Sage Mode - Ability
View attachment 849
Natural Energy is the purest form of chakra that exists in the world and atmosphere, and Senjutsu is the practice of combining and shaping it with ones own chakra to produce effects grander than either could create on their own. Those who have learned this ability have earned the title of Sage within their contract, and by interacting with Natural Energy, can undergo a special transformation that enables them to gain features and skills normally limited to contracts themselves. Just as there are many types of contracts, there are also many types of Sages in the world, and while the basics of Senjutsu may be learned by many with enough time and effort, it can only truly be mastered by few.
Prerequisites: C-Rank, a Contract
- The user may enter Sage Mode when they use Contract Summoning; When the user enters Sage Mode they gain the following effects:
- 25% of their current chakra is converted into a separate pool of Natural Energy.
- The user gains access to their contract's unique Ability, Special Move and Jutsu. If they have multiple contracts, they must choose one upon entering Sage Mode. Any cooldowns/usage limits in the user's 'Specialized Ability' are independent of their contract's, despite sharing other restrictions.
- The Sage Mode must be entered to grant its effect. Sage Mode costs no AP to activate, only for a Contract Beast to be summoned.
- The user does not need to enter the same Sage Mode as the contract that was summoned. (Eg if the user has a Bird and Deep Sea contract, and they summon they Bird Contract Beast, they may enter the Deep Sea Sage Mode)
- If the user is a Dark Sage they may choose a Sage Mode as normal when they use Impure World Resurrection
- Sage Mode lasts until the user runs out of Natural Energy, or 30 seconds have passed after they entered Sage Mode (any unused Natural Energy will be lost at this time).
- Sage Mode requires a 10 second cooldown after use.
- Natural Energy may used for Senjutsu Techniques gained from Sage Mode or the user's other techniques.
- The user must use Natural Energy for the full cost of a technique. If an action would cost an amount greater than the user's current Natural Energy, they will pay the remainder as CP, after which Sage Mode would immediately end (the action will still gain the full effects.
- Natural Energy cannot be damaged or recovered directly, unless specifically stated otherwise.
- The user may only enter Sage Mode for one contract at a time, regardless of the amount of contracts they possess.
- The user is considered 'Holy' while the Sage Mode is active.
- The Sage Mode, Curse Seal and Genetic Implant ability are mutually exclusive; if you have one, you cannot have another.
Last edited by a moderator: