Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Resurgence of the Past

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Hello! I will be your mission moderator. If you happen to have questions feel free to hit me up or anything, my discord name is @ttvwackyman or DM me on site.

Mission details said:
Resurgence of the Past.
Mission Rank
: A
Mission Type: Group/Modded
Required Participants: Hyuuga Nova, Kyoujouran Ayeka, Kaguya Mitsuha
Client: Kyoujouran Clan Head
Restrictions: Gang leaders are wanted alive, and Fatalities are not permitted.
Mission Premise: Due to previous connections with the Yakuza Group known as the Ogre's Fangs the Kyoujouran Clan has decided that further intervention in the gang's resurgence will be necessary. Two ninjas will be dispatched to infiltrate and steal any documentation of the gang dealings before capturing and extracting the leadership of the group. Identify gang leaders and extract them alive, Fatalities are not permitted at the order of the Main Branch Sennin.
Mission requirement said:
Mission with a moderator
  • A-Rank: 700 Words
  • Completed word count within 5 posts each
Mission with a Moderator
  • A-Rank: 35000 Yen, and 75 stat points or ASP (Mission Moderator gets +30)

Last edited:

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha let out a sigh. Keniwa had asked her to act as back up for Ayeka and Nova regarding a Yakuza group operating inside Crater City. She is, in a sense, the wild card. If word got out of ninja coming to Crater City, in formalities, it's two. But Mitsuha herself had already gotten here on word from Keniwa.

She would be blending in with the regular 'citizens' of Crater city. A simple dress up in raggedy clothes, dirt smudged on her face, and adapting a crazed look on her eyes. She's definitely going to need a shower after this mission is done. Looking around with a wild look, she would think to herself. Yakuza. She has dealt with their kind before when she was younger. They tried to kidnap a famous dancer, in which she had stopped them in their tracks along with Otami and Chiaso. She would wait until the others got here. She wondered if they were let in on the fact that she was now in their mission as well. No doubt an extra hand could prove useful.

(182/700)

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Early... He wanted to turn around in his bed, but he saw the time on his alarm clock and pulled himself up. It was time to start moving, going through the wardrobe he figured it was best to dress a bit less like a shinobi. Yet he was bothered by the fact it was a mission with multiple people... He never did that and was kind of known to be a lone wolf. A sigh left him as he started getting dressed.

He wore street clothing which was wide enough to fight in if needed and he carried a small pouch on his backside around the hip. It contained things he needed, he already wore the combat gloves that allowed him to still use handseals. You could never expect how something was supposed to go. ' at least I got companions next time I need them..' he thought of his contract rather than the teammates as he was to meet them...

At the spot they were supposed to meet Nova would sit down against a wall looking towards Mitsuaha. Nodding only and give a piece of bread, as if it was just a casual thing.

196/700]

Ayeka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Ayeka stared down from her perch on top of an old abandoned coffee shop, the windows having long been broken and the building filled with the downtrodden sheltering from the worsening autumn weather. Across the street Ayeka's eyes were intently locked onto an old warehouse, the doors shattered inwards as if they had been struck by a great kick, revealing the cavernous insides that would lead to a basement complex where the Ogre Fang had once operated but now stood abandoned and empty as Ayeka was assaulted by memories of her time among the gang.

The smell was the first thing that always came to the dark haired girls mind when she thought abut her enslavement to the Yakuza, A coppery tang that soured the nose and sat heavily on the tongue making anything that was eaten taste of blood as bear arms and legs were forced to suffer the cold as the rags she once wore only covered her modesty while failing to give any warmth as the heavy chains around her neck bite and choked at her neck every time she shifted. The cell she was kept in was always within the lowest level of the base causing moisture from the upper levels to collect within her room causing ice to form at night and allowing mould to thrive during the day not that she had to suffer in this room during the day as the gang used her as a pit fighter or an enforcer out on the streets......one of the few time she would get to see the light of the day.

