Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Raman Shop (open)

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Nanashi200041-1_zpsb46746f5.jpg

Tsubaki Kazuma

Kazuma sits in at a Raman shop getting himself a bowl of noodles. Shimete dutifully stands behind him to his dismay. Kazuma pats the seat next to him. “Please sit down Shime-chan and order yourself a bowl.”

Shimete blushes at little being asked to dine with her master; such acts were forbidden. She shakes her head and tells him, “I’m sorry master that would be inappropriate.” If he wasn’t wearing a blindfold he would be giving her a disapproving look. He did not view her as a servant, but as a friend. They were only kids for pity’s sake; she was ten and him a year older. However she was strict to her duties and he would not force her. “Can I get you anything as you wait for you order Kazuma-sama?”

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru walked into the raman completely famished. She hadn't had eaten a thing the entire day. She took a seat next to a blindfolded boy, maybe a few years younger than herself. He was accompnied by a girl of a similar age. He was trying to get her to sit next to him. Kaoru looked at the sight showing a kind smile. "Well good afternoon" Kaoru greeted quietly "Looks like your little friend doesn't want to eat is something wrong?" Kaoru said facing the boy.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Oh it’s just a clan thing. You see I’m from the samurai clan Tsubaki and she is of the servant clan Nigiri.” A bowl of raman is placed in front of Kazuma and the place is filled with the smell of chicken broth. In truth Shimete hasn’t eaten in a while as well and her stomach growls loudly. Her face turns as red as her hair and hopes nobody heard it. No such luck. Kazuma sighs, takes the bowl and offers it to Shimete. “If you’re not going to sit with me at least eat. I can’t have you fainting from hunger on me.”

Shimete shamefully takes the bowl, but glad to have such a nice master. “Thank you Kazu-kun.” Kazuma gives a big grin for it is rarity for her to let her guard down. He always disliked how she called him master or Kazuma-sama. It was too formal for their relationship despite the clan’s views.

“Waiter I like another bowl and give the lady over here one too.” He orders. “By the way my name is Kazuma and my friend here is Shimete.” Shimete turns and bows with mouth full of noodles.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy named Kazuma kun described his relationship to the girl Shimete chan. Kaoru nodded "Ah I see that makes sense." Kaoru then turned to see the girl, she had her head down and audible growls could be heard from her stomach. Kazuma kun gave his bowl of ramen to her, and then ordered two more bowls, one for him and one for Kaoru. "O - Oh Thank you" she said when she received the food. It smelled delicious and made Kaoru's mouth water. She gave the waiter her money and proceeded to eating. Shimete chan had a similar response.

Kaoru gave a kind smile "Well its very nice to meet you, my name is Kaoru." Kaoru got another huge noodle into her mouth. She was hungrier than she had originally thought. The fourteen year old vigorously ate the bowl of ramen trying to keep her manners in check. "So Kazuma kun if you don't mind me asking, do you and Shimete chan spend a lot of time together? You seem rather close." Kaoru put down her chopsticks as she finished the meal.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
And with that question the guard goes right back up. Kazuma snicker for ‘close’ is an understatement; they may not be a couple, but they are rarely seen apart. Shimete answer for him after swallowing down a helping of food, “I am master’s personal servant. I do not leave his side unless commanded otherwise. We of the Nigiri clan have diligently served the Tsubaki’s for generations.” She speaks with great pride of her work even though she is pretty much a slave. “I live to protect and serve or at least I try.” She then looks down shamefully. She failed in her duties once and her master’s sight was the cost of her weakness.

Kazuma interprets her sad tone for a whole different reason. “Oh I don’t mind that you don’t know how to cook. Eating out is nice once in a while.” He then quickly changes the subject. “So Kaoru, have you ever been to the academy? I’m thinking of joining, but I would like to know what it is like first.”

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
" I- I see" Kaoru nodded as she heard Shimete chan's explanation. But then the girl lowered her head as if she was shamed about something. Kaoru turned toward the girl. She was about to ask what's wrong but her own shyness stopped her. She turned back to Kazuma kun. He said a remark that sounded a bit insulting to Kaoru, but Shimete chan seemed to take it with no objection.

