Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Service [Requesting Kage]

Kouyuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Kazekage Tower shined long and bright and lied deep within the center of Sunagakure. On one side, a man walked through the busy and dusty streets underneath the tower's bright stare. He moved through the middle of the road with his hands in his pockets and his gaze was fixed low on the ground in front of him. He moved at a slow and steady pace while moving around the many obstacles of street vendors, loiterers and pedestrians. There were many roads to the tower, but he enjoyed this one the most because at times he could not think in the stillness and silence. He reached the foot of the tower and finally looked up at the diamonds that emitted its light. They all shined steadily and brightly but one would flicker on and off. The man smiled and then pushed open the doors of the lobby and walked inside. He moved past the reception desk and up the stairs of the tower. It did not take long to find the proper door. He knocked, stood straight and smiled brightly. The door opened.
"Hello," the man said. "I believe you need my help."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward was working on some of the financials for the month's end. Development was steady, even if it was a bit slow. New appointments were being made. Students were graduating to gennin-hood. Anbu were cracking down on particular crime syndicates.

All good news. The only bad news was that the Steward's arm still wasn't getting any better. The Steward was still weighing his options between having a surgery to remove the shattered bones and having them replaced or letting it heal naturally. He was ambidextrous but it was annoying not to have his entire left arm not working. The frustrations were mounting. The Steward's eyes narrowed as he glared at his shattered arm. Then a knocking noise was heard from the door. The Steward arose from his desk and attended the door.

"Hello, I believe you need my help."

The individual that stood before him was smiling brightly. It was something most admirable, and something the Steward would have liked to do. The Steward was unsure of what to do. This was ... unprecedented and unaccounted for. The Steward merely welcomed the man in. "I suppose I could use some help. If only an audience to listen to my ramblings. I often times like to think of scientific equations out loud, or make use of imaginary numbers to complete equations. Most people simply don't get the concept and end up walking out on me. I oftentimes find my ward tuning me out when I'm trying to tell her something important. I'm currently finishing up reading the monthly reports on the Village. I'm next thinking about preparing my next lecture and or working on my armour. I'm not sure which to do."<i></i>

Kouyuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Dear me," the man said.
He leaned in closely to peer at the Kazekage's arm in a sling. He frowned and shook his head.
"You have all of those things to do," he said. "And you're stuck with a broken arm?"
He followed the man inside his office and closed the door. He sat himself in front of the desk.
"I suppose you really do need my help," the man said. "Don't you have any assistants to delegate any of these lesser tasks to?"

Juzo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
From his corner of the room Raijin breathed on an apple, used his shirt to rub it clean, before taking a bite from the fruit. His mouth seemed to overtake most of the one side in doing so. From there he rose and moved out of sight into a further reach of the building. Not too far from where he could be called, but far enough to not hear whatever meeting was taking place. Once he was sufficiently far away he sat on the floor and began to meditate on the day. It didn't exactly seem like the sort of thing that required a bodyguard on hand. Though he still felt he needed to talk with the Kazekage and his injury.

"He is being careless. Maybe some words of advice may alter his mindset on the manner." Raijin thought to himself despite trying to empty his mind. It definitely meant he needed to speak his mind soon.

[OOC: Starting up my bodyguard duty seriously. No need to wait for me to post/etc unless someone tries to kill the Kage. Gonna just start haunting his threads like a nanny.]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This man had the ability to express himself so easily. First a smile, and now a frown. Such a simple thing. A frown. It took more muscles to do, so in essence a frown took more work than a smile to do. Was this man aware of that? The Steward wondered. "As the family motto goes ... We are King's Men. Even in the absence of the King, or the Kazekage we Steward are expected to keep the realm intact. My father did it for several years, and his father before him kept the realm in check when the Kazekage was out visiting other realms. His father before him was expected to do the same, and his father before him." The Steward hope that the man got the concept. He tried to explain it to Okibi once, but she got lost part way. It was perhaps because Sousuke was showing her the family tree and went back to the days of Takahashi Sousuke the Red Steel.

