Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

See yourself in [Enrollment request.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa walked through the upper parts of Suna in the direction Tenken had appointed. She was unable to sense the tower from the Dojo but by moving in the general direction she eventually found herself in from of a large building matching the description the tall guy with the distorted voice had given her. From here she was unsure what to do. She figured that her colour pallet would make her stick out here and her forehead protection not being one of Suna but still visible to all who would look her way could be enough to be approached by the one who was suppose to evaluate her. That and the fact that she had heard it being called in over the radio.

Her inner spirit decided to share it's thoughts as always.

Seems like every village have most of their population underground these days. Well two out of three anyway. Could the trouble with outsiders be from back when the Chuunin exam ran?

Could be. We were here back then but other than the actual exam we didn't get to do much sightseeing nor, did we do much in the way of reconnaissance. It might be possible to ask whoever we meet here, assuming they are not trying to act like a scary robot as well.

With the ability to sense heartbeats and feel blood flowing it is not so easy to seem robotic these days. Though maybe he was going for the "Scary" more than the "Robot" part of it.

Kurokawa would end up mumbling the two words to herself. Seems Hemorian would be able to somewhat speak through her if given the right conditions.

[OOC: Requesting a form of examination to see if I can join Suna. Kazekage or a Sennin wanted. Not too used]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Would Kurokawa be rid of individuals who were scary robots? Not entirely. She would find a trio of machines combating the Kazekage. The three machines which were a more detailed version of the metal clone jutsu were engaging in hand to hand combat with Sousuke who was blocking their attacks with his hands. Two of them seemed to make a break as they grabbed Sousuke by the arms. The third one seemed to close the distance but found itself being used as a ramp as Sousuke kicked and ran across the chest of the automaton. Doing so he would cause the other two automatons to lose their position and he would bring the two of them together by crashing them into each other head first. He would again bring the two of them together and smash them bits and peices of metal would be sent all over the place. Sousuke would grab the last of automatons with his bare hands and he would rip the automaton apart. "The chest section needs strengthening. Note to self make plates thicker."<i></i> He would state for himself out loud.

As of late Sousuke had been working his tech around the clock. He had been exploring the concept of attempting to improve his metal clones adding to them the characteristics or weaponry of puppets. He would run through hand seals and would will the wreckage of metal together to form a new clone. This one would stand taller and stronger looking than the original three. The metal clone once activated would look around to his settings. He would then point out Kurokawa who had just arrived at the Kazekage tower. "Ah. Who do we have here?"<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kurokawa got closer to the tower she would hear fighting outside. 4 people engaged in a 3 v 1. The one standing alone was average height build and weight from what Kurokawa could tell. The three attacking him and getting their asses kicked, were much heavier but otherwise average as well. Suddenly a piece of shrapnel would fly from the armor of one of the three attackers and fly towards Kurokawas face. As a defense blood would pour out of her skins and form into an armor on her right cheek causing the shrapnel to bounce off of her face, with would move slightly to the left due to recoil. Kurokawa's hand remained hanging along her body. Not need for hand seal for this kind of defense. The man made quick work of his three attackers who seemed to be made of some kind of metal. What was it with this village and its' fixation on robots. First the plain guy masking his voice to sound metallic and now automaton sparring practice?

The scattered metal pieces would soon pull themselves back towards the man and form into one big heavy humanoid. Once it had set in its' form the man called out to Kurokawa asking who she was.

"Tenken sent me. He should have called over your radio system? I'm Kurokawa, and I traveled here from stone to become a member of sand rather than leaf. Seems those were the only options for a once proud Iwa Shinobi. First time in the inner city though. If I'm in the right place this should be the Kage Tower?"

She would wait patiently for an answer. Not knowing who she was talking to or if she was actually in the right place she would wait and see how things played out. If nothing else this was an opportunity to ask directions from however she was now standing in front off. Other than the fact that heartbeat revealed him to be human and the voice suggested a man, she really couldn't tell much. He was strong. Being a sensory type she could feel a vast amount of chakra coming from him but then again the guard at the gate had a huge reserve as well, and so did the assassin attacking her back in Iwa so maybe it was just her being too far behind rather than people around her being strong.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke listened intently. The individual did not tell him exactly who she was. She told him about herself, and why she was here. It would seem that someone had lost their way, in more ways than one. Sousuke had few dealings with the outside world. Sungakure was rarely visited by others, and most times it was it would be during a time of strife. "Not yet. Soon though I suspect."<i></i> He answered at first. It would seem that the civil war had come to an end in Fire Country? The village of Leaf reformed, but doing so from the ashes of another? That was curious. Did Kazuki know about this yet? If so, did that mean he was going to be leaving Sand soon? Sousuke knew that Leaf meant everything to Kazuki.

