Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Relaxing someplace warm (open RP)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masa missed being away from Mist. Sure, it was a tundra now, but she missed the water that was everywhere. She missed the relaxing nature of water. Here in Cloud, all the water was in the air which was different. Masa preferred feeling the water. It was with great enthusiasm that she discovered there was a giant hot springs, just like in Mist. She quickly located the place after telling Tsuyoshi that she was heading out, yen in hand.

Masa paid her yen to get in and headed to the changing room. She would change into a fluffy white towel and head to one of the baths, one that was completely empty. She almost dove in with the excitement she had and the warm water soothed her aching muscles almost immediately. She closed her eyes and left her cane on the edge of the bath, well within arms reach.

Masa would spend a good while in the bath before getting out, drying off, and putting on the kimonos that were given so she could walk around. The one she had on was a light green and had a simple pattern of grey clouds around it. She smiled as she made her way to the giant banquet hall, her stomach rumbling. She would grab some food and sit in a small, round table that was in the corner of the large room, her eyes watching all that came in carefully as she enjoyed her food. She was trying to relax, but old habits die hard. Still, she would enjoy her food and the warmth the baths gave to the surrounding area. She could believe that she was in Mist again if she closed her eyes. She would only remember that she was not when she opened her eyes and found people wearing clouds on their kimonos.

[MFT 305]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The entire progression of this month alone was a whirlwind let alone mentioning the last four. Yuuto's head was still fuzzy from all that Akkuma did. Not the demonic influence he forced into him, more so the results of the bastard's sealing. That young girl had probably hit a coma since there was no word of her activity since the incident. She was likely unconscious or awaiting the day her demon prince came to sweep her off her feet. It was a silly thought but it fit the clingy child. Then there was Doku the Anbu who had been injured with the seal. He also bore the six arms of the Hachiashi. He was like Naoharu treading down the same path. Would he also succumb to a dark will like Jashin? Everything that had been done in his stead was so much more than ordinary but nothing in this world really was ordinary. This realm changed quicker than the drop of a coin. This ebbing stress would explain what the Anbu was doing here away from the troubles of the shinobi world.

He had been here for about three hours getting the full treatment. He started off with a dip in the bubbling waters. His body and bones loosened by the water letting the tightness leave for a moment. It was exhilarating and the perfect way to start a spa day off. His next entertainment was acupuncture. A small old man was his aid even though he hoped for a hot babe. The old man levitated the needles utilizing magnetism and placed each one in central points of Yuuto's body. The energy was flowing all right it made his mind limp as a noodle. As he drifted into a deep state of thought flashes of the primordial realm breached his mind. It was breaking the concentration of the treatment but he couldn't stop otherwise he'd be sick with chakra poisoning. This special form of acupuncture was more taxing on the chakra system than anything. The worst part however was seeing his failure and desperation breach to the surface. He was scared of the Primordial struck with endless worry about what would happen. How could Yuuto accept this fate could he even muster the courage to face the first one? He needed help but bringing others in on his clan's curse didn't feel right.

He could see the smiling grins of shadows. The gleaming eyes in the darkness full of excitement, lust, and malice. The visions became more intense as he felt like the darkness was shrouding and suffocating him. Nine out of ten would not want to experience this again. He felt stuck in bad way like, this was his future being crushed under the weight of the Primordials. It was then that a streak of white light broke through and snapping him back to reality. He rose sweaty and wide eyed darting his pupils left to right scanning the room. The third eye in the middle of his forehead was closed looking as though it wasn't there. The control of the manifestation was becoming better, he could keep his secret under wraps. The old man was washing his hands over by the sink. Words couldn't really express what just happened, it was something of the spirit. Yuuto would stand and bow paying his respects before leaving a tip on the table.

With his activity finished all he could do was focus on his body's maintenance of course that meaning food. Tuffling his silver hair, he slid on a crimson robe heading out to the banquet hall to find something to eat. Upon reaching there however he couldn't look at the food without throwing up. Everything seemed like it would be too much for his wee little stomach so instead of forcing it in that position he'd take another route. Taking a large cup he'd make way to a smoothie machine dispensing out the fruit and yogurt mixture giving himself a wonderful blend of vitamins. The next would be a banana damn the in between meal time snack. With his chosen meal in hand there was only one thing to do and that was to find a place to site. Everyone here seemed so normal, so human, like they didn't have a care in the world. It was only shinobi who usually understood another shinobi in full. Being a trained killer and especially a trained killer with this kind of leader was definitely "different". It was then that he spotted a pale woman in a green kimono adorned with clouds. She was in the corner spying around the room and as he stared her down, he was sure the woman saw him as well. She was definitely uncomfortable like there was something wrong in the air.