The man next commented on how terrible it must be for him to do these things with a broken arm and that he lacked an assistant to do these tasks. "It's not half bad. I tried to assign the task, but that did not end well... as most of the papers were burnt. I learned very quickly to try not to assign paperwork and book keeping duties to impatient fire users. I myself am ... partial to the use of flame jutsu, but I am told I have the patience of a glacier. Whatever a glacier is. I am told a glacier is a very large block of frozen water. Like an ice cube ... but the size of a house or two. It would be an interesting sight to behold some day since it seems preposterous."<i></i> The Steward returned to his desk. "Oh I wouldn't call these lesser tasks. All tasks are equal in nature. If the farmer doesn't harvest crops, we do not eat. If we Takahashi do not forge weapons and puppets our military would be without weapons. If the book keeper didn't keep track of things, then how would we know that we're not in debt? If the academy teachers did not teach we would lack mind power. Everything is linked together some way or another."<i></i> The Steward stopped as he realized that he was droning on.

The Steward stopped for a moment and looked at the corner of the room for Raijin. The man had excused himself so it seemed. Raijin was keeping an eye on him more often than not. Was it due to his injury, or was it because of something his father and the council had said?

"Perhaps I have an in adept ability to assign people to correct tasks. There was a murder in the Grand Palais about two days, six hours, twenty-seven minutes and forty-two seconds ago. I sent in an Anbu to do some analysis and to confirm with me if my original thoughts of it being gang warfare being correct instead of what it seemed at the time which the public consensus was it was an accident consisting in a drunk falling some thirty-stories off of a building. I requested of him to get the body and to not tamper with the evidence. Instead because he is a cocky and egotistical Uchiha he lights the place up, burns up about seventy-five percent of the evidence and leaves the corpse in question most difficult to decipher the cause of death. When he reported to me, I told him not to speak because he was going to lower the IQ of everyone in the room because he overly fond of using hyperbole which makes trying to understand what really happened to be difficult in the highest regard. I read his report which used the word blazing too much, and he was very fond of discussing how he set four thugs on fire and watched them burn to death. Ultimately I had him reported for failing to following orders. He now finds himself in a position of mediocrity in heavy arms testing facility. He seems to be pleased with himself but ... we know differently."<i></i> He had said that entirely monotone and in one breath. The Steward hoped that his present company didn't mind his rant. "Would you be so good as to grace me with your birth name? Mine is Takahashi Sousuke the third, but I mainly go by Sousuke."<i></i>

Kouyuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man listened to the Kazekage with a steady gaze and nodded his head. He sat with his back straight and his legs crossed. His hands rested neatly and still upon his lap.
"Nezumi Meikou," the man said. "Call me Meikou."
He leaned closer.
"I admire your sense of duty, Mr. Kazekage," he said. "But you need not carry all of the burden."
The man shrugged.
"Perhaps calling them lesser tasks isn't the best choice of words," he said. "They are necessary, but you aren't the only steward of this country and village."
He broke his steady gaze and glanced at the Kazekage's arm in a sling.
"My point is that there is help when you need it," he said. "I can't smith weapons or lead men. I can't fight much either."
The man stood up. He smiled.
"I'm capable enough to shuffle paperwork and organize affairs though," the man said. "At least let me help you there."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I appreciate that Meikou."<i></i> The Steward said as he leaned back in his chair. The Steward wondered though why the man kept staring at his arm. Was it that much of an eye sore? Was it pity? What was it exactly? The Steward's eyes glanced over to the large mountain of paper that was on the right corner of his desk. "Would you mind passing that mountain of paperwork over to me? It's various requests and permission letters that need signing. Some of them I've reviewed, and others I will be in the process of reviewing."<i></i> The Steward pulled open one of the drawers and took out a quill and ink. "I'm an old fashioned... so I prefer quill and ink over fountain pin."<i></i> The Steward undid the cap of the ink and dipped the quill in he then did a few copies of his signature. To say the least the Steward's writing style was remarkable fine, and very curvy. "Ah, just the way I like it."<i></i>

The Steward wondered though about his good Samaritan. "Do tell me about yourself Meikou. Do you have a family?"<i></i> The Steward inquired. He wasn't that familiar with the surname Nezumi. "From your clothing, you seem to take care of yourself, or at least someone like a wife or girlfriend does."<i></i> The Steward attempted to make small talk. It was something he had been meaning to work on, since apparently small talk went along way in relationships with people or politicians in general.

Kouyuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man slowly pushed the tray of paperwork towards the center of the desk.
"No family," he said. "Or much of a personal life to speak of."
Meikou stood still and quiet as Sousuke scratched his signature across the documents. He slowly walked to Sousuke's left side. He rested his hands on the table.
"What does a broken arm mean to you?" he asked.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke began to sign the papers. Permission to impose an easement for repairs and maintenance. Granted. Permission to revive a dead corporation. Granted. It was simple fair the Steward was attending to. Builder's documents. Requests of all sorts. Meikou did ultimately answer his question about himself. The Steward finished another signature. "Ah... you're unattached then. Interesting."<i></i> The Steward went onto the next document. "Do you have the problem then of having people ... confessing their feelings to you, and being in a position of ... no response?"<i></i> The Steward himself was in such a predicament as it were. It was an awkward question and for that the Steward apologized. "That was ... an unusual, bold, and highly irregular question of me to ask. I'm sorry I inquired such a thing."<i></i> He continued signing. "I will confess, I am in such a situation. Quanta-physical and invisible number theorems come easier to me than the concept of romantic love with one of the opposite gender."<i></i>

Just as Sousuke inquired of Meikou a strange question, his company did the same of him. The Steward had to think about it for a moment. The Steward had an answer for him. "Momentary defect. Handicap. Error. When I say defect this is short term in contrast to my life-long defect of being unable to express myself emotionally."<i></i> The Steward turned to the next document. "At least that is what I hope. I am confident that my treatment will end in a success. If not ... I do have alternative plans."<i></i> He added shortly after.

Kouyuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"A handicap," the man said slowly. "Another question then."
He paced behind Sousuke and moved to his right side. He wrapped his fingers around his chin.
"Let's suppose you have a choice," he said. "On the one hand, you may fight someone with your arm healed and be certain of victory."
He circled around the desk and returned to the seat. He leaned forward and rested his head upon his hands. He gave a small and wry smile.
"Or you may fight someone with your arm broken and your victory is uncertain," he said. "Which would you choose?"

Juzo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
From the quiet place in his mind, Raijin heard a sound. Or perhaps he felt the vibrations of it through the floor. Maybe, any this was the more unlikely of the options, there was just some innate connection between sentient beings and some ripple in another persons consciousness had some small affect on Raijin's portion of the fabric of reality. Though he found himself sitting on the floor in the backroom to the Kazekage's office he couldn't shake the feeling he had just nearly achieved. Or maybe he was losing his resolve. It was definitely a problem once shinobi had seen so many years of service. One that Raijin had heard about many times before but never really took to heart.

Now he couldn't help but wonder when the general fatigue would set in. How many more years of service did he have in him? The ego's immediate response was probably too optimistic but at the same time, he did not want to acknowledge anything less. That'd only help move him towards retirement sooner. From sitting on his heels he hopped to his feet and made his way back towards the office. Things were calm still. So he moved to check the door before going to a nearby window. From there he looked outward into the artificially illuminated caverns. As a younger man, he would have rushed to and fro while doing these sweeps.

But now he knew better, he moved slowly and deliberately. Making each sweep seem like it was a natural part of him just traveling back and forth from the backroom, to the door, and then back to the window. There was not as much rush in a cavern like this. Even criminals seemed to understand why.

"Slow day today." He said calmly while he positioned himself just off to Sousuke's left. Normally he would have taken position on the right but with the Steward's current injury, protocol had changed. Not that he meant to interrupt but his suspicion was telling him to start sticking to Sousuke. The comings weeks would be interesting.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Another question one worth asking the Steward supposed. He sat back in the chair and knitted his fingers together. "The thrill of battle. My ward gets it. Her canine familiar possibly gets it. The Toraono clan most definitely gets it."<i></i> The Steward paused. "I do not get it. I have been told by many people and on many occasions not to be reckless. In particular the last time my ... childhood girl-friend slapped me in the face."<i></i> There was a pause between the words girl and friend. The Steward wasn't quite sure what to make of his relationship with Tia at the moment. It was a complicated one. She was one of his oldest friends. One that was most worth having. She was his voice in the times that the Steward himself could not speak. As a child the Steward often suffered from 'cat got his tongue'-itis. Well, that's what his mother called it. "The grand point is ... I would sooner be in the situation of the former than the latter. Even if we are sure of ourselves, there is room for error. If this was a mathematical or scientific matter, then perhaps I would take the risk."<i></i>

By this time Raijin had returned. The Steward didn't notice him right away until he spoke up. The older suna nin had inquired if it had been a slow day. To some degree it was, and the Steward agreed. "I suppose you could call it a slow day. It has been more interesting due to the presence of Meikou here. Have you two met before?"<i></i> The Steward paused. "At any rate: Meikou meet Raijin. Raijin meet Meikou."<i></i> It would have seem that the Steward was light-hearted topically, but his voice as usual was monotone.

Kouyuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Not thrill of battle," the man said. "But something deeper. Perhaps we can discuss it another day."
He shrugged. He rose from his chair and took a step towards the bodyguard. He extended his arm for a handshake and smiled brightly.
"I can't say we have met before," the man said. "I should hope that I'll get to know you."
He returned to his seat. His gaze returned to Sousuke.
"That is assuming the Kazekage finds use of me beyond today," he said.

Juzo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Raijin looked down at the offered hand and he found himself thinking about how small it was. But this sort of thing was strictly against his code of conduct. With the most polite voice his massive diaphragm would allow, he spoke to the visitor. "I'm sorry, but I do not shake hands."

Instead he nodded to the man and let his mind wander to the concept of shaking hands. An interesting relic of the past when nomads were all the rage. The universal sign to another that your hand does not come brandishing weapons but, instead, a beacon of peace. Or at least that was the original intent. And Raijin was sure that even in that bygone age it was used for deception as much as anything else humans had knowledge of. But now it was nothing more than a social protocol that remained for whatever reason. Slowly that line of thought ran into a wall and Raijin was more interested in the contents of the room. Who was this shinobi?

Seemed willing to work, that was always a good thing. Would the Steward find something for him?

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward thought hard about what Meikou was getting at. Not the thrill of battle? Then what exactly was he getting at? Sousuke would find out some day, as the topic of conversation would come back. After all Meikou said it would.

The Steward watched the interaction between Raijin and Meikou. It was fairly strange, or so the Steward thought. He frowned mentally as Raijin did not shake hands with the man. The Steward returned to signing the forms going through them one by one. Once he was completed those he placed away his quill and ink in his desk. "I'll have more work for you for sure Meikou. I'm in need of a personal assistant for ... the matter of documentation and resources. Does nine to five work for you? Or are you more of an early morning person? I'm ... a morning person but I can adjust appropriately."<i></i>

Kouyuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm here whenever I'm needed," the man said. "I'm simply glad I can be of use to you."
The man's gaze turned to Sousuke's broken arm. He frowned and rested his head upon his palm.
"Still, if you're taking on one hindrance, the least I could do is relieve you of another," he said.
He stood up from his chair.
"I have little talent, but I do have one skill I can make use of," he said. "Would you allow me to heal your arm?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward thought of using Meikou's talents. The healing process was long and tedious but the Steward was learning to work with it. "Your offer is greatly appreciated, but I should learn to work with a handicap. You won't always be here to help me, or Raijin for that matter. I merely need to be capable of working with such a handicap and be used to it."<i></i> The Steward looked over his injury once more. "Of course not all injuries will be the same, but the experience is what matters."<i></i> The Steward was an idealist it would seem in some manner or another.

The Steward sat back in his chair. "I am sure you are a man of many talents."<i></i> He began, "You merely need the correct situation for such talents to flourish properly."<i></i> The Steward spoke of some limited experience on the matter. He recollected his discussion with Queen Azame and how her ... consort's mortal injuries (or concubine, the Steward preferred not speak of the matter) galvanized Kuro into unleashing his demonic might. The Steward himself was not 'blooded' in terms of true combat. He was trained, and trained well of course in combat, but whether or not he was truly combat proficient had yet to be seen. "What kind of music do you like Meikou? Do you play any instruments?"<i></i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back