Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness - Shin and whoever is with him

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His robes, a dark blue in color with silver trim around the ends, were immaculately cleaned. His boots were fine black leather and looked brand new, and his hood was down to both reveal his face and let his hair fall loose around him. White hair, the color of the snow that this place was becoming, to his mind, famous for. The rest of him was nowhere near as devoid of coloration. His skin looked like burnished gold, and his eyes matched. But the pupils of those eyes were the thing that stood out most, for those black holes into the void were shaped like hourglasses instead of circles.

The Seer, he was known as. For he saw what others did not, could not. What would drive most mad with the mere idea of seeing. But his mind was stronger than that, his willpower unmatched when it came to standing against the things that mankind should fear and grovel before. Hoshikata, was his name. And he was here for a purpose.

He'd arrived with his staff in hand, the crystal cap on the end tapping against the floor as he walked into the room to find it empty. This was where he'd been told to go, however, so he stepped to one side and stood by a window, looking out as he waited on the other to arrive. He had no doubt the Raikage would bring someone else with them, if the presentation he'd been given at the gates was any indication of this village.

Still, he also had little doubt Natsu would be there. That would help him, somewhat. That one could verify certain points. He was already at a disadvantage here being on their turf, and he couldn't well arrange the room to suit him more, now could he? Instead he stood there, staff in hand, and waited on the others to arrive. He had no doubt this meeting would go well.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness - Shin and whoever is with

Shin sighed as he studied notebook. Hitomi was on his right side as they walked across the hall discussing the sudden arrival of four suspicious shinobi from Kirigakure. There was not much about information about these shinobi but Hitomi did her best to inform him with what ever Kumogakure actually had. On both sides of him was Takaki Masao and Kogami Ayumu-taicho. "Is that all the information that we have on them. You said that one of them might related to Isaki Kushin." Shin said as he calmly closed his notebook and placed it within his coat.

"Hai, the records show that Isaki has a relative sharing the same physical description as one of the men who entered the village." She said as she picked out a parchment from underneath her arm.

"I see and Kushin is still in Konohagakure." Shin continued.

"Yes." She said.

"Hitomi, I would like for you to get in contact with Kushin and confirm his relations with this Hoshikata and continue monitoring any radio signals from the gates." He said.

"Hai." She responded as gave a slight bow and walked in the opposite direction toward the lobby. For a few minutes there was silence as the three got closer to the conference room.

"What are your thoughts on our visitors." Shin asked.

...​

Shortly after, they reached the door that housed their mysterious guest. Shin request that the man be put in one of the glassed conference room so that his activity could be known to the public. Shin glanced at the window as he saw a man covered in dark clothing his face hidden by a hood. Shin turned the knob of the door and became the first to enter the room. He was dressed in his normal attire: a simple but eloquent white and gray cloak that covered most of his body including most of his face. His eyes hidden behind tinted glasses that reflected against the florescent light.

"I am Haichidame Hayata Shin and you must be Hoshikata. Am I right?" He said. Shin looked around and noticed that Hoshikata's companions were not in the room. "I was told that you came with other people."

[Entering with Takaki Masao and Kogami Ayumu]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Not longer after entering the village, Ayumu received information about exactly why that cluster of random people had assembled at the gates off to the side as he was entering. Apparently it was no welcoming party for himself that he evaded. It was a welcoming party for a group of shinobi hailing from Mist, or originally from Mist, something like that. They were no longer under the banner, which was slightly concerning considering the recent treaty with Kirigakure which spoke of extradition of Missing-nin, but the one who had gone through the trouble of having the treaty signed was assuring everyone that this group had left Mist peacefully and legally. Surely he wouldn't let all of his hard work go to waste by claiming this. Regardless, they were going to meet the visitors and see what they wanted in Cloud now. Ayumu had been called in to join in on the meeting, perhaps mostly for safety's sake. He didn't mind one way or the other. He now stood at the side of Hayata Shin and Takaki Masao, probably the two most powerful men in the village. It felt strange, new as he still was, to stand there with them, but he didn't show any signs of it.

He listened as Shin received information from a woman about the leader of the group, apparently related to the Medical Sennin's wife. Now the three of them moved towards the conference room where Isaki Hoshikata was waiting. Before they entered, Shin asked their opinions on the visitors. Masao was probably much more informed on them than Ayumu, having sent Do Natsu to Mist himself, but Ayumu would weigh in the best he could. "Well, seeing as they're ex-Mist-nins and we just signed a treaty with Kirigakure... what could go wrong? I trust Masao's man, though, if he says they were authorized to leave... though it might be prudent to send a message to Kirigakure to verify they feel the same way, maybe after we see what they want," he said, offering his opinion with a slight joke, as he was wont to do.

Once they reached the entrance to the room, Ayumu was somewhat surprised to see the man in the middle of a glass walled room. This was certainly putting him on display, hopefully he wasn't shy. He was alone, coming without his allies. Perhaps it was a show of good faith. Shin entered the room first and addressed Hoshikata, inquiring about what Ayumu had been wondering. Ayumu was just going to be quiet for now, there wasn't much to say. The talking part would be mostly Hoshikata's to explain why they had come. For the time being, he simply stood behind Shin, leaning against the wall next to the door. He was clad in a well-fitted black kimono which covered all of his body save for his feet, which were adorned with classic shinobi sandals. A gray sash held a sword at his side, but the most stark feature was the white ANBU mask over his face.

[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"What are your thoughts on our visitors,” asked the Raikage. The statement was phrased as an order, not as a question. Masao fixed a steady gaze on the man as she stood beside Hayata Shin with his hands clasped behind his back. For all of the jokes one could make about lobster dinner and tea, in reality Shin was the true leader of Kumogakure. His leniency towards missing-shinobi was born not of misdirected compassion, but from the simple knowledge in that man’s clockwork mind that he could simply crush anyone who defied him with no more than a mere thought. A mere, transitory, bending of the will. While his lesser deployed their blades and handseals and bolters, all Hayata Shin would have to do was think, and the world would bow to him.

Masao enforced discipline throughout his branch at the end of a brush. This made him feared by everyone from academy student to jounin, and even gave the other Sennin pause. But Hayata Shin was loved, and love was unimaginably more powerful than fear. Were the legions of the Imperial Army to crash upon the gates of Kumogakure, all three men – Takaki Masao, Isaki Kushin, and Kogami Ayumu, would gladly die before even allowing a single spatter of tainted blood to touch their master.
Erwin_Av_zpsbe599b44.jpg

cloud_sennin.gif
“I still don’t trust the Jaundiced One, Hayata-sama,” said Masao. “No shinobi village simply grants its most powerful shinobi leave to resettle. He has either committed some grave crime against them, or plans to at some point in the future. I do not want us dragged into it. The only reason I am not more forceful in my objection to their meeting you is because my Spymaster sees some advantage in their presence. Speaking of which, where is the man? I instructed Nyaruko to bring him here."

He still tasted the bitterness of Ketsueki Satou’s cigarette in his mouth. It was reassuring to have a Mad Dog on the leash, ready to kill. He stole another glance at Kogami Ayumu. Ironically, the ANBU had been one of his trainees, what seemed like an eternity ago. He hoped that Ayumu hadn’t lost his special touch with blades, for those might come in handy depending on the outcome of the meeting.

The visitor entered. Masao stood by the Raikage, his expression inscrutable.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

He looks up as the group enters, showing no sign of the annoyance he felt at the entourage following the man he sought. Apparently there was some difference between cultures here, as in Kiri a private meeting was just that. Still, perhaps the man feared for his safety, which led to the bitter thought that they considered Hoshikata a threat. Or maybe he was just craven, unwilling to do anything without protection. Either way the patriarch of the Isaki clan was growing weary of this place quickly.

He nods at the words of the leader of the trio, a smile on his face. ”I am indeed. A pleasure to meet you at long last.” The other two seemed content on not speaking, which was fine with him. At the words following the question he gives a soft laugh and shakes his head. ”There are indeed others who came with me, but I had assumed this would be a private meeting. They're currently relaxing in a hotel room awaiting my return. I had hoped Natsu would be with you, a shame he is not.”

Those golden eyes remain focused on Shin, and he was learning even now. That was his blessing, from the upbringing his parents had given him in the world of politics and governance, his blessing was to always be learning about people.

”If you wish them present I can certainly retrieve them though I have no doubt their presence is not required here. Before we get to any matters, however, I must present this.” His hand vanishes into the robes he was wearing and comes out with an polished wooden box of dark oak. The symbol of a lightning bolt parting the clouds had been etched into the lid. There was a simple latch of sterling silver holding it closed, and on the latch was the word 'drako'.

This he hands over, knowing that the inside was lined in velvet and a deep blue scarf with golden embroidery resembling a hydra on it was sitting on the velvet. ”Your man offered me a gift. I offer my own in return. Hand woven by my own mother. I trust you will require it as I hear it gets rather cold in these parts.”

An ANBU, and the man who had given permission for them to enter. Natsu had said the man was a sennin, which meant the other likely held an equal rank. He had no clue how the governance of this village worked but apparently the majority of it stood before him now. He could tell nothing of the man in the mask, for while many said the eyes were the gateway of the soul Hoshikata wasn't keen on being caught scrutinizing someone's oculars. The other one, however, he would be willing to learn of also that he might determine the best course of action to follow with these people.

One misstep could spell utter ruin.

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths

A whole lot of nothing. That's what his title amounted to! Oh Spymaster Donut, so glad to have all this secret information we otherwise would've been clueless about! Oh Spymaster Donut, how terribly wonderful of you to present such detailed reports! Oh Spymaster Donut, how amazingly handsome you look with your tan and new suit! Oh Spymaster Donut, how remarkable to fuel the donut economy in our Village and attract tourists from all over the world to Lightning Country by yourself! Oh Spymaster Donut, incredible work on the treaty you scored us! Pfah! And what did all work get me?! Not a spot at the negotiation table of the Raikage, that's what!

The Jonin was admittedly a bit disgruntled as being cast aside like that. Of course he understood. Raikage Shin was a busy man. He couldn't be expected to deal with everyone and take every little detail into account. Nor the could leader of a military village be expected to listen to twelve different advisors on how to deal with a single man. But surely three wouldn't have been too much trouble, would it? A little nagging voice demanded. Natsu simply sighed, reading over Kushin's telegram once more. The Spymaster knew the contents by heart now, yet it was about the only thing he could do while he waited.

Movement inside the corridor stirred Natsu from the letter and he could see the trio move towards the conference room. Quickly moving to his feet, the Jonin hoped to intercept them and give Shin at least the message before the Raikage would face Hoshikata. A simple cough and sharp look from the man's secretary was enough to halt him though. "Oh come on Hitomi! You know I will be useful in these negotiations!" The woman said nothing, only intensifying her deathstare. Natsu sighed, realizing the woman cared for nothing but absolute orders. A sentiment he usually shared, but the Spymaster feared his ex-Mistian counterpart too much to care at the moment. Shin might have had two of the most powerful fighters of Kumogakure with him, but Hoshikata's strength lay more so in his words.

"At least get this note to Shin-Sama then! I understand you don't want a Jonin bothering him, but surely the words of a Sennin should be enough to sway you!" Another silent soul-rending stare was the only answer, before she finally held out her hand. Muttering under his breath, the Spymaster handed over the note to the secretary. Maybe if she'd alert Shin of its contents the man would call in Natsu. After all, with Kushin being rendered useless in yet another way, no offense, Natsu was the closest thing to an expert they had.. Besides the Sennin's wife perhaps, but the conference room was no place for that woman. No, it'd have to be him!

[Word Count: 470]
[Marked for Training]
Kushin's Telegram said:
Hitomi, I have never met the man himself, rather members of his family. Ask my wife Karei to identify him, she is of his blood and once lived in Water Country amongst that family. She will likely be all too happy to see a member of her family again.

Regards,

Kushin
Medical Sennin of Kumogakure

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The man was gentle as he respond to Shin's Shin's questions with a generous smile. His attitudes was to convey he was no threat to the village; it would not be too much of a grandiose idea to believe that all shinobi from Kirigakure shared the same complacent countenance when speaking to foreign, a wise philosophy.

Hoshikata briefly mentioned his comrades not attending to respect his wishes for a private meeting with Shin. At least there was records of where they were. Shin ensured that that lounge in a relaxing hotel hotel near Nimbus Springs, alas they were not completely alone being watched the hidden ANBU.

"Yes, well I would not impose too much from Do Natsu-san, he was on a long journey." Shin said with a cordial grin with cheekbones slightly rising to substitute the smile that hid underneath his elevated collar

Hoshikata began to reach into his coat as he pulled out a small wooden box. It had a nice polished finished with a simple silver latch. The most curious design on the box was an engraved lighting bolt on the top of the box. You would think the box came from Kumogakure. Shin opened the box and discovered the a deep blue scarf with a golden embroidery in the shape of a hydra.

"I appreciate the gift. It should go to good use." Shin said. Suddenly, Shin's hidden headset began to hiss as a small voice began to crackle inside his ear. "Excuse me." Shin said as he brought his attention to the call.

"Ah I see." Shin said. There was a small pause as the voice behind the headset began to respond. "No, I don't believe that would be necessary. I will inform Lady Karei about our visitor. Yes, bring Do-Natsu here, if it is his desire...Yes, thank you Hitomi."

"I am sorry, it appears that you are related to the Isaki clan. Our medical sennin is married to a woman named Isaki Karei, perhaps you know of her. Also, Do Natsu will be joining us if he decides to. Now onto important matters." Shin said as he took his seat across the man placing the small case on top of the table. "What really brings you here to Kumogakure. It is not hard to believe that you are no longer associate yourself with Kirigakure considering the new ties our village has with them." Shin said.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Masao had a point, it didn't make much sense for Kirigakure to just allow some of their shinobi, especially a former Mizukage privy to all kinds of secret, leave. There had to be something else to it. Ayumu could only guess that somebody very much wanted to be rid of him, but was too afraid to use more direct means. The best they could do was to banish him, and hope it wouldn't come back to bite them later. Regardless, if Mist considered this group to be rogue shinobi, it was their responsibility to let Kumo know, and they had plenty of opportunities to do that already. Hoshikata explained where his fellow wanderers were and suggested that he though this was to be a private meeting. Ayumu couldn't help but wonder if that was a hint of displeasure at Ayumu and Masao's presence, not that he much cared if the man was pleased with it or not. One did not just walk in and meet with the Raikage one on one, the world was not such that they could afford trust like that... especially when it came to an unaffiliated shinobi. It was nothing against them personally, of course, but there was no given reason to trust any of them yet.

Ayumu watched carefully as the man's hand disappeared into his coat, not expecting him to produce a weapon but cautious all the same. He pulled out a wooden box made of some expensive wood, no doubt, and opened it to reveal a luxurious scarf with golden embroidery no doubt quite expensive itself, then claimed it was hand woven by his own mother. 'Bullshit,' Ayumu mused, watching as the Raikage took it and thanked the man for it. Apparently it was thanks in return for a gift he was given by another Kumo-nin, perhaps the diplomat that was sent to Mist. A slight crackle came from Shin's headset, as his secretary spoke to him. Apparently the diplomat was here now and wanted to join the party. Shin returned to address the wanderers' leader.

The Raikage brought up the man's relation to Kushin's wife, apparently he was verifying that the relationship was not fabricated. The Raikage sat, and Ayumu remained in his position, still silent unless addressed. At last, they cut to the main point of the meeting. Why had the group of wanderers come to Kumogakure? Ayumu was also curious what exactly the nature of their departure from Kirigakure had been, but this was most important. It was clearly not merely a visit, as they had requested this meeting with the Raikage. They wanted something, as evidenced by the politician's attempts to butter up the Raikage with a gift. What was it they wanted?