Suddenly the boy turned to Kaoru and asked about the academy. Kaoru thought back to her days in the academy. They were not that long ago, yet the memories seemed so far away. "I have been to the academy" she began softly "I remember the classes being very informative and interesting. Sure some of the sensei are a little eccentric, but that makes them all the more interesting, right?" she said with a smile "Do both of you intend to attend the academy?" Kaoru asked in sincere curiosity.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Topic entered]

Masaru let out a short breath as he rested his head on his hand and chased the last few noodles around his bowl, after a fierce battle he caught them and slipped them into his mouth with a well earned sense of self satisfaction. It had been a long day filled with many monotonous tasks for Masaru, but he knew they were all things that needed to be done by someone and unfortunately at this stage that was him.

Masaru wasn’t alone in the ramen shop today, there were several other people enjoying their food and providing a nice ambient noise of background chatter. Leaning back in his seat Masaru stretched his arms above his head and let out a brief yawn ’I should probably try and fit some training in today at some point.’ He thought to himself as he fought back an even bigger yawn.

Suddenly a single word flew out of the background chatter and slapped Masaru straight in the face. ”Oh it’s just a clan thing. You see I’m from the samurai clan Tsubaki and she is of the servant clan Nigiri”. ’So he’s a samurai as well, I’ve never really bumped into one outside my own clan.’ Masaru thought to himself as he leant forwards over his bowl, clasping his hands together as he rested his elbows on the table. Masaru thought it strange that a samurai would have a servant, in his clan they considered themselves the servants, living to protect and serve the Raikage and his village, but he was curious to learn more about how the other clans lived.

It was quite out of character for Masaru to listen in on a conversation like this without making himself known but at this stage it just didn’t feel right to go barging into their conversation. He shifted in his seat slightly and adjusted his sword to a more comfortable position before signalling for another bowl and continuing to listen.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“As I Have stated before; I will stand by his side unless commanded otherwise. If master desires to become a shinobi I will be there to assist him in his endeavors.” It did not really answer her question but sounded like it was hinting to a no. “But master, won’t this academy get in the way of your training as a samurai?”

“Shimete, my clan moved to this land in order to better ourselves. That is what I am doing. With the knowledge of the shinobi arts I will become a stronger warrior.” Kazuma waited to see if she would call his bluff, but Shimete believed him. Kazuma bursts into a laugh, “Oh come now you know me better than that. I just want to become a shinobi because they’re cool. I want to learn how to walk on water and become invisible. It’s much cooler than the sword tricks my father teaches me.”

Shimete slams a hand down on the table. Even though he was her master, he was going too far. “Kazuma! You are of a proud and noble clan! You must respect and carry down the traditions of your clan!” She then takes a deep breath to calm herself down. “I apologize, master, for my outburst. The decision is yours and it is not my place to question your motives.” She will not stop him for he did had a point even though he did not meant it. This academy will make him a stronger fighter indeed and she will help him to that end.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shimete chan aswered first. She sounded a little against the idea of Kazuma kun attending the academy. Then Kazuma kun began to argue with Shimete chan. All of a sudden she slammed her palm onto the table. This made Kaoru jump as the young girl began to shout at Kazuma kun, and then immediately calming down and apologizing. Oh lord she really does care about him Kaoru thought to herself.

"Ahh I take it as a yes then? So Kazuma kun have you had a lot of training before hand?" Kaoru said quietly as she frantically attempted to change the topic. Just then she felt a presence coming from behind her. She took a glance behind her and saw a boy about the same age as her watching the trio with an interested look on his face.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Masaru listened, occasionally taking a mouthful of noodles, the conversation turned on to the future. The trio began to discuss the academy, the small red headed girl seemed very concerned that the academy would get in the way of her masters development as a samurai, Masaru smiled at the boys initial response to her concern, it was the kind of response that any samurai would give. Masaru’s smile quickly faded to a slight frown when the boy burst into laughter and explained his real reasoning.

