Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Rhapsody in Moon

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The bar itself was rather nondescript, the usual dive in the shady part of town that upstanding members of society would fear to tread, but in actuality was quite safe given the shrine’s stranglehold on the area. Indeed, Migoya had noticed the strange markings on the doorways of some of the ‘businesses’ down here - a symbol reminiscent of the Shrines own logo and clearly knew that this meant they had the Shrine’s protection.

Religion and crime - the best bedfellows.

The bar itself was relatively modern, but years of wear and tear had simply been covered up with pictures of various deities and even signed pictures of famous visitors to the establishment.

Wearing a simple cotton black kimono, the only thing remarkable about the man sitting at one of the tables would be his shock of white hair, very different to the night-black that the citizens of Moon were so proud of. A pale hand reached to pick up a small ceramic cup of sake, revealing metallic bracers on his wrist, the only ‘strange’ thing he was wearing. A discarded leather satchel lay on the seat next to him.

“Hello handsome. Would you like some more sake? Perhaps some company?” A young girl, barely out of her teens and dressed in a revealing slitted red kimono slid her way to the side of Migoya’s table. Migoya’s crimson eyes would look up at her, taking in all of the hidden details - the bruised wrist covered with cheap jewellery. The fake smile hiding hidden pain he knew so well. The rapidly tied kimono suggested that she had just come from previous company. From the raucous laughter that was now leaving the bar, Migoya surmised it was one of the local ‘priests’ enjoying one of the benefits of his position.

Migoya gave a small smile, knowing that a kinder one would suggest weakness in a place like this. “Hot sake please, and you are welcome to join me if you wish, after you have checked the other tables for business opportunities. A conversation is all I’m after.”

The girl hid her disappointment well, Migoya could tell, as she smiled and nodded and moved away to get the sake, and hopefully find a better paying client.

Twirling the ceramic cup in his hand, Migoya’s thoughts were far away from the girl and her problems. This establishment, this village - all were controlled in an iron grip by the Shrine religion. The Myakashi’s hold on the village was tentative at best - a small trading warehouse down by the docks that they had paid handsomely for, and continued to pay ‘protection’ money to run. Normally, as in other villages, the Myakashi would spread quickly but here… here faith ran the show, and faith could rarely be bought.

The Shrine were very clever indeed.

No. In order to control this land, the Shrine would have to be shown for the falsehood that it was, or indeed manipulated somehow. Faith was strong but could be destroyed if the right opportunities arose.

In any event, Migoya had several tasks in front of him - first, a trip to Kirigakure to acquire the materials needed to forge the new armour sets for his clansmen. Then to Suna to probably clean up Yong’s probable mess. Then perhaps he could turn his mind into how he could control this ‘Shrine’. He took a sip from his cup and leant back, enjoying the warmth of the liquid as it rushed down his immortal throat.

Perhaps, just perhaps, opportunity would come knocking in this strange out-of-the-way bar in this religion/crime infested land.

1679365356776.png

Last edited:

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Black.Mask.%28Persona.5%29.full.2975832.jpg

Kureji in his Oro puppet form, walked around Moon once more. And just like on the ship people had outright avoided him, not because he has some sort of aura, no. It's because one look at him and they could tell that he is a psychopath. There was an inhuman type of smile on his face, even though right now it was only a smirk. And his eyes... They were bloodshot.

He figured going to the bar would be a good place to start, if he knows anything about the night of the rave, Monika and Zoomies gun dude were sure partiers. On the way, he had seen the damages done to the island of the immediate area where the rave took place. Just then, someone bumped into him. The puppet looked over to see a stumbling priest that had come from the bar that he had his sights on.

"He-Hey! Watch it! I'll have you tortured and hanged!" The drunk threatened.

The inhuman smirk turned into a wide smile. If it was any other puppet that Kureji was using, the man may have lived. But Oro was made to be the physical form of his intrusive thoughts and crazy happenings. "Pathetic things like you are not evil enough. Not evil enough to really do anything worth history changing. Scum like you should get buried by the stronger evil."

It was obvious the priest didn't like what was being said. He sneered at the puppet and put a hand on his shoulder. "Listen here you-" He was cut off and started screaming as Kureji easily picked him up, jumped into the sky, and drove the man's head into the ground with a sickening crunch.

Getting up, he ignored the commotion behind him as people frantically ran away.
"Gee, they act like they should feel bad for someone who can't even mount to anything."

