Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Sand Worm Combat Training [Class]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
A familiar sight for those that have traveled this path before. Down a lengthy stone hall lit with oil lamps where the flames and shadows danced to an unheard song was a heavy iron door. The classroom door that should never have been unlocked was actually an old library sealed away for decades that housed ancient texts long forgotten by its readers. The Annals of the Conqueror were housed in the back room, although the present keeper was unaware of this. The scorch marks from the week before still scarred the frame of the entryway. Books of varying ages and languages as well as their signs of wear were housed on the great shelves.

In the back of the room there was a large sign:
حوليات الغازي<i></i>,. This time the door was left ajar, a treasure had bee found in the back of the room behind this door. It was likely against protocol to do what she planned this day but it would be a good experience for the students before they hit the field. An overturned bookshelf blocked the door from opening any more than the inch that it already was. The raspy sounds of something sounded like lion roars to the Hashigake who was still tender from her student's mayhem last week. These students showed a lot of promise, the troublemaker might be the death of her and the star student would likely make ANBU Captain once her cousin Kazekage Sousuke got a hold of him.

Today she was simply dressed in comparison to her usually strange attire. A pair of worn sneakers and a really big white T-shirt that was cinched at the waist with a thick clunky belt. It actually looked like a normal outfit for the most part, not that she realizes that she was just wearing a 3XL T-shirt on her small frame that she assumed was a dress. She also carried ear muffs this time, they were fuzzy and pink and they would save her brain if there were any loud noises to be heard. She had a quick lecture planned for today followed by some practical combat training. She cracked her hands, the audible pop and snap of her joints was disconcerting. Too young for arthritis. Hmmm.... a worry for another time.

She waited for the class to start.

MFT

Sawada Shunichimaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah, the reprieve for the start of a great day in Shunichimaru’s life. He lay in his bed awaiting the sun to disrupt his dream sequence. Though, the sun would not do so. It would be, “Time to get up son. You have to go to school.” the words of his father. “I don’t want to go.” The young shinobi replied without opening his eyes, and following that up with the roll over. “What? Don’t you want to show your friend your now puppet?” “I hate that place. All I am is a troublemaker and a terrible stu….” And in an instant the Sawada child went from talking to eating sand.

“What…?” The child looked like those idiots who tried to cinnamon challenge when he coughed up all sand he wolfed down. “Are you okay son?” Takamaru patted Shunichimaru on the back to help get out the excess sand. “Those gusts of wind can be dangerous.” “Gusts of wind?” Shunichimaru finally clears out some of the sand in his throat and he starts to focus on where he’s at. “Where…? I’m outside!!!” Shunichimaru looks around to see he is in the mist of the Sunagakure. His lied right in front of the village’s academic facility. “When did I…? When did this…?” He looks down at himself and sees he’s fully dressed. “When did I get dressed?”

“Son, yesterday you worked yourself a little too hard. So, I decided this morning to let you sleep in and I took care of everything. I bathed you, dressed you, brought you here, and I have to ask, how does your teeth look?” Takamaru places a mirror in the face of his son. “My eyes!” The boy covered his eyes while he rolled around his bed. “I must have done a good job. You’re almost blind.” “Dad I think you over did it this time.”

“Son you have to get up. You’re going to be late!” Takamaru helped his son up to his feet and pushed toward the school building. “Oh wait.” He snatched his son, hugged him, placed the protective padding on him again, and gave him a rice ball. "It has a boiled egg wrapped with a strip of bacon inside." He pushed his son toward the school again. “I love you son. Have a nice day at school.” Shunichimaru walked toward the building with a look of rattled nerves. “This place again.” He thought. “Why father?” He looks back to see if his father was still there, but he was gone. Though, he did see something, his new puppet Dachi on his shoulder.

“Dachi!” The young shinobi cried out. He used his puppeteer ability to maneuver his new friend around the air. “This could be a good day.” He takes a bite of the rice ball. Shunichimaru made his way to the same room he was yesterday. There awaiting him the same sensei. “Konnichiwa, Takahashi Sensei.” He said followed by a bow. Any could see the boy was still nervous but he was a little bit more relaxed today and wants to learn.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Just getting started with you, there is the possibility of 2 other classmates but I do not want to stagnate your threads. Also, nyce clip.

Most of the (NPC) class was already here, chatting and showing off the latest in shinobi wares. One was quite proud of their Osufune Shuriken and another their Akamichi Dietary Shake. Shiori started her class after the troublemaker entered the room. This time he had a puppet, she nodded approvingly at the notion of a puppeteer among her pupils. The former Kazekage was an excellent puppeteer. She had no talent for the things, in fact they somewhat creep her out with their beady eyes always staring and only blinking when their master made them do so if he even remembered.

"Alright class, I am going to get things started now. Today's class is a lecture on Genjutsu." She announced as she started to hum soft melody between her spoken words. "A Genjutsu is a type of technique that uses illusions to gain an advantage. It is uncommon for someone to specialize in Genjutsu but it is not impossible," she explained. Genjutsus are for the most part not damaging but they have great buffs and debuffs that when used appropriately can turn the tides of battle. The fact that genjutsus cause little to no damage makes them a series of techniques that someone should not use solely because they is no way to finish off or subdue the opponent. "Genjutsuists are limited by the senses of their opponent. As such there is only four senses: will, kinetic, visual, and audial. Even if you are not an expert illusionist, I recommend learning the more important techniques or the ones that you feel would be the greatest threat to you." She warned. Although a shinobi may recognize that there is something "not right" about a situation, that does not mean that they will know what is not right. Some illusions are more inert than others. those with knowledge of illusions are often at an advantage against a fellow illusions user because they would be able to recognize the illusion by name if they too use the same technique and discover that they are under the effect of an illusion.

Shiori continued to hum. "Some shinobi have alternate ways of casting genjutsus as well, such as through their voice. Be aware of your opponent and what makes them unusual. IF they are singing in battle... they are doing something. IF they have weird eyes... consider obscuring your vision of them. You may not know the details of their skills or their abilities, but a genjutsuist can be extremely dangerous. They can make you fight against your allies or make your fighting skill ineffective. An illusion alone will never kill you, but it can disorient you enough that you cannot fight back." The doom and gloom of this lecture was always depressing. Sometimes she felt she placed genjutsu up on a bit of a pedestal because it was her chosen strength. In battle she recently became acutely aware of how minute the effect of her genjutsus were in the absence of follow-up techniques.

Shiori continued to hum between statements. "A trick to be aware of is filling your own sense slots with beneficial illusion techniques, IF your beneficial technique is no longer affecting you... it is very probable that an offensive illusion has just been used against you." Although this trick had its limitations, such as the fact that a person had to first know beneficial genjutsu to use it, it was to a level beneficial. Of course an offensive genjutsu used on oneself would also confer similar 'benefit' by being lost making it a noticeable change, but who would be crazy enough as to want to diminish their own capacity before someone else tried. "The most important technique that you will ever learn is CANCEL. Although this is a non-elemental ninjutsu technique, this technique will actively work against a genjutsu that was cast on you. You would need to know that you are under a genjutsu otherwise it would be a waste of time and chakra in battle."

By this time her humming had reached a crescendo. She was casting a genjutsu on the class through her song, a skill that her clan possessed. INTIMIDATION was the name of the terrible genjutsu that she used. It was a weaker version of fear, a stronger will-based genjutsu. Intimidation creates a sense of trepidation in the target(s), by feeding off of a person's insecurities, short-comings and phobias this illusionary technique diminishes an opponent's ability to reasonably battle. "This is an example of an illusion, rather basic and something a genin-level illusionist would be capable of. There are greater illusions than this by far. The point of this technique is fear being used as a weapon." A high-pitched shriek could be heard in the back of the room beyond the barricaded door. She then stopped the humming as well as her genjutsu ceased.

She let out a cough as she gestured to the back of the room. "Today I have a very specific exercise for you... this is NOT an illusion. Behind that door is a baby sandworm. As a class we are going to kill it." Although there is a great leap between sandworms and genjutsu, young sandworms are allegedly weak against genjutsus or so she had heard. This would give her students some practical experience against a creature if they wished to specialize in genjutsu attacks. With the change in the focus of the class Shiori went on to discuss the particulars of a sandworm encounter: "There are several little-known facts about sandworms. First, sandworms are mostly melee taijutsu creatures except for a single ranged technique that involves snaring an opponent and ultimately swallowing them. In addition, the body of a sandworm is covered in natural armor that makes damaging them physically rather difficult but not impossible. Lightning techniques are strong against sandworms, something known due to their natural enemy the carnosaur (a lightning-breathing lizard that is the natural predator of the sandworm). And finally, old sandworms (the size of apartment complexes) are strong against genjutsu and even have a few of their own; young sandworms are weak against genjutsus." Of course these facts may be a lie, perhaps the narrator is confused. Shiori had never actually faced a sandworm either, they were very rare creatures indeed, Barynx the Ancient was the closest she had ever gotten to an actual worm and he had been dead for perhaps a millenia. She actually came upon the worm by chance when she explored the classroom the other day, the sealed door in the back of the room held something (the Annals of the Conqueror, although the was unaware of this). There was a nest in the room with a single baby worm. By baby, the create was larger than a refrigerator and likely over a century in age, but still smaller and younger than the ageless creatures of lore. What she knew all came from stories. This was actually just as exciting for her as it would be for anyone else involved.

"Can someone open the door to let it in?"

MFT

Renochi Komogu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MEMOIRS

“I’ll be leaving soon mother.” Reno said as he leaned over and gave his mother a sincere hug. As he loosens his hug around his mother he kissed her on the forehead. “Alright mom, I’ll be right back soon.” Before he breaks the hold his mother brought him back to her with a stronger embrace than his hug. Reno smiled as he allowed her to continue her tight grapple around his upper torso. “I’m sorry mother I almost forgot.” Reno lifted his arms from her hold and surrounded them around her shoulders whilst kissing her on her forehead again. “That one is from old man.” At that moment she closed her eyes and smiled. “Love you mother, I’ll be back soon.” They both let go and Reno walked to the door, and then came to a halt as he clinch the door handle. For a minimum of seconds, from the point of view of his mother, she had seen a shadow image of her beloved exiting the door. “Come home love.” The words utter from his mother as Reno closes the door.

As Reno made his way to the academy the memories of his class were bizarre. The heavy wardrobe of Shunichimaru was outlandish and the clothing of Shiori- sensei was eccentric. Their clothing made Reno believe he was a guest judge of a Lady Gaga runaway. “Wait who is Lady Gaga?” He scratches his head as he made his way inside the academy. When he made it to his room he opens the door and first he notice was the room is filled with multiple students. Afterwards he notices his awkward wardrobe classmate Shunichimaru. However, this time he had contained a puppet with him. “That looks nice with you Ichi-kun.” The words uttered. Then he glances at his Shiori-sensei and says “Sorry for being late again Sensei.”

Wc | 308
[Mft]

Sawada Shunichimaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After the formal introduction, Shunichimaru took a sat and listened to the current lecture. Today’s theme happened to be Genjutsu. He was neither one to use genjutsu nor truly any jutsu. His only shinobi talent is puppetry. His constant thought while receiving his education was, “I’m gonna fail two days in a row!” Eventually the fear of failure would intensify midway through the lecture but that was due secretly by the sensei. But the fear would reach its climax upon the rude introduction by the sandworm infant. “What…what was that?” was spouted from the mouth of the terrified kid.

"Today I have a very specific exercise for you... this is NOT an illusion. Behind that door is a baby sandworm. As a class we are going to kill it." Were the words of his teacher but they would echo in the mind of Shunichimaru. His classmate from the previous class would make a late arrival but Shunichimaru did not realize. He did not even acknowledge that his peer spoke to him. The kid may have been overreacting to the situation. He must not truly see himself as a shinobi and understand what this is what shinobi does. Then the pressure was taken to a whole ‘nother level. "Can someone open the door to let it in?" A WHOLE ‘NOTHER LEVEL.

Subconscious, hyper drive, “Now she wants someone to let it out? Not me! Someone else do it! No wait! Nobody do it! Don’t let it get free!” The boy’s thoughts just kept going and going and going, you get the point. The question was posed again, why is he…wait. He looks down and sees his puppet fell of his shoulder. “Dachi.” The boy uttered. He gently rubbed the puppet while calming his nervous and acknowledging his peer. “Komogu is here.” He thought. His attention goes back to the front of the class. “I wonder who’s going to let the thing out?”

[MFT]

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And so it begins...

Catching the tail end of Shiori's lecture, he would enter the classroom trying his best not to disturb the lesson. Slipping his way casually to the back of the room, he could feel his heart flutter about anxiously inside of his chest. The nervous reaction he was experiencing was for the children sake and safety, he couldn't believe this was actually going to happen. He had never seen a real life sandworm, so his eyes were like saucers, as he gazed in horror at the cage it was being kept in. "How did she manage to capture it? Did she do it by herself? And where had she found the blasted creature?" His mumbled thoughts escaped his lips, barely a whisper under his breath, drawing no attention towards him. Looking away from the cage, he would focus on the teacher, Shiori. Startled, he would finally realize for the first time that she was dressed normally...well relatively so. Her t-shirt was on the larger side, but still, it was normal apparel, not a furry animal costume. She almost seemed professional.

Glancing around the room, his eyes would study the children's reaction to this news. It would seem most of them were as skeptical to the idea of releasing a wild animal into the classroom as he was. None of them had yet to volunteer to open the cage. "Smart class.." He would chuckle loudly. Embarrassed he had said that aloud, he would attempt to muffle the sounds of his laughter, by quickly cupping his hands over his mouth to silence himself. He had to imagine though, that all of this was just delaying the inevitable. If the children didn't do it, she was most likely going to do it for them. His eyes would once again drift and settle in on the teacher. Was she crazy...or was she just spontaneous and exciting? The jury was still out.

[Topic Entered]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Sorry, been a bit under the weather the past few days.

IC:
She was crazy... But who wouldn't be after living their entire recalled life in a hole. Sometimes she dreamed about the world above without the raging storms, it was as if she could feel the sun and warm, arid breeze. She would always then snap back to reality. She had never left the raging storm, she had spent her entire life underground someplace. She had found the sandworm a few days earlier, it was exactly where it is now actually. There was no skill involved in its capture because it was never captured.

It looked like nobody wanted to open the door. "Smart class.." A smart @$$ announced, Shiori turned to scold the student source only to recognize after a moment that it was one of her cousin's friends. "Good you're here friend of Sousuke... not entirely sure how violent Sandworms are," she announced in greeting. She grunted as she heaved the door with both hands. There was no light in there but Shiori could see everything clearly because the world was always a veil of darkness. There was something large, about the size of a sports car in the only partly man-made space. The walls were in fact lined with stone, each stone had a runic carving on it, much like the books on the shelves of the room they were written in a language that was long-forgotten. There was a pedestal in the back of the room, over a hundred feet away. It appeared that the pedestal housed a book that seemed to be left undisturbed after an undefined period of time that likely exceeded decades. There was something sleeping, a low growl could be heard in candidacy with its natural breath rhythm. That was in fact the sound of the creature snoring. Fleshy, grey in hue although that fact was unknown to the blind-woman, its segments were noticeable as well as its thick almost scaly exterior. It is said that Sandworms have natural protection from the elements and world around them thanks to the organic plating on their body.

The space was actually a nest, something that Shiori did not initially recognize. There was a hole, large gaping hole off to the side that went into the nothingness. This baby worm likely had a mother that was aware of the location of her child. There were several other questions to be had of course as well, such as why they settled there as well as why they had not broken through other walls and made their home in the library itself or even the residences of homes. It was even curious to wonder, why nobody had noticed the worms here before.

"Hmm... that is disappointing," Shiori uttered. "It's sleeping," she complained. That was quite rude of the monster, sleeping like this. "Who wants to wake it up?"

OC: OK, this is basically a chance to practice some jutsus and to see how a few rounds go in battle -- even if you are not a PVP'er someone else might engage you in combat or you might want to take part in an event. Personally, I feel that our battle system is a fun extension of the game but it is hard for most people to understand and it has went through a lot of changes since I started here in 2006/7 (cannot remember the year anymore). Most information that you need can be found HERE. Once a battle starts (which will be after the next post since if nobody else wakes it up I will in some suicidal way), there is usually a form of notification such as CALL FOR B-MOD or a request for stats to be sent to a certain person. The information wanted by B-mods is as follows:
  • Stats
  • List of jutsus
  • Bloodline/core ability (if you have one which is unlikely)
  • Class (likely Rookie class)
  • List of abilities
  • The moves you plan to make for a round.
A round consists of as many moves as you all have AP for. Your AP is determined by your rank, so an E-Rank member has only 1 AP. For the sake of interest (since doing 1 move is as boring as heck, I am tripling everyone's AP per "round" so that the rounds have a sense of satisfaction. As for puppetry -- my old character was a puppeteer much to mod's dismay because puppetry is basically like an additional system within the battle system. I strongly recommend looking at the AP specifically for puppets so that you know what you can do in a round.