He'd make a casual stroll towards the woman likely making her sense dabble on the edge. He'd wave his hand friendly before bowing to introduce himself. "Masaru Yuuto, is this seat taken?" He wouldn't wait on an answer, instead he'd smile and sit down. Staring at the woman he'd observe her facial features while sipping on the fruit smoothie. She was pretty but there was a tortured look in her eyes, or maybe that was just his imagination. "Odd how people meet in these circumstances. Seems like we're both the black sheep of this facility. In a place of pure relaxation but still plagued by thoughts. Unless I'm reading your constant eye movements and uncomfortable look wrong. Maybe I'm just hoping something is wrong so I won't be the only one." "Look at me blabbing and, I never even asked for your name what would it be?" He'd sip his drink more still not breaking eye contact while he awaited the woman to introduce herself if she felt the need to. Either way after the introduction he'd ask one more question before shutting up. "What brings you out here today?" A simple question but it may have came off odd. It had been a while since Yuuto just had a normal day.

[MFT]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masa would see the man before he did her, her eyes scanning the room constantly, the silver hear and crimson robe. Yes and there was his chakra as well. Dark. Probably demonic. Still, outwardly, he appeared kind and calm, even introducing himself and sitting next to Masa.

Masa took a sip of her warm milk, something that he table had. It was a little quirk of hers but she rather enjoyed it. It was either that or alcohol and Masa did not like the idea of alcohol and baths. She had saved enough people drowning in her time without having to save herself.

"I am Kasumi Masa, a pleasure to meet you. and It is of habit that I watch people. Old habits die hard." Masa would say her silver eyes looking Yuuto up and down, checking to make sure that he was not too much of a threat. "I came here to relax. I miss the hot springs I used to visit in Mist. Now they are frozen over and I find myself missing their waters. Still, it has helped me relax, this much is certain. What I am uncertain about is what is bothering you. Hopefully this place has put some relaxation in you. If not, then they need to find a better name for the place. AN old woman like myself might be able to give you advice." Masa said smiling, her voice cool and calm.

She was interested as to why this man was so wrapped up in his own thoughts. Masa had only spoken to some of the locals. Hopefully, she could get a better feel for this place.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her name was Kasumi Masa, and it seemed that she didn't take the approach he wrong way. That was good it meant that he could finally just sit back and have a casual conversation. However there was something about her. Masa had a strange feel about her, like there was something scary underneath. Was this a shinobi vibe or that of a monster? He wasn't too sure, but it would make him stay on his toes. None the less Yuuto's surface would not crack as his facial expressions and body language were relatively calm not reflecting his thoughts.

You're doing well these days boy. Is your mind shuddering at the thought of this woman? Juyomonji's loud thoughts chimed through his brain. The Spirit of Rage had not been let loose in some time it was like Yuu was keeping him at bay. There was not any vengeance to enact and Juyomonji was beginning to get flustered at the thought of this. You owe me demon blood boy... Yuuto waived him off ignoring the prattling of an old man who didn't know he was too far out of his time. Even if Juyo wanted to he could not escape this connection he was bound to Yuuto until destruction or release.

The blaring thoughts were an annoyance now. Look I'll let you cut loose later. Just try not to bug me while I'm talking to a pretty lady. I need this R and R man. He'd end the conversation with that and bring his attention back to Masa. She had peeped game knowing that something was unsettling him as well. It was of course the fifty million responsibilities he had to juggle without fail. It was the pressure or protecting Kumogakure, saving the Masaru Clan, guardian over Yukimura, Reversing the darkness around him it was all just too much at times. He would smirk as she called herself an old woman with the ability to give some form of advice.

"Hell why not I need to talk to someone. Where to begin, recently I was charged with protecting Kumogakure and I had a brush with a man who claimed to be a "demon sage". He sealed two people utilizing dark techniques and I watched as he was released and banished from punishment. While I'm plagued by this man I think that what makes me think of it so much is how it relates to my leader's decisions." He began to mull over his smoothie deciding what to say next. Would he be dragged away to the prison for blasphemous talk about the Raikage. "Let's just say I don't know if I can trust his judgement anymore. Kindness is one thing, but letting the people who hurt your village get away every time is just foolish. I'm not sure I can live under that mindset. I would never abandon home though, this is my village. However I don't know how I'll react towards the person making these decisions and that could end my career." He'd scratch his looking towards a window hoping to get lost in the skies for peace at mind.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masa sipped at her milk and looked at Yuuto. So, this was one of the demon hunters the Raikage had mentioned. This must meant that some of her former shinobi were behind such worry. Well, she knew that Hoshikata was behind some of the upheaval or at least using it to better himself.

