Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Remnants of the Times Before

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko wasn't sure why she had been assigned to Kurayami's team for this mission, but she suspected it had something to do with the last time the pair met. While Neko had grown a lot since then, she certainly didn't forget waking up to a fight at what was once her home. The alley way she had decided to sleep in that night, but she'd promised herself not to make it an issue during the mission. She was packed up and ready to go, heading to the meeting point.

Once she arrived she'd look to the girl who once she'd considered a genuine threat, "so then.. any ideas what this package is in the first place. Seems a bit dumb that they'd need us both to go and get something if it was such a low rank. Besides the less I'm here wit you the better in my book, I have things to do." Her tone was dry and lacking in any sort of effort on her part. She genuinely loathed the idea of spending any more time than necessary on this.

[WC 181]

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Kurayami would be sipping on what would smell of coffee and caramel when Neko arrived. She would turn and grab another cup, two sizes smaller, and extend her arm out towards Neko.

“Don’t ask me, I was told it was either this or ‘I could pick up medical duties at the Omni Prime Medical Facility’ as if I would waste my time there, just because I come from the Medical Clan of the village doesn’t mean I want to be a Medic, like not everyone wants to be why their family is known for. Not that you would get it.”

Between the small black coffee without any tasty additions like her coffee had and the mentions of her family, you could wonder if this was Kurayami’s attempt at being friendly towards Neko, though it wasn’t done well if that was the goal.

Shifting her feet to stop leaning against the wall she would continue.

“But honestly, I have no idea why they want both of us. I am more than capable of dealing with this myself, I guess it’s because they want us to use the buddy system with everything in the ruins of Sunagakure and everything. You do realize there’s entrances to the ‘Underdark’ scattered throughout the new construction up here? It’s wild. When I helped move plants for the Arboretum we took different routes almost constantly, I suppose that’s what the rebellion is doing right about now. I’m genuinely shocked that Kazekage-Sama though televising the Sennin Games was a good idea, there were already rumors about how some thing he is unfit to carry that title, but that’s neither here nor there.”

She would look over at Neko, curious to see if the information she provided would peak her interest or not. Kurayami loved to gossip, and if she wasn’t going to get along with Neko, the least she could do is wring her out for as much knowledge as she had, she did live on the streets for a while after all. Who knows what treasures of information she held.

[338]

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko smirked and took the coffee, "ooo for me? Damn your first date etiquette is on point" she chuckled, "televising the sennin games was wild in my honest opinion, it seems like it was both baiting for something to happen and also showing our supposed talent, but it also showed all they had. Seemed very asinine to me, but what do I know you know?" She took a sip of her coffee and let out a sigh with of genuine enjoyment. She took was a bit of a gossip, so this might hit off better than she had originally thought.

"Though, rebellion is honestly just a bunch of drunks and attitude problems that think they could do better from what I've seen. I literally just had a whole gang not too far from here that was a taken to town by a student and myself. Weak minded folks that only know two things, how to turn a woman off and how to lose a fight. Without any real leadership, they're as good as the rats trying to get in the kitchen."

[180/361]

Last edited:

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
As soon as Neko mentioned a first date, Kurayami’s face flushed bright red.

“Yea, because like that’s totally what’s happening here. Just enjoy your coffee and shut up, don’t make me regret going out of my way to get that for you.”

She turned away, her black ponytails snapping like whips through the air. The flustered girl would take a few steps before continuing on.

“Yea sure, thugs are one thing, but like there’s plenty of unhappy people in the village that we are moving away from the customs of the First Men.”

She would look back towards Neko, begrudgingly.

“You do know the customs right?”

She eyed her up and down for a moment.

“Then again, I did have a privileged upbringing, so maybe you don’t. Lord Raizo isn’t fit to be the Kazekage according to traditional Sunan customs. He is of the Ryuzaki Clan, which while they are one of the five great families, they aren’t the family of the Kazekage. That is the Sunahoshi, but they are mostly extinct at this point as we haven’t heard from them in a long time. For decades the Takahashi Clan guarded the seat of Kazekage as its steward as they awaited for a true Kazekage to arrive, and now we have Raizo-Sam’s calling himself the Kazekage? Like not even a steward?”