Sawada Shunichimaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The emotional roller coaster continues for the Sawada youth. “Now she wants one of us to go wake it up?” He thought as his face clearly expressed he wished he never reached to appropriate age to attend school. “Is this lady insane? Does she not realize that sandworms have killed countless Jounin level shinobi? Even though it is supposed to be a baby sandworm it is still probably deadly enough to kill us all!” his continuing thoughts. Dachi, his puppet, soon garnered his attention. “How can we get out of this one my dear friend?” The puppet stood in his hand motionless. It would seem the puppet would give silent words of reason as Shunichimaru turned his attention from Dachi to his fellow peer, Renochi Komogu.

“Komogu.”, the name uttering through his head. For good reason though as he would be the one who would wake the sleeping beast. Though it would also be bad reason as he would wake up the sleeping beast and Shunichimaru would have to deal with it. The second reason was not something he was contemplating. He just did not want to be the one to wake the beast. In a soft voice, the youth says the kid next to him, “Ko…Komogu. Are you going to wake the sandworm?”

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Friend of Sousuke? Was he? The odd gum obsessed man hadn't even said goodbye...but his weird little robotic lizard had. How bizarre had that day been? Incredibly. He thought, staring out of the window, having been completely distracted by her comment. Turning back just in time to see her open the cage, Asagao found himself suddenly preparing to intervene if need be. There were young children about, this whole thing could go belly up and a handful of these students could wind up going in one end of the sandworm only to come out another. That would be very bad for everyone...especially the janitor.

Reaching into his sleeve, he would equip a kunai blade and keep it ready to launch. The door flew open and....and...nothing, the damn thing was asleep. Relaxing a bit, he would let out a sigh of relief that nobody had yet to be killed, or maimed, or squished, or brutally injured in some horrific turn of events; it was clear his imagination was beginning to get the best of him. Looking over at Shiori, he could see the wheels spinning rapidly inside of her head. If one of these kids didn't wake up the young sandworm, then she was going to. It seemed that no matter what happened, there was going to be a fight of some kind here today.

ooc: sorry, I totally lost track of this topic while waiting for the other student to post. =S

Renochi Komogu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching Shiori-sensei opened the cage to unconceal the trapped sandworm. By first impressions when the sandworm’s cage was opened, it looked harmless. It lay in the innocently, not moving even an inch even though it was sleep. “I’m sure even though it’s sleep, the sandworm’s senses should be alarmed. What a pathetic monster.” Reno stood from his chair and clinched his right fist. “I wonder what it would take to wake it up.” Slowly, but determined he paced his way towards to the monster. “Am I insane for thinking of doing this? No….no I am just doing this I can prove I have balls. No don’t think of such things, that is nothing of arrogance and stupidity.” Once he stood in front of the sandworm, the body full of youth stood frozen.

“This is intense; maybe we should just have the teacher awaken the small beast. However, that would amount to nothing, because I’m no yellow belly coward.” Gradually his arm began to cock back with a balled fist until his shoulder touched the back of neck. “Don’t think too much of it, just do it. Just do it….JUST do it…..JUST DO it…..JUST DO IT.” With sheer power his balled fist slices through the clashing to into a random part of it’s body. Then cocked back the other arm with another punch. Afterwards he jumped back into a defensive boxing stance.

OoC | Sorry for the delay, and italic means thinking.

Actions
- The One-Two
- Defensive Stance

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was unscrewing the doorknob from the door, she had no trust in doors with locks. Especially old doors with old locks. If there was a secondary exit from the room she was unfamiliar, in fact she was not familiar with this room in the first place. Likely a room that was barricaded when it became a worm nest. Why previous shinobi unit or even classes like hers did not attempt to exterminate these pests was beyond her. Surely there was a cactus-hugging socialite that campaigned against cruelty to sandworms or other dangerous creatures. Silly people. It looked like a big flesh-colored maggot, resting on a stone floor. Admittedly it was kind of cute, all sleepy in a stumpy coil. Beyond it was blackness and the pedestal but there was even more space still, something Shiori had only noticed just then. A roughly made tunnel that went on for what seemed liked forever. The sounds stopped reverberating before there was an end point. For a moment she was more interested in what lay beyond the sleeping babe, what adventure did this forgotten tunnel have. There was no time to think about that now, she had a class to run.