"Would one of the men in question go by the name Hoshikata?" Masa would ask, her face falling slightly at the mention of the name coming from her own lips.

Regardless of his answer, Masa would continue. "I am aware of some of the issues you are facing. The Raikage and I have spoken a little about the issue. Do not worry, your dissent is reasonable but I would rather get a little bit more information on it before passing judgement. In fact, I can talk to the Raikage on an equal plane, if you catch my meaning." Masa would say, winking and taking a drink of her milk, sighing lightly as she gulped.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
That name piqued interest in his ears. It was funny how things came about. "Well interesting you should mention that[color] κάθαρμα."<i></i> He spat the words out a bit, not literally but you could feel the disgust. Hoshikata by all rights in Yuu's eyes was a pure bred, cynical smear of a man. He also claimed to be gifted by a god and if he was no wonder he was walking among men. No god would ever want that person next to him. "While he did cause us a hassle, he is not the exact one for my problem. Hayata Shin almost inducted him into the village to atone for his crimes by helping us. Foolish, completely reckless and irresponsible. However there was a voice among them that managed to get him to change his mind and exile him. Death would have been better though." He did not wish to gloat, but had he not said anything more than likely Hoshikata would be sitting in a seat of power "proving" his loyalty to Shin until he drove a dagger through his back.

"However the man I speak of is Miroku Akkuma. Sealed a child with a Curse Seal, sealed an Anbu, fought an Anbu at the gates, and then disappeared. He tried to infect some students with his knowledge of dark jutsu before them and offer them a gift. Most likely a Curse Seal to transform them. I mean how could he pass on his demon lineage techniques if they weren't demons like him. He uttered some things about Cloud before running away. However when Shin had the chance to take down a Criminal like that he let him go simply banishing him..." Yuuto sighed taking his time to look around before speaking. His voice got lower reaching a soft whisper. "He even made a deal with the demon sage. Binding him to his will. Akkuma claims he'd have died but I think it's a convenient excuse. I think it's a way for him to gain trust but the orders are subjective. He only used Shin because the Kage is far too nice, and far too careless. He lets his morality make the judgement calls when sometimes we need a leader whose willing to make the sacrifices of their morality. Shinobi are full of darkness we have to be. It doesn't mean we need to toss our humanity but it doesn't mean we need to kiss every neighbor on the cheek. We train children to harness their powers to be soldiers and kill for their country. Doesn't get any worse than that I think."

Yuuto would resign sitting back allowing Masa to process all of the informatio he had just given her. He gave her far more information than most would have, but at this point it didn't matter. Clearly there was an issue deeper than Hayata Shin, like a festering infection at Kumogakure's very core. He'd take the final gulp of his smoothie before continuing his banter. "What would you do? Even though I don't agree I still follow my orders but I feel like I'm becoming bitter. I'd protect him from foreigners but if our own people sought to have him removed from his throne I don't think I'd be so quick to stand by his side. I know I sound horrible most likely, but we can't keep doing this. No offense to the refugees but from what I understand we're taking in more civs than workers. Are they planning on becoming full time Kumogakure or are they simply biding their time until home is back? Is it just Mist Village that's gone or the entire Water Country? Do they have no other immediate allies to split the brunt of the surviving population? Helping people is a good and great thing to do, but by taking in anyone we've alllowed ourselves a weakness. It'd be good at least if known Mist leaders took their roles and made outposts for their Kirigakure citizens, and then issued official passports helping us know the trusted from the not so much. With no village they lack accountability." He had been brewing up this halfway boder idea something to alleviate Cloud's foreign stress and give the true refugees a home until they leave if they're serious about becoming Kumo citizens then they need to sign up. Enlist in the shinobi corps, soldiers, jobs, pay t axes. Simple things of that nature would build their "loyalty".

