.” Little did he know there were cogs in the machine which would be attempting to change that luck in the future.

“You two did really great today. In fact I would like to train with you two again another time. I'll have to think up of something interesting for the occasion. In fact there now that I think about I have something special I have been wanting to test out.” A smirk came to his face with these words but it certainly wasn't menacing it clearly conveyed excitement for an "opportunity" to give his new project a test run. The exercise would also display more of their innate skills for him so he could make more specialized lessons in the future. Broad lessons were great for expanding the horizons of an up and coming shinobi but specialization has always been a key aspect in the curriculum for Sunagakure's military academy.

"I will be in contact with the two of you and we'll arrange something." In the back of his mind there was another promising student that stuck out. Perhaps he would try to wrangle him into the lesson as well. The boy was hard to motivate but given the right incentive there was a chance to light a fire in him. Little did he realize that it was the influence these students were having om him which was spurring him into doing something more than stay tucked away in his lab. After walking over to his scrolls a burst of smoke would envelope Bruinetto and his personal affects. After the smoke cleared there was nothing left but two cards that would flutter down to the ground. Inscribed on it was his home address in case they in turn wanted to seek him out as well.

[Topic left and class dimissed! I will edit this post with the results of my request to your rewards]

http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=41536#p41536

Just post here for your rewards. Each of you will receive 500 yen and +5 to any stat of your choosing.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back