Sousuke would nod his head. "Correct this is the Kazekage tower grounds... and I suppose that this could indeed be described as the inner city."<i></i> He stated. Sousuke folded his hands behind his back. "You've told me about yourself, but you've yet to provide me with a name. I know ... everyone in the village ... but I do not know you. You do have a name be it ... a birth name or an alias I may refer to you as?"<i></i>He would inquire. People like Roku liked their code names. Sousuke too had a titles, and most of them were long and drawn out. "I'm Sousuke by the way, in case if you were looking for something to call me by."<i></i> He would add. People liked knowing who they were talking to, something Sousuke had observed a long time ago.

Sousuke was not the tallest of individuals, but he stood under six feet. He wore a mesh armour that was black with white lightning bolts. He was not a man for suits, or robes. He preferred casual ware, or armours of the metallic variety. He would regard the person opposite of him. She would hear the clicks and clacks of his metallic arm. Again further evidence that the man was a mixture of both machine and man. "I do believe I saw a use of a blood jutsu earlier? As a liquid armour perhaps? Fascinating."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa was a bit puzzled by this mans request for a name. During her Monologue of introduction she had started off with a question but then immediately stated her first name before moving on. At first she thought that it was because he wanted a full name of sorts but then he presented himself using only one name as well. She figured he must not have heard her say her name so she might as well repeat it.

"I'm Kurokawa. It is not weird that you do not know me considering that I have only been to this country twice counting this time. I was in the Chuunin exam getting a rank up from Genin. That is when I met my friend who should still live here."

She noticed the metallic sounds from Sosukes arm. Apparently it was in fashion to lose an arm and equip something else, though she was more inclined to understand this individuals choice. During the Chuunin exam someone had made an arm out of a scroll with a sealed sand creature inside. Compared to that this seemed rather docile. She would adjust her Harlequin mask before lifting her hand to her cheek and pulling off the leftover armour. It would crack even more and turn into brown and red powder as she pulled it off.

"I don't know how common blood jutsu are in sand but yes I guess you could call it liquid armour. I prefer traveling light and not get weighted down. We each have our own preferences I guess."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke's mind ran a circuit of the data he was provided. There was a glitch. He had asked the person for their name twice. He was provided the same name twice. Yes. That was good. He stood there for a moment realizing his error. "I realized I had asked your name twice, and you provided it twice. I apologize for repetition."<i></i> He turned to his automaton. "I need coffee - would you kindly?"<i></i> The automaton looked at him and nodded its head. "Oh ... and acquire something that the young Kurokawa would want...? Drink wise."<i></i> The two would wait for her to put in a request for water, milk, juice. Should no answer be given, water would be given.

"On the matter of repetition there was a study quite some time ago, where they had one hundred people write the same word five hundred times. By the end of the exercise, they found that the writers were experiencing an odd mild case of mental break down. They all thought they were spelling the word incorrectly... when in fact they were."<i></i> Sousuke shared a small experience about repetition. "In my case I've had to rewire the power cores at the hospital no less than one hundred and six times. I think on the sixty-fourth time I began to wonder if I was making the wrong coloured wires."<i></i> He frowned slightly. It was an annoying experience where he had a apprentice journeyman work with him to assure him it was emerald and amber wires required. "At any rate... such is life. A very different experience for everyone. Perhaps for the best as well."<i></i>

Sousuke would tap his fingers together. "Ah. Yes. Blood jutsu. I haven't seen blood jutsu used as a defensive means. I've watched it used more offensively. "<i></i> He spoke referring to someone he hoped that Kurokawa would never meet. He watched as the mask break apart and turn to dust. "To each's own."<i></i> He agreed. "I prefer technology. Weighty to some, but not to others."<i></i> He would pause. "Some use the mystic arts to harness energy and shape reality. Some refer to is as sorcery. It has many names in many languages."<i></i> He paused. "I harness energy through technology to make life easier for others ... or to combat others who would make life difficult for others."<i></i> There once was a time when man and woman had lived in darkness with no light. Technology made the difference in that.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she was offered beverage Kurokawa would just order water. She didn't really know what to expect and was not really here to sate her thirst. The guy in front of her would suddenly spin off into a monologue about how repeating stuff could make one confused or insane. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result was the definition of insanity so she figured it would be fitting to feel uneasy if suddenly a routine task seems wrong.

Kurokawa figured that the man in front of her would continue speaking but did not expect to hear about his preferences regarding technology. Getting a little impatient she would quickly reply when the man was done talking.

"That is all well and good, Sosuke-san. But I would like to wait with lectures in the use of technology until all the formalities are done. I came here to inquire as to whether it is possible for me to join Sand or not, and if so then how to accomplish that. Sorry if I seem impatient but I am rather tired after the long trip."

She would find a place to sit and rest her legs as the Automaton returned with water and coffee. Before receiving the water container she would run her fingers through her hair on either side of her head with both hands so a to brush it back behind her shoulders. She would then sniff the air over the water to attempt to pick up on any odour that would reveal poison. She was in a a foreign area with a man she did not know after all. Should she detect nothing she would dip her tongue in the water for the same reason before taking a small sip.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kurokawa wouldn't detect poison coming from the water, but she might become overcome by the smell of the cinnamon that was coming from Sousuke's coffee. The Kazekage drank the coffee within seconds. Upon completion of it he was staring at it with a glum experience. He needed more coffee. He would hand the mug back to the automaton. "Might need more coffee."<i></i> He warned. The automaton said nothing, it just merely stood there. As outsider Kurokawa was not used to Sousuke's eccentric nature as a man of technology. His eyes shifted to sky for the moment as he listened to her. He would tap his fingers together. "Mmm."<i></i> He pondered for a moment. He would hold out his hand and a stack of papers would appear in his hand. The paper seemed to construct itself as he summoned it. "It might be possible yes. After my assessment of your abilities, temperament, and mental situation. That is to say, if I suspect you to be morally insane ... you chances will become much more less."<i></i> Her impatience was something workable, but Sousuke did not really think well of impatience. Impatience sometimes lead to recklessness, which lead to collateral damage, which lead to lives lost.

He would look up from his papers. "Right then."<i></i> He would begin to make notes for himself already making notes of her appearance and skillset of blood jutsu. "What skillset would you be offering Sungakure? Yes, you have blood jutsu, but what else do you have in your repertoire? Are you more of a team player, or are you more a solo operative?"<i></i> Given that she did come to Sand alone, it was more likely the latter than the former, but he would await her answer. He would continue to make notes returning to his paper notes. "Should I be expecting family, or just yourself?"<i></i> He would next inquire. He was curious whether or not this person would have an entire clan to bring to sand like the Senju. "Have you any experience with ... the abnormal, that is to say spirits, devils, elementals, so and so forth? In Suna we are ... fortunately or unfortunately trapped dealing with these forces rather consistently. Toss in of course the usual ... tyrant or warlord or warlady that attempts to overextend their reach of lands that are not theirs."<i></i> He would send his automaton off for more coffee. He would tilt his head forward. "Once he has returned with my coffee, and said coffee is in my hand I would like a demonstration of power. Destroy my automaton would you kindly?"<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa attempted to answer the questions as they were given. She figured that the question about skill and preferred fighting style would be explained the fastest through a demonstration so instead of works she began to sing a soothing melody. As Sousuke would hear the song it would quickly become apparent that it did something to him as well. Though maybe not injured he would feel his perception becoming sharper and any wounds he should have would start healing at a faster rate. This song was a special one that could only be used by those of her bloodline. No other person posses the enhanced vocal chords needed to perform the song alone. Thinking that this would suffice as a demonstration of her ability to use sound, and her predisposition towards operating with others, she would go on to the next question.

"I am not bringing any family but I am hoping that another Shinobi formerly of sand, with whom I am quite familiar will return here now that stone is no more. But I don't know if he went on to leaf."

She was then asked about her relations to the spirits and other abnormal creatures. This was a question that could take some time to answer. Firstly she would be concentrating on vibrating the air in front of her creating a mirage looking like a specter. She would then take a deep breath and slowly blow life into it until she would be left with a Ghostly creature conjured from her own self and completely under her control. She would have it orbit her in a circle with a radius of one meter.

"I don't know if this counts as abnormal but, other than this I know two spirits. Well one of them is apparently called an ancient her in Suna. I do hope he is still well. When I left Suna, after the Chuunin exam, he disappeared into the desserts. He was afraid of some hunter group. He called them Rangers."

The last request was not on Kurokawas most favorite list. Having to prove herself through combat was the thing he hated the most about the Shinobi world but by now she had gotten used to people settling matters in such a manner, and it is not like she could avoid fighting when choosing a military profession anyway.

"Sure I will fight your rusty servant. Though if he has anything near the same amount of Chakra in reserve that you do, don't expect me to be able to put up much of a fight. I'm not really the kind that focuses on duels on a battlefield."

[MFT]
[WC: 439]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
No family, but a friend. Sousuke made the mental note to expect another person perhaps coming to Sand. At the same time though, there may be another going to the newly formed Leaf village. With Leaf back, then there would be yet another shinobi village back on the board. Sousuke did not interpret it as a threat, rather just any series of pieces on the board. Sousuke wondered though what was the situation with the Fire Daimyo. Sousuke's mind was lost in a series of IFs, ANDs, ORs, BUTs (that is but not a butt mind you). His mind was further working into overdrive by her song. "Hashigaki."<i></i> He would state outloud for himself.

Sousuke's attention snapped to her when she spoke the word 'Ancient'. His eyes would widen. She said something that had captured his attention. "You, met an Ancient during your exam in Soon's?"<i></i> He raised up his hand with an index finger pointing skywards. "Details. Details. Details. What form did it take, what elemental did it seem to consist of? Why did it not feast upon your soul to nourish himself?"<i></i> He proceeded to hammer her metaphorically with a questions. "Ancients are amongst the most dangerous of residences in Wind. They may have a different name in other parts of the world. They're not demons, but I can understand how one of them could be misunderstood to be them."<i></i> Sousuke did not really concern himself with the fear of the Ancient. Rangers kept them under control, they needed to be kept under control. If anything, Sousuke had hoped that monster may have fallen victim to some unfortunate fate. Yet ... Kurokawa was here, and certainly not a husk and certainly alive.

Kurokawa seemed to express an uncertainty in wishing to combat his automaton who returned with coffee. Sousuke seemed to ignore the fact he had indeed returned, rather he was more concerned about the fact that another Ancient had managed to return to the desert. "Forget what I said about demolishing my companion."<i></i> The cup of coffee was held infront of the Kazekage for some amount of time as he was perplexed by what she had come across. "This is far more ... fascinating ... could you detail your ... encounter with the Ancient in Soon's?"<i></i> He finally took hold of his coffee, but he had yet to drink from it yet.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa did know a little about the wars Sand once had with the Ancient but seemed surprised that this man would get this out of character over the mention of an ancient. From what she understood some of them were not hostile to Humans until they had to be. Nevertheless she might as well elaborate if that was part of getting accepted into this city.

"Genins in the Chuunin exam were send to some temple with weird symbols on it that would test our ability to solve puzzles. We needed two scrolls to get out and apparently there was a time limit in the form of a limited amount of scroll. Half of the participants. Anyway's I was so lucky as to not encounter the others. Must have been faster than them I guess. My first room had the singing body of an ancient trapped in a rock, because he was wrapped in chains. I also had a rusty sword in the room. Apparently I was suppose to kill the creature and dig out my first scroll."

She would pause for a moment before continuing. Obviously she did not do as intended since she referred to the Ancient as a friend, but she also reevaluated coming here. If people would condone such senseless killings she might have to rethink being here. Then again it seemed that the country experienced some turmoil during the exam so maybe someone else was behind parts of what transpired.

"I talked to the creature, and listened to the song of his body. It was shifting with a very faint melody. I decided to hit the chains rather than the ancient and took him with me for the other trials. We ended up on a room with symbols carved into the ground. In the middle was an encircled triangle but the others were two close together to make out their shape. I didn't spend much time there anyway. We went up the wall and out of the temple only to find ourselves in the middle of the deserts. Had there not been a big fight with a giant sand creature to follow we would not have found the others and might have been stuck out there even now. I am not good with long distance travel with nothing to navigate from. When we reached them he was afraid that they were Rangers and made a crevice between us and them before I got him calmed down."

Kurokawa thought over the questions again to make sure she got everything right.

"I am not sure what type he was. His body was shifting and singing faintly as if made up of a thousand smaller parts. He spoke with a course voice. He was not much of a danger as long as he was not attacked. Like Humans, it seems that Ancient don't take lightly to being hunted. It's easier just to treat them as equals and get along than to fight, but I take it that the history of Suna has not been one of the most diplomatic in that area?"

Keeping her spirit active would be taxing so at this point Kurokawa dispelled her ghost creation as it seemed to be of no importance. He smile was gone by now. It seemed that Ancient were in fact hunted down here. People seemed to have taken very little time actually understanding them, or draw a line between the courts who fought against humans and the ones who abstained from violence and tried to peacefully co-exists.

[Edit. OOC: It is not that I don't want to do this properly but I am looking to become a sandy soon if possible so that I can start other RP's as well. Right now if I start anything it would be as a missing nin.]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke listened to the narrative provided by the girl. The exam was an event the Daimyo had put together, and certainly he had a number of Ancients captured. Their powers were being drained and used to empower his army. "An Ancient comprised of ... music?"<i></i> Usually Ancients were the more ... primary elements. Fire. Wind. Earth. The Ancient in question was not a highly powered one, perhaps starved or drained of its power for a long time. The creature had escaped ultimately with the help of this girl, and now there was a possibility of some Sound Ancient prowling the wilderness preying upon others. After her narrative concluded, Sousuke fell silent for quite a long while. He seemed to be thinking about the encounter she had, and how it worked out. Curiously she spoke of other Rangers. Yes, there were Rangers outside of Sand, such was further evidenced by that youth who he had encountered at the port.

"Ancients."<i></i> Sousuke began, "Were once the slave owners of humans. My clan, the Takahashi were owned by Flame Court ... over two centuries ago. We were non-violent to our masters but we were indeed abused. One human made a change to the system of slavery putting an end to it - that being Primus. I don't think you can see it, being a Hashigaki, but the statue that stands on this tower is a representation of him."<i></i> He explained. He drank from his coffee. He paused for a moment as to how to further explain this. "Ancients devour the souls of humans in order to sustain themselves. They leave human bodies as lifeless husks or bones. Some Ancients ... eat less than others, but human souls do not go to their proper ... post-life accommodations pending on what one believes. Ancients can use their element to sustain themselves but it takes far too long for them to recover thus they eat human souls."<i></i> He added. He chewed his lip. "Rangers are humans in Wind Country who work to keep the balance, as such if an Ancient devours an entire village of souls, then that Ancient becomes a threat to the region and undoes the balance that needs to be kept in the natural order."<i></i> He frowned, his Aunt and Uncle were devoured by an Ancient. His best friend was consumed by an Ancient he had brokered a deal with. His cousin ... or adopted one was an Ancient who had hidden herself as a human for many years, she was the reason why his Uncle and Aunt were dead. Suffice to say ... Sousuke had a good reason why as to dislike Ancients. "We ... as a race would very much like to not return to a time of slavery."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa had no way of seeing the statue at the top but it seemed this person knew that much at least. Most of the people she had met so far seemed unsure if the blindfold was for training for because she was actually blind but he seemed to know her clan so it was not weird that someone finally took her lack of sight into account. Still something about how she had ended up describing the Ancient didn't sit right. It was definitely not a sound ancient.