She frowned, fearful for a moment that there would not be any takers. She was about to let out an exasperated sigh and wake the beast on her own. The doorknob fell into her hand. She had tried to break the door off of its hinges this morning before class but the door refused to be displaced. She did not know a second way out of the room, if there was a way out and she had no interest in remaining trapped in the space for an indeterminate period of time if they were locked in, even if they would have a lot of baby worm to eat. She wondered if they were edible. There was a rumor that worm meat was a delicacy but that the meat was gross, it had a jelly-like yet hard, almost gristle-like texture. Well, maybe the students would like to eat the meat. They could use a bit of meat on their bones anyways.

Renochi woke the Sandworm. Disoriented. Restless. Irritated. Yes, the Sandworm was awake and it was annoyed. It reflexively thrashed about in response to the assault, the motions hard and fast enough to knock Renochi back several feet if he did not jump out of harm's way. It then rose from its half coil, beady eyes if they were even eyes inspected the intruders with a momentary period of perhaps interest. That was before it opened its maw, filled with rows of sharp, uneven and yellowed teeth, from the depths of its throat came a harpoon-like implement aimed for Asagao. This first attack would be a miss, not because of any evasion attempt if there was one but because the release was wild and uncontrolled. The harpoon was a feeding mechanism that Sandworms possessed that was used to impale and then pull in prey. Sandworms are said to eat their prey whole, although nobody has seen a worm eat and lived to tell the tale. This would not explain the presence of the teeth (used to chew through rock). This would be a fascinating first for them if the worm does eat something or someone because they would then know for sure. The harpoon aimed for Asagao missed and quickly retracted back into the worm. It was still groggy but it had awakened and it is also apparently hungry.

"Ha! Wonderful, it is awake!" Shiori cheered, elated over her success as well as the fact that the worm was violent.

The worm focused its next harpoon at Shiori.

----

OC: OK, there are a few things to know about this. This is only a pseudo-battle so there is going to be no deaths. This is just a chance to try out some of your moves/combos in a safe and controlled environment. The worm has several attacks: a shredding attack where it bites with its teeth. A harpoon-like attack where it impales (not a kill) a player often in an extremity or a non-lethal section of the torso and then pulls the player in over the next 3 rounds, freedom is achieved by damaging the retracting cord (for a lack of a better term). A thrashing attack where the force of the body of the worm is used to cause blunt damage on multiple players (AOE). A sweeping attack where it attempts to use blunt damage against a single target but also causes knock back that is often represented in AP loss to return to melee range. If successfully swallowed, the worm does not get an auto-kill on the player but rather they are consumed and take a percent of max HP in damage per round due to digestive juices and they can continue to attack from the inside of the worm. The worm's exterior is made of a hard organic material that can only be described as an exoskeleton plating that covers the segments without limiting mobility, so it takes less damage. On the plus side, sand worms are huge and their evasion is quite low so hitting them is not difficult. As for their mental capacity, that varies in accordance with their age. Where babies lay on this spectrum is something that would have to be seen. As for other techniques, there are a few but they would not make sense in here and with the age of the worm.

Also, for the sake of speed and so the rounds can be more "interesting", I am going to mod triple the AP for Renochi and Shunichimaru so that you guys can do more than 1 thing per round. Just link me to your profiles (make sure that they are up to date) and we can do a few rounds of attacks. No need to PM me moves you can post them at the bottom of your post, unless you really want to PM them because the sandworm is not going to cheat/metgame.

Sawada Shunichimaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The monster has been awakened. The young sandworm’s slumber was interrupted by the Sunagakure’s shinobi in training, Renochi Komogu. His actions separated him from the rest of the pack as the fear level amongst the younger shinobi rose dramatically. Though, no one in the room would be more terrified than Shunichimaru. He sat in disbelief in not only the actions of his peer but the seer danger that everyone was now in.

“Ko…Ko…hel…p…m…” Fear has even sunk through his skin, into his veins and nervous system, and shot to his brain. The boy did not know what to do. On one hand he wanted to run as far as he could but on the other he did not want to move so the worm would not even notice him. It would seem going with his second mind is the perfect idea as the worm is seeking out vengeance for being waken up starting with the jounin.