Walking into the bar, he could instantly feel eyes on him, but nobody had dared to say a word to him. Everyone kind of looked bland here, boring. Except for one person. This man had white hair and a black kimono. Now THIS guy has got to be interesting. Walking towards, he would stop and then ask, "Excuse me, good sir. Mind if I sit here and talk your ear off? And possibly vice versa?" That has been the nicest that Kureji has been in his Oro puppet form. Now despite him being nice, he still had his bloodshot eyes and inhuman smirk on his face.

(topic entered)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Just because I did not accept the young lady's attention does not mean… oh.”

Migoya turned to look at the one who had spoken to him so directly… so informally, yet ironically politely and his eyes brightened. He was beautiful. Not in the traditional sense - such things were beyond Migoya at his advanced age - but his… construction. It was exquisite and obviously done by a master craftsman.

Oh, Migoya knew exactly what this individual was - the lack of blood was telling as normally Migoya would have felt the flow of his blood due to his own bloodline, but more telling was the simple fact that he had designed and built several of these ‘human puppets’ over the past few decades, including that of his great-niece. Indeed, he had one such creation for himself should the need arise.

“Apologies, I thought you were one of the riff-raff, but you are… more are you not. Yes, please join me - I find such interesting company worthwhile when surrounded by the inconsequential.” Migoya motioned to the seat opposite him as he half-stood politely, waiting for Kureji to take the offered seat. His tone was somewhat disarming and friendly as he returned a wide smile to the ‘man’. There was something about this man-puppet… a certain aura that was very similar to his own. Dark. Mysterious.

“A drink?”, Migoya looked deeply into the blood-shot eyes of the man before him, his own crimson gaze hinting that he knew more than he let on as he poured another cup of sake. His utter lack of fear would also be telling, the dark visage and unnerving smile would have scared lesser people, but to Migoya is was.. beautiful. “The sake is unfortunately cooling, but some more should be on the way”. He glazed over to where the serving girl had been, noticing that a group of them were at the doorway to the bar, looking out at some sort of commotion.

Who are you blathering on to now? Ive been stuffed in that bag for… ooooooooh who is this hunk a spunk!!!!

From within the knapsack at Migoya’s side a small wooden mannequin would appear, holding what appeared to be the carcass of a poor brown pigeon, impaled on a small blade that stuck out of his ‘hand’. The eyeless gaze of Mikki was enraptured at the human-sized version of, well, himself.

Migoya chuckled, watching his new companion carefully for any telltale signs of aggression.

“Im not sure yet, my apologies. Myakashi Migoya of Yamigakure. Who do I have the pleasure of addressing?”

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kureji studied the man as he had done the same to the puppet. The man did not give off Shrine vibes, as in self-centered and only lashes out at the weaker, no. This man carries himself differently. Confidently. He was half tempted to ask the man if he wanted to join his band, but there was a lot that he doesn't know of the white-haired man, much less if the guy liked music.

He would sit down; his black cloak and attire would settle down in his seat. When asking if he wants a drink, Kureji nodded. Even though alcoholic drinks have no effect on human puppets, Kureji had specially made his puppets so that when they 'ingest' alcohol, it would feed into the flamethrower compartments, ready to be used at a moment's notice. Downing his drink, he would focus on the man once more.

"No need to apolo-" He was cut off as he saw people standing at the door. A couple of people had looked over at him and he merely placed a finger over his mouth as if to tell them to be quiet. Would they? The real question would be if their fear and uneasiness from the 'man' in black overwrites their fear of the Shrine. But then he turned his head back to the white-haired man as he heard a new voice.

Excitement filled him and he gave the smaller puppet a smile fit for a horror villain. "Wow! You made that body yourself? I haven't met another talking puppet since, well never!" He said addressing the smaller puppet.

He caught himself. This would be the second time he had broken out of character for the type of puppet he has taken control of. He listened as the man named Migoya spoke. "In this form you can call me Oro" This will be an indication to Migoya that each puppet that Kureji owns had its own name. his mind wandered. What is Yamikagure? He's been about everywhere, but couldn't wrap his head of what the place is. "I'm sorry, Migoya, but what exactly is Yamikagure? And who is your friend here?" He was excited to learn more about this individual and his puppet talking friend.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Mikki, uncharacteristically excited at meeting another puppet, put his hands on his hips - causing a bit of the pigeon to squelch against his side and cause him to lean to the right a bit. His 'voice' was a strange experience in and of itself, being 'felt' inside ones head rather than heard.