"The Ancient I met had a singing body but it was definitely a physical one. It was shifting and grinding with a faint melody resembling music. Like a thousand tiny bells ringing. His actual voice was Course and dry like someone in permanent need of water to clear the throat."

In the end it mattered little what kind of ancient it was. She would probably start her search for Golz in the desert if she ever got accepted into Suna. In stone most of the sign in would be an interview like this to try and discern ones past and then some paper work to get a paper trail of the entry. So far this conversation seemed to turn in a different direction. As soon as she had mentioned an Ancient it must have triggered something, cause she got another history lesson to add to her collection. She knew that Golz was from one of the more neutral Courts who had little, if not no slaves, and who initially wanted to make peace with the surrounding clans of humans outside of wind country. Her own home, stone, had a different version of what happened to mankind after all and it mentioned nothing of ancients , so she concluded that it was a history isolated here in Wind Country and maybe in some of the smaller neighboring countries as well. The only thing that the two countries seemed to have in common was that they were forced underground at some point and had varying degree of population living above ground these days.

Kurokawa also knew from Golz that the Flame Court was particularly vicious back then and she understood Sousukes hate for them. The Stories she had red about them while here suggested that Solar and and Flame Court would be especially hated here.

The Victor writes the history. Do not be fooled by it. There are two sides to every coin. Two views on this past. An infinite amount of stories about who did what, when, and why. Seeking knowledge in history books is like painting a picture. It is two dimensional. You can't see what is behind the painter.

So in other words, don't blindly believe everything you are told. Were you there back then?

No. I am not a spirit from Suna, or you and I would have never met. You remember that Golz could not leave right? It was the same for me.

Kurokawa would have these inner dialogues with Hemorian more and more often these days. He had become more active than before. He was not just sleeping until called upon like in the beginning but had taken a front seat view of the world for a while now and given his ten cents on matters important to him. Maybe having someone like that inside of her somehow made her Immune to the ancients feeding techniques. Her being was already promised to someone else after all. Someone who had a stake in keeping her alive. For now she would get back to the conversation.

"The ancients should be almost extinct as far as I know. Does that not make the Rangers obsolete? I mean I get that it is important to not become slaves. Who would want that."

She would scratch the back of her head before continuing.

"Well anyways. I feel like we got a bit off topic. I need to complete a test right? If it is anything like in Iwa, there should be some paper work involved as well?"

[MFT]
[WC: 672]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke would shake his head, "Rangers keep the balance in other ways aside from Ancients. They were instrumental in keeping the sandworm population in check. Their responsibilities are far more broad in keeping the balance in nature."<i></i> He would pause for a moment, Ancients were nearly extinct, but they were returning and it would not be pleasant. What Ancients that were present "That being said, balance is very difficult in being kept. Currently the natural balance is out of ... order. It is not what it should be."<i></i> The question of slavery really frustrated Sousuke. Not visibly. It wasn't aimed at the girl, but rather the fact that it still existed. Man and woman had enslaved others and including their own race as well. It wasn't initially obvious but from the underbelly of Wind Country, Sousuke had found out that a slave trade was indeed active. It was a rather disturbing notion, that the legacy of the First Men had seemingly now been for nothing? No. Not disturbing. It was disheartening.

Had they been off topic? Sousuke didn't think so. "You've proven to be very resourceful. Something that I think is chief amongst qualities of an individual."<i></i> He spoke up. "Some people are physically strong. Others are mentally strong. Others are ... information strong? Strange as that may sound. Knowledge is power, but so is experience."<i></i> As if on cue about the paper work Sousuke would nod his head, "You've proven your worth to an extent, from what I can tell you are ... open, one to seek alternatives to answering problems. You did not kill the Ancient, you freed it, which albeit dangerous was an alternative to the choice put before you. I did not know of an element court based in Sound. Even I, the Kazekage, am capable of learning something new each day."<i></i> Sousuke finally reveal. It wasn't something he would boast about. In fact it was something he didn't really like being, in the context that it was a role he wasn't born to be, rather he came to be the Kazekage due to a series of most unfortunate events. Sousuke would begin jotting notes down. "Now then ... let's do some formal notes. Age. Former rank in Stone. Any specific field? Anbu? Medical? Core?"<i></i> He would inquire next. Should indeed accept her into their fold, then he would have her properly sorted into the branch that she had in past experiences in.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa gave up on trying to explain that she did not believe Golz to be a Sound ancient. Apparently the notion that his body moved in a way that gave off a faint melody was enough to warrant the conclusion that it must be made of sound despite having a physical body. Her own pest guess was either some form of fine powder, maybe sand since he seemed to be able to make crevices in the desert, or some liquid with a certain resonance to it, like blood. She knew it would not have been blood exactly as Golz had seen her mostly like a blood ancient herself but some other form of liquid perhaps.