’She’s very strong to be so readily loyal to someone like that.’<i></i> Masaru thought to himself as he turned back to his bowl and shovelled more noodles into his mouth, they didn’t stay there for very long however as a fierce bang caught him by surprise, propelling the noodles back into the bowl and leaving him coughing and spluttering for a moment. He turned his head back towards the group while wiping his mouth to see the red head girl recovering from her outburst and quickly apologising, ”Well she’s got a fiery streak it seems...”<i></i> He muttered to himself quietly.

The other girl in the trio then turned around, Masaru couldn’t look away in time and made eye contact, bringing his excuse for background listening to an end. He let out a brief sigh as he stood up, he didn’t like eavesdropping on people but this time he couldn’t help himself, ’Serves me right to get caught’<i></i> He thought as he smiled to himself.

As he approached the group Masaru wondered what the boys reaction would be to the red head’s outburst but before waiting to find out he addressed the whole group ”That’s quite a ruckus you’ve got going on over here,”<i></i> He said with a slight laugh ”Everything alright?”<i></i>

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kazuma stayed silent for he knew if he said anything smart, she would snap at him like an angry dog. Some man then asks about the yelling and he cringes for he knew what was going to happen next. “And you, you need to keep your nose out of others people’s business. Don’t you think I didn’t notice you over there listening. I am here to serve and protect my master and thus I keep my eyes open.” She did not take a single step away from her spot as to keep herself from physically attacking him.

“Nigiri Shimete!” Kazuma bellows. In an instant she stops her verbal attack against Masaru. “This man has done no harm to me or you. You are angry because of me and for that I am sorry.” He places his hand on hers that was still firmly pressed on the table. “Please question my motives. I am unfit to lead and thus I cherish your opinions. Do you believe it is a mistake to join the academy?”

She knew Kazuma was right that she was only taking out her anger on someone else, an innocent bystander. She felt ashamed of her actions. “No, I believe you were right that the academy will teach you what you need in order to a great warrior.” She then turns to the man and politely bows, “Please forgive my actions.”

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru caught the boy's glance, he then stood up with an embarrased look on his face. He walked over to the group asking about the noise. Kaoru was about to answer his queston when Shimete chan shouted at the stranger for watching. Then Kazuma kun intervened and asked Shimete chan her opinion, she quickly apologized to the boy. Oh my, this has turned into an interesting lunchKaoru thought with a sigh.

Kaoru stood up and faced the stranger "Good afternoon, I'm sorry if we disrupted your meal." Kaoru said in her usual shy manner. "Shimete chan here is just concerned for Kazuma kun" Kaoru fiddled with her fingers a little. She never really talked with a boy her own age, so she was nervous. She looked up and faced the boy with innocent eyes. "My name is Kaoru by the way." she said embarrased.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl’s outburst caught Masaru slightly by surprise; he knew that she was highly strung at this point but even so this was quite a reaction. Masaru looked the girl directly in the eye but before he could field a reply the girls master quickly interjected to defuse the situation. As the pair continued their brief exchange Masaru rested his left forearm on the pommel of his katana, not in a threatening way, it was just how he usually stood.

Once the discussion with her master had finished the girl turned and apologised to Masaru, ”Apology accepted, you were quite right to call me up on listening in...”<i></i> He replied as he nodded his head slightly in return, ”For that I also apologise, however I did have my reasons. Just as it is your duty to protect your master it is my duty to protect this village and its inhabitants.”<i></i> His eyes flicked up to the headband which sat on his forehead.

Next the other girl stood up, turned to Masaru and apologised. She spoke softly, her nervousness manifesting itself in her voice. Masaru was fairly adept at reading peoples uncertainties but it didn’t need an expert to see this girl was clearly uncomfortable with the situation. Masaru’s head turned to face Kaoru as she introduced herself, he closed his bold purple eyes as bowed his head slightly ”Nice to meet you Kaoru”<i></i> he said before raising his head again and introducing himself ”I am Miyamoto Masaru of the Nanjirou clan.”<i></i> He made sure his introduction was loud enough for everyone to hear but it was mainly aimed at Kaoru as she was speaking to him directly.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kazuma finished the noodles, now all that’s left was the broth. He takes the bowl with both hands and slowly begins to drink. Then the man mentions the name of his clan and he does a spit take. The unfortunate waiter gets sprayed with chicken broth. “Wait? You’re from the mother clan?” Kazuma then feels the need to explain himself for it was a very long time ago. “I am a part of the Tsubaki clan. The Tsubaki used to be of the Nanjirou, but we separated for some reason. But that was centuries ago. I doubt any of your family knows about us.”