Talking puppet? OH. You are one of ‘those’ - I thought you were one of the superior god-like creatures such as myself. You were just a human and decided to get more cool - I understand. Good choice! No matter - hang around a few thousand years and you might get to where I am. Oh there ‘you’ are - inside this other puppet man. Hehe… inside… Mikki had clearly 'spoken' to the puppet in the secret language of objects and gotten the dirt on this 'Oro', though what he learned he didnt seem to want to share. Yet. Or he would make stuff up... like now.

Mikki made a rather obscene gesture with his hands, causing the dead pigeon to flop onto the table.

Inside another man… hehe. I once read abo…

“This is Mikki - he is a Tsukumogami, a pervert and a pain in the arse”, Migoya interrupted, moving the dead pigeon to the side of the table, out of sight of any patrons if indeed there were any.

And this is Migoya, a bag of dicks.

Migoya chuckled, picking up the larger clay jug of sake and placing a pale white hand on its base. A very small amount of chakra would flow from his hand and start to heat up the sake slowly. He gazed around the bar, noting the subtle threat that his companion had given to the patrons. In response, several of them noticeably left the bar in a hurry. Such an event would not normally be a bother to Migoya, but getting unwanted attention in a Shrine owned bar was never an easy situation to get out of, and now this ‘Oro’ had put him in a position that might suggest he had something to do with whatever he had just done. The smell of fresh blood on his hand, along with brain matter and bone, probably suggested it had been something fun…

“I guess our waitress has left, no matter Ill heat it myself. Pleased to meet you Oro. Id be very surprised if you knew of Yamigakure - its only a very small village after all. Nothing special, just like most of the many villages around.” The sake started to warm as Migoya stared at it intensely, making sure it was precisely the right temperature. Although his eyes were firmly fastened on the sake, he was keenly aware of every minute thing that was going on around him.

"If I may… did you have something to do with our sudden convenient privacy? Are you here for the bounty perhaps? Or what else brings you to Tsukigakure?" His gaze never left the sake.

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kureji smiled and thought about how a few thousand years of jumping about from country to country causing hell. But before he could reply back to the smaller puppet via thoughts, Migoya spoke up once more introducing the small puppet as Mikki and that he was a Tsukomagami.

"Tsuko... Tsukoma..." Kureji tested the word that Migoya had said to describe Mikki. But all in all, he was stumped, no clue on what Tsukomagami means. "Yeah, what is a tsukomamamia?" He was really having trouble saying the word, along with understanding what it means.

He then paid attention to Migoya heating up the sake. Even though he has been around a while now as a rogua ninja, he often forgets the little things that can be done via chakra other than killing and fighting. To be honest, he was a bit entranced by the simplicity of chakra use. But he was soon snapped out of it when Migoya started talking again. He spoke of his home, a small town just like any other small towns. The puppet thought to himself about what it means to settle down. Wouldn't that get boring after a while?

He then was asked of if he was responsible for the sudden privacy and started rambling off other questions. What did he mean? Then he noticed some blood flecks on his hands. Oh yeah, he did just kill a guy.
"Oh, you mean why everyone seemed worried about what's going on outside? Yeah, it was me. Some good for nothing glutton was annoying me. As for a bounty... Nah, that sounds too boring and complicated for me. No, I'm here to track down my future bandmates that I had met on this Island about a week ago during a rave."

The two individuals that come to mind seemed pretty dope. Definitely the type of people he'd want to continually party with. But where did they go?

"What about you Migoya? You here cuz you heard about a rave and hoped it was still going when you got here?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tsu ku mo ga mi, Mikki uttered like he was speaking to a small child. We are Gods of things and stuff. So yes, I am the God of Puppets - bow before me!

“Tsukumogami are the spirits of objects, brought into consciousness usually through them being around for a long time. Moon country especially is rife with them - so be careful when using items that look particularly old because they may be alive”. It was rather difficult to explain who and what Tsukumogami were as each was an individual. Mikki’s own story was somewhat fragmented and apart from small details, Migoya actually didn't know much about his erstwhile companions' backstory. Perhaps that was a good thing.

But none are as sexy as I am.

“I dont know. Twitch is far more attractive”. Migoya said chuckling, obviously a bit of an inside joke.