Shaking her head suddenly Ayeka pulled herself from her memories before they got worse and she stood and turned away from the building knowing the gang wasn't there anymore as she had camped out on her perch since the early hours. Deciding to meet up with her teammates Ayeka decided forgo taking on a disguise while she was here for the simply reason the gang would be looking for their stolen property namely her and would most likely come to find her sooner or later. Eventually she arrived at the meeting area noting that Mitsuha had gone all out on her disguise while Nova settled for civilian clothes, Ayeka herself wore her headband under her clothes anyway and didn't carry ninja tools around due to her fighting style so she just settled for looking between the two and spoke. "I'm gonna to let the gang recapture me." Was Ayeka's simple statement nothing but the thought of revenge in her eyes as she waited for her teammates response.

[434/700]

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
The group moved to a more secluded location, an alleyway that had been marked out for them in the briefing. While it was supposed to be a fall back point to regroup if things went sideways, this was a warranted time to use it. Given the severity of the situation, the group would need time to discuss the plan going forward. It was clear by Ayeka's body language this was more personal than it may be for the rest of the team, and that can lead to some serious issues if not handled correctly.

Once in the alleyway, the team could move toward location and discuss things a little more clearly. After all, in a city named after how its residents act it was very likely that anyone on the street could have ties to the operation. The last thing any of them needed was for the heads of the operation to catch wind that a sting was going to occur, they'd be gone just as fast as the news came in. However here there wasn't that worry, the reason this alley was selected prior to the mission was that it was used to discard waste from several restaurants making it truly an undesirable location for any of the local population.

Though a little ways into the walk, it had become rather uncanny with the silence. If they were going to talk they'd definitely need to keep it to a low rumble unless they were absolutely sure no one could hear them. Ears and eyes everywhere, Ayeka would know that to be far too true. Even a dinner chef could be on the pay roll, so the group could not take any chance when it came to this, they needed to be one hundred percent certain of the plan before acting.

The smell of rotting egg, fish, and other waste wafted from the central gutter system to the alley. The drain vents let steam rise from them, clearly contributing to the overwhelming stentch. The alley's walls were lined with dumpsters and trash bags making it an easy place to lay low, for them or anyone else. The sky was beginning to open up with a light drizzle that was removing some of the unbearable heat from the poured grease in the area. That was the only benefit to this journey, it was at least about to rain the filth off of them.

[wc 400]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
It didn't take long for Nova and Ayeka to converge to where she was. Mitsuha was really good at acting like some scum of a girl from Crater City, even perfecting grumbling to herself disapprovingly once Nova gave her a piece of bread. Maybe it wasn't an act, the girl did do a slight roll of her eyes once the bread was handed to her. But her focus went to Ayeka as she said that she was going to let herself get captured. Judging by her face, Mitsuha guessed that this was personal for her. On any normal day, she would let Ayeka go in and wreak havoc. But... Orders are orders. For some reason Keniwa wants no deaths. Even if these are the freaking Yakuza they are dealing with, they can't kill. Which already puts them at a disadvantage. She gripped her piece of bread as crumbs start to fall down.

She thought things through to try and make use of everyone here. In all honesty, she doesn't really remember much of Nova other than he carries around a bow and arrow. And as for Ayeka, she also has draconic powers. Shaking her head on Ayeka's comment. "I'm sorry Ayeka, but we can't risk it. But I do have a plan if you both are willing to listen."

She would pause for a second before going on. "Right now, I look the part of a helpless street girl. I'll bet that I'll be taken by one of them. During that time I could find out about what their plans are and steal any documentation that they may have. During this time, you both will be on the outside perimeter. Looking for any weak points in their base or if there are any guards by themselves that could be taken out quietly. While we are not allowed to kill, it is best to make sure that they cannot fight or call reinforcements. Knock them out quietly, or if we do have to go loud incapacitate them by breaking a few bones, aim for their legs and arms. Don't worry about me trying to find a way out, I've got my own options should the need arise."