Regardless of her failed attempt to explain herself the conversation finally moved in the direction she was expecting. Smart on information didn't fit the other forms of power much. Knowledge is indeed power but it seemed, that Sousuke was in dire need of a better word for it. She didn't have much in the way of physical strength compared to some of the power houses running around wasting their potential because it was larger than their ambitions. She was only 14 years old so experience was still in the low end despite her being in the midst of quite a few conflicts already, and knowing a variety of different people and creatures, including her inner spirit and the ancients. She was asked standard questions to put on a form so for now she would concentrate on answering those

"I'm 14 years of age, and was a Stone Chuunin after the Exam held here in Suna. In Stone, ANBU and Medic Nin were both separate rankings from the so called Main branch that tradition Chuunin and Jounin would hail from so I have no affiliation with either of those. I was on guard duty at the gate, and on patrol through town when not assigned to the gate."

She figured she might as well add he experience in the two other branches

"I don't have any ANBU experience but being more of the support in a group I have been doing a little training in the arts of medical jutsu and could like to continue those studies here at some point if possible."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke would look up from the paper he was making his notes. "We didn't really host that exam."<i></i> He corrected. "Although ... given that the two have similar names, I can understand the confusion. Soon's full name is Soon's Sanctuary... as it provides safe haven for merchants."<i></i> He paused, "It is close in proximity to Suna, but ... never mind we're going off topic."<i></i> He corrected himself this time. Kurokawa if given time and an education would find that there was a ... long and awkward history of Sungakure and the rest of Wind Country. The Daimyo of the Country and his awful plot to rule to the country with an iron fist, and the curious case of Sound village which was still very much a mystery to Sousuke. He could comment most about the former but not the latter. "So Stone's ranking system is the typical sort with some differences. Your work seemed to fulfill that of the Main Branch as it were. So... if you saw something out of place or a stranger of ... mmm ... questionable intent, how did you handle those cases?"<i></i> Sometimes one would call in a superior, others would handle the situation themselves unto which there were ... varying degrees of success. Sousuke would continue to jot down notes as she spoke, but he would indeed listen to the answer she would have for him.

"We do that."<i></i> He spoke as she had mentioned that she wanted to continue work in the medical field. "Combat medic, chemist, surgeon, any particular field of interest? Or perhaps you have something of a new slew of developments?"<i></i> He would inquire next of her. "Or perhaps you would prefer to remain a jack-of-all-trades? No... no... that's sexist. Ah. Yes. A Jill-of-all-trades? I think that would be the proper nick name for a person of the female gender who dabbles in a little bit of everything? A master-- no mistress of all trades?"<i></i> Gender terms were one of those things that required some ... thoughtful use of proper wording around it. "I suppose being a support of the group, you were applying basic field dressing? Not the hunting variety mind you ."<i></i> He would flip over the page and prepare for more scribbles. Rioshi wasn't here for dictation, but Sousuke could work very well by himself. His secretary was ... well at least the good news was that she would not prove to be a distraction for anyone present, which she usually was (as she was, and Sousuke himself would admit that she was indeed quite attractive). "Perhaps a recollection, or an anecdote?"<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa thought back to some of her most resent events to answer the first question.

"One of my first days on the job actually had someone show up at the gates of Iwa. Bloodied and in clear need of medical care. I did call it in but didn't wait for back-up before engaging. Regardless of what could have happened, someone who was later revealed to be the Tsuchikage, joined in way before the back-up arrived, but radio contact between me and the gate was still kept."

She had then had a different encounter with what was later revealed to be the same person, which she would then move on to.

"I was patrolling the city one time with an ANBU. We came across two city guards knocked out and called it in before investigating. We found someone on the beach who attacked us instead of identifying himself. He was later revealed to be a man named Izura. The very same man I had helped at the gates only a few days before. He is the reason I left Iwa. Help came late. Soon enough that we survived but late enough that we woke up battered and bruised in the hospital."

Kurokawa would scratch her neck and think over what to conclude from this, so that she could summarize what she would do in a situation like that.

"So I guess I would call for back-up but generally engage while waiting for them to arrive. I get a pretty good sense of someones heartbeat. Sometimes it is unique and I can use it to identify people before they speak. Makes it easier to find someone I am looking for but it takes a while to get to know it well enough to recognize it later. Usually it get the hang of it through a long conversation. Intonation is also a big identifying marker. People can't change everything about their speech pattern after all. Not without constantly being conscious of it. Mostly they mimic the tone well but screw up the details."