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masa would place a hand to side of her face, looking at Yuuto with her calculating silver eyes as he explained. There was truth to him. Honestly, what he was saying fit mostly with what the Raikage had said. However, there were more details here and the devil was in the details, or in the this case the demons were in the details. Masa sighed. She should have let Akkuma freeze in his jail cell. However, that was water under the bridge and they will have to suffer the consequences. As for Hoshikata, calling him a κάθαρμα was about right. It sounded like him and Akkuma was more dangerous that Masa thought. She was glad that she did not accept his offer to be the "unbiased" voice in the Kage Summit. It was a blessing.

Masa would let him finish before speaking. There was a lot to say and she would rather say it all at once.

"That was quite the mouthful, Yuuto-san. There are many things I wish to tell you. First, the former civilians of Mist have no where to go. It was I, the last Mizukage, who lead them through the snow and ice. The cold had even frozen some of the ocean, to the point where we had to have shinobi use fire jutsu just to free our ships. This is all of water country. I lead these people here to Cloud, our allies, so that some would seek refuge. I have already spoken to my shinobi and civilians, as well as your Raikage. A number of civilians and shinobi have decided to stay here in Cloud. They will join your military and become full fledged Cloud citizens. The rest will leave and we will make a track to Sand and Stone. I assure you that the former civilians of Mist are hard workers and the shinobi are dedicated." Masa would say coolly, but with a smile on her face.

"As for Hoshikata, I warn you. He used to be a Mizukage. He is self serving, but his is extremely powerful. Approach him with caution and never trust what he says. There is a grain of truth in what he says, generally, but he will word it in such a way so that it benefits him. I would never fight the man, but if you do I suggest bringing a squad with you. You will need it." Masa would say, lighting up a little.

"I am sorry you are dealing with this. I always thought that most Mist shinobi were reliable, but now you have two former Mist shinobi causing you trouble. It is unfortunate. You are stuck between duty and personal well being. There are a few options. The obvious path is to tell your Kage what you think and deal with the consequences. I imagine you have already made your point of view clear. Another option is to find support with your fellow shinobi and approach him this way. However, I would leave weapons at home otherwise it might look like a coup. Of course, the coup is an option, but unpopular and it is a bad one for everyone. By throwing yourselves in chaos, you allow people like Hoshikata to take control. You could remove yourself from the situation by asking for a mission that takes you out of the village and let things play out on their own. If you choose this option, you are welcome to join me as I leave for Sand and Stone. Just tell your Kage you are interested in escorting the reaming civilians since i have given some shinobi to Cloud but still have numerous civilians to escort. These seem like the most obvious choices. I have no stake in any of them except the coup option. While the Raikage is not a close friend, he is still a political ally. You understand that if you coup., I will at best ignore the situation and let Cloud shinobi figure out Cloud shinobi business. What do you think?" Masa would ask after her long monologue.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masa of course was defending her citizens what Kirigakure ninja wouldn't? It then became apparent that her comment earlier about equal footing was about her rank before. She spoke of the unannounced and it's path of icy destruction. She spoke of how it ravaged the land freezing over some of the ocean as well. A number of civilians and shinobi were brought into the Cloud fold however Yuuto remembered it being far more villagers than shinobi. He wondered how many shinobi had slipped through the cracks. Even though she assured her they were all hard workers he could not believe it. There were always rotten apples out of the bunch Akkuma and Hoshikata were proof of that. However he did like the idea of the ones who did not plan on staying to be shipped off to Stone or Sand. "Well shipping them off is a great idea definitely. However there is always the alternative, utilizing the Lightning Country as well. Yet moving the ones who wish to not follow Cloud or our country can be amended with Sand or Stone. A win-win over all, forgive me I should let you finish first." He'd sit back now waiting for the pale woman to continue, this time without interruption.

Hoshikata was self serving, go figure. He once used to be the Mizukage but clearly could not retain the position unless he had a fruitful tenure for some reason. Masa said she would never fight him, but then again she was not Yuuto. He wouldn't let a threat make him quiver and he was smarter than to up against an Ex-Mizukage without back up. Even more, than that he was an executioner. Battle's weren't fought in the wild for honor anymore they were fought until the death. Hoshikata if fought would not be given a one on one chance to survive and escape he'd be treated like the threat he is and handled with appropriate force. Even though he was confident enough in his skills that he could take on the banished criminal he would not risk it. Standing in front of him would be a challenge yes but not one he would shy from. Is this why Hayata Shin let him go rather than dealing with the threat when he should have. I wonder what would happen now then if I hunted him.