That stupid broom! As if. Mikki looked around quickly for a napkin, before using it to wipe off the pigeons blood, before retracting the blade into his small arm. What people dont get is that nearly everything has a spirit in it, not just boring mortals. And they can tell us stuff, though dont talk to swords because they are boring as shi…

It was now that the pigeon, which had been rather dead, fluffed itself up, stood, and started to run past the puppet - the gaping wound still visible but for some reason it was now ‘alive’. [CRPJ: Corpse Hand] It flapped around the table, clearly in an attempt to distract the puppet, which it easily did. Mikki launched himself after it, clearly having a blast.

Having satiated Mikki’s bloodlust for a moment with a rather impressive display of necromancy, though he made it look rather simple, Migoya looked at Oro as he casually described taking care of an ‘annoyance’ as if it were a fly. Morality aside, which Migoya had little of, such actions could have rather serious ramifications of which he was not particularly ready to deal with right now, with the whole ‘start a world war’ thing going on.

Migoya lowered his voice, clearly wanting to impart something important.

“Hmm. A word of advice. Whilst the people around here are annoying and rather stupid in general, they are religiously fanatical. The only thing that wipes out fear and reason is faith, so I would limit how much attention I would call to myself by the Shrine. Whilst individually they are… limited, they are remarkably powerful else they would have been wiped out long ago.”

How true. If they were easily disposed of Migoya would have done so a decade before. Even now his efforts were restricted as he was unable to place informants in key places due to their loyalty to their religion. It was incredibly annoying.

His ears pricked up at the mention of Oro’s purpose here in Tsukigakure.

“Bandmates? Rave? Oh that was you! Hahaha - such chaos. Beautiful. I missed the performance, but enjoyed the result. So you are a musician? What instrument do you play? And your bandmates - are they… forgive me… like you? Shinobi of skill? Are you… unaffiliated with another village at the moment? If so… perhaps… perhaps I have a ‘gig’ for you”.

Migoya lent back after saying this, a strange smirk gracing his pale face as his crimson eyes locked onto Oro’s bloodlust filled ones. His hands rested in front of him, their fingertips touching.

“Why am I here? Perhaps it was fate.” He said dramatically. He then smiled.

“Mostly for supplies. I’m a bit of a traveller. Sorry, I did not ask before - where do you come from? I mean... originally...” The smirk grew wider.

Last edited:

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kureji merely smiled as Migoya and Mikki had a mini conversation with each other all the while learning about the Tsukomagami. Their conversation ended with the man reanimating the pigeon and Mikki chasing it around. He couldn't help but chuckle.

The conversation between Migoya and himself had then turned to the Shrine. He had to admit, the Oro version, the psychopath version, that Kureji acts as couldn't help but frown at what the older man had to say. "You may be right. But there could be one thing that could trump this faith that the Shrine holds dear. Anger, hatred, something that throws common sense and the like out of the window. They may be powerful as you say, but they have yet to prove their very existence to the other countries. But I'll yield as per your request for now."

Once the conversation moved to why he was here, the rave and whatnot, Migoya had asked many questions. Including if he was interested in a 'gig. Kureji then gave the man a sly smile, "Hell yeah I am a musician! I play the guitar! As for my bandmates..." He shrugged, "I don't know. Only met em briefly during the rave, but they seem pretty dope. Gonna ask em once I find them to join my band. As for affiliation, I am affiliated to the Village of Rock and Roll. As for a gig... I have some things planned out first, but after that, it would have to depend. What's the gig, and what's in it not just for me, but my band?"

The final question, one that Kureji raised his eyebrows, though Migoya probably won't see through Oro's black mask. "And what would you do with that information if I told you?" Whilst he was having a pleasant talk with the man, it doesn't mean that he outright trusts him. The year or so of being on his own for so long means that he can only put his trust in very few people. Giving away where he came from would be a foolish move in of its own. "By now, you can probably guess that I am no mere tourist ninja. I'm not keen to having people breathing down my neck, part of why I had left.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Thank you, but don't do it just for me - Id hate to see you in any sort of pointless trouble with the authorities. Now… trouble with a purpose, that… that is something we could work with. And your point about anger and hatred…. You have a very valid point indeed… Interesting”. Migoya looked ‘through’ the puppet for a second, his red eyes glinting as if he recognised that this was not just another ‘dumb’ shinobi looking to slaughter those weaker than themselves. No - this one was a thinker beneath the bravado. This made him far more dangerous, and far more useful. Already the manipulator’s thoughts spun through the many uses for such a beautiful piece - no, not a piece.