She realized she was going off on a tangent so she stopped talking and let Sousuke continue. Sousuke would get on the topic of types of medic and Kurokawa could not completely suppress her giggle when he mentioned Surgeon.

"I don't think a blind surgeon is what you need for precision work. Nor a chemist who has to use the smell to identify the content of different flasks, beakers and vials. Combat medic on the other hand utilizes the same features I use to read text on paper, although the medical version is faster and much more precise than trying to discern writing on paper. I am not one to invent new fields to use medical jutsu in although the song I sang before does heal everyone I deem an ally who hears the song. Not sure if higher level medical jutsu does that, as I have only had access to the stuff available to everyone."

As Sousuke continued Kurokawa would cross her arms. She didn't much care for the gender distinctions. Once Sousuke had finished digging himself into a hole she would respond.

"The way you say that makes it sound as if women even needs a difference category. As if they can't compete with men at all. Jack of all trades will do fine. The playing card does not change from a jack to a Chamber maid just because a woman is playing. Since that is where the idea of calling it a jack comes from it is fine as it is. Also a Mistress could imply a mans lover just as much as it could imply that she is of good standing. Master is accurate enough. No need to change the saying just because of the recipients gender."

She was less certain, that she understood the last question. She knew what dressing meant in reference to food or hunting and she assumed that he was referring to putting on bandages or cleaning wounds. Although her practical experience with anything but her song as a stern zero at this time.

"I have been applying my singing skills to combat before but it was more of a mock battle than an actual life and death situation. I have only been in one of those and didn't have enough time to act other than to put up some shields, which were broken faster than they were put up. Most of the medical studies were made in preparation for leaving, so other than the fish and paper cut heals I haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet"

Kurokawa didn't really know what more to add. Despite having worked as a guard she had relatively few encounters out of the ordinary. Iwa was a pretty peaceful place before the move.

[MFT]
[WC: 800]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Data. Data. Data. Data is what makes the world go round. Sousuke in his mind's eye re-played the scenarios she described. Within his mind palace Sousuke would pace back and forth. His mind was playing with various cases of other ways that could have played out. Nearly limitless, but it was all being proceeded and done rather quickly by Sousuke. Little tweaks to the play, and different outcomes. "Have you ever employed using your skill to detect lies?"<i></i> Sousuke would inquire next. Sometimes when one told a lie, their heart rate increased. Some Hashigaki were living lie detectors, but it was a particular skill set that had to be used in a specific way. The Hashigaki in question would have to have a good judgment, which was something that would have to be learned or something that one would have to acquire overtime.

Curiously Kurokawa took a path of a rather almost self condescending path. Sousuke would raise his hand. "I've known one Hashigaki who reclaimed her sight. It takes a great deal of concentration. So it was something she could do not a regular basis, but in the heat of combat? I ... am not certain if it still worked."<i></i> He would begin explaining. Sousuke was quite proud of Naoki. She had a curious nature when it came to her abilities. Sometimes her musical aptitude went sideways, but with practice she was able to grasp it again with ... different means. "It is entirely possible for you to regain your sight. Although it is different for everyone. Should that occur, broaden your horizons."<i></i> He would advise her on the matter and no further. If it was something she wanted, she would have to work hard for it.

As the conversation turned sideways it self for a moment on the matter of gender terms. Sousuke would close both his eyes and rub each eye with his index and thumb. Clearly he had offended her, which was not his intention. "Duly noted. Can't say I have had any experience with chamber maids, my nobles do... but at the same time I don't stay at hotels. So... that's that ... and no I don't have servants or butlers."<i></i> He added. Lord Nobu oftentimes suggested he have a butler. Was Rioshi considered a chambermaid? No. She was his secretary, who more or less attracted every single male and sometimes the odd female when they were in his office. "And yes, a mistress does imply a lover... but we're not some television production to be consumed for the masses."<i></i> He asserted. Sousuke would still use the more archaic meaning for mistress, but that was due to a very long and lengthy conversation that he had with Lord Nobu's ex-wife who asserted that she was the Crown Spy-mistress for his father and for Hiro. Sousuke very much doubted that because it was Lady Haku Tomoko who couldn't keep a secret if she tried. "Sometimes changing the gender-phrase is required based on the company present, and how dedicated they are to the cause of it."<i></i> Sousuke would respond with a rather defeated tone in his voice. "It's not easy being who you are at times."<i></i>

Sousuke would finish his notes and would come to a conclusion. "I'll grant you a place here. Seeing as how you have little experience in the field, I'll grant you medic in training status. The Medical Chief is a man by the name of Akujin. He is a particular individual, but one worth seeking. He has an affinity for felines due to his nature. Chuunin rank for the time being but that will change of course pending an evaluation in time."<i></i> He would declare.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa had indeed tried to become a human lie detector and had used her hearing to detect changes in peoples hearts but she was still inexperienced in the matter, and thus the validity was not high.

"I have discerned lies before but it is still a work in progress."