Mitsuha would say all of this in a hushed whisper to make sure that they were the only ones to hear her. "Nova, could you find a good vantage point to the place once I am grabbed? And Ayeka. You have somewhat similar powers as me, which means make use of arial coverage if you can."

(603/700)

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I'm gonna to let the gang recapture me." He chocked on his piece of bread as how casually as she said that. He would look towards her and look a little bit baffled. What did she just say... Did he really just hear her say that. He remained the quiet one for a moment as he started to hear that Mitsuha was taking the lead.... But he was looking at them for a moment... Did he even know them..? Wasn't it handy to exchange names really? Like... He would guess that Ayeka was the one that offered to be captured...

When he heard the plan... It seemed that it was already set in stone, something he wasn't all too happy with. But heck. He decided to go along with it. Hearing that he was supposed to go for a good vantage point... err... he wasn't a Hawkeye anymore. "Erm... I ain't a Hawkeye anymore, Hyuuga. I can do my best nonetheless. I am good at punching people these days." He causally spoke and looked to the alley way... "Not sure how much around we can stick, you never know when people wanna steal our bread." He used bread as a word for the plan, hopefully, the ladies were quick to catch on.

Ayeka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
As Ayeka listened to Mitsuha's plan she couldn't help but feel herself getting angry very quickly as the girl almost naively said she would allow herself to be caught before attempting to secure documents from the compound. That old anger that used to burn hurt within her when she was an Onikawa bubbled back up and Ayeka slammed her fist into the nearby wall of the alley leaving a spiderweb of cracks along the surface as blood slowly began to leak from her knuckles while memory assaulted the draconic girl.

- Flashback no Jutsu -

Deep within the bowels of the ogres fang compound was once an arena stained with blood the only inhabitant was a young girl of about ten her hair a warm brown speckled with blood while her eyes were a sickly blood red. This girl was a much younger Ayeka a person whom brought her much older counterpart much shame as the girl watched men walking by dragging women in rags around the stands before pulling them out of view. Ayeka didn't know what these men wanted with the women except that the girls didn't last long soon becoming dead eyed and when they were broken or they got tired of them then Ayeka would get what was left. Speaking of leftovers Ayeka watched from her position lying in the centre of the arena as another girl was thrown into the pit from the stands seemingly having upset someone above as the girl instantly started screaming and clawing at the walls as Ayeka herself stirred and walked towards the girl. The screams only grew before they stopped as Ayeka reached the girl and grabbed her. Cheers erupted around the arena as blood seeped between Ayeka's fingers and the girl went silent.

-Flashback no Kai-

Ayeka took a deep breath as Nova mentioned he was a Hyuuga now while Mitsuha asked if Ayeka would scout from the air. Mastering herself Ayeka finally decided to answer her teammate turning towards her from the damaged wall and accidently kicking some stinking trash out of the way. "You don't know these people! They don't traffic people, they toy with them and tear them apart for fun. Please Mitsuha I know these people......I was enslaved to these people. They won't hurt me, they will just want to put their monster back to work! But you.....they will just tear you apart and throw you away." Ayeka's temper has stopped her stutter as she spoke with indignant anger at the thought of Mitsuha throwing herself to the wolves without knowing how monstrous these people actually were as they has tortured and conditioned Ayeka to obey them since she was a baby. "Let me infiltrate.....Its safer that way." The girl spoke in a desperate tone with the last sentence as she stared at the white haired girl.

[WC: 905/700]

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
While they attempted to discuss their plan, the wishy-washy nature of the discussion and lack of coded conversation was about to prove problematic for the group. Nova's attempt to use the word bread as code quickly fell apart as "Let me infiltrate.....It's safer that way" rang out in a small echoe as the silence around them shifted. The rain now coming down at a steady pace as the group was nearing the location of infiltration, however upon first glance they would be able to tell something was entirely off. There was no sign of any watch dogs patrolling the location, in fact there were supposed to be two guards out front of the building at all times and yet in this moment there were none. The silence of the surrounding area was almost palpable in this moment, the only noise being that of the rain and their own hearts beating.