A player. If given the right tools and opportunities. And motivation.

“The gig… I think it would be great if Moon continued to have your unique talents displayed - a larger rave perhaps. A louder… more… stimulating one. I could fund such an event of course - perhaps have it down at the docks this time. Add a bit of religious… fervour, and you might get the audience you want. Once you have that audience… well, the real message could then be spread”. Migoya’s hand gestures emphasised his point, his voice failing to hide a little bit of excitement he felt at the ideas that had burst into his head. Naturally Migoya had his reasons for such an endeavour, although his thoughts wouldn't give away the game right now. In any event such a large gathering would cause certain people to take notice… and if they decided to pay such a concert a visit… perhaps certain heads might roll. All he needed was the method of getting them out into the open. “And, should this performance go well, I am happy to provide you with the means and opportunity to ‘go on tour’”.

Kureji then responded to Migoya’s rather pointed and weighted question about his ‘affiliation’. It wouldn't do to have a Leafie spy knowing his movements, and given Yongs rather… abrupt actions in Konoha having an assassin in their employ get close to Migoya could be… annoying. Crimson eyes continued to stare at the darkened orbs of the puppet.

Grinning in a rather disconcerting way Migoya nodded. “Good. I'd be somewhat concerned if you lacked discretion.” The fact that he did not blurt out which village he associated with was even more telling - lacking a clear village meant only one thing. A wonderful thing. “I know the feeling of the cage as well. Freedom clears the mind, and offers opportunities one could not experience whilst ‘locked’ inside walls."

It was then that the door to the bar opened, and the young woman before looked inside towards where the two strange people sat. Her eyes met Migoya’s, and silently something passed between the pair - an understanding of sorts. She turned to look outside. “Sorry your Reverence - the one you are looking for isn't in here anymore. Perhaps he went to the Gilded cage?”. The door shut behind her. Perhaps it was a return of kindness for the kindness Migoya had showed her before. Perhaps it had more to do with the Myakashi agents outside that might have… persuaded her to be silent.

Migoya returned his gaze to Kureji. “Hmm. That will only keep nosy people out of here for so long. Forgive me for being indelicate, but are you able to… change form or the like to disguise your identity. It will only be for a moment… but my operatives need time to clear the air”.

This disclosure, that Migoya was not alone here and that he was actively working against the Shrine hopefully would not be lost on Kureji. It was a dangerous play indeed, but the most dangerous plays reaped the most rewards, and if Migoya could at least maintain this ones interest perhaps… just perhaps…

A burst of feathers between the two indicated that Mikki’s game had finished. Stupid thing didn’t stay dead! Now, what were you two talking about? Who we gunna kill? Oh nice upgrades mate - Id put a flamethrower in for good measure - nothing beats burning stuff, except cutting stuff.

Picking a bloody feather out of his hair, Migoya gave the puppet a grin.

“Our friend Oro here has just been offered a possible gig here in Tsukigakure. To play a concert. Do you think he should do it?”

What… play music? Pfft. Better be good.

“Oh - it will be… how do you youngsters put it - it will be… ‘killer’. Perhaps Ill be a bit clearer to our new friend about who we are - after all we just met over an exploding pigeon. I lead a clan of… disgruntled shinobi with the aims of, well, being ‘free’ from oppressive rules. We are mercenaries of a sort, working for those whose interests and purses align with our own wants and needs. The issue is, the Shrine tends to… limit our activities here, and it’s becoming difficult to operate without them breathing down our neck.”

They are really crazy. They try to exercise us Tsukumogami from things all the time. Morons.

“Exorcise Mikki. And yes… they are morons, but ones capable of such feats. In any event, we always look for talented individuals who are interested in earning a bit of coin, or indeed… other benefits. Its a lonely world out there and”

Are you coming on to him?

“Shut up Mikki. I am merely saying that, like a band, the more members the more powerful we are and opportunities may arise. Allies are rare - allies that will actively support us, even rarer”

His mouth twisted into a smirk as he lent back, his hands going behind his head.

“So - happy to answer any questions. Let us know what your thoughts are.”

Last edited:

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kureji let the man speak, though and through. To hear the man speak as if he has a whole network of people working for him reminds him of his foster father. He wondered in either of their endeavors, if they had met one another. Little did he know that was already the case. He listened to what the man's goals in mind were, close to the destruction of the order of the shrine and its presence in Moon country. Then went on to his network of people, then the penny for his thoughts.

He got up from the table and spoke, "I'll only be gone for a moment, but I'll leave you with a question. What kind of event had made you want to be free from this 'oppressive rules' that you speak of? I'd like to know more. And what do you have in store for the shrine should I help you out?"

With that, he would make a few handseals that Migoya would know to be active camo. Soon the human puppet would turn invisible to the untrained eye. He would further confuse anyone else that maybe watching and made clones. Invisible clones. All four invisible puppets would quietly fan out this way and that to confuse any that would try and follow him, making some risky bets by getting close to Shrine areas only to bypass or back off and go somewhere else. Eventually, the three clones would poof out of existence and the real human puppet would change forms whilst invisible and make its way back to the bar in which Migoya and Mikki had waited at.

Becoming visible to the naked eye once again, the puppet walked through the back door as nobody had batted an eye towards him.

2kYIh3.jpg

The hooded figure complete with a gas mask pulled up the same chair that Oro had sat in and in a gruff and non-chalant voice said, "Yo. You can call me the Revolutionist." How he had carried himself in this form was different than his psychopath puppet. The idea behind the Revolutionist was to be as cool as a cucumber, but still have that sense of danger about him. This time, no freaky smile and near vacant look in the eyes, but this time, a mysterious mask to mask all facial features, and the voice that could belong to a revolution leader.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya feigned surprise as his drinking buddy suddenly disappeared, then cloned himself and effectively ran in different directions. Clever, he thought to himself. Normally he would go for subtle over flashy, but in this instance flashy was to be expected and any pursuers would have expected that from Kureji’s Oro ‘personality’. Yes… this one was good.

He waited patiently, sipping from a wooden mug, for his ‘friend’ to return. Soon a figure would emerge, clad in darkened hooded robes with a fantastic mask. He would have to create something similar at a later date - the look was… wonderful. The very nature of this man, from his voice to his gait, was a totally different figure. This one was a master of puppeteering, and adapting to circumstances - good. It was refreshing to deal with capable people.

As the Revolutionist sat, Migoya’s eyes grew cold and intense, boring through the mysterious mask and looking, as it were, ‘through’ Kureji, ascertaining if indeed this was the same puppet he had just been speaking with. A slight nod from Mikki guaranteed that this was the same individual from before. One could never be too careful.

“Hello dear Revolutionist. Welcome. An… interesting guise indeed. Inner aspects of the man made manifest - such beauty indeed.” The cold stare seemed to disappear, and the crimson eyes once more lit up with hints of dark humour.

“You asked about an event that brought me to this place. An event… events…” He added with added weight to the word. “The events were the deaths of children, massacred by an ANBU Sennin. A young man caught up in ‘events’ being cut down by an uncaring Hokage. An oppressive restriction on personal growth in a gilded cage, where only the selected had the keys. The treatment of those I loved and respected.”

Migoya looked down for a second, a small smile playing on his face.

“And… if I am honest… my own ambition. The world is a canvas waiting to be painted on. Some wish to follow the rules and paint in the lines, whilst others like to experiment or indeed push those boundaries to create new forms of art. Myself - I wish to create that canvas, and the opportunity for others to paint as they will, and if I make some coin on the side all the better”.

Reaching towards a wooden tankard that up until now had sat patiently between the pair, Migoya took a sip of its sweet contents, a fine mead. He placed it down, leaning back as if to show his companion that he was relaxed in his presence. Providing the information this one sought was a fine balancing act - after all, he could be a spy for the Shrine and cause unwanted annoyance if he shared the information Migoya was going to provide. But then again, there was something… familiar about this one, and if their goals aligned all the better.

“Mikki, would you be so kind?”

The puppet, now covered in blood and feathers, would nod wordlessly and seemingly scan the room, talking to the various parts of the building to see if indeed they were alone, and if there were any recording devices located in the immediate vicinity. The Myakashi had naturally scanned the place previously, but this final scan ensured that the trio were certainly alone and not being recorded or scanned.

All good Migo-kun. And you… err Revolutionary. You got a sexy lady puppet in there… yanno, for research purposes…

Migoya continued, ignoring his perverted friend. Mikki, taking some initiative, headed towards the bar.

“The Shrine was originally created to venerate the gods of this area, but, like all things man-made, it was corrupted and now its religion is used to manipulate and oppress the common people. Honestly I would respect their methods - using religion to control the populace is effective after all - but they have both caused my own clanmates to be… disrespected, and hinder my own designs.”