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

The excuse given for Natsu's lack of being here was a sensible one, but it still revealed much. Natsu had been the one to vouch for him and his band, Natsu knew more about him than anyone in Cloud, including his own cousin who hadn't spoken to him in years. Either they weren't taking him seriously, or Natsu didn't hold the sway he thought. And then the gift certified suspicions elsewhere. Hoshikata did not allow himself a smile of triumph but victory in one angle had come.

He listened to the one-sided conversation and still learned much from it. Natsu wanted to be here. That meant he hadn't even been consulted. Hoshikata had held a similar position in Mist before and knew he would be sore after having his intelligence gathering so casually dismissed as unnecessary. Perhaps an inroad could be made there with his counterpart.

The corner of his mouth quirked slightly as Shin spoke to him once more, and one of his eyebrows gently slid up above the other. Realated to the Isaki Clan? That was a unique way of putting it. As Shin took a seat Hoshikata took a second to judge his own reactions. Should he take a seat he would be at a disadvantage if they tried something, but not doing so showed a lack of confidence in both himself and their hospitality. He stepped forward to pull himself a chair out and settle it, the staff being laid on the table and, thought it looked entirely innocuous the end of it would catch the sun through a window and reflect it at the Raikage across from him. He pretended not to notice as he spoke.

”Related to the clan is an interesting way of putting it. I am the Patriarch of the clan, I lead and they follow. Kushin is married to my cousin, but the body of the clan has been in Mist for the past thousand years. And I'm glad to hear he will be, Natsu and I had a lovely conversation in Mist.” Indeed, the scarf he had given to this man was the same one Natsu had given him during that talk and claimed the Raikage himself picked as a personal gift. That cat was out of the bag to Hoshikata, but he might hold onto the knowledge for a while longer.

”As for my purpose here, it is twofold. First, there is an island just south of Lightning Country, Moon Island. Several thousand shinobi are about to be settling down there and I wished to assure you that they are no threat to your village or lands. The land is the ancestral home of the Shoukyou Clan and we Isaki have seen fit to follow them there to see if we could turn it into something more than a mere farmland and religious center.”

“Secondly, Natsu perhaps was not aware of this but during his visit Yojimbo fell into a coma. For a time I resumed my position of Mizukage and was given a copy of this to look over.”
Once more his hand goes into those robes, coming out with a paper that should look quite familiar. The treaty. ”An interesting thing this. I commend you for your part in making it happen. But Natsu also explained to me that you wished to hold a summit of the Kages in the future. I would like to offer a neutral ground for this to happen on in Moon. And perhaps explain the benefit of having a neutral fifth party, as it were, to oversee it. Not in any bossy fashion, but mostly to try and see that conversation moves forward instead of getting stuck on past grudges and angry tempers.”

His golden eyes had been fixed on the man before him, taking measure of his every movement, and he knew this would likely invoke something in him. In truth Hoshikata had three purposes here, and one he had given was false. But which one?

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Well there was no doubt that Isaki clan originated from Kirigakure and here standing before Shin was the leader. Ironically, the Isaki clan was the forefront of his whole reason for coming here. Apparently, the man wanted to translate all of his clan members to Moon Island whether they be in Kumogakure or Kirigakure. He was enumerating thousands of shinobi that would travel across the country to come to this island. It was hardly believing to think that this clan was this large and be functional, all of this was too skeptical.

"I see... you are proposing a new village rather than a mere place to stay. This would include some form of government and established economy which would many resources as well as alliances. Do you have any documentation that you can present to me." Shin said as he examined the new copy of the treaty. "Furthermore, what is the reason for choosing moon country?"

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Erwin_Av_zpsbe599b44.jpg

cloud_sennin.gif
Several...thousand shinobi? Sounds like a gigantic lie if I've ever heard one. We barely have over five thousand shinobi in this village, if you count the academy students, the freeter-genin, and the retirees, scoffed Masao. Whether the Jaundiced One was trying to bluster or intimidate, he did not know, but the actual figure was likely smaller. If there were actually that many dispossessed chakra-wielders looking for a home, such a tidal wave of hungry power would spell disaster for any country they swept across.

"Greetings, former Mizukage Isaki Hoshikata," said Masao, giving the man a polite nod. "I am Takaki Masao, Sennin of the Main Branch. We appreciate the professional courtesy you show to our Lord the Raikage. We realize that you do not need our permission in any way shape or form to proceed with the establishment of your colony. That being said, I am concerned that your former village may find umbrage with your establishment of what is essentially a breakaway state. We both know that shinobi villages are greedy, especially when it comes to lost 'property.' When Mist declares war in the future, what will you do?"

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

If Shin had mentioned some desire to take ninja from Cloud he might have been met with a laugh. He did not and was not. Hoshikata had no designs on anyone in this village, indeed the only reason he'd come here to to stave off any preventative measures they might take should his plans succeed and to try and get that summit held in his new home. And had he mentioned his doubts on the clan, or its size, he would have been told of the age of the clan and the fact that it was involved in so many business ventures in this world that the man before him could likely buy entire countries.

None was mentioned, however. Instead there was talk of documentation. And the man went to read the treaty like it was something new. It was merely a copy of the one he'd already made, something Hoshikata had brought to show that he was indeed within the upper echelons of Mist leadership when he left; it was not a new treaty for anything.