The area was clear of not only the guards and wanted, but of civilians as well. Nothing about this moment felt right to any of the well trained shinobi, it was as if someone had unrolled a welcome mat right in front of the building. This was too easy, and often enough too easy meant it was a trap for shinobi. But how would they have known something was up, they had been cautious enough and the plan was pretty straight forward until mission start, so how was this the case? Either way the shinobi would find the distinct lack of people to not be the only warning sign laid out before them.

As they canvased the area, there were small indications some sort of skirmish had occured near the location of interest. Hints of chipping in the stones near the building as if hit with missing blades, small specks of blood being washed away with the rain, details like this that rang alarms off in their minds. If this was to be a trap the chances that it was for them were slimming, while the reality that someone else was making a play here was becoming more evident. Something was happening inside this place and it was about to be their problem, they needed to act before this whole thing went any more wrong.

[Wc 373]
[twc 773/700]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
She rubbed the back of her neck, slightly embarrassed. Out of most of her ninja career, she only met Nova once and the main things that she remembered about him was that he had a monkey summon and that he had a bow and arrow. And that was when she herself was just an academy student. "Sorry, it's kinda weird that we haven't really interacted with each other much, huh? I'm only going off of old information." She turned to Ayeka who was letting her know about what type of people they were dealing with. She has no troubles with getting in and out of situations as her dragon powers quite literally lets her manipulate reality and warp out of a situation if it calls for it.

But... The way Ayeka had described them, made them sound like an unbeatable boogeymen. Mitsuha knows exactly what that is like, her own mind having a small flashback at the Gates when that armored masked ninja had attacked. She nearly died that night and is something that still haunts her dreams to this day many years after. She wanted to tell Ayeka the logic of it. That she is more than capable of dealing with the likes of the Yakuza, but she could only say one thing, "I just don't want to see you hurt..."

As they walked towards the place, Mitsuha couldn't felt like there was something off about the place... Her draconic eyes would scan around to see if there were any chakra colors to signify that of a person or such nearby. It wasn't until a tinge of red entered her vision at the corner of her eyes. Leaning down, she would see that it was blood. Looking around, there were signs of struggle but no bodies. "Someone must have had a vendetta against them as well." She would say in a hushed tone for only Nova and Ayeka to hear. "Nova, do you see anything?" The Hyuuga eyes would be better for this situation, to see if there are any bodies or anything further ahead that may have caused... whatever this is.

(955/700)

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Sorry, it's kinda weird that we haven't really interacted with each other much, huh? I'm only going off of old information." He waved it away as it was no problem that she did. But he was also glad, that meant that not a lot about his was out in this world. Maybe even better... He would never knew if even his father would look if he knew his son was still alive.

Taking a step to the side, he dodged the flying can that got out fo the hit trashbag. ' oi oi...' he thought calmly while he watched the can again fly further before getting to a halt on the floor. "You don't know these people! They don't traffic people, they toy with them and tear them apart for fun. Please Mitsuha I know these people......I was enslaved to these people. They won't hurt me, they will just want to put their monster back to work! But you.....they will just tear you apart and throw you away." Nova simply listened to the person having a ruckus about it all. Shifting himself back against the wall he would eat the bread in pieces while he let the female fight it out. He wasn't one to through a hand up now, he knew how women could be scary. Especially when they hit blood for the bloodgod week. "Let me infiltrate.....Its safer that way." Nova would roll his eyes. IN his mind he would play the little princess that didn't want anyone hurt so just take me..! "I just don't want to see you hurt..." His eyes shifted to Mitsuha by those words. Seemed like these girls knew each other longer

It was after the whole pleading as he heard that he started to notice something around him. He would ignore the further words, well... Selective hearing he would be doing at this point. if they wanted to kibble, go kibble. He would follow the ladies and keep his guard a bit up while not letting them notice. The rain was making things a little harder... but Nova would grab his little baseball cap and shift it a bit on his head. Not everyone had to know that he was a Hyuuga... Especially if there was an enemy or something around. "Someone must have had a vendetta against them as well." Nova simply nodded towards her that he already had noticed the things around the place. Taking a slow breath, he would activate his Hyuuga and the veins would pop near his eyes. Seeing everything around him in an almost perfect 360-degree.

