Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[S-Rank Self Mod] Study Notes

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah, mister Do, how nice to see you here again!" Natsu looked up from his scroll, smiled and nodded at the man and returned to his work. "I'm certain you had an amazing trip to Kirigakure. Not that I'd ever go. Good gracious Raiden, no. I don't think I could be on the road for that long. Too much dirt, too little comfort. How could a man ever read a book then, hmmhm? Also, Water Country is much too humid from what I've read. And an awful lot of debauchery too! Apparently there are weekly orgies?" The man droned on, sounding a suspicious lot interested for something he discarded as awful.

"I wouldn't know, Tobira-Sensei. I was too busy forming an Alliance. I did not have much time for sightseeing. Or for gossiping. I was there to work." The Spymaster replied, staring the man hard in the eye. Apparently getting the message, Tobira hastily made a small bow and excused himself. "Well then. We both have work to do still, no doubt. I'm expected at the meeting. The elders are no doubt anticipating my reports." And so the chubby man ran off, giving Natsu the chance to roll his eyes and finally continue on with his work.

Mizugo words are derived by stringing together prefixes, roots, and suffixes. This process is regular, so that people can create new words as they speak and be understood. Compound words are formed with a modifier-first, head-final order, as in Common. Natsu wrote down, pausing for a moment. Considering the educational level of people expected to learn Mizugo, it should be no problem to use such terminology. Just to be certain however, he added a little side note as example. [Compare "birdsong" and "songbird," and likewise, birdokanto and kantobirdo.]

The different parts of speech are marked by their own suffixes: all common nouns end in -o, all adjectives in -a, all derived adverbs in -e, and all verbs in one of six tense and mood suffixes, such as the present tense -as.
The Spymaster scribbled on, settling back into his groove. To expand on this: Plural nouns used as grammatical subjects end in -oj (pronounced like Common "oy"), whereas their singular direct object forms end in -on. Plural direct objects end with the combination -ojn (rhymes with "coin"); -o- indicates that the word is a noun, -j- indicates the plural, and -n indicates the accusative. Adjectives agree with their nouns; their endings are plural -aj (pronounced "eye"), accusative -an, and plural accusative -ajn (rhymes with "fine").

Similar so for Verbal Suffixes. When indicating the Verbal Tense: the Present form employs -as; Past -is; Future -os. However, if the Verbal Mood is to be indicated, the suffixes applied are as followed: Infinitive -i; Jussive -u; Conditional -us.
This was truly an element Natsu felt comfortable at. Languages were an incredible thing, able to convey so much information. And he felt proud to be so adapt at speaking several. Of course, that pride should be shared and should any want to learn the Mizugo tongue, Natsu would be willing to oblige. If all conditions were met, of course.

Several days later, Natsu had compiled the last of his notes. Marching straight up to the desk, he spotted Tobira behind it. "My, my Tobira-Sensei. I did not know a scholar like you handled administration. Were you not working on creating a cipher, before I left to Kirigakure?" The man's expression soured visibly, and he muttered something about a meeting and stuck-up elders before requesting what he could do for Natsu. "Archive this for me. Highest level, same protocol as Classical Ancient Kumogakure. Written consent of the Raikage and full background check before even getting to see these scrolls. This information is vital, you hear me?"

[Word Count: 627]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back