“So does that make you a samurai?” Shimete asks. She was as knowledgeable of the Tsubaki clan as Kazuma. The name Nanjirou meant nothing to her. However she was curious of what the similarities and difference of these two clans could be. “What is your clan like? Do you have servants as well?”

Kazuma answers the last question for Masaru, “No I doubt they have servants. The reason the Tsubaki left the Nanjirou clan because they decided to become rounin, a samurai with no lord. They decided that they will be lords of their own, while still retaining the fighting style of the samurai.”

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy introduced himself as Miyamoto Masaru. His introduction was quite loud to the quiet girl. " Its very nice to meet you Miyamoto san" Kaoru said with a kind smile. All of a sudden Kaoru heard Kazuma kun spitting up the chicken broth. "O -Oh my Kazuma kun are you alright?" Kaoru turned to the blindfolded boy. Instead he turned to Miyamoto san an spout out something about mother clans and samurai and servants. The topic made Kaoru's head spin, she had no knowledge on the current subject. But by Shimete san's statement of him being a samurai. Kaoru gave a second look to the boy. He did look like a samurai, with his arm resting on a katana and all.

" A -Ah I see" she whispered to herself. Kaoru put her hands behind her back to hide her fidgeting hands. She had never been in a situation like this before. These people were from a totally different culture than herself. She was slightly curious about it though ,despite her awkward position in the conversation she continued to listen in.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masaru smiled back at Kaoru after their introductions, he could tell she felt uncomfortable, in battle that would be exactly the kind of opening which he would use to give him an edge over his opponent, but this wasn’t battle and so his companionate side kicked in to help her ease the feeling. Suddenly the sound of spraying broth and a disgruntled waiter turned both of their attentions to the other boy in the group, ’Mother clan?...’</COLOR><i></i> Masaru thought to himself as he tried to work out what the boy meant, then as he continued it started to make sense ”Interesting, I was aware that a few clans had separated themselves from us in the past but I never was told in any more detail than that.”<i></i>

Then the boy’s servant started asking questions, before Masaru could answer the Tsubaki explained it in a little more detail for her. ”Tsubaki-san is quite right, in our clan we are the servants. Everything we do is to serve Lord Raikage and the village.”<i></i> Masaru added as he briefly placed his hand on the seal on his chest. He heard Kaoru whispering quietly in the background and glanced over to see her looking even more uncomfortable than before, he paused for a moment before turning back to the other samurai, ”Tsubaki-san, I’d be interested in hearing a bit about your clan some time if you’d be willing to share, I’ve never encountered one of the few that split from us.”

He turned to each of the girls in turn, <COLOR color="purple">”What about you two? What are your clans like?”<i></i> he asked. He realised that the two samurai probably had a fair amount in common but was mindful that he didn’t really know anything about the two girls, he had been brought up with such a heavy focus on learning about his ancestors that he enjoyed hearing other peoples stories too, they made for interesting comparisons.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete smiles, “I am of a servant clan. We have served the Tsubaki clan for generations. What else is there to know?” She then takes a seat at the table and waves at the waiter. She orders a bowl of beef noodles. As she waits for her food however she sings a song. Shimete sings a lullaby her mother sang to her. In was in the language of her people long ago from a place deep in the valleys below these mountains. The tune seemed rather somber, dreamy; it was relaxing, but also somewhat depressing.

hahren na melana sahlin
emma ir abelas
souver'inan isala hamin
vhenan him dor'felas
in uthenera na revas

vir sulahn'nehn
vir dirthera
vir samahl la numin
vir 'lath sa'vunin'