Still, documentation of what? And then the sennin went on about war. Those golden eyes moved between the two for a moment as he thought. Finally, with a shrug, he reaches into his robes. Let them wonder how many pockets he had in that garment. But when he pulled his hand free there was a sheaf of papers in this. ”I'm not sure what documentation you would be looking for. The best I can do is offer, for perusal only since I will require these back, the contracts detailing the release of my clan from Mist and the terms of how my land there is to be handled.”

He sets the papers on the table. Mostly it was convoluted legal talk about eminent domain not being enforcable, tax rates being locked in and that the various businesses he ran in the village still belonging to his clan and being private property. But at the end was a paper detailing the terms of his resigning the post of Mizukage and handing it over to one Kasumi Masa. All papers were signed by witnesses, and himself as the Mizukage.

”As for why we chose Moon, as I said my companions have family in the area and we're going there to link up with them.” Indeed, he'd already explained that one. The Shoukyou he'd known apparently hailed from that island, and he doubted they would have returned without the exodus of his own happening. Still, circumstances had moved as such and fate had smiled on him.

Finally he turns to Masao and smiles at the man. This one was plain enough to read it seemed. ”There will be no war. I'm not sure how things work here in Lightning, but in Kirigakure there are many legalities and bodies who must agree to a war. The current Mizukage is someone I appointed to the position. As was the one before her. The medical sennin of the village is my own brother. So long as I do not attack Mist, she will not attack me.”

He seemed quite sure of that, and indeed he was. Masa had no purpose in starting a war with anyone, and Karu knew where his blood lie. The two of them could stymie any attempts at someone starting trouble. ”But if they do decide to start something.... I did not rise to the position of Mizukage by being easy to beat.”

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Hoshikata now explained the exact nature of his relation to Kushin, or more specifically to Kushin's wife. Ayumu had to wonder how it was that Kushin's wife had ended up in Kumogakure, given that the Isaki clan was based in Kirigakure. Another question was, why had Kushin taken the Isaki name? The details of that were curious, but those were questions for another time. Now they were getting to the meat of the matter. Hoshikata described an island to the south of Lightning Country known as Moon Country. Though the plot team could never seem to get an official map together even when offered several, Ayumu was fairly certain he knew where that was. Apparently the Isaki patriarch had plans for several thousand shinobi to settle there. Several thousand was a large evaluation of their numbers, but of course numbers were only a small part of a village's dynamics. While other village may have had more pure numbers, there was a reason Kumogakure had been around for so long.

'So he wants to start another shinobi village. Great. More competition in an already saturated market!' Ayumu thought, shaking his head subtly. The politician next went on to discuss a bit of Mist's politics, describing how he had briefly come back into power before being ousted once again. 'Wonder why,' Ayumu couldn't help but think. Perhaps it was the fact that he had several thousand shinobi willing to follow him over Kirigakure's leaders. He presented a threat to them that they couldn't face, so they decided to push him away where he couldn't hurt them. Or where they thought he couldn't hurt them. Yet, by losing him and those that followed him, who felt the sting more? All of them would feel it, to some extent. Hoshikata reached into his pocket once more, producing the treaty Do Natsu had brought before Mist. He now offered to help further Shin's world peace agenda by offering up his village as a neutral grounds for the kage to meet. For the moment, Shin sounded more interested in the village itself, as the rest of them undoubtedly were.

The Isaki produced still more papers, perhaps to show that he was capable of creating such a village. Ayumu wasn't sure what Shin was looking for, exactly. He mostly ignored the papers and kept an eye on Hoshikata. In response to Shin's question, he repeated what he'd already said about the Shoukyou's origin on the island. Ayumu recalled that a few amongst the man's group shared the name Shoukyou. Apparently the two clans were allied. Masao expressed concern that Mist may come after Hoshikata's new village. The foreigner assured them that this would not happen, citing allies among the leadership of Mist. There was little doubt in his voice that he was safe from betrayal by his mother village, despite the fact that it had cast him out. Regardless, he also expressed his determination to meet them if they changed their mind.

"It could come to that still. It seems leadership in Kirigakure changes hand frequently. Tomorrow you could find someone less agreeable in charge, if there are any in Mist foolish enough to start a war over a grudge," Ayumu finally commented. It was true that starting a war over such a thing would be foolish, but more foolish wars had been started. Now that Ayumu had spoke, he figured he might as well introduce himself as Masao had, though he couldn't offer a name for reasons that would be obvious to the former Mist-nin if Kirigakure had ANBU. "I am the Vice Commander of ANBU. Sorry, the Regent Commander was unfortunately too busy to attend, so I'm standing in," he introduced himself, explaining the absence of the other Sennin. The man was incredibly busy, which was why Ayumu often stood in for him.

"At any rate, I take it you hope to gain some legitimacy for your new village by holding the Kage Summit within it? If not that, what is it you hope for?" he asked, hoping the other two would not mind his input, given that he was not a Sennin. At least not quite yet. Regardless, he was still new to speaking politically, so it was true that at times he could lack the best of tact, even if it wasn't intentional. Fortunately, the other two were perfectly capable of smoothing the edges if Ayumu was not.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

As Shin scanned the copy of the Kumo-Kiri treaty, Masao decided to introduce himself and include his input on the subject. He made an interesting point that plagued Shin's mind. It is not hard to believe the threat of a insurmountable amount of former Kirigakure nin posses land in between several shinobi nations to name a few Hoshigakure and Kumogakure. He could not speak for the Hoshikage but they would both agree that there was going to some form of risk if they would agree to all of this, for a moment the thought of her storming into his office brought a dreaded look in his gray eyes.