She let out a sigh.

“The customs and traditions of Primus and the First Men are how Sunagakure no Sato has been able to survive out here in the desert for so long, and to simply throw that away and call yourself the Kazekage, especially being from Soon’s Haven, has caused a lot of upset people. Hell, I’m sure even Mother Suna would be offended.”

She stared off into the distance for a moment thinking about how she was instructed to present to the general population about the situation from the Inner Court, but she still had questions. Who cares if Lord Raizo was the reason the Chikamatsu Clan is as vibrant as it is after the fall of the ruins, she genuinely didn’t care about her clan’s politics.

“But then again, I don’t think that’s something you have to worry about, is it?”

[354/692]

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko raised a brow as she witnessed her get flustered, making a mental note to keep the same energy. "Oh just when I thought.." she smirks and closes the gap so that when she turns, Neko is right there. "No, clan politics interest me certainly but worry me? No not at all."

She watched her eyes scan her, Neko gave a little finger wave as they looked her up and down. "Eyes are here.. not that you're looking for those. Anyway ya, I um.. I was sorta offered in concept to join but the words never really were there. I only figured it out after the fact but it really.. probably for the best. What are your thoughts on Raizo then?" The pair had moved a decent ways into the area now and we're surrounded by the bizarre foot traffic.

"I think honestly it's refreshing, but.. given the serious dangers of it all, maybe I'm in the minority of that. I just, I think we need change.. is that fair to say? Society evolves, we cannot rely on the same things to protect us through time. We need to progress with it, the world I mean. I don't know, people would be mad that I was anything besides a medic if we stuck with the old method." Her eyes drifted to Kurayami's for a moment then back to the road.

[228/589]

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Kurayami’s eyes would go wide.

“I wa-no it’s not-I was looking for a clan symbol, just shut up already!”

She would extend her arms to make space between her and Neko and took a few long quick strides ahead.

“We of the Chikamatsu Clan, who have benefited so much at the hands of the current and previous Kazekage, will continue to strive to live a life of service to all of those who need it.”

She let out a sigh. The practiced line she has muttered numerous times before.

“Honestly I genuinely don’t care who or what is the Kazekage. I’ve yet to meet him nor have I met anyone who has spoken to me on his behalf, so like for all I care he could be from the moon.”

She looked at Neko as she looked at Kurayami.

“Why would a nobody like you be expected to be a Medic? I was the one born in the Chikamatsu Clan, the clan of people who think being a medic is the most important thing in the planet. Hell I’m sure the Inner Court would miss every major milestone of their children if it meant they could treat someone in the hospital. Honestly, it’s a little weird how into it they all are. I mean have you been to the Omni Prime Medical Facility lately? Fucking Shin, our Overseer, has been mass producing these creepy fucking doll people to act as nurses. Not for me. And don’t get me started in his children, the whole clan is messed up.”

254/946

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko rolled her eyes at the jab, there it was she knew they couldn't play nice for long. "Look, this no body is a benevolent. You know your stuff, which means you know what that is." They stood outside the pickup location at this point. The small building with boxes just littered around, including one simply marked Kurayami .

Neko cocked her head and pointed, "easy enough, look. I get the anger, the annoyance, and the rest. I might not understand the whole clan issue, I may never know mine, but I do know the anger and I can tell you if you don't fix it that is going to kill you. You're a very, annoyingly, smart girl but if you can't handle whatever is making you this.. rude, spoiled kid, then it's Gunna be a long time of fighting unnecessary fights. Like ours. Maybe, I don't know.. Maybe we go off on the wrong foot back then, but if your going to only give a damn about your clan that you clearly hate being in, then I'm never going to be a person to you. And I won't try to be." Neko's words weren't said in a way that implied anger or any emotion for that matter, just words as statements of fact.

"I won't pretend to know your struggles, but I'll ask you to not assume mine. Deal?"

[WC 229/787]

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
"A Benevolent? Yet you claim to not be a Medic? Why do you waste your time strengthening and perfecting the Medical Ninjutsu if you don't plan on joining the Omni Prime Medical Facility?"