Migoya’s interaction with the Shrine had been transactional, but the rigid control they had over the country stifled the Myakashi’s ability to manipulate from the shadows more so than any other area they had taken hold of. It was both infuriating, but also a very exciting challenge to the necromancer.

“What I want is a weakening of the way that shinobi are caged by the various village systems. The never-ending cycle of conflict will not resolve until individual villages are taken off the board and ninja are capable of choosing their own path in life.”

“So what are my intentions for the shrine?”
Migoya lent forward, his fingertips put together into a peak as he smirked wider. “It would be a shame if they were to… irritate a larger, more established shinobi village would it not? If certain members of the organisation that continue to corrupt and control the innocent through fear were to… disappear, would that not be beneficial to the poor oppressed citizens of Tsukigakure?”

His hands splayed open, looking towards Kuroji as if to ‘read’ his response. A tankard, covered with a bit of blood and feathers, of the fine mead would appear near Kuroji’s hand, Mikki having brought the beverage over from the bar. Yes, a puppet was trying to get another puppet to drink.

‘What picture do you want to paint?”

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The puppet merely would listen as the man spoke. Even as an uncaring, slightly evil puppet with almost no regard for human life, he wondered how such an event had unfolded and why children were the victims of such an act. He himself usually doesn't bother the weak since there is no fun in just going on a random murder spree. No, Kureji wants to have a challenge if he were to fight, that type of thing was fun for him.

Hearing him speak more, the puppet felt as if the man just wants freedom from everything, and is trying to help others. A rather noble act for one that is asking for the help such as the puppet. In the end, he would talk about the Shrine going up against a shinobi Village. A smile crept on the puppets face, unbeknownst to Migoya, a dead raver had a Cloud head band on to put the blame on Kumokagure. And the puppet had just the idea to get the attention of the Shrine and play into this noble act of freeing the people.

As Mikki came back with a tankard, the Revolutionist would merely open a compartment in his arm and carefully pour the alcohol into it, a nice way to use the flamethower compartment. Once asked what picture he wants to paint, the puppet would say, "To be frank with you Migoya. I don't play the whole noble card. I do whatever I choose to do as long as it is exhilarating to me. Maybe I'm an adrenaline junkie. But that's how I keep my life interesting. Luckily for you, I think I have an idea to satiate my need for a thrill and your want to both Shrine to attack a Shinobi Village and for it to lose a member or two."

He got up and looked out, "I'll contact you tonight with the location in mind. Hopefully more surprises are in mind than the ones I have." With that, he would get up once more, but this time, he would leave and not come back.

(topic left)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya nodded slowly in response, his brain working to navigate the mental library within his own mind to place yet another book onto its numerous shelves. This book, its spine etched with the names 'Kureji, Oro, and the Revolutionary'. Oh - he knew this ones real name - a benefit of talking to the puppets he wore, a gift from the Tsukumogami (CRPJ: Mikki's pointless facts (enables Migoya/Mikki to talk to objects - hope this is ok! DM if its an issue). A human puppet who seemed to be working against the Shrine and the other villages... much like himself. Was this the agent Akkuma had spoken of? Migoya decided to hold that card close to his chest, for snitches got stitches.

This human puppet lived for experiences - Migoya could supply those in bulk. Perhaps this one would benefit from meeting Kiko... if he survived the ordeal that is.

Migoya rose when Kureji stood, giving the man a polite, if silent, nod and bow in acceptance as he watched the masked creature leave, the promise of a contact coming in the evening. Good, that meant he could sit back down and muse for the rest of the afternoon in this bar. He sat back down, looking at the remnants of his amber mead as he swirled it absentmindedly in its wooden cup.

"It better be a pleasant surprise Kureji-san."

He better have a lady puppet. Mikki thought to himself, as he started to pull out the unwanted feathers from his joints.

Migoya chuckled before activating his Myakashi seal (CRPJ: Myakashi seal), linking his mind to his operatives around the building. Dressed as locals, his men and women had ensured the safety of their leader, and cleverly set up this particular meeting - although not in precisely the way they wanted.

Myakashi - thank you for your vigilance. Continue your work.

What work that was was secret squirrel, but for now Migoya would simply lean back and take another sip of mead. Mischief was afoot.

[Topic left - thank you Kureji!!]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back