She was playing with him a little game. The song would prove that her clan is much more than simple servants. She gave as much as she received, so if he wanted to know more of her clan he would have to reveal more about his own. A trade; Knowledge for knowledge.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miyamoto san briefly explained about his clan and then glanced over to Kaoru. The young girl looked away for a second then the boy asked about their clans. Shimete chan answered first by ordering a bowl of raman. This surprised to see this since the young girl had been so against it earlier that day. She started to sing a song. It was beautiful but to Kaoru it sounded despairing and laid a heavy weight somewhere deep inside her. It made Kaoru think of the bad things that had happened in her life, even though she couldn't understand the lyrics. Such a melancholy tune coming from such an innocent little girl Kaoru thought as Shimete chan finished her performance.

It was now Kaoru's turn to answer. She didn't know how to answer since she didn't have a clan or a family for that matter. She hesitated at first. "Umm w - well you see ..." she said quietly with her head down "I g - guess you can say that I don't really have a clan, not one that I know of anyways..." The topic had always been uncomfortable for the small girl to talk about, especially since her guardians had passed away. She looked up to Miyamoto san with her eyes watery. "T -The truth is that I'm an orphan, I was abandoned at birth. I'm sorry Miyamoto san, I guess there's really not much to tell you" the young shinobi finished a little louder. She was trying to look strong despite her being on the brink of tears. She gave a kind smile to the boy in the end.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Once again as Masaru’s eyes flicked over to Kaoru she turned away quickly, ’What is she so nervous about...’<i></i> He thought to himself before turning back to hear the red head’s response, ”You could at least tell me your clan’s name, that I know who I’m talking to.”<i></i> He replied as he shifted his weight onto his other foot. However it seemed like the girl wasn’t quite ready to cooperate yet and instead she started to sing a calming yet somewhat saddening song.

It seemed as though the whole group stayed silent until the girl finished her song, although he couldn’t understand the lyrics it still held a great deal of power, it was only when Kaoru started to answer his question that he left the little world that he’d found himself in and returned to the room. She was hesitant, stuttering and speaking very quietly, eventually she revealed that she was an orphan and had been abandoned at birth, the pain was evident as the girl struggled to hold in her emotions even while managing a smile. Masaru closed his eyes ”You have no reason to apologise, I’m sorry to hear that Kaoru-san.”<i></i> He said as he opened his eyes again, ”Let me share something my grandfather told me once, he said that everyone’s idea of clansmen is different, for some it means family, others it could be brothers in arms, and for some people it could simply be their friends. In the end a clan is just a place where you feel you belong.”<i></i> He smiled back at the girl ”My grandfather was a very wise man.”<i></i>

The group were all becoming slightly more acquainted with one another and so Masaru decide to share something else about his clan, he opened his mouth to speak about his parents but thinking back to the watery eyes which faced him a moment ago he decided to talk about a different topic, ”So as I arrived I heard talk of the academy, are any of you planning to enrol?”<i></i> He asked as he looked at each of them in turn.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
There was a reason she went to the table. She did not want them to see her eyes; the eyes that becomes watery as she sings her mother’s song. When the older girl told how she was abandon at birth she could not take it no more. Tears came rolling down her face. She turns around, jumps off her seat and hugs Kaoru. She hugs Kaoru waist tightly burying her face into Kaoru shirt bawling, “Mamae, Mamae emma ir abalas.” She repeats that line over and over again. Mother, mother I am filled with sorrow.

“Shimete’s mother died four years ago. She was only five when she left this world.” Being abandoned by someone you don’t know is one thing, but being abandoned by someone you loved is another. “As for her father he died before she was even born. She can relate to your sadness, Kaoro.” It is for this reason she is so determine to protect her master. She does not want to lose anyone else important to her again. Kazuma then directs his attention to Masaru, who seemed to be ignored by Shimete. “Shimete is of the Nigiri clan, but I’m afraid I am the only one she would call family.” Kazuma has never seen her in this state. She was always a strong girl able to pull herself together. With a lack of knowing what to do he sits there listening to her tears.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back