She began to apologize for the trouble brought on by her shinobi. There was no easy way to take responsibility for your kinsmen. She began to give him advice regarding the subject of his strife. He had spoken to Shin but the Raikage didn't do much except for allow Akkuma to leave with no issues. Clearly that route had little to zero chance of working. He became more wrapped up in Yuuto's curse than Akkuma's crimes. She suggested he find other Shinobi who feel the same way and there was a shot at that seeing as it took an entire group to convince him that letting Hoshikata join Cloud was too quick. His insistent accusations of Shima Haruka's love was also quite the irritation. The idea of a coup was unexpected but it was a possibility. However he didn't forsee himself forcibly removing Shin, it was one of those things that should have been more "proof in the pudding".

"Well to be honest I do not believe I would Coup Hayata Shin although I don't believe it would be hard to start a rebellion against him. He claims to be caring of his subjects but he allowed in far too many threats. There are some things that just can't be slid under the table. He's made deals with demons, so some would look upon him with dissent. Kumogakure does not have a good history with demons and willingly consorting with one will definitely breed some kind of hate. He's not very proactive when it comes to the affairs of his citizens instead he's too busy catering to his personal effects. In that manner it's something that could be twisted to skew his public look. I believe that if someone wanted to all they'd have to do is sow in seeds of hatred, and paranoia. Catch Shin in one bad moment and this entire village could turn on him. His own Sennin question his methods and the Medical Sennin barely shows his face. What kind of government has Hayata set up? What has he done noteworthy in his career that truly makes him worth following. He's not a hero like some of the past Raikage's he's just a man who was given power. If I was trying to get him removed I think I'd play that card before taking up arms. Still I suppose it's a coup, just in a different manner." He'd smirk slightly toying with the idea of all the political aspects he could use to defame Shin if he truly wanted. He could even try to flex his muscles and prove that the Raikage was inept in combat though he was an Uchiha so the battle would be inherently tough. Yuuto would wipe his smirk before beginning to speak to Masa again.

"Well hopefully things will see change in this village whether it's because of Hayata Shin I do not know, tell me more about your life? I'm particularly interested in how old Kirigakure used to be ran. Also as a favor if you wouldn't mind could you enlighten me about Isaki Hoshikata and Miroku Akkuma? I'd like to know more about those two for the dossier I'm building on them. This way my Anbu and fellow Shinobi will have a better time at understanding what they're dealing with if they come to the Gates again. For example he has a brother who barely does anything than stand by him and bark. Knowing Akkuma's skills that brother could simply be a puppet in his schemes. Could be someone that needs to be freed of the demonic influence. Or it's really his brother and I have two people I need to look out for."

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Been 10 Days broski, I'd really love a reply here though. If you want to continue the RP let me know, but if you'd still like to post answering Yuuto's questions that'd be awesome. Topic Left for now]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
(Grad school started and is killing my time. Sorry for the late reply)

Masa would listen carefully. So he was still loyal enough to not try a violent coup. This was good. Masa had no time to deal with a rebellion. As for Yuuto, he wanted to know how Mist was ran and possibly some information on Hoshikata and Akkuma. Well, ther ewas no harm to Mist now. The ice had seen to that.

"Oh you ask for a lot! I can give you the highlights of my life but only that. The devil s in the details. I was born and raised in Mist as was both sides of my family. I am the only shinobi in my family. I joined the shinobi force right out of the Academy where all shinobi are trained. I spent most of my time as an ANBU, hence why I cannot tell you much about that. I worked my way up the ranks of command, especially after the accident that cost me the full use of my leg. I was ANBU Sennin for the longest time because I was the only one qualified for the job of Mizukage. I never wanted to be Mizukage but I had to. It seems futile now that I look back on it." Masa would say a sad smile on her lips.

"Mist was run in 2 ways. The old way was that a council voted on who was Mizukage. If the council felt like the Mizukage was not worthy, they would dethrone him or her. However, the council failed their job eventually when the 1st Mizukage, Minamoto Taro disappeared without a trace. There was a power vacuum caused and the village suffered. It is here where Hoshikata made his move. He rallied the civilians and made the council useless. The power of succession then fell upon the heads of the Kage. The kage would then choose who sat next, or failing that, the Sennin would vote. That is how I gained power through succession.

As for information on those two characters, I can send you a dossier on both. Simply give me your address and I will see to it that they are sent there discretely. Akkuma's brother is rather unknown to me. I have some basic information but he did not seem to be like his brother. Akkuma himself, however, is trouble as you have seen."
Masa would say, finishing up her drink in a gulp.

"I hope this has been helpful."

Masa would leave the table casually and head back to her room to get dressed and leave.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back