Attacks fired at the jounin were the signal the fight has begun. As the two on one battle was about to begin, the Sawada boy was in no mood to participate. The screeching monster seemed to dominate the room and not because of its size. Its domination stemmed from the continuous absorption of attention. The danger in the room was raising and the motionless Shunichimaru was an easy target. The only good thing about the boy’s stand in the fight was the false pretense that his puppet was defending him but the way it happened to be positioned. Dachi, the puppet, happens to be staring down the sandworm as it is standing in front of his puppetmaster. Hopeful, the sandworm is not smart or reckless enough to attack the boy.

Actions:
- Nothing

[MFT]

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And so would it begin.

Tensing up, his muscles would tighten and lock into place, restricting is overall movement, greatly hindering his reflexes and response time. As the boy's little fist made contact, slugging the baby sandworm in the face, only visions of death, horror, and carnage raced through Asagao's mind. He had witnessed Shiori removing the doorknob - which he thought was a brilliant idea - but felt his heart practically burst from his chest when the worm lunged at her with its harpoon strike. If she were to die, then it would be only him left to protect the class, which was a responsibility he did not want at all. He was only supposed to be observing the mayhem, not actively participating in it.

The Sandworm's attacks were far quicker than anyone one might of expected. The fact that this beast was only a baby was simply horrifying. Envisioning one much larger, one much more adept at fighting, and more hungry for meat, was a truly terrifying prospect. How exactly had this woman managed to get this creature into the classroom?

Keeping his eye on the students, one boy would stand out in particular, as he did not seem to be enjoying this exercise at all. Moving over to his location, Asagao would stand confidently beside him, repressing his own fears, attempting to make the boy more at ease with the current situation. "Don't worry, kid. Nothing is gonna happen. I got your back." His smile was a kind and reassuring one. Reaching over he would pat Shunichimaru lightly on the shoulder and withdraw a Kunai from his sleeve. He was not gonna let anything happen to these children.

ooc: Post is bleh. =/

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Been 5 days since Asagao's post if in order of post; beyond a week since last post for Renochi's last post in here. Will do up a pseudomod and post tonight and be doing rounds without him for now.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sennin.jpg

Shiori
HP: 42,000 (-5,000) 37,000
CP: 33,000 (-3190) 29,810
AP: 10 (-9.5) 0.5
Status: Bleed 1; attached to barbed tendril and being pulled towards the Sandworm (5 rounds until consumed)

Shiori's Ghost Dancer
HP: 2,635
AP: 3

avi4_zpsf42984c6.jpg

Asagao
HP: 45,000 (-500) 44,500
CP: 33,000
AP: 10
Status: Fine, knocked back 10 feet from where he was previously standing; under the effects of Requiem

Shunavi1_zpsa0d7d3a7.jpg

Shunichimaru
HP: 1,950
CP: 1,950

wormyjayce.jpg

Sandworm
HP: 10,000 (-2438) 7562
AP: 5

Her hands ran through a series of familiar seals, the sound and air began to vibrate and condense. She was using a technique known "Ghost Dancer," a sound-based ninjutsu. These sounds eventually took form, the form of a chained wraith -- the Untouched. A silent ally in many ways for a lonely child, it was also a battle asset. "Gonna be cast'n a Gen-Song," she announced. After her brief announcement/warning, she then started to sing the song of her people. It was a depressing, even gloomy melody that would pull on the sinews of any heart. This of course was any heart, not just those who offended her. This was not a purposeful action, rather something she simply did not know about her bloodline limit. The song seemed to suck the will and desire for battle from all listeners.

An organic tendril shot from the maw of the Sandworm, it was several feet long and barbed. It shot through Shiori's flank. She let out a scream, she was surprised at how much pain she was in. A trickle of blood ran down her side, the barbs took hold from her back. She felt a tug, it was pulling her forward, towards its open mouth with rows of short teeth. It was a baby worm, a BABY. While she was attached and being drawn in, the worm thrashed about violently. Perhaps she made a mistake letting this beast loose. Nobody was doing anything. Did they think that this was some kind of trick or illusion?