He would walk a little to keep a clear look of things, there were small things that could easily be missed in this weather... but something was really off. "Chipped walls.. so far no trap visual....." He would quiet down and point toward a building with two fingers. "Cannot see 100% Clear inside.. but there is trouble." he would comment and look to the others, his voice was soft as he hushed it to them.

[ 912 / 700 words ]

Ayeka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Ayeka looked away in shame and hurt as Mitsuha said she didn't want her to get hurt but in their line of work that was impossible and trying to protect one another would simple lead to heart ache one way or another but with the way her emotions was surging with hate towards the gang who were only across the way Ayeka settled for silence as she settled for following Nova and Mitsuha as they relied on Nova superior scouting skills thanks to his Byakugan.
As Nova searching within the building using his bloodline Ayeka let her eyes rove around the outside as Mitsuha crouched down to inspect some blood spatter that seemed to lack an obvious source.

"I don't like the feel of this." Ayeka muttered crossing her arms in obvious worry as Nova reported no traps but something bad was going on the inside of the building. "We...g..gotta get in there." Worried that they had already failed the mission as Ayeka quickly darted across the open space to the side of the building being careful not to allow her footsteps to splash in the ever deepening puddles from the rain as she held out a hand and placed it on the side of the wall. Lifting her free hand Ayeka grasped the air as she used her arcane weapon jutsu to manipulate the currents into her hand until a condensed blade of wind surrounded by swirling dragon scales materialised into existence shimmering dully with green chakra. Swinging her weapon Ayeka hoped her blade saturated with wind chakra as it was would cut through the wall quietly as she slashed three times in a triangular shape. If the wall had been cvut successfully Ayeka would use her gravity jutsu to as quietly as possible lift the section she had cut free from the wall and lay it on the floor outside, her palm keeping in contact with the matterial to ensure her control over it.

Once her entrance was completed Ayeka looked back toward her teammates and then darted inside looking to see what the situation was while trying her best to keep hidden.

[Soz had writers block for this topic. Will post quicker next time. ]

WC: 1,241

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
As Ayeka crossed the threshold of the building, it became clear that everything that was noticed on the outside continued on the interior tenfold. Blood was smattered across the walls in careless fashion, kunai and shuriken lay on the floor in every direction, where banners once hung now only shreds of fabric remained. One thing was odd about all of this, more so than the incident itself, all the bodies were simply missing. The amount of blood involved with the scene made it all too obvious that at least a handful of individuals had come to blows, and at least as many should be laying somewhere around here either dead or bleeding out. However, not one body remained on the floor.

The main door behind the desk was broken in, as if someone had taken a small grade explosive to the hinges, and beyond that the main office could be seen. Inside there were several chairs each of them in various states of destruction, however the largest was simply faced away from the door toward the window that overlooked a central zen garden. The damage was far less in this room, though there was enough blood to say that at least one or two people were in here when this happened. Rope was tied around the large chair, implying that on the other side they would find someone or something tied to it. Once again, no bodies could be found within the room.

A muffled "GHGHHRRR DRRHFHFHR" could be heard from the chair. Whoever was tied to the chair was clearly still alive and trying to get someone's attention. It was unclear if it was just continued effort or directed at someone in particular, but even muffled Ayeka would recognize the voice of one of her former associates. A boss she had had during her previous life, conviently packaged and waiting for her. All signs said this was a trap to the group, but maybe not to Ayeka. Could it be someone else who had worked alongside this group was simply offering her the satisfaction? Either way, what happened next was entirely on the choices made by the group.
d734a10cba4638f60f0dd935e5dceaa0.jpeg

[wc 362]
[twc 1135]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha would focus on what Nova said. Just as she expected from the small bit of blood, a battle took place here, but for there to be no bodies. Who were these people that managed to take out the Yakuza so easily? She would follow Ayeka into the hole that she made to see something of similar fashion. Blood, weapons and fabric from flags or banners strewn around. But still not a single body. Things just don't seem to add up. Who would go through all this effort to make sure that there were no bodies? That was the real thing bugging her. Not that someone or something had wiped out the Yakuza. Not that they have walked in here unopposed. But the fact that there is shown that there was a struggle, but no bodies?

She shook the thought away, it all seemed way too bizarre. However, there was one peculiarity. Tied down to a chair was a bloodied man. It was obvious that it was a trap. But they needed answers on what happened. Sighing, she would turn to the other two and speak in a hushed whisper, to not get the man or if there are any other people watching, to hear what she was saying. "Look. You're going to have to trust me. If anything happens, I can simply warp away. Even if I do get caught in a trap."

If there are no objections, Mitsuha would then start to walk over to the guy. She would make a visual inspection of how tied up he was, along with physically verifying that he was tied down tight. Make sure that he can't make any handseals with both hands, and then finally, walking over to face the bloodied man. If anything were to happen, any sudden movement from him or in the immediate area, Mitsuha was ready to warp away from the area.

(1271/700)

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seemed that she was still a child, he could tell that she was getting nervous as they started to go inside. "If you feel like it;s too much, let us know." He spoke towards Ayeka before he followed Mitsuha inside the building. He himself halted for a split second in the doorway to double check with his Byakugan but he couldn't sense much more so he dropped it after. 'Still not fully used to this.' he thought towards himself as he set foot further inside. When Mitsuha asked for a trust thing.. Nova would nod, he would stand back and keep a watch to the surrounding.

Nova would wait and see what would happen now, as he was there to keep the area close to them in check... So he kept checking the outside with his gaze and he would be on guard, putting on his combat cloves just in case.

Ayeka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
As Ayeka stepped into the warehouse she was greeted to the sight of a bloodbath that strangely did not have the usual pulp as despite the vast amount of gore there was not a single body to produce it. Looking left and right Ayeka couldn't sense anyone nearby except for the sole occupant of the building which was a man bloodied and beaten tied and gag to a chair in an office far off from their entrance. "Did a vigilante get them." Ayeka idly wondered as she stared around the room before Mitsuha stepped around her and said she was going to investigate because of her abilities to escape. Ayeka knee jerk response was to object and go forward herself but after another glance at the bizarre room Ayeka swallowed the rage to she had towards this group and settled for the assurance that someone had already killed them all, nodding to Mitsuha Ayeka watched the white haired girl pad towards the bound figure as Nova stepped up next to the black haired dragon.

"It's fine Nova. I should be happy they are dead." Ayeka felt herself uncoiling metaphorically as she spoke feeling that she had lost out on revenge but at least these people weren't hurting anyone anymore. Pulling her hood back up and hiding her face Ayeka settled down to watch Mitsuha with Nova while ready to back her up if she needed it.

[WC:1477]

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
As Mitsuha approached the man in the chair she could see his ties were far too secure cutting off some of the circulation on his hands and possibly his feet as well. His breathing was rapid and shallow, sounding labored as if damage had been done to his rib cage. The man in the chair had clearly been through the ringer but he still was making an effort to say something to her, his eyes wide and head shaking as she approached. In training, Mitsuha knew how hostages and captives reacted to seeing help arrive and this was distinctly wrong. Everything about this felt like it would be a set up, but as she got close she'd be able to notice a envelope placed on the mans lap.

For the others, the area was silent still aside from the ever present tapping of rain hitting the glass and roof. The area was still, so much so that if the wind blew a leaf in the courtyard it may startle the group. Things seemed wrong, far off from what the reported intel would have suggested the site to be like. This was wrong and with that the pair not occupied by the hostage would have that sense of impending anxiety. That thought, no knowledge rather, that when something like this seems to be the case it is always too good to be true. The only problem is that their mission was to collect the higher ups, and from the look of things it was clear that wasn't going to be a viable option any longer.