Kurokawa would not join in any further in the gender debate. It was clear to her that that Sousuke must have met quite a few derailed feminists. She had heard of those who wanted separation over equality going so far as to demand different pronouns based on gender. As if all words weren't invented by the same people. One could just as easily suggest to them that every word in existence today was made mostly if not solely by men. What would they do then? Not speak? Invent their own language without communicating it's meaning through regular speech. Ridiculous. Kurokawa believed that if society had deemed a certain word to have a certain meaning she would prefer that prefix over someone thing close to but reserved for women.

Sousuke started talking about regaining sight. Kurokawa did not know how the surrounding world looked in the slightest. It had been that way for her mother and it would be that way for her. She had talked at length with Shikai after the beach incident about how the red Sharingan eyes were still burned in the back of his memory. Kurokawa was immune to such visual attacks, and for that she was grateful. Being blind had its' difficulties but it also made a large lump of Genjutsu useless against her. She linked her blindness to her enhanced hearing and 3D spacial sense, with was not only why attacking her from behind was redundant but also why she could hear changes in peoples heartbeat. She wouldn't trade it for the world. She decided to remain quit in this matter as well, and let Sousuke continue.

When he got to the ranking and such Kurokawa was not sure what she had been awarded. She would be a Chuunin or a med nin in training? In Stone Chuunins where all part of the main branch and had exclusive access to certain main branch abilities and jutsu. One could only be taught those while in the main branch. Same went for Med nin branch. Did main branch here have their own secondary ranking system just like ANBU and Med nin, and the Genin, Chuunin, Jounin ranks were held separate?

"Maybe you could help me with something. In Stone, titles like Genin and Chuunin were awarded to main branch members, while different titles were awarded to med nins and ANBU. Do you have Genin, Chuunin and Jounin as separate ranks and then a different system for differentiating in the Main Branch? Being both Chuunin and Med nin in training would be the equivalent of entering two branches in stone. So I was wondering if you could help me out with where I stand. And thank you for accepting me."

She would bow before the guy in front of her with her hands folded behind her body. She learned in Kunoichi sessions how folding them in front of her would compress her chest, making her cleavage more apparent but she was not trying to seduce anyone, and she was not gonna do the curtsy thing that some women resorted to. Apparently this guy she had been talking with at length had enough status to not only evaluate her instantly but downright decide where she would end up. Then again she was told to go find one of the Sennins or the Kage so she figured she had just been lucky finding one of those in the first try.

[OOC: Okay so with this I am guessing that I can go request a faction change? Also curious as to how to ranking system works in Suna.]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Noted."<i></i> Yes. Becoming a human lie detector was quite a large liability, considering that the crux of the matter would ultimately rely on the Hashigaki's abilities. One mistep at the criminal in question was not in fact a criminal at all, but now a corpse executed wrongfully. Thankfully Sousuke did not completely rely on Hashigaki's methods to get him the complete and total truth of the matter, nor was he in a situation where that was the only reliable way of coming to a conclusion.

"It's a three tiered system of sorts. I'll get into the third tier later, it's not a shinobi thing. You would be granted chuunin level access to the general facilities such as our library and you would be able to do Chuunin level general work in terms of missions and contract work. This would exclude ANBU and Medical. I'm starting you off as a mednin in training, being that you would have access to the medical facility but you would want to have someone such as Akujin to better acquaint you with the system. Think of it like an apprenticeship of sorts. Pending an evaluation we'll revisit your medical status. Likewise you can drop the medical field and proceed to go into the ANBU if you so desire."<i></i> He explained. "That being said, I would hone your skills as a medic, so you can delve deeper into the field ... but having a side adventure doing chuunin work usually helps out too."<i></i> Sousuke would add. Sousuke was more of the ... paper work sort of person, but his grandmother and nobles would rag on at him from time to time to have an adventure.

She bowed ultimately before him, and Sousuke would merely blink. Ah. Yes. Bowing is one of those things that people did to show respect. Sousuke was perhaps far too casual to be Kazekage, but he was. If Katuso had been Kazekage it would have been even more casual. Sousuke would place his hands around the back of his neck. This was something he was not used to, mainly because he told everyone that they did not need to do so. Every once and a while Nobu would remind him that ceremony was indeed required from time to time, and that a show of respect was a reasonable thing to do. "I would reccomend that you visit the library and have you fill of our history. We like many others have periodic times of turbulence, but that ... is normal. Although the exam did not demonstrate it, well maybe not your exam but something foul and amiss did occur at the jounin exam involving ... well the exam was sabotaged."<i></i>

Sousuke forgot something ... Ah. Yes. Orders. "Going back to your exam. The third tier of Sand ranks involves something you did run into briefly during your exam. We have Orders, think of them as guilds. Rangers who keep the Wilds in check. Oracles who try to predict the future and are keeper of knowledge. Lastly there are the Journeymen who construct weapons and structures."<i></i> He would nod his head. "Just something for you to consider."<i></i>

[OOC Just ask for the MiT banner, and note in your profile once moved you're of chuunin rank.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back