Her hands were free, although her voice was still singing that terrible melody, she was still capable of putting up a fight. The sandworm thrashed about and let out a horrid cry that resonated through the cavern. Despite being impaled she ran her hands through another set of seals. She launched another wind attack, a tendril of air, Wind Scythe. "Get... Me... OFF... of... THIS...!" Shiori yelled between parts of her song. Shiori let off another series of blasts of air (Tempest), her brow furrowed at the revelation that her attacks are not doing nearly what she assumed that they should. She felt another tug as she was drawn in. The worm seemed winded by her last attack but it did not loosen the grip it had on her as it continued to tug her closer.

The worms segments twisted about as it lunged itself at at Asagao and knocked him back several feet. It had changed focus from Shiori, who it already had to Asagao.
WC: 420
[MFT]

Actions:
  • 2.00 sec| Shiori creates a Ghost Dancer
  • 4.00 sec| Shiori sings "Requiem of Death" (Mastered) Asagao resists, Shunichimaru and the sandworm are effected by this genjutsu.
  • 5.00 sec| Sandworm attacks Shiori with a barbed tendril - CRITICAL SUCCESS, it has attached itself to her and it is pulling her in.
  • 5.33 sec| Ghost dancer does a basic attack on the Sandworm -- SUCCESS
  • 6.00 sec| Shiori uses Tempest on the Sandworm -- SUCCESS x3; failed to cause the "Uplift" effect.
  • 7.50 sec| Sandworm thrashes about, causing damage and mild disorientation to Shiori, Shunichimaru and Asagao.
  • 8.00 sec| Shiori uses Wind Scythe on the Sandworm -- SUCCESS; failed to cause the 'Wind Slice' effect.
  • 8.66 sec| Ghost dancer does a basic attack on the Sandworm -- SUCCESS
  • 9.50 sec| Shiori uses Air Bullet on the Sandworm -- SUCCESS; caused 'Gaspless' effect.
  • 10.0 sec| Sandworm attacks Asagao with its segmented torso, causes minor knock-back (10 feet) and minor damages.

Note:
  • Normally Genjutsus are secret/hidden actions so normally you would not know that you are under a genjutsu. IC, she announces the fact that she is using a genjutsu on you guys, so you both would have IC knowledge of this. This is important if using techniques such as Cancel.
  • Take a peek at battle rules, like I said... this is a pseudo battle so it is just a chance to get used to actions, also (if you have not noted the size of this create) it cannot evade because it is the size of a barn (not in a metaphorical sense) so do not worry about not being able to hit anything.
  • Commonly actions are PM'ed to prevent metgaming, but we are not going to be doing that (unless you want to) and heck any awesome tricky things you can think of would be awesome to actually read about.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Sand Worm Combat Training [Closed]

Takahashi Shiori said:
A familiar sight for those that have traveled this path before. Down a lengthy stone hall lit with oil lamps where the flames and shadows danced to an unheard song was a heavy iron door. The classroom door that should never have been unlocked was actually an old library sealed away for decades that housed ancient texts long forgotten by its readers. The Annals of the Conqueror were housed in the back room, although the present keeper was unaware of this. The scorch marks from the week before still scarred the frame of the entryway. Books of varying ages and languages as well as their signs of wear were housed on the great shelves.

In the back of the room there was a large sign:
حوليات الغازي<i></i>,. This time the door was left ajar, a treasure had bee found in the back of the room behind this door. It was likely against protocol to do what she planned this day but it would be a good experience for the students before they hit the field. An overturned bookshelf blocked the door from opening any more than the inch that it already was. The raspy sounds of something sounded like lion roars to the Hashigake who was still tender from her student's mayhem last week. These students showed a lot of promise, the troublemaker might be the death of her and the star student would likely make ANBU Captain once her cousin Kazekage Sousuke got a hold of him.

Today she was simply dressed in comparison to her usually strange attire. A pair of worn sneakers and a really big white T-shirt that was cinched at the waist with a thick clunky belt. It actually looked like a normal outfit for the most part, not that she realizes that she was just wearing a 3XL T-shirt on her small frame that she assumed was a dress. She also carried ear muffs this time, they were fuzzy and pink and they would save her brain if there were any loud noises to be heard. She had a quick lecture planned for today followed by some practical combat training. She cracked her hands, the audible pop and snap of her joints was disconcerting. Too young for arthritis. Hmmm.... a worry for another time.

She waited for the class to start.

MFT

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back