Hoshikata affirmed that there would be no possibility of war between him and Kirigakure but he could not say anything about Kumogakure and perhaps any other village. He returned toward Shin and moved toward his coat once more removing several parchments ranging from resignation papers and other legal documents. "Interesting..." Shin thought to himself as he shuffled through a few of the papers. He eyes drew toward the resignation with the familiar signatures listed at the bottom corner, so far everything looked legitimate. Shin looked back at the shrouded man, the former mizukage. "He has extensive relations with the leaders of his village not to mention his previous position as kage why not have his extended family come to Kirigakure?" Shin thought to himself. Perhaps Shin was analyzing this more than necessary. "If he were not a threat it would be obvious this man would not have come to me or is it merely out of courtesy."

There was not much to more go one, anything else at this juncture would be mere speculation. The only person who knew more about Kirigakure than himself was Do-Natsu. It had been nearly ten minutes and the man was still not here.

"It could come to that still. It seems leadership in Kirigakure changes hand frequently. Tomorrow you could find someone less agreeable in charge, if there are any in Mist foolish enough to start a war over a grudge," Ayumu finally commented. "I am the Vice Commander of ANBU. Sorry, the Regent Commander was unfortunately too busy to attend, so I'm standing in," he introduced himself, explaining the absence of the other Sennin. The man was incredibly busy, which was why Ayumu often stood in for him.

"At any rate, I take it you hope to gain some legitimacy for your new village by holding the Kage Summit within it? If not that, what is it you hope for?" He asked.

Indeed that was the question but they all knew the man was not going to reveal his only secret or perhaps he simply wanted to be with his true people.

"If you don't mind, Hoshikata-san, I would like to make copies for my own records. I request your permission to do so. Also, as Ayumu-taicho has addressed I am sure you believe what you are doing is altruistic but what exactly is your goal for bringing your clan into one nation other than water country?"

[Sorry guys, it was exam week so I was usy :|]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

”While the leadership could well change, unless some drastic happens my brother will retain his position. And the method of selecting a new Mizukage by its nature means the sennin will retain their positions. But, if they do change their mind I won't hold back protecting my family and friends.” His golden eyes turn to the man who finally spoke, taking note at last of him with those calculating eyes of his.

”A pleasure. And there is no need for legitimacy. I think you all misunderstand my intention. I am not seeking a war, or a new village to rise up and take over the world. I merely came to let you know not to be alarmed by new neighbors, and to point out that if you hold this Summit here, then the other leaders will feel threatened by the fact that the Raikage holds a home ground advantage. My offer is only because I wish to see this meeting succeed, and I fear it will not if the other Kages are too paranoid about the location.”

“Too long has this world lives without cooperation. We have a broken alliance between Mist and Sand, Leaf and Mist are all but at war.... and yet you forged a new treaty with Kirigakure. I came to you first because this, if nothing else, proved to me that we perhaps desire the same thing. Cooperation, if not peace, between the shinobi villages. The world can only flourish by this, and yet might be doomed should it not happen.”

At Shin's words he nods and motions acceptance. He had little desire to stop the man, after all Masa had her own copy so it would do nothing for him to have them also. ”By all means. As for why...” Hoshikata gives a sigh. ”The land on which Kirigakure sits has been the acestral home of the Isaki clan for over a thousand years. We settled it long before anyone else had come. Over time the other clans arrived, and a war for our homeland was in the awning before a truce was reached and the city itself founded.”

“The senior members of the clan have never forgiven this. And while I lead, like all leaders I do so only with the approval of my people. For, indeed, if the citizens of Cloud rose up and declared you a false ruler, would not their numbers win in the end? So too is it leading this clan. When the majority demanded we leave, I had little choice but to agree. Still, I left the businesses I ran in the village operational, keeping most of the native employed, just to keep the village from suffering an economic collapse.”

Ever since that riot he'd been the main employer of people in Mist. Were Masa wise, she would do well to fix that. ”Believe me, had I any ill intentions, would they not be better served by my remaining the Mizukage, with the power that position holds over many times what I have now?”

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Well, can I? Can I? Can I? Can I? Ca-.." Natsu asked incessantly, hoping to coax a reply from the stern secretary. The woman was a wonderful example of diligence however, working out all of her tasks in the instructed order. As Shin's words had come crackling over the headset, Hitomi had taken out the schedule, looking for an available date Shin would have free to inform Isaki Karei about her family. After all, a man as busy as Shin with leading the Village, approving high-rank Missions and exams and taking people out for steak and lobster needed a tight schedule to keep everything running swimmingly. The secretary hadn't spared Natsu even a look, let alone a word.

Tucking the agenda away, the finally looked at Natsu and spoke up. "Very well, but if you go, best make yourself useful. Wait here, I shall fetch the tea." Of course she would. After all, what was Raikage Shin without his infamous tea? Such a dutiful secretary. Perhaps Natsu would have to look into getting himself a similar model, only switch the tea module for a donut one. As Hitomi made her way to wherever Shin's magical tea came from however, Natsu quickly made his way to the room. The Jonin would not risk angering the secretary by entering regardless of her instructions, but surely some eavesdropping would be useful.