She laughed for a second, that made no sense.

"Rude, excuse me, you ain't a peach to be around either you know."

It was short, but se didn't know what else to say to Neko at this moment. Kurayami would lower her eyes and look at the road before them. She was being scolded like a child because she was acting like a child. She wanted to punch Neko in the face, but she knew it would simply be proving Neko's point.

112/1058
((Short Post, sorry))

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"stubborn, pompous, and now.." she saw the reactions in her and stopped herself. "Look, the reality is if I can save one person by knowing this stuff, then thats one less person who does before they make it to you all. Ya I'm not going to be a medic, but I can still help someone in the field."

She looked up and groaned out loud, "you're not exactly a pleasant person okay? But I know you'll be one hell of a Shinobi, and I'd like to be able to see that happen. But if you.." she calmed as to not lecture the girl, "if you keep, talking down to people. They aren't going to have your back, which is all that matters outside the walls. So, just.. have mine and I'll have yours alright?"

That was probably the closest thing Neko had been to serious the entire time. She had no anger or sarcasm in her tone, just genuine worry like one does when talking to a friend. She sighed and stuck her hands in her pockets as they began their trip back. The pair never had stable footing as friends, but it did not mean they needed to be enemies. Neko looked over to her as they walked, she meant what she had said and honestly believed that one day Kurayami was going to be an outstanding medic, but she also meant the part of worry that she expressed
She knew that anger and attitude came from somewhere and maybe when they had more time they could talk it out of her, but for now she'd let it rest for the sake of getting along.

"So, we have a deal then? You got my back I got yours? Simple enough?"

[WC 289]
[Twc 1067]

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
"You're just lucky then..."

Her voice was soft. She muttered and barely mumbled out the words as she continued to look down as she walked.

"I can't be a medic. I lack the qualities my clan is known for, precise chakra control. I can't use Medical Ninjutsu and I can't use Genjutsu. I've tried, okay."

Her pace picked up a little bit, though it may have been slightly subconscious to try and give them some more space. She didn't want to feel exposed, but she felt as though she could talk to Neko, and like genuinely be heard.

"I can't even cast Ninjutsu unless I spend hours preparing them. I'll never make it as a strong Kunoichi, I am surprised they even let me make it to Genin if I am being honest. What kind of ninja needs to spend an entire night preparing a handful of jutsu, I'll just end up being a burden if I am ever allowed to take a mission outside of simple deliveries."

Her voice stayed soft, but Neko, being of the ANBU, would be able to detect the intense amount of anger and hatred her words harboured, and it woul be easy to tell that those negative energies were self directed.

[204/1262]

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko listened to the girl as she went and just allowed her to vent. She wanted her to get out the full thought before she spoke, the last thing she wanted to do was cut off any chance for Kurayami to actually let go of what she's been carrying. Once she was finished, it finally clicked for Neko. The pride, the anger, all of it was a wall she had put up for herself in order to not feel the weight of her clan, the reality of her situation was far more complex than Neko had once thought.

"Listen.." She started, "I know I can't say the same. I've never been in your shoes, but where I have been is on the wrong side of myself a lot. Hell, it took me pretty much dying to even care about my own worth, I hope for your sake you find yours sooner. Because let's be honest, if someone took the time and effort to be as effective as you are with even half of your skill, they'd be running things. Point is, you're a lot more capable than other Shinobi, don't let it inflate your ego or anything but.. it's true. You prep every night for the next day, that's not something to be laughed at, that's dedication. I'm glad to have someone like that in my ranks, and I hope you're one day proud of it too."

She would walk without making eye contact or looking her way, she wanted her to think on the words and let them sink in. She didn't Kurayami to think she was expecting a response either, she just was being honest with the girl for once. When they reached the gate she'd look to her finally and say only one more thing.

"Let's do this again sometime, I think it was actually nice. I'll get the coffee next time."

With that, she split off from the girl allowing her to make the drop on her own. She'd only stop to listen if anything was said in response, otherwise she waved while facing away and disappearing into the crowds.

[280/1347]
[Topic left unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back