[Mitsuha can opt to read the letter or not, either way you have one higher up in captivity at this time]
[wc 263]
[twc 1398]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
All about this was red flags to her. This envelope... It looks like nothing to note of dangerous, but she knows very well an explosive note could be slipped in, or some type of toxin to be activated. Looking over at the man, he was shaking his head. While still staring at the man, she would perform handseals until a clone poofed into existence next to her. The clone would grab the letter and move a respectable distance from both Mitsuha and the man, along with Nova and Ayeka, in case it does explode. Once the clone was satisfied with the safe distance, she would open and read the contents.

As for the real Mitsuha she would tear off the tape off his mouth (if his mouth taped shut?) and say, "Tell me. Who did this. Why? And how?"

These were questions that they needed to know. If they can pin down the source, and find out their motives, they can have a proper plan of attack to handle this new situation that has been thrown at them to handle. This is something that they have to be cautious about. Fighting an enemy is one thing. But when an unknown variable comes into the mix, one can't be too careful of how things play out. Mitsuha is also wondering if what this guy might say could correlate to the contents of the letter.

(1503/700)

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
The crimson letter was addressed to Ayeka, once opened its contents were mildly of concern though truthfully left more questions than answers.
Happy Holidays I left this one wrapped for you. Hope you don't mind the rest being opened early. Do your job next time, you Shinobi took too long to act, so I did.

The man gasped for air, coughing as the tape was pulled from his mouth. He would look frantically around the room and then to Mitsuha with a confused and worried expression on his face. "You.. you didn't send them? He wore one of those stupid masks you Shinobi put on. One of those Anbu fucks, had to have been. Please.. just get me the hell outta here, I'll say whatever, do whatever. That psychopath could still be here and I don't.. I don't want to die.. please just get me out."

His panic was clear, whatever sentencing or torture awaited him on the other side of this was worth it to get out of here. The lack of bodies, the lack of weapons, all of it was odd but this was the oddest part. Why leave this one wrapped up like this for them to find, especially if it wasn't a trap like it had originally appeared to be. Some vigilante came in and cleared this building, but why take the bodies? Why go through all this effort to not have any proof. Further more where did the mask come from, how'd they get their hands on an Anbu mask.

The man was about to speak when he moved, and suddenly a rush of heat could be felt by all parties. The man had unknowingly been sitting on a paper bomb, which upon him leaning to beg for their help, had activated. The heat of the man bursting into flame, would knock Mitsuha back onto the ground with some force. The man hadn't even a chance to scream before flames were engulfing his body completely. The mission now hung on making sure this one man made it out of here alive so they could gain the needed Intel. If Ayeka wanted to fail, this was an easy course of action, all shed have to do is wait. Otherwise they'd need to put out this fire.

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The clone would read the letter out loud for both real Mitsuha and Ayeka to know what was in the contents of the letter.

She would raise an eyebrow on what he had said, masked individual. At first she would think of an anbu operative, but the letter suggested someone that wasn't connected to Leaf. Even if it was an ANBU, the letter had said, 'you shinobi', as if they are not affiliated with the Village. She would dub this individual, the Masked One. Not a good name, but that's all they can go on. And-

As she looked back over at the man tied down, an explosion ensued, knocking her off her feet. She could hear the man's screams of pain as the fire would envelope him. She would curse underneath her breath. She herself does not have any water Jutsu, but she does have a contract that does. Forming handseals, biting her thumb and slamming it to the ground she would summon Crush.

"YOOOO WASSUP! WOW THAT GUY IS ON FIRE! AND I MEAN PHYSICALLY, NOT IN A FIGURATUVE SENSE!" He himself would form hand seals, or would it be claw seals? And water would fill his mouth as he is ready to put the fire out on the last surviving Yakuza member. But would Ayeka stop him? If not, he will continue forth and try to save the Yakuza by putting the fire out.

(1737/700)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back