The Spymaster made it just in time to hear Masao's questions. Clearly he had missed quite a bit of the conversation, something he silently scolded Hitomi for, but deduction was a skill he was well versed in. Clearly the conversation was handling the topic of Hoshikata's Village. The man had made mention of it at the Gates, and some further digging on Natsu's part had revealed it to lean towards the Moon country. There had been talk of Bear, but that idea was quickly dismissed. Moon was the only viable alternative left, honestly.

Paperwork regarding what? Natsu pondered, hearing the ex-Kiri mention the request. Seeing as Shin quickly responded to it by requesting copies of the documents, it was assumable the Raikage had requested the paper trail. Odd, but inconsequential. Hoshikata's next answer revealed a political misstep on the part of one of the three Kumo-Nin. Clearly the answer had already been stated. A simple mistake, but one which could be turned into an advantage easily. Next was a voice Natsu had not heard before. At least, not one he could identify. Brash statements bordering insult towards Kirigakure made Natsu groan however, and the introduction just so.

Revealing his ANBU Rank, the Vice Commander had given away a trump card from Natsu's perspective. For all Hoshikata could've known, it was just a faceless ANBU who was a close informant and bodyguard of the Raikage. Now it was known he held near full control over the ANBU Branch and its secrets. Even if the mask muffled his voice, there weren't too many people who would fit the same profile as the Vice Commander, certainly not with such an elaborate mask design. Then came the assumptions. Logical ones to make, no doubt. But it was always a risk to reveal what you thought about a situation so brazenly.

Hoshikata deftly handled the thoughts spoken out loud, making the difference in political experience painfully clear to Natsu. Perhaps he'd have to organize a class for the higher ranked Shinobi of Kumo on how to handle negotiations and politics. Just then, Hitomi finally tapped him on the shoulder. Presenting him a tray with four cups and three different teapots. With a sharp nod she motioned him to enter. As if it had been his fault he'd been delayed so much! Opening the door, he strode in at the end of Hoshikata's speech. "Terribly sorry for the delay. Various matters pressed for attention. However, should any of you wish, I have brought tea along."

Natsu was thankful he had been able to enter at this point. The questions Hoshikata had asked were very heavily loaded, and if any of the three Kumo-Nin had brazenly spoken without thinking, it could have been another sign of weakness. The Spymaster's interruption would give them the chance to mull over how to respond, or possibly avoid the questions entirely without requiring an excuse for it. Simply reaching for a cup of tea would be sufficient. Natsu himself used the opportunity to scan the room for any signs he might've missed. The scarf was a clever jab from Hoshikata. The Jonin was once more reminded this conversation would require the utmost concentration, even from him.

[Word Count: 767]
[Marked for Training]
[OoC: Again, apologies for the delay. Just like Shin, I've had exams occupy all of my time. Not the best post ever, but I think I managed to cover most everything without breaking timeflow or such. If there'd be any issues, feel free to PM me and I'll edit accordingly.]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

His words were endearing but one would say it was too good to be true. Every word that sprung that came out the man's mouth felt like they were pulled from the depths of Shin's stomach. It was as if the man knew the depths of Shin's soul and was revealing it for the world to see. Everyone knew how adamant Shin was about sharing the shinobi arts to the world and to bring order to the world. However, Shin could not shake the thought that his man had some ulterior motive that he was not revealing, it would naive of Shin to think otherwise. There was not much go on besides his words and the documents that Shin held in his hands. It would too soon to react to anything until there was more development. All Shin could do was wait and observe.

The man continued on by shifting his words giving responsibility for his actions to his clansman. He tried to justify his words by giving an analogy by comparing the rule of a false kage to the demands of the righteous people. It was unfortunate to not hear that the opposite was also true.

”Believe me, had I any ill intentions, would they not be better served by my remaining the Mizukage, with the power that position holds over many times what I have now?” Hoshikata concluded.

"Ah....yes I am sure..." Shin began but was interrupted by the creaking of the back door. A figure emerged walking by the Aymu and Masao. It turned out to be Do-Natsu arriving with a platter holding a brewing tea kettle and an array of teacups. Shin could see Hitomi at the corner of the glass window walking toward the opposite direction. "Hitomi always knows what I need at the right moment." Shin thought. A cup of tea would calm his mind.

"Do Natsu, we were hoping you would arrive. Please have a seat. I will have to thank Hitomi when I return." Shin said with silent grin as he helped himself to the tea. The tea was rather hot as the steam erupted from the kettle spewing hot air over the counter.The small box that sat on began to collect condensation. The familiar silver lighting emblem began to look wet and damp as droplets of water attached to the plating. In only a few moments the whole room smelled like a tropical herb garden.

Shin pressed the circular column to his lips as he took a sip of tea. For a brief moment there was inescapable silence before placing the cup to the table. Shin exhaled as a steam flowed out of his nose. "As I said before I am sure you mean well and I appreciate you speaking to us to efface any form of threat that this could possibly bring. I will take your place of choice for the summit into consideration. Unfortunately, I forgot to mention that I am constructing a shinobi peace conference. I would like for the hosting village to express the their respective culture and progression in chakra manipulation. In time this will become a tradition for all villages to partake in. As you have described, shinobi are the evolution to mankind's growth."

"If there is nothing else you will like to speak with me I believe this meeting can be adjourned but before we depart. I would like for you tell me about your escapades at Kirigakure. Hoshikata has told me nothing but positives things about your presence in water country and I am sure this goes the same for Shima Haruka." Shin said as he turned toward Do Natsu
[Lets finish this up shall we]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

As the words left his mouth the door would open, revealing the one man in this village who held his respect and made him somewhat wary. Natsu was skilled at the game of wits, and his timing impeccable. As the aroma of tea begins to fill the room Hoshikata’s golden orbs would meet those of his counterpart and a grin would be on his features. This man was dangerous in his own way, but Hoshikata was born in this world, the land of words and intrigue, where everything you said was a study in not giving anything away.

Should a cup of tea come his way he would decline it, graciously, explaining that he had already eaten earlier. In truth he wouldn’t put it past someone like Natsu to slip something into the drink. The Raikage he doubted would do any such thing, but Natsu was not an honorable man like his boss. As Shin takes his own sip and begins deliberating, it could become apparent that Hoshikata’s reason for being here was coming to a close. His suggestion had been considered, likely rejected already though good manners wouldn’t let him say such, and his warning was thanked.

And now Natsu was the topic of conversation. Hoshikata nods to Shin, rising from his chair and grabbing his staff. ”I am pleased that we could meet. Long have I searched for another who shares my goals. I assume you and your staff would prefer some privacy to discuss matters? Please send word once you have come to a decision, until then peace be with you.” With a twirl of his robes Hoshikata turns on heel and strides from the room, pulling his hood up over his head as he went.

Natsu would likely be a problem. While no one else in that room could even try to fathom Hoshikata’s end goal, Natsu had a devious enough mind to work something close to it out. No one, not even his closest friends or foes, could truly comprehend what Hoshikata wanted, but if Natsu worked out the wrong thing and convinced his superiors to deny this idea it could cause issues down the line. The Seer hums to himself as he leaves, knowing he would need to speak to that ingenious mind privately once more before he left.

(Topic left)

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Ayumu was revealing that the masked man before them was the Vice Commander, not that it mattered much as his mask changed frequently enough that nobody would be able to identify him from behind the mask without extra abilities. Unbeknownst to all of them including the Vice Commander, it wouldn't matter much longer regardless as he wouldn't be holding the same rank but for another day at the most. More importantly, Hoshikata seemed unconcerned that any from Mist would ever pursue him. Of course there was no telling if that was true or just a lie to assure them. He also dismissed Ayumu's suggestion that they might be seeking legitimacy, though it didn't change his mind. If they were going to be a shinobi village, they'd need clients, and to gain clients they would need to be known. Holding the shinobi conference in their village would be an excellent way to bring attention to the village. Of course, that could just be a side benefit to their main goal. What he claimed their intent was seemed logical enough as well.

Ayumu noticed as the diplomat entered the room, the one by the name of Do Natsu. He had heard of the trip he made to establish a treaty with Mist Village, of course. That had put his name on the map, so to speak. Ayumu could only assume he was here to try to make sure the trio of men handled the meeting with Hoshikata delicately. Politicians. They were always so worried about their schemes and controlling information. Those two were cut from the same cloth. Natsu brought with him a tray of tea and interruption, causing the room to briefly turn their attention to him.

"No, thank you," Ayumu said simply before turning his attention to Shin to see how he would respond to Hoshikata. He hadn't much else to say however, and left the meeting's adjournment pretty much open. Ayumu figured that was for the best, no need to commit to anything now. It seemed Natsu had arrived just in time for the end of the meeting. Hoshikata stood, taking his staff and said his farewells to the Raikage before departing the room, leaving the Kumo-nins alone. Ayumu waited until he was certainly out of earshot.

"So then, basically he wants to make sure we don't seem him setting up his village and go knock it down because we think it's a threat. I'm sure he intends to meet with some if not all of the other shinobi villages to reassure them as well. What he intends to do once he's set himself up is the real question," Ayumu commented before turning his attention to Do Natsu, the one in the room who apparently knew the man best. They were also similar in ways, so perhaps he would have some valuable insight on Hoshikata. "You know him better than the rest of us, what's your take on this?" Ayumu asked, gesturing towards Do Natsu as it could be hard to tell who he was looking at with his mask on.

[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"I'll take one," said Masao to Natsu's offer of tea. He had been unusually quiet during these proceedings - a few years ago, the Sennin would have loudly and boisterously expressed his opinion to all present in the room (he would have recommended a task force be sent to Moon Country to assist its legitimate government in retaking the country from the ex-Kage's band of rogues), but the time for such outbursts was long over. The new stars of the show that was international politics were sitting in front of him. Donuts, Ayumu, even Kushin when he deigned to show up.

"I'll say this, Hayata-sama," Masao finally intoned. "Isaki Hoshikata is unworthy of our trust, and may the Gods of the Administratum strike him down where he stands. That being said, it is better to have a potential enemy who we know well, rather than one who we know not at all. Especially if he is to be so...intimately close to our country. I trust the opinion of my Spymaster in this regard. If Do-san believes he can infiltrate Isaki's network just as well as he has infiltrated everyone else's, then we will be secure. If not, I trust Do-san to handle it appropriately."

Your aniki believes